• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Mt. Moon Escape OOC

RP: https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-mt-moon-escape-rp.22822/

SYNOPSIS
:

Many aspiring Pokemon trainers from far and wide come to Kanto to go through the gauntlet of rough terrain and gym battles to see how well they'll best the region's top five powerful trainers. However, something goes wrong and the entrance you walked through to travel through Mt. Moon is blocked after an earthquake. There is no cell service, the three floors are littered with wild Pokemon, and there may be no way out. What will your trainers do? How will they survive the trek through the mountain to get to Route 4, which usually takes three days under better circumstances? Did they come prepared or did they think it was going to be a walk in the park and were then punished for their own carelessness? Who will find the way out?

SETTING:

For more details, your characters will arrive at Mt. Moon through the Route 3 entrance. Whether they have bested Brock and are now moving on or are just going through Kanto for the fun of it, it doesn't matter. Once people get into position, I will initiate the rocks collapsing and blocking the entrance. Anybody who wants to join in afterwards will have to enter Mt. Moon a different way (be creative) and get stuck in the mountain and find our group to then find the way out. This takes place during the events of Sword and Shield, so Team Rocket is no longer an issue. You can have a child whose parents or grandparents are from Team Rocket or some other crime syndicate, though.

The layout of Mt. Moon hasn't changed much since the Pokemon's migration many years earlier. Many of the same Pokemon at that time and before still live in the mountain. It still has three floors (two under the ground and a surface floor). There is a tunnel that leads from the entrance on Route 3 to the exit on Route 4, but the tunnel will be covered by rock due to a rockfall.

RULES/GUIDELINES:
  1. You may play up to two characters max and I'm having the max amount of roleplayers be three or four. I don't want the group to get too big.
  2. As always, follow Pokecharms rules.
    • I don't mind occasional swearing, but keep it at a minimum and make it reasonable.
    • Keep romance to a kiss, holding hands, and hugs.
  3. I would like for there to be mostly young trainers, around the ages 11-14. By this time, they would be at least okay with camping out in the middle of a route and be equipped for survival, but don't also make them a guru. I would like a dynamic group that has strengths covering weaknesses and a wide array of Pokemon between the group members. If your trainer specializes in a single type or two, that's fine also.
  4. You can start out with any unevolved Pokemon, or a Pokemon that evolves earlier than Level 15, unless you give me a good reason. If your character gets a Pokemon not native to Kanto or Johto, please give a good reason as to why they have it.
  5. These are young trainers. So no Legendaries, Bond Phenomenon, or Mega Evolutions, even if you have permission for them. I also don't want them to have Z-Rings unless they came from Alola and participated in the Alolan Trials. If they have a Dynamax Band, then that might as well be there for flavor because there is no Dynamaxing/Gigantamaxing in Kanto due to no power spots.
  6. This is an anime-based RP. There will be no levels or stats, no turn order in battles (but give the opponent time to let their Pokemon react to your attacks), and there will be no experience points. Pokemon grow as they train, and they get better at certain aspects when you train those aspects.
    • These Pokemon may learn more than four moves, as well as any moves they can learn between generations I and VIII and events. Keep it reasonable, which means don't have a Pokemon learn a move if it doesn't suit their fighting style and don't have a Pokemon learn this move if they don't have a way of learning it. I'm okay with it learning a move if they use it to help in surviving out in the wild, though. The "Four Move" ruling is the only thing that I won't have anime-based, as I find the "Four Move" ruling completely unnecessary, but that is my opinion.
  7. Sorry, but no Fakemon. I don't want to deal with that hassle.
  8. I don't mind drama between characters. Actually, I encourage it. Nobody can be liked by everyone, but nobody can be hated by everyone either. Just don't take your anger out in this discussion thread please. Keep your characters and yourselves separate.
  9. I don't mind two people having the same Pokemon, just make sure they have different personalities.
  10. Look up on Bulbapedia for the moves your Pokemon may know. Keep it realistic, but I don't mind if your freshly caught wild Pokemon have all the egg moves at their disposal.
  11. If you have read the rules, underline your favorite color somewhere on your character sheet and give me a roleplay sample of how well you roleplay. That way, I know what I'm expecting of you and I make sure you are following Pokecharms RP Rules.
CHARACTER SHEET:

Name:
Age (11-14):
Personality:
Physical Appearance:
Clothes:
Inventory (Just so I can keep track what all of you have):
Defining Feature:
Fears:
Strengths:
Pokemon Team:
History:

For your Pokemon:
Species:
Name:
Personality (You can include Nature and Characteristics, but make it a tad more detailed than saying one or two words):
Fears:
Strengths:
Defining Features:
Battle Style (What fighting style are they good at? Ranged, melee, status user, mixed?):
Moves:
History:

Roleplay Sample (Use your given character please):

Mt. Moon Pokemon Spawns:

Sandshrew and Sandslash: They are found digging in the caves and are primarily territorial around their young and tunnel entrances. They are fairly common from B2F-1F.

Cleffa, Clefairy, and Clefable: The Cleffa line are very secretive and are very hard to find. The Clefairy are usually found roaming the cave to find Moon Stones and food to give to their young and elders. Clefable have been ritually evolved and are regarded to be extremely rare. It would be wise to be careful, as their ears are highly sensitive and provoking a Clefable - or the young - is enough to cause the normally peaceful and docile line to attack in defense. They are more common on B2F, but they are still rare. Clefable are usually found in a special chamber that has a hole that looks up at the sky and the moon is usually in full view.

Zubat, Golbat, and Crobat: The Zubat line are pesky, territorial Pokemon, usually flying about and disorienting anything it considers prey before snacking on their blood. Zubat are dangerous in large numbers, which they are usually in large numbers. Golbat are dangerous when alone, let alone in a small group. Crobat are very rare, as they are usually abandoned by their trainers or have received love and care from another Pokemon. They may help or attack intruders in their lair depending on how feral it became if it was from a trainer. Wild Crobat are exceedingly rare, as not many Golbat make friends and they usually bicker amongst one another when multiples of their group go after one creature. They are on every floor.

Paras and Parasect: They hide in the crevices of Mt. Moon and they generally don't hurt travelers as they walk by. They are very skittish and tend to run off before anyone has a chance of seeing them. If you provoke one, they will attack and shed spores everywhere, which have an equal chance of debilitating a human just as much as it does with a Pokemon. They are on every floor.

Geodude, Graveler, and Golem: Geodude like to hide within the walls and floors of the mountain, occasionally getting stepped on by humans and Pokemon alike. It would be wise to be careful where you tread, as a Geodude may be in your walking path and will attack you out of anger. Graveler tend to be outside of the mountain, but occasionally enter to eat the more rich earth. Golem are exceedingly rare, as they only come about when traded or when put under massive pressure and survive as a Graveler. Golem are very territorial once they get back in the wild and will protect their area at all costs, sometimes using the nearby Geodude for help. The Geodude line are very common and are on every floor.

Onix and Steelix: Onix have made these tunnels that you are now traversing through, but you still have to be careful. Onix and Steelix are extremely territorial. While Steelix are exceedingly rare - as they require being traded or having an iron rich diet and getting compressed by the planet's gravity - they are still more abundant than Golem and will attack if necessary. They are also one of the ones to blame for sections of the tunnels disappearing and appearing. They travel between the different floors.

Happiny, Chansey, and Blissey: The Happiny line are very odd creatures, as they found a space within Mt. Moon to live at peace among the creatures here. They give their eggs of healing while the Happiny line get protection. Chansey and Blissey hide their young within small tunnels dug by Sandshrew and Sandslash, and they make sure to stay close by. Blissey are rarer than Chansey, as they require lots of friendship with a creature to evolve. Though, once they acquire this friendship, they will be at the aid of their fellow friend in no time. They are usually on B2F, but they very rarely go to B1F.

Makuhita and Hariyama: These Pokemon are pretty rare, but you will hear them as they smash rocks and duel each other. They are quite strong and they'll use rocks to attack if your creature is out of their reach - whether by distance or from flying. Attacking them with a Flying-Type or any other Pokemon weak to Rock- and Fighting-Type moves is not recommended. They only live on B2F.

Nosepass and Probopass: Nosepass are rare, but Probopass are exceptionally rare, as they only appear when Nosepass are in an electrically charged environment for a period of time. However, when it is exposed to a Thunder Stone for an extended period of time, they will evolve. Due to this, they stash Thunder Stones for their properties in helping them evolve in an area where they can't do so without going overseas. Nosepass and Probopass appeared in Mt. Moon when people came by and either released their Pokemon or their Pokemon ran away. It is not uncommon to find these Pokemon standing still in a group and face North. Provoke them, and they'll use their magnetism to fling iron objects at you or turn away from the direction of North to use its body in attacks. They move about on the B1F and rarely the B2F. When they travel in groups, they do so very slowly, moving a centimeter every year. The Nosepass line are very docile and never attack out of spite. You can walk around them and even pet them, and they won't attack you. Though, some Nosepass may have metal bits attached to them, like Metal Coat. Probopass aren't locked in facing North anymore, but their magnetic field is so powerful, electronic devices become unusable. Though, they start to get irritated when it loses any of its three Mini-Noses, so if you find something like resembles a tiny head made out of rock and metal, return it to a Probopass.

Absol: They are more rare than the Clefable, as they tend to keep away from humans once they sense them nearby. If you are able to find one, then it might battle you to see if you are worthy. If your character understands it. Although, blaming it for your predicament could also provoke it into attacking. Be careful, as they are merciless. They travel about nonstop throughout the rest of the mountain, but are commonly found on B2F than any other floor.

Chingling and Chimecho: You can hear the echo of their ringing, but don't try to follow it. You'll get more lost if you do so. Normally docile, they will disorient you if provoked and will run away. Chingling are guarded by their parents, Chimecho, so it's best to run if you see a Chingling or hear some ringing noises. They are found mostly on B2F, but their ringing can be heard on B1F.

Bronzor and Bronzong: Bronzor are normally pretty docile and won't attack if you get in their space. However, provoke their Bronzong guardian and they will all attack you. They are really rare to find, so good luck. They are usually heard around B2F, but there is a chamber filled with them that is almost impossible to get to.

I'm not adding anymore Pokemon. If you want your character to find a Pokemon in this mountain, there has to be good reason why it's there and have it go through me first.

Items Found:

It could literally be anything from a Poke Ball and Potion to Ultra Balls and Super Potions and Full Heals. The rarer ones include Pokemon-enhancing vitamins like Rare Candy and Carbos. Still rarer ones include fossils - mainly the Dome Fossils, Helix Fossils and the Old Amber - and really valuable items that can be sold for a lot of money, like nuggets and star pieces. Escape Ropes are fairly common here and can be used to get to the lower levels if you dig down, and then you'll have a way to get between the two levels easier. It just requires a lot of muscle to climb up a rope. Evolutionary Stones are exceptionally rare, but they are usually treasured by a few Pokemon: eg. Moon Stones are treasured by the Cleffa line.

MY CHARACTER:

Name: Miles Harding
Age (11-14): 12
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: He has a very leader-like attitude; however, he gets flustered very easily when put in a situation he isn't familiar with. He's a very emotional individual, but he tries very hard to not wear this on his sleeve. Still though, his face betrays him and his stoic facade that he so desperately tries to emulate from his father tears away and he breaks down. He has a lot of responsibility and understands this. He tries his best to be respectable and responsible, but he can't help but to be rude or say something hurtful when he finds out about someone being ignorant. He is very intelligent on the subject of Pokemon though, but humans and social interactions less so. Even though he was put through a rigorous training regiment from his father, some of the lessons he was taught had been forgotten on his journey in Kanto, his memory serving to remember the moves and abilities his Pokemon have instead of the lessons he had been taught for several years. Still though, he tries his best to be amicable and bite his tongue from saying anything rude.
Physical Appearance: He is pale and quite tall for a 12 year old (from what I have seen. Of course, outliers are a thing, but they are above or below average anyway), standing at 5'05" (165 cm) and weighing at 105 lbs (47.6 kg) due to his sudden growth spurt. He has lean muscle, but he isn't that strong to begin with. He has a soft face that hides the leader he is and is soon to be, and his voice carries volumes and the path to a bass toned voice is halfway there, making him sound in between a tenor and a baritone. His eyes are a bright blue and he has little freckles dusting his cheeks and nose bridge. His hair was shaved but it had since grown into a very velvety black texture on his head. He is very clean, and does his best to keep looking like his best. This means he has an aversion to getting dirty.
Clothes: He usually wears very clean clothes that seem very informally classy. He wears dark blue jeans, black and white sneakers, a light blue dress shirt, and a button up black jacket. He also has a shoulder bag with his items, and he has a trainer belt.
Inventory (Just so I can keep track what all of you have): A journal and pen, XTransceiver on his wrist, 5 PokeBalls, 5 Great Balls, 5 Potions, 5 Super Potions, 2 Antidote, 2 Parlyz Heal, Escape Rope, a Flashlight with extra batteries, a book about Kanto and the Pokemon contained within (not accurate), a handbook about Pokemon battle strategies (updated to this year), and a smartphone that held data on his training.
Defining Feature: His freckles and nearly crew cut hair, making him an odd sight.
Fears: Getting stuck with no way out, not being taken seriously.
Strengths: His leadership abilities and his battle strategies.
Pokemon Team: Charmander, Snivy, Rattata, Magikarp
Planned Pokemon: He'll capture an Absol and obtain either a Happiny egg, or a recently hatched Happiny.
Pokemon at Home: Spearow, Sentret, Hoothoot, Bulbasaur, Starly, Doduo, Zigzagoon, Whismur, Bidoof, Igglybuff, Poochyena, Seedot, Pidgey
History: He was born in Unova in Opelucid City. His family was of the upper class, owning several buildings in the city and having a fairly expensive pad away from the city for safety reasons. Because of this, he was left alone with his things and his parents. He was also the only child, leaving him to be bossy and resentful of other children who get in his way, and yet yearning for peer interactions. Of course, that ended when he got sent to a private school. Even though he still had a bossy streak, he was less mean about it when he got beat in school for it. Not knowing that students in private schools could be so mean, he complained to his father. His father made a complaint, but soon realized that his son started it with his behavior. Since then, his father had been disciplining him in training his Pokemon and how he talks to people. He nurtured his son's leadership and social skills, aiding in his ability to command with authority while also being empathetic and sympathetic to others. As he reached 10 years old, he received a Snivy from Professor Juniper, but refused to start his journey in Unova. He wanted to start somewhere else and he wanted a Starter from that region, as well. He chose Kanto and received a Charmander, but had yet to leave for Kanto. The main reason was to get Snivy and Charmander to work with each other, and have them learn Grass Pledge and Fire Pledge (among other moves) before leaving on his journey. He gathered what he needed, and was transported directly to Pewter City. The two Pokemon (which his parents bought to be versatile in battle) would give a loss against Brock. Never having lost before except for that time he got beat at school, he went south and began looking at the various Pokemon. Due to his emotional state, he looked on at the Pokemon that seemed weak and sympathized with them. However, it was the Normal-Types and Dark-Types who really caught his attention. While his love for the starters (and eventual goal of obtaining all the Starter Pokemon) was still very prominent, he really liked the Normal- and Dark-Types. The Normal-Types seemed lacking, yet they had the potential of learning so many moves. Dark-Types were commonly seen as evil or distrusting, so he caught some of those Pokemon to show the world that they aren't all that bad. He caught several different kinds of Normal-Types, as well, and set off towards Brock after training a bit in the Viridian Forest. After that, he won. He sent his Pokemon home afterwards and after receiving the badge, he went on towards Mt. Moon, not realizing the dangers caused by the rampant Pokemon from within. Of course, he buys a Magikarp before he goes inside, thinking it is worth the 1,000 PokeYen.
Species: Charmander - [TYPE]Fire[/TYPE]
Name: Chardon
Ability: Blaze - When severely injured or exhausted, its Fire-Type attacks do more damage.
Personality (You can include Nature and Characteristics, but make it a tad more detailed than saying one or two words): He is sweet and kind to mostly everyone, loving to play and have fun. That same outlook on having fun is put in his battles. Even though he takes his training and battling seriously, he has this smile all throughout accompanied by a determined look in his eyes. He finds battling thrilling and just another way to have fun. He also loves running around, clearly enjoying the feel of the wind course around his body.
Fears: He is afraid of water and being alone or abandoned.
Strengths: He is a great listener and follower, even following orders by those who isn't his trainer. He is also extremely easygoing and prefers to make sure peace is kept.
Defining Features: He is close to evolving. Due to this, his orange bumpy skin has mottled into red, a bump has formed on his head where the horn will emerge, his claws on his hands have grown in further, and his flame burns hotter. His canines have also slowly been growing, and two tips of his canine can be seen sticking out from the top of his elongating snout. His eyes are also going through a change. The skeletal structure on around his eyes are going from a round cute look to a more slanted, aggressive look, and his blue eyes darken in color. He has also gotten bigger and heavier, weighing and growing to almost the height and weight of the average Charmeleon.
Battle Style (What fighting style are they good at? Ranged, melee, status user, mixed?): He is a mix melee and ranged attacker, but prefers ranged attacks.
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Ember, Smokescreen, Air Cutter, Ancient Power, Beat Up, Belly Drum, Bite, Counter, Crunch, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rush, Flare Blitz, Focus Punch, Metal Claw, Outrage, Fire Pledge, Fire Punch, Iron Tail, Thunder Punch, Dig, Celebrate, False Swipe, Block, Acrobatics, Blast Burn (not a good user of this attack and rarely uses it), Rock Slide, Swords Dance, Quick Attack, Howl, Leer, Flamethrower, Mega Punch, Mega Kick
History: He was obtained by Miles via his parents buying the Charmander from breeders who were about to sell the Charmander off to someone else. The bid was higher, so Miles was given a Charmander who had more attacks and had a complicated pedegry to allow the emergence and usage of egg moves. Miles took him in and taught him some TM and HM moves bought from his parents. He grew a partnership with Louis and balanced his nonchalant stoic demeanor his fellow Grass-Type held with his own happy and outgoing side. Since then, he has been a strong contender on Miles' team and never disappointed him.

Species: Snivy - [TYPE]Grass[/TYPE]
Name: Louis
Ability: Contrary - When its speed, battle strength, durability. accuracy, or evasion is about to be strengthened or worsened, it will do the opposite effect due to its thoughts and opposite stance of how lowering or raising a quality should work.
Personality (You can include Nature and Characteristics, but make it a tad more detailed than saying one or two words): Louis is very stoic and prefers to keep to himself. However, when brought around children younger than 10, he finds that they are easily impressed and often showboats to them. He is a very prideful Pokemon, but still cares for others around him, even if he doesn't show it. During battle, he takes it very seriously and takes loss just as seriously. When losing, he blames everything but himself and can't see past his own mistakes. However, this will change later.
Fears: He is afraid of getting so dirty he can't clean himself and he gets scared from getting stuck away from civilization, which he has grown used to living in.
Strengths: Very intelligent and can practically battle without the aid of a trainer to tell him what to do. He is also surprisingly great with young children, despite loathing those who are the age range of his trainer (but he adores his trainer).
Defining Features: He is close to evolving. His body has grown longer and taller, and he has grown heavier to get closer to the height and weight of a Servine. His arms haven't grown with his body and seem to have shrunk, while his yellow markings have shone brighter due to being well taken care of and having superior genetics to most Snivy. His eyes seem to grow with more slant, and the yellow markings around the eye have grown slimmer and blacker. Scales have grown slightly larger and there is now a noticeable lip at the bottom, with the lip up at its chest fading. A little leafy growth has sprouted at the back of his head, and the yellow appendages on his neck have grown and joined each other at his chest and have grown longer and have gone stiffer, becoming straighter. The yellow stripe along his back has faded into more yellow-green and two buds have sprouted above the scaly skin that will become leaves later. His tail has grown bigger and his feet have grown slightly bigger and has grown little heels that aren't fully developed. Though, he is starting to learn how to slither quickly to avoid using his legs.
Battle Style (What fighting style are they good at? Ranged, melee, status user, mixed?): He is melee and status mixed.
Moves: Tackle, Leer, Vine Whip, Wrap, Growth, Leaf Tornado, Grass Pledge, Captivate, Glare, Iron Tail, Mean Look, Mirror Coat, Natural Gift, Pursuit, Sweet Scent, Twister, Aqua Tail, Synthesis, Bind, Knock Off, Seed Bomb, Aromatherapy, Aerial Ace, Cut, Grassy Terrain
History: He was bought from the breeders in Unova by Miles' parents and was given to him as a gift. He was built for battle, and the nurture and care he received have spoiled him. Due to this, he attacks Miles with a Vine Whip when he isn't given something right away. Miles' father had helped in teaching Louis and Miles to become disciplined and also taught Miles how to teach and train Pokemon who are disobedient and spoiled. Miles taught Louis about type advantages and disadvantages, allowing Louis to learn that he can attack without his trainer's guidance. He showed this during the battle against Brock, but lost due to following his judgement instead of his trainer's. At the rematch, he attacked without the guidance of his trainer yet again, and won. He wondered if he even got better from the training, but pushed that aside for now.

Species: Rattata - [TYPE]Normal[/TYPE]
Name: Ratta
Ability: Guts - When suffering from a condition, it will get stronger physically.
Personality (You can include Nature and Characteristics, but make it a tad more detailed than saying one or two words): Ratta is very simple. You want a battle? Done. You want cuddles? Done. You got food and water to give me? Yay. Can I have a nap? Yay. He is exceptionally brave for a small rodent and won't back down from a fight, even if he knows he's going to lose.
Fears: Not really scared of much, but a shortening of food and water, I guess.
Strengths: Very fearless and will stand up to those who would normally scare those with a look, their size, power, etc. He never gives up.
Defining Features: He isn't close to evolving, but he has grown slightly bigger, being 5 inches taller and a few pounds heavier.
Battle Style (What fighting style are they good at? Ranged, melee, status user, mixed?): He is staunchly melee based, but will use a variety of attacks to get the upper hand if his Normal- and Dark-Type attacks won't work.
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Focus Energy, Quick Attack, Pursuit, Hyper Fang, Super Fang, Bite, Counter, Flame Wheel, Fury Swipes, Reversal, Screech, Last Resort, Revenge, Iron Tail
History: He was caught on Route 2 after Miles had lost against Brock. It was then that Miles decided that catching more Pokemon would help and that's when he caught Ratta. Ratta had caused him trouble, standing up to him after trying to steal his food from his backpack, and was ultimately caught after a few failed attempts. Miles used his training his dad taught him to have disobedient Pokemon obey him, and it seemed to work. Though, Ratta would occasionally use an attack that is not what Miles had ordered, he is more of a followed than Louis.

Species: Magikarp - [TYPE]Water[/TYPE]
Name: Nyamba
Ability: Rattled - When hit by a Dark-, Ghost-, or Bug-Type attack, this Pokemon gets faster due to fear. However, they do not get immunity from this attack.
Personality (You can include Nature and Characteristics, but make it a tad more detailed than saying one or two words): She is very hard on herself and understands that she is weak and practically worthless. Being sold for money didn't help her self image, but she hopes that her new trainer will help train her to her goal, evolving into a Gyarados. She needs encouragement and holds a lot of resentment towards others who have mistreated her throughout her life. A stubborn Pokemon, she will do her best to show others something she has trouble showing herself: that she is competent and worth it. Later during a threat, she will come into action and realize she has Dragon Rage and this will improve her self image of herself.
Fears: Afraid of bugs, spectral beings and Ghost-Types, the dark, and abuse and Dark-Types, due to not being able to defend herself. She is also afraid of being discarded.
Strengths: She never gives up, despite her current form being lacking in speed, power, and defenses. She also never lets her fears show they bother her.
Defining Features: Nyamba was just bought, so she isn't going to change soon.
Battle Style (What fighting style are they good at? Ranged, melee, status user, mixed?): She only knows Splash right now. Her battle style is very lacking, as she hasn't been trained yet.
Moves: Splash, Dragon Rage (doesn't know she has it until later)
History: Nyamba was bought by Miles as he reached Route 3 and returned some of his Pokemon he had caught to his family's pad, entrusting them to get workers to take care of them for him while he's out on his adventure. He had bought Nyamba after this exchange, thinking that the seller was being honest. Of course, his naivety caused him to lose out on 1,000 PokeYen on a Magikarp who seemed freshly caught. Miles hoped that Nyamba had Rattled instead of Swift Swim, which her seller had mentioned her having. He will be both surprised and amazed at her willingness to train and keep going, even though she is afraid of everything.

The less Pokemon you have, the less character sheets you have to do, but also the less safe your character is. XD

Last edited:
There is another thing I'd like to add.

Depending on how close your Pokemon are to evolving, they may have physical traits that resemble their evolved forms. For example, if a Squirtle is close to evolving, it will have developed small furry ears, its tail will grow fur, it will have mottled patches of dark blue, claws start to form, and so on. The same can happen to Pokemon who get near an evolutionary stone, but isn't quite exposed to it for long to evolve. For example, a Pikachu may have orange-yellow fur, more fur on the ears to resemble that of a Raichu but it's not fully developed, and the brown section of the tail becomes black and thinner. Its fur around the hands and feet will also become more brown than yellow, its cheeks are pinkish, and it will have a lighter yellow spot on its belly.

These Pokemon may also get taller, larger, and heavier to match the average height and weight of their next form.

Pokemon who are close to evolving are still considered as having not evolved yet, until all their features have developed completely and there is no more change until they get close to evolving again (for some).

Pokemon who have received care (like Pichu) may also go through the change to evolve. Pokemon like Igglybuff will get rounder, bigger and heavier, a curl starts to form on its head that's thicker, its eyes are in the process of going from red to greenish-blue, and it has begun the process of growing ears. A sudden stop in care and affection will cause them to stop, but they will never backtrack in their growth cycle.

But there is an exception.

If a Pokemon doesn't want to evolve, they will still go through the process until at the last point where they shine and begin to evolve to complete the transformation. If they stop themselves from evolving, they will go back to what they looked like before the transformation process took place. Their body will still keep transforming into its next form and it will be a very fast process, hurting your Pokemon, until you give it an Everstone, where the radiation will stunt the Pokemon's evolution cycle and it won't change anymore. An Everstone is the only thing besides stopping the evolution near its finale that changes the Pokemon back to its base form with no added changes to make it like its next form.

You don't have to implement this if you don't want to. This is completely optional, but it is cool so I'm having my character's Pokemon have these traits.

Last edited:
I'd say keep it reasonable for a 11-14 year old kid who likely hasn't seen a whole lot. XD a good 1-4 or maybe 5 is the max. If your character has 6 Pokemon and they aren't Bug-Type or Route 1 Pokemon, then I would consider lowering the amount or make one an egg or something.

I usually don't get asked this question, since most people usually have a base guideline of how many Pokemon their character has at a certain point in their life. But if I had to say, keep away from 6+ Pokemon unless they are really weak Pokemon.

I am wanting to use a rich character, so I'll make him from Unova and go to Kanto for his first journey. He's a bit of a know-it-all and it will be funny to see him get scared and his knowledge fail him as he was taught when there weren't this many Pokemon in Mt. Moon. And that money can't buy him out of there.

Yea, I'm making a new character. XDA

Helios.

Previously RisingGarchomps
I’d like to reserve a slot too if possible. This looks quite promising as I can add in a new inexperienced trainer. I’m assuming the lines found in Mt.Moon that aren’t from a Kanto line (e.g. bronzor absol and makuhita) are exclusive to Mt. Moon and that it’s rare in general to find a non gen 1 line in Kanto at this point?

You can find these Pokemon in other areas (like Rock Tunnel), but they are still rare regardless. They live in really tight knit communities that are more secretive than the Cleffa line due to being so far away from their native lands.

If you make a proposition of finding a Pokemon that isn't from Kanto or Johto and you found it in Mt. Moon, that's fine. My original plan was giving the mountain two new floors and making it huge underground to fit more cave-dwelling Pokemon. However, I gave up on the idea because there won't be a whole lot of Noibat that live in that cave, or any other Pokemon for that matter. If anything, they'll travel towards their region as close as they can. Plus, I'd imagine captains of ships allow Pokemon to stow away when traveling between regions, just as long as they don't eat everything they see or hurt the travelers.

With that courtesy, the Pokemon that are found in Mt. Moon or in the surrounding area would most likely be freshly abandoned Pokemon, or Pokemon that have chosen the quiet darkness of the cave to snooze before traveling some more.

Of course there is going to be a rise in a certain Pokemon activity, which causes the inside of Mt. Moon to make and collapse tunnels. Soooooo finding a Pokemon that isn't freshly abandoned is very unlikely. They'd see the danger and would have left immediately.

Helios.

Name: (Youngster) Moe (Moey)
Age (11-14): 14
Sexuality: Straight/ NA
Personality: Energetic, enthusiastic, cool, stubborn, thinks he's 'it' believing he's tough when he's not.
Physical Appearance: A short figure with dark blonde hair. His face is covered with freckles. Not much to look at. His arms are fairly muscular, but apart from that it looks like a good rock could crush him.
Clothes: His head is covered with a backwards baseball cap. He wears a plain short t-shirt coloured green and shorts coloured dark yellow because they are 'easy to wear'. Wears running trainers/sneakers.
Inventory: Several potions, super potions, paralyse-heals and antidotes, a worn down bike voucher for the bike shop in Cerulean city, Food for the Pokemon, little bits and bobs, most notably though in his bag are around 20-40 Poke balls with great balls also hidden.
Defining Feature: Backwards cap, the comfy, easy to wear shorts, the attitude he has about his Rattata.
Fears: Never completing the Pokémon League, letting his parents down, dooming the family to eternal suffering as his father specifically never officially got a badge.
Strengths: His energy, his enthusiasm, training Pokémon considered to be weaker and found on earlier routes e.g. Rattata, Pidgey, Spearow, Mankey, Nidoran, Jigglypuff, Belsprout, Oddish, Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle, Kakuna, Pikachu.
Pokemon Team:
-Rattata (about to evolve into a Raticate)
-Spearow (a replacement for his Pidgeotto which was removed early on due to injury)
-Mankey
-Nidorino
-Geodude (Specifically, a shiny female one, which he finds after doing a catching fest at the start of Mt. Moon before the rocks collapsed and blocked the exit)
-Beedrill

He has other pokemon but he's sent them back to his family and Professor Oak to look after. He might also catch a Zubat and a Sandshrew in Mt. Moon.

History: Moe is the son of the famous youngster Joey from Johto whose Rattata was said to be in 'the top percentage of Rattata'. Joey mixed and mingled with various youngster clubs and gangs and found himself in Kanto after failing the Pokémon League Challenge. In each of his battles, he was unable to collect a single gym badge legitimately. He was ridiculed and so fled to Kanto. He met a much stronger female trainer and married her and had Moe. Moe's mother was actually successful in getting gym badges but quit after a while. Moe is one of many brothers the couple had, each one failed harder than the next. Moe hasn't seen his brothers in a long time. They all went to different regions. Moe became the classic youngster trainer and mixed with some novice trainers for a while. He raised a number of Pokémon in his lifetime and has only recently managed to do something which only his mother managed to do: get a single gym badge. That's right. He managed to beat Brock with only a handful of Pokémon. Throughout his short lifetime as a trainer, he has held on to his Rattata, said to have been bred from the litter of Joey's Rattata, but that in actual reality is a lie and was randomly caught on one of the first routes. Moe tries to keep his team male exclusive, as he consider he and his team of Pokémon a squad 'of bros'. Despite this, one of the first things he did in Mt. Moon was to catch a female Geodude. The Geodude was a shiny and gave him a look to suggest it wanted to be part of Moe's team. Moe believed it to be a male when he saw it and so gave the Geodude a pair of 'cool sunglasses' to put over its eyes initiating it as 'one of the bros'. Moe will soon be informed that it is a female. He has been training for a long time in Mt. Moon so he can beat Misty.

I will add Pokémon bios later.

Last edited:
Name: Miles Harding
Age (11-14): 12
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: He has a very leader-like attitude; however, he gets flustered very easily when put in a situation he isn't familiar with. He's a very emotional individual, but he tries very hard to not wear this on his sleeve. Still though, his face betrays him and his stoic facade that he so desperately tries to emulate from his father tears away and he breaks down. He has a lot of responsibility and understands this. He tries his best to be respectable and responsible, but he can't help but to be rude or say something hurtful when he finds out about someone being ignorant. He is very intelligent on the subject of Pokemon though, but humans and social interactions less so. Even though he was put through a rigorous training regiment from his father, some of the lessons he was taught had been forgotten on his journey in Kanto, his memory serving to remember the moves and abilities his Pokemon have instead of the lessons he had been taught for several years. Still though, he tries his best to be amicable and bite his tongue from saying anything rude.
Physical Appearance: He is pale and quite tall for a 12 year old (from what I have seen. Of course, outliers are a thing, but they are above or below average anyway), standing at 5'05" (165 cm) and weighing at 105 lbs (47.6 kg) due to his sudden growth spurt. He has lean muscle, but he isn't that strong to begin with. He has a soft face that hides the leader he is and is soon to be, and his voice carries volumes and the path to a bass toned voice is halfway there, making him sound in between a tenor and a baritone. His eyes are a bright blue and he has little freckles dusting his cheeks and nose bridge. His hair was shaved but it had since grown into a very velvety black texture on his head. He is very clean, and does his best to keep looking like his best. This means he has an aversion to getting dirty.
Clothes: He usually wears very clean clothes that seem very informally classy. He wears dark blue jeans, black and white sneakers, a light blue dress shirt, and a button up black jacket. He also has a shoulder bag with his items, and he has a trainer belt.
Inventory (Just so I can keep track what all of you have): A journal and pen, XTransceiver on his wrist, 5 PokeBalls, 5 Great Balls, 5 Potions, 5 Super Potions, 2 Antidote, 2 Parlyz Heal, Escape Rope, a Flashlight with extra batteries, a book about Kanto and the Pokemon contained within (not accurate), a handbook about Pokemon battle strategies (updated to this year), and a smartphone that held data on his training.
Defining Feature: His freckles and nearly crew cut hair, making him an odd sight.
Fears: Getting stuck with no way out, not being taken seriously.
Strengths: His leadership abilities and his battle strategies.
Pokemon Team: Charmander, Snivy, Rattata, Magikarp
Planned Pokemon: He'll capture an Absol and obtain either a Happiny egg, or a recently hatched Happiny.
Pokemon at Home: Spearow, Sentret, Hoothoot, Bulbasaur, Starly, Doduo, Zigzagoon, Whismur, Bidoof, Igglybuff, Poochyena, Seedot, Pidgey
History: He was born in Unova in Opelucid City. His family was of the upper class, owning several buildings in the city and having a fairly expensive pad away from the city for safety reasons. Because of this, he was left alone with his things and his parents. He was also the only child, leaving him to be bossy and resentful of other children who get in his way, and yet yearning for peer interactions. Of course, that ended when he got sent to a private school. Even though he still had a bossy streak, he was less mean about it when he got beat in school for it. Not knowing that students in private schools could be so mean, he complained to his father. His father made a complaint, but soon realized that his son started it with his behavior. Since then, his father had been disciplining him in training his Pokemon and how he talks to people. He nurtured his son's leadership and social skills, aiding in his ability to command with authority while also being empathetic and sympathetic to others. As he reached 10 years old, he received a Snivy from Professor Juniper, but refused to start his journey in Unova. He wanted to start somewhere else and he wanted a Starter from that region, as well. He chose Kanto and received a Charmander, but had yet to leave for Kanto. The main reason was to get Snivy and Charmander to work with each other, and have them learn Grass Pledge and Fire Pledge (among other moves) before leaving on his journey. He gathered what he needed, and was transported directly to Pewter City. The two Pokemon (which his parents bought to be versatile in battle) would give a loss against Brock. Never having lost before except for that time he got beat at school, he went south and began looking at the various Pokemon. Due to his emotional state, he looked on at the Pokemon that seemed weak and sympathized with them. However, it was the Normal-Types and Dark-Types who really caught his attention. While his love for the starters (and eventual goal of obtaining all the Starter Pokemon) was still very prominent, he really liked the Normal- and Dark-Types. The Normal-Types seemed lacking, yet they had the potential of learning so many moves. Dark-Types were commonly seen as evil or distrusting, so he caught some of those Pokemon to show the world that they aren't all that bad. He caught several different kinds of Normal-Types, as well, and set off towards Brock after training a bit in the Viridian Forest. After that, he won. He sent his Pokemon home afterwards and after receiving the badge, he went on towards Mt. Moon, not realizing the dangers caused by the rampant Pokemon from within. Of course, he buys a Magikarp before he goes inside, thinking it is worth the 1,000 PokeYen.
Species: Charmander - [TYPE]Fire[/TYPE]
Name: Chardon
Ability: Blaze - When severely injured or exhausted, its Fire-Type attacks do more damage.
Personality (You can include Nature and Characteristics, but make it a tad more detailed than saying one or two words): He is sweet and kind to mostly everyone, loving to play and have fun. That same outlook on having fun is put in his battles. Even though he takes his training and battling seriously, he has this smile all throughout accompanied by a determined look in his eyes. He finds battling thrilling and just another way to have fun. He also loves running around, clearly enjoying the feel of the wind course around his body.
Fears: He is afraid of water and being alone or abandoned.
Strengths: He is a great listener and follower, even following orders by those who isn't his trainer. He is also extremely easygoing and prefers to make sure peace is kept.
Defining Features: He is close to evolving. Due to this, his orange bumpy skin has mottled into red, a bump has formed on his head where the horn will emerge, his claws on his hands have grown in further, and his flame burns hotter. His canines have also slowly been growing, and two tips of his canine can be seen sticking out from the top of his elongating snout. His eyes are also going through a change. The skeletal structure on around his eyes are going from a round cute look to a more slanted, aggressive look, and his blue eyes darken in color. He has also gotten bigger and heavier, weighing and growing to almost the height and weight of the average Charmeleon.
Battle Style (What fighting style are they good at? Ranged, melee, status user, mixed?): He is a mix melee and ranged attacker, but prefers ranged attacks.
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Ember, Smokescreen, Air Cutter, Ancient Power, Beat Up, Belly Drum, Bite, Counter, Crunch, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rush, Flare Blitz, Focus Punch, Metal Claw, Outrage, Fire Pledge, Fire Punch, Iron Tail, Thunder Punch, Dig, Celebrate, False Swipe, Block, Acrobatics, Blast Burn (not a good user of this attack and rarely uses it), Rock Slide, Swords Dance, Quick Attack, Howl, Leer, Flamethrower, Mega Punch, Mega Kick
History: He was obtained by Miles via his parents buying the Charmander from breeders who were about to sell the Charmander off to someone else. The bid was higher, so Miles was given a Charmander who had more attacks and had a complicated pedegry to allow the emergence and usage of egg moves. Miles took him in and taught him some TM and HM moves bought from his parents. He grew a partnership with Louis and balanced his nonchalant stoic demeanor his fellow Grass-Type held with his own happy and outgoing side. Since then, he has been a strong contender on Miles' team and never disappointed him.

Species: Snivy - [TYPE]Grass[/TYPE]
Name: Louis
Ability: Contrary - When its speed, battle strength, durability. accuracy, or evasion is about to be strengthened or worsened, it will do the opposite effect due to its thoughts and opposite stance of how lowering or raising a quality should work.
Personality (You can include Nature and Characteristics, but make it a tad more detailed than saying one or two words): Louis is very stoic and prefers to keep to himself. However, when brought around children younger than 10, he finds that they are easily impressed and often showboats to them. He is a very prideful Pokemon, but still cares for others around him, even if he doesn't show it. During battle, he takes it very seriously and takes loss just as seriously. When losing, he blames everything but himself and can't see past his own mistakes. However, this will change later.
Fears: He is afraid of getting so dirty he can't clean himself and he gets scared from getting stuck away from civilization, which he has grown used to living in.
Strengths: Very intelligent and can practically battle without the aid of a trainer to tell him what to do. He is also surprisingly great with young children, despite loathing those who are the age range of his trainer (but he adores his trainer).
Defining Features: He is close to evolving. His body has grown longer and taller, and he has grown heavier to get closer to the height and weight of a Servine. His arms haven't grown with his body and seem to have shrunk, while his yellow markings have shone brighter due to being well taken care of and having superior genetics to most Snivy. His eyes seem to grow with more slant, and the yellow markings around the eye have grown slimmer and blacker. Scales have grown slightly larger and there is now a noticeable lip at the bottom, with the lip up at its chest fading. A little leafy growth has sprouted at the back of his head, and the yellow appendages on his neck have grown and joined each other at his chest and have grown longer and have gone stiffer, becoming straighter. The yellow stripe along his back has faded into more yellow-green and two buds have sprouted above the scaly skin that will become leaves later. His tail has grown bigger and his feet have grown slightly bigger and has grown little heels that aren't fully developed. Though, he is starting to learn how to slither quickly to avoid using his legs.
Battle Style (What fighting style are they good at? Ranged, melee, status user, mixed?): He is melee and status mixed.
Moves: Tackle, Leer, Vine Whip, Wrap, Growth, Leaf Tornado, Grass Pledge, Captivate, Glare, Iron Tail, Mean Look, Mirror Coat, Natural Gift, Pursuit, Sweet Scent, Twister, Aqua Tail, Synthesis, Bind, Knock Off, Seed Bomb, Aromatherapy, Aerial Ace, Cut, Grassy Terrain
History: He was bought from the breeders in Unova by Miles' parents and was given to him as a gift. He was built for battle, and the nurture and care he received have spoiled him. Due to this, he attacks Miles with a Vine Whip when he isn't given something right away. Miles' father had helped in teaching Louis and Miles to become disciplined and also taught Miles how to teach and train Pokemon who are disobedient and spoiled. Miles taught Louis about type advantages and disadvantages, allowing Louis to learn that he can attack without his trainer's guidance. He showed this during the battle against Brock, but lost due to following his judgement instead of his trainer's. At the rematch, he attacked without the guidance of his trainer yet again, and won. He wondered if he even got better from the training, but pushed that aside for now.

Species: Rattata - [TYPE]Normal[/TYPE]
Name: Ratta
Ability: Guts - When suffering from a condition, it will get stronger physically.
Personality (You can include Nature and Characteristics, but make it a tad more detailed than saying one or two words): Ratta is very simple. You want a battle? Done. You want cuddles? Done. You got food and water to give me? Yay. Can I have a nap? Yay. He is exceptionally brave for a small rodent and won't back down from a fight, even if he knows he's going to lose.
Fears: Not really scared of much, but a shortening of food and water, I guess.
Strengths: Very fearless and will stand up to those who would normally scare those with a look, their size, power, etc. He never gives up.
Defining Features: He isn't close to evolving, but he has grown slightly bigger, being 5 inches taller and a few pounds heavier.
Battle Style (What fighting style are they good at? Ranged, melee, status user, mixed?): He is staunchly melee based, but will use a variety of attacks to get the upper hand if his Normal- and Dark-Type attacks won't work.
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Focus Energy, Quick Attack, Pursuit, Hyper Fang, Super Fang, Bite, Counter, Flame Wheel, Fury Swipes, Reversal, Screech, Last Resort, Revenge, Iron Tail
History: He was caught on Route 2 after Miles had lost against Brock. It was then that Miles decided that catching more Pokemon would help and that's when he caught Ratta. Ratta had caused him trouble, standing up to him after trying to steal his food from his backpack, and was ultimately caught after a few failed attempts. Miles used his training his dad taught him to have disobedient Pokemon obey him, and it seemed to work. Though, Ratta would occasionally use an attack that is not what Miles had ordered, he is more of a followed than Louis.

Species: Magikarp - [TYPE]Water[/TYPE]
Name: Nyamba
Ability: Rattled - When hit by a Dark-, Ghost-, or Bug-Type attack, this Pokemon gets faster due to fear. However, they do not get immunity from this attack.
Personality (You can include Nature and Characteristics, but make it a tad more detailed than saying one or two words): She is very hard on herself and understands that she is weak and practically worthless. Being sold for money didn't help her self image, but she hopes that her new trainer will help train her to her goal, evolving into a Gyarados. She needs encouragement and holds a lot of resentment towards others who have mistreated her throughout her life. A stubborn Pokemon, she will do her best to show others something she has trouble showing herself: that she is competent and worth it. Later during a threat, she will come into action and realize she has Dragon Rage and this will improve her self image of herself.
Fears: Afraid of bugs, spectral beings and Ghost-Types, the dark, and abuse and Dark-Types, due to not being able to defend herself. She is also afraid of being discarded.
Strengths: She never gives up, despite her current form being lacking in speed, power, and defenses. She also never lets her fears show they bother her.
Defining Features: Nyamba was just bought, so she isn't going to change soon.
Battle Style (What fighting style are they good at? Ranged, melee, status user, mixed?): She only knows Splash right now. Her battle style is very lacking, as she hasn't been trained yet.
Moves: Splash, Dragon Rage (doesn't know she has it until later)
History: Nyamba was bought by Miles as he reached Route 3 and returned some of his Pokemon he had caught to his family's pad, entrusting them to get workers to take care of them for him while he's out on his adventure. He had bought Nyamba after this exchange, thinking that the seller was being honest. Of course, his naivety caused him to lose out on 1,000 PokeYen on a Magikarp who seemed freshly caught. Miles hoped that Nyamba had Rattled instead of Swift Swim, which her seller had mentioned her having. He will be both surprised and amazed at her willingness to train and keep going, even though she is afraid of everything.

I'll finish this at some point today.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks! The starter will be the only one with an extremely detailed backstory then. Less work I have to put into a bio, the more time I'll actually spend time working on it, lol. (I'm a huge procrastinator...)

@ThePlayfulFox, @Gamingfan, and @Sharksuitguy17, I have RPed with you before and you don't have to do the RP sample post.

@RisingGarchomps, I have looked over your recent posts and have found your posts acceptable to not have you do the RP sample post.

If you have any question as to why I have it in the first place, I had it just in case I had anybody else who hadn't made a post in awhile and anybody else who had a questionable style of posting.

Helios.

@RisingGarchomps, I have looked over your recent posts and have found your posts acceptable to not have you do the RP sample post.

If you have any question as to why I have it in the first place, I had it just in case I had anybody else who hadn't made a post in awhile and anybody else who had a questionable style of posting.
Why, thank you! I was going to post an example if you didn't realise. The form I've posted hasn't been finished, bear in mind.

Name: Ren Aleivia
Sexuality: Striaght
Personality: Ren is a calm and carefree individual. Having being raised well by an average family, he is content with a relatively mellow lifestyle, and does not actively seek out adventure. This softened lifestyle choice has caused him to develop a highly analytical mind, having more time to read, study and think. The carefree nature of himself might be a hindrance, though, as he is quick to decline activities he deems to be too energy consuming. He likes reading and relaxing at home.
Physical Appearance: Ren is fair skinned, relatively thin and somewhat short, sporting slightly messy black hair. He almost always wears a grey overcoat over a plain, white shirt, paired with open fingered gloves and his signature white scarf, as well as a small grey bag with a picture of a Pokeball on it. His most defining trait, however, are his eyes, which are two different colours due to a birth defect called heterochromia iridis. His face usually has a smile that could be interpreted as warm and friendly or psychopathic.
Inventory: 5 Potions, 5 Pokeballs, 2 apples, a torch, 2 batteries, a sleeping bag and a pack of candy.
Defining Feature: As aforementioned, his most defining features are his eyes, which are two different colours due to a birth defect called heterochromia iridis.
Fears: The dark. Ren is extremely afraid of the dark, to the point of almost fainting, which is why he always brings a flashlight everywhere. He also has a more mild phobia of ghosts.
Strengths: An excellent level of intelligence and obliviousness that allows him to be more optimistic. He is also careful, and while that may be a hindrance, it is helpful a lot of the time.
Pokemon at home: A Jigglypuff belonging to his mother.
Pokemon Team:
Species: Abra
Name: Arba
Ability: Magic Guard (prevents non-direct damage)
Personality: Arba is aloof and extremely timid, preferring to avoid social contact and, if needed, battle from afar. He is quick to flee, but is affectionate to his Trainer.
Fears: Almost everything except anyone or anything he knows. Arba is extremely timid.
Strengths: Naturally, being in the Alakazam evolutionary line, he has about the same IQ as a 9 year old human. Arba also is very fast, possibly because of his tendancy to flee.
Battle Style: Like any Abra, Arba's battle style is to cripple the opponent with status moves, and then attack with strong Special moves from afar.
Moves:
Teleport - Arba teleports a short distance away from the opponent. Useful for a quick flee.
Confusion - Arba releases a weak telekinetic force that targets the mind and may cause confusion.
Confuse Ray - Arba generates an odd, flashy set of balls from his head and fires the balls at his opponent, causing confusion.
Hypnosis - Arba's eyes flash a deep magenta, releasing a hypnotic suggestion that sends the target into a deep sleep.
Growl - Arba growls in an endearing way, reducing the target's Attack stat.
Guard Split - Arba uses psychic power to average out his and the target's Defense and Special Defense stats.
History: This particular Abra was hatched straight from an egg, an egg given to Ren by his father, who had a top tier Alakazam. Not even his dad knows where the egg came from, he found it under a bridge. It was a challenge training Arba, for he was scared of almost everything, but eventually, he became fit for battling.
Species: Drifloon
Name: Floon
Ability: Aftermath (the foe who deals the finishing blow loses a quarter of their health).
Personality: Floon is a distant individual, always zoning out at one point or another. He tends to lose focus extremely quickly, especially during arduous or mundane tasks. He seems relatively compliant to sit around and do nothing but float all day. While battling, it is not uncommon to see him completely refuse to move and/or attack, and while a good Will-o-Wisp or Hypnosis is usually enough to put wild Pokemon off, it's a different story during battles.
Fears: Floon, not unlike Ren, is not fond of the dark, and is even more jittery around Dark types. While facing a Dark type, he tends to ignore Ren and use Minimize multiple times in a row until one can barely see him.
Strengths: Floon excels against Fighting types, being immune and super effective against them. Being full of air, he can take a surprising amount of hits before he falls.
Defining Features: Floon's most noticeable difference is that he has circles instead of hearts on the tips of his feelers. Fantina, the Gym leader of Ren's hometown, was always fascinated by this.
Battle Style: Floon tends to use a status move or two to shut down its opponent, and then it uses a boosted Hex. He can also employ the Minimize strategy; use Minimize multiple times to make Floon close to impossible to hit.
Moves:
Minimize: Floon compresses its body by letting out some air. It makes him less likely to be hit by an attack, but more likely to succumb to them.
Stockpile: Floon takes in air which raises its Defense and Special Defense. The stockpile can be used 3 times before Floon cannot take in any more air.
Spit Up: Floon spits up all the stockpiled energy it has gathered to deal damage. The more times Stockpile has been used, the more damage this move does.
Swallow: Floon swallows all the stockpiled energy it has gathered to heal damage. The more times Stockpile has been used, the more damage this move heals.
Hypnosis: Floon's eyes glow a deep magenta, releasing a hypnotic suggestion that puts the target into a deep sleep.
Will-o-Wisp: Floon releases cursed embers from its soul. It burns the target if it makes contact.
Hex: Floon summons cursed energy from its soul, dealing damage to the target. If the target is affected by a status condition, this attack does double the damage.
History: Floon was a normal Drifloon, floating around with a group of other Drifloons while picking up random kids and taking them to the middle of Eterna Forest, feeding on their fear before returning them to their mortified parents and having a good laugh. One day he was abruptly challenged by a young boy with an Abra by his side. After being defeated and captured, he soon began to feel happier around Ren and Arba, eventually letting Ren give him commands in battle.
Species: Venonat
Name: Veno
Ability: Compound Eyes
Personality: Veno is a hard worker, always doing her very best at everything. She is loyal to her Trainer and is a good friend to everyone else. At night, she becomes more active and slightly more powerful. When happy, she spreads a silvery powder that can cause an allergic reaction for some.
Fears: Veno is afraid of water, most probably because of a prior incident involving almost drowning.
Strengths: Veno is good at disabling opponents. She also is a good healer, being able to heal the status conditions of her team mates.
Defining Features: If one looks very closely, one can see that a single fang is missing.
Battle Style: Veno likes to use many different powder type moves to disable an opponent.
Moves:
Confusion: Veno releases a weak telekinetic force that targets the foe's mind, dealing damage. The wave may cause confusion.
Supersonic: Veno screams with an earsplitting sound, causing confusion.
Poison Powder: Veno releases a curious purple powder into the air. Any non Grass or Poison type inhaling the powder will become poisoned.
Sleep Powder: Veno releases a fine green powder into the air. Any non Grass type inhaling the powder will fall asleep.
Stun Spore: Veno releases a bright yellow powder into the air. Any non Grass or Electric type inhaling the powder will become paralysed.
History: Veno used to belong to a Lass on the earlier routes. Just three days after the Lass had received Veno, a group of thugs stole her Pokemon. The thugs were arrested after about a week, but Veno had disappeared. The reason why she had disappeared was because one thug dropped her Pokeball, and Ren was the one who found it. Nonetheless, Veno is extremely happy with Ren.
History: Ren was born in Hearthome City in Sinnoh, from an average family with an average pay. His father was a doctor and his mother was a chef. His father was actually part psychic, but, not unlike Ren, he did not possess any psychic powers. Still, that did not stop him from being an excellent Psychic type Trainer, as his psychic status allowed him to train some more advanced Psychic Pokemon. Ren wished to follow in his father's footsteps, hence his first Pokemon being Abra.

-------------------------

Oops, I clicked send way too early. Sorry!

Obviously this isn't finished yet, I'll be editing it now.

Last edited:
XD fear of the dark and social anxiety. Two combinations for disaster. XD

Also, if you want @Sharksuitguy17, you can have your Abra know more than 4 moves.

Though, how are you planning on limiting Teleport? Only to places that Abra remembers? Because if so, then it would be a cheap shot to escape from a mountain really easily. Unless you have another reason why Abra can't use Teleport to escape the mountain.