• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The rise of Neo Rocket chapter 1: Recruits

WOK-WOK-WOK

A black cargo helicopter stealthily flew through the thickest clouds in the sky, as if it tried to hide itself from other air vehicles. On both sides of the copter, a red 'N' and 'R' were splashed on it. The wind roared and lightning flashed, but the young pilot didn't even flinch. If they were unsure by the weather circumstances, they didn't show it.

"Maybe we should get out of the clouds," the co-pilot suggested, "I don't think anyone's gonna notice-"

"What the hell are you talking about?" The pilot glared briefly at their co-pilot before turning their attention to the aircraft again. "I'm having fun over here. This is how all our missions should be!" The co-pilot wisely kept his mouth shut as the pilot took the copter's microphone in her hand.

WOK-WOK-WOK

Inside the aircraft, where the cargo would normally be held, were instead about 20-30 young people. Benches had been placed there for them to sit on, but some of them apparently preferred pacing up and down. The ride had been a rocky one so far, as they had been flying through a storm cloud for the past half hour.

The speakers in the cargo room began to beep. "Attention!" It was a voice that sounded vaguely female. "We are nearing our destination, the Neo Rocket HQ!" Some of the people in the cargo room began to cheer, others looked horrified. "It will be approximately 20 minutes until we can land! Don't worry about the weather, your pilot's got everything under control!" The voice disappeared.

On one of the benches, a gray-eyed young man grinned. Until the voice had sounded from the speakers, he had been toying with his brand-new Poké Ball in his hands, but now that he had heard that they were nearing their destination, he put it away in his pocket. Soon they would be landing. Soon his new life would begin.

He took his time to look around the aircraft at the other people. Some of them looked really nervous. Others looked determined. A few of them seemed to be downright crooked. So many people, and yet so many stereotypes. Wondering whether there would be someone worth his time in this bunch, he yawned loudly.

Rosie fiddled with her pokeball in her hands; she stroked the top of the ball, and swung her thumb back down, studying the ball capsule with her touch. While she never was able to see the glory that had shown when X-Ray was released, her mother always clapped her hands. Her father had described how it looked once, but he didn't help much by saying it looked like electricity burst from X-Ray.
The copter smelled of sweat, almost covering up all other smells. But, from the person next to her she could smell perfume (the person on her left side smelled of sweat). She could hear the rapid whirling of the helicopter, and the crashing of waves around her. She didn't understand why they were flying so close to the ocean, but after a few moments of thought, she realized that it couldn't be the ocean, because the ocean wouldn't shake the copter this much. The only logical reason why the copter was being shoved and pushed were air currents, and air currents only clashed when they were forming a storm. Rosie smiled to herself, pride burning within her.
She continued to fiddle with the pokeball till it slipped from her hands. She heard it hit the metal floor, and searched the area where the sound came from, until she heard it roll in the direction of the person to her left as they yawned. She sat up and tapped him on the shoulder, "I dropped my pokeball, can you get it for me please? I can't tell where it went."

Zane lazily opened his left eye when he heard a soft metallic thud next to him, which was followed by an object touching his feet. He shrugged it off as nothing, but then got tapped on his shoulder. "Hmm?"

"I dropped my pokeball, can you get it for me please? I can't tell where it went."

Zane tilted his head to the right, looking at the girl. Was she just playing tricks with him? The Poké Ball was lying right in front of her! Maybe it was just a test from Neo Rocket or something, to see if he could and would help his collegues.

He stretched out and picked up the Poké Ball, handing it to the girl. "Here you go. Don't lose it again. I dunno if Neo Rocket's interested in recruits without Pokémon." "Especially if they have bad eyesight" he wanted to add, but decided against it and instead lied back again.

Reena put her pokeball in her pocket as soon as she got it and zipped the pocket zipper closed. She was ready to learn more about Neo Rocket more than ever. She didn't really care that it was an evil organization; it sounded cool, and was better than trying to catch a pokemon day and night. Reena was sitting on a bench behind three people, but next to no one. She didn't know if it was because nobody wanted to sit next to her, but she decided it was the answer that's most likely true.
She heard a voice from the speakers that said they'd be arriving in about twenty minutes. Reena hoped twenty minutes would go by quickly. She felt like she was sitting on the bench for at least two days, even though it was probably less.

Rosie smiled, tucking X-Ray's pokeball in the pocket of her hoodie, "True that. Thanks."

She sat back, and wondered if it would be a good idea to tell the other recruit that she was blind. Would he try and mess her up because of it? Or try and steal her Pokemon? She could feel the movement in air currents better now, but not enough to protect her Pokemon. She sighed: it wasn't like she would be able to hide her weakness for long. She listened to see if anyone else was listening, but only heard the blaring headphones of the person to her right.

"You probably think I'm stupid," She said calmly, "But I'm not. I just can't see." She almost smiled a bit at her bad joke, "I may be sightless but I'm not brainless."

Reena was bored. She was listening to other conversations around her. The people behind her weren't talking, but the people in front of her were having an interesting conversation. The girl in the middle just told the boy on the right that she's sightless. Reena would have thought she was making a joke if she hadn't heard her say earlier that she couldn't tell where her pokeball was, and needed the person on her left to pick it up for her. Reena understood she was blind, but still couldn't understand why a blind girl was among new Neo Rocket members. 'She must be special,' Reena thought to herself.

Zane straightened his back, hearing from the girl that she was blind. "If it's any consolidation, I never thought you were stupid or something of the likes." He sighed. "Well, mainly because I think Neo Rocket isn't interested in the recruitment of morons, especially after Team Rocket's previous screw-ups."

He looked at the girl with renewed interest. Why would Neo Rocket be interested in someone that was blind, though? Deciding that introducing himself would be the most appropriate thing at the moment, he extended his hand for a moment before realizing that she wouldn't be able to see it anyway. "Name's Zane Winter. Nice to meet ya."

Last edited:
Rosie almost lost her calm composure when she felt the gust of air that came with the movement of Zane's hand, "Rosie Cahoya, it's a pleasure to meet you aswell. Thanks for trying to be courteous with the handshake attempt there, by the way."

She giggled a bit then, slightly embarssed, "Hopefully team rocket won't blast off again this time, right?"

Sunshine opened her hazel eyes. She was on a bench in a large room that was shaking. She quickly felt her pockets for her Tyrouge's Pokeball, sighing in relief once she found it in her right pocket. Emily straitened herself up, and looked around her surroundings. "W-where am I-I?" She stuttered, trying to recall the reason.

Zane stared at the girl in surprise for two seconds, before letting out a chuckle. "Good show, Rosie. Good show." Suddenly he saw why an organization like Neo Rocket would be interested in the recruitment of a blind girl. With these kinds of senses, she didn't even need her eyesight.

"And yeah, hopefully," he added, "But that's up to us, the new recruits, I guess."

Rosie felt determined, "We'll make a diffrence. We just have to think before we do, and not go around making ourselves bigger than we really are."

"W-Where am I-I?"

Rosie turned in the direction of the voice, and spoke clearly, "On our way to the Neo Rocket base. You're in a helicopter, and from the air pressure we're probably less then six thousand five hundred feet in the air."

"H-HELICOPTER?" Emily blurted. She curled up into a ball and started trembling. "I don't wanna go to the base... I'm not part of this Neo Team Rocket!" she cried into her knees.

Rosie was surprised by this reaction, but kept her voice even, "I'm sure you'll end up liking it. Most children don't like the thought of new food until they try it, so I'll assume this will be the same. Although, I'd recommend not blabbering on as you are, because I highly doubt they'll let you gain the location of the base and just leave. Well... I suppose they could allow you to leave under a sheet, but that wouldn't be fun."

Rosie shrugged, "No idea. But then again, they hired me, so you should be of some use."

The blabbering voice was starting to annoy her. She didn't feel bad for the voice, since they probably did something to cause this negative point in their life.

Zane crossed his arms, looking at the new girl. He tried to not show his impression about Rosie's accuracy of the helicopter's height. He didn't know whether it was a guess, and quite frankly, he didn't want or need to either. "I didn't know they still did in abduction. Oh well." He shrugged. "Seems like you're with us now. So you better man up, because I don't think they're gonna let you go home anytime soon."

"Why me though?" Emily sobbed, "It could've been Jessie! She's more fit for this than I could ever be!" Sunshine calmed herself down for a few minutes, then said, "I guess we're going to have to get to know eachother."

"Seeing as I've already introduced myself to you, Zane, I may aswell allow this one to see who I really am too," Rosie hoped Zane would get a kick out of her terrible jokes, "I'm Rosie Cahoya, and no I can't tell who you are just by looking at you. You'll have to state your name."

Rosie had a love for dictation. She loved using words to surprise others, as her parents never really gave her a chance to show that she could be just as cool as her brother. She was beyond joyful to have that chance now, and couldn't give up the opportunity for word play.

Zane smirked briefly at Rosie's word play, but his face turned serious again soon. "Name's Zane Winter. Hello there." He couldn't see how this new girl... Emily? Sunshine? He didn't even know how to call her. Anyway, he couldn't see how she could be any asset to the organization. He shrugged. Maybe she'd prove him wrong in the future. He hoped so.

Rosie sighed, and reached back into her sweater pocket to hold onto X-Ray's pokeball, "Luckily for us, well the ones that joined willingly anyway, were allowed to pack. I would have been peeved if I couldn't bring my favorite outfits."

She tapped one of her feet on the metal floors, "We've dropped two hundred feet in the last minute, so if you don't want to make a bad impression with the Admins, Emily, you should prepare yourself."

Emily gulped and tried to regain her composure. She was scared out of her mind, alone, and was probably going to be forced to do bad things. Sunshine fiddled with Jack's Nest Ball, hoping she could find solace in her companion.

Reena looked over to the girl that was sleeping before. She felt bad that the girl was taken by force. It didn't look like she had too much talent, so Reena wondered why Neo Rocket took her at all. "Get ready, Sunshine, it's not like you can avoid joining now," Reena told Emily quietly.

David was looking at one of the helicopters walls, trying to keep out of the conversation, it worked so far, heck, they did not notice David was there. But the look on his face, barley visible, looks sad, and depressed.