• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Trophy Garden

Am I missing something about how the Trophy Garden in Diamond/Pearl works? Mr Backlot says there are Porygon in his garden, but I can't seem to actually meet any.

You also have to catch the pokemon the same day. If he says there are Porygon in the Garden you have to comb around, because it will be replaced by a different pokemon the next day.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
On my game, if the guy has said that the pokemon is in the garden, say Eevee, it stays in the garden. Even when I go back the next day and get told another pokemon is there, I can still catch Eevee. They just appear very rarely. The same happens for all the garden pokemon.

Hope that doesn't make my game weird...

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I used to speak to him every day. But now all the pokemon are in the garden, so I don't speak to him at all anymore. I just went on to check that I wasn't mistaken... I've seen a Porygon and an Eevee so far...

Fluffy, you are probably just plain unlucky. I always see the pokemon Mr. Backlot says, even if I have to stay a while to see them.

SilverMagpie:I have no clue about your issue. Sorry.

Oh, that is supposed to happen. It has on both my Japanese and American versions, everytime I look hard enough. Quite simply, I believe it is a "second chance" thing, allowing you to catch a Pokemon you missed the day before, but at a much lower encounter rate. And yeah, they have low encounter rates to begin with. Also, both the new Pokemon for the day and the previous day's Pokemon will appear (and again, the previous day Pokemon being rarer). Really, all it takes is time and patience, and you will find the Pokemon Mr. Backlot had his butler put in his garden.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Lol, I'm glad my game isn't messed up. I must admit I worried a little that it was defective or something. I must just be quite lucky when it comes to seeing the rare garden pokemon. I wish I was that lucky in the great marsh... or with the swarms. Swarms are evil