• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Mystery of the Polcha Region

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread was made to continue the last roleplay of the Polchan Region that we had which got shut down because of people joining and using one-liners. So, if you'd like to join, message me through conversations, fill out the form, and make sure you read the forum rules!

Polcha is an old region that has recently become very popular, as new theories have formed about the way the region grows and grows eternally. Some think that the island is harnessing energy from a legendary Polchan Pokémon, and that's why most trainers are there. Sadly, a selfish and evil Team Sky has already gotten to the island. Many trainers have teamed up to search for this Pokémon.

Rules:

1. Read the forum rules before requesting to join.
2. We will be using fanmade Pokémon for Polcha, but not for trainers, unless you catch them.
3. Ask me through private conversation if you want to make up a Polchan Pokémon in the roleplay!
4. You can only start with one or two Pokémon that you think are reasonable in rarity. Don't be unfair and ridiculous and go for a Charizard and a Blastoise. Maybe a rare Pokémon and a common one is fairly reasonable. Either way, be fair.
5. Do your research. If you don't know moves for a Pokémon, just look it up!
6. Have fun. Duh! If you want to quit, make an excuse in the roleplay such as "I think I should split up with you guys now." Another way to quit, just privately converse with another roleplayer and tell them to use their and your character.

Form:

Trainer Name:
Pokémon:

My Form:

Trainer Name: Hal-en (Just call me Hal)
Pokémon: Talia the Servine (F)
Extra Info: None

Starter (continuing where we left off last time):

The lion-like Pokémon jumped off the boulder in a fraction of a second. Hal walked around it to get a look, but it was long gone. It could've been an Entei, but there was no way it'd get all the way here. Or, it could've been the legendary Polchan Pokémon. He need to know. Badly.
He pointed to the top of the boulder and crouched down.
"Did you see that, Talia?" he said to his Servine, Talia.
"Ser, servine!"

"Maybe it was an illusion cast by the legendary pokemon at the center." Nash said as Squirts had climbed up onto Nash's hat. "Oh man I really want to see this legendary pokemon." he said shaking in excitement.

"Me too! And you really think that the legendary Pokémon is able to cast illusions? I mean, well, after all, it is a legendary, but still! What kind of powers do you think it has? Maybe it can make volcanoes erupt! Maybe it can mega evolve any Pokémon! AHHH! I'm so excited!" shouted Hal, jumping up and down in excitement.
"No, there's no stopping now. We have to keep moving. Come on, Talia!" Hal ran down a sandy trail, tall trees surrounding the path. The air was dry but breezy and it was a nice run down the path.

"Yeah and it will be amazing to just see let alone be near it" He said excited about what the pokemon would look like. "I just hope that we don't run into any Team Sky goons." he said hoping that none of them were near. Squirts was lying on Nash's hat "Hey Hal have you seen Squirts anywhere I can't find him." he said looking around

"Uhhh, no..." Hal replied, staring at Squirts on his hat, laughing.
"Haha, he's right there!" exclaimed Hal, pointing at his hat, "come on Servine, let's keep walking! Come on Nash!"

"What?" Nash felt his hat and had felt Squirts on there. "Oh you little jokester" he said while catching up to Hal. "He is such a jokester sometimes" he said as he put Squirts back in his ball.

"Yeah, I can see!"
The four walked through a hot jungle for half an hour. They finally found a clearing with short berry stalks around a path. The volcano was more clear to see now, and as they could see, it was much closer.
"Nash, look! Look how close we are!"
There was a rustle in the bushes behind an Oran Berry stalk.
There was silence for a moment, and then suddenly a squirrel-like creature jumped out. It had a leafy, zigzag tail, but other than that it looked normal. Hal pointed his Pokédex at it.
"Acawrn, a grass-type squirrel Pokémon from the Polcha region! They live in groups but go out to hunt and gather in partners or most times alone. They are fierce, but friendly to trainers they are familiar with. Their tails shoot out sharp leaves which grow back very quickly. When disturbed, an Acawrn will stop at nothing to get revenge."
"That doesn't sound good," said Hal, "Talia, go!"
The Servine jumped out from behind her trainer's leg and gave a fierce look at the Acawrn. It gave a puny roar, and stepped in closer, an angry look on its small face.

"Go Squirts, jump and use Water Pulse" The Mudkip did as it was told. The water pulse caused a few of the weaker ones to fall down. "Alright!"

"Those are some squishy Acawrns! A grass type fell to Water Pulse! Impressive. Anyway, Talia, use Energy ball on the last two!"
Talia jumped into the air and formed a green Energy Ball, and shot it at an Acawrn. The other Acawrn took damage from it too.
"Now, finish it off, Squirts!" shouted Hal-en and Nash's Mudkip.

"Alright, Squirts use Water Gun!" Squirts does as its told and blasts the most powerful Water Gun its used. The last Acawrn fainted due to the Water Gun "Woah that was the strongest one yet." Nash said in amazement. Squirts starts to glow "Wait I think he's evolving". The Mudkip Squirts evolves into Marshtomp. "YES! Squirts evolved !". Nash hugged Squirts in his new evolved form.

"Awesome!" exclaimed Hal happily, admiring Nash's new Marshtomp, "I've never seen a Marshtomp before in person! Nice job, Squirts! Also, that Water Gun was incredible!"
Hal focused his attention back on Talia. "That Energy Ball was very impressive, Talia!" he said, putting her back in her Pokéball.
"Hey," he'd realized something, "do you think we should start catching these Polchan Pokémon? They're so cool!"

"Yeah that would be cool to show my friends back in Hoenn" he said putting Squirts back in his pokeball. "Hey it says he learned mud slap. I've heard that's a good move" he said looking at the pokeball and putting it on his sash. "I can't wait to catch some new pokemon" he said pulsing with excitement.

"Mud slap? I thought it was Mud Shot! Anyway, let's head down the path, we're getting and closer to the volcano.
As they walked, the island felt as if it were moving, like a earthquake was forming. Hal was the first to sense it, but shrugged it off as he was feeling dizzy. The wind started to slowly pick up the closer they got to the volcano, even though they were still very far. In the distance, a sand tornado formed. It was far away near an area of sand that they'd luckily already passed.
"This doesn't look too good. Look, Nash," said Hal, pointing at a fallen tree which was starting to move due to the wind.

"Hmm... Well this is new. I wonder if the Legendary has the power to mimic any pokemon move like an alternate ditto" he said looking at the tornado forming behind them in the distance. "We should get up that volcano soon so we don't get hit by any natural disaster" he said walking a little faster.

"Umm... I don't think that's gonna happen! LOOK OUT!" Hal literally screamed and pushed Nash down towards some bushes. A huge log of a fallen tree and some sand following the trunk almost slammed them in the head. Hal panted heavily, turning back occasionally. The log had drifted through the grass and the sand had passed through the path already.
"Are you okay?" he asked Nash.

"Yeah i'm fine thanks. Well what if this island has more then one of the legendaries and they see us as a threat" he said thinking if that was possible. "It could be true. In that book I read long ago it said that one single region held quite a few legendary pokemon"

"Maybe. And boy do you read a lot of books about Pokémon. I think experience is the real thing, but books are fun too. My theory is that," Hal paused, noticing that all was quiet.
"Do you hear that? There's no more disaster!" he turned around, and the winds had slowed down. "Anyway, I was saying my theory is that the island has harnessed too much power and is leaking, and now the Pokémon is fighting back to get its energy, and once it does, the same thing will happen to itself and the island will keep harnessing energy from it, and it is a perpetual cycle. I know, very thought out, but its just a guess. Anyway, what happened to the wind?" he asked.

"I don't know but it seems to have stopped for now. The wind has probably gone to another part of the island." he said looking around. C'mon lets head up to the volcano.

Hal turned, not noticing they were so close the volcano. Well, they technically weren't close. There were a few peaks to climb or go around to get there. Four tall, sharp mountains stood in the way. It was too wide to get around and there was probably no side entrance, so Hal decide they would scale the steep mountains and hike up to the middle one, then they were able to walk down a rocky trail to the volcano, where they could climb and finally reach their goal. Dry, warm winds started to pick up.
"Come on, follow me!" Hal exclaimed excitedly.
He led them down a trail which circumvented the first mountain they stood under. It was a tiring walk but they had already reached half a quarter of the trail.
Panting, Hal finally got his words out. "Maybe... maybe we should cross to the other mountain which is closer to the volcano, since the mountains are connected."
They followed Hal toward the next mountain, the trail becoming more narrow. They finally reached a huge, flat area on top of the mountain (which was as tall as about a quarter of the first mountain).
"Look, Nash!" said Hal, pointing at a giant crevasse which started to form from a huge boulder to the end of the mountain. It rose up without a trail, so it was flat on the sides and they had to hike up a dangerous group of rocks sticking unstably on the side of the mountains. There was a thick layer of snow around them, and the crevasse was made entirely of ice under it. If you were to fall in, you would fall and fall until you got stuck between ice, which would be melted by your body heat. It would keep going on and on until you hit the bottom. Long story short, don't fall in.
Hal felt his legs trample, his crampons crushing ice below him. Frostbite had been eating him alive since they had started hiking up.
"W-we have to... we have to cross the crevasse and climb down, then we'll start scaling the v-volcano." Hal could barely feel his tongue, or anything for that matter.
"Come on, Nash."

"Ok but maybe we should take a break" he said taking some berries out of his satchel. "Here take these" he said handing Hal some leppa berries. Nash put a couple of berries in his mouth.

"Delicious," Hal said through the chewing of the Leppa Berries. He hadn't had any of those in a while, or any type of berry in that matter.
Hal walked up to the crevasse, looking down. The glacial walls of death looked about four and a half feet wide. It was a short and easy jump, but anything at anytime could go wrong.
"Should we cross?" Hal didn't hear a reply, so he did it himself; "There's no turning back now."
He looked back at Nash, then looked back at the crevasse. He had to. He was going to.
Hal took a step backward, closed his eyes, and ran forward. He swallowed hard as he jumped above the crevasse in what seemed to be like slow motion. Then, as he set his first foot on the other side, a cracked stone in the ice grabbed hold on to his satchel's strap. It turned like a pulley as Hal slipped, lifting him up and hanging him by the neck in mid-air.
"HELP!" he cried to Nash in between breaths as he tried not to choke by putting his hand in between his throat and the satchel's strap.

Last edited:
Nash had seen that Hal was in trouble. Nash had jumped across barely making it and helping Hal. "Next time lets get our Pokemon to help." He said after picking Hal up off the ledge.

The air felt thin, and it was worse with Hal being choked over a crevasse. Nash was lucky to've made the jump and helped Hal.
"Good idea," Hal said, coughing, "but I don't want Talia to freeze to death out here! She won't do well with the ice out here."

"Well Squirts could make a thick ice bridge so we could walk over" Nash said holding up Squirts' pokeball. "It could work" he said trying to be smart.

"To the other mountain?" Hal choked, "can Squirts do that?"
Hal looked down at Squirts and remember how able it was in combat. Reluctantly, he sent out Talia.

"Well it can only go so far so yeah" he said looking down at Squirts. "Hey Squirts us Water Gun to make a bridge to reach over there" he said pointing over the other mountain.

Hal watched as Squirts shot a Water Gun which instantly froze up across the mountains. It went a quarter through the way, forming a loose glacial bridge barely extending towards the spiralling trail of the other mountain.

"Well that was a bust" Nash took a brief moment to think. He had eventually come up with a plan. "Hey isn't Talia more powerful in the sun?" he asked waiting for an answer.

"Well, she is only a Servine, but I dunno. Why ya say?" asked Hal, curious about the question. He wasn't very educated on Pokémon, and he had learn from the time that he'd been with Nash that he always had a plan.
"Why ya say?" he repeated.

"Well what if she could use some grass move to hold the bridge steady while Squirts makes it" he said looking at the part that was already made. "I feel like it could work but i'm not sure"

"That's actually a pretty good idea," said Hal, unsurprised at yet again another one of Nash's ideas, "I could let Servine use Wrap on the pinnacles hanging onto the cliff of the mountain while Squirts extends it!" Hal repeated the plan.
"Okay," continued Hal, already ordering Talia to use Wrap on the bridge, "go for it, Nash!"

"Squirts keep using water gun!" Nash says having him make the bridge across to half way. "Well now its your time to shine Hal" he say looking at Hal.

"What do you mean?" asked Hal, "I can't extend the bridge. Squirts has to finish, the bride won't stay in its structure forever! If you extend it all the way, we can beat gravity and get to the other side before the whole thing falls apart!" He turned to Talia. She looked weak, and the glacial formation was too cold and heavy to hold up for any longer.

"I see what you mean" Nash said in agreement. "Ok, Squirts use water gun to finish the bridge" He finishes the bridge. "Well we should cross now before we fall" he says starting to walk across.

It was actually a pretty long bridge, impressive for a relatively small Pokémon like Squirts.
"Okay," Hal says nervously, legs trembling, beginning to walk across. As Nash is closer to the other mountain and so is Hal, a huge CRACK! is heard. Need not turn back, thought Hal, just run. Hal was literally speeding down the slippery bridge. A crack started to form in front of him. He slipped sideways and, since he was short, and the bridge was as wide as twice his height, he couldn't reach for the other side and slipped downwards, barely holding on to a glacial rock. Not again!, he thought, in a shock of fear.
"HELP ME!" he shouted to Nash who was carefully running down the cracking bridge, "TELL SQUIRTS TO DO SOMETHING, OR, SOMETHING!"

Nash had seen squirts on the other side "Hey squirts make a thing for Hal to fall into". Squirts makes a bowl type thing so they can both not fall and climb up the ledge. "This should be good enough" He said to Hal.

"Ya think?!" Hal said furiously, still hanging, his hands basically numb, looking down in the bowl-shaped ice about twelve feet below him. Hal noticed that Talia had been with Nash. No reply from Nash who was eagerly watching from the snow-covered trail on the other side.
"Here goes nothing," Hal sighed, letting go. His body weight cracked the structure of it, but he was light enough to speed upwards without slipping and climbed up.
"Thank God," he said, sighing aggressively in the thin, cold air.

Nash had put his hand out to try and reach Hal but it didn't work. "Hey Hal maybe Talia could hold me up while I pull you up" he said once again having another idea.

"Okay," Hal replied, reaching out and wishing he was grasping on to Nash's relatively warm hands, "but I think you're overestimating Talia."
The Servine purred behind Nash and grasped onto his leg, using Wrap on a boulder that was stable in the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.