• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Return of ToMaL

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
So with things settling down at home again and Dissidia presently at a standstill, I'm craving to RP again. I thought it might be nice to bring back the Things of Myth and Legend RP, but I'd like to know your opinion on the matter.

Here's a glimpse into what the RP is all about:

The world of Terrater was a generally peaceful place, the land united under one great dragon king. His noble reign was not always peaceful, his small desire for power making him lead wars against some of the worlds he visited. Even though this was true, it was also true that he was known to be a benevolent leader despite this, bringing salvation to other worlds in desperate need. From one of these worlds came a human female, who was blessed by the planet to be his other half, and through their union they created new life.

Their daughter now reigns as Queen of Terrater, their lives taken through betrayal and deceit that had been festering in their family for eons. Not soon afterward she had a devastating war of her own, not only with her heart but also the forces of evil. Darkness came and went, leaving the peaceful sanctuary in ruin, leaving the people to rebuild what they lost. The portals leading out into other dimensions were tentatively opened again, allowing their relationships with former allies to be rebuilt and new worlds to be explored.

Amongst death came new life, breathed into a machine that the people would usually call the Androids. Long have these statuesque beings protected these lands at the side of the throne, their influence serving towards the great victory of the last war. With their living construct showing romantic interest in the Queen, the people are left to start wondering the true intentions of these mysterious beings, and questioning just how powerful the forces that rule over them are.

Let me know what you think, and if you're interested! :3

I hope you're willing to take me in again. |D

Yes, I would absolutely love to join this. I already had my character and first post set up last time, but I was a day too late- So an opportunity to try again would be wonderful.

What you've written for a plot looks rather good, Dway! To me, it sounds similar to the plot from last time, only with a possible civil war-like touch, if I'm not mistaken.

I'll probably be using the character from last time, seeing as he was quite enjoyable to work with to me. I hope I'll be allowed to be a part of this ^^

I'd be happy to join this! I might need a bit more background but hey, once I understand it, I'd do well.

Expect large holes in posting times yada yada yada~

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Basically the gist of this RP is a combination of world building as well as conflict that could potentially reach a godlike level. I'd like your characters to be as in depth as possible, describing what your powers are, what your species is (if not human) and how everything works. If you like, you can also create a different world that your character hails from, as long as they came to Terrater through the portal system for one reason or another.

If you would like your character to be born on Terrater, here's a basic description of the system in place:

There is one queen who rules over the entire planet (being my main character), but the entire landmass is divided into different countries that have their own authorities in place. As a citizen - regardless if born here or came to live here - you are expected to keep the peace and do your part for the community in whichever field of work you choose. You have been gifted with magical powers by the planet itself and will encounter species that range from the regular human to full scale dragons - in fact, the person in power is the daughter of a once great and powerful dragon king. You are given all the luxuries you desire, and the only price seems to be that you work for the planets benefit.

Since the dawn of time, records have shown that the throne has been influenced by beings known as the Androids. In the last war, they displayed little effort until the last minute, at which they displayed a power previously unknown to the populace. They created one of their own as a pseudo-human, presumably to learn more about the ways of humanoid life through the eyes of one of their own. Now this being is showing interest in the Queen to the point of romantic involvement, and you may be among the citizens who are now questioning the true intentions of those who have guided the royal hand for so long.

If you want, you can also be blessed by the magic of the Spirit dragons, which is another matter entirely. I would prefer to have at least one more person join before I start, but I can accept it if I only have you two to work with.

I would also like to join this, if you have not obtained this last participant already. I have worked in a few roleplays before, though not on here, and have characters that are well-described and are very fun to use. Due to a hiatus being put on my old roleplay, I have nothing more to do with my characters for the time being and would like to participate in this. The only question I would have for this is whether or not technology would be allowed in the world outside of the Androids

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
This world is full of many different types of technology, so I guess it depends on the technology in question. PM me any ideas you would like to bring into the world and I will decide whether or not it fits.

Oh, and also PM me your profiles, guys.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Absolutely! If you want to be a dragon, you certainly can. Just be sure to tell me all about your kind of dragon when you PM me your profile.

My Spirit dragons have magic abilities and intelligence beyond the usual draconic attributes. They can control the five elements - Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Spirit - but are most proficient in one of the five. This main element defines what powers you use the most often as well as the breath weapon you would have.

Earth gives you power over nature and an acidic or poisonous breath weapon.
Air gives you power over wind and lightning, and thus you have a lightning breath weapon.
Fire is the most obvious and most attributed with dragons.
Water gives you power not only over water but ice, and thus you have an ice breath weapon.
Spirit gives one power over the ethereal, covering healing or necromancy, and depending which you choose would give you a breath weapon based on that.

Being blessed by this power, a non-dragon would get power over one of these elements. Being part dragon would give someone power over more than one of these elements, up to the maximum of five for half-dragons. Those with multiple powers would still be proficient with one over the other.