• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Omega Imperative (Pokemon Mystery RP)

[RP Sign-Ups/Discussion Thread]
[Current RPers: @Eeveechu151, @DopeLeafeon470, @BurbleBurble, @Il Fantasma, @Mr.Glaceon, @limniris, @Florem]

Admonitus City, the capitol of an island to the east coast of Kalos, is a bustling and thriving place. Trade and commerce from all the world circulates to there, and it is the greatest center of Pokemon knowledge imaginable with the yearly Professor's Conclave and World-Wide Pokemon Library. However, this island's commerce isn't all good. Many bad eggs exist on the island, namely illegal and unsavory empires under the eye of the federal law enforcement. Amongst all this is a dangerous chemical known only as Ω, which can raise the powers of a Pokemon to their maximum at the cost of their mental state. Their producer is unknown, but what happens when a Pokemon that claims to be a former test subject shows up to reveal the truth behind Ω...?

---

The Gardevoir had just been in the fields, picking out some berries for lunch. She snapped the last Oran Berry off of the tree, looking at the leaf she was using to hold the berries.
"That's twelve of them! Should be good for lunch." the Gardevoir said with a smile. She happily trotted over towards the cave where she and her brother had made their home. On the way back, however, she noticed something. Gallade was standing out in the fields. Gallade looked back towards Gardevoir. "Hey, brother! What's up?" Gardevoir asked. Gallade didn't respond, merely running forwards. Gardevoir tilted her head in confusion before following her brother. As she approached the cave, however, she saw a shocking sight.
Gallade was tied up and on his knees. "Sister, it's a trap! Run!"
Gardevoir was about to reply when a sharp net-like substance tackled her to the ground, blasting her with electricity. Gardevoir was knocked out in seconds.

Gardevoir shot up from the wooden surface of the bench, breathing heavily. "Just a dream... it's just a dream..." she said to herself, sighing. Though she knew it wasn't - the memory was still fresh in her mind, as if it had been yesterday.
The day her life changed.
Gardevoir closed her eyes, sensing for nearby people with her Telepathy. She got a familiar reading, and her eyes opened wide. They're here already?! she thought. I've got to go! The Gardevoir kicked her legs to the side and got up off the bench, quickly breaking into a run. She made a mad dash towards whatever area of Admonitus City might have somewhere she might be safe from them.

Ken Westwood stepped off of the boat, putting his hand over his eyes to block out the sun as he gazed at the large city. The Residential District of Admonitus City was huge, and was also the part that connected to the Kalosian port. Ken smiled as he pulled his map out of his pocket to look at the city. The Residential District was in the southwest of the island, with the Governmental District to the northwest, the Commerce District to the southeast, the Industrial District to the northeast and the Educational District in the center of it all. And in the Educational District was the World-Wide Pokemon Library. Ken smiled as he folded his map closed again, having his bearings. He needed to go northeast from here to reach his destination. With that in mind, Ken began to set off - until someone bumped into him, causing him to stumble and fall on the ground.
"Ow..." he said, having hurt his arm. "I guess that's what I get for not paying attention... Hey, you alright?" Ken asked to the person that had collided with him.

Last edited:
Casey hopped off the ferry to Adontimus. Apparently, there was an ancient series of Pokemon that started near this region called Mega Evolution. Only one Pokemon from Unova was blasted by something called The Ultimate Weapon that gave it this power: Audino. Its hearing capabilities increase, as its body turns white and its eyes light red. He was going to someplace called the PCL in Kalos, maybe they would know more about--"OOF!" Casey also stumbled and fell. "Yeah, I'm alright. I wasn't looking where I was going, and..." he glanced at the boat behind him. "You new here?" Casey asked.

Last edited:
Mike stepped off the ship, now landed at Adontimus Town's port. The ride was nothing smooth, the ship being thrown around like an electron in the electron cloud. "Never again. Next time, we take a plane." Mike said to his partner, who sat on the railing of the ship. His partner was Frostbite, or Frost, the Glaceon. It was her idea to take the ship. She gave a slight nod, as water wasn't something she wanted to experience any more either. The two stepped off the boat, only to be blocked by two people talking. "Umm," Mike said while pushing his glasses up to his eyes. "Could you guys move?"

"Uh, yeah, actually." Ken replied. "I just got here. I'm headed to the educational district to do some studying." Ken then heard the man trying to get them to move. "Oh, sure. Sorry." Ken moved out of the way, letting the man pass. "Anyways, what's your name? I'm Ken Westwood, Dark-type researcher and student of Kalos's prime high school, L'Ecole du Chene."

Not far away from the source of the commotion walked a nearly-pink-haired person, a Spinda holding their hand, making them crouch down. The person was seemingly sweating nervously, looking down to their Pokemon partner with a furrowed brow. In their free hand was a small book, a word on the cover hidden by their hand, and an elegant calligraphy pen. Wherever the Spot Panda Pokemon was taking them, this person did not want to go. They approached the two talking people, due to the Spinda's teetering, and the person nearly had a heart attack when the green-spotted rabbit fell over right by them, nearly landing onto a foot of the brown-haired guy. This caused his Trainer to quite literally squeak, grab him by the torso, and bolt off in the direction of the library, muttering a quiet "sorry," to the two in a high-pitched voice as they passed. The Spinda, Paxton, looked up to his Trainer and shrugged apologetically. Neither noticed that the pen and sketchbook were dropped as this all happened. In fact, the book had opened to a page with the name Rylan written out in calligraphy.

I've got to run, run...
Vul was not gonna stop running. He didn't know when those thugs were going to stop chasing him, but the little fox wasn't going to stop until he was sure of it. A chain link fence blocked his path, but no matter- he dug a little ways under it to get by. Unfortunately, as he squeezed through, the black bandanna tied around his neck got caught on the ends of the chain link. He couldn't afford to lose the hankerchief, but he had to escape...And then he heard it. Someone was coming towards him.

Jackson wasn't exactly an angel. But he also wasn't a monster. When he heard growling and yipping from an alleyway, he had to investigate. There was a Vulpix struggling to unlatch it's scarf from a chainlink fence. "Oh, poor little thing." He leaned down and let loose the bandanna. "There you go, run on home now lil' Vulpix." Jackson told Vul, patting the fox on the head. The Vulpix ran off, out of the alley. Though Jackson strangely enough swore he heard a "Thanks" from somewhere. Strange. Well, he had heard stranger things out in the streets. Jackson didn't give it much thought as he left the alley way.

The boy had ended up in the residential area early in the morning. He wasn't sure why he had come to this island- perhaps it was just the fact he'd never been to such a place before. In any case he had been wandering for some time now, but perhaps it was time to find some store fronts to get some supplies...where ever those were. Hmm. He'd need a map.

A boat had recently arrived. And as people were getting off the boat, an amount of people were accumulating. One Jackson noticed in particular was a boy that seemed a little younger than him, wearing a pair of glasses and a labcoat. He was being followed by one of those Eevee Pokemon too. Well, he looked like he knew where he was going. Jackson had found his ticket to the shopping district.

"Hello there, young sir!" Jackson said as he approached the kid with glasses. "Name's Jackson, pleasure to meet you, I've appeared to have lost my way. Could you tell me the direction to go to reach the shopping district? I'd greatly appreciate it."

Mike took a few steps forward pass the two conversing, Frost following in suit. "So, what to," He was cut off by another person behind him. "HELLO YOUNG SIR!" Was said, causing Mike to jump clear out of his skin. Frost snorted. "Scardy Cat." It seemed to say. Mike turned to the newcomer who introduced himself as Jackson. "Shopping district? I might head there myself. Mind If I, well, tag along, me and Frost?" He asked while pointing in one direction. "It's this way, by the way."

Florem stepped off the Ferry with her hands clutching the rails tightly as she tried to steady herself, "why...why did it have to be by boat" she muttered to herself trying to stay calm as she by pasted two boys around her age to step onto the pier and off that evil contraption. The pinkette tried to slow down her rapid heartbeat from being on the open ocean but it was taking a bit of time to do so, spotting an empty bench she quickly took a seat and let out a small sigh as she finally started to relax a bit from being away from the open waters. Florem felt the air around her turn a bit colder and a small smile found its way to her lips as she looked down at her shadow to see a pair of glowing red eyes filed with concern, "oh Spookz don't worry, I'm quiet alright now" she spoke softly to ease her Gengar's mind though as she spoke to her pokemon it merely looked like she was talking to herself.

Hannah Irving stared out at the blue water, watching as a Wailord breached the waves in the distance. Several Clauncher swam beneath the surface by the pier, and a disorganized flock of Wingull flew above. Idly waiting by the docks, she smiled. Maybe the ocean wasn't her favorite place, but she couldn't deny its wonders.

"Hey!" came a muffled, gravely voice from behind her. "C'mon! We have to get moving! Quit standing around!"

"Yeah, yeah." Hannah took off her backpack and unzipped it. Inside was a sickly-looking Lotad, its lilypad drooping over its eyes. "Flip, what do you want to do first?"

The Lotad, Flip, glared as best he could. "We're in the city now, we gotta search for clues! Look for people to talk to!" He waved a stubby leg, gesturing for her to follow.

"'Kay." Sigh. Hannah really wasn't fond of conversation (or at least not conversation with people). It was for Flip's sake, though. She slung the backpack on once more and walked over to the two people that were standing by the ferries. They looked smart.

After all, Flip could only remember being in some sort of science lab. Maybe these guys would have some idea about whatever had happened to him.

Last edited:
Hmm. Jackson wanted to ditch the guy. He really did. But he had to play along for now. Maybe he could covertly do what he planned. "Oh, I see! Thanks for the directions. And sure, come along! I just adore company." It was hard to try and not sound sarcastic. In any case, Jackson headed in the direction the bespectacled young man pointed in. "If you don't mind me asking, you said the...Ice Eevee was named Frost, yes? You never said your name. Mind if I ask? For the sake of transparency and all."

The Vulpix watched from afar. That man...who was he? That sunglassed greaser fella reminded him of someone. Perhaps a distant memory. In any case, Vul's interest was piqued. Maybe he had found someone to help him after all...the scruffy fox began running towards the shopping district, planning to get himself the ally he needed.

"I'm Casey. Casey Clark. I came here to research an ancient practice known as Mega Evolution. This is my partner, Magnemite," Casey stepped to the side and a Magnemite was floating there. "Bzzzrt," said the Magnemite.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Casey." Ken said with a smile. "I'm afraid I can't help you out that much with Mega Evolution research - I know there's five Dark-type Pokemon that can evolve and what they can do, but nothing else. Professor Sycamore would likely know, though."

The Gardevoir gasped in shock. One of the men had just dashed in front of her, aiming a weird gun at her.
"I found the Gardevoir!" the masked man said. "Keep looking for that Vulpix!"
The other man with him nodded and ran off. The Gardevoir raised her hands in fear.
"Why? Why are you doing this?!" she asked. The man didn't respond. He fired the gun, sending an electric shock towards her. She dashed out of the way, running into an alleyway.
"She's on the run! Someone cut her off!" the man shouted, chasing after her.