• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS To low? Or just right?

Hi everyone. Well I am playing Pokemon Diamond right now. I am just about to face the 6th Gym Leader. Yet for some reason, I just have this feeling that my whole team's levels are too low. I have the following team.

Staraptor:
Level 34

Golbat:
Level 31

Grotle:
Level 30

Ponyta:
Level 28

Graveler:
Level 25

Marill:
Level 25

So, that is my team. In level order from greatest to least. I just don't know if the levels are high enough or not, for this point in the game. Thank you for any feedback! ^_^

This is the Steel Type Gym Leader. I am not really worried that I can not beat him. I am just not sure, at this point in the game, already having five badges. If my Pokemon are under-leveled. Or if they are just average at this point.

I think that your levels are a little low. Your starter hasn't reached its fianl form yet and your highst is only @34. I was at level 40 by the time i fought the gym leader. I personally sugest that you go back to any areas you couldn't get to before bcause of needed HMs. That and make sure you go to Iron Island before you take the gym.

Yes, I was afraid of that. Considering usually by this time, my starte Pokemon would have evolved into its final stage, and is already, as you said, around level 40. Hm, well yes. I am for sure going to go train on Iron Island before battling the Gym Leader. I just need to level on my way to different cities. Instead of flying, guess I should start walking xD. Any ideas on Pokemon I should add, or take away, from my team?

Make your Ponyta evolve into Rapidash. (Or, even better, get an Infernape.) And be sure to level up everybody. Myself, I had an Infernape and I couldn't beat the 6th gym until my whole team was at or above level 40.

Oh, wow. Ok then I have a lot of work to do. Do you think I will be able to level my Pontya fast, at Iron Island? Eek, I knew this was coming. I was just mentally doing the math, and I knew by the time I got to the Elite Four, my team wouldn't be at high enough levels. Hm. I need to find a good place to train. Then encounter every trainer I can. Thank you for that suggestion. Any others?

Don't train Ponyta at Iron Island. Full of Rock-types. Yessh. Train Grotle and Marill there. Anyways Marill should evolve. And Grotle as well. Ponyta should be close to lvl. 40 and try to get Golbat to Crobat. My little thumb rule is to have my starter the highest level. Then the Pokemon that cover its weaknesses should b next, then the rest of you team.

Ok, where should I train Ponyta then, to get her to evolve? Also, I go by that same rule, all the time. Just for some reason. On this game it didn't end up like that. Also, I forgot, yet how do you evolve Golbat again? It doesn't have to do with levels does it...?

Yes, that would make sense. Using a Fire Type agaisnt a Grass or Bug Type. Also, how do I max out the Friendship, and where can I check what the Friendship status is, on the game?

You can max out friendship by a number of ways: battling with the Pokemon repeatly, using items on it and letting it hold items, the Soothe Bell(located in the Pokemon mansion south of Hearthome, talk to one of the maids), massages in Veilstone City

There's a lady in the Pokemon fan club in Hearthhome City who can check friendship but the best way is to get the Friendship checker app.for the Poketch. You can get that from a lady in the Eterna Pokemon Center. When two hearts appear next to a Pokemon that evolves via happiness that Pokemon it's close to evolving.

Oh, ok. Thank you so much. This helps me alot. I am trading for an Infernape soon, so therefore that will help boost my team. A lot. Considering it is level 36, higher then all my other Pokemon xD. Any other ideas? Pokemon to trade in, or out?

you should let your ponyta learn fire blast when it evolves because when your grotle evolves, it'll learn earthquake, but the 6th gym leader has 1 or 2 levatators such as bronzor.