• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Trainer J's Sprite Place

Hello and welcome to my sprite thread.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[move]Pursuing personal interests! Temporarily CLOSED[/move]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The List- One request at any given time please!~
1. :-X
2. :-X
3. :-X

I just started spriting awhile ago, so feel free to critique my work. Go ahead and give me your opinion about what should be changed or what just doesn’t look right. It’s always nice to receive input from other people.

…Or you could request something too! Use the forms and provide all essential information. If you leave something blank I’ll do the honors of choosing it for you.

On the other hand, please be careful not to break any rules. I will either deny your request or flat out ignore you. However, since you read up to here already, this should not be a problem ::)

[glow=red,2,300]~Cosplays~[/glow]
People dressed as Pokemon.
UmbreonCosplay-1.gif
GalladeCosplay-1.gif
FlygonCosplay.gif
ElectivireCosplay-1.gif

From left to right: Umbreon, Gallade, Flygon, and Electivire!
Pokemon:
Base:

[glow=blue,2,300]~Trainer Sprites~[/glow]
Want your own trainer sprite with a nifty custom pose? You got it. Just be ludicrously descriptive. I can also make sprites based off pictures. Remember, you can’t tell me too much.
TrainerJ-1.gif
BWHero-2.gif
BWHeroine.gif

The real Trainer J, along with the BW characters, has made an appearance!
Name:
Outfit:
Pose:
Facial expression:
Hair:
Other details:

[glow=yellow,2,300]~Fusions~[/glow]
What could be better than having all of your favorite sprites put together? The world will never know…
Porygon-ZFusion-1.gif
KoromoriFusion-1.gif
Voltorb-Magnemite-2.gif
Raichu-Azumarill-1.gif

Here we have Nightmare Porygon-Z, the Flying Fuzzball Monster, Magtorb, and Fat-win Raichu
List of Pokemon:
Necessary parts/colors:

[glow=gold,2,300]~Lineless~[/glow]
I really like the effect these things give, they seem so… smooth. If you want a sprite from a certain game or the 2nd frame of its animation, just ask.
LinelessGarchomp-1.gif
LinelessAbsol-1.gif
LinelessEmpoleon-1.gif

Garchomp, Absol, and Empoleon made a seemless entrance.

[glow=silver,2,300]~Mugshots~[/glow]
VS. [Your name here]
TrainerJMugshot-2.gif

Trainer J has challenged you to a battle!

Provide a trainer sprite and I’ll do the rest. I can do it without a sprite too, but this becomes significantly harder.

[glow=black,2,300]~Team Shots~[/glow]
What kind of Pokemon Trainer doesn’t have Pokemon? Show off your team’s pride with one of these.
BWHeroineTeamShot-2.gif
BWHeroTeamShot-1.gif

Celebrating the furture release of Gen V!
Trainer sprite:
Team:

You can request any of the above. Expect it to take some time after you request. But please leave something constructive beforehand so I can improve. Otherwise, enjoy :p
[glow=white,2,300]~Request/Submission Showcase~[/glow]
LinelessBuizel-1.gif
LinelessLucario-1.gif
Psy-TeenAvatar-2.gif
The-Super-Shiny-Unresistable-Red-Button-of-Doom.gif
ContestDress.gif
ContestDress2.gif
Roxanne-3.gif
Brawly.gif
Blue.gif
Morgan-1.gif
FRLGHeroine-1.gif
OliverKeely-1.gif
Kendle.gif
Autumn.gif
Libee.gif
Max.gif
MaxwithBag-2.gif
Antisocial.gif
Trevor.gif
Nerina.gif
Roy.gif
Zach.gif
Osiris.gif
Hailey-1.gif
HaileywithScarf-1.gif
Lycaeus.gif
Conner.gif
AntisocialSprite.gif
Nora.gif
Halloween.gif
Jasper.gif
AngelArosea.gif
LouieForest.gif
AnnabethArosea.gif
LinelessGengar.gif
Calvin.gif
Omii.gif
DoreidaCosplay.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Pffft.
It doesn't look like you just started. You're really, really, really good. : D
Anyway, C&C timee~!

That Umbreon cosplay is pretty awesome. I see nothing wrong with it, except that back leg. It's all tiny and stuff. D: But that Gallade cosplay looks a little..uhm. Off, I guess you could say? The head (hat?) seems squished, with really dark and thick outlines. His left arm seems a little lumpy, too.

Overall, the fusions are pretty nice. For the most part, they're put together well. But the lines on the second one's body are really, really dark and thick.

The lineless sprites are nice. The Absol's chest seems a little weird, though.

Your trainers put mine to shame. Seriously. ;-; Butbut, the hat on the Gen V. hero (that's who he is right?) is missing an outline on the right side. The left shoe is missing a pixel, too.

The mugshot is cool, but that hair is bothering me. It seems more of a helmet. The cape is missing a little of outlining, too.

But yeah. In all, your sprites are made of awesome. <33

I like Your Sprites Expescially the Shuppet+Giratina+Crobat+Gen V Pokemon whose name I dont Remember.

Also About the Gen V Hero His Face is a little Pale He looks kinda sick. Cause look at some other sprites of trainers then
Look at that one and I saw it Immediatlly Other than that good Well since Gen V hero was good Maybe you should Crack
The Gen V Heroine?

A

Anonymous

wow your good lineless lucario and buizel if you dont mind

@Quashie I finished touching up the originals, I did what you suggested and they look way better.

@BlackAmber Yeah, about the pale skin... I took the colors straight from the official image. I thought it would have looked normal, but I guess not. You completely read my mind abut the BW heroine. I was considering that myself.

@lucarioprincess I like your enthusiasm, but at the time you posted your request I said specifically I was not taking requests. Since you asked, I'll start taking requests from now on. I'll do both Lucario and Buizel for now, just read the first post next time.

And with that said:
LinelessBuizel-1.gif

Code:
[img]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/johnxlor1/LinelessBuizel-1.gif[/img]
LinelessLucario-1.gif

Code:
[img]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/johnxlor1/LinelessLucario-1.gif[/img]

Wow...

These are... Really cool! Tiem to get my critic on....

Let's see, your cosplayers: Nice. very, very nice. Especially Gallade. I like how you put little shoes on it. Umbreon is.... cute. I like it. But that leg.. is really small.

Splices: FAT RAICHU IS WIN FOREVER. I love it forever.

Lineless: I liek them, especially Absol. It looks very neat, and I like Absols.

Trainers are nice. Quite. I like the B/W guy; Looks very natural.

Mugshot: Very cool. What base did you use?

I like your sprites. You're good. Keep spriting~

Why thank you! I feel like I'm getting better already. The mugshot base is actually that of your Rival's. I don't know what's up with Umbreon, I could have sworn I just recolored the Pokekid, must've erased something by accident.

I've been pretty busy lately, but I finally found time to sprite! While I was at it, I took the time to make the first post more request friendly and remove the white backrounds. Finally, the BW hero has his counterpart.

BWHeroine.gif
FlygonCosplay.gif

I also tried something generic I've seen in many other places:
BWHeroineTeamShot-1.gif
BWHeroTeamShot.gif

Tell me what you think!

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
hi I really like your sprites, can you make the trainer in my avatar into a custom trainer sprite, i don't mind the pose. and shes wearing black boots at the bottom of those trousers :)

Stop being so amazing. D:
Kidding, of course~

Butbut seriously. The other sprites I was critiquing you on look a ton better. && Those new trainer sprites are just wow. I don't see anything wrong with them at all. I really like those group thingies, too~!

A request and a compliment... Yay!

@Psy-teen I hope you like it!
Psy-TeenAvatar-2.gif

Code:
[img]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/johnxlor1/Psy-TeenAvatar-2.gif[/img]

I tried to make her look as close to your avatar as possible. But I don't think I can come close to the TWEWY style you used. That game is awesome :)

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
oh my god she is [glow=red,2,300]FANTASTIC![/glow] i love her thank you so much! can you post the code so I can put her in my sig?

thanks again!!!

~Psy~

You're very welcome. I haven't put anything in my sig yet, so I'm not entirely sure how. But if it's the same as posting an image I think you're supposed to take the link directly below the picture and surround it by image brackets.

But from your sig I can tell that you've figured it out (I'm still not sure which code was right).

EDIT: I've confused the coding tag with the with the quote tag. I fixed it, sorry for the confusion.

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
thanks for that. :) I have another request for you can you make another custom sprite of my character in her contest contume.

A black dress with a slit down the left side from mid thigh, shoulder-less but it has black thin straps. the dress its self goes to her knee.
She has black high heels in this outfit. and her hair is in a bun but has a few strands running down.

thanks in advance.

~Psy~

I'm done! I made both because I couldn't decide which type of dress looked better. I don't usually make things from imagination, so if something's off, I'll fix it.
ContestDress.gif

Code:
[img]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/johnxlor1/ContestDress.gif[/img]
ContestDress2.gif

Code:
[img]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/johnxlor1/ContestDress2.gif[/img]

Take your pick!

Wow So far your Requests are Looking Great. Nice Job on Psyteens Avatar
Trainer and Contest Version. I would Love to Request If I knew What to Request.
How About. A sprite of Roxanne and Brawly if u have time.

Oooh, sounds like a challenge! I'm assuming you want newer versions (since they already have RSE sprites). I'll have them done by Monday, hopefully.

@Psy-teen I'm glad you like it!

@BlackAmber Making a trainer sprite base off, well... a trainer sprite is kind on odd. They end up looking almost the same.
Roxanne-3.gif

Code:
[img]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/johnxlor1/Roxanne-3.gif[/img]

Beleive it or not, the majority of her body came from other sprites aside from herself.

Brawly.gif

Code:
[img]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/johnxlor1/Brawly.gif[/img]

I got bored of using the same pose, so I tried this. But when I scratched Brawly's head I realized that it look just like the original (no surpirse here), so I ended up using it. Not many people dress like him either. Next time I make Trainers that appear in-game I'm using a picture from the anime xD

Well they are Interesting to similar to the Older sprites in my opinion its okay tho I move past that to a newer challenge
It might not be hard for you. The Last Pose of Blue the Gym leader in HG/SS Could u change his outfit to match his FR/LG Sprite
Thanks. :D

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
Hey TJ (hope I can call you that) can you make me a custom sprite,

Name: Morgan
Outfit: A black hoodie that's big on her so its long in the arm, Grey Jeans and Black Boots.
Facial expression:Distant with a faint smile
Hair:mostly hidden in her hoodie but there's a few strands down the middle
Other details: she has violet eyes.

thanks in advance TJ,

~Psy~

Awesome, I have two regulars now! School starts tomorrow for me, as such requests may take an extra day or two :'(. But don't worry, that doesn't mean I'll forget about them.

And yes, you can call me TJ (I like having a nickname :D).

Oh no! I'm about to run out of electricity! I have an idea. Go, Electivire! Use Shockwave!
ElectivireCosplay-1.gif

Wait... what? Who are you and what have you done to my ZAPPY!? ... Nobody heard that =3

Name: Oliver Keely
Outfit: A brown and gold horizontally striped t-shirt, black skinny jeans, tan moccasins
Facial expression: A smirk (kind of a half smile)
Hair: Use this as a hair style. Shorter up front and longer in back with a little bit of spike-ness to it. Dark Brown.
Other details: Have his right arm on his hip and his left arm in a upward V holding a Premier Ball.

Thanks in advance!(:

@BlackAmber It wasn't hard at all!
Blue.gif

Code:
[img]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/johnxlor1/Blue.gif[/img]

@Psy-teen A third trainer for your collecton! She is quite different from the others. Also, I just noticed the sprite for your original avatar has a random white pixel on her right hip. If you go where you first found her, there should be a new code.
Morgan-1.gif

Code:
[img]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/johnxlor1/Morgan-1.gif[/img]

You may want me to spruce up her outfit a bit. If that's the case, leave me the details and I'll take care of it right away!

@Lycaeus I just received your request today, I'll get working on it.

Thank u and Its Nice to know it wasn't hard I wouldn't know I cant Sprite. :D
I have a request only if u have spare time its the Heroine of FR/LG Versions.

As Always good Work and Luck

Ahohohoho oh look, Tangrow's actually offering an opinion ♥ I don't request though, sorry if you're the type who's into having tons of requests~ Cause I'd rather give each thing I request lotsa time to showcase itself rather than run around request shopping and never using any of them :'D Anywho~

Your latest two sprites look rather lovely, dear! Gary in particular looks very well done. I'm surprised you managed to make it look completely different from the base! Well, minus the pose, but that's quite a different matter. The only thing I'd say about it is that the outlining or whatever those black bits around the pants were called, look a bit segmented and silly. It could just be me being all bluh bluh and stuff, but I dunno. And then the only other thing I'd also say is that, upon looking again, the hand holding the Pokeball looks rather much too much outlined. It's like, throwing off your general scheme of things. I could be off again, but you know, it does look heavily outlined. You should also forgive me if I am totally using outlined as the wrong word. ♥

Sweater hoodie girl does look very lovely at the time I write this, but I tend to scroll down multiple times and add more to it. The hoodie is shaded in a very nice manner! It doesn't look so black that it seems to be one color, allowing it to stand out, although I do think the lower torso may be lacking in a bit of shading in that manner. Other than this, I'd say your pants lack any definitive super-duper shading on them, except for those two bits which look a bit...odd, is the word? Yeah, odd, compared to the monotone color of them. Pants are apparently pretty hard to manage though, but an example of lovely pant shading could be seen in Yoshi's (carcinoGenecist, whatever) avatar.

All in all, you have quite the lovely showcase here, and I do hope you do very super duper lovingly nice in the future, kayo~? Have a lovely (bluhbluh insert time here)!

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
Thank you TJ she's great you got her dead on! :) I would like to ask can you sprite another of my gym leaders (Morgan is an E4) Can you do my first and second gym leader,

Name: Libee
Outfit: A beige dress with a green sash round her waist and a bow in the back, and ash soil coloured heel boots.
Facial expression:loving smile and focused (green eyes)
Hair: long dusty blonde hair, a dark green bow in her hair,that runs down hair back to her waist.
Other details: fair skin.

Name: Kendle
Outfit: Red tank top with a collar and red stripes down the edges, White jazz trousers with a thick red stripe round the bottom then gradually going from that red to orange and then yellow
Facial expression: Confident look.
Hair: short blonde spikes with red tips
Other details: she has orangey-yellow eyes and tan skin.

thanks in advance TJ,

~Psy~

A

Anonymous

Name: Autumn
Outfit: Pink Dress With blue swirly loopy (Arrg I forget) at the bottom of the dress
Pose: Like Misty from Pokemon HG and SS
Facial expression:..Happy?
Hair: Long Red hair
Other details: Nope
Thanks ;D ;D ;D P.S the request is for my side account which you know I will not say after a bad experince at Quashies sprite shop and lots of PMs

Sorry I dissappeared for so long! I wasn't home at all over the weekend.

@BlackAmber
FRLGHeroine-1.gif

Code:
[img]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/johnxlor1/FRLGHeroine-1.gif[/img]

@Lycaeus
OliverKeely-1.gif

Code:
[img]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/johnxlor1/OliverKeely-1.gif[/img]

I understand that his hair isn't exactly as you described it. I tried mimicing the picture but it ended up looking like a checkerboard. Instead, I focused on choosing a hairdo that matched your trainer's style. If you have any ideas or want to find some else to edit it, you have my permission.

@Pokekid Just in case you didn't notice, I already have a sprite that looks just like your current avatar in the first post. If you would like to borrow it instead of having me make the same guy in a different pose, I can loan it to you and add the Pichu brothers. Otherwise, I'll just go through with your request.

Anyone else who made a request, I promise they're on their way!

hi, thanks again Tj for working on my sprite, cant wait to see what it looks like

and it is the same PokeKid, something happed to my porfile
so yhea thanks again and i love your mug shots

@Psy-teen
Kendle.gif

Code:
[img]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/johnxlor1/Kendle.gif[/img]

Is she by any chance a trainer of fire types?

Requet list:
1. ElectricGymLeaderAutumn's side account
2. Psy-teen's second request
3. PokeKid
4. Antisocial

@NOT ElectricGymLeaderAutumn :p
Autumn.gif

Code:
[img]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/johnxlor1/Autumn.gif[/img]

I added a few details that you didn't request for authenticity and the fact that she seemed a bit incomplete without them. And since I don't know what a blue swirly loopy is, I just left it out. If you by any chance remember, I'll add whatever it is very soon. Hope she came out alright.

Managed to finish more requests! But where is everybody o.o

@Psy-teen
Libee.gif

Code:
[img]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/johnxlor1/Libee.gif[/img]

The bow in the hair was fun to make. Making it a straight line would've been boring.

@PokeKid
Max.gif

Code:
[img]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/johnxlor1/Max.gif[/img]

MaxwithBag-2.gif

Code:
[img]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/johnxlor1/MaxwithBag-2.gif[/img]

I couldn't decide whether or not to use the bag so I included both.

Just one more request to go!