• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Typos

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
typo
Noun
pl -pos Informal - a typographical error

typographical error
—noun
an error in printed or typewritten matter resulting from striking the improper key of a keyboard, from mechanical failure, or the like.

I actually try to write properly, y'know? I probably look over my shorter posts multiple times before posting them but still end up with hordes of typos that require several edits to fix.

I've got the uncanny ability of replacing whole words with other words when typing, too. Sometimes the words have obvious relations, but other times there's no apparent relation at all beyond how my mind connects them (which can get as random as the Word Association thread). I'd almost be willing to bet my typoing has gotten worse over the past few years, too... but maybe that's just me, lol.

I've seen some awesome typos, though. "In a sex" is a classic. What others can people think of? And do you find that you typo a lot yourself?

It's funny when you're in a chat and tell everyone to write without correcting any mistakes/typos. Things break down very quickly for certain people... People like me XD

(And as you can see, I edited this post. Why? Technically for a few reasons, but one being because I typoed :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
Katie, doesn't it seem like when the two of us are in chat at the same time that the entire chat seems to have typos a lot more often?

Also, I'm like one of the best at typos. Anyone in chat knows it too. Stupid fingers. They don't move as fast as I want them to.

Really, I think that if you look through chat logs from the chat, I think Katie and I have the most typos. I have nothing against typos (I make a lot of typos myself) but I find it very amusing that we don't typo as often when were on at the same time and the entire chat then starts having typos in one huge swoop.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I can remember several conversations in the past that revolved completely around typoes - the first being El's classic in a sex. The second was piuck, instead of puke, and I can't remember what the third was. It might've been dman instead of damn.

Anyways, my typoes are generally caused by my using far too many different keyboards, so when I'm used to typing on a particular layout suddenly I have to switch. A good example was when my laptop was new, and I kept hitting 7 instead of the enter key (the two are right next to each other >>"). So yeah.