• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Two Hearts, One Love - A Gijinka Romance RP

(This RP is open only to @Hisseki, @Il Fantasma, @StarBlitz, @ProfessorSticks, @Midnight Princess, @Excalibur Queen, @Cloudswift, @Generation Sect, & @AstralDarkrai37)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Festival of Two Hearts is a traditional festival of Padparadscha Town, a town populated by humans with animal-like traits known as gijinkas. The entire day is like Valentine's Day all over again. Preparations are made, there are parties, dances, you name it! By the time the sun is falling, afternoon skies lit up by the vivid sunset colors, the clear crystal in the heart of the town's central statue is said to glow, casting down a sunset-colored light unto pairs that are meant to be...

At least, that's what all the stories say.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The morning sun rose over Padparadscha Town, illuminating the entirety of it through the tall trees surrounding it. The river that flowed through the center of the town beneath the cherry colored wooden bridge, dubbed the "Matchmaker Bridge", sparkled brilliantly in the morning light, bringing to life all the shrubs, ferns, flowers, and other plant life that surrounded it and the rest of the forest town. The town looked the same as it did every day, but the inhabitants - for the most part - knew that this was to change, for the Festival of Two Hearts was but a week away.

Dashing across a smaller bridge over the river, a silver and blue blur sped from the town's marketplace back to the park. Vega Altair sat at a swing with his newly-purchased bag of gummy worms, muttering "Who's the early one now, eh, storekeeper?" to himself as he struggled to open the package. The rainbow-colored sour treats seemed to taunt him, laughing silently amongst themselves as they watched the bug-winged gijinka try and try again to access them in their safe haven, all to no avail. Vega growled, now resorting to using his teeth in an attempt to pry open the package despite his teeth not being very sharp. "Curse... this... stupid... plastic!..." he grumbled as he continued to try and fight his way into his sweet and sour candy paradise.

Last edited:
Down a pathway in the park strolled a kitsune gijinka, a quiet song playing from her lips as she snaps her fingers on one hand to its beat, eyes happily and almost lazily narrowed. The weather was nearly nice enough for her to not need a sweatshirt- keyword: nearly- which always seemed to put the firey half-human in a good mood, since she practically lived in sweatshirts. She could hear the chirping of birds in the trees she passed under, and even if their own songs contradicted hers, a large grin stayed plastered on her face. Her moderately-pitched voice quietly sang against the chirps above.

"The black magic of Mulholland Dri-ive!
Swimming pools under desert ski-ies!
Drinking white wine in the blushing light!
Just another LA Devotee~!
Sunsets on the e-!
"

One of the female's large fox-like ears perked up as an odd sound, one unlike the birds or other critters around her, could be heard not far away. Rubbing the back of her neck with the hand she had been snapping with, Kagami continued to walk, a bit slower than before, down the path, contemplating her course of action with this new sound. Hm... check the sound out, or conti-

A turn she did not expect from the park she visited oh-so-often made Kit-Kat cut herself short, and she stopped walking as she tried to convey to herself just what she was greeted with. Not fifteen feet away was a bench, and on the bench sat another gijinka, who was struggling with opening something. "Uh..." she awkwardly began to speak to herself before her feet resumed their motion, carrying her over to the dragonfly guy. In an almost defeated manner, Kit sighed quietly, staring at the ground as she walked over and stopped next to the bench. From this closer spot, she could see the guy much clearer, but instead of taking in all his features, she got straight to the point of clearing her throat to announce her presence and pointing to the package that was also clearer now. "Hi there. You need help with that?"

Vega grumbled to himself as he tried to pry apart the wrapper to his beloved candy.
"Stupid, stupid, stupi-"

"Hi there. You need help with that?"

Vega looked up and saw a fox gijinka girl - no, wait, too many tails... a kitsune gijinka, then - approach him, offering assistance with the task of tearing open the gummy worms' prison-like container of plastic. With a defeated sigh and a facepalm, careful not to knock down his shades, he held out the bag to her. "Here, go nuts. Just try not to touch where I was biting, if it bugs ya - no pun intended," he said to her, his wings buzzing quickly behind him as he made the "unintentional" insect-related pun. "If you wanna have some, you can. They're the best! Sour, yeah, but still super tasty~"

He smirked as his wings buzzed some more behind him. "My name's Vega Altair, and I really don't have a 'set nickname', I guess, so call me whatever you like!" He said, immediately mentally regretting the last part of his statement.

... ... You're... you're stupid, aren't you? "Call me whatever you like?" Bricks are less dense, my goodness...

Vega scratched the back of his head and chuckled awkwardly, knocking his shades down on his face a bit. Once he realized he did this, he quickly fixes them and sat normally where he was, his wings still buzzing.

Phoebe Lucii's wings, a green blur on her back, carried her quickly through the marketplace, her hands carefully selecting each item she purchased. "Annnddd I think that's it. Thanks, Francine!" She said with a smile as she waved to a jackal gjinka standing behind the counter. Phoebe continued to hover quickly through the area until she spotted a pair of gjinkas situated around a bench. "I wonder what's up over there?" She said to herself with a jolly grin. The hummingbird gjinka quickly flew over, examining the two. "What's going on over here?" She asked, her eyes darting to the dragonfly gjinka, then to the kitsune as she grinned happily at the two.

Suddenly, there was a sharp crack from an old oak tree not far at all from where the gijinkas were dealing with gummy worms. An alarmed cry rang out and a branch fell to the ground. Jay burst out of the tree in a shower of leaves and twigs and feathers. Her wings flapped as the teenager lowered herself to the ground, then the teenager laughed at her near-death experience. She noticed that there were other gijinkas nearby and waved, a huge grin on her lips. "Hi!" Jay said rather loudly, walking over.

Just as a Vega was about to respond to a hummingbird gijinka's question, a sharp crack noise filled his ears. His wings buzzed loudly in alarm until he saw the other bird gijinka fly away from a tree, laughing presumably about whatever just happened. "... ... Uh... ... hiya!... ..." he managed to say, not really sure for a few moments of how to respond. "I'm Vega... and I'm apparently failing at opening a plastic bag..."

Okay okay, I can forgive the "call me anything" thing MAYBE... but you just admitted to people you don't know that you can't do something as mundanely simple as open a bag. WHY?! Vega thought critically to himself as he looked around at the mini-crowd he had amassed. He waved to all of them collectively, feeling no need for a third round of self-introduction. Hand still on his bag of gummy worms, he looked back to the kitsune girl. "Anywho, if you wanna help, that'd be great... what's your name? Matter of fact, what are your names, all of ya?..." Vega asked, checking a few times to make sure his shades stayed on his face where they belong as his wings buzzed quietly every second or so.

Phoebe slightly jumped at the crack noise, her eyes darting over to a blue jay gjinka that had emerged from the tree. "Hi there!" She exclaimed to her, waving, before turning back to the dragonfly gjinka, now having introduced himself as Vega. "Hi, Vega! I'm Phoebe. Phoebe Lucci!" Phoebe exclaimed a bit loudly, pointing her thumb at herself proudly.

Luke watched the other gijinkas curiously, from behind a tree. He had heard talking, and had gotten curious. "I wonder what they are doing." Luke thought. He turned away, turning his attention to the notebook he had been scribbling in with a pencil. "Let's see... Now where was I?" Luke mumbled, looking over one of the pages. He had been writing about chemical reactions.

As a loud crack filled the air, Kit-Kat paused all motor functions, including reaching out the for bag of gummy worms, and stood almost freakishly still, a shiver running up her spine. With wide eyes, she quickly whipped around to the tree that had snapped and created the noise, staring at the blue jay gijinka that was now on the ground, a spooked expression on her face. "...I think I just had a heart attack," she mumbled to herself, rubbing her forehead with a hand in an attempt to calm herself down, which only slightly worked. After a moment or two, however, Kit waved to the blue jay girl, turning around once again and taking the package of gummy worms from the dragonfly guy, who had said a few different times that his name is Vega.

She tried to tear open the small plastic bag, but when it wouldn't budge, Kit looked a bit sheepishly at Vega, chuckling awkwardly. "Hope ya don't mind," she said to him before sinking her teeth into the top of the bag and pulling, resulting in the top tearing open. Triumphantly, the kitsune girl grinned, fist-bumping the air as she passed the bag back to Vega. "Here you go! I won't keep you from these little things any longer!" she said, eyeing the worms for a moment almost longingly. "...Although, not gonna lie, I don't think I've ever tried these before... heh... nope, they're yours! I won't take any!"

Almost instantly after speaking, Kagami turned to the hummingbird girl and also waved to her, repositioning herself so she could see all three of the other gijinka- and, unknowingly, the one behind the tree- around her. Smiling brightly, the short teen raised a hand high and waved at all three of them. "Hi there! My name's Kagami, but you can call me Kit-Kat! It's nice to meet you all! Oh, and as for you..." Once again, Kit turned to Vega, smile stretching into a grin for a second time. "...you said I can call you anything, right? Ay, I'll think of somethin' good, don't you worry~!" She chuckled to herself, shoving a hand into the back pocket of her pants and looking off to the side a bit sheepishly.

"I'm Jayden," Jay introduced herself, "But call me Jay. Or don't, I'm fine with whatever!" The bird-girl was rather laid-back about names, and, evidently, tree safety.

Elsewhere, a lion gijinka pulled into his parents' driveway. His jeep was absolutely covered in mud, and his clothes were splattered as well. Leo's mother, who was doing yardwork, shook her head and pointed to the hose. Leo rolled his eyes and grabbed it to start cleaning off his vehicle.

Finally, the sound of the plastic tearing filled his ears as the kitsune, Kagami, apparently, tore open the bag with her teeth. "Awesome! Thanks!" Vega said as he took the bag.

Vega noticed that she was staring at the worms and, taking into account the fact that she had never tried them, took a handful of them out and held his hand out to her. "Hey, Kaga- er, Kit-Kat. If you want some, I'm willing to give you some. There's a first time for everything, so here!... Did that make sense? I'm rollin' with it," he said with a smile that turned into a close-eyed grin. "You all can have some if you want to, I really don't mind much."

... "Did that make sense," "I'm rollin' with it..." ... Wow, I'm even second-guessing my words out loud now. Perfect. -_-"

With that, he reached into the bag with his other hand and took out a blue gummy worm, tossing it into the air and letting it land in his mouth. "Mmm~! Blue raspberry, super sour, but still super sweet! There's a whole rainbow of flavors in there, so grab one or two or whatever and try 'em if you want!" Vega said, again meticulously fixing his shades with his free hand while his wings buzzed happily behind him.

Kit-Kat curiously watched Vega toss a gummy worm into his mouth, peering into the bag that was once again held out with an almost curious expression on her face. "Are you sure it's alright if we take some? I mean, they are yours..." Even as she said this, though, the kitsune girl poked her tongue out of her mouth and carefully reached into the bag to pull out an orange and yellow worm with a couple fingers, examining its appearance and texture. "Hm... It looks pretty good..." She brought the candy to her mouth and placed it on top of her tongue, letting the opposite end of the worm dangle loosely in front of her face. As the taste hit her taste buds, Kit's eye's closed and she hummed once again, louder this time, a wide smile quickly forming. "Hm~... It tastes super good, too!" Popping an emerald green eye open, she looked at Vega and the bag, hand still in her back pocket inbetween a couple of her tails. "Thanks for sharin'!"

Jay smiled and popped a sunflower seed in her mouth, spitting the shell onto the sidewalk. Some people found this disgusting, buy Jay's argument was always that she would rather not carry a bag of spit-covered seed shells in her pocket all day. The teen shrugged as a bobcat gijinka shot her a look of disapproval.

"Alright, no problem! You can have more if ya want. Heck, all of you can take some, though I see Jay might be covered as far as snacks go."

Vega shrugged, his wings buzzing as he adjusted his shades - and then getting much louder as he accidentally knocked his shades off of his face. He was too focused on Kit-Kat's enjoyment of the gummy worms to realize that he had done it initially, but once he knew, his mind - and wings - went into freak-out mode.

WHY WERE YOU JUST- ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! WHERE'D THEY GO?! WHAT REASON DID YOU HAVE TO BE IGNORANT?!

Almost dropping his gummy worms, he quickly snatched his shades from the ground, brushed off anything that was on them, and put them back on. In an attempt to play it cool, he acted like it wasn't a big deal, leaning back a bit and holding the gummy worms out to everyone like he planned on doing. However, his frantically buzzing wings had other plans, continuing their frenzied noisemaking.

That's one mental facepalm right there... ... ... ... You idiot.

Phoebe hovered over to Jay with a grin. "You like sunflower seeds? Those things are so tasty!" She said happily, her wings buzzing as she floated above the ground. "Could I have some?" Phoebe asked, stretching out a hand quickly.

Jay beamed. "Sure thing!" she said, giving Phoebe a handful of the seeds. The blue jay gijinka thought about her dad's auto repair shop and wondered if he needed help. Being a week before the Festival of Two Hearts, there was already a steady amount of tourism. This meant more cars, which meant more cars having issues, which meant more business for her father. Jay helped out in the shop sometimes, which was why she almost always had some kind of oil or grease smeared on her. As if on cue, her cell phone rang, or more accurately, played an upbeat tune. Jay pulled it out of her back pocket. "It's my dad," she told the others, not knowing nor caring if it was relevant to them. "Yello!"
"Hey, Jay," her dad greeted his daughter. His voice wasn't high or low, somewhere in between, and had a friendly tone about it. He was only slightly less chipper than Jay. "Mind helping me out this afternoon?"
"Yeah, I'll be there!" Jay replied.
"Okie dokie!" Her father said, than hung up. Jay did the same, shoving her phone back into her pocket.
"Sounds like I'm gonna be spending the afternoon at the shop," she told the group.

... ... I don't think anybody noticed, play it off.

Vega wiped his brow and sighed quietly to himself, relieved that nobody seemed to have done anything about his mini freak-out. After giving Jay an affirmative thumbs-up to show that he was listening and popping an orange and yellow gummy worm into his mouth, followed by another blue one, he leaned back a bit and took in his current surroundings. The morning was beautiful, the river sounded nice, even from this distance, he was at the park with a couple of other people... the day couldn't get any better for him!

... Or could it?

"Hmm... ... Do any of you want to do anything? Like, play a game, talk about stuff, I dunno. Y'all seem cool enough, I'd like to get to know y- I just said y'all. My goodness, I just used y'all casually in a sentence," Vega said, his wings buzzing in annoyance a bit at his use of what he considered an overused term. He moved to facepalm, but didn't actually connect considering he was fine with not being in pain, and he didn't want his shades to fall again.

Phoebe smiled at Jay, giving a thumbs-up. "Well, you seem cool. Hope to see you around!" She said, beaming. As Vega spoke, she turned to him, her feet dangling, as always, just a few inches above the ground. The hummingbird gjinka giggled as Vega berated himself for using the term "y'all." "Some games sound fun right now. When do they not?" Phoebe said with a grin.

Kit-Kat seemed to have dozed off for a moment, having been staring into the grass in front of her for a fairly long period of time. Vega's voice broke her out of her trance, although she had not heard what he said. "Would a wha-" The fire kitsune stopped herself as Phoebe replied to whatever Vega had said, and she quickly perked up and grinned widely at what was brought up. "A game, eh? I'm up for a game! Just... Just dunno what kind. What do you guys have in mind?" Kit looked from the hummingbird gijinka to the dragonfly and back again, only to stop looking around once she spotted the bag of gummy worms.

As good as they were, she didn't want to ask for more and keep Vega away from them, so she simply stared for a moment before blinking her eyes shut tight, popping them open, and quickly looking around once again. "I like Foursquare," she said stupidly and out of the blue, grinning lightly. "We could do that, maybe."

Asheibwandered through the park, all by his lonesome , as usual, but he didn't care. The Gijinka blissfully wandered by a group of people talking about games,he didn't want to drop in uninvited, but he did like games. He kept walking to his merriment and started whistle a cheerful tune. "What a beautiful day," the gijinka thought aloud.

Axel walked cheerfully down a pathway in the park. Axel smiled. The weather was nice and the birds were singing. It was still a bit too quiet for the cheetah gijinka's taste so he started to sing quietly to himself.
"Well, since my baby left me, I found a new place to dwell
Down at the end of Lonely Street at Heartbreak Hotel.
Well I get so lonely, baby, I get so lonely, I get so lonely I could die
Always though it's crowded, you still can find some room
Those broken-hearted lovers cry away there in their gloom
I get so lonely baby, I get so lonely, I get so lonely I could die."

By the end of sixth line he started to hear what sounded like a possible conversation, though for the moment the voices were faint. The sounds seemed to come from somewhere ahead. He closed his eyes and pulled down his cheetah ears, thoughtful for a moment. A smile appeared on his face. Axel's eyes opened and his ears went up at the same time. He started to pick up the pace, the sound of the voices getting closer.

Jay gave a thumbs up. "I'm in!" she said with her general enthusiasm. Her dad didn't need her at the shop until later, so she could play a game or two until she had to go. "Foursquare sounds good, but a game of tag wouldn't be too bad either!"