• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Omega Imperative (Pokemon Mystery RP) [Discussion/Sign-Ups]

Ever play Detective Pikachu? Well you should try out the free demo before this RP in order to know what to expect. Trainers and Pokemon teaming up to solve mysteries, just more than one team at once. Heroes together!

Admonitus City, the capitol of an island to the east coast of Kalos, is a bustling and thriving place. Trade and commerce from all the world circulates to there, and it is the greatest center of Pokemon knowledge imaginable with the yearly Professor's Conclave and World-Wide Pokemon Library. However, this island's commerce isn't all good. Many bad eggs exist on the island, namely illegal and unsavory empires under the eye of the federal law enforcement. Amongst all this is a dangerous chemical known only as Ω, which can raise the powers of a Pokemon to their maximum at the cost of their mental state. Their producer is unknown, but what happens when a Pokemon that claims to be a former test subject shows up to reveal the truth behind Ω...?

So that's the basic plot we're going to be building off of. Ω, or Omega, is a big problem. The strange drug becomes known of to a select group of characters - the RPers - through certain Pokemon. This group then resolves to track down and ultimately take care of Ω.
First off, the rules.
1) Follow regular PRP rules.
2) You are allowed one main character, but may create other side characters.
3) In terms of Partner Pokemon, only one Pokemon may be assigned to a character. However, I may stretch this rule if I have good reason to or to let you do so.
4) No two Partner Pokemon can be of the same species, this means since I am taking a Gardevoir as my character's Partner Pokemon no one else can have a Gardevoir as their Partner Pokemon.
5) This RP is going to be mainly plot-based, and will follow a story. The story may change and can be influenced by all of you, but there are a few events that I'm setting in stone.
6) In order to ensure you've read the rules, write something about a Bolt of Brilliance somewhere in your forms.
7) Have fun!
Name:
Age: (if a main character, please make them between 14 and 17)
Items:
Skills: (what they can do)
Partner:
Extra:
Nickname:
Species:
Held Item:
Ability:
Moves:
Partner:
Extra:
Pikachu, Gardevoir, Magnemite, Vulpix (Kanto), Mimikyu, the Eeveelutions, Decidueye, Greninja, Zoruark, Lycanroc (Midnight), Absol, Malamar, Machamp

Here's my characters for reference!
Name: Ken Westwood
Appearance: Ken has short brown hair with blue eyes. His hair is a bit ruffly and messy. He has pale skin and is 6'1. He normally wears a black open sweater with grey pants and a white short-sleeved undershirt. Normally carries his backpack with him which holds all his items.
Items: Journal, potions, Dark-type research notes
Skills: Acrobatics, Dark-type expertise, internet fanatic
Partner: Gardevoir
Extra: My main character. Coming from Kalosian schools, Ken has come to Admonitus on vacation in order to study Dark-types using the vast resources of the World-Wide Pokemon Library. He can also speak french.
Nickname: n/a (May get one during the RP)
Species: Gardevoir
Appearance: A regular Gardevoir except for the hand-made charm she wears around her wrist.
Held Item: Gamma Key/Seashell Charm
Ability: Telepathy
Moves: Heal Pulse, Protect (locked), Psychic (locked), Future Sight (locked)
Partner: Ken Westwood
Extra: Originally a wild Pokemon living with her brother, Gallade, Gardevoir was kidnapped by the villains behind Ω to serve as an experiment. However, she managed to escape and ended up in Admonitus City. She's currently hiding from a group of armed goons wearing Duskull masks. Has the ability to communicate with humans, due to her Telepathy.
I'm going to wait until we get a few RPers in order to start the RP itself. Well then, enough waiting. As Detective Pikachu would say, Let's Crack The Case!
@BurbleBurble @Il Fantasma @Staroid this is what I was talking about.
@SS-I Never @Jagson @DopeLeafeon470 @BlueMew392 @Rohan Kishibe would yall be interested in this?

Last edited:
A BOLT OF BRILLIANCE!
Name: Casey Clark
Appearance: Casey has black hair, and a blue sweatshirt with black square-rimmed glasses, and a brown baseball hat.
Items: Unova Research Report, Evolution Stones
Skills: Researcher of the PCL, Unova Knowledge
Partner: Magnemite
Extra: Casey works at the PCL, a research facility for Pokemon. He comes from Unova, and sure knows a lot about it.
Nickname: N/A
Species: Magnemite
Appearance: Just your average Magnemite.
Held Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Light Screen, Thunder Wave, Thunder Shock, Flash Cannon (locked)
Partner: Casey
Extra: N/A

Welcome aboard, Jason! A Magnemite, huh? Interesting with what I have planned. And a PCL researcher? Hm, I guess it'd make sense for the PCL to have a local branch.

Name: Jackson Blunth
Appearance: Jackson stands at 6'0", his skin a sun kissed tan with a lean and toned body, with slightly long brown hair, normally covering his icy blue eyes with a pair of sunglasses. His normal dress is a brown leather jacket which covers a plain white T-Shirt, and a pair of gray jeans. His shoes are some plain black combat boots. Kind of like a 60s Greaser really.
Items: Lighter, Baseball Bat, Bandages and Peroxide
Skills: Fighting, "Flirting", Surprisingly skilled at Math
Partner: Vul the Vulpix (Very creative name, I know)
Extra: Jackson is a young man who calls himself a vagrant. But he's more or less just looking around hitchhiking and stowing away places. Honestly he wouldn't be involved in this whole Omega thing if there wasn't a chance to loot some goods and potentially a monetary reward for helping take down the Ω Scandal. There's also something with the Vulpix who's helping him. It may not be the first time he's met this Pokemon...
Nickname: Vul
Species: Vulpix
Appearance: A scruffy little Vulpix. He's not really different from any regular Vulpix.
Held Item: A Black Scarf. Used to be his father's.
Ability: Flash Fire
Moves: Hex [Locked], Will-O-Wisp, Inferno [Locked], Safeguard
Partner: Jackson
Extra: Vul is an escapee from Ω testing, but wasn't brought in alone. No- The Vulpix had been alongside his Ninetales father when he was kidnapped from their original trainer. Vul got his bandanna from his father, who supposedly got it from his trainer- and while Vul isn't sure why that is, he does know of it's a valued thing of his father, and thus Vul values it as well. While Vul could not escape alongside his father. his motivation is to find someone who will actually go back and help him save his father. While his partner Jackson is...less than optimal, he actually chose him as he's familiar in a way.
I can assure you, neither of these two fools will have a "Bolt of Brilliance". Nor a "Spark of Smartness". Maybe a "Flare of Foolishness".

Last edited:
Looks awesome! I'll wait for one more person to create a character before making the RP.
So Casey's the brains, Jackson's the brawn and Ken's the jack of all trades? This should be interesting.
Oh fyi, for those of you wondering about what it means when (Locked) is beside a move, it means that the Pokemon will have to unlock the move through awakening that power on the journey. So if you lock a move, it means your Pokemon will learn that move later.

Welp, I hope to god I don’t kill this thing with my inactiveness. I might need a recap or two from time to time... sorry ‘bout that. :/

Name: Rylan “Ry / Ry-Ry” Munera
Gender: It’s complicated. (I will be using they/them pronouns, but Ry really goes by any- they’re not picky.)
Appearance: Ry is an abnormally pale and thin person that stands at around 5’ 8”. Their hair is almost a light blush red hue, borderline watermelon pink, cut just above the top of their neck, short enough to reveal their sapphire blue eyes. Usually, they wear a sepia tan sweater (yes, even in heat, though sometimes they strip down to reveal an oak brown tank top), denim skinny jeans, and a pair of off-brand sneakers.
Items: Ry usually carries dozens upon dozens of Potions, Super Potions, Revives, and the like, never quite having any attack-based items on their person ever besides a couple PokeBalls, if those count. Other than that, they have a wallet and a fairly small diary that they only write in on rare occasions.
Skills: No matter how bad a wound might be, especially if they’re on Pokemon, Ry seems to know how to cure it, or at least patch it up, nine times out of ten. They can also tend to get lost in conversation, which can be considered a skill in the crime department since they’re able to question potential suspects for an extended amount of time.
Partner: Paxton the Spinda
Extra: In the beginning, Ry didn’t know much of anything about Ω, but that was before they met Pax. In fact, Pax is the one that usually fills them in on mostly everything. Ry never goes anywhere without their Spinda partner by their side, for fear of social interaction. Thankfully, Pax is more than happy to teeter around town with Ry... the two just won’t have any Bolt of Brilliance until Ry breaks out of their shell.
Nickname: Paxton
Species: Spinda
Appearance: For the most part, he looks like the average Spinda, but he has yellowish-green spots instead of reddish-brown ones. Here’s a picture for reference.
Held Item: N/A
Ability: Tangled Feet
Moves: Feint Attack, Psybeam, Hypnosis, Dizzy Punch
Partner: Rylan Munera
Extra: Pax was a wild Pokemon for quite some time, accidentally making his home dangerously close to the Ω lab, where he was eventually brought for testing. The testing went wrong, not changing any of the attributes it was planning on. Instead, Pax’s red spots became a bright green. Once they saw what they had done, the lab workers tossed Pax out, back into the wild, where he then moved his den closer to Admonitus City, where he met a nervous Ry. The two were quick to become inseparable, and they’ve never quite been parted since.
I honestly feel like I could’ve done a lot better with these forms, but here you go, I guess. Just tell me if there’s anything I need to add or fix.

It's good! Welcome aboard, Em.
Oh and Ω changing the Spinda's colors... interesting. I wasn't thinking it'd include any sort of transformation effect, but it works.

The Eeveelutions are already story-important characters, so I'm afraid they can't be partnered... unless you had a Shiny Glaceon with a nickname, which is different enough to allow.

Name: Mike Dinite
Age: (if a main character, please make them between 14 and 17) 16
Appearance: A nerdy looking boy with straight, black hair. He has blue eyes under a pair of glasses. Mike wears a loose lab coat over a light blue t-shirt and black pants, along with a watch on his left arm.
Items: Watch, Tablet containing programs able to decode different situations and substances (better explained in rp) and a selection of type gems. (Mainly ice)
Skills: Being smart, Science, Technology (sorta) And a pretty good cook.
Partner: Frostbite (Frost) the Glaceon
Extra: Mike can be quite nerdy. He's known for his Bolts of Brilliance, normally when needed most.
Nickname: Frostbite (Frost for short)
Species: Glaceon
Appearance: A shiny Glaceon with a dark blue bandana tied around her neck.
Held Item: An Ice gym made in with the Bandana
Ability: Ice Body
Moves: Ice Shard [locked] Hail, Baby doll eyes, Ice Beam [locked]
Partner: Mike Dinite
Extra:

Yeah I will, I just wanted to figure out a way to work Jackson over to you two without making it too awkward. But with Glaceon's character, I might have found my entrance.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
I have played through the WHOLE of Detective Pikachu, so I know about all of these 'pokemon in real life' problems...

Name: (Professor) Aakil Gashrift
Age: (if a main character, please make them between 14 and 17) Now why would you say that? This character is a professor. He would be older than 17.
Appearance: Black hair, dark skin, white lab coat, glasses
Items: Several strange devices
Skills: (what they can do) Smartness which can be used to recite facts off by heart, enthusiasm for science, the ability to 'tame' and control other pokemon using a device/syrum (so long as they are not owned by another person)
Partner: A Parasect
Extra: As part of his backstory, he was originally intended to be a scientist who had worked on the first form Omega, originally known as Alpha, α. I was going to have him as a scientist who had been transferred by the PCL. He left after Omega had been developed in his final stages. However! I feel as if this character would not be accepted by you due to the number of rule breaking this character makes.

Nickname: Core
Species: Parasect
Appearance: Ordinary Parasect but with a dark tint
Held Item: ???
Ability: Effect Spore
Moves: Stun Spore, Poison Powder, Spore, X-Scissor
Partner: Prof.Gashrift
Extra: none

Detective Pikachu quote: Now why would you say that?

I... I mean, it could be interesting? Only thing is, though, he can't be a main character. Instead, it's likely he's with the Dark Ops. So I'd technically allow him, but you'd need to make a different character to be your main.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
I... I mean, it could be interesting? Only thing is, though, he can't be a main character. Instead, it's likely he's with the Dark Ops. So I'd technically allow him, but you'd need to make a different character to be your main.
Why do we have to make a character between 14 and 17? What makes people of those ages so special? What if we want an 18 year old?

It's because I want our main characters to be teenagers. Look at Dope's character - he's a beginning PCL researcher, but only beginning because he's 15. I'd imagine he's only had his job for a few months or so. Also I want our protagonists to be older than the regular Pokemon protagonist, but also not old enough to be, say, Lieutenant Surge. I'm trying to keep our characters similar to Tim.

A Bolt of Brilliance

Name: Florem Nagi
Appearance: A small and tiny framed 5'0" girl with Cotton Candy pink hair that goes past her waist though it's usually in a lose braid, She has bright Amethyst eyes with a soft peach color to her skin. Florem wears a purple and black turtle neck with a grey skirt along with bright pink tennis shoes, she can also be seen with a grey backpack that has a purple cross on it.
Items: Berries, Mortar and Pestle, First Aid kit, Cooking Supplies, Vials and Potions, Sewing Kit, Sketch Book, Pencils, Notebook, Ghost and Psychic Pokemon researcher material.
Skills: Florem can make her own medicines and food with the use of berries, She can sew pretty well and can sketch pretty much anything with her photographic memory. She has a unique emphatic skill with Ghost Pokemon which allows her to work closely with her Partner who seems to love to lurk in her shadow.
Partner: Spookz the Gengar
Extra: Florem hails from Lavender Town but due to her research she travels quite often, she learned various skills from Breeders and Doctors from her travels and does the best she can to help any Pokemon in need along with her long time partner. She came to Kalos to continue her studies but decided to stop at Admonitus City first to enjoy some down time...hopefully. Florem has a slight fear of large bodies of water due to her inability to swim.

Nickname: Spookz
Species: Gengar
Appearance: He's and Ordinary Gengar and wants to keep it that way
Held Item: Spell Tag
Ability: Cursed Body
Moves: Hypnosis, Nightmare, Shadow Punch, Dark Pulse
Partner: Florem Nagi
Extra: Spookz has been by Florem's side since he was a Gastly and he is fiercely protective of her and will do anything to keep his partner out of harms way even as far as putting her under hypnosis so that he can act alone. Due to Florem's emphatic nature with him he can easily stay in her shadow at all times and even sometimes able to posses his trainer for a short amount of time without her knowledge, though due to lurking in his trainer's shadow so often Florem's skin is cold to the touch as well as the air around her.

Got room for one more? I'd love to join this, it looks like a great mystery RP. Let me know if there's anything that needs changing!

Name: Hannah Irving
Appearance: Hannah has long brown hair in a high ponytail, green eyes, and freckles. She wears a dark green hoodie, blue sweatpants, and white sneakers. Although she has no jewelry, she is never seen without her hat that has a Chespin embroidered onto the front.
Items: Phone (only gonna be used as a video/audio recorder for the purposes of this RP), backpack (10 pound (4.5 kg) limit on how much it can hold), and a small selection of rare berries (Watmel, Durin, Belue, Liechi).
Skills: She can identify all native plants, and has a pretty good recollection when it comes to grass-type Pokémon. Good at parkour, has more endurance than she looks like she would due to her backpacking hobby.
Partner: Flip the Lotad
Extra: Backpack is currently empty aside from her partner (who weighs 5 pounds). Bolts of Brilliance!

Nickname: Flip
Species: Lotad
Appearance: Slightly wilted due to not fully recovering from the effects of Ω.
Held Item: Absorb Bulb (a gift from Hannah)
Ability: Own Tempo
Moves: Bubble, Absorb, Growl, Astonish, Natural Gift (Locked)
Partner: Hannah Irving
Extra: Used to be a test subject, but he was released because, well, he's not that strong. (Whose bright idea was it to waste rare expensive illegal drugs on a Lotad? The world may never know.) Currently resides in Hannah’s backpack. He tends to be very snappish and irritable, but it's just stress. Will do everything in his power to intimidate interviewees regardless of who they are—the ultimate bad cop. Zip up the pack if you don’t want him scaring Pokémon.

Backstory: Hannah was an outcast all through school, only taking solace in her camping excursions away from people. Nature speaks to her-- in this case, rather literally… finding a talking Lotad is weird enough, but learning of a dangerous drug conspiracy in her own town? Ordinarily it wouldn’t have been her problem, but whoever weakened the Lotad so badly deserved to face justice. As such, she resolved to partner up with Flip through his recovery and help restore peace to Admonitus City.

Sample (from The Roserade Legion): Rapidash collided with Arcanine in a small-scale explosion, flames spilling out onto the forest floor around them. The stallion collapsed in a heap as it tripped over its own hooves. Christine worried some over it, but when the embers didn't die down quick enough, she called out Lanturn.

"Use Water Gun to put out the fire! Sorry, Rapidash!" she shouted, and the stallion gave an annoyed snort in reply. Lanturn, struggling to sit up with its flippers, sprayed water over the fiery duo. The flames both on Rapidash's mane and in the leaf litter sizzled out. Christine rubbed her head and looked over at Damian.

"Well, that didn't turn out too well. Hope no one notices." She kicked at some charred dirt and sighed.

(Whose bright idea was it to waste rare expensive illegal drugs on a Lotad? The world may never know.)
Jeremy. It was Jeremy's idea. Yes, Jeremy will be a character in the RP now just so we can have this joke.
And for the record, your RP sample is great, your characters are absolutely brilliant and I now require you in this RP. Welcome aboard!
If the other two potential recruiters join in, then I'm going to close the RP.
Also, waiting for @DopeLeafeon470 to post before responding myself.

A female character! Looks pretty good. Interesting gimmick with the ghost-types, too. I'd just like to ask for a previous RP sample from you.

Thank you and sure though I hope my skills are good enough :3
From My Own RP "Cultura Pokemon College"
Florem turned hearing another call out to her and smiled seeing Keahi, "Oh hello Keahi, the weather is so perfect for the festival and the food is wonderful, me and Oliver here are having so much fun now I just can't wait till tomorrow" she exclaimed happily to her fellow teacher while Oliver stood up straight and barked happily seeing Pelé and Dirge though more happy to see the beautiful Lycanroc.

Kale smiled seeing his cousin so happy as she talked to the woman who came up to them before and did a slight bow to her, "thank you Miss, I'm Kaileb and this is Kayn" he stated while his Toxicroak mimicked him and bowed to the woman as well.

Florem giggled at Kale's mannerisms as he and his Pokemon stood back up, "this is my little cousin I told you about and his Toxicroak they're quite a pair honestly but they're very kind boys" she stated with a proud smile. "He heard about me being a Teacher here and decided to come and study to be a Pokemon Doctor and Breeder because of how well the school is, I'm sure he'll be a great student especially in your class Keahi he just loves taking care of pokemon" she started rambling again as Kale merely blushed at all the attention while his Toxicroak tried to hide it's teasing grin from it's trainer.

Thank you very much and honestly English writing isn't one of my strong suits but I'll do my best since this looks like a fun RP. X3

Is it alright for Hannah to know the name of Omega? I can have Flip just have weird lab memories if you've already got plans for how the group finds out about it! Hannah's gonna talk to Ken and Casey, if my post was too vague.

I'm not really a big fan of human oc's but i guess i join
Name: Sarah Salk
Appearance: Sarah Has blonde hair, white skin, Wears Pink T-Shirt, a blue short skirt, white shoes
Items: Handbag, Phone
Skills: Knows a lot about phones and Technology
Partner: Flame
Extra: Loves her phone so much that she uses it to find info mostly]

Nickname: Flame
Species: Charmeleon
Appearance: Just a regular charmeleon expect it wears a necklace with a special jewel and wears a blue T-shirt (I like T-shirts so I'm having T-Shirts on both characters)
Held Item: A Necklace with a jewel on it
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Flamethrower, Cut, Metal Claw, Ember
Partner: Sarah Salk
Extra: Might get angry at times]

Also, I have been in other RPs on other forums of the internet