• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Specials

In this RP you are a teenager in a big town, and you have been called by a proffesor and his quirky assistant to receive a certain type of Pokeball and catch a Pokemon with it. These Pokeballs can each do something a normal Pokeball can't, such as they can dive underwater and catch a kyogre from inside. I am Angela, the quirky assistant of the AMAZING Prof. Bark. I will guide you along your journey and give you updates all the time! Now to start.

Angela bounced around the lab with Skittles, her shiny zorua trailing right behind her. Angela sat down in her pink spinny chair and started to email the proffesor, suddenly the first trainer burst through the door.

Lily, a extremley kind, headstrong girl burst through the door. Her pink hair, tied in messy pigtails with red ribbons, blew out behind her. Her bare feet absorbed the cold of the lab's floor. A wide grin spread across her face. Lily skidded to a halt, making a loud screeching noise. "Howdy!" She exclaimed. "I'm here to get a pokemon!" Her light blue eyes filled with happiness.

"Well hi there!" Angela said, her red ponytail bounced as she walked over to the girl. "So I present you with the best Pokeball there ever was, the little ball!" Angela said holding up a small average looking Pokeball that from a normal perspective was a regular pokeball.

Lily took the pokeball into her hands. "Okay then! Go, mystery pokemon!" She pressed the button on the Littleball. A small Petalil, one tinier than most, hopped out of the ball. "Hiya!" It exclaimed to Lily. "Hi! What's your name? I'm Lily!" She asked it. "My name is Lallia." The Petalil smiled. Lily had been able to talk with pokemon since she was little. It was a special ability passed down to her from her mother, Xerione.
(Xerione is Xerione from my story One Last Step :3)

Last edited:
"Cute!" Angela said slipping on her Pokemon to Human Necklace (a new invention), "I have to stay at the lab sadly, but here is my holo caster number, I'll give you a call when I have news for you." Angela said as Sprinkles licked Lallia in the face.

Domino strutted into the lab, her white eyes darting around the entrance room. Yes, her eyes were white. Only the pupil showed any color: black. Her hair was black, also, earning her her name. She always wore contacts, though, making her eyes look like big "X"s. She was a bit... strange.
Anyway, she bounded into the room and looked around wildly. "Hiya!" she greeted the others in the room. "I'm Domino, and I've been called here for one of those new Pokéballs! Where it be at?"
{What have I created? xD lol}

Angela fell out of her chair rolling in a ball on the floor until she bumped into Domino So much for first impressions she thought as she got up and said, "Hi I'm Angela, I present you with the....... Blue Ball, it turns any Pokemon inside into a water type, changing it's coloring!" Angela said handing Domino a blue Pokeball.

"It's alright~!" Domino replied to all the bumping into her, before turning to Angela. "Whoa! Cool! T-hanks!" she replied, taking the ball from her grasp and looking it over. "Ima have to try this out! Be right back!" As she said this, she bolted out the door. Not even a minute later, she walked back in, holding the ball proudly. "It works! Check this out!" Domino then pressed the small button on the front and sent out her new partner. It looked the same as any other, except for its new blue coat. "Everyone, meet my new partner, Webster!"
"Foo, Mienfoo!" the small Pokémon called, happily looking up at his new partner.
{Couldn't find a picture of a blue Mienfoo, but I think this is pretty close. This Chespin's color scheme {the bottom one :p} would basically be the same thing as blue Mienfoo's.}

"Well, I'm starting my journey! Bye, guys!" Lily exclaimed, Lallia perched on her shoulder. She burst out the door, running at full speed out of town.

(Are there gyms in this world?)

"Baii!" Domino called, waving after Lily, Webster copying her movement. "We should head out soon, too, Web," she said, turning back to her new partner.
"Mien!" Webster replied, smiling and punching the air.
"Well someone's excited!" Domino laughed.

Lily burst into route one, sending Lallia flying off of her shoulder. "So, Lallia, what do you want to do now?" Lily asked. "We could be a trainer or a preformer. Or both!" Lallia thought for a moment. "Maybe you should be a preformer, but do some gym battles?" The petalil offered. "Sounds good to me! It's up to you guys. Now, lets train to get you some new moves!" Lily and Lallia dashed into some tall grass.

(Is this in a certain region? Sorry for all the questions XD)

Lallia used one last vine whip on a wild pokemon, making it faint. "Great job, Lal!" Lily smiled, picking her pokemon up. Suddenly a small Joltik lowered itself down. "OmO?" It asked. "AUUUGHHHHH SO CUTE!" Lily cried. She reached into her bag, taking out another littleball. She threw it at the Joltik. "oUo!" The Joltik smiled as it went into the ball. When Lily released it, the pokemon was many inches shorter. (Around 5cm). "Hey little guy! Can I call you Andy?" She asked him. "OuO!" Andy smiled.
(Note: Andy can only talk through facial expressions, like OmO and OWO)

(yes, Johto, and in Goldenrod a man will give everyone an eevee with an accordance to their Pokeball)

Suddenly Angela received a call on her phone, "Yes, Angela here!" she said, "Oh me? Thank you! Thank you!" she cried as she hung up the phone and grabbed some random Pokeballs, "Let's go on a journey Sprinkles!" she said to her shiny zorua, and they walked off. (She grabbed one shiny ball and otherwise regular balls)

Lily continued on, Andy perched on her shoulder and Lallia hopping along beside her. The girl reached into her bag, realizing that she had no more pokeballs. "Diddly darn!" Lily exclaimed. "I guess I'll have to call that Angela!" Lily dialed Angela's number on her holo caster.

Last edited:
(It's Angela, not Angelica)
Angela heard a ringing in her holo caster, she opened it up and answered. "Hi!" she said to Lily and Sprinkles hopped to her side. She had been wandering around a route for a while and was hoping to catch some Pokemon, she had a shiny ball which would gurantee a shiny pokemon, but only one, and the rest were regular, she decided to give Lily and Domino a shiny ball each to use.

(I'm using the shiny ball for the Goldenrod eevee, you can use your one shiny ball for anything you like)

(Oh! So sorry! I'll change it right away :O)

"I kinda sorta maybe ran out of pokeballs. Do you know where I could get some more?" Lily asked, blushing. She was a bit of a novice trainer, having not gone to trainer school.

"You can go to the mart and give the man this code littleb to get some little balls." Angela said suddenly whispering when she said the code. Suddenly a wild purrlion attacked, Angela caught it and then she named her Petal, but used a regular pokeball.

"C'mon, Webster! Let's head out!" Domino ran out the front door of the lab, her partner beside her. They both headed straight into some tall grass. A few minutes later, they walked back out, a new Pokémon by their side. Her name was Seraphina, and she was a now-water-type Ralts. "We're gonna be besties!" Domino called out to both her partners, hugging them tightly and speed-walking down the dirt path, enjoying finally being on a journey and having two awesome Pokémon to share it with.

Miles was late, horribly late. He had gone camping with some friends the night before and was late to get up. He sprinted down the hillside, tripping and rolling here and there, until he reached the lab. He entered to find that the lab was completely empty. He walked over to a desk and found a note and some pokéballs.

On the note it read,
Dear Miles,
My assistant and I are unable to meet you in person at the time due to your tardiness. Next to this note there are two pokéballs, one is a shiny ball which makes the Pokémon captured a shiny and the other a Twilight ball which turns the captured Pokémon into a dark-type and makes the coloration of the Pokémon black.

Good Luck,
Professor Bark

Miles was greatly pleased with the two pokéballs. He put them into his bag and then exited the lab to catch his first pokemon.

He continued on the route outside of the town, taking in the sites and such, when he saw a Ralts being bullied by a bunch of Hoothoot. He scared of the Hoothoot and inspected the Ralts. It was very injured and beat up, and it looked as if it had not ate or drank anything for weeks. Without any other choice, Miles grabbed his shiny ball and tossed it at the Ralts. After a few moments a ding rang into the open air, showing that the Ralts was caught. Miles then picked up the shiny ball and sprinted to the nearest Pokémon Center.

At the Pokémon center he got Ralts treated. Nurse Joy assured Miles that Ralts would be just fine. A few hours later Ralts looked way better then its previous condition not to mention that it was now a shiny Ralts. He named the Ralts Angel, for its survival was a miracle. He asked Angel if he wanted to battle gyms or perform to which Angel decided at both. With that cleared up, Zephious and Angel started to travel to the nearest town that had a contest and a gym.

Last edited:
Angela arrived in Goldenrod City and suddenly a man stopped her, she had received an egg which evolved into a Togepi, and caught a spring form deerling, now she only had one pokeball left. "Hello young girl, I'm the Eevee breeder, and here is an eevee egg, please take it and use your pokeball on it, you will receive an eevee!" he said talking so fast Angela barely understood. She threw her pokeball at the egg and it suddenly hatched, it was a shiny eevee! Angela realized that she had used her shiny ball. The little eevee licked Angela's face and showed Angela her sparkling blue eyes, "I shall call you Dove." Angela said to the little eevee.

Lily burst into goldenrod city, Lallia desperately trying to keep up with her. During this time, she crashed into the Eevee breeder. "Sorry! I keep on doing that..." Lily exclaimed. The Eevee breeder smiled at her. "No problem. Here, would you like a eeveelution?" The man asked. "Sure!" Lily exclaimed. "Here, have a eevee egg and this soothe bell." He handed her the egg. "Use a pokeball on it and it will hatch!" "Okay!" Lily took out a littleball that she had bought from the store, capturing the egg inside. When she pressed the button, a eevee popped out. Lily tied the soothe bell around it's neck and began to pet it. "Hello! I'm Lily, what's your name?" Lily asked. "I'm Pastel!" The eevee exclaimed before being engulfed in blue light. Pink orbs began to swirl around it, changing the eevee's form into a sylveon. "Yesss! I evolved!" Pastel exclaimed.

Angela decided to give Lily a call, she was sitting in the Pokemon center with Dove, petting her and such. Suddenly Angela remembered she had something for the eevee, she took out a pink ribbon and tied it in a bow around Dove's head, "That's a best friends ribbon, because were best friends." she said to the little eevee. Then she called up Lily and said, "Hey Lily! I've got a shiny eevee! Meet Dove!" she said.

"OHMYARCEUSSOCUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!" Lily exclaimed extremley quickly. "Meet my new teammates, Andy," Lily held up the little joltik, "And Pastel!" Lily held up the small Sylveon, who was much smaller then most. "^w^!" Andy exclaimed. "Hello!" Pastel exclaimed.

"Yours are cute too! My teammates are being healed cause we ran into some beedrill on the way here, why don't you meet me at the Pokemon center!" Angela said, "Hiya!" Dove said to Pastel and Lily.

"Howdy!" Lily responded to Dove. "Sure! Race ya there!" Lily blasted off, full speed, to the pokemon centre. She crashed through the double doors and sat down on a cushion.

(Umm Angela was already in the center when she called)

"Hello." Angela said since she was there already, she took off her pink glasses and cleaned them with her glasses cleaner thingy. "So how has it been?" she said.

"It's been well!" Lily smiled. She held Andy in her hands. Lallia sat on her shoulder, and Pastel was by her feet. "How has it been for you?"

"Angel use psybeam on that Lucario!" Miles commanded to his newly evolved Kirlia that was fighting a wild Lucario. He found the Lucario being abused by three men. He fought them off with Angel and his Swablu named Hawk, resulting in both Pokémon. Lucario then challenged them to a battle.

After the abuse the men treated Lucario with, it took little effort to take him down. Miles then threw a regular pokéball and after a few moments heard a ding signaling a capture.

He then went to the Goldenrod City Pokemon Center to get medical attention for his Lucario. On the way he met a man who have him an Eevee which he used his Twighlight Ball on, making the Eevee jet black. He named him Twighlight for that reason.

He then entered the Pokémon center and handed his Pokéballs to Nurse Joy. As he turned to find a place to wait he saw the professor's assistant with Lily, a girl that he had saw once. He walked over to the two girls saying," Fancy meeting you two here of all places. I'm Miles, one of the trainers Professor Bark selected. What are you two doing here? Are you here to compete in the contest or battle at the gym?"

"I'm entering the cuteness contest with Andy here!" Lily responded, holding up her joltik. "OuO!" Andy exclaimed. "How about you?" Lily asked, letting Andy crawl onto her head.

"Let's go the Pokémon Center, guys!" Domino said, looking around the rather large city for the building in question. "There it is!" They then ran over and walked in.
"Hello, and welcome to the Goldenrod City Pokémon Center! Would you like to rest your Pokémon?" the Nurse Joy behind the counter asked.
"Yass plz!" Domino replied, setting Webster and Seraphina down on a stretcher. "Cya guys soon!"
As she waited for her partners' return, she overheard someone mention Professor Bark. "Hey, I know him! I was chosen to get a thingy, too!" She walked over to the group. "Hai again! It's been kinda a while, huh? Who are you? I've never seen you before! I'm Domino, and I got a Blue Ball!" she introduced herself to the never-before-seen boy.

(Are we basing contests on the game or the anime? Cause if it is the anime then it's just a contest for all with no 'cuteness' or 'clever'.)

"I'm here to battle the gym and enter the clever contest (if video game) with my Kirlia named Angel", said Miles.

Miles turned around as a girl named Domino joined the group and asked a bunch of questions, answering," Hey Domino, the name's Miles, nice to meet you. Oh, and if you are curious I got the Twighlight Ball.

(game)
"Me too! I'm using Dove!" Angela said smiling, she found Lily to be a good friend of hers, she tightened the ribbon around her head that she used as a headband.

"Sure! I'm only entering the beginner's rank." Lily raced off to the contest hall, entering herself in the contest. She changed herself into a light pink dress with stars sewn on the edges. Andy had a tiny bowtie on. She stepped on the stage. "OmO?" Andy asked. "Don't worry, it'll be fine Andy!" Lily comforted. "UuU." Andy responded.

"Hey, guys! Nice ta meetcha, Miles!" she greeted, happily, X-shaped eyes wide and gleaming. When the Joltik jumped onto her shoulder, she laughed and smiled at him. "Well, aren't you the cutest thing ever!" When the contest came up, she decided to just watch. "Maybe we'll join a contest later," she told her partners, who were now back by her side. She took her seat in the stands and looked the stage over, Webster and Seraphina by her side. "We'll find something to do with ourselves. Just you wait!" They all punched the air, excited for their futures.