• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Everyone, I have given your characters information on what they have known before the incident. Most of these incidents take place 6 months before this RP, but they may be earlier depending on situations (like Koa, who likely hasn't heard of a specific thing in Kanto or Johto about all this and his incident is more recent due to basically living in the Vast Poni Canyon).

BurbleBurble and ThePlayfulFox, once you guys make your character sheets, I'll see if there is a way for them to get some kind of information about the evil team.

Well, he doesn't have a stylus, but he does have a lot of emotional baggage! That's gotta count for something, right?

Name: Daryl Angelo
Hometown: Icirrus City, Unova
Trainer Class/Occupation: Ranger
Appearance: Daryl is quite tall, standing at a whopping 6'8"- And not really lanky either. He's jacked. He's got long black hair, usually tied off in a ponytail, and styled over one of his eyes. This covers his eyepatch and scars beneath it (Don't prod about that- He doesn't like talking in the first place, and especially not that).

His clothes are dark greens in tone, wearing a vest and cargo pants. With work boots. On his belt are his five Pokéballs, two standard, one Ultra, one Great, and one Dusk. I am terrible with descriptions lol
Personality: Aloof and cold, Daryl dislikes small talk and seemingly people in general. But he clearly cares about Pokémon- Willing to throw himself in harms way for their sake. Truthfully, he's just awkward and feels alienated by his fellow humans, and he definitely can come around to people. But he really struggles 'sticking the landing' in the first place, so it's usually up to his actions to make his character more clear.
Why are they in Vast Poni Canyon?: As a ranger, the story is that he heard reports of aggressive Pokémon sighted within the canyon. He's seeing whether or not the area should be blocked off for the foreseeable future, and to see the reason why they are being aggressive. Maybe there's an invasive species, poachers, or something.
Backstory: "Huh? Why are you asking about that? Back off. I mean it." He doesn't like talking about it. To give some basic background though, he's been a ranger for at least twenty years by now. He's got a reputation for being the go-to guy for "dangerous" situations, and tends to drift from region to region to solve such problems.

Nickname: Doris
Species: Arcanine
Defining Features: She has a blue bandana around her neck.
Personality: A fiercely loyal companion, Doris would go great lengths to protect her trainer. Stern and steely as he is, Doris is almost a perfect match for him. He'd die for her, she'd die for him.
Brief History: Daryl's closest and longtime friend. He hardly remembers a time where she wasn't by his side. Through thick and thin, Doris has been and always will be his partner. Someone he can fall back on when no one else in the world is there to catch him.
Held Item: N/A
Ability: Flash Fire
Moves: Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Extremespeed, Iron Head, Flamethrower, Roar, Protect

Nickname: Vaus
Species: Archeops
Defining Features: Has a red scarf tied around his neck.
Personality: Vaus is very much a wild thing, reeled in only by Daryl and Doris's best efforts. Unwilling to listen in most casual settings, Vaus however does know to listen to Daryl's commands in dangerous situations.
Brief History: Not originally Daryl's Pokémon- And definitely didn't like Daryl for a long time. However, while neither Daryl nor Vaus seem to particularly enjoy one another's company, there's a mutual understanding between the two, that they shared a love for a person. Vaus doesn't like Daryl, but at the least, he can respect him- That's all he would want by this point.
Ability: Defeatist
Moves: Crunch, Dragon Claw, Rock Slide, Agility, Stealth Rock

Nickname: Gatrie
Species: Feraligatr
Defining Features: Gatrie has a number of scars, befitting his previous nature as a great hunter. He is also slightly larger than most Feraligatr, at 7'10". Also has a yellow band on his arm.
Personality: Alike Vaus, Gatrie is quite wild- Though there's something about him. He's prideful, clearly believing himself superior to a majority of Pokémon. And unlike Vaus, he doesn't know when to listen. Daryl's commands are more like suggestions when it comes to Gatrie.
Brief History: Gatrie was once a prized pet Pokémon. Totodiles are quite cute, after all, but there's an issue that arises with this. What happens when they evolve? While there are solutions to that problem, not many people are super aware of that. And when your cute Totodile becomes a big Croconaw, there's where problems arise. Likely dumped as a Croconaw, it was then Gatrie overcame his pet status and quickly excelled as a hunter. Evolution was inevitable, becoming a great menace to the area he hunted. That's where Daryl comes in- Tasked with capturing the wild Feraligatr, an invader in the ecosystem he was dropped in. Rather than handing over Gatrie to be relocated, he held onto the water type, perhaps feeling that there was no way for him to ever be at peace in the wild.
Held Item: Shell Bell, tied around his neck. Daryl claims its to help keep track of him.
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Hydro Pump, Ice Fang, Crunch, Superpower, Slash, Waterfall

Nickname: Holly
Species: Hattrem
Defining Features: She has a small green band tied around the brim of her "hat".
Personality: Particularly reserved and quiet, even by Hattrem standards. Not exactly the nicest, but definitely still has a heart. In many ways, she is just like Daryl- Maybe that's why they seem to have been stuck together.
Brief History: Daryl's muted and cold exterior does not fool Holly- Even as a young Hattenna, hardly able to fend for herself, she could feel his intense emotion. That being said, Daryl's also quiet and caring. His dull interactions with people are made up for with his genuine care for his Pokémon, Holly being no exception. Originally being kept only until she recovered from an attack, she found herself attached to Daryl. Besides being resigned at this point at taking in Pokémon who had nowhere else to go, he's happy to have a decent support for the rest of his Pokémon. No telling what could happen out there.
Ability: Healer
Moves: Psybeam, Magical Leaf, Light Screen, Heal Pulse, Charm

Nickname: Chipper
Species: Dusclops
Defining Features: He has a sticker on his back..."If lost, return to Jackson Blunth". Regardless of the fact that Daryl is clearly not Jackson Blunth.
Personality: To make things simple- Chipper is as sharp as a dull razor and clever as a sack of bricks. He'd fall down a set of stairs because he's a klutz who can't pay attention. Chipper is off in his own private world and we're all just allowed to be around him while that happens. Sometimes he has a moment of brilliance, and he is a good listener, just...No agency for himself.
Brief History: A Pokémon 'loaned' to Daryl as a show of good will from a 'friend'. "Dangerous world out there, you want this guy to keep you safe!" He's unconvinced that the kid wasn't just trying to hand him over a hassle of a Pokémon, or maybe it was some poor attempt at flirting, though Chipper is...Not the worst in any case. But he is a weird standout among Daryl's current Pokémon. The one that doesn't belong.
Held Item: He has a Spell Tag taped to him next to his sticker...
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Shadow Punch, Ice Punch, Protect, Will-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray

Well, he doesn't have a stylus, but he does have a lot of emotional baggage! That's gotta count for something, right?

Name: Daryl Angelo
Hometown: Icirrus City, Unova
Trainer Class/Occupation: Ranger
Appearance: Daryl is quite tall, standing at a whopping 6'8"- And not really lanky either. He's jacked. He's got long black hair, usually tied off in a ponytail, and styled over one of his eyes. This covers his eyepatch and scars beneath it (Don't prod about that- He doesn't like talking in the first place, and especially not that).

His clothes are dark greens in tone, wearing a vest and cargo pants. With work boots. On his belt are his five Pokéballs, two standard, one Ultra, one Great, and one Dusk. I am terrible with descriptions lol
Personality: Aloof and cold, Daryl dislikes small talk and seemingly people in general. But he clearly cares about Pokémon- Willing to throw himself in harms way for their sake. Truthfully, he's just awkward and feels alienated by his fellow humans, and he definitely can come around to people. But he really struggles 'sticking the landing' in the first place, so it's usually up to his actions to make his character more clear.
Why are they in Vast Poni Canyon?: As a ranger, the story is that he heard reports of aggressive Pokémon sighted within the canyon. He's seeing whether or not the area should be blocked off for the foreseeable future, and to see the reason why they are being aggressive. Maybe there's an invasive species, poachers, or something.
Backstory: "Huh? Why are you asking about that? Back off. I mean it." He doesn't like talking about it. To give some basic background though, he's been a ranger for at least twenty years by now. He's got a reputation for being the go-to guy for "dangerous" situations, and tends to drift from region to region to solve such problems.

Nickname: Doris
Species: Arcanine
Defining Features: She has a blue bandana around her neck.
Personality: A fiercely loyal companion, Doris would go great lengths to protect her trainer. Stern and steely as he is, Doris is almost a perfect match for him. He'd die for her, she'd die for him.
Brief History: Daryl's closest and longtime friend. He hardly remembers a time where she wasn't by his side. Through thick and thin, Doris has been and always will be his partner. Someone he can fall back on when no one else in the world is there to catch him.
Ability: Flash Fire
Moves: Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Extremespeed, Iron Head, Flamethrower, Roar, Protect

Nickname: Vaus
Species: Archeops
Defining Features: Has a red scarf tied around his neck.
Personality: Vaus is very much a wild thing, reeled in only by Daryl and Doris's best efforts. Unwilling to listen in most casual settings, Vaus however does know to listen to Daryl's commands in dangerous situations.
Brief History: Not originally Daryl's Pokémon- And definitely didn't like Daryl for a long time. However, while neither Daryl nor Vaus seem to particularly enjoy one another's company, there's a mutual understanding between the two, that they shared a love for a person. Vaus doesn't like Daryl, but at the least, he can respect him- That's all he would want by this point.
Ability: Defeatist
Moves: Crunch, Dragon Claw, Rock Slide, Agility, Stealth Rock

Nickname: Gatrie
Species: Feraligatr
Defining Features: Gatrie has a number of scars, befitting his previous nature as a great hunter. He is also slightly larger than most Feraligatr, at 7'10". Also has a yellow band on his arm.
Personality: Alike Vaus, Gatrie is quite wild- Though there's something about him. He's prideful, clearly believing himself superior to a majority of Pokémon. And unlike Vaus, he doesn't know when to listen. Daryl's commands are more like suggestions when it comes to Gatrie.
Brief History: Gatrie was once a prized pet Pokémon. Totodiles are quite cute, after all, but there's an issue that arises with this. What happens when they evolve? While there are solutions to that problem, not many people are super aware of that. And when your cute Totodile becomes a big Croconaw, there's where problems arise. Likely dumped as a Croconaw, it was then Gatrie overcame his pet status and quickly excelled as a hunter. Evolution was inevitable, becoming a great menace to the area he hunted. That's where Daryl comes in- Tasked with capturing the wild Feraligatr, an invader in the ecosystem he was dropped in. Rather than handing over Gatrie to be relocated, he held onto the water type, perhaps feeling that there was no way for him to ever be at peace in the wild.
Held Item: Shell Bell, tied around his neck. Daryl claims its to help keep track of him.
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Hydro Pump, Ice Fang, Crunch, Superpower, Slash, Waterfall

Nickname: Holly
Species: Hattrem
Defining Features: She has a small green band tied around the brim of her "hat".
Personality: Particularly reserved and quiet, even by Hattrem standards. Not exactly the nicest, but definitely still has a heart. In many ways, she is just like Daryl- Maybe that's why they seem to have been stuck together.
Brief History: Daryl's muted and cold exterior does not fool Holly- Even as a young Hattenna, hardly able to fend for herself, she could feel his intense emotion. That being said, Daryl's also quiet and caring. His dull interactions with people are made up for with his genuine care for his Pokémon, Holly being no exception. Originally being kept only until she recovered from an attack, she found herself attached to Daryl. Besides being resigned at this point at taking in Pokémon who had nowhere else to go, he's happy to have a decent support for the rest of his Pokémon. No telling what could happen out there.
Ability: Healer
Moves: Psybeam, Magical Leaf, Light Screen, Heal Pulse, Charm

Nickname: Chipper
Species: Dusclops
Defining Features: He has a sticker on his back..."If lost, return to Jackson Blunth". Regardless of the fact that Daryl is clearly not Jackson Blunth.
Personality: To make things simple- Chipper is as sharp as a dull razor and clever as a sack of bricks. He'd fall down a set of stairs because he's a klutz who can't pay attention. Chipper is off in his own private world and we're all just allowed to be around him while that happens. Sometimes he has a moment of brilliance, and he is a good listener, just...No agency for himself.
Brief History: A Pokémon 'loaned' to Daryl as a show of good will from a 'friend'. "Dangerous world out there, you want this guy to keep you safe!" He's unconvinced that the kid wasn't just trying to hand him over a hassle of a Pokémon, or maybe it was some poor attempt at flirting, though Chipper is...Not the worst in any case. But he is a weird standout among Daryl's current Pokémon. The one that doesn't belong.
Held Item: He has a Spell Tag taped to him next to his sticker...
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Shadow Punch, Ice Punch, Protect, Will-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray

Accepted :D Did they become a Pokemon Ranger in Unova or in the other more ranger-specific (and more ranger-popular) region?

It's been a while and I figured you all were busy (what with finals being a thing). Just wanted to reply here and tag you all to see where you are all at and if you still want to keep going or if you need help integrating your characters in. Or to simply let me know where you are at in life and if you have some kind of availability that you can make a post in that time frame (don't feel like you have to follow it though, real life comes first). :) If you don't want to stay, don't feel obligated that you have to stay. :3

@BurbleBurble @Captain Cardboard @Fenix704 @Hammsuke @ThePlayfulFox @HtaLtlStr @Crimson Sun

Probably going to leave this. I'm getting very caught up in an RP that I joined around the same time, wanting to spend more time with my family, lost my bio, and even if I didn't lose it completely, then I would be in a state where I cannot complete it. You know, comparing bios and all of that.

However, If I can get a bio done in a week (going to redo the whole character), then I'll probably join back up. IDK fully.

Probably going to leave this. I'm getting very caught up in an RP that I joined around the same time, wanting to spend more time with my family, lost my bio, and even if I didn't lose it completely, then I would be in a state where I cannot complete it. You know, comparing bios and all of that.

However, If I can get a bio done in a week (going to redo the whole character), then I'll probably join back up. IDK fully.
I will still keep the spot reserved for you, so when you do decide you want to come back, a spot will be open. :) Good luck on your endeavors. :)

Ahh gotcha. Maybe he notices the group? Not sure if Daryl would know an Interpol agent by looking at one, but considering that she's covered in scars that are technically being shown off with a tough Pokemon (albeit acting adorably) by her side might tell him she's some kind of authority? I don't know. XD I don't know how Daryl would even notice that or anything. Maybe he hears the tail end of what Natalia is saying, letting him know she's here for that reason too?

By the way, @BurbleBurble, would my character know of him by looking at him? I figured she might based on his track record and what he's used for, and maybe she heard a description of him when pouring through past files of certain things happening before she became an agent? Wanted to know if that was alright.

By the way, @BurbleBurble, would my character know of him by looking at him? I figured she might based on his track record and what he's used for, and maybe she heard a description of him when pouring through past files of certain things happening before she became an agent? Wanted to know if that was alright.
Yeah, go ahead and do that- Gives him more reason to stick around instead of diving headfirst into Poni Canyon lol.

Though I am curious- Does this follow the events of Sun and Moon or USUM? Obviously the latter is different in many key aspects (Rainbow Rocket and Lusamine not being off her rocker on Nihilego venom, most importantly). I was going to maybe implicate that if Ultra Wormholes were in some way involved, it would start falling under Aether and Interpol as opposed to the Rangers Union/Association, but I'm not sure if that's overstepping anything lol

Though I am curious- Does this follow the events of Sun and Moon or USUM? Obviously the latter is different in many key aspects (Rainbow Rocket and Lusamine not being off her rocker on Nihilego venom, most importantly). I was going to maybe implicate that if Ultra Wormholes were in some way involved, it would start falling under Aether and Interpol as opposed to the Rangers Union/Association, but I'm not sure if that's overstepping anything lol

This is after the events of Sword and Shield. You can have your character assume Ultra Wormholes are involved, but they aren't involved whatsoever in the actual plot, as then the readings would have to be coming from the sky, not within the canyon itself. Plus, the Rangers Union/Association probably had a theory about remnants of a group they dealt with in the past popping up in Kanto and then in Alola. Interpol is onto this due to a group they have been keeping an eye from Orre popping up in Kanto and Alola, as well. Aether hasn't been privy to this information yet since nothing is proven yet until their presence is seen by satellite imaging during the course of the RP if they exit the canyon and be anywhere the sky can see them.

This is after the events of Sword and Shield. You can have your character assume Ultra Wormholes are involved, but they aren't involved whatsoever in the actual plot, as then the readings would have to be coming from the sky, not within the canyon itself. Plus, the Rangers Union/Association probably had a theory about remnants of a group they dealt with in the past popping up in Kanto and then in Alola. Interpol is onto this due to a group they have been keeping an eye from Orre popping up in Kanto and Alola, as well. Aether hasn't been privy to this information yet since nothing is proven yet until their presence is seen by satellite imaging during the course of the RP if they exit the canyon and be anywhere the sky can see them.
Ah, I see, thanks for the clarification. Like the Pokemon timeline is very messed up so I'm unsure where anything is lol. Though I do think SwSh takes place post SM/USUM because of the leaked Type: Null files.

Yeah he might guess it's Ultra Wormholes to try and explain away the energy readings as something that doesn't concern him, but maybe he's just a doubter of the remnant rumors. I'm aware that it's not the wormholes tho :p

Ah, I see, thanks for the clarification. Like the Pokemon timeline is very messed up so I'm unsure where anything is lol. Though I do think SwSh takes place post SM/USUM because of the leaked Type: Null files.

Yeah he might guess it's Ultra Wormholes to try and explain away the energy readings as something that doesn't concern him, but maybe he's just a doubter of the remnant rumors. I'm aware that it's not the wormholes tho :p

I usually go by this: History of the Pokemon World

Basically:
  • Gens I (including RBY/PE), III (FRLG/RSE), and ORAS happen at the same time,
  • Then it's Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon Ranger,
  • Next it's three years over to Gens II (GSC) and IV (DPPt/HGSS/Shadows of Almia/Guardian Signs),
  • Then it's about two years into Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness,
  • And then at least three more years into Gen V (BW),
  • Two more years into B2W2 and XY,
  • Two more years into Gen VII (SM/USUM),
  • And then however many years it is to get to SwSh, which I'm assuming is within a year or two.
I'd say this is just about a year after the events of SwSh.

and gotcha :3 Welp, I'll be making a post soon once Hammsuke posts. :3 Or I'll maybe make a post if he says it's okay to.

I'm sorry for just kind of vanishing out of thin air on here. I have been quite busy with irl stuff and having a lack of creative juices. Tomorrow, I should get a post up. But don't count on it because when I promise something like that, I am more likely to break it than if I told you it's not a guarantee. XD

It's how I trick my brain to do what I want-