• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Paragons - Act I Discussion

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
What happens in a world ruled by superhumans? The normal populace are left all but obsolete compared to the Supers. Above all, however, stands The Paragons. A beacon of light and hope, a league of justice and vengeance. Feared, loved, and respected above all else. To become a Paragon is the most prestigious thing any Super could hope to attain. Of course, not all are set on the course of the straight and narrow, as the Paragons allegedly are. Those with darkness in their hearts hide in the shadows, gathering their numbers and strength with the intent of destroying the Paragons and everything they stand for.

The Paragons are celebrities just as much as they're heroes, and even their most meaningless actions can have great effects on society as a whole. They are the leaders of humanity. They are the greatest example. They are the protectors of the world.
They are the Paragons.
...and nobody can stop them.

------

Welcome to the world of The Paragons. It's inspired by most superhero media, ranging from everything Marvel, to DC, to even The Boys. This world, however, is set in our future. A future in which superhuman populace increased by the millions for seemingly no reason at all. Before there were superheroes, there were comics. Games. Movies. Characters like Superman, Spider-Man, and Batman are all a part of this world, but only as fictional characters. This branch of media died out when real superhumans took to the skies and streets.

There are limitations for your supers- though not many. In order to avoid OP Mary Sues completely breaking any and all story potential because of Superman-like qualities, these limitations must be made prominent.

No world-breakers or above.
No reality-warpers.
No realm-walkers.
And DEFINITELY no instakill powers.
Try to at least be a little creative when coming up with your powers- but don't worry. It's okay to use already created concepts. It isn't even frowned upon.
The world of The Paragons is so far unfilled and full of plenty of potential- potential I hope YOU will help me fulfill. This world will become yours just as much as it is mine. Feel free to create your own locations, NPCs, history... just don't go too crazy.

I want this to be a fun experience, but I also want it to be unique- which is certainly a difficult thing to do these days in the world of superhero media. I will try my best to add uniqueness to the story.
As a side note, no big bads are currently planned. If you wish, you can create your own. You could even be a main villain for a good amount of time, and feel free to get your creative juices flowing. That's what roleplaying is all about, isn't it? Having fun, and getting to express your creativity. I know my power rules are constricting in that degree, but it's for the satisfaction of all potential players, so that nobody is overshadowed too much.

Keep in mind, your character doesn't even have to be a super. You can be a brilliant engineer, and create your own suits of armor. You could be a mad scientist and create an army of robots to do your bidding. You can even be just a guy off the street who ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time- possibilities are endless!

So please, feel free to join. In fact, I greatly encourage it. Welcome to The Paragons.

------

CHARACTER SHEET
Alias:
Age/Gender:
Race:
Alignment:
Personality:
Flaws:
Powers:
Backstory:

------

Roleplay Thread: https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-paragons.23047/

Last edited:

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Alias: None, at least none he made up. Sometimes people do make up names for him, but he prefers to just be called "Loufe"
Age/Gender: Male x2 Loufe: 16 O.S: Couple hundred at least. He lost count.
Race: Human turned werewolf
Alignment: Loufe: Lawful Good
O.S: True Neutral
Personality: While he can be a bit intimidating due to his size (6'9), and naturally glaring expression, Loufe is actually a pretty mild-mannered person. He enjoys joking around and helping people. He does lack a backbone, but when enemies are involved, Loufe can be a menace in battle, although he hates killing things. He is a bit self conscious of his "condition" and tries his best to hide it, with not great results. He's a bad liar, obviously. The fact that his tail shows his emotions unconsciously doesn't help.

O.S is much more sarcastic, somewhat sadistic, and can be downright malicious when bored. He's not inherently evil, however. O.S just puts his needs above others. He can even be somewhat tolerable to people who treat him with respect. However, he's always up for a brawl, and hates sappy stuff, like friendships.
Flaws:
Loufe has powerful psychic power, but he can still be exhausted of it after too much usage. Despite his abnormal height, and sharp claws, he's not very physically adept, unless he helps himself with his powers, but otherwise isn't much of a challenge in physical combat.

O.S is durable and destructive, especially combined with his healing factor and reflexes, but is very reckless and prideful. He also is generally unfriendly to anyone and isn't a team player.
Powers:

Loufe was born with a strong mind. He would be resistant to mind control, but thanks to O.S, he's completely immune to it. He can use certain elemental abilities, such as electrokinesis, but he needs an outside source to absorb if he were to do so.
He has a slight amount of werewolf abilities, being stronger that he looks (although he prefers to use his psychic abilities), sharp retractable claws and having slightly increased senses.

When turned into a werewolf, O.S can't use Loufe's powers, but he has all the normal features, like extreme strength, very sharp claws, speed, and a healing factor. His senses are increased as well.

When the two reach a mutual understanding, and carry no negative feelings with each other, they'll become a larger, stronger wolf capable of magic. This form, however, is VERY hard to achieve, as they bicker. A LOT.

Unbeknownst to them yet, Loufe is able to "transfer" O.S spirit into someone through physical contact. They gain slight werewolf buffs, and can turn into a full werewolf as well. What's more, as a wolf, they'll have access to their powers. Unfortunately, being a full wolf means that O.S is in control, and he isn't all that well-versed in magic usage.
Backstory:
There's a myth of a kind of spirit that, every one hundred years, wanders around the night, and enters the soul of someone, changing them both physically and mentally, causing them to leave their homes as primal beast moving towards some unknown call in the forest.
This myth, actually, is false. Sorta.
O.S was just your regular werewolf hundreds of years ago. Due to the time passed, he doesn't remember, or care, about what was his first life about. Of course, he had an expiration date, and died. However, his spirit remained, and it would dissipate if O.S did not find a body. Being the unfeeling person he is, O.S took over the first person he found, essential killing their consciousness and replacing it with his. He turned wolf, and went back into the wild. Rinse and repeat across hundreds of years until he found a young child crying in a bush, seemingly abandoned by his parents. Since his wolf form wasn't affected by the person he was, he decided to put the child out of its misery. Unfortunately, Loufe's brain was well-protected by his psychic powers. However, O.S spirit was also strong. Eventually, to preserve themselves, Loufe's magic somewhat combined the two, making them sort of share the same brain.
He wasn't sure how Loufe would react to his first meeting with someone being a failed murder, so he made Loufe think that his lack of control over his wolf side made him gain a second personality.
Eventually Loufe gave O.S his name: which stands for "Other self"

Hope this works. I'll fix anything I have to.

Last edited:

comic

Alias: None, at least none he made up. Sometimes people do make up names for him, but he prefers to just be called "Loufe"
Age/Gender: Male x2 Loufe: 16 O.S: Couple hundred at least. He lost count.
Race: Human turned werewolf
Alignment: The Paragons
Personality: While he can be a bit intimidating due to his size (6'9), and naturally glaring expression, Loufe is actually a pretty mild-mannered person. He enjoys joking around and helping people. He does lack a backbone, but when enemies are involved, Loufe can be a menace in battle, although he hates killing things. He is a bit self conscious of his "condition" and tries his best to hide it, with not great results. He's a bad liar, obviously.

O.S is much more sarcastic, somewhat sadistic, and can be downright malicious when bored. He's not inherently evil. O.S just puts his needs above others. He can even be somewhat tolerable to people who treat him with respect. However, he's always up for a brawl, and hates sappy stuff, like friendships.
Flaws:
Loufe has powerful psychic power, but he can still be exhausted of it after too much usage. Despite his abnormal height, and sharp claws, he's not very physically adept, unless he helps himself with his powers, but otherwise isn't much of a challenge in physical combat.

O.S is durable and destructive, especially combined with his healing factor and reflexes, but is very reckless and prideful. He also is generally unfriendly to anyone and isn't a team player.
Powers:

Loufe was born with a strong mind. He would be resistant to mind control, but thanks to O.S, he's completely immune to it. He can use certain elemental abilities, such as electrokinesis, but he needs an outside source to absorb if he were to do so.
He has a slight amount of werewolf abilities, being stronger that he looks (although he prefers to use his psychic abilities), sharp retractable claws and having slightly increased senses.

When turned into a werewolf, O.S can't use Loufe's powers, but he has all the normal features, like extreme strength, very sharp claws, speed, and a healing factor. His senses are increased as well.

When the two reach a mutual understanding, and carry no negative feelings with each other, they'll become a larger, stronger wolf capable of magic. This form, however, is VERY hard to achieve, as they bicker. A LOT.

Unbeknownst to them yet, Loufe is able to "transfer" O.S spirit into someone through physical contact. They gain slight werewolf buffs, and can turn into a full werewolf as well. What's more, as a wolf, they'll have access to their powers. Unfortunately, being a full wolf means that O.S is in control, and he isn't all that well-versed in magic usage.
Backstory:
There's a myth of a kind of spirit that, every one hundred years, wanders around the night, and enters the soul of someone, changing them both physically and mentally, causing them to leave their homes as primal beast moving towards some unknown call in the forest.
This myth, actually, is false. Sorta.
O.S was just your regular werewolf hundreds of years ago. Due to the time passed, he doesn't remember, or care, about what was his first life about. Of course, he had an expiration date, and died. However, his spirit remained, and it would dissipate if O.S did not find a body. Being the unfeeling person he is, O.S took over the first person he found, essential killing their consciousness and replacing it with his. He turned wolf, and went back into the wild. Rinse and repeat across hundreds of years until he found a young abandoned child crying in a bush, seemingly abandoned by his parents. Since his wolf form wasn't affected by the person he was, he decided to put the child out of it's misery. Unfortunately, Loufe's brain was well-protected by his psychic powers. However, O.S spirit was also strong. Eventually, to preserve themselves, Loufe's magic somewhat combined the two, making them sort of share the same brain.
He wasn't sure how Loufe would react to his first meeting with someone being a failed murder, so he made Loufe think that his lack of control over his wolf side made him gain a second personality.
Eventually Loufe gave O.S his name: which stands for "Other self"

Hope this works. I'll fix anything I have to.
I asked for something unique and original and you certainly delivered. I'm so proud I might cry.
Thanks for joining! You're in, dude bro. Just one thing tho, I probably should have specified this- alignment means moral alignment. Same as in D&D. Like Chaotic Neutral or Lawful Evil, that sorta thing.
Regardless, great sheet! I was really confused at first but slowly started to understand the more i read.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Alias: Techno
Age/Gender: 15/F
Race: Japanese-American
Alignment: True Neutral
Personality: She’s got a pessimistic outlook on life. As far as she cares, she matters to no one, and no one matters to her. She’s on her own side, and hers alone. A stubborn piece of work, but has a logical mind, and can make tough ethical decisions without batting an eye. However, this makes her seem cold, and emotionless, like the technology she wields. In reality, she has a soft heart, and while slow to trust, once you get to know her, she’ll protect you with her life.
Flaws: Paraplegic. This has twisted her view of the world, causing her to become a sullen jerk at times. She views emotions as a weakness that must be overcome, and despises the fact that she can’t kill her heart.
Powers: Metal control (moderate in strength), technology control (moderate-severe in strength), tech savviness (is this even a power? Whatever)
Backstory: Hitori was a sickly child. By the time she was five, and still not walking, it became clear that she couldn’t move her legs, and never would have the ability to. Her caring father had died when she was younger, so she lived only with her mother, who cast her aside when she found out.

It was around the time of her abandonment when her power manifested. Suddenly she found that she could understand how tech worked just by touching it, and could navigate computers and other devices with ease. However, her talents were overlooked because of her useless legs. Determined to prove her abilities, she found scrap metal and constructed a wheelchair. Still, she was unwanted, and so she named herself in her father’s language; Hitori, or alone.

As her powers developed, so did her mind, body, and spirit, until she managed to create herself a pair of leg braces that allowed her to “walk.” With her disability out of the way, she could concentrate on creating new items with her skills, constructing many things out of metal. There was only so much she could do with scraps, though, so occasionally she would raid high-end science labs for parts she needed by disabling the security systems in a few short taps; of course, she did make sure to only steal from corrupt companies. Some people saw her as a criminal, some as a genius, and most as a nuisance. But she hasn’t given up on her dream to become a Paragon, and finally be seen as a member of society.

comic

Oof. I'm in a roleplay with an even bigger world already (and possibly another one if it isn't dead). And on top of that I have school and internship starting next week. It's a really interesting concept and giving such big creative liberty to everyone is really making me want to join. But I don't think I have time. I'm really sorry
It's all cool, godly bunbun.
Do aliens exist in this universe? I've had a character kicking around in my head for a while that would fit this RP, but part of that does involve aliens.
Hell yeah you can have aliens. Knock yourself out!
Alias: Techno
Age/Gender: 15/F
Race: Japanese-American
Alignment: True Neutral
Personality: She’s got a pessimistic outlook on life. As far as she cares, she matters to no one, and no one matters to her. She’s on her own side, and hers alone. A stubborn piece of work, but has a logical mind, and can make tough ethical decisions without batting an eye. However, this makes her seem cold, and emotionless, like the technology she wields. In reality, she has a soft heart, and while slow to trust, once you get to know her, she’ll protect you with her life.
Flaws: Paraplegic. This has twisted her view of the world, causing her to become a sullen jerk at times. She views emotions as a weakness that must be overcome, and despises the fact that she can’t kill her heart.
Powers: Metal control (moderate in strength), technology control (moderate-severe in strength), tech savviness (is this even a power? Whatever)
Backstory: Hitori was a sickly child. By the time she was five, and still not walking, it became clear that she couldn’t move her legs, and never would have the ability to. Her caring father had died when she was younger, so she lived only with her mother, who cast her aside when she found out.

It was around the time of her abandonment when her power manifested. Suddenly she found that she could understand how tech worked just by touching it, and could navigate computers and other devices with ease. However, her talents were overlooked because of her useless legs. Determined to prove her abilities, she found scrap metal and constructed a wheelchair. Still, she was unwanted, and so she named herself in her father’s language; Hitori, or alone.

As her powers developed, so did her mind, body, and spirit, until she managed to create herself a pair of leg braces that allowed her to “walk.” With her disability out of the way, she could concentrate on creating new items with her skills, constructing many things out of metal. There was only so much she could do with scraps, though, so occasionally she would raid high-end science labs for parts she needed by disabling the security systems in a few short taps; of course, she did make sure to only steal from corrupt companies. Some people saw her as a criminal, some as a genius, and most as a nuisance. But she hasn’t given up on her dream to become a Paragon, and finally be seen as a member of society.
Alright, I like her! Totally in, dawg. Welcome to le team.
If I made a villain, would it be a main character still?
If you wanted them to be. I'm allowing a ton of creative freedom, so if you want a villain to have just as much importance as a main hero, then go right ahead, brotato.

comic

How long have people had powers in this universe?
Hm... I'd say the earliest ones have probably had them a good... 7 years or so.
and also, can we have more than one character?
You can have as many as you like, but I'd recommend trying to limit yourself. Having a large cast can begin to get overwhelming. I once had 100+ characters on my roster in a roleplay before lol.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Alias: The Forgotten/Aroto
Age/Gender: ??? Male
Race: Human
Alignment: True neutral
Personality: Very fluid and pleasant, knows his way around people and very hard to get visibly mad.
Flaws: Other than training, he has no physical defense.
Powers:
Ageless: His cells regenerate fast enough to counteract the deterioration of his body, but not to give super healing
Erasure: The ability to immediately wipe the memory of an interaction afterwards, as soon as he leaves the sight of the individual he can chose what to erase and what to leave. The memories are completely gone.
Amnesia: This ability is harder for him to do, though he can spend a bit of time to completely erase the memory of himself from someones head
Backstory: Since the rise of superheros, Kerco has somewhat resented them, many thinking of them as gods, although really they had just grown out of control, like weeds. He intends to cut back those weeds, one way or another, giving control of the world back to those who have none of the advantages supers have been graced with.

Alias: Currently none (Though she has been called many thing, though rarely her name)
Age/Gender: Female. While she has been around for countless years, she has been asleep for most of it, she has experienced around 350 years of fully awake life, she has been semi-conscious for many hundred years. She would physically be 16-21.
Race: Human/Amulet
Alignment: Lawful Good
Personality: Can I develop this in the RP?
Flaws: Always bound to a Master, unable to wander far, limiting her in many ways.
Powers: She is permanently bound to a indestructible amulet, effectively making her immortal. Though she can be wounded, she can simply retreat into the jewelry to heal. She has the ability to store a great amount of smaller items in her living space (The necklace). She has the capability to use the amulet as a living space to do things such as cook, or sleep. She has trained to fight, cook, clean, bodyguard, and read and wright many languages. She can not leave a radius around her Master(Whoever wears the amulet) of 20 yards, forcing her to stay and care for whoever has her amulet.
Backstory: Lilian was a young lady, growing up in England, when she was forced into a ceremony, a spell cast upon her as a present to their leader. The cult was shortly thereafter raided and destroyed, her being one of the thing to be left as simple loot from the organization, not really aware of what happened outside of her prison without a master, only getting to glance the outside world so little, she was eventually gone down a chain, being bought by a rich noble, who found out and learned about her, greatly delighted in the new servant. Passed down as an air loom for four generations, a fairly well kept secret, her wearer died with no airs, though the name lived on through siblings, she had been unknown, afterwards being donated to a museum, where she sits, polished every so often, though she waits for the day where she can exit and feel the sun once more, even if it means going back to a life of service to a Master.

comic

Alias: The Forgotten/Aroto
Age/Gender: ??? Male
Alignment: True neutral
Personality: Very fluid and pleasant, knows his way around people and very hard to get visibly mad.
Flaws: Other than training, he has no physical defense.
Powers:
Ageless: His cells regenerate fast enough to counteract the deterioration of his body, but not to give super healing
Erasure: The ability to immediately wipe the memory of an interaction afterwards, as soon as he leaves the sight of the individual he can chose what to erase and what to leave. The memories are completely gone.
Amnesia: This ability is harder for him to do, though he can spend a bit of time to completely erase the memory of himself from someones head
Backstory: Since the rise of superheros, Kerco has somewhat resented them, many thinking of them as gods, although really they had just grown out of control, like weeds. He intends to cut back those weeds, one way or another, giving control of the world back to those who have none of the advantages supers have been graced with.

Alias: Currently none (Though she has been called many thing, though rarely her name)
Age/Gender: Female. While she has been around for countless years, she has been asleep for most of it, she has experienced around 350 years of fully awake life, she has been semi-conscious for many hundred years. She would physically be 16-21.
Race: Human/Amulet
Personality: Can I develop this in the RP?
Flaws: Always bound to a Master, unable to wander far, limiting her in many ways.
Powers: She is permanently bound to a indestructible amulet, effectively making her immortal. Though she can be wounded, she can simply retreat into the jewelry to heal. She has the ability to store a great amount of smaller items in her living space (The necklace). She has the capability to use the amulet as a living space to do things such as cook, or sleep. She has trained to fight, cook, clean, bodyguard, and read and wright many languages. She can not leave a radius around her Master(Whoever wears the amulet) of 20 yards, forcing her to stay and care for whoever has her amulet.
Backstory: Lilian was a young lady, growing up in England, when she was forced into a ceremony, a spell cast upon her as a present to their leader. The cult was shortly thereafter raided and destroyed, her being one of the thing to be left as simple loot from the organization, not really aware of what happened outside of her prison without a master, only getting to glance the outside world so little, she was eventually gone down a chain, being bought by a rich noble, who found out and learned about her, greatly delighted in the new servant. Passed down as an air loom for four generations, a fairly well kept secret, her wearer died with no airs, though the name lived on through siblings, she had been unknown, afterwards being donated to a museum, where she sits, polished every so often, though she waits for the day where she can exit and feel the sun once more, even if it means going back to a life of service to a Master.
nice. cool and unique, i like 'em!
and it's okay to skip out on some thing on the character sheet. i know the feeling of not having some things thought-out and wanting to roleplay it out instead.
alright, time for me to get in the hero action.

this man right here will be the leader of the Paragons- and yes, he's very Superman/Homelander esque, but fear not. he's nothing like Superman, or at least what Death Battle perceives Superman as. i know, not very original, but trust me- no superhero story is complete without one of these guys, whether they be good or bad.

CHARACTER SHEET
Alias: Patriot
Age/Gender: 37/Male
Race: Human...?
Personality: Patriot sets the example for The Paragons. His actions determine their actions, and his word weighs heaviest in their decisions. He's a bold, confident, and extremely powerful leader. A bit of a golden boy, to most he is seen as one of the greatest heroes of all time, and he's proud of that vision. To his closest friends, he's seen as a bit of an arrogant playboy for a flair with words. However, nobody truly knows what he gets up to in his spare time. He's actually rather seclusive when in his downtime.
Flaws: Aside from being a little more lustful than he probably should act, nobody can detect any other flaws within Patriot. He's almost perfect. Or so it seems.
Powers: Super speed, flight, super strength, enhanced durability, x-ray vision, heat vision, super breath, super senses, healing factor.
Backstory: Not much is known about Patriot. The official story is that he was raised in a good and proper home, growing to become a businessman before he discovered his powers, and completely ditched his previous life to serve and protect the world, taking up the moniker 'Patriot'. The unofficial story... well, that's to be discovered.

every good city has a good chief of police, and this world should be no different.

CHARACTER SHEET
Alias: N/A
Age/Gender: 32/Female
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Personality: Yin is a confident woman who doesn't know when to quit. She's worked along supers before, including the Paragons, but above all else, she doesn't agree with the way society views them. She personally sees them as a threat on the rise. Despite supers making most humans obsolete, this hasn't affected how Yin operates. She's too headstrong for that. She's respected among the superhero community as a good ally to have, even if she makes it clear she doesn't like or trust supers.
Flaws: She's been known to go a little too hard, get a little too obsessed, sleep a little too little. Her job comes before everything else, and that hurts any relationships she makes outside of it.
Powers: Basic human abilities, though she has varying martial arts training.
Backstory: Yin was born and raised in NYC, and even from a very young age she aspired to join law enforcement. She eventually got that wish, and even rose to the rank of Chief of Police in a surprisingly short time. Before her husband's death during a battle Patriot performed, she became more reclusive into her work than ever before.

with a classic villain trope to round out my roster, i conclude with...

CHARACTER SHEET
Alias: The Man With A Plan, Future Man, things like that.
Age/Gender: 65/Male
Alignment: Social Evil
Personality: Sly, cunning, charismatic, and manipulative. Charles Warren is a rich and powerful man, with a wide net of contacts. He secretly controls an underground crime syndicate, complete with his own paid paramilitary. To the public, however, he is a brilliant billionaire with ground-breaking inventions to showcase. He's a face the community can trust, and nobody knows who he truly is. Not yet, anyway.
Flaws: He'd say he had none, and that's possibly very true. He has no ties that can be used against him. He's a cool, level-headed man with a corrupt agenda and not a care for anyone but himself. To say he had no flaws would be a lie, but he certainly has no flaws that can be used against him.
Powers: None. He's just a normal man.
Backstory: Charles Warren was born into a life of poverty and disease, and when his parents died at an early age, he vowed to never live again in the world he'd been born into. His ambitions were great, even at such a young age, and he found ways to make friends in high places, even joining a paramilitary for hire in his teens. Eventually, through a vast array of untold illegal actions, Charles amassed an impressive wealth, and only continued to grow it, branching off from the mercenary life to become an innovator. A planner for the future. A future he envisioned for himself.

Last edited:

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney

Alias: Adapter

Age/Gender: Male, 23

Race: Human (Merged with Techno Organic Alien Lifeform)

Alignment: Neutral Good

Personality: Alan himself tries to emulate the superheroes of old media as much as he possibly can, while also maintaining a personal and likeable image. He'll do whatever he can to help those in need, being the typical goody two shoes. That being said, he can get pretty sarcastic and outright insult villains or heroes that seem to act on their own. However, in extreme cases, the techo organic life form that he uses may take control, and will simply turn into a killing machine, with the sole goal of wiping out the humans that wronged it, even if it kills Alan in the process.

Flaws:
-Without the suit, Alan is just as human as anyone else on the planet, meaning he can easily die if not careful. Most of the time, the alien organism will try and protect it's host from such things that could harm it, but it's no guarantee that he'll survive.

-The organism that he uses to power himself up is still a living being as well, and requires something to feed on to live. It mainly does this through absorbing electricity. If not well fed, it could easily lose all it's power, leaving Alan defenseless.

-As mentioned above, the lifeform that gives Alan his powers does have some form of sentience, and as a result, can sometimes influence Alan's movements and descions. For the most part, Alan is in control, but if he is in extreme danger, the suit will take complete control and do whatever it can to keep both itself and the host alive.

-if the Alien organism was to be detached from the piece of tech it was currently attached to, it would die. Right now, it is attached to Alan's mechanical arm, which is what allows Alan to use it in such a way.

Powers: Alan himself doesn't have any powers, he is just a regular run of the mill human. It's his living suit that gives him the ability to fight crime. When Alan needs to, he grips his left hand, which is mechanical due to an accident he suffered a few years back. Doing so releases a dark grey goo like substance that covers his body head to toe, and then hardens, becoming something like a battle armour. This grey armour is an alien organism that can adapt technology into itself, and either use the tech's abilities, or rework and weaponize them. For example, the first item it merged with was a common household speaker, giving it the ability to shoot soundwaves as an attack.

Backstory: The story of Alan Martinson is not an interesting one. He grew up as an regular person in this day and age. Often he would pour over old comics and movies, learning about what heroes are meant to be like from them, always considering them inspirations in his life. Eventually Alan at the age of 21 found himself working at a high end tech company, designing home entertainment products like televisions and speakers. It was here that he would suffer an accident causing him to lose his left arm. It would eventually get replaced by a mechanical one he designed himself in the lab.

However, something far darker was happening in the background of this company. Seeking alternative sources of power, the company turned their attention towards the skies. After a successful launch and return from one of their experimental rockets, they returned with a living being, something that was as powerful as it was deadly. It appeared as a sort of grayish goop. Every test under the sun was done to it, seeing if they could some how create power from it.

Eventually, after months of testing, the creature's rage towards the humans that captured it caused it to finally break loose. Weak, and trying to find a source of power, it scurried around the building, eventually finding a speaker in the home entertainment division. It merged with the speaker, giving it somewhere to hide as well as a chance to recharge itself. Alan of course had no idea what laid inside the experimental speaker he had been working on, and when he reached down to grab it with his mechanical arm, he never expected the Alien life form to latch onto him, and take complete control of his body. With a host, and new powers thanks to adapting the speaker, the Alien laid waste to the building, before eventually getting stopped by a group of heroes.

Alan was given back control, and despite numerous tests, they could find no way to remove the Alien from Alan's arm. So instead of living his life, afraid of this creature and power that lurked within himself, he looked back at the comics that inspired him, and spent the coming months to training himself and learning how to control the abilities of the alien. Eventually the Alien grew accustomed to living with the human that kept it safe, and though it never spoke, it's shown it's appreciation by keeping Alan safe from harm.

comic

Alias: Adapter

Age/Gender: Male, 23

Race: Human (Merged with Techno Organic Alien Lifeform)

Alignment: Neutral Good

Personality: Alan himself tries to emulate the superheroes of old media as much as he possibly can, while also maintaining a personal and likeable image. He'll do whatever he can to help those in need, being the typical goody two shoes. That being said, he can get pretty sarcastic and outright insult villains or heroes that seem to act on their own. However, in extreme cases, the techo organic life form that he uses may take control, and will simply turn into a killing machine, with the sole goal of wiping out the humans that wronged it, even if it kills Alan in the process.

Flaws:
-Without the suit, Alan is just as human as anyone else on the planet, meaning he can easily die if not careful. Most of the time, the alien organism will try and protect it's host from such things that could harm it, but it's no guarantee that he'll survive.

-The organism that he uses to power himself up is still a living being as well, and requires something to feed on to live. It mainly does this through absorbing electricity. If not well fed, it could easily lose all it's power, leaving Alan defenseless.

-As mentioned above, the lifeform that gives Alan his powers does have some form of sentience, and as a result, can sometimes influence Alan's movements and descions. For the most part, Alan is in control, but if he is in extreme danger, the suit will take complete control and do whatever it can to keep both itself and the host alive.

-if the Alien organism was to be detached from the piece of tech it was currently attached to, it would die. Right now, it is attached to Alan's mechanical arm, which is what allows Alan to use it in such a way.

Powers: Alan himself doesn't have any powers, he is just a regular run of the mill human. It's his living suit that gives him the ability to fight crime. When Alan needs to, he grips his left hand, which is mechanical due to an accident he suffered a few years back. Doing so releases a dark grey goo like substance that covers his body head to toe, and then hardens, becoming something like a battle armour. This grey armour is an alien organism that can adapt technology into itself, and either use the tech's abilities, or rework and weaponize them. For example, the first item it merged with was a common household speaker, giving it the ability to shoot soundwaves as an attack.

Backstory: The story of Alan Martinson is not an interesting one. He grew up as an regular person in this day and age. Often he would pour over old comics and movies, learning about what heroes are meant to be like from them, always considering them inspirations in his life. Eventually Alan at the age of 21 found himself working at a high end tech company, designing home entertainment products like televisions and speakers. It was here that he would suffer an accident causing him to lose his left arm. It would eventually get replaced by a mechanical one he designed himself in the lab.

However, something far darker was happening in the background of this company. Seeking alternative sources of power, the company turned their attention towards the skies. After a successful launch and return from one of their experimental rockets, they returned with a living being, something that was as powerful as it was deadly. It appeared as a sort of grayish goop. Every test under the sun was done to it, seeing if they could some how create power from it.

Eventually, after months of testing, the creature's rage towards the humans that captured it caused it to finally break loose. Weak, and trying to find a source of power, it scurried around the building, eventually finding a speaker in the home entertainment division. It merged with the speaker, giving it somewhere to hide as well as a chance to recharge itself. Alan of course had no idea what laid inside the experimental speaker he had been working on, and when he reached down to grab it with his mechanical arm, he never expected the Alien life form to latch onto him, and take complete control of his body. With a host, and new powers thanks to adapting the speaker, the Alien laid waste to the building, before eventually getting stopped by a group of heroes.

Alan was given back control, and despite numerous tests, they could find no way to remove the Alien from Alan's arm. So instead of living his life, afraid of this creature and power that lurked within himself, he looked back at the comics that inspired him, and spent the coming months to training himself and learning how to control the abilities of the alien. Eventually the Alien grew accustomed to living with the human that kept it safe, and though it never spoke, it's shown it's appreciation by keeping Alan safe from harm.
Cool, I like it! It's like his own personal Venom.

It's been less than a day and I can say with certainty that this is easily ready to begin. I'll let it remain open, as I think this world has plenty of room for many more people to join and enjoy.
Now, as a little personal tip from me when introducing your characters- you don't have to have a cool introductory scene. If you're struggling, you can always introduce your character alongside someone else, and kick off character interactions early, which is always a fun thing. You have autonomous freedom to build the world and its characters as you like, and once things start to cement themselves, we can all start discussing a basis story to begin following, if that works with ya'll.

comic

Aaaaand the RP is up.
Feel free to respond how you see fit. If you have any trouble, don't be afraid to ask for some help. Myself or your fellow roleplayers are here for that, after all. I want this to be a very community-based game, where we all work together to bring the story and characters together into something new and unique. I have faith that we'll do pretty good.

https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-paragons.23047/

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Alias: Infinity
Age/Gender: 2722 (looks about 20)/Male
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Personality: Four is a kind hearted and generous person. He would do anything to serve justice, even kill. He is a competent singer and a decent artist and he hates people who abuse their power and he isn't afraid to speak his mind.
Flaws: He has a weakness to lead that causes his physical traits to become weaker. Also he can be killed if enough damage ect is done he just comes back after.
Powers: Four has immortality and super human abilities. His immortality means that he doesn't age and technically can't die, when he dies, his body goes through a process of repair that takes five minutes and then he is alive again. Super human abilities means that he has super speed, strength, reflexes, healing and so on. Basically he is about one level below Patriot in terms of physical prowess.
Backstory: Four used to always want to do what was right. So when he manifested incredible abilities he knew exactly what he wanted to do with them. He began to fight crime wherever he found it of course it was easier to do back before technology was invented and his methods were almost the expected way to deal with crimes. But as the years went on people became less fond of his methods as he tended to kill any serious criminals but eventually his popularity grew again and people stopped caring what he did. His years of experience meant it wasn't hard for him to become a Paragon.

Last edited:
What can I say? I'm a sucker for superhero RPs.

Drake Lanthorn
Alias: Crosshair
Age/Gender: 35/Male
Personality: Crosshair is more of the quiet type. He doesn't talk much, and prefers to get the job done. When he focuses on a target, he goes after it with whatever he's got at his disposal. Is fond of lottery tickets, and drinks a little. He's not afraid to go outside the law, but knows how far he can stretch it without getting in trouble. It's clear he's gone through some crazy stuff. Crosshair isn't really that mainstream of a hero, preferring to work from the shadows. Not a fan of young heroes.
Appearance: Crosshair wears a black leather jacket, with a large red crosshair on the back. He wears combat boots and camo cargo pants, and underneath the jacket wears a vest that doubles as a ballistics vest and a stabproof vest. He stands about 6'1", and is very well built. He has scruffy black hair, and hazel eyes. He looks a little beat up, pretty much all the time. He carries quite a few pistols on him, as well as a knife and some assorted weapons in his jacket. Often carries around a large black duffel bag.
Flaws: More of a loner, not very sociable, doesn't like to get close to people because they might get hurt.
Powers: Super Luck - His power isn't really obvious at all, since he doesn't glow or anything when lucky things happen. Lucky things just happen. He can't really command lucky things to happen either. They just happen. He has figured out how to trigger it though. But his power is so subtle that most of the time people think that Crosshair doesn't have a power at all. Or if he does, it's something like a slight metalbending power or bullet-time power or something.
Backstory: Drake grew up being best friends with these kids that eventually gained superpowers. He would help them to fight crime in the city, but since he believed he didn't have powers, there wasn't much he could do. One day, those friends with powers Drake had vanished right in front of him. Drake was now pretty much alone, having ran away from home to help his friends and his friends now disappearing. But superpowered bad guys were still out there. So Drake went out and began to train himself in martial arts and guns. He always had a knack for firearms, ever since he was a kid and almost qualified for the junior Olympics for pistol. Eventually, Drake figured out he had powers, and devoted his life to fighting crime. That is his full time job. He currently lives from place to place, having small hidden bases. He makes his money busting things like drug operations and smuggling rings, getting money from that. He also gets money from winning small scratch-off lottery tickets. Nothing too big, as to not draw attention to himself. But enough to get by.

Alias: Magnetic
Age/Gender: 24/Male
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Personality: Serious, Stern, and slightly aloof, but this is just a outer shell, he can be caring and Kind, it takes time.
Flaws: He is a loner, scarred by past events that got a couple people close to him killed.
Powers: He has two main abilities.
Electromagnetism: He can charged himself, and that acts as a magnet, attracting any magnetic object (there are 10 or so metals that are magnetic including Samarium). His current range is 50 ft. He can also magnetize up to 700 lbs of metal.

Electrical Manipulation: He can also manipulate his Lightning, (please note odds of death by lightning strike is 10%) with a range of 100 ft, allowing him to divert the Electromagnetism with a different piece of metal, it lasts one hour when used in this way. Other uses of this ability are to stun someone, and if that doesn't work, take out a nearby tree.
Backstory: He was born into a powerless family, and started showing signs of it around age 5, when he and his parents were caught up in an armed robbery, trapped the robber in 250 lbs of metal from the stress of the event on the young child, a few years down the road, he had a crush on a girl named April, he asked her out, she said yes and all that, at age 17, she was killed in a villainous raid on their high school, the raider, the Masked Toad, who had the abilities of a Horned Toad, was utterly slaughtered by him in his grief and rage, along with anyone who assisted the raid, He is currently trying to figure out why the Masked Toad conducted that raid that day. Unfortunately, the Villains have placed a 1,700,000 dollar bounty (dead, 5,150,000 if alive) on him, making it virtually impossible for him to find out why.

Alias: The Planted Guardian
Age/Gender: 39/Male
Alignment: Netural Evil
Personality: He may seem kind on the outside, but deep down he is dark, with a seriously bad intentions.
Flaws: He has about a much sense of direction as a lost puppy, and has an obsession with plants.
Powers:
Plant Manipulation: He can manipulate plants, from the smallest flowers to the Dragon trees of Madagascar, and his plant manipulation is quite literal, so if he manipulates a Dragon tree, dragons or Equivalent, albeit very tiny ones, will grow from it.
Backstory: He was a villain in the same syndicate as The Masked Toad, but was not assigned to the raid on the high school. He was lucky, since none of the villains on that raid survived, he then started working on making mutations on plants.

Alias: Lights Out.
Age/Gender: 21/Female
Personality: She is a kindhearted, caring person, with a sweetness to her.
Flaws: The kindness can be used against her, and her powers knock her blind for a little bit.
Powers:
Lights Out: She shares her power with her Alias, the power itself draws all light to her for 2 minutes, causing a black out in the affected area, (See the RP 'Above the Clouds' if you want to see how both Adrianna and Logan's powers work.) When the black out ends, she loses most of her vision for thirty minutes.
Backstory: Adrianna was born to a family whose power was Lights out and at age 14, she became the next Lights Out after her older sister was killed in the Villain raid in, she could be a potential recruit for the Paragons.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Bad Guy yay!

Alias: None, but most people call it Massi (Short for massacre)
Age/Gender: ???
Race: Well, he was human. Currently though, he's just a husk for a parasite.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral/Evil
Personality: Hard to describe, since it's awfully sporadic. Normally quiet and distant, and hates contact with anyone. It's easily angered and will kill you if bothered, but is equally likely to flee if he finds the fight difficult.
Flaws: The parasite is not an intelligent creature. It's learning little by little, but rarely plans ahead and is prone to mindless rampages. While his regenerative ability makes physical attacks useless, and most magic barely effective, temperature change affects him immensely. Burns and Frostbite are slow to regenerate. Heat weakens him, and the cold slows him.
Powers:
Think the aliens from Parasyte. Massi can control his host's body, opening their insides to attack with blades or the occasional weapon. He's hard to kill thanks to his healing factor and pain tolerance. He can even change his appearance and voice, but he finds it difficult to imitate personalities.
While technically not cannibalism, Massi's diet is primarily humans. While he can survive on other food, human meat and blood give him a power boost and his healing factor is increased significantly, if only for a bit. While healthy humans are useful for the boost, Massi goes for sick humans, since he'll temporarily gain their illness and be able to spread it to enemies, being immune to it himself.
Backstory:
With superhumans popping up left a right, scientists began wondering if it was possible to give a regular person powers. To answer this, a lab was created as to find means of giving super human abilities to normal people. However, they went through a different means of that.
They made a parasite, a benign one that was supposed to connect to someone's nervous system, and live off them without being life-threatening.
The crazy DNA and power in the parasite would allow equally crazy manipulation of the human body, from changing appearances to growing extra limbs, to super strong stomach acids. However, the power contained in the small parasite proved to be detrimental, the first subject it was injected into melted, dying along with the protoparasite. The rest were burned soo after.
So, to alleviate this problem, the scientists gave the parasites a weak form of sentience, a simple AI if you will, so that the parasite would be able to hold it's power until it was linked with the more controlled subject. Once again, it's power mucked things up, advancing its sentience further than expected and giving it an intense feeling of bloodlust.
It was injected into a human subject, and it used it's power to essentially kick them out of their own body and moving in. Now much more powerful, it proceeded to kill every scientist around, and acid spit the place to the ground, even melting other parasites that were being prepared. When the authorities arrived, the parasite now dubbed Massi was gone. The incident was swept under the rug pretty quickly, chalked up to an acid experiment gone horribly wrong. People have noted that the line of disappearances of people and sudden appearances of Massi started soon after the "accident", but nothing has been confirmed.
As it is, Massi is currently hiding out in New York, rarely going out except to feed. He acts like a savage animal for now, but he's learning, slowly studying the people around and imitating their actions. His current objectives are unknown, but they're likely not peaceful.

Last edited:

comic

So, can someone volunteer to get Lily soon? I would like a reassurance that she gets in the RP.
i'll make an introductory post for our boi Chuck, you ain't gotta worry.
What can I say? I'm a sucker for superhero RPs.

Drake Lanthorn
Alias: Crosshair
Age/Gender: 35/Male
Personality: Crosshair is more of the quiet type. He doesn't talk much, and prefers to get the job done. When he focuses on a target, he goes after it with whatever he's got at his disposal. Is fond of lottery tickets, and drinks a little. He's not afraid to go outside the law, but knows how far he can stretch it without getting in trouble. It's clear he's gone through some crazy stuff. Crosshair isn't really that mainstream of a hero, preferring to work from the shadows. Not a fan of young heroes.
Appearance: Crosshair wears a black leather jacket, with a large red crosshair on the back. He wears combat boots and camo cargo pants, and underneath the jacket wears a vest that doubles as a ballistics vest and a stabproof vest. He stands about 6'1", and is very well built. He has scruffy black hair, and hazel eyes. He looks a little beat up, pretty much all the time. He carries quite a few pistols on him, as well as a knife and some assorted weapons in his jacket. Often carries around a large black duffel bag.
Flaws: More of a loner, not very sociable, doesn't like to get close to people because they might get hurt.
Powers: Super Luck - His power isn't really obvious at all, since he doesn't glow or anything when lucky things happen. Lucky things just happen. He can't really command lucky things to happen either. They just happen. He has figured out how to trigger it though. But his power is so subtle that most of the time people think that Crosshair doesn't have a power at all. Or if he does, it's something like a slight metalbending power or bullet-time power or something.
Backstory: Drake grew up being best friends with these kids that eventually gained superpowers. He would help them to fight crime in the city, but since he believed he didn't have powers, there wasn't much he could do. One day, those friends with powers Drake had vanished right in front of him. Drake was now pretty much alone, having ran away from home to help his friends and his friends now disappearing. But superpowered bad guys were still out there. So Drake went out and began to train himself in martial arts and guns. He always had a knack for firearms, ever since he was a kid and almost qualified for the junior Olympics for pistol. Eventually, Drake figured out he had powers, and devoted his life to fighting crime. That is his full time job. He currently lives from place to place, having small hidden bases. He makes his money busting things like drug operations and smuggling rings, getting money from that. He also gets money from winning small scratch-off lottery tickets. Nothing too big, as to not draw attention to himself. But enough to get by.
Crosshair. it's like Domino and Deadshot had a kid- and it works.
Alias: Magnetic
Age/Gender: 24/Male
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Personality: Serious, Stern, and slightly aloof, but this is just a outer shell, he can be caring and Kind, it takes time.
Flaws: He is a loner, scarred by past events that got a couple people close to him killed.
Powers: He has two main abilities.
Electromagnetism: He can charged himself, and that acts as a magnet, attracting any magnetic object (there are 10 or so metals that are magnetic including Samarium). His current range is 50 ft. He can also magnetize up to 700 lbs of metal.

Electrical Manipulation: He can also manipulate his Lightning, (please note odds of death by lightning strike is 10%) with a range of 100 ft, allowing him to divert the Electromagnetism with a different piece of metal, it lasts one hour when used in this way. Other uses of this ability are to stun someone, and if that doesn't work, take out a nearby tree.
Backstory: He was born into a powerless family, and started showing signs of it around age 5, when he and his parents were caught up in an armed robbery, trapped the robber in 250 lbs of metal from the stress of the event on the young child, a few years down the road, he had a crush on a girl named April, he asked her out, she said yes and all that, at age 17, she was killed in a villainous raid on their high school, the raider, the Masked Toad, who had the abilities of a Horned Toad, was utterly slaughtered by him in his grief and rage, along with anyone who assisted the raid, He is currently trying to figure out why the Masked Toad conducted that raid that day. Unfortunately, the Villains have placed a 1,700,000 dollar bounty (dead, 5,150,000 if alive) on him, making it virtually impossible for him to find out why.

Alias: The Planted Guardian
Age/Gender: 39/Male
Alignment: Netural Evil
Personality: He may seem kind on the outside, but deep down he is dark, with a seriously bad intentions.
Flaws: He has about a much sense of direction as a lost puppy, and has an obsession with plants.
Powers:
Plant Manipulation: He can manipulate plants, from the smallest flowers to the Dragon trees of Madagascar, and his plant manipulation is quite literal, so if he manipulates a Dragon tree, dragons or Equivalent, albeit very tiny ones, will grow from it.
Backstory: He was a villain in the same syndicate as The Masked Toad, but was not assigned to the raid on the high school. He was lucky, since none of the villains on that raid survived, he then started working on making mutations on plants.

Alias: Lights Out.
Age/Gender: 21/Female
Personality: She is a kindhearted, caring person, with a sweetness to her.
Flaws: The kindness can be used against her, and her powers knock her blind for a little bit.
Powers:
Lights Out: She shares her power with her Alias, the power itself draws all light to her for 2 minutes, causing a black out in the affected area, (See the RP 'Above the Clouds' if you want to see how both Adrianna and Logan's powers work.) When the black out ends, she loses most of her vision for thirty minutes.
Backstory: Adrianna was born to a family whose power was Lights out and at age 14, she became the next Lights Out after her older sister was killed in the Villain raid in, she could be a potential recruit for the Paragons.
okay! three peeps! i like 'em.
Bad Guy yay!

Alias: None, but most people call it Massi (Short for massacre)
Age/Gender: ???
Race: Well, he was human. Currently though, he's just a husk for a parasite.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral/Evil
Personality: Hard to describe, since it's awfully sporadic. Normally quiet and distant, and hates contact with anyone. It's easily angered and will kill you if bothered.
Flaws: The parasite is not an intelligent creature. It's learning little by little, but rarely plans ahead and is prone to mindless rampages
Powers:
Think the aliens from Parasyte. Massi can control his host's body, opening their insides to attack with blades or the occasional weapon. He's hard to kill thanks to his healing factor and pain tolerance. He can even change his appearance and voice, but he finds it difficult to imitate personalities.
Backstory:
Unknown. The host was a normal person, until a random parasite attack and took over his body. The parasite acts like it's a normal human to prevent suspicion, but has killed people on occasion. He hasn't been caught yet, since it changes in appearance after every murder.
His purpose is unknown, but whether it's peaceful is highly doubtful.
attack of the body snatchers, yo lol