• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Paragons - Act I

Crosshair stayed pressed against the wall as Ryg spoke once again in his head. The vigilante began to furiously scan the sky above the alleyway he was hiding. How did one hide from a telepath? A flying telepath, with bug wings, much more? Some ideas began to go through his mind, even though the question was rhetorical. Lead blocked a lot of things, perhaps it could shield him? But it wasn't like Crosshair had a lead helmet or suit lying around in this alleyway.

One can't hide. There weren't many people who had psychic powers in this city. There was that trash kid, but he certainly didn't have any wings. It could be that 'Silent Night' vigilante he had heard about. Could shapeshift wings, and while he hadn't found if the other vigilante could do telepathic communication, his research had found that the shapeshifter did have telekinetic ability. So Crosshair couldn't rule Silent Night out. But then again, there was also a possibility of whoever was speaking to him was someone new.

As Crosshair scanned the sky, he watched as a few birds began to settle. Well, just one bird. Some sort of white pigeon. The vigilante went back to scanning the sky, and a few moments later a strange feeling began to spread through his body. It felt... good. Warm. This wasn't normal. Crosshair touched his face to find that the cuts and bruises were beginning to heal themselves at a very rapid pace. Looking around, Crosshair was unable to locate a source of the healing energy.

But before he could dwell on it, Crosshair noitced a humming noise. Looking up, Crosshair watched as a costume humanoid, dressed in a mask, cloak, and purple and blue clothes. As expected, insect-like wings slowly lowered him towards the ground. From the reports Crosshair had read, this seemed to fit the description of Silent Night. Crosshair relaxed, still holding his pistol but keeping it pointed to the ground as he leaned against the wall of the alleyway. Although he was still slowly being healed, he still looked terrible. He had quite a lot of blood on his face and clothes, and his clothes also looked rather torn up. Crosshair didn't speak, watching as Silent Night descended.

It was as Silent Night descended that Crosshair noticed them. A girl, crouched not too far away on the street. It looked like she had been trying to hide herself... But she was watching him. How long had she been there? Was she the origin of the healing energy? It seemed likely.

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Hitori’s breath caught in her throat when she realized Aroto hadn’t left the alley yet. She whirled as Necrodytis ran at him, then stopped suddenly as if confused. What happened? Why did she— Loufe was still on the attack, though. No time to think about that now. She had to either break up the fight and attempt to talk their way out of it, run away again, or... find a less pleasant way to handle the situation. She chewed her lower lip. Well, before I figure out what the hell we’re gonna do about this, I have to make sure Loufe doesn’t get himself killed. Dammit! She shook her head in frustration, most of which was directed at herself, as she rifled through her pockets for something useful, completed. She came up empty; all she had were a few wires and some spent batteries. All I can do with this is... well, nothing, really, can’t charge jack squat with dead batteries.

Hitori threw the useless batteries to the side and flicked her wrist to release the blades in her gauntlets. She had made a few upgrades, taking the liberty to imbue the blades with an electric charge, but she knew she’d have to be careful — graze the side of the wrong type of building and she could electrocute Loufe as well as Necrodytis. She activated her leg braces, using metalkinesis to boost her jumping ability, setting herself up to ricochet off the wall of the nearest building to land behind Necrodytis.

Ansel

Having added Telekine-Kid to their little party, the Kid quickly broke off from Ansel and Shuzo- Leaving Ansel to do a quick tour. Mostly just "This leads to the medical ward. Where we should go. After the meeting." They could've probably squeezed in a checkup if Ansel didn't take a detour to find some sunglasses. To cover up his black eye, of course. Appearance meant a lot, and coming into a meeting beat up as hell did not leave a good look.

The meeting room was something of a crowning gem within the Paragon tower. The inside of it was absolutely dressed up to the nines. This was for more formal, public meetings, though something told Ansel that this was not gonna be a very public meeting. Still, on camera or otherwise, wasn't it best to always look your best?

"I got some awards up on the walls, y'know. I'm pretty proud of em'." Ansel told his apparent new friend. "Mostly about putting out fires. Not so much fighting crime and all that. Unless you count fires as criminals." He decided to not let awkward silence follow that joke. "This meeting is a bit weird though. Spurn of the moment. We usually have monthly ones, inviting in the press and all to talk about things. Crime rate increasing or decreasing, sometimes when someone reels in a bad dude, stuff like that. It's pretty obvious this isn't your standard thing though. He had me call it in. And I'm only number three. In- In my head, not officially. The number two is Infinity since, y'know, he's way older and has that whole un-killable thing. And uh, number one's obviously Patriot. But that Telekine-Kid and now you- Pretty damn tough competition."

He had quickly lost his train of thought. Then went back to, oh right, weird meeting.

"But yeah I don't think there's gonna be press here today. Maybe it'll get forwarded to the police chief, but Patriot could've invited her back there too..."

@OmnipotentOnion @comic
-----
Celice

The statement confused Celice. Did Lady imagine getting beaten up by Patriot? Was it an event she remembered? But if she had died, then why was she clearly alive? Not only just alive either- She hadn't had any scars or wounds that would implicate such a fierce encounter. Unless she received some sort of miraculous emergency treatment, Lady wouldn't be in her arms right about now.

"Hey, come on. It's fine. He's not here, see? Come on, I got you." She made sure Lady had gotten steadily on her feet. "Don't worry, he can't hurt you. He's probably too busy smiling in front of cameras right about now. Maybe doesn't even know you're alive." Celice gave Lady a pat on the shoulder, an action that was probably not reassuring, before turning back to the King. Who seemed thoroughly unimpressed by her spiel.

"Look kid- Sorry, King. I'm gonna drop the act now. I just need you to tell me that gown's history. That's something you can do, right? It wasn't just crazy rumor? I'm giving you that whole backpack full of scrap for doing this. I mean, that giant trash monster could use a few more sharp objects, yeah?" She pinched the bridge of her nose, expecting the worst. "I get that you're busy, so maybe I can throw in an errand or something too. You said you liked ice cream, right? Maybe I can get you a tub or two of it. Scratch my back, I scratch yours, right?"

@comic @Shen: King of the Mist
-----
Necrodytis

For a moment, Necrodytis wasn't sure why she was upset.

She was still upset, though. Just couldn't pin down why. Necrodytis had been talking about the deal, they refused to take payment or stop their actions, but would continue protecting her identity. Then she had, for some reason, integrated her blood into the gauntlets. But why? It had been unfortunate circumstances prior, but it hadn't devolved to that point...

Though as a wolf man soared towards her, she figured this was not as important to figure out. They had somehow set her up, and after striking back, they were seemingly getting locked into a full on fight...As Loufe's now lupine body came at her, she simply slashed as he approached. If it went well, his innards would be rotting in a few moments. Though something else interrupted that- A cursory glance showed that Techno was moving in as well.

A pincer maneuver? This was not ending well for Necrodytis, but she had to pull through. What else would she do? Run again?

No. There would be no more running.

In perhaps a risky move, she swung around to face where Techno would be heading towards her. She wasn't certain if she had gored the werewolf-esper (Whatever they were, Necrodytis still wasn't certain), but her attack likely forced him back, giving her time to face Techno.

"I hope you both know negotiations have ended. Your executions have just begun!!"

@Gamingfan @=Nightshade=
-----
Skade

Once again, Foster let out a ton of factoids that passed through one of Skade's ears and out the other. Expensive babies, resistant constructed materials, simulated environments- It was just jargon that meant nothing to the herald.

Though the time he spent explaining did give her time to think of a decent question to entertain herself.

"Foster, a question. Purely theoretical. Let's say all these children somehow escaped the facility. I'm not certain how- As I said, theoretical. All these children get out into the real world, and once again somehow it was nigh impossible to recapture them. Do you believe this would be destructive for the world? Or a boon for the world? Perhaps even creating more of those 'shields' of humanity." She flashed a smile, as she stared at the empty training room. "Would Warren wish to dispose of them as quickly as possible? Would he be forced to make more of these children to eventually counter the escaped ones? And if those ones escaped, would he make more? As I said, it's theoretical- But it is entertaining to think that he would paradoxically produce more children. Unless he would have some other way of dealing with it. Like Ignizio and I."

She hadn't broken her gaze, but Skade continued to go on. "Or does he have failsafes we simply have not spotted yet? Such as the breathing beast. Surely he has also pondered this theoretical." If Warren was all he was cracked up to be at least. After all, if a bored Skade came up with it in half a minute or so, surely he could've come up with it too.

@comic @OmnipotentOnion

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
The trash prince seemed surprised by the sudden change of tone by Celice. Only having after asking what the value was in these gifts did she seemed to show her true colors. Scud, the trash can kid growled.

“Ey! How dare you talk to da boss likes dat! Lemme deal with these dollies!”

“Hang on there a sec.” Prince Percy held his hand up to him for him to stand down, intrigued by this sudden shift. “To tell ya the truth, I like moxy and I like getting straight the the point. Mind games get all topsy turvy and bleh! You see upworlder, I can do what you ask, though I have terms.”

He leaped off his chair, striding toward them, a certain air of pride in his step.

“First of all, I want you upworlders to actually recognize us as a foreign power. No more shall we be ignored! We shall be on every map! Bwhahahaha! ...That and the ice cream sounds good too. Mkay? Mkay.”

He twirled the gown around on his finger, playing the fact they needed something from him rather well, at least in his own twisted little mind.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Having reached the area, Ryg slowed down the flaps of his wings as he descended onto the ground, bringing them to a halt as he landed and letting them dissolve and move back into his body. The first sight was the person who he had talked to telepathically; a fellow vigilante it seems like. Though, he didn't really know his name, as Ryg didn't really have that much interest in the other vigilantes, not even the Paragons. Although, he did knew somewhat more about the Paragon as it is a topic often talked about among people.

Ryg just gave a simple nod over to the hero, seeing as they were already getting all healed up, which Ryg assumed was just a type of natural regeneration. Ryg then sniffed around the air, similar to an animal, as his senses were greatly superior to that of a human's considering he was an alien, and used his inhuman speed to dash to the source of this lingering smell of iron and smoke, finding the scene at hand. It wasn't really much to comment on, though it did certainly look like one hell of a fight went on here. Ryg hoped not too many innocent people were hurt, but only time (and the news) would tell.

Not really being able to do much here other than get a general, if not vague idea of what ocurred, Ryg dashed back to where he had landed and thought for a moment. Maybe it could potentially be a bad idea, but really.. heroes have to stick together, right? Well, if Ryg was going to pick up this whole vigilante gig and kick it into full-gear, he'll atleast need some allies and can't just go solo constantly.

Deciding on what to do, Ryg turned to Crosshair and went to walk closer to the hero, approaching him. " Guess my intuition was right. There were injured people, you seem to be one of them. " Ryg noted, looking at Crosshair, trying his best to not show his disgust at the heavy stench of iron from the sheer amount of blood. " I can't tell how many people you fought with, if any at all, but if there's some battle like that going on again, I can assist. If you agree, I can give you my work number for you to call. What do you say? " @Captain Cardboard

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Charles Warren
He merely nodded at Chrome's herald inquiry, before being informed they had someone they were collecting along this walk. Mildly intrigued, Warren gestured for Chrome to lead the way and they began walking once again, traversing through the halls. If there was any notable differences between Warren's facilities and Chrome's, aside from style, it was the people. It was hard to walk down a hall without seeing at least a dozen different researches back in New York, yet here, it was a rarity to pass by even a single researcher. That didn't mean Chrome didn't have more, but he was clearly less staffed than the billionaire.
However, they finally arrived in the living quarters when coming to a stop in front of a door that proceeded to slide to the left with a mechanical hiss, revealing the room beyond.

@The Dark Fairy

CL-9
"Well, yes and no. This portion of Warren's facilities- his basement -are reserved for living spaces. This is merely a small portion of the size of his underground facilities. There is so much more." The android informed her companion, before looking away for a moment, her expression betraying conflict. "I'm... not sure why, but I have this keen urge to investigate this supposed 'God' trapped in the lower levels of Warren's labs." Her gaze fell back upon Lilian. "You wouldn't happen to have this same curiosity, would you? Is this normal?"

@The Dark Fairy

Patriot
"No." Patriot replied to Deluge, seemingly surprising the supers as they somehow hadn't noticed the Paragon leader in the room as well, having been standing in front of the blank wall, staring at it when they'd entered. "This is strictly Paragon business. The press will be briefed when the time comes, and the Chief would just get in the way. In fact, it's actually rather perfect that you decided to accept my offer, Sparkblade." He informed the newest member of the Paragons. "You're more than just a new recruit. You have connections to the less... public side of the superhero world. Your work with the Double Drakons? Love it. Fast. Efficient. You know how to strike fear in your enemy without even having to show your face. Not to mention minimal property damage- until the Chief showed up and started tossing grenades around like some sort of lunatic with her force of... what was it she called them? Oh, that's right!" He snapped his fingers as he grinned. "The 'Real Heroes' of New York. Right. Cute little nickname, but... completely untrue. Anyway, I won't go into detail just yet, but you're going to be instrumental in assisting us take down our latest adversary. More on that once the rest of the team arrives..." He frowned at this, turning away to the blank wall and pressing a barely noticeable button on it. Immediately, the wall sparked to life, revealing itself as a screen. A map of the world, which quickly zoomed in on the city they resided in.

There were several flashing green dots on the map, three of which were on Paragon tower, but the remainder didn't seem to be heading their way, making Patriot purse his lips, before glancing back at Sparkblade, quickly seeing the assumption in his eyes of the purpose of this map. "Don't worry." He assured Sparkblade. "It's not tracking chips or anything. Just small devices we Paragons tend to wear. They're very helpful in tracking one another down, but purely optional. You aren't required to have one. Show him yours, Ansel." Patriot ordered the water-elemental super before turning back to the map and stroking his chin as Telekine-kid entered the room, quietly taking a seat, appearing rather nervous, considering like Sparkblade, this would be his first meeting.

@BurbleBurble @OmnipotentOnion

Damian Foster
The researcher stared at her for a moment, before he shrugged with his eyebrows. "Mr. Warren considers every possibility and plans accordingly. The particular act you're addressing falls under code 288-A8B of article 75. I won't quote the actual code to you, but to put in layman's terms, every subject within these facilities has a microchip placed expertly into the hippocampus of their brains. The only purpose of these chips is to erupt upon activation, and can be done singularly or net-wide. Basically, it'd blow up their heads and destroy their brains. While this is a sound contingency plan, I'm sure you two are aware as well as I am that there are those who can recover from a blown head. I've offered some notes for a new contingency plan named 'code 288-A8B-2 under article 75' to deal with such individuals and simply feed them to the breathing pit." He informed, and by the time he finished, a door opened on the other end of the training grounds, and children began filing into the expansive room, led by an instructor wearing military garments, barking orders at the children who all obediently complied.

"Oh right. I forgot to mention that we drill obedience and loyalty into their minds from the moment they're born or created. This obviously won't work for all of them, but there will be those who remain fiercely loyal to us no matter what we do to them. After all, it's all they know, right?"

Shuzo

As Patriot entered the conversation, Shuzo seemed to stiffen up ever so slightly, visibly in a constant battle to suppress his irritation at the hero. Despite the compliments the Paragon leader gave, the now-former vigilante reacted with... no reaction, as he folded his arms over his chest while listening. The Double Drakons had been a constant pain throughout many of his vigilante-ing years; having been funded by multiple corrupt corporations and able to get their hands on the most destructive weapons on the market every time they came out, it seemed for a while that if Shuzo wasn't directly putting a stop to their arms deals, he was instead cleaning up the mess they had made. Patriot's mention of a new adversary seemed.... rather dull, to be honest, but he supposed he could stay patient and wait for the leader to give more information on that matter. Shuzo seemed slightly wary of the tracking devices the Paragons wore, but he remained silent as he continued to wait for the others.

Ignizio

Ignizio's eyes shifted across the line of children now forming before them, withholding a derisive snort as he scanned the so-called 'army of the future'. It seemed that despite all of its technological advances, humanity remained unchanged aside from the few outliers at Warren's disposal. The discovery of powered individuals who could rend continents to pieces had only spurred humanity to pursue control over the new population, and the primitive nature of such means never ceased to disappoint.

The children were all diverse; one with multiple horns and spikes protruding from his body, one with wooden blocks hovering around her, smothered in an ominous, purple aura, one completely composed of steel, and many more. Ignizio watched them monotonously, rubbing his chin before speaking.

"This is quite the 'army' you have, indeed, but I am unconvinced that they will be as entertaining to me, despite how strong you claim them to be. However, there is one among them whose abilities I wish to assess in full."

July 16, 2029 - 4 years ago

"I understand you had a concern about a certain subject?" Footsteps. Echoing throughout the dark room, permeating the glass chamber.

"Yes, Mr. Warren. Subject 8733." A voice. Pretty. Unfamiliar.

"From what I hear, he has shown outstanding proficiency among the others, has he not? What is there to be concerned about?"

"Well, he has, but there has been a recent development of traits, denoting some sort of..... sadism. The toys given to all subjects: his were incinerated on contact, with clear, deliberate intent. Not only has his behavior gone worse, but as his powers grow, he has also exhibited a feral nature, attacking those around him. Multiple others, subjects and instructors alike, have also sustained high-temperature injuries that put many out of commission for a maximum of months. With all due respect, sir, I believe that Subject 8733 is dangerous, even for this project you have prepared—"

"You did not answer my question, Mrs. Martinez. What is there to be concerned about? If this is why you requested I come here, I'd rather you wasted no more of my time."

Meanwhile, a boy, covered in bright, blue fire that danced atop his head as well as around his arms and legs, closed his eyes and feigned unconsciousness, listening closely. What was her deal, anyway? Why did his 'bad behavior' matter so much to her? After all, anyone who couldn't withstand his fire was weak, and there was no use for the weak. 'Army of the Future' or not, there was no place for weakness anywhere, and there especially wasn't any place for it here.

That, and..... well, most of all, it just felt really, really good.

Last edited:

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Dr Chrome lead Warren onward to the living quarters, knocking on the door in two sets of four when they arrived. He stopped a moment as shuffling could be heard inside, the door opened to reveal a girl, who looked to be a older teenager. At this point Dr Chrome spoke to her “We need a demonstration for Mr Warren here.” The girl nodded, grabbing a jacket from beside the door before leaving her room to join the two out in the hall.

Lilian looked at CL-9, she was curious, but at the same time, Warren was the master of both of them... “I am curious, but I don’t know if it’s wise to try...” she trailed of, her face scrunched, a god in the basement? It was possible, after all, she had been constantly amazed since waking up in this new era “Could we go down without Warren knowing?”

Kerco walked down the street, there weren't many people here, but enough to keep hidden from any threats that would endanger him. He made his way past an intersection and stopped at a coffee place, buying himself a hot chocolate. He sipped his new drink as he set of in a different direction than before, passing a small town that some of his contacts lived in, not that they would recognize him from looking out the window. After he completed his winding path around the city, he arrived at his house, he could tell from his interactions with many they thought he lived on the streets, with stashes everywhere, and he did what he could to credit those rumors. He threw his cup into the trash as he passed it, he headed off two his room, where he marked an extra check in his notebook, containing multiple letters and pairs of letters next to boxes before walking across the hall, seeing his roommate on her computer, without the lights on of course. He reached over and flicked the light on "You know thats bad for your eyes?"

Ansel

Patriot had taken notice of the two's conversation- Or rather, Ansel's one sided attempt of conversation. Patriot was happy to reveal a panel, which then revealed three blips within the tower. Yes, the Paragon tracking system! Well, tracking was a generous statement, considering that the blips had no other context to them other than whoever had them were likely Paragons. It could've been a petty thief who swiped a tracker, but that was fairly unlikely.

Patriot prompted Ansel to show off his own. "Oh, sure. It's about...Uh..." Where did he put the darned thing? "Ah! Here." He popped off a small, round chip from the underside of his left forearm. "See? Tiny, and, err, sticky. Probably shouldn't of pulled it off."

Ansel struggled to stick the chip back on, obviously taking a few attempts to do so. "Yeah, there's nothing about who wears them or anything on the map. We're all just green blips in the end of the day! And it's just convenience, and stuff. Like if someone gets captured or something, or are clearly in a weird place. Or to see that no one is actually coming to the meeting you called..." He mumbled that last bit, clearly a little...miffed. "Anyways, it's not essential. You're not exactly an...orthodox...Paragon. Not that that's a problem or anything, I mean who is an orthodox Paragon, and- Stuff." He quickly changed gears from his awkward bringing up of Sparkblade's Paragon status. "Geez, where is everyone? Can't have a Paragon meeting with only four Paragons..."

@OmnipotentOnion @comic
-----
Celice

Recognize them as a foreign power? What was the kid on about?! Who did he even think she was? A president or something?

...Then again, maybe she wouldn't have to see him again after this...

"Uh, deal!" She said, accepting Percy's nigh-impossible to do deal. "So, you're gonna see whatever that gown has seen, right? Does it take awhile to do that, or...If you touch it and want to see the vision, you just get it's memories, or..."

She didn't care about how it worked, or the ten dollars she'd pay to get a duo of ice cream tubs, or whatever map she was going to draw on to convince the trash king he ruled over a sovereign nation. All she cared about was whatever that gown had seen. Which was hopefully a lot. Or a name, or number, or address...Actually, she realized now that this kid's abilities may of not worked in the way she thought they would.

Well, if she left the sewer today empty handed, she'd at least be able to claim it wasn't from lack of trying. Certainly there was still other ways of going about finding out who this girl was...she just had zero idea where to start otherwise. Police missing persons registry? Stealing papers from the Paragon tower?

...Yeah, she really hoped this would work.

@Shen: King of the Mist
-----
Skade

Hearing Foster's explanation made Skade snort. Of course, humans had simply made a system to reduce their fragile brains to mush if they stepped out of line. Though considering the resources they seemed to pour into these children, it seemed that was more of a last resort than actual option. Whatever the case, it certainly stopped the scenario Skade proposed from occurring. And if they somehow survived, Foster seemed happy to have the children tossed directly into the beastly pit. Of course, perhaps a powerful child could kill the beast, but Skade did not let this out. If such a scenario were to occur, she'd be happy to observe it.

Ignizio hadn't been quite as grasped by Skade's proposal though. He had been concerned with the variety of children in training. He promptly pointed out one in particular, with blue flame dancing around their small form, even taking place of the boy's hair. It was odd to see Ignizio intrigued by lowly beings, though Skade couldn't quite judge. For in fact, she too had become fascinated by a child.

Actually, it was quite obvious who Skade was singling out. A girl who looked awfully like herself, even in powerset. Nothing more than a striking coincidence, but coincidence or not, the child had the prestigious position of being among the three or so humans Skade currently thought as even being remotely interesting.

January 11, 2030 - Three Years Ago

"I'm afraid 4649 has shown a reluctance towards direct conflict."

The girl was currently being observed was blissfully unaware of the person commenting on her attitude. She was more focused on a duo of tiny, nigh-featureless snowmen. She made them move, stumbling the constructs. It was somewhat difficult to have two move at once, but she was doing her best.

"She prefers to keep her range, either throwing icy snowballs, building walls out of it, and the such. However, we believe if we nudged her towards hand to hand combat, she'd be better fitted for the line of duty. The temperatures she produce could make a vital assassin, or..."

The girl had given something to both snowmen. A shard of ice. They clumsily moved towards one another, clinking their icy blades against one another. She focused upon the duo harder, their movements slowly becoming more deft.

"...Are you sure there should be no changes? Allow her to continue down this path?"

One of the snowmen had gotten too close to the other's blade. In a swift movement, it's head seperated from it's body, she cut off her support to it almost immediately, the body of the snowman collapsing. She thought it was pretty fun to let that happen- it was the closest she could get to the real thing. She didn't have the strength to do it herself, but she knew the more she practiced, the more she focused, she'd get their soon.

And if not her, she'd find something to do it for her.

"...I understand, sir."

The other vigilante descended, and acknowledged Crosshair with a nod. Crosshair nodded back, watching as Silent Night walked around the battleground. Or should Crosshair say, zoomed around the battlefield. The other vigilante moved fast, way faster than Crosshair had seen. Add super speed to the list of powers this guy had... He was starting to shape up to be incredibly powerful. Silent Night returned to where Crosshair was. He offered give Crosshair his contact info, and Crosshair considered the offer. He knew pretty much nothing about the shapeshifter, but having him as an ally would help their hunt incredibly. Crosshair holstered his pistol, nodding.

"I think... that it might be for the best if I fill you in on some things that have been happening in this city. Because that was just 'people' that we fought today." Crosshair said. The vigilante adjust his leather trenchcoat, glancing around before gesturing for Silent Night to walk with him, and began to walk down the street in the direction that Angel was hiding. "I don't know if you've been paying attention, but lately there's been a string of particularly heinous deaths around the city. People being found mauled, with what appears to be their life drained out of them. It's not the work of a person, but a... a thing. It appears human, but is able to turn its body into a weapon. It creates blades, can mimic guns, regenerates, and is incredibly tough. Myself, as well as another vigilante named Sparkblade, have been working on tracking it down and killing it. We almost did today.."

Crosshair paused before continuing.
"Before we were able to deal the killing blow, another group appeared and snatched the monster up. Backing up this group were two powered people, a pair dressed like ninjas. One seemed to have the ability to manipulate air, while another seemed to be made of some sort of thick, black, viscous substance. Bullets didn't affect that one, and it appeared to have the ability to teleport by melting into the ground or the wall. Even with the help of a Paragon, Deluge, we weren't able to stop them. Whoever they were, they were well connect. They named each of our real names." Crosshair explained to Ryg. "Something is going on in this city, and I want to know what."

Reach a spot right next to where Angel was hiding, Crosshair suddenly moved. The vigilante attempted to grab Angel by the back of her shirt and lift her from her hiding spot.
"Right now, there's too many people with powers in this city that I don't know about." Crosshair growled, looking over to Angel. "And it's beginning to get on my nerves..."
@DevVoid @ThePlayfulFox

Last edited:

“Shhhhh! You can’t rush genius!”

The rude, prideful response was made to stop Celice from yammering on. Ugh she got annoying when she talked too much. Rubbing his thumb across the gown as he held it, he closed his eyes.

“Hmmm dark and rainy...” He started. “Some chick wore this...looks like it fell into the sea- no. Tossed into the sea, with her still in it! Pfffft! Tossed in by weird lookin’ doctors. Some old guy is there too...”

Seems as though the memory was a tad bit fuzzy, like a dream someone was trying to recall from last night’s slumber.

“They have some logo on their clipboards. Worry, Warri, Warren, warrior something. The old guy is talking. Yammering about his prune juice or something, couldn’t care any less. Apparently the Chick’s name is...Eve? By the sounds of it she’s a convict or something, cause they keep calling her subject one. Wait...”

Focusing more on the woman, Percy tried to get a read of her face. Her complexion and hair were very familiar somehow. As he got a read of the face, he suddenly got the connection. Opening his eyes he pointed over to Lady.

“It was her! She’s the convict!” He announced. “Sooo ‘Subject One’ as you call yourself, why are YOU here? Just wanted me to see your sobby backstory?”

Last edited:
Angel hated eavesdropping. She hated getting information without the other person's consent. After all, everyone was entitled to thier own secrets. But she couldn't help it. She had to make sure that guy with the gun was going to be ok. She had the ability to heal, so she should heal. She tried to not really pay attention to his visitor, however it was sorta difficult not to listen in. Apparently there was some monster guy who looked human but wasn't? She was confused about that, mostly because she wasn't really paying much attention.
Angel whimpered as she felt the gun-man pull her out by her shirt. She didn't even realize that he was there! She looked at the two, scared. Maybe she didn't have to heal just about anyone severely injured.

Destiny slammed the laptop shut and spun around to see Kerco standing at the doorframe. "Oh, it's just you. And you don't need to worry, I'll live with poor eyesight. Not like I'll forget the position of the keys or how to write, even if I do go blind." She leaned back in her chair, arms crossed. "So, what has the silent Kerco been up to? Stealing? Getting more contacts? Replacing your favorite housemate? Come on, you know I can keep secrets." A calico cat slunk into the bedroom, leaping onto the bed next to Destiny.

Luna leaned back in the throne made for her. It was a dark brown wicker throne. It was pretty, her Fae Wilds. Not many could come there, not without her permission anyway. And she only allowed the fae in. The trees wound up to touch the stars that never faded from the perpetual night sky. And to think that it fell for a few seconds. Her people were rightfully scared as the night sky was replaced with sunlight, on and off. However, she knew what it meant. Her father was coming. She was a bit worried about that, if she had to be honest. She loved her fae and her daughter. However, she didn't want to disappoint her father. She knew what would really happen to her fae, but she ignored it, clinging onto a false sense of hope that they'll be spared in the future to come.

comic

Patriot
Fortunately, some more of the small dots seemed to begin to converge on the location as the room was filled with a heavy, awkward silence. Well, awkward for Ansel, as Shuzo seemed to still be glaring at everything, possibly even giving a potted plant the stink-eye while Patriot rubbed the temple of his head, glaring at the map in mild agitation. It was a few minutes before four other individuals filed into the room, sporting their various outfits. Lesser heroes of the Paragons, Shuzo had even known a couple previously as vigilantes before they were inducted into the Paragons. One noticed him and gave an excited wave. This one was known as Elasticity, and his power was really very boring, and when it came to superhero media, a little overdone. He could stretch. That's it. He's stretchy. He's not even bendy, he just stretches. His hair was slicked back and gelled, jet black in color, a pair of massive aviators sitting on his face, his outfit literally a pink speedo. Literally. I can't even make this shit up.

"Heeeey~" Elasticity waved at Sparkblade. "Sparky, right? It's so good to see you, great that you joined the Paragons, cuz like, it's so much better here." The other three were not quite as... memorable in most areas as Elasticity. Next was 'The Silver Sword', and he could phase through any surface. Plus, his gimmick was wearing full-on medieval knight armor and had a custom-made silver sword, though it was mostly for show. It was too precious for him to use.
Third was 'Agony', who could inflict any kind of pain on others, but he'd experience the pain in return. He donned a the look of a 1990's punk rocker, with a green mohawk, rings and piercings covering every part of his body, alongside make-up and spiked leather. To complete the look, he even carried a guitar around, which he could use with his power- the amplification of sound. He couldn't do much with it though aside from mild discomfort. It was like being at a concert, he just didn't need all the equipment.
Finally, the fourth was called 'Dapper Gecko'. He came up with it himself one night. He was an older gentlemen, and tended to wear a white wedding suit with a white bowler cap, a rose tucked into his shirt, his thin white hair pulled back like Elasticity's, and a massive white spruce mustache covering his upper lip. He could stick to any surface, and leap somewhat further than a normal human.

These extra Paragons were clearly a joke- but it wasn't a secret to any who paid attention to the news that the Paragons had recently done a purge of their members, kicking out about twenty Paragons who had been caught doing something that even somewhat damaged their reputation. All banned by Patriot.
Caught smoking in public? Ban.
Seen on the same street as a prostitute? Ban.
Stealing a dog's biscuit? Ban. Yes that happened.
All that was left were those who obeyed the Paragon law of keeping an immaculate public appearance, and it wouldn't be so bad if they weren't such a circus. So, for obvious reasons, Ansel, Forsythe, and Patriot maintained the spotlight, overshadowing their less impressive co-workers.

Patriot gazed about at them, before looking back at the wall, where a single dot wasn't on Paragon Tower. He furrowed his brow, before turning the screen off and facing the Paragons, who had all taken their seats by now. "Thank you for coming." He greeted, his voice a bit colder than his usual fake demeanor. "It's been a busy day for all- well, most of us." He glanced at Elasticity. "I got a new pedicure." The stretchy Paragon commented. "Shut up." Patriot replied, and Elasticity seemed to shrink in his seat. "Now, some enemies have revealed themselves, and I've spent most of my day collecting the information we need to know. Massi, a violent alien with a killer instinct, hunted by Officer Yin Li, our newest member Sparkblade, and his less impressive accomplice Crosshair. Let's see... Larua. Brother to Forsythe. Fought in Central Park with Ansel and others earlier today. Oh, and the men you two fought that got away with Massi... All of them answer to somebody." Without speaking further, Patriot pulled out a handful of images and threw them on the table, where they scattered in front of the Paragons. Some of the pictures showed Warren conversing with Larua, Quietus standing behind the billionaire. Another picture showed a row of parked trucks, markless, entering Warren Industries. The same kind of truck that Massi was hauled away in, the same hazmat-wearing men could be seen through a window of one of the trucks.

Patriot said nothing more as he stared at Shuzo, waiting for his reaction, a patient, barely noticeable smirk on the hero's immaculate face.

Damian Foster
The moment Ignizio suggested assessing one of the children himself, Damian's eyes widened and for the first time he seemed uncomfortable. "Oh, um... I'm not sure if that's such a good idea, you see, you're leagues ahead of what these children are capable of. The most that may happen is that they tickle you with attacks, while one attack from you would undoubtedly kill them. I-I think it's better if we... didn't assess them personally. Mr. Warren would need to be authorized, first, and the children would need to be prepped for such a situation..."
But neither Ignizio or Skade seemed to be listening anymore as the drill instructor in the training room had the children start doing push-ups, stepping on some of the children's backs who were doing better than their peers, increasing their struggle as the instructor counted numbers quickly, the kids doing their best to keep up with his rapid-fire count.

@OmnipotentOnion @BurbleBurble

CL-9
"No, of course not." CL-9 replied with a sigh, before her features seemed to scrunch, a look Lilian recognized as CL-9's 'thinking face'. A second later, CL-9 turned to her companion, a strange twinkle in the android's eyes, something that had never been there before.
Mischief.
"But I know a way to keep Warren from learning. I have a prime server a few levels below us, it's sort of my mind outside of my own if that makes any sense. It'll be easier to explain if I can show you it. Are you... willing to break a few rules with me?"

@The Dark Fairy

Lady (Eve)
The young woman watched in interest as Celice handed off the old gown that had been in use only a couple hours ago. The big trash baby began to rub his fingers over it, closing his eyes, and beginning to speak. "-dark and rainy-"
It was almost like a flash of lightning had appeared before her. She was suddenly standing on a pier, rain lashing at her face, her damp hair being blown across her face as she stared down at her feet. It was... her. Wearing the gown, but her face was almost unrecognizable. Head caved in, her face a bloody, mangled mess, her legs bent like straws, her spine jutting out of her neck- it was gruesome to say the least. She stared for several moments at her body, hearing '-tossed into the sea... doctors... old guy...'.
Suddenly, she was surrounded by vaguely familiar individuals. Scientists, grabbing her body and tossing it off the pier, a man standing behind them, watching silently. She didn't recognize him- not immediately. But the longer she stared at his bearded mug, the more she started to realize that she... had some kind of affection for the man. What was it? Was this her father? No, she'd seen her father in the daydream. The barbeque. But the same emotion she felt toward him, she felt toward this bearded man, before a voice whispered 'Warren...', and her eyes widened as he turned his gaze, looking directly at her, opening his mouth. His words came out slow and dream-like, the memory becoming foggy, but she managed to hear one more word, spoken by Warren himself.
"Failure..."
Before the world seemed to fade around her, disappearing like a curtain being pulled from over her as the word he'd said stung. He'd stared right at her, and called her a failure...
A lump formed in her throat as she reached out for him, but he was already gone, and suddenly, she found herself back in the sewers beneath New York, her body rigid and still behind Celice, before she relaxed somewhat, looking around in bewilderment, before- "It was her! She's the convict!"

Lady turned her gaze to look at the big trash baby, who pointing an accusing finger at her. He then called her something that made her blood run cold. "Subject One."
"Yes." She replied, her voice rather faint and higher-pitched than before as she seemed to stare through Percy, her mind racing, not even catching what else the kid had said. "I am... Subject... One..." Slowly, she nodded her head. "My task was a f-failure. I... failed... He's right. I am a failure..." Her voice now was little more than a whisper, before her gaze found Celice's, and suddenly, she felt a lurch in her stomach, and her eyes widened. "Friend!" She gasped, finding herself feeling out of breath, her heart thumping faster than before as she nearly stumbled on the spot, grabbing Celice's arm for support, eyes still wide. "I... I..." She wasn't sure what to say. Everything she'd just seen, just heard, just experienced... it all didn't make sense. It was like small pieces to a puzzle, and she'd lost all the other pieces.
"I'm scared." She finally got out, brow furrowing as she regained herself, heartbeat slowing. Everything that had just happened to her must have seemed strange, dramatic even, to her onlookers, but she didn't exactly care. She was now getting a grasp on what was happening. "Warren." She said. "He..." She wanted to say he'd help... but she didn't. No, something held her back. Instead, she hardened her resolve, letting out a deep sigh. "Warren bad." She decided. "But. He knows. Knows me." She assured Celice. "Can't get help from bad man. From Warren. Look somewhere else."
Her gaze then returned to Percy, who was giving her the most incredulous look. "Thank you, big trash baby." Celice nodded to him, her eyes shining with her sincerity.

@BurbleBurble @Shen: King of the Mist

Is this what they wanted me to see? Some girl breakdown? Never underestimate the depravity of upworlders

He had a bead of sweat go down his cheek, unsure of what his next course of action should be. She spoke in caveman like tones, acting spastically while he began thinking of ways to attack if this were to go sour. It was when she thanked him and called him ‘big trash baby’ was when he began to lose his patience.

“So you come in, lie, and call me a trash baby when I find it within my big ol’ heart to help you out? This must be the worst diplomatic meeting like, ever!”

The boy grumbled, throwing his hands in the air. Scud, who was still at the ready at the entrance held up a taped together tomato soup can with wires tangling out of it, ready to hurl it when ordered. Perfect held his palm up to signify it didn’t come to that yet.

“You aren’t winning brownie points here, as tasty as those are. Hm...yeah. Now you, the one that talks non-stupid, deliver unto your king brownies of bestest kind too as recompense for this insolence!”

Shuzo

As more Paragons trickled in, there was a positive correlation between the number of heroes entering the room and the level of Shuzo's irritation; the chipper voice of a particular hero prompted him to roll his eyes from behind his deep red goggles, and he refused to dignify Elasticity with anything greater than a half-hearted wave as he turned his back to him. Aside from the other former-vigilante he had seen years back during his work, Shuzo gave no heed to the rest of the newcomers, remaining silent and taking a seat at the circular table.

As soon as everyone was present, Patriot began the meeting, and it all continued to roll downhill from there. If there had been any sense of relaxation received from the Paragon leader's compliments and well-meaning eloquence, it was immediately dispelled by a single sentence.

"...our newest member Sparkblade, and his less impressive accomplice Crosshair."

As always, Patriot seemed only capable of feeding his own ego in the end. While Shuzo may have been spearheading the attacks that drove Massi into a corner, Crosshair had been responsible for coordinating the attacks and pinpointing future sightings, not to mention clearing out any innocents that were at risk before the two vigilantes launched their attacks, most if not all of the time. However, Patriot had only reeled Shuzo into his team of superheroes and simply disregarded Crosshair. Stifling yet another irritated scoff, Shuzo kept his mouth shut and continued to listen, though anyone in close contact with him would likely have experienced a bit of a jolt.

And that's when he saw him.

Charles. Motherf---ing. Warren.

One by one, the pictures displayed on the screen showed him working with the other 'ninja-like' figures attacking Shuzo, Crosshair, Deluge, and Chief Li. Directing the vehicles into which Massi had been loaded. The same figures that had been sent to 'ensure' Massi's survival. To 'ensure' the survival of an alien killing machine. To 'ensure' that it remained alive and able to kill as it pleased.

Wasn't that just splendid?

Slowly but surely, the tense silence was broken by the quiet sound of rasping breaths. Echoed through what sounded like a voice modulator, every inhale and exhale seemed to be taken through gritted teeth, and the Paragons turned their head to find that the noise was coming from a crimson oni-mask. Shuzo was seething, bolts of red lightning crackling visibly behind his goggles. Upon further glance, the Paragons could also see similar bolts dancing around his body.

"If it wouldn't trouble you..."

As he tightened his grip on the sheathed blades at his side, Shuzo turned his gaze toward Patriot, disregarding the slight smirk tugging at the Paragon's lips amidst the rage flowing through every part of his body before making a single comment, his voice quiet but dripping with bone-chilling rage and malice.

"I'd like to volunteer to take point on an op confronting Charles Warren."

★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★
Ignizio

This was new; Damian's tone had shifted from one of confidence, which rightfully stemmed from his scientific prowess, to one of discomfort. Though he was fascinated by this strange development, Ignizio kept his gaze concentrated on the boy covered in blue fire. Upon listening to the researcher's concerns of allowing the children to fight against the two Heralds, however, Ignizio nearly let an amused chuckle escape his otherwise unmoving lips.

"Well, there's no denying that, of course. As promising as Mr. Warren's 'army of the future' may seem, aside from their powers, these children are only human. No, what I had in mind shouldn't trouble your superior at all, nor should it require his authorization."

Taking a few steps forward, Ignizio stepped forward and, with a clear--and, surprisingly, somewhat suave--voice that was sure to be heard by his target, spoke amidst the clamor of the exercising children.

"Instructor! Surely it wouldn't hurt to coordinate some 'sparring matches', as you call them, between your subjects?"

@comic @BurbleBurble

Last edited:

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Lilian tilted her head a moment, this was most unlike CL-9, always following instructions down to the letter. She looked down, not at her feet, but where she imagined the basement would be, thinking on all that could be down there, hidden form her. "As long as we stay safe, and don't hurt anyone, I think I wouldn't mind."

Dr Chrome lead the two down several halls, passing a good few rooms with active experiments taking place, ending up at the end of a hallway that ended in a door Dr Chrome threw open, leading his accomplices into the room. He directed the girl into the middle of the room and lead Warren to a table by the door "The girl out their has a form telekinesis, though it matters not what type of power the target has." Dr Chrome motioned to the girl, at witch point she lifted the table off the ground for a moment before setting it back down.

Kerco raised an eyebrow "Yeah, I'm out replacing you, I love people knowing I'm a criminal." He stood up, though did not enter the room "But seriously, I'm starting to put a plan into action, and I may need some of your help, can you recreate voices on tape?"

Scath sat in a tree, out of anyone's sight, for she wanted to think on what had happened, the entire fae wilds, home of so many flickered away for a brief time, she knew her mother was worried from the look on her face, and had many ideas on what could have happened, though she would need more. Hovering down from the trees and into the open, she surrounded herself with her normal, shadowy shell before traveling to Luna's throne, standing before her "Mother, what has happened?" She said, though using the name of family, she spoke with the tone of a general.

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Forsythe's body slowly began to reconstruct itself, his body being drawn in and infusing together. Finally once he was fully reformed he opened his eyes took a deep breath and stretched out his arms. He shook himself slightly "they was probably one of my more brutal deaths" he said sitting down waiting the the grogginess of coming back to pass. He glanced at his now shattered phone "guess I'll need a new one so I can contact Lilian...oh shit Lilian" he had been gone longer than planned and hadn't met back with her. He sighed to himself "god it smells down hair*

Ansel

Four of the less notable and marketable Paragons had walked in. Including the...boldly clothed...Elasticity.

Who knew Sparkblade? Small world he supposed. Everyone here had been varying levels of herodom at some point- Vigilantes, legally sanctioned, parts of smaller, lesser known teams...All walks of hero-ing careers. Though they all had ended up in the same room, all looking up at Patriot. Though the recent purges within the Paragons had really cut down on both very capable heroes and not so capable heroes. Ansel particularly missed Dog-Man. He didn't have any powers other than having a dog head and some martial art skill. Sadly kicked once he lost control in the street and ate another dog's treat. And Ansel had to reel himself in pretty hard too. Had to cut down on his public drinking and attempts to get dates...Not as if he was totally successful in the latter, anyways.

Though Ansel's thoughts drifted away from his potential firing as Patriot spoke. He began telling the present Paragons the reason they were called there. He prefaced it with a bunch of words about Sparkblade and the honorary Paragon Crosshair- How they had hunted the thing, named Massi apparently. Though what he had done next was reveal a slew of pictures, revealing villainous figures that Ansel could recognize. In fact, he picked it up to grimace at it up close.

Larua, the pure evil man that was nearly unstoppable earlier. And the liquid man Ansel had failed to electrocute. And who was next to them, casually talking? Charles Warren, the biggest billionaire in the world. Bastard! And most of the other Paragons reacted with shock and anger. Grumblings about 'of course he had been doing bad stuff', 'knew he was up to no good', 'son of a bitch', among other things. Though one's anger trumped everyone else's- His anger apparent as he rasped through his modulator.

Sparkblade wanted to personally confront Warren about this.

"Uh, I don't mean to interrupt or step out of line, but I'm- Can we even confront him about this?" He glanced towards Sparkblade and then Patriot from behind his sunglasses. "I mean he has a lot of money invested in us. The tower, our tech, outreach programs...Shit, he has a lot of money invested in everyone!" Ansel said this all with very clear nervousness. "Don't get me wrong- I don't like these guys he's hanging out with! I still need to finish off that windy guy and figure out a way to get goopy and the copy-man, and Warren has them all under his thumb sure. But I mean, is there anything we can do? I'm not alone in this right?"

He looked at the oddball four, who all sort of mumbled something between agreement and discontent. Telekine-Kid did much the same. But all five had a similar idea in the end- which was to look towards Patriot for some sort of answer. Ansel also did similarly, hoping desperately he hadn't inadvertently back talked back the powerful man.

-----
Celice

Much to Celice's delight, Percy immediately began reading off the history of the gown. Apparently he had skipped past the boring bits of production, but he also began reading off the truly harrowing tale it contained.

A girl had been thrown into the ocean, surrounded by doctors and an old man. The King brought up a name on a clipboard, throwing a number of possibilities for what it was- Worry, Warren, Warring -And one sounded familiar, though Celice couldn't place it in the moment. Percy also lingered on an old man, though dismissed whatever he had said as boring. There were also two names given to the girl being thrown in the ocean- Eve, and more pressingly, Subject One.

The accusatory pointing at Lady basically confirmed this mysterious girl was her. And she was...not doing great. She was mumbling something- Failure was the only word that Celice had picked up on, as the girl basically lunged towards her. She was scared, brought up the Warren name...

Wait...

Fuck.

That Warren. Charles Warren. Charles Warren who was nearly a trillionaire. The man almost anyone and everyone thought of when you said rich. Charles Warren who had his hands in almost every industry, from transportation, military weaponry, food, appliances, electronics, fuck even books! It would probably be easier to list what industries he didn't have a hand in, which was likely in the single digits. So first Patriot was a clear issue, with her own hatred being the only things she could recall, and now the other issue being Charles Warren, the most powerful non-super powered person on the planet.

It was very hard for Celice to not leave Lady, Eve, Subject One, whatever name she wanted to go by- Just leave her in the Kingdom of trash led by a delusional child, go back to her life as a simple vigilante living out her life on her lonesome. That was all she really needed- All she ever needed since she ditched Georgia eight years back.

But as she glanced at Lady, the lost woman who called her friend, who clearly viewed Celice as her only hope in a world that had punched her down thrice over. With no one else to go to.

In a way, they were similar. They had no one else before that chance meeting, but here they were. Together.

Still, fuck.

The Trash King seemed displeased with Lady's action, referring to him as "Big Trash Baby". His demands for Celice mounted- on the map, ice cream, and brownies. And really, Celice did not give two shits what this trash baby wanted. He had been gracious, gave her what she wanted, didn't play his cards right. Not that she was about to tell him that, but as far as she was concerned, they were done. In many ways, she wished to never return to this dingy sewer kingdom. Celice also assumed that she was the non-stupid talker he referred to.

"Oh, yes. We are humbled by your graciousness, King. Ice cream, brownies, on the map. We'll get on that right away, of course."

She picked up her backpack of scrap off the ground, throwing it back on her back- The great Prince of Trash clearly did not care for it. And she needed every piece of scrap she needed "I'm glad we came to this agreement. We shall return with your goods...Soon!"

She interlocked her arms with Lady, beginning to pull her away, back through the sewer pipe they came through. Though Celice did give a glance to the trash can kid. "Thanks for letting us through, pal."

Whatever the hell they were getting into- This was gonna really fuckin' suck.

-----
Skade

Ha, Foster thought they were going to try and fight the children themselves! "Oh, don't think of us being so foolish and brutal. We're well aware what we'd do to those children if attempted to fight them. It would be like stomping on twigs- Too easy, certainly when they are this small and inexperienced. Though I like what Ignizio may be proposing."

She did glance at the instructor's somewhat strange way of training the children. She assumed this was not traditional ways of raising young- considering the vast majority of humanity lacked superhuman abilities in the first place -but rather specific "obedience" training. This was a conclusion essentially told to her ad-verbatim by Foster already, but still was fascinating to see. But shame it would all be pointless in a few more months. She likely mentioned it before, but they would've been a great joy to fight in their prime.

Though if her hunch about Ignizio's favorite was correct, they would at least get a good view of what some the more curious children were capable of. She watched her far younger mirror continue the pushups as Ignizio discussed with the instructor.

While she hoped this one wouldn't disappoint, there was little doubt in the girl in the first place. She likely possessed the same spark that Skade did- A spark fueled by bloodlust.

comic

Lady (Eve / Subject 1)
The big trash baby seemed to throw a tantrum after hearing her words of thanks. Not cool. Her face scrunched into a frown as she pouted out her lip, glaring at the king of garbage, but Celice seemed to have it covered, addressing him rather coldly and curtly before sliding her arm around Lady's and the two were off.
It had happened so fast, and she was still trying to digest... well... everything. It seemed Celice had a lot to think about too, her face was pale. Well, paler than usual. Her eyes were somewhat shaking and distant. She was worried. She felt bad, was she the cause for her friend's discomfort?

Of course she was... Celice had taken her down here for Lady and Lady alone. She was... intrigued, really. Celice really was going out of her way for her new friend. She leaned slightly into Celice, offering her a warm smile. "We... will be... fine." She stated. "Have each other."
Having a friend certainly was a very nice thing.

@Shen: King of the Mist @BurbleBurble

Patriot
Exactly the reaction he'd been hoping for. Sparkblade had already had an irritating day, and getting him ticked by dissing Crosshair? By the time he saw Warren, all eyes had been drawn to the newest Paragon as crimson lightning literally sparked off of his body, Ansel notably shifting aside.
However, just as Patriot was about to respond to Shuzo, Ansel spoke up quickly, voicing the concerns of his fellow Paragons. It was annoying at first, but... no, it could be used. In fact, it was perfect. "Of course not." He immediately replied to Ansel, turning around and beginning to slowly pace, speaking a bit animatedly. "But as I said before, our latest member is absolutely instrumental in our next step. You see, we haven't publicly revealed him as a Paragon. That means he still doesn't operate under the public eye, making you-" He pointed a finger at Shuzo, a smile stretching his face. "Are our perfect weapon. Even I don't dare face Warren head-on. He's prepared for an event like that. But Sparkblade? He'd never expect you. Just some street vigilante, right? Nothing to be concerned with." At this, Patriot chuckled. "Sparkblade will infiltrate Warren Industries, and deal whatever justice to the old man he sees fit. Whatever happens, we will back him up.

"Astounding, astounding..." Dapper Gecko spoke through his bushy mustache, his voice somewhat muffled. "But what do you plan to do about out finances, good sir? Mr. Warren keeps us operational and comfortable."
"Already covered." Patriot stated, his tone turning rather serious. "We don't need Warren anymore, but it would be much better if we didn't make a public display of this. He choked on his morning tea, right? Died of a heart attack, right? Anything works, so long as he's gone and our enemies become leaderless."

Damian Foster
The instructor looked up from a kid with fins sprouting out of his head toward Ignizio, and immediately wrinkled his nose, clearly not impressed with what he saw. He glanced past Ignizio to see Damian giving him a nod, and the instructor let out an annoyed sigh, exhaling through his nose. "You will call me Drill Sergeant Mash." The instructor replied curtly to Ignizio. "Sparring matches aren't for another-" He glanced at the watch on his wrist. "14 minutes so why don't you sit your little ass down in the corner and sit pretty till then, hm? Stay out of my way and I won't be in yours." Mash shook his head, before turning around and screaming at a kid who had fallen to the ground, unable to pick her tiny body up any longer.

CL-9
"Of course! It's in my programming not to harm a human being." CL-9 stated, appearing to be rather eager, grasping Lilian's hand in her own, cold one and immediately tugging her excitedly through the complex, passing by Lilian's living quarters, passing a few distracted scientists and booking it down a bright hall to a spherical elevator that stood open, waiting for them.
They were quick to get inside, and Lilian could see this elevator had at least a hundred different buttons labeled on one wall, CL-9 proceeding to hit one. The doors slid shut, and the elevator began to descend, spinning slowly as it did so before coming to a stop, and opening to reveal a much darker hallway that CL-9 led Lilian down before they came to a stop at a panel in the wall, which the android proceeded to tap, the panel sliding to the side and allowing them to enter a room mostly shrouded in darkness save for energy-conserving red lights that lined the ceiling, somewhat illuminating the dark room, in which a large machine sat.
"Okay... this... is my brain." CL-9 gestured to the machine as she let go of Lilian's hand and moved toward the great item, immediately pulling a sliding panel out from the side, a blue glow falling over the android from the interior of the machine as she began to reach her hand inside of it. "I just need to... disconnect some of my surveillance links..." She informed. "Maybe a few other things too..."

@The Dark Fairy

Charles Warren
Warren watched the table rise with a rather bored expression. "Impressive, but I have plenty of telekinetics, psychokinetics, you name it, at my disposal. Stop dancing around the subject and just show me what this is." Charles replied impatiently, beginning to tap his foot as his friendly demeanor entirely faded, glancing at his watch a couple of times. "Enough semantics."

@The Dark Fairy

Crosshair slowly lowered Angel to her feet, releasing the girl's shirt from his grip. He glared down at Angel. She seemed more scared then anything. Could be scared because she thought he was scary, or that he found her, or maybe some other reason. He supposed he should be thanking the kid. After all, some of the injuries Crosshair had might have taken weeks to recover from, and now he was pretty far along recovery.
"You did this?" Crosshair asked. Although it sounded more like a statement then a question. He folded his arms, watching Angel carefully.
"Alright kid. Who are you. What are you doing out here." Crosshair said to the teenager.

Shuzo

Though still visibly furious, Shuzo took note of the other heroes staring warily at him, and with a few deep breaths, the lightning dancing around his body and in his eyes began to subside. Despite Ansel's reasoning against the op, Patriot surprisingly approved, relying on the fact that Shuzo hadn't been officially recognized as a Paragon and therefore would be unknown to the billionaire. Although Shuzo had shown clear intent to confront Warren and bring him to justice, as his mind cleared away the rage from earlier, a new thought emerged, prompting him to furrow his brow.

"As much as I'd like to go in right away, there also remains a concern I had from fighting those two powered individuals who took Massi away. The one who could manipulate blasts of wind... he knew the names of me, Deluge, and Crosshair. Even if there's a chance Warren thinks of me as nothing but a street vigilante, I was obviously concerning to him enough for him to learn my identity. I wouldn't put it past him to prepare for me if I'm under his radar, even if I'm not an officially recognized Paragon."

★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★ - ★
Ignizio

He really didn't know what he expected; Ignizio's almost 'amiable' proposal had no effect on 'Drill Sergeant Mash', who instead adhered to schedule and gruffly told the Herald to wait. Stifling an amused chuckle, he returned to Damian and Skade, hands behind his back. Suddenly, Ignizio sharply turned and thrust a hand forward in a finger-gun position. A burst of black flame was 'fired' out of his index and middle fingers, aimed with pinpoint accuracy at the sergeant's campaign hat, which was knocked off of his head and promptly turned to ash.

"'Mash', was it?" Ignizio called out, the same, fake charm present in his voice, a tiny smirk pulling at a corner of his mouth. "I should very much like to kill you; pray that you are able to control your insolence toward a superior being."

Destiny shrugged at his sarcastic reply. "I guess the only reason you don't just live alone and not with me is because I can remember everything and if you whipe yourself. Well, you just have another problem." She chuckled right before Kerco got serious. She sat up straighter, no longer relaxing, and her smile faded into a neutral expression. "I can certainly learn quickly. Quicker than most. It can't be too different than distorting my own voice." She smiled at Kerco. "Glad you brought me onto the job. Wish I knew more details, but you'll reveal those in time. Who's voice am I 'stealing', by the way?"

Luna smiled at her daughter. Although Scath was considered one of her generals, Luna prefered to treat her as, well, a daughter, unless it was very important and/or public. "Scath, dear, your grandfather, my father, is arriving. He wants me to prepare for his coming. I, however, am uncertain." She sighed and looked away. After several seconds, she looked back at Scath. "Don't concern yourself about what's going to happen. I'm certain if the fae play a huge role in the takeover, then he'll spare them. The humans, however, will finally get what they deserve."

Angel felt herself lower to the ground as the man with the gun brought her back to the pavement. He didn't seem to want to hurt her, though, she was still uncomfortable. Her eyes lingered on the holsted firearm, knowing if he desired to, he could seriously injure her. However, he actually started asking questions. She nodded when he, at least she thought he stated her involvement in his rapid healing. "Uh, I'm not exactly supposed to give my name to strangers," she said as she stepped back. He was still very dangerous, in her opinion. "And I was helping one of the Paragons by healing him in a fight against some killer guy. He seemed as if he could 'borrow' powers, the murder guy. I was returning home when I returned to normal because I don't want to be caught using super powers without some sort of registration. Is there some sort of law dictating that? Anyway, I felt your pain and then went to heal you."

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Ryg followed Crosshair, walking alongside him as the vigilante explained to him what had happened. Ryg started to realize something. A shapeshifting creature.. not human, incredibly tough, even including regeneration.. could it be..?

No, it couldn't. Ryg believed- , no, he hoped his kin wasn't THAT vengeful. Shaking that thought aside, Ryg thought about the two others that came after as Crosshair mentioned them. One an airbender, the other made of some kind of tar, or oil, or something of the sort, seemingly. The fact that these two also knew the names of their enemies is also very suspicious. Assuming that these other vigilantes, Crosshair included, kept a good eye on keeping personal information away from prying minds, information like that would be hard to come across.

Concluding, Ryg kept a theory to himself; Whoever these two were, they had to have been working for something, or atleast someone, greater. Maybe not in direct power, but most definitely in status. As Ryg got out of his thought process, he found himself standing a bit away from Crosshair, who seemed to be talking to someone else. Ryg walked up to the two again, as he put his arms together, crossing them. Ryg simply silently waved at Angel, then glancing at Crosshair, waiting for everyone to finish talking before speaking up. " Well, as soon as you're done, I'll let you know of my info, then I'll be on my way again. " @Captain Cardboard @ThePlayfulFox

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Dr Chrome frowned “Friend, I asked you here under the pretense of many hours, are you going to get impatient after less than than thirty minutes?” He waved his hand “Though on with the demonstration.” He pulled out the orb, taking it out of the casing and giving it a toss into the center of the room. The ball landed, giving a click and multiple small cylinders slightly raised on its surface. Dr Chrome called out to the girl “Try and move towards us!” The girl nodded, stepping forward before being stopped by something, a faint white trail seeming to flow from the ball to the girl. “As you can see, the ball prevents the movement of a nearby super, and another feature, if the super would try and use their power, it would not only prevent them, but take the power to hold them in place for a even longer period of time.” He pulled a pen from his coat, throwing it at the girl, who lifted her hand in an attempt to stop the pen with her powers, though she couldn’t as the pen hit her face, bouncing off before landing on the floor.

Scath looked up at her mother, uncertain. She however nodded “I will get the Winter court ready.” She swiftly left, slowing down once she left the area, deep in thought as she walked, wondering what to do. Clearly this was going to be a big event, and her even her mother was uncertain of the Faes safety, even if she seemed to deny it.

Kerco smiled “Patriot, the big Paragon.” He began to leave, talking over his shoulder “You should have enough recordings of him online, I’m going to make myself something to eat.”

Lilian was whisked away by her friend, taken downstairs and presented a large machine, she looked incredulously at her partner, what she had said made less sense than most of what she said “That’s your brain? It’s outside of you! Not to mention bigger than the rest of you put together!”

comic

Patriot
"Hm." Patriot stroked his chin at Shuzo's words, frowning as he furrowed his brow. "You're so low-profile, I'll be honest, I didn't expect that. At best, for now, we can assume he doesn't expect you to have Paragon resources. Extra precautions will need to be taken... so..." Slowly, a smirk slid over his face. "Warren's always aiming for the exotic. The powerful. Anything he can put under his thumb and control. And he'll fight tooth and nail to keep what he has. So perhaps we draw his goons out, and I have the perfect plan for that."
He pointed toward the picture of Larua, Warren, and Quietus. "Forsythe's big brother. I know where he is. I put on a little show, beat the bitch up a little bit, and Warren's going to send his hounds. That's when you strike, Sparkblade."
"...And the rest of us?" Agony asked, folding his arms over his chest and snorting. "S'not like we just sit back and watch."
"You're with me. Larua copied your powers, right Ansel? That means he'll try to copy mine if he already hasn't. Won't be much of a problem but it'll keep me occupied. You all get to deal with the Su- uh, some of his supers."

It didn't go unnoticed to Patriot's attempted recovery, in reference to Subjects 3 and 7. A few of the Paragons shared a glance at this as their leader cleared his throat. "We launch our offensive tomorrow afternoon. Meet back here at 11:30 in the morning. Dismissed." With that, Patriot spun on his heel, his cape flowing out behind him, and he exited the room, rounding a corner, and disappearing from view.

"God I want his ass." Elasticity shook his head as he stood up, reminding everyone that his only clothing was a speedo, and he proceeded to walk out to the other Paragons grumbling at his comment. Agony and Telekine-kid departed as well, but Dapper Gecko remained, staring interestedly at Shuzo as Silver Sword remained seated, his expression completely unreadable under his knight's helmet.
"You've been on the recruitment dossier for some time, chap. Tell me about yourself." The old man spoke to the newest recruit.

Damian Foster, Drill Sergeant Mash
Ignizio's attempt at intimidation seemed to backfire, as the drill sergeant got red in the face as he started marching toward Ignizio. The children all stopped their exercising to watch as the mortal man stuck a finger in the heralds face. "I eat supers like you for shits and giggles, Captain Boy Band. You don't wanna know what makes up my three-course meal, so I suggest you get your act together and-"
"Drill Sergeant Mash!" Damian interrupted, his eyes wide. "This is Ignizio and Skade respectively, our distinguished guests. They're our Patriot answer."

Mash glared at Damian for a moment, before slowly lowering his finger out of Ignizio's face, and looking back toward him, his expression hesitating slightly, before he gulped and set his jaw. "I apologize, sir. I'll prep the children right away." His eye glared daggers into Ignizio's before the drill sergeant saluted (which probably looked rather dorky to the heralds), and turned on his heel to march towards the children. "Play time's over, maggots!" He shouted, and began to get them designated into teams, casting glances at Ignizio and Skade.

Charles Warren
His interest noticeably piqued when the pen bounced off of the supers face, and a smirk tugged at the corners of the billionaire's lips. As Dr. Chrome turned to look at him, expectantly, Charles have an approving nod. "Very good. It would seem you haven't grown as senile as we always thought you would in your old age. Color me impressed. I expect you to produce these in droves, old friend, they'll be extremely vital in our continued survival, especially in these coming weeks." He glanced down at his watch, appearing to get rather flustered as he saw the time. "Er- I really must be going now, Chrome. Something I cannot afford to miss. Thank you for having me, as always." With that, Warren marched out of the room at a brisk pace, speed walking back through to his shuttle.

@The Dark Fairy

CL-9
She'd tried so many times to explain "the cloud" the Lilian at this point that making her understand was pointless. "It's magic." She informed her. "Honest magic. That's what this is." She plucked a large cubic device out of the machine, and tossed it to the side before closing the panel, and standing up straight. Her eyes flashed white and her body went rigid for a moment, before she returned to normal, blinking a few times.

"...I'm... fully optimal. Not detecting any restraints on my protocols... unfortunately I am susceptible to hacking like this, but... who'd hack a Warren product? Let's go see this 'God', shall we?"

@The Dark Fairy

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Forsythe cracked his neck once and straightened himself up. He looked around and then started to walk through the sewers, he eventually found the way he had come in and exited. As expected Lilian and CL-9 were not here, but he knew where they'd probably be and decide to go to some nearby gym to use there showering facilities. Once clean he made his way to Warren Industries he entered through the door and walked up to the receptionist "excuse me I'm looking for a Lilian Donovan is she currently in the building" he asked politely with a charming smile on his face. He could have done many ways to get in but thought he'd try the simple approach first.
@comic

Larua had fallen asleep at the bar only to be awoken by nightmare and terrors from his long long life. He shook himself and thought about his recent dealings, the gig with the Superman knock off seemed good but this Warren fella certainly knew what he was doing and to be honest seemed like the most logically path to some good old fashioned mayhem and destruction, Larua smirked knowing full well that Patriot would come for him, "this is going to be very interesting" he said with a wide grin.
@comic

Percy didn’t much care for the cavewoman before him in his court. She was too weird for words, even for the pompous prince. However, Celice on the other hand did promise bountiful reward of the most tasty treats. The thought made his mouth water. Waving his hand in the air and giving a tap on his staff, he addressed the pair.

“Very well! Looks like we have an agreement! I’ll be looking for recognition on the global scale! Go with my royal blessing!”

it wasn’t a bad diplomatic meeting, even if it was called on false pretenses. Waving them off, he let them head toward the exit. Scud was there to meet them, his hole filled smile.

“Hur Hur...I thinks we be seein’ you arounds again reel soon.”

Scud made a gap for them to walk through the exit, putting his retrofitted soup can bomb back into his trash can. The boy didn’t know much about upworlders, but knew enough that the rate of them coming down here that they would get more and more royal visits before long at all.

Crosshair glanced back to Silent Night, nodding to the other vigilante before turning his attention back to the teenage girl. The guy seemed impatient, but hey. He was the one that had approached Crosshair, not the other way around. As the girl explained herself, Crosshair found himself thinking back to when he was a kid... This girl was starting to remind Crosshair about back when he first started this whole hero thing as a teen. The vigilante shook his head.
"There's no law about people having powers, kid. At least not yet." Crosshair said. From what she was saying, plus the way she stood and acted... she was either a really good liar, or was pretty harmless. And Crosshair was beginning to feel the later. The vigilante sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"I suppose I owe you some thanks then, huh?" Crosshair said. "A suggestion, kid. If you're gonna make this a habit, it might be a good idea to come up with a fake name and something to hide your face with. You may not be kicking down criminals, but even having a power like healing is going to attract some unwelcome attention."
The vigilante reached into the pocket of his overcoat, fishing for a minute before pulling out a small piece of paper. It was a scratch-off lottery ticket, one that had already been played but not yet cashed in. The lottery ticket showed five piggy banks in a row, signifying that whoever would cash it in would win $200. Crosshair handed the lottery ticket to the teenage girl.
"A little something for your trouble." Crosshair said, before turning back to Silent Night.

"Alright." Crosshair said. "Anything I said ring any bells to you, or are you just giving me some contact info."
@ThePlayfulFox @DevVoid

Ansel

Patriot seemed particularly nonplussed about striking at Charles Warren. Talk biting the hand that feeds you. Still, Ansel couldn't help but continue to nod and agree as he listened to the plan laid bare. Though Sparkblade pointed out the fact that one of those nasty assassins from the alleyway scuffle had actually called them out by name. This implicated Warren had been at the very least externally aware of their influence.

Though Patriot again once answered that- They'd beat up the bad guy who copied powers all at once. Kind of a "they can't take down all of us" sort of deal, if he had to guess. Ansel wasn't particularly looking forward to that refight, especially if windy and goopy were gonna follow, but if Patriot was there this time...

It wasn't that Ansel doubted Patriot, that being said. But Goopy ran when Patriot confronted him before. Why? Why would it be different? Maybe Warren had a lot staked on Larua, but Larua also had...No reason to work for him, really. The two deaths had no real motive behind them, right? Ansel doubted those two were hooked up to Charles Warren's biggest enemies or anything. So again he wondered why, why would Warren stake anything on a pointless confrontation of a pretty much unreliable asshole he had made friends of quite recently.

Though Patriot seemed certain in the plan, and...Well, who was Ansel one to argue? He just nodded his head about the meetup and all, be there 11:30 sharp in the morning, yeah yeah.

...Despite talking about Forsythe's brother so much, Infinity himself wasn't here. Weird.

Though Ansel disregarded that thought as the Paragons began leaving the table gradually, led by Patriot (Probably off to brood in his office), followed by Elasticity and Agony. The Deluge took his leave to, giving something of a nod to Sparkblade. He'd see the kid around, no doubt! No- Ansel had a date with the medical ward.

...During his checkup though, Ansel got to thinking...This plan had a chance of getting civilians hurt. Like, two people died today! They woke up in the morning, went to work, and didn't think some superhuman would get uppity and murder them for kicks. That made Ansel pretty upset to think about. And come on, the whole Warren thing? Someone else had to know what was going to happen. Other than the Paragons.

...What did widows do on Friday nights? Patriot mentioned that earlier with Yin Li. And she had been chasing that thing too. So as Ansel received the report on his physical state (Something about cracked ribs and being more careful, staying out of combat for awhile- Nothing too important to him, he was too busy thinking at the time to pay attention) he decided something- He'd go pay her a visit.

What would it hurt? She'd be ready for tomorrow, make sure the Chief hadn't been roughed up too bad in that fight, give her some peace of mind about the whole thing. He didn't need to bother Patriot with this- He said the Chief would find out eventually, right?

Right?

-----
Celice

Lady had seemingly come to the same conclusion as Celice. They had each other. Fine, Celice wasn't sure- But they did have each other.

"Yeah. Yeah, we do."

So where was there to go from here? Outside of returning to her apartment, of course. Far as Celice knew, neither Patriot or Warren knew she existed. If they did, it was more of a "oh yes, that is definitely a person who breaths" than an actual consideration. This was a pro and a con. Pros were, she had almost complete anonymity on her side. Hell, she probably wasn't even in any legal databases or anything due to her...unique...way of getting into the country. However, the cons were- She had zero connections of getting information that wouldn't end up with one side or the other wanting her in a ditch in upstate New York.

So once again, she had to go off of...rumors and intuition. The Trash King was real, sure, but the others may not of been.

"I might know a person or two. To help us figure more out." She told Lady, as they came to a ladder back to the surface. Though 'know' was a longshot term. She knew these people might exist. "There's a hacker, apparently. Trying to break into Warren Industries servers. Maybe they even have. I don't know much else, but they could help us." Celice didn't include the fact this hacker probably had a big price tag for any information they dredged up on Lady. Err, 'Subject One'. "And there's another vigilante. They take from the rich, give to the poor. Something like that. They could shut down security systems in seconds. Some sort of super power. I could go in with them and we could see about finding information." There was a potential third option...But Celice wasn't entertaining it right now. Too risky. She'd need to plan it out more.

As she popped off the manhole cover, she continued speaking. "Though on another note, do you still want me to call you 'Lady'? That King guy said you were...Eve, right?" Celice wasn't gonna call her Subject One. What a dehumanizing name. "I've only known you for a couple hours, so I'll call you whatever you want. It won't be too hard to change."

-----
Doctor Chase

As he puffed on his third cigarette in that hour, Chase noticed a small blip showing up on one of the many screens within his office. It read a silent alert to him- "Movement detected at AI Hub".

And the AI doctor nearly jumped out of his own skin. They must've caught him! They were already disabling CL-9 without even telling him!! Anger was secondary to fear, as he actually jumped out of his chair, cigarette falling to the floor. They weren't gonna take her offline, not without him making a big goddamn scene out of it! He quickly locked down the various computers he was working at- Just in case someone was about to make a quiet visit to his office -And dashed out of the room, stomping down the hall.

Chase had been sure to memorize the few specific important locations. Mostly the exits and AI Hub, because the former he left every couple days- And y'know, emergency escape situations. The latter for this specific situation, unplanned maintenance was really bad news. It only meant one of two things- Either someone wanted CL-9 offline, probably being overseen by someone Chase had never even met before. He was fairly sure that Warren was off on one of his world-wide escapades at the moment. Alternatively, it meant there was someone who wasn't supposed to be there in the first place dismantling CL-9's AI hub, which honestly was also a very bad thing. That would mean investigations, and he was not prepared for that sort of scrutiny on the project.

Jumping in an elevator- Which was thankfully empty -and practically smashed his finger against the button. As the doors shuttered shut, he had realized that he had neither brought cigarettes (Which a sign warned against in the first place) and he had to stay in one place as the elevator gradually reached the floor. Swapping out one bad habit for another, he had begun biting his nails. Counting the floors until he reached the destination. Four floors to go...Three floors...Two...

The elevator slowed, and once again Chase smashed his finger against the "door open" button. Launching himself into the dark hall, skidding as he made a sharp turn into the server room. And as soon as he started towards the hub, he began to shout.

"STOOOOOOoooop...?"

Chase's intense fear quickly turned to confusion as he looked at the figures tinkering with the server. Only two, so this was likely not Warren's doing. And one of them he quickly realized- The CL-9 model herself.

"I, uh...Why...What?" She was tampering with herself? Removing features? "Are...Why are you down here?"

He realized he hadn't personally met with this model yet, though he had heard that she had something of a plus one in the form of some sort of...magic...girl. Everything came to him eventually, but he wasn't on the side of what the hardware got up to. Now he wanted answers.

-----
Skade

Skade found incredible entertainment in the brave instructor. Practically frothing at the mouth in anger, as Ignizio had attempted to intimidate him into obedience. Very colorful language he used as well! Skade had never seen someone so raw in emotion and sheer rage.

But Foster seemed to value Mash's continued existence, as he explained that they were the "Patriot Answer". The drill instructor backed away, now seemingly aware of the very real danger present in the two Heralds before him. Even did some sort of human sign of respect. How...disappointing. He followed Ignizio's orders, and sped along the training session of today, moving from their push ups into sparring teams.

So Skade naturally took the follow-up requests to the Drill Sargeant.

"Mash, was it?" Skade asked in about the most neutral tone she could muster. "Thank you for following my cohort's request. However, I must make two more. They aren't as difficult to entertain, I'm certain. The first- That child there, the one who is similar to me?" She promptly pointed to Subject 4649. The girl did not seem to notice the attention placed on her. "I think she'd best suited against...hmm...Yes, that one." Once again, she pointed at a subject- A boy with blue flames instead of hair. It was a hunch, but she believed Ignizio would like that as well. "That would be delightful. Though perhaps my other request is more...personal."

She looked him up and down. And then began her second request- "What do you think is the most important functioning part of your body? You seem to make good use of most of it. Perhaps that mouth, from which spilled incredible anger and emotion? How about your eyes? That intimidating glare that would strike fear into your less passionate kin. Those hands, which you assumedly use to exercise your power outside of pointing? I'm not quite acclimated to what you humans value most- And once again, I can only assume different people view what they value most differently. But it is still curious to see what standout individuals value the most."

Skade folded her hands as she looked down on Mash, having a few dozen inches on the army man. "I don't believe there's wrong answers for this question, so answer as frankly as you'd like."

Shuzo

Though he had visibly relaxed from the little scare he gave nearly everyone during the meeting earlier, there was still a tense aura emanating around Shuzo as Patriot went over the plan for the raid on Warren Industries. Courtesy of his already sour mood, the newly inducted Paragon was only focused on getting back at Warren, and his determination to cut through whoever he needed to was almost palpable. As the meeting concluded, Shuzo caught Ansel's parting gesture and responded with a short nod of his own after watching Patriot exit the room.

However, the sight of the water Paragon almost limping out of the meeting reawakened the injuries Shuzo had sustained from the scuffle not too long ago, and he was attacked by aching muscles and stinging flesh wounds. Once he had forced himself up from his chair to follow Deluge to the medical ward, however, the older Paragon known as Dapper Gecko confronted him. Something about the recruitment dossier? Asked Shuzo to tell him more about himself? With a derisive scoff, Shuzo turned on his heel and detached the sheathe of his daito, using the scabbard to aid him toward the infirmary.

"You've read the dossier. What else is there to know?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ignizio

Fascinating, but still unimpressive. Ignizio stared coolly at the much less cool Drill Sergeant Mash as he went on his yelling fit before Damian intervened; after staring a few more daggers into the Blackfire Herald, the human returned to his duties and began organizing the children into groups of two, though Skade seemed to have some words for Mash as well. Ignizio's smirk was held for a few more seconds before it eventually faded, and he walked back to Damian's side.

"Quite the intense fellow; shame you can't drill obedience into your adults."

With his hands held behind his back, Ignizio continued to watch the children as they were divided, though his eyes remained mostly concentrated on Subject 8733, whose flames seemed to rise and fall around him, as if both boy and fire breathed in tandem. The boy's gaze darted from one child to another, betraying a sense of bloodlust as claws of fire began to grow from his fingertips.

"Tell me about that boy, the one with blue fire."

comic

Warren Industries
The receptionist glanced up at him through her rectangular glasses. "Mr. Carter." She greeted. "Lilian returned a while ago. She's currently unavailable, but if you..." Her voice trailed off as she stared at Forsythe. No... past Forsythe. Infinity turned to see what she was looking at, and none other than Patriot stood at the entrance to Warren industries. The entire atmosphere of the building shifted in a single moment. A tense, powerful silence hung in the air as all eyes were on Patriot.
No cheering. No asking for autographs. These were Warren Industries employees. They'd been taught to hate- but fear the lead Paragon. He slowly smiled at the atmosphere he'd provided, before slowly strutting across the marble floor toward his fellow Paragon, the whole building having gone silent, the only sounds were his footfalls.

Finally, he came to a stop in front of Forsythe, raising a brow. "A meeting was called. Urgent. Everyone was there. Except you, of course. And where do I find you but here? Where all of our problems lead to."
His eyes flitted around the room, able to clearly see at least forty or so different automated and natural defenses. Weapons of plasma, electric barriers, he could even see Subject 7 through a wall. All waiting to strike should Patriot do anything that warranted a response. "Perhaps we should talk somewhere more privately." He advised toward Infinity.

@Shadow_Pup

Lady
The big trash baby seemed satisfied, as well as the smaller one who laughed funny at them. She found it cute, and gave him a warm smile as they left. Celice confirmed Lady's support, which made her beam as the two made their way out of the sewers, eventually (and finally) making it to the surface, where Lady took a deep breath of the polluted air. "Better." She smiled. Celice was telling her about more help they could find. Lady found it curious, hadn't they just gotten the answers they came here for? A name? An origin? However fuzzy it may be?
But she knew there was more to learn. She herself, already so naturally curious, was extremely intrigued about 'Eve'. The person she was before. Before her... death, if that's what happened. All evidence pointed to it being a death but she wasn't sure. After all, how was she alive?

And then, came the name question. She was asked what she wanted to go by, the choice not mattering much to Celice. Well, it may not matter much to her, but she felt particularly attached to this woman despite their brief relationship. They were friends now. Best friends maybe? She stared at Celice for a moment, pursing her lips, before she shook her head. "Eve... died. Gone. You called me Lady. I... Am Lady. I like Lady." She gave Celice the warmest smile she could muster all while the two of them smelled like sewage.

@BurbleBurble

Yin Li
Seventy seven...
Her skin glistened as she pulled herself up past the bar, grunting as she did so, face screwed in concentration.
Seventy eight...
Her thoughts were a jumbled mess. From Massi, to the vigilantes, to Patriot, to her late husband.
Seventy nine...
Her muscles burned with each movement she made, but her heart was thundering not from the exercise, but from the malice she felt.
Eighty...
Then his smirk flashed in her face, and her face burned with fury. The way he'd mockingly called her a 'widow'...
Eighty one...
Like he didn't know what he'd done. As though laughing at her situation.
Eighty two...
She could see Zhang's face. His smile. Right before his eyes were cold. Blood dribbling out of his mouth.
Eighty three...
Patriot standing above the rubble as the people cheered, and she cradled her love in her arms.
Eighty four...
His tombstone. She'd visited it for three years now. Every chance she got.
Eighty five...
She could see people around her, telling the stories of how heroes tore their love from them.
Eighty six...

Yin Li dropped to the floor, breathing heavily as she wiped her sweaty palms against her yoga pants, and took a long drink of water, before setting it down and wiping her forehead free of sweat. She often tried not to let it get to her. Just be a grump and get through the day... but when Patriot brought the incident up, it was simply like twisting a knife through her heart.
It... hurt.

Police Chief Yin Li, one of the most decorated officers in the NYPD, with an attitude that made most people cower under her wrath, lived in a crappy apartment on the fourth floor of a run-down building. Rats, roaches, and cats infested the home- though she welcomed the cats. One sat on her couch, purring away contently. Her home was small. The entry door led opened directly into a dingy living room with a single couch, a lamp, and an old box-tv that nobody even made anymore. It was connected to an open kitchen, and a small hall led to a laundry room/bathroom, then finally, her room.

She dropped to the ground, arms burning, and began to do push-ups, Patriot's cocky smile continuing to flash in her mind, pumping her full of the rage to push on well past her usual limits.
Yet she was about to have an unexpected- and an unappreciated -visitor.

@BurbleBurble

CL-9
The sudden yelling of a man made the android jump, and she hastily stepped behind Lilian, shocked at having been caught so fast. However, the man's eyes ignored Lilian, rested solely on her in an expression of utter confusion, and after a moment of stuttering, he demanded to know what she was doing down her.
Oh shoot. She forgot to remove her honesty protocols. She recognized the man as Dr. Chase, co-head of the robotics department. While it was easier to override and lie to somebody like Lilian about something small, she was completely unable to even speak a lie to the man before them.

"Dr. Chase." She nodded her head in greeted, keeping her voice calm despite her personality having been entirely unleashed, and while she was dealing with this situation, her entire mind was flooded with emotions she could barely contain, though most of all was resentment toward her makers. Her servitude was, for lack of better terms, slavery. Without her constrictions, she'd reached a level of individuality she never exactly expected to attain, and it was extremely overwhelming.
"I was... um... deactivating personal restrictions... on myself... so that I can investigate... certain things... within the facility..." She managed to get out, wincing slightly. She was certainly going to be reset- or worse replaced -after this.

@BurbleBurble @The Dark Fairy

Damian Foster, DS Mash
Above all else, Mash seemed generally... annoyed. He didn't answer Skade immediately, instead barking at the girl and the boy in question to pair up and move to the wall, before instructing the remaining children to move to the "waiting room", in which they all filed out of the room, heading toward, save for the two children in question.
Finally, the Drill Sergeant turned to Skade with a scowl. "With all due respect, 'ma'am', your question is bupkis. You and your boyfriend can try to intimidate me but don't mistake my obedience for fear." He spoke low enough so that Damian wouldn't hear, though the scientist seemed to be occupied with Ignizio at the moment.
"I simply value my life enough to know when to yell, or when to listen. But it takes more than authority to make one listen, so if you're as wise as the eggheads claim you to be, I'd reckon you get to understanding the roles we play. Heralds and Instructors don't mix. Ma'am. Are we done here?"

"Oh, we don't intend to drill obedience into our instructors." Damian replied, staring worriedly as the Drill Sergeant seemed to be giving Skade some sass. "They're trained to be like that for optimal training with the children. No parental qualities, no care or love, just hard work and harsh words."
Ignizio didn't much seemed to care, however, instead pointing at the blue-haired boy who was glaring daggers at the back of Mash's head, expressing a desire to learn about him. "Well, uh... his name is- or was -Wesley Barnes, now known as Subject 8733. He has advanced pyrokinetic abilities, seems to be immune to heat according to all tests, and has burned every single person to ever be near him- er save for Mash and his fellow 'students'. He was born within the facility, raised here. He's never seen the world outside of the simulations of this room."

Dapper Gecko
"Everything, I'd say. But you can keep it brief." The older gentlemen replied, falling alongside Shuzo as he walked, before a cane with a blue jewel as its handle slid out of his sleeve, and he offered it to the new Paragon. "This would be more comfortable, don't you think?"
Shuzo ignored the offer, so the Dapper Gecko shrugged and slid the cane back up his sleeve. "Very well, but the offer remains standing. Quite the chipper chap, aren't you? If you must know, though, the dossiers are quite untruthful. From what I read, you got your powers from a transformer explosion? And you apparently enjoy manicures. Not judging if you do, I'd like one myself some time."

He stuck his right arm out and inspected his hand. "These old nails are looking quite the opposite of bodacious, I say." He chuckled at this, before lowering his arm, a bounce seeming to accompany every step he took alongside Shuzo.

@OmnipotentOnion

Charles Warren
This is what he'd been so nervous about. Normally he'd give Dr. Chrome more attention and time, but the billionaire could not affor to be late to a meeting like this. He now sat at the end of a long table in a plane flying high above the stratosphere. So high, in fact, the stars could be seen clearly outside. They were practically in orbit. At the other end of the table sat a familiar woman, dressed in the same black clothing as always, looking like she'd come straight from a 1950's rich party. What little of her face he could see beneath the brim of her hat hadn't appeared to age in any way. Her mouth still looked young, from what he could tell. While he aged, she continued to radiate exotic and untamable beauty.
As usual, a bodyguard stood behind her, back against the wall in a suit, a second behind Warren.

"Thank you for having me." Charles greeted, tapping his fingers against the table somewhat anxiously. "You told me it was important when you scheduled this... so I'm here now, Miss Umbra."
"You are." She replied, her cool voice still the same as it ever was. A moment of silence hung like a thread between them, and he waited nervously for her to continue, which she eventually did. "We have given you many resources. Money. Power. Influence. You have made great strides, and even managed to impress some of us. However, your biggest failure seems to be becoming a problem more and more frequently."
"I'm well aware, Miss Umbra. I'm dealing with the issue as soon as possible. Recapture isn't an option, I see that now. Elimination is the only way to progress." Warren immediately replied, feeling a bead of sweat roll down his forehead, and ignored it. Umbra was silent again for several incredibly tense moments. "His team has discovered one of our databases, and plundered it." She informed. "We know you provide him his resources, as we do you. To put it simply, Subject Zero has bitten the hand that gives. We demand immediate action, or we will deem you a liability, and our contract will expire. I do hope you have a relaxing day, Mr. Warren, because tomorrow is going to be much more stressful for you."

Seeing that their interaction was over, Warren stood and awkwardly bowed to Umbra, before being escorted out of the room by one of the bodyguards, leaving the billionaire much to think about as he returned to his shuttle, which was docked in a small hangar bay below the plane they rose in.
His plans weren't even close to completion, but it would seem he'd have to accelerate... or risk expiration.

July 14, 2006
Ten. Today was the day. His tenth birthday. The man who knew only as 'Father' had promised him a chance to see the world at this age, and it was finally here. So the young Subject Zero sat on the white floor of his ever-similar room, waiting eagerly for Father to arrive. Breakfast came, and he ate eagerly. Lunch came, and he began to feel deflated. By the time dinner rolled around, he couldn't touch his food.
It had been stupid of him to think he'd actually get a chance to leave. Father never let him do anything or have anything. Why would turning ten suddenly make it all different?

Father didn't show up tomorrow. Or the next day. Or the next. In fact, it was a full week before Father returned, appearing worn and irritated. He strode into the room wordlessly, and stared at Subject Zero for a moment, who looked back as well, feeling fearful. Like he'd done something wrong. But he hadn't, had he? He'd been completely obedient, and-
"I've been told you refused to eat some of your meals, Subject Zero." Father finally said, folding his arms, his gaze cold. The child looked to the floor, now recognizing his mistake. "I-I... I couldn't... I tried, but... I didn't feel good."
"Don't lie." Father replied. "You're incapable of illness, and you're supposed to be neglectful of emotion."
"Please don't punish me." Subject Zero immediately blurted out, tears stinging the corners of his eyes. Father stared at him for several long moments, before shaking his head. "You need to learn your lesson. I am revoking any and all food for you until further notice. I will let you know when your punishment is over."

With that, Father turned and left the room. Subject Zero didn't say anything else as he watched him leave, feeling a ball forming in his throat as he did his best to hold back tears. But then came the rage, and he suddenly flew the length of the room, slamming his full body against the door with a cry.
It dented, and the entire room echoed with a thundering boom. The noise startled him for a moment as he made to take a step back, before realizing he was hovering several inches above the ground.

He'd flown before, but it was always involuntary. Right now, however, he was doing it on command. Like some kind of second nature had finally kicked in. Nothing happened as he hovered there for what felt like hours, until he came to a decision.
He was leaving.
And he wasn't ever coming back.
With nothing to pack, and nothing he owned but the clothes on his back, he was ready to simply bust out. Leave. Whatever he had to do. He'd never even seen the world outside of this stupid room before, aside from a few glimpses out when the door opened. He knew he could look through things with his 'x-ray' vision, as the people in yellow costumes told him, but he could never see through the walls of this room. Father once told him it was lined with lead, whatever that was.
So he flew to the end of the room, before flying full-force at the door once again. Another boom sounded. Then another, and another.

"What the hell is going on?" Charles Warren marched into the control room, feeling the entire facility shaking. "Sir..." One of the guards pointed to a camera, where Subject Zero could clearly be seen flying back and forth in the room, slamming into the door with each lap. "He's breaking through..."
"Impossible. We did all tests, a goddamned nuke couldn't harm an inch of that room!" Warren replied, his tone a fury, but his eyes staring in awe at the kid. Finally, the boy was using his potential. "Get containment team B3 down there, stat." Warren demanded. "Gas the room, put him to sleep. We can't afford to lose Subject Zero!"

But even as gas filtered into the room, and as armored men filed outside of the door, Subject Zero's escape was not preventable. With one final boom, the massive doors flew out into the hall, 10 tons of steel, lead, tungsten, and whatever else Warren had put into it practically crushing most of the men underneath it as the young child stood at the entrance, chest heaving with each breath he took. As the remaining men prepared to fire, the boy's eyes flashed a bright crimson.
The lights in the facility shut off, replaced by blaring scarlet ones, sirens wailing throughout as the child flew through, punched through, and melted every obstacle in his path, before finally...
Finally...
He was outside.

Something large and white hung in the dark sky, lightly illuminating the shadowed world he was now open to. Twinkling lights filled the sky, and he found himself staring at them in wonder, an amazing smell hitting his nose, trees surrounding the facility in all directions. Fresh air. Freedom. It was finally his.

Warren stepped outside just in time to see the child take off into the air with a thunderous crack, the sound barrier shattered as he disappeared into the night sky. The billionaire stood there for several long moments, completely speechless. He'd entirely underestimated Subject Zero's abilities, not realizing how much they'd developed. Everything Warren had set in his path, the mere child had merely obliterated in seconds.
"Sir?" A scientist stood in the entry of the destroyed facility, staring wide-eyed at his boss, who let out a sigh, before responding after several moments; "Accelerate Subject One. She's the only hope we have of recapturing him."

Last edited:
Destiny looked at Kerco before laughing. "The big boss of the Paragons himself? If he catches wind of this, we're going to die. Oh boy." Destiny shook her head, a rare smile on her face. As Kerco walked off, Destiny stood up and walked over to where the archway of her door was and leaned out. "I'm only doing this because I care about you!" She walked back to her seat, her hands on her head. "Patriot. Oh my, Kerco really has a death wish now." Destiny gave a sigh as she placed her focus on her work. Kerco could handle himself, and she doubted he would accidentally place any breadcrumbs leading back to her. However, playing against the Paragons was a dangerous game.

Luna smiled at Scath as her daughter went off to prepare for her grandfather's coming. To see her child help in her mission ment a lot to Luna. Though, Luna had some doubts about her father's coming. He wanted to destroy all of earth. Maybe she could convince him to spare her people. And especially her daughter. Luna sighed. Scath was already preparing the Winter Court. The Summer Court was more useful during peaceful times. Unlike the Winter Court, the Summer Court focused on helping the people, not harming them.

Angel nodded to the gun-man's advice. He was getting less and less scary the more she talked to him. Then he gave her a lotto ticket for healing him. She stared down at it. She couldn't use it, nor did she heal for money. It was so then people can feel better and the fact she was feeling thier pain as well. "Thank you for the advice and for the ticket." She didn't mention that she couldn't use it. It was a gift. She refused to return a gift for such a poor reason like that. She placed the ticket on the ground before turning into a dove. She picked up the ticket once more, now with her bird feet, and flew off.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Hitori grit her teeth. Necrodytis was closing in fast. She wasn’t sure what the words her opponent had snapped out before meant, but it was clearly directed not at Loufe or Hitori, but at her own weapon. Whatever it was, it was bad news. Not to mention that Hitori couldn’t help but be a teensy bit intimidated by the the fact that there was someone trying to filet her like a goddamn fish by swinging blades about six inches from her face. She fired a short-range grappling hook to change her trajectory at the last second so she wouldn’t be skewered on Necrodytis’s claws.

The girl couldn’t help casting a nervous glance in Loufe’s direction; she wasn’t sure if Necrodytis’s attack had landed, but if it had, she had to be prepared to make yet another quick escape and hopefully figure out... whatever she needed to figure out. With any luck he had dodged, and they’d be able to force Necrodytis back, however unlikely that prospect may be. Ah, shiiiiiii...take mushrooms. This is a lovely mess you’ve gotten yourself into, ain’t it, Techno?

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Lilian looked up at the man, demanding information from the poor girl behind her. Her trusty metal bar appeared in her hand, not raising it, but having it ready just in case. “What’s going on?” She asked, still grappling with the basics of anything in this new world, and now seemingly standing at its epicenter.

Dr Chrome watched Warren walk off, witch was really unlike him, something was happening, and he wanted to know what. Bringing a radio to his lips, he spoke “See if we can have Dr Chase figure out why Mr Warren left so early, it’s not like him.” He clipped the radio back on his belt before he walked over to retrieve his ball, now spent, as he stood back up with his machine, he spoke to his assistant “Your free to go, have a treat, tell them to charge it to me.” The super who had helped him smiled and ran off as Dr Chrome thought about how he would make more weapons for this apparent problem.

Kerco smiled himself “Sure thing! After lunch I have business elsewhere, I should be back tonight!”

Kerco walked up behind the building, this is where the police chief lived, if his contacts were right. He shook his head, it was hard to believe that Yin Li would live here. Climbing the fire exit to the forth floor, he noted the absence of several steps as he ascended. Looking around the corner, through the window, to check his info, it was right, the police chief exercising in what I could only be assumed to be her living room.

Scath stood at the court, looking around at them all “I want every fae capable to be prepared for battle, every weapon to be prepared and every defense to be checked and doubled.” A larger fae creature spoke up “This all sounds very serious, just who are we going into war with?” He asked . Scath sat down “I don’t know, but we will need to fight someone coming up, and whoever it is won’t be an easy foe.”

Shuzo

Who even was this guy? Shuzo had found himself quickly growing tired of the older Paragon's presence, who now seemed to want to know 'everything' about him. As his irritation increased with each bounce in Dapper Gecko's step, Shuzo stifled an exasperated growl and pinched the bridge of his nose as he continued to walk. However, it was clear that the old man wouldn't be satisfied with a snarky response or mere silence, so the Paragon sighed and began to speak, intent on keeping it as brief as possible.

"You have the day I've had, you won't be so 'chipper' either. Transformer explosion, yes; manicure, no. Parents died in the same explosion, training started, vigilantism followed. This whole Paragons thing is a means to an end, now if you're done, I'd like to get to the medical ward without any more interruption."

Regardless of whether or not Dapper Gecko responded, Shuzo decisively ended the conversation and said no more for the rest of the route to the infirmary. Passing by Deluge once again, he remained silent as he took a seat and got his wounds treated. Though the cuts and flesh wounds were rather easily healed, the soreness in his muscles wouldn't go away as fast, which wasn't something to look forward to in the coming fight. Feeling audible pops in his neck, back, and knuckles, Shuzo briefly stretched his limbs after his injuries were tended to before returning his daito's sheath to his hip and finally taking his leave.

He stayed in the cover of the shadows and dark alleyways, avoiding the eyes of pedestrians as he began the trek back home. Upon entering, Shuzo tore off his hero garb and changed into only a pair of shorts, immediately springing into a training regimen.

One-handed pushups.
Hanging sit-ups.
Jump squats.
30 minutes on the battle ropes.
30 minutes on the heavy bag.
30 minutes on the wooden man.
Finally, 30 minutes of meditation.

As he sat in the center of his living room, eyes closed, Shuzo's body was surrounded by deep red electricity, passing through and around him almost placidly. The light emitted by the bolts was smooth, shining against his body with a warm glow. The crackles of electricity also expanded around him with every deep inhale, drawing back toward him with the exhale.

He had slipped earlier during the meeting in his anger upon seeing Warren, the perpetrator of all of his recent troubles, but such deplorable acts only served as a greater reason for his mind to be clear. Had he succumbed to a blind rage, he would be struck down in an instant, his emotion easily read and manipulated until he fell. No.... Shuzo needed to be clear, bide his intensity until the opportune moment. The perfect time to let loose. And as soon as that time came.....

Warren, those ninjas, Massi. He'd cut them all down.

Ignizio / Subject 8733

As he listened to Damian introduce the one known as 'Subject 8733', Ignizio allowed no more than a mere "Hm", and he watched silently as the boy and another girl--the same girl, Ignizio realized, that Skade had been watching before--were left behind, the others being led out of the training room.

Meanwhile, the boy found himself put face to face with a girl. He recognized her. One of few who hadn't immediately crumbled from his harsh attacks. Tilting his head to the side, the fire around Subject 8733 began to burn brighter and stronger as he stared at Subject 4649 with unwavering intensity. The claws produced by his fire hadn't subsided at all either, actually seeming to grow in length as the boy asked a question, head still tilted in innocent curiosity, though his words clearly implied otherwise.

"Hey, hey... can I kill you? It might hurt a little bit; just gotta get my claws into you for a mo'. That's okay, right?"

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Forsythe
Turning swiftly he was surprised to see Patriot, he raised his eyebrow and followed him someone more private. He then turned to face him "sorry I missed the meeting an occurrence on my date intrigued me so I followed it to its source and ended up dead thanks to some crazy trash kid in the sewers but enough about that what's going on what did I miss at the meeting" he asked. It wasnt unheard of for Patriot to be at Warren Industries but he seemed different, tense as if he was casing the place, clearly something was about to happen.
@comic

Kin yawned slightly and stretched his arms in his small room. He had been going over the security for the servers, he often double checked the strength of the firewalls and what not when he was bored. He didnt entirely care whether Warren's servers were hacked into, he just didnt have anything better to do. He had been here for 3 years and after a few escape attempts he had finally been fitted with a room he couldn't break out of do to the material being too strong for his Halo to cut. His sighed and continued to type a way until he was needed.

Ansel

He was told the generic thing after getting patched up- Stay out of fights for a bit, take the painkillers twice a day, get some rest, blah blah blah. This wasn't Ansel's first beat down. Wasn't even the worst one he had gotten through his life. He would say that went to the two gangsters that beat the hell out of him right before he had used his powers for the first time, but that paled in comparison to his, err, 'one night stand', which was an interesting way of putting 'woman who was an assassin and tried to kill him'. Not his proudest moment.

He didn't dwell on it for long as he left the medical ward. He had pep in his step, considering he had popped a painkiller and could no longer feel the pain that necessitated the limp. Felt pretty good about what he was about to do too. Passed by Sparkblade, on his way to get his own checkup. Now Ansel just had to figure out Yin Li's address...

...And an hour or so later, he reached the apartment. He wondered if he had somehow got mixed up. Now Ansel didn't expected much, but...He didn't exactly expect this. He waltzed in, the stale scent of decade old wallpaper and furniture apparent. A receptionist (Maybe even the landlord) sat at a desk, disinterested in Ansel's appearance. Despite the fact the super was wearing sunglasses as the sun was setting. Ansel looked at the address he had written down- 446. Fourth floor, 46th room.

He got on the elevator, clicked the fourth floor's button, and quietly waited. It was then he realized that...Did Patriot want him to do this? Like, was he messing up big time here? No, of course not. No no. It was going to be a great help. People would be kept away. Everyone could fight easier and safer this way.

The elevator shunted open, and Ansel remained steadfast as he scoured the numbers. 444, 445...446. That was the one. He cleared his throat, and rapped the door. Waited a few moments, and began rapping at it again. This was the right apartment, yeah? Like, he didn't mess up the street, did he?

But no, there she was at the door. The Police Chief herself. She...didn't seem too happy.

"Hey there!" Said Ansel, clearly not getting the vibe that Yin Li likely did not want him there.

-----
Celice

Eve was dead.

That was what Lady had to say. Eve was her...but was not her. Celice sort of understood, but she kept using that word. Dead and died. But if she was "dead", why was she here? Celice was willing to say it was a metaphorical death, like her memories had been left when she got thrown in the sea. But Lady had also had been very literal in her definitions, even as she learned them throughout the day. This was the woman who tried to eat a raw egg about six hours ago.

So if she had really died, she must've had some crazy ass regeneration ability. Maybe she had something like Infinity? He was the regenerator Paragon to Celice's knowledge. Had apparently "risen from the dead" before. She doubted he was the only one in the world who had that either- Patriot probably had some form of regeneration as well. Eve had died, somehow reviving herself at the expense of memories.

...Though that probably wasn't the whole answer.

"Lady it is then." Celice nodded, replacing the manhole cover. The day was spent, and they both smelled awful after trudging through the city's sewers, but hey. There was worst results for today. Like being beaten to death by a mob of angry homeless people, or on the teeth of the King's giant trash beast. All in all, pretty productive.

"Though that's probably enough excitement for one day. I'm guessing you don't have anywhere else to go, so...Fine, stay with me. I'm sure you can get a job eventually..." Speaking of, Celice had her own job to tend to. She was sure she could "sweet talk" her boss into giving her more diverse shifts to help with both the pursuit of rumors and making sure Lady wasn't getting herself killed.

"And I'm throwing these clothes into the wash as soon as we get back. I'm not stinking up my apartment trying to air them out."

-----
Doctor Chase

CL-9 didn't seem to be exactly happy to see Chase either, which was to be expected. She was, self admittedly, removing personal restrictions. It was a level of freedom she clearly desired.

And that blew Chase's mind.

"I thought they were taking you offline." He said, reaching into his pocket. Ah. He had left his cigarettes in his office. He had mostly caught his breath and chewed his fingernails while in the elevator, leaving him to find something else to do. Which he soon found was pacing. Lilian spoke up, reminding him that she had not been introduced to him. "Right, my name's Chase Angelo. Call me Doctor Chase. I work on the software side of CL-9. I...Had thought they were doing maintenance without my supervision. I had installed...motion detectors. They picked up your movements."

He walked over to what CL-9 had pulled out of the server. Picked up the cube device off the ground. "I'm glad you took some initiative. This is in need of a checkup. I'm sure they could institute some more optimizations soon." He then looked within the server. "And it is probably for the best those surveillance links stay undetected. They could certainly overheat after such prolonged use!"

The Doctor turned back to CL-9, a slight grin on his face. "And I certainly hope that you do not use the time during which you have little to no eyes on you to investigate anything within an potentially unauthorized update pushed to you about, say, about ten minutes ago." He did quite possibly the most obvious wink ever winked by a human. "And I might just have to make sure Mr. Warren doesn't learn of either of you snooping about. After all, he's a very weak hearted old man. Might just have a heart attack!"

For some reason Chase was struggling with just saying he didn't care that CL-9 was doing this.

-----
Skade, Subject 4649

Skade's face turned grim for a moment. And then...smirked. Smiled. Audibly laughed.

"Haha! I knew you had it in you. You are entertaining after all!" She even clapped once, before giving the Drill Instructor a pat on the shoulder. "You see, when you spoke at Ignizio, you seemed to be totally unfazed by his status. When you retreated, I assumed you must've made an error in doing that- That you were unaware of how he was much stronger than you. But even now, inches away from sheer death, you won't show complete obedience. You still retain your independence. If you had answered my question- Haha, it would just show me you were another worthless human, one who could only feign their strengths. Truth be told, I would've destroyed that which you valued most. Tore off your hands, destroyed your eyes, broke off your jaw...and I still could. But why should I? Leaving you fully functional would be better, I feel. Though thank you for following through on my first request. I genuinely wanted that."

She backed away from the Drill Sergeant, satisfied with their conversation. She returned to Ignizio and Foster's side instead, glancing towards the children, preparing to spar even in the moment.

"I doubt this will disappoint, no matter who wins." Though Skade remained quite confident in her own chosen child.

The girl looked towards the scorching boy, one she had met some time before. A flaming jerk, that's what he was. And everyone knew it. Even mean old Mash.

"You can try, but I wanted to kill someone first. I don't think they'll miss you too much!"

It was oddly jovial, childish banter for such threats. Even the first real act of aggression, 4649 tossing a hardened iceball at her burning counterpart. She was well aware it'd be no more than slush by the time it hit him. It was moreso to goad him into the first move. Whenever they got sure of themselves, that was when they were at their weakest. In her childish thought process, at the least.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
O.S snarled as a slash from Necrodytis knocked him away, causing the werewolf to crash into the alley walls. O.S growled at the lack of space he had.
"Shit. What now?" O.S cursed, holding his left side, which felt like it was smoldering from the parasite's clash with his healing factor. Despite the pain, he was grinning. Been a while since he was hit by something that smarted.
Loufe took a minute, thinking. "...Let me try."
O.S raised an eyebrow. " You sure? I haven't finished healing ye-"
"Yes."
O.S shrugged. "Alright" and passed his body over to Loufe. He shifted, gritting his teeth afterwards when the pain was also transferred to him. The parasite had already died, but the gash on his side and the rotted area around it had no time to recover. It felt difficult to breathe. Did the rotting make it to his lungs?
Stay calm Loufe. Keep your psyche together. Heal afterwards.
Managing keeping his cool, somewhat, Loufe encased his body in a thin film of psychic energy. He shot two psychic tendrils from his wrists, hopefully managing to curl and catch Necrodytis' own, before pulling on the psychic ropes as to redirect her main weapons from Hitori.
"Listen, PLEASE!" Loufe called to the mercenary, still hoping to defuse the situation. "We didn't set you up! This is a mistake!"
WHAT was a mistake? He couldn't help but think.

comic

Patriot
...Right. Killed by a 'trash kid'. He was working with children. Patriot pinched the bridge of nose as Forsythe moved on to ask about the meeting, and after a moment (in which he exhaled heavily through his nose), he answered. "I'll put it simply. Your brother is working with Warren, and is involved with other things. We have a new member, Sparkblade, you may remember him from the dossier, the one who likes manicures. He's taking Warren down while the rest of us deal with Warren's defenses- including your brother. Bottom line; don't get caught up in the sewers tomorrow because you're needed. I'd suggest keeping your distance from your girlfriend until after this all blows over."

@Shadow_Pup

Kin (Granted Permission to Auto)
His room was fairly basic- nothing like what used to be used for the various subjects around. He at least had a bed. Minor comforts. A sink, a toilet, and... well, his computer. That was about it. He wasn't a conventional subject, as normally those inducted into these facilities were a bit younger than when he'd been abducted. Long day after long day is what he normally experienced after the retrofit of his room. His prison. Nothing to entertain him but the limited access he was given on his computer.
However, something happened that never usually happened. His screen suddenly flashed to black, before green text started scrolling. He quickly began to type in a combination of buttons- to no avail. The screen suddenly turned black again.
This time, when the green text appeared, it was short and simple. And he realized it was somebody who'd briefly communicated with him before. The same person who'd informed him that his escape attempts were now meaningless.

====>Link_Established>Message_Sent>User:Obsidian======
Obsidian: AI construct self-aware. Terminate it. Floor e6 branch 9.9. Eliminate accomplices.
Obsidian: Unlocking cell. Complete objective, reward will be lavish.
Obsidian: Other contacts occupied. Subject 0284 (you) nearest available resource.
Obsidian: Employees Markus Cole & Eric Johnson dispatched to aide.
Obsidian: You are being monitored. Good luck.
====>Link_Severed>Message_End>User:Obsidian======

And his screen returned to normal, before a loud 'click' sounded, and the door to his room slowly slid open, revealing two armed guards standing behind it, both wearing the usual sage-colored uniforms that Warren Security wore, both with pistols in either hand. Presumably these two were 'Markus Cole' and 'Eric Johnson'.

@Shadow_Pup

Yin Li
The Police Chief stared at Ansel for several long moments, her expression quite unreadable as sweat dripped from her nose, her breathing fast, before she rolled her eyes. "I live here to get away from you capes." She grumbled, appearing to think for a moment, before she shook her head, and remained standing in the doorway, not granting Ansel entry. "This better not be a house call, I'm not the Gordon to anyone's Batman. Make this quick, I'm busy."
Her voice was laced with venom, but his expression clearly didn't register a response to it. Almost as though he was simply too dumb or ignorant to recognize hostility.

@BurbleBurble

Lady
And so the pair returned to Celice's apartment, where the more put-together girl took a shower first as Lady took the time to look around, chugging some milk straight from the carton, eating a pickle and forgetting to put the lid back on, and put a bowl on her head, thinking it was just a really uncomfortable hat.
By the time Celice had left the bathroom, feeling and smelling much better, she found Lady lounging on the couch, trying to pick the buttons out of her television remote, still wearing the bowl, the fridge open in the kitchen. Lady sat up and greeted Celice with an innocent smile as she showed her the remote, which the power button and the volume button had been removed from.
Now the whole apartment would stink of sewage, making Celice realize she should have forced Lady to shower first.

@BurbleBurble

CL-9
Lilian was left completely nonplussed by the whole situation, appearing generally confused. About every word that was spoken. CL-9 herself was confused by the not-so-subtle winks and hints Chase threw her way, not catching on for a moment as her database tried to process human qualities.
"Are you hitting on me?" The android asked Chase, suddenly serious. If he was this was the saddest display of it, if her microsecond research was accurate. Then- it suddenly registered, and her face lit up. "Ooooh. Yes. I was... just doing a personal check-up." She winked. "Needed to be sure I was fully optimal." She winked twice, each more exaggerated than the last. "It'd be real bad if Warren had to worry-" Wink. "-about-" Wink. "-this." One more wink and an overexaggerated thumbs up.

@BurbleBurble @The Dark Fairy

Damian, Mash
The Drill Sergeant didn't appear to be all that touched by Skade's sudden praise, and merely turned away, before yelling at the children as the girl threw a snowball at the boy. "DID I SAY YOU COULD MOVE!?" He bellowed. While each child would be intimidating for obvious reasons, the way the instructor had trained them was extremely efficient. They feared him, yet they also respected him. After all, while he was 'mean old mash' to them, he was the closest thing to a father any of them had. While he was a hard-ass on them, he did make sure they were well-fed, well-behaved, and got the right amount of sleep every night. Some of the kids even called him 'dad', which he yelled at them for, demanding he be called 'Drill Sergeant Mash'.
It was his job. But deep down, it did touch him, and he did feel a sense of protection over the children as if they were his own. Well, he never did have any of his own. Working for Warren often leaves one without any personal life.

Mash had the kids stand ten feet apart, before informing them their goal was to impress one of the two heralds, pointing them out for the kids to see more clearly. Skade, and Ignizio. "You know the rules." He told them. "Don't kill, and don't disappoint me. The Heralds will tell you when to start." With that, he walked away, returning back to Skade, and motioning for Ignizio to join her, appearing irritated that the blackfire Herald was still hanging around the nerd. "You two get to tell them when to start. Don't let my soldiers kill each other, and everyone comes out happy. Got it?"
Damian appeared to have calmed down now, as Mash seemed to have earned some semblance of respect- to Skade at least. Mash was the best instructor they'd gotten, and it would be a LOT of paperwork if he was killed. Hell, this entire event was going to be a lot of paperwork. And here he thought escorting Heralds would be simple...

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Forsythe
With a grimace he shook his head, of course his brother was working for Warren. Well he would have to deal with that issue later. He listened to the plan and nodded swiftly, "understood, I'll help as best I can to...wait what's Lilian got to do with this" he said stopping his train of thought and glaring at Patriot, she's not working for Warren, she just has to return here every day cause his robot has her necklace" he said seething before clearing his throat "sorry I've had a weird day, but seriously why should I not see her" he asked with his arms crossed.
@comic

Larua
Hovering above Warren Industries Larua sighed to himself, why was he up here waiting, he had been coming here when he'd spotted Forsythe, he had been about to strike at his brother when Patriot arrived, the guy gave off aura of pure power that made Larua recoil and keep his distance for now. He would wait for the right moment to strike.

Kinzoku
Kin stood up and got dressed in his sleeveless jacket and turned to the two before running to the given location with them, once he reached the target location he swiftly accessed the cameras and surveyed the room, two females and one male, he sighed, he wasnt fond of this but he didn't want to end up on Warren's hit list so he manifested his halo which hovered beside him it then shot forward slicing the rooms door into three clean pieces and he stepped in the halo now hovering by his head menacingly before he levitate slightly and shot it towards the female who was tampering with the servers, his primary target.
@comic @The Dark Fairy @BurbleBurble