• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Pokemon Experiment {DISCUSSION}

Good Idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
The government has set up a little experiment. 'Willing' trainers have 'decided' to have their partner Pokemon separated from them to study the bonds and emotional connections between trainers and their Pokemon. The Pokemon will be put into a small ecological simulation dome resembling a little forest with a pond in the center. Food will be put out every day, and the Pokemon are allowed to communicate with one each other.

Each Pokemon will be sedated so they do not wake up during the transfer phase. They will all wake up inside the dome for the second phase: confusion. The rest has not been planned out. How will the Pokemon, specifically the ones with very strong bonds to their trainer, cope with the emotional struggle of not being by their trainer's side.

You will play the role of the Pokemon, existing in this dome. It won't be easy to be gone from your trainer. You might be fine for a few days, but the depression will kick in to all the Pokemon. How will you, the pokemon, cope? What friendships will you make? What rivals will you face? What hardships will bring you down.

(This RP is inspired by @LunarSilvally 's RP, "Pokemon Trainer X". Go check it out, all though it is pretty different from this RP)

Rules:

1. Follow all Pokecharms rules, and Moderator instructions.
  2. Proper grammar is needed to RP on this thread, and posts must be at least a paragraph long. It's better to wait to write a more substance-filled post, than to just spam one liners.
  3. No bullying!
  4. You are the Pokemon. All humans are NPC's and will most likely be controlled by me unless you ask. (Includes the people that put food out across the dome)
  5. Crushes, Romances, etc. are allowed, and encouraged. Nothing past making out, AT ALL.
  6. Pokemon battles are allowed, obviously, and we will be going by Anime Style battling. (Which is that there is no XP or levels. YOU CAN USE HAVE MORE THAN FOUR MOVES!)
  7. Have fun!
  8. No mega evolutions, mythical or legendary pokemon AT ALL.
Bios:

You can imagine age kind of like animals. You can put that they are seven, but that doesn't mean they are seven. It just means they are as mature as a seven year old human if they were a pokemon. Get it? I don't. Ok.

Name:
Species:
Gender (If applies):
Bond Level With Trainer (Can be from Medium to inseparable):
Appearance:
Personality:

Anything Else:

Zap (Pikachu, M, 7): @pokeyman
Shelly (Oshawott, M, 7): @pokeyman
Cherry (Chespinn, F, 6): @pokeyman
Lightning (Emolga, M, 13): @Lightning-emolga
Nia (Scolipede, F, 11): @OtisRolePlays
Bolt (Joltick, M, 4): @Shadow_Pup
Aeris (Espeon, F, 19): @Shadow_Pup
Blue (Umbreon, F, 20): @LunarSilvally
Sparkx (Jolteon, F, 20) @LunarSilvally

-{Zap the Pikachu}-
Name: Zap
Species: Pikachu
Bond Level With Trainer:
Inseparable
Appearance: Pretty average for his 'age' height and weight wise. Zap has a little hair swoosh because his trainer groomed him like that, and a blue scarf.
Personality: Pretty outgoing and energetic. Loves to meet new friends, but also enjoys the company of those he deeply trusts (aka his trainer). Can get quite emotional and loud, though.

Anything Else: Zap has been with his trainer since he hatched from an egg. Zap's trainer (will reveal more info through RP) has essentially been a father figure for him. Also super friendly with Shelly, because Shelly also belonged to Zap's trainer. They are essentially brothers.

-

-{Shelly the Oshawott}-
Name: Shelly
Species: Oshawott
Bond Level With Trainer: Inseperable
Appearance: Pretty small for his age, but that makes him cute OwO. Also wears a blue scarf.
Personality: Pretty shy and inward, tends to only hang out with Zap because hi gives Shelly confidence.
Anything Else: Shelly has been with his trainer for a long time. Shelly thinks of Zap as an older brother of sorts. (Shelly and Zap will be placed fairly apart from each other.)

-

-{Cherry the Chespin}-
Name: Cherry
Species: Chespin
Bond Level With Trainer: Doesn't Really Matter (<Medium)
Appearance: Average height and weight. Doesn't wear anything, because scarfs annoy her.
Personality: Cherry is super care free and super playful. Cherry doesn't get sad, or angry too often (unless you steal her food). Somehow even more mischevious and playful than a normal Chespin (if that's even possible at all.)
Anything Else: Cherry is ALSO owned by the same trainer as Zap and Shelly, but the other two Pokemon just think of Cherry as that extremely playful pokemon and shopkeeper of joy. (They put Cherry in this experiment because they need a wide variety of personalities.)

(There really isn't much of a plot for this one. Only a barebones skeleton just meant to prop the RP up. The pokemon are literally just in a dome. If no plot RP's aren't your cup of tea, than this won't be the best RP for you.)

(Roleplay Thread)

Last edited:

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
I like the rps when youre a pokemon so i will give it a try.

Name: lightning
Species: emolga
Bond Level With Trainer: very strong
Appearance: wears a red scarf
Personality: lightning is acting smart in battles and doing a lot of tricks that he learned with his trainer.
Hes very kind and curious but a little shy in the start, he always doing the best he can.
He hate bullies and mean people.
Anything else: lightning was the trainer partner, he tought lightning a lot of tricks with his moves and other moves.
They traveled a lot together.

Last edited:

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
(This looks interesting, count me in!)

Name: Nia

Species: Scolipede

Bond level with trainer: Very strong, she always has complete trust in her trainer.

Appearance: She looks like a normal Scolipede, but a bit smaller, and Nia wears a sky blue bandanna around her neck.

Personality: She is kind, and only trusts her teammates and trainer. Nia is stubborn, and she always charges into battle.

Anything else: Nia depends on her trainer (Otis) a lot.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Yay! More Pokemon wearing blue scarfs lol :3. You are accepted. I'll probably post the RP when one more person joins. But, I can always add more characters if we need them, and you guys can too. :)

Also, we can start at any time if you guys want :3

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name: Bolt
Species: Joltik
Bond Level With Trainer: Strong
Appearance: Like a normal Joltik, but wears little glasses as his eyesight isn't great.
Personality: Bolt is kind of shy, he is smart and kind. He can get pretty angry at bullies and hates mean people, he has been away from his trainer before so he is ok with the dome, but he doesn't really like large pokemon.

Name: Aeris
Species: Espeon
Bond Level With Trainer: Inseparable
Appearance: Like a normal Espeon, but she wears a nice black bow around her neck.
Personality: She is very mature, but she can be silly when she wants to, she usually gets along with everyone, she kind-hearted and loves to take care of smaller, younger Pokémon.

(Pikachu and Eevee are both cute but I prefer Eevee lol so I'm Team Eevee lol. I am planning to get a Nintendo switch to play lets go Eevee probably ask it for Christmas lol)

Name: Blue
Species: Shiny Umbreon
Gender (If applies): Female
Bond Level With Trainer (Can be from Medium to Inseparable: Inseparable mostly a very strong bond
Appearance: A shiny colored Umbreon with gold eyes and blue rings
Personality: Brave, Gentle, Protective, Swift, Stragetic, Sharp hearing
Moves: Shadow ball,Hyper Beam, Dark Pulse, Iron tail, Heal Pulse, Psychic, Moonlight
Other: Wear a blue and black flower on her right ear which her partner had given to her, Always with Sparkx

Name: Sparkx
Species: Jolteon
Gender (If applies): Female
Bond Level With Trainer (Can be from Medium to Inseparable: Inseparable, mostly a very strong bond
Appearance: A normal colored Jolteon
Moves: Thunder, Discharge, Volt tackle, Double kick, Thunder Fang, Iron tail
Personality: Brave, Gentle, Swift, Sharp hearing, Protective
Other: wears a light blue bandana with purple flowers to the side, always with Blue

This'll be my first roleplay in awhile. I like it so far.

Name: Eevui
Species: Eevee
Bond Level With Trainer: "Medium." She doesn't despise her trainer, but she doesn't care for her much either.

Appearance: Eevui had no defining features to seperate herself from other Eevee. She is known to care around a small button, which resides in the depths of her fur, if spotted that can be an indication of said Eevee being Eevui.

Personality: Eevui is the stern-type. She doesn't take lightly to light-hearted and energetic Pokémon, finding them to be shadows of their formal selves, and tends to discard thoughts of making allies with strangers, much less interact with them. Eevui will not hesitate to attack those who break the boundaries of her personal space, but relatively speaking, she is fairly week, and is usually overpowered by stronger, taller, or overall sturdier Pokémon.

Name: ((Do I have to name it...?))
Species: Frogadier
Appearance: regular Frogadier...
Personality: Kind, usually helps its trainer, likes to help other Pokemon, doesn't quite like battling
Bond with trainer: Very strong

I'm fairly certain you don't need to name yours. @PokeTrainerSpyro

Name: Midnight
Species: Shiny Umbreon
Bond Level With Trainer: Midnight doesn't care much for his trainer, ergo, he has no real reprocussion to being separated with him, ergo, Midnight is relatively a Medium.

Appearance: Midnight is a Shiny Umbreon with a Blue Scarf. Midnight also has Heterochromia, his right eye resembles a regular Shiny Umbreon's eye, yellow, and his left eye is red, like a regular Umbreon's eye would be.

Personality: Midnight is surprisingly tame, despite his many outings and rash behavior towards his trainer. He tends to limit his intertactions with others, but does just fine with other Pokémon, regardless of gender or species.

Honestly, I kinda feel crummy for using another Umbreon, who has a Blue Scarf... so sorry...

Name: Hestia
Species: Braixen (shiny)
Bond Level With Trainer: In the middle of Medium-Inseparable.
Appearance: She takes the form of a shiny Braixen (Purple main fur, white underbelly fur, red eyes, red ear fur, etc) She wears a sleeveless hoodie (it goes under her chest fur, but covers some of her purple body fur)
Personality: Kind towards others, mischievous in general, though. If she has any enemies, she will sometimes rile them up just to see if they'll attack. She likes battling, and can be very strategic about her attacks.

Anything Else: She is her trainer's partner Pokemon. She and her trainer are quite close, but not the closest they can be. She doesn't always show it, but she hates being away from her trainer. She firmly believes that her trainer will come to find her.. There's no way she'd leave Hestia all alone... right? owo

oheck-

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
I think i will just post the characte, if i cant add another one pokeymon probably not accept it.

Name: energy
Species: mareep
Bond Level With Trainer: very strong
Appearance: wears a blue bow instead of scarf.
Personality: tesla is always cheerful and energetic.
She love to battle with lightning, and she always like to help others.
Anything else: she always was with lightning in a battle so she always enjoy to do tricks with him, she's getting excited while battling.
She really like to be close to her trainer.

Last edited:
Name: "hey" "oi" (the trainer never really got around to naming them, he just could never decide on a name so they call them self "nova")
{note} if you wish this to be changed I can do that
Species: Reuniclus
Gender (If applies): You can not tell whatsoever but they prefer feminine pronouns
Bond Level With Trainer (Can be from Medium to inseparable): Medium
Appearance: They have no differences from any other Pokemon of the same species
Personality: They are quite happy and willing to take risks
{note} I prefer developing my OCs personality as it progresses, I can change this as well if you wish

Anything Else: N/A

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
I need to broaden my horizons with roleplays, I'm only in one active one, so I might as well join:
Name: Zero
Species: Abra
Gender (If applies): Male
Bond Level With Trainer (Can be from Medium to inseparable): High/inseparable
Appearance: They seem to be a normal Abra, in appearance at least.
Personality: They seem brave, yet, truthfully, they are shy.
Anything Else: They can't normally teleport, only doing it when they are either highly scared, or emotional.
Their physic powers seem to be stronger than most other Abra (Abras?), yet they can only slightly control their powers, they seem to be strongest when highly emotional, yet, this emotionally strains them, as well as draining them of energy fairly quickly.

If I need to change something, then I will.