1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DPPt/HGSS Trade with the Creators of Pokemon!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trades and Battles' started by Red Silvers, Aug 21, 2007.

1. http://www.pokemon-games.com/portal/gamenews_detail6.jsp

You can trade your English Ponyta for a Japanese Psyduck caught by Junichi Masuda, Ken Sugimori, or Shigeki Morimoto on the GTS.

Its the first Wifi event Nintendo has held.

2. Hmm... Why do I have the sudden urge to grab a bunch of Psyducks, give them lame moves and offensive names, and go searching for Pontya?

3. I know, I know. I'm just kidding.

Anyway, I just got a Japanese Psyduck! ^_^ Originally belonging to some kid named Kaito. v_v And the
    previous owner wasn't from Japan. -_-; I know this because I've yet to get a Japanese Pokemon direct from Japan. Who trades a traded Pokemon?

4. Actually, I've seen Pokemon I traded on the GTS being traded AGAIN on the GTS...

EDIT: Oddly, I keep getting Japanese Psyduck, just not the ones I'm looking for.

5. Same here.

Edit: My experiments suggest that no method of naming will keep a Pokemon from being snatched up on the GTS. Even offensive names.

6. Yep. Couldn't find the right Psyduck. Closest I found was Japanese but not the creator. Odd enough though, the person i kept founding while I was searching for the Psyduck was the guy that accepted my trade. Really Odd.

7. Are they putting up Psyducks? I thought they were just looking for Ponytas.

8. They're doing both. They're giving you Psyducks in exchange for our Ponytas.

9. Yes! My last Ponyta got a Psyduck from Japan!

... But it's not from GameFreak... :'(