• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Society Against Demonic Illness [Discussion]

There is more to this world than meets the eye and, unfortunately, an unlucky 1% of the population know this better than anyone. Demons walk among us in every sense of the phrase and they attack anyone or anything that threatens their security. You are one of the few humans who has survived a demon attack, whether that be possession or otherwise, but you are left with mysterious mutations and powers you would otherwise dream of. You are what the demons refer to as a Blithie, and they hate you.
On the bright side, there is an institute for you and your kind to act as a safe haven and try to prevent some of the more unpleasant side-affects that come with being a Blithie.
Welcome to SADI, the Society Against Demonic Illness.

RULES
1) This is more of a reminder than anything, but please type in third-person and past tense format. If I select your character for this role-play, I have the utmost faith that you will.
2) When choosing the species of demon that "turned" your character, try to be practical. You can always message me if you aren't sure which demon suits your character and their abilities and I'll try my best to suggest some.
3) Abilities and mutations should, again, be practical in accordance to the species of demon they were turned by. For example, a Blithie infected by a Kappa might have the ability to breathe underwater and fish-like features.
4) Include a paragraph response (3+ sentences) for your character's Appearance and Personality.
NOTE: If you feel particularly attached to a demon governor or prince or the like, have your character be infected by one of their underlings. Instead of flat out putting "Satan/Lucifer" under Infected by, put "Underling of Satan/Lucifer."

Form
Name:
Infected by: [SPECIES OF DEMON]
Appearance:
Ability/Abilities:
Personality:
Backstory: [OPTIONAL]

Last edited:
Name: John Samson (English)
Ten Zhao Jin (Mandarin)
Infected by: Underling of Botis
Appearance: Disheveled black hair that looks like it's been cut with a knife; curved, brown eyes with slit pupils; roundish face which causes him to appear younger than he is. Pale scales dot the area around his eyes and most of the rest of his body. His body is slightly disproportioned and discoloured, so he wears oversized clothes to hide this fact. His favourite outfit includes a cartoon skull-patterned shirt, leather blazer, and loose-fitting jeans. John also wears a surgical mask over his mouth and only takes it off to eat. Both his hands and feet are tipped with elongated claws and he dons a pale, serpentine tail. Most notable, however, are the long, dark horns protruding from his head.
Ability/Abilities: Limited Retrocognition (ability to discern past events) and Precognition (ability to discern future events)
Personality: Cheerful, acerbic, extraverted, secretive, easily distraught. John is strangely confident in himself and will take any excuse he can to strike up a conversation. Much of the time, he is very excitable and charismatic, though he additionally has a very sharp tongue. For this reason, others either love or hate him with little room on the spectrum for neutrality. Whenever he experiences turmoil, he attempts to keep it from his fellowmen and is very reluctant to talk about his past. Sometimes (especially after one of his visions) he becomes skittish and restless. During these episodes, he will often hide somewhere secluded until they pass.
Backstory: John grew up in Taiwan for the first 9 years of his life until a subordinate of Botis enacted revenge against his sister for attempting to summon the demon in question and then to kill him in an act of fear. The subordinate poisoned her to death and John was caught in the crossfire. Since the venom was too small a dose to stop his heart, it soon spread from his bloodstream to the rest of his body. It took years for the blithe to significantly manifest itself, but his parents weren't exactly the most supportive when it did. He was found on the streets by a member of SADI on an outfield mission to collect stray Blithies months after he was abandoned.

Weirdly enough I had a fiction I was writing, and the main character works just about perfectly with this RP.

Name: Shiloh Amsel
Infected by: Underling of Aim
Appearance: Being a former cancer patient who went through many different, rather harsh cancer treatments, Shiloh is a very scrawny, sickly looking girl of 5'7". She wears a dark crimson and grey beanie to keep her bare head warm, and her face almost always appears pale and slightly emaciated, with deep bags beneath her medium brown eyes. She typically wears large, baggy clothes, one because she's always a bit cold, secondly because she tries to hide how thin she is to avoid people asking questions, staring, or taking pity on her. Since her possession, she also has two red pentagram marks embedded in her forehead, which she keeps covered with her beanie. Her cancer has been cured, and although she does not seem to be much better, she's actually made a good bit of improvement, and has been looking oddly more attractive.
Abilities: Passive charm ability (people tend to tell her whatever she wants to know with complete honesty), Active charm ability (can smooth talk anyone into doing her bidding, often using their secrets against them), has a weird affinity for platipi if the occasion should somehow arise.
Personality: Shiloh is rather quiet and reserved, often insecure as well. Being rather introverted, she needs her time to relax and enjoy some music or a good book. Often times in public areas she walks around with music in her ears as a distraction to keep her calmer. Despite this, she's a rather kind soul, often putting others before herself. Since discovering her abilities, Shiloh has also been even more quiet, trying to avoid accidentally charming people, although she admits it has on occasion come in handy.
Backstory: Growing up, Shiloh was your typical young American girl, born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona. At the ripe age of 18, she developed a rare form of bone cancer that had very few treatment options, all of which she was willing to try, having a deep seated fear of death. As attempt after attempt failed, she cut off friends and family in an attempt to "spare" them. She eventually allowed an occult fanatic to come and suggest her make a deal with a demon. Aim, being a demon who enjoyed walking the earth, is said to be one of the highest ranking demons who seeks a human to possess, however he tends to send his legions of underlings out to seek out proper bodies. She made a pact to allow her body for possession if the demon would cure her cancer. The next year of her life she cannot remember, however she was released for unknown reasons. Since then she's made an effort to resume normal life, however nothing seems to be quite normal.

Of course~ thanks for making this! It's actually given me some ideas for my fiction. ^-^ Hopefully this gets some attention and can get off the ground, I'd hate to see such a great idea go to waste.

name: Raven Taleheart

Infected by: underling of Halphas

Appearance: a 6"9' boy with steel grey skin and obsidian black hair, has a very short beard that just recently started to grow, has Mahogany brown eyes, his body is fairly athletic but not too muscular, often wears black skinny jeans, a grey T-shirt with "Born For War" in red with a font that makes it look like it was written with blood, black leather jacket, finger-less leather gloves and a crimson red fedora, a pentagram etched into the back of his hands

Ability/Abilities: under his jacket exists black raven wings that he can use to fly short distances, his pentagram can bleed at his will allowing him to use the iron in his blood to make weapons, the bigger or more complex the more blood he'll have to bleed
Personality: short tempered and a tactical thinker, doesnt make friends easily because he has trust issues with new people, has an interest in medieval weapons and modern guns.
if he does make friends then he protects them like a guardian angle (the irony) but wont take hits for them, rather he'd give out hits for them, has an interest in gory stories and horror stories

Backstory: Raven used to be a cheerful boy, made many friends, got good grades, he even got the hottest girl in his class to be his girlfriend, but his life took a sharp turn when a few jealous classmates decided to change that.
after getting framed for the murder of a teacher who everyone knew Raven didn't like he instantly lost all his friends and his girlfriend, he was gonna get kicked out of the school but he wasnt gonna leave before getting revenge, with some smart planning he managed to secretly start fights between friends which eventually became a free-for-all.
he spent the rest of his days in the streets as a magic trick performer who secretly steals the audience's money, he still thirsted for revenge though, one day he was approached by man who claimed he can satisfy his thirst and have him do the fighting himself rather than have others do it for him, after being taken to the woods by the man he had a ritual preformed on him and almost got possessed by Halphas, he managed to escape but a week later he noticed the side effects of the encounter starting off with the obvious wings that he shouldn't have

@Lord Of Pain Another great character. ^^ Thanks for sending a form in. You're accepted, of course. I'll be waiting for one or two more characters until I make the RP thread.

@Evenir Thank you, by the way. It means a lot.

Name: Aaron Aschard.
Infected by: Underling Of Izanagi.
Appearance:Silver Hair,Yellow eyes,White Sark and Denim pants.
Ability/Abilities:(Passive)The ability of this Underling is what it says.It (Active)Negates the other demon abilities.It can negate someone death but it will use lots of the person energy.
Personality: Aaron is the best person you can trust.He always had friends that lied to him so he though lying was a bad thing.So he tries to do the best to make someone trust him.He is cheerful and annoying lots of times.He isnt useless when we are talking about making plans.Nowadays he is learning kendo.He still dont know about his power yet so I hope some of you tell him xD

Last edited:

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Form
Name: Kane Lawson
Infected by: Siblings/children/underlings of Haagenti
Appearance: Brown/blackish hair with blue eyes, however, his ability can change all of this.
Ability/Abilities: Shapeshifting (Changing into whatever or whoever he wants) , all other forms of shapeshifting. Can change things he touches as well.
Personality: Originally Kind but shy with a split personality due to his ability. Can be ruthless when shapeshifting. Varies and so has a multi-sided flip personality.
Backstory: When he was a young boy, he saw visions of Haagenti, a great demon lord. In his teens, he got bullied alot. Many of his best friends betrayed him and stopped talking to him. He was always very awkward socially and wanted to talk to many people, but got pushed to the side. When he was 17, he fell for a girl after meeting her several times. She was Kind just like him but she talked more. She started going out with another person, causing Kane to become severely depressed. His depression continued as he realised when he left school that he was never going to see her again. However, he realised he had to change. One day, he went to a shady club which saw through his depression. Kane found another person who was depressed for the same reason. He said he could 'cure' Kane. All he needed to do was to changed who he was. Then, Kane suddenly awoke back in his house with limited memory of the night before. He discovered that he could shapeshift and shapeshift those he touched. He went back to the girl but the girl was horrified and he ended up killing her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Aaron Aschard.
Infected by: Underling Of Negation.
Appearance:Silver Hair,Yellow eyes,White Sark and Denim pants.
Ability/Abilities:(Passive)The ability of this Underling is what it says.It (Active)Negates the other demon abilities.It can negate someone death but it will use lots of the person energy.
Personality: Aaron is the best person you can trust.He always had friends that lied to him so he though lying was a bad thing.So he tries to do the best to make someone trust him.He is cheerful and annoying lots of times.He isnt useless when we are talking about making plans.Nowadays he is learning kendo.He still dont know about his power yet so I hope some of you tell him xD
Thanks for submitting a form. However, I'm not sure if you understand all the rules of punctuation and/or grammar and so I'm a little pensive on my decision. May I suggest an underling of Mephistopheles for the demon your character was affected by? There doesn't seem to be a legitimate demon called Negation, as far as I can tell.
If it's not too much trouble, please resubmit your form with your character's appearance in paragraph format (As I've stated as a rule of the role-play). I'm perfectly willing to further consider Aaron's acceptance as soon as you have done that.

Form
Name: Kane Lawson
Infected by: Siblings/children/underlings of Haagenti
Appearance: Brown/blackish hair with blue eyes, however, his ability can change all of this.
Ability/Abilities: Shapeshifting (Changing into whatever or whoever he wants) , all other forms of shapeshifting. Can change things he touches as well.
Personality: Originally Kind but shy. Now, he has different sides to his personality. Can be ruthless when shapeshifting. Varies and so has a multi-sided flip personality.
Backstory: When he was a young boy, he saw visions of Haagenti, a great demon lord. In his teens, he got bullied alot. Many of his best friends betrayed him and stopped talking to him. He was always very awkward socially and wanted to talk to many people, but got pushed to the side. When he was 17, he fell for a girl after meeting her several times. She was Kind just like him but she talked more. She started going out with another person, causing Kane to become severely depressed. His depression continued as he realised when he left school that he was never going to see her again. However, he realised he had to change. One day, he went to a shady club which saw through his depression. Kane found another person who was depressed for the same reason. He said he could 'cure' Kane. All he needed to do was to changed who he was. Then, Kane suddenly awoke back in his house with limited memory of the night before. He discovered that he could shapeshift and shapeshift those he touched. He went back to the girl but the girl was horrified and he ended up killing her.
Although you didn't follow the paragraph format, I suppose I can let this one slide since you obviously spent time on your character. I look forward to seeing him in the RP. ^^

I know that Izanami is a demon because she ate the food from the furnace in the Underworld, but isn't Izanagi a deity? Perhaps it would be more practical if your character was turned by a demon under Izanami?

Name: Trista Yuel

Infected by: Underling of Valefor

Appearance: Trista has light green skin and dull blue eyes. Her wavy blonde hair has a few dark red streaks, and reaches up to her waist. Trista wears black cotton sweaters (even on very hot days), black baggy pants with pockets, and black sneakers. She is slightly skinny, and very flexible.

Ability/Abilities: Trista is much sharper with her hands than a normal person. She has very fast reflexes and is very good at noticing if people are looking at her or not. Unfortunately, she sometimes can't control herself and steals things, but quickly puts them back after she realizes what she did.

Personality: Trista is kind to the people she likes, but pretty much ignores the people she dislikes. She doesn't enjoy meeting new people because she's a bit shy, but wants to get rid of her shyness, so she does it anyway. Ever since she became a Blithie, she began to be extremely curious. Trista's curiosity normally leads to jealousy, which leads to stealing. She tries not to steal, but doesn't know how to stop herself. Trista only steals by her own will from people she hates.

Backstory: As a young girl in elementary school, Trista was referred to as the 'goodie-goodie'. She would never break the rules and always did what the teacher said. Kids would laugh at her behind her back, but when she talked to them, they would always pretend she was their friend. However, when Trista went to middle school, the kids stopped hiding the fact they hated her, and showed it by bullying her. Trista would get punched at least nine times a day from each kid. One day, in her last year of middle school, a new kid came over to her. Trista braced for impact, thinking he was going to punch her like the other kids, but instead of punching her, the kid whispered to her, "I'll be waiting after school". This creeped Trista out, because he spoke to her like she met him before. After school, Trista found the kid waiting behind the trash cans.
"I knew you'd come," he told her, "I can make your life better. Do you trust me?" The kid seemed very odd, but Trista was willing to take a risk. She nodded, and that nod changed everything. Out of the kid came a demon, who zoomed towards her. The whole world went black. Trista couldn't remember the next few months of her life. Somehow, she ended up somewhere she didn't recognize. After going over her memories with the kid, she realized what had happened: She was posessed, but the demon released her. Trista took out her phone from her pocket to check where she was, but the battery was dead. She shoved it back, and felt a paper in her pocket. She took it out, and saw it was a letter from her mother. It read:
'Trista,
I don't know why you stole it, this isn't what the daughter I had would do. How could you be so evil?!? I miss the old Trista, the kind Trista. If this is your path, then I don't want to see you in this house anymore. Just remember I love you, and hopefully you'll change your ways.
Love,
Mom'

Trista realized she couldn't go back home, and rented a nearby apartment. The next day, she looked in the mirror and her jaw dropped. Her skin was green. Somehow, she got red streaks in her hair as well, but that didn't bother her as much as the green skin did. In attempts to hide herself, Trista bought tons of black clothing from a store nearby and only wore black since. When Trista realized how fast she could move her hands, she was shocked, but guessed it was because of the demon who posessed her.

Name: Kira Nebraska

Infected by: Subordinate of Beleth

Appearance: Kira has pale/tan skin and bright green eyes. She has straight dyed black hair with bright red roots, about 2 inches long, that reaches her mid back, she keeps in a tight high pony tail with a silver and gold striped scrunchy.
She is quite small, about 4'6", and looks incredibly young and frail (a side affect of the demon attack/failed summoning). Kira wears black leggings under a black pleated leather skirt that comes down to just above her knees, a black tank top with a studded black leather jacket over top with a patch depicting a white horse on the back. She wears high heeled black lace up leather boot that go up to her mid caff with silver laces. Kira also wears a silver ring depicting a snake eating it's own tail on a silver chain around her neck.

Ability/Abilities: Passive ability: Fear aura (causes those around her to be extremely afraid of her... only turns off when someone is able to show no fear around her and/or gain her respect) Active ability: is able to make others extremely likeable/attractive by everyone around them and make people fall in love.

Personality: Moody, arrogant, daring, curious, caring, defensive and lonely. Kira is a very reserved person, not talking to others unless she has to. She causes everyone around her to fear her and is quick to anger having the tendency to lash out verbally and physically assuming almost everything is an insult and takes it to heart. For this reason, others tend to dislike, fear or hate her with the best of people having a neutral opinion. She is however an incredibly caring person and will do whatever it takes to help those she respects and cares about. Despite being able to make others popular and fall in love, she is unable to use this ability on herself and thus is often quite lonely, something she will not verbally admit to others. She tries to appear more mature with her clothing as she is incredibly insecure about her appearance looking like a young child despite being in her 20's.

Backstory: Kira grew up in a boring suburban neighborhood and lived a fairly boring life until her senior year of high school when she joined the "occult club". The clubs 5 members attempted to summon the demon Beleth so that they could have their crushes fall in love with them and ask them to the senior prom. This summoning went horribly wrong as the demon in question was less than forthcoming and summoned a large number of subordinates to punish the students for attempting to summon her. One of the demons attacked her and she blacked out. When she came to she was in an ambulance on the way to the hospital; the only survivor of the strange attack. The next week odd things happened as everyone around her became extremely fearful of her and she began shrinking until she looked like a small child. She was then kicked out of her house by her family, who were too afraid to keep her under their roof and she began wandering from motel to motel unsure of what to do with herself as no one was willing to help her. She became very bitter and soon used her ability to rob from others on the street to make a living as no one was going to hire a tiny child who terrified them. She was then brought into the SADI about 2 years later by a member who she tried to rob on the street who was able to stand up to her, gaining her respect and seeing beyond her fear aura.

Ten Zhao Jin (Mandarin)
Yay!
Dude, I am Chinese, so I can speak Chinese as well.
Nice to meet a fellow citizen of China!
Also, your character's name in Chinese would likely be 藤(Because in Chinese there are actually no words that have the 拼音 of ten, so I replaced it with teng instead) 赵金。You know, just saying. Also, Taiwan has a different sort of language from Mainland China, I think they speak Taiwanese.
Sorry for interrupting the discussion.
Have a nice day.