• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Kalos chronicles!

A thick fog filled the air of Vaniville town on a cool spring morning in the Kalos region that made even the simplest of things difficult to see, but one young boy didn't care. Lucien Bernard was about to begin his very own tale of adventure and grandeur, but he certainly wasn't alone; even though his journey had begun today by coincidence, many trainers could not say the same. For those arriving by sea, car, or maybe even air, it was very likely that Professor Sycamore had called them over in order to help him with his research. Over the past few weeks, Sycamore and his scientists had called up families across the globe with young teens and had put adverts in newspapers in order to bring tourism to the Kalos region for one reason; he wanted to know more about Mega Evolution.

Apparently, even though people in the Kalos region knew about Mega Evolution, it wasn't something that people in other places were aware of. Sycamore hoped that, by bringing more people to the region, Mega Evolution would become more widespread and as a result more people would learn to harness it. Those starting their adventures because of Sycamore would receive a pokedex in the mail, as well as a choice of three starter pokemon native to Kalos; they could of course refuse these mons if they wanted and bring one of their own pokemon, but a lot of trainers chose to take them on the basis that they were pretty strong to start with. Regardless, Vaniville town was almost full of trainers compared to usual and Lucien found it hard to not bump into people wherever he walked.

He was still pretty new to owning Belle, his chingling, and as a result the two didn't have a close relationship as most trainers did with their pokemon. Still, that didn't mean he wasn't going to at least try to get to know her better. The boy sat on a bench close to an inn he had stayed at the night before while his partner floated around looking at all of the other trainers walking through the town. As she moved, a small quiet bell rang from inside of her body, likely the alerting other people to her presence. The cold air helped Lucien stay awake at such an early time, and he couldn't help but think the town looked pretty serene with everyone walking past in the fog. Considering he had only ever lived in the bustling Lumiose city, Vaniville town was quite the change of pace.

"Hey!" Lucien said, calling over his pokemon. "Want a...Poffin?!" he asked, growing loud and excitable at the end of his question to try and get his pokemon to become enthusiastic. The young boy pulled out a yellow poffin from his bag placed by his feet and held it out. Belle floated over and landed softly on his wrist, then Lucien broke off a few small pieces of the poffin and fed them to his pokemon. While doing so, he sat happily, waiting for her to finish before deciding what to do next, whether that's moving over to the next town or finding someone else to talk to...

The road to Mistralton City seemed longer than ever, even though Cece had done it many times before. Hugo, Cece's father, accompanied her to wave her goodbye at the Mistralton Airport. "You're one-hundred per cent sure you've got absolutely everything, right?" He enquired curiously, for the umpteenth time. Cece nodded, her suitcase rolling behind her. "Right, here we are. I have to get to Terminal 7. I can take it from here, dad." Cece commented, turning herself around with a swift move. Ace, her trusty Rowlet, was perched on her shoulder, glancing around at the hasty crowd. "Alright, alright. You're still my little girl." He softly said. After a tight hug and a tear or two, Cece waved off her father one last time and boarded the plane that would change her life forever.

With Cece seated and Ace now in its Poké ball, Cece took the time to listen to Professor Sycamore's Xtransceiver message one more time.

Bonjour future trainer of Kalos
As the Pokémon professor of Kalos, it is my duty to research all of what our region has to offer. Ofcourse, this is a tough task. Therefore, I give you the opportunity to travel to Kalos and help me in my research. Not only will you receive a very rare Pokémon, you will also have the chance to meet many new people and Pokémon. You could even learn about something new called Mega Evolution.
What are you waiting for? Come to Kalos, c'est fantastique!

Even after hearing it for what must be the twentieth time, it still filled Cece with excitement. What kind of Pokémon would I find? How strong would they be? Would Draiden know these Pokémon too? Cece was lost in thought while the plane made its way over the ocean, all the way to Kiloude City's own airport. From there, Cece would take the train to Lumiose, and then make her way to Vaniville Town, where her Pokédex would be waiting for her.

Once landed and off the plane, Cece threw Ace's Pokéball in the air, letting it take in the fresh air of Kiloude City. Ace flew up as far as he could, giving its wings a nice stretch before dropping back down and landing on Cece's shoulder. "This is it buddy. Our new adventure." Cece smiled, scratching Ace's head. Together, they took the first train to Lumiose City, arriving only a few minutes later. There wasn't much time for sightseeing, as Cece rushed over to Vaniville Town so she could finally start her new adventure. Her plans were spoiled, however, as when she arrived in Vaniville Town, it became clear that she wasn't the only trainer who would start their adventure through Kalos that day.

Leaning against a streetlight still shining in the morning haze, Matthew thumbed through a Trainer's School leaflet about type advantages with a faraway look in his eyes. He'd arrived in Vaniville early that morning-- earlier than he would've liked. There hadn't been much else to do but study, but the weather reminded him too much of home for him to focus. The scent of flowers drifted through the air, intensified by the fog, and he found himself nearly dropping the pamphlet in his exhausted daze. The advert his parents had been so eager about definitely hadn't mentioned such a schedule-- if it had, he might have fought harder to not go.

But he was here now. So were a number of other trainers, it seemed. This was a small town, "peaceful and quiet" according to the tourism brochures, but in the fog he could see plenty of people with various Pokémon, all different shapes and sizes. Living in a port town had gotten him used to the concept of unknown Pokémon, but that was before he had ever even considered being a trainer. The vague shapes in the mist left him feeling a little nonplussed. He glanced down at his partner who was still idly windmilling his arms, and had been for the past half-hour.

He'd gotten Blitz as a kind of assistant when he'd worked at the lighthouse, but he'd never actually battled with him. They'd worked together plenty, and Matthew felt like they had a decent bond-- but the thought of actually battling was a little intimidating. There was only so much you could pick up on trainer technique from TV show dramas and watching the occasional street fight. He... was pretty sure he knew Blitz's moveset?

Well, he'd figure it out. He didn't plan on forcing the Elekid to go through too many battles anyways. Ignore all the trainers in the area, get the pokédex (the only highlight of this trip), move on to the next city as fast as possible. A pretty good plan if you asked him, considering he made it while still feeling half-asleep. Did Kalos have coffeeshops, and if so, where was the nearest? Maybe they'd have some sort of snack for Blitz, he'd been acting kind of restless ever since Matthew let him out of the pokéball once they got to Vaniville.

As the morning came, Victoria walked out of the inn she stayed in for the night, only to find the fog that has hit Vaniville Town. Apart from the fog, she also noticed a bunch of trainers that have gathered in the town and are ready to start on their journeys. The sight of seeing trainers brought a small smile to Victoria's face as she now feels that she is one of them, a Pokémon Trainer.

Victoria proceeded to sit down on a nearby bench, which she was luckily able to find through the fog, and thought about whether or not running away was a good decision. 'Is this really a good idea?' She thought to herself as her smile disappeared, 'Did I make the right call?' She then brought out Froakie's Pokéball and looked at it. After a few minutes of thinking to herself, she shook her head and thought, 'What am I thinking!? Of course I made a good call! Who knows if I would ever get another opportunity like this.' Her small smile returned after reassuring herself.

Tons of trainers flocked to Vaniville town, all there to begin their adventures; In the mist, shadows of all shapes and sizes moved like eerie ghosts. Every so often, pokemon or people would made noises of various tones, but these didn’t exactly help to calm the nerves of many of the new trainers that had come to the village. Considering the temperate climate of the Kalos region, fog wasn’t all that unusual, but many of the new trainers from hotter regions far-away likely weren’t used to the weather and probably would have a tough time acclimating to it for the first few days of their journey. Lucien didn’t need to worry too much about the fog or the cool air, since he’d been in the region his whole life and was pretty used to the cooler temperatures and adverse weather. He sat alone for a few moments, continuing to feed his pokemon her Pokepuff, however something pretty unnerving spooked the duo and caused Belle to jump close to Lucine’s chest and burt herself in his pocket.

It was...a shadow.

Not just above the trainers, but above the whole town was a massive dark shadow that seemed to move about as fast as a masquerain on water. The shadow blocked out what little sunshine was filtering down to the town, however it wouldn’t be long before the situation changed drastically. A muffled shout came from in the sky where the shadow was, although the person was too far away to actually hear what they were saying. In a moment, a heavy gust of wind blew from the town causing most of the trainers to stumble or hunker down so that they weren’t knocked over. The longer the gale continued, however, the more the people of the town would realize that...the fog was clearing! As the buildings and other trainers came into view, it became clear that the large shadow was actually a noivern, ridden by two young adults.

The noivern came to land at the exit to the town, and the other two trainers hopped off of its back swiftly. Sitting on the bench, Lucien realized that he was actually next to another young trainer, although he didn’t stay long for a chat - he simply smiled at the other trainer and stood up, picking Belle out of his coat and placing her on his shoulder. The teen began walking over to the Noivern. The two people that had jumped from its back were dressed in white labcoats, and one of them was holding a megaphone, clearly indicating that they were some kind of scientist. Lucine looked at the two of them, and while he thought their fashion sense was strange he didn’t really comment on them considering they were likely working and how they were dressed was simply some part of their uniform. His Chingling floated over to investigate too, although it seemed to lose interest quickly and came back to Lucien to perch on his head.

“EVERYONE!” They called, using the megaphone to Amplify their voice. “We work for Professor Sycamore, and we’re here to welcome you to the Kalos region! For all of you starting your journeys today, there is a life of adventure ahead of you here, as well as a number of gyms, chances to perform and a number of crazy experiences to be had.” The man, his assistant, and the noivern would then shuffle to the side of the route and each put out their arm as if to say ‘go ahead’. He’d continue speaking, although this time pretty quieter and while taking a few pokeballs out of a saddle-bag that had been strapped onto his Noivern. “Past this way is the larger Aquacorde town, then Route 1 and Santalune forest. These are the first few paths you’ll take on your journey, like many people before you. Although…” he continued, tipping his glasses forward so that they glinted in the sunlight. “...It is recommended that you travel in a group instead of alone. There are dangerous people and pokemon out there, and being in a group has been known to reduce the risk of being mugged.”

The man finally finished, and as he did Lucien smiled and then looked about him. The thought of being mugged for money was certainly scary but there were plenty of trainers around and he certainly could meet new people to travel with. There were more people than he could count, all heading off on seperate adventures, but perhaps he could find someone to journey with. There was a kid with a rufflet who looked nice, but despite this Lucien’s attention was diverted by something else - an Elekid! He’d never seen one in person before, and it certainly piqued his interest; the young boy walked over to the trainer with the Elekid while Belle was nestled on his head in his curly brown hair humming a happy tune as she waited for something else to do.

“Hey!” Lucien said cheerily, waving at Matthew while smiling at the same time.Looking at him, Lucien realized that actually Matthew’s sense of style was pretty cool, and even though it was simple it still gave off an expression that there was something cool and collected about the boy. Lucien held out a hand expecting Matthew to shake it. Assuming he did, the boy would retract it quickly and continue smiling. “The name’s Lucien, an up-and-coming performer looking to start my journey. Its crazy what that guy said, about the muggings and dangerous people out there huh?” Lucien then held his hand up to his head, and his Chingling came out to walk onto his palm. “This is my partner Belle, and well, we were wondering if you’d like to come with us on our adventure. I’m not sure about you, but I’d rather go as a group than go alone, plus I think it’d be more fun.” For a while, Lucien stood quiet for a few moments, but then spoke again to try and make himself seem even better hoping that at least someone would want to join him. “I can make some pretty good PokePuffs you know, Plus I know quite a lot about Pokemon care, so I would be useful to have around…”

Sigh. The group of trainers that gathered in Vaniville grew larger and larger by the minute. Cece grew tired of waiting while Ace was keeping itself occupied by flying circles throught the thick fog, observing Kalos' potential new champions from above. Professor Sycamore's message suddenly sounded a lot less profound. "Ace, down." Cece ordered, the little Rufflet quickly obeying and landing on her left shoulder. And just in time it seemed.

When a strong gust of wind hit town, Ace took shelter between Cece's arms, who was gripping onto it tightly, struggling to keep herself standing. Only when the fog had cleared the two could see where the gust had come from. They both prepared for battle, until the mysterious Pokémon and its two trainers descended and stated their business.

Right. In groups, mh? I don't think so. Cece made her way to over to the queue for Pokédexes, which the gust had disrupted abruptly. "Thank youuu.~" she hummed in a sing-song manner, taking her Pokédex and leaving for the gate to Route 1.

Before leaving Vaniville, Cece took the time to scan her first Kalos Pokémon, Noivern.

Noivern. The sound wave Pokémon. The ultrasonic waves it emits from its ears can reduce a large boulder to pebbles. It swoops out of the dark to attack.

"Interesting." Cece murmured, carrying on her way to Route 1, and eventually Aquacorde Town.

As the shadowed thing loomed overhead, Matthew found himself catching one of Blitz's spinning arms and pulling him closer to his side. He was thankful for that a moment later, when the shadow descended and an intense gust of wind swept through the area, clearing the fog. It was... not a Pokémon he recognized, of course. The draconic tilt to its jaw and claws was obvious, but its coloring brought to mind poison-types. Two people in labcoats disembarked, and he thought, finally. The professors couldn't have arrived soon enough. Listening to their speech, he wondered to himself-- was Kalos really that dangerous? It wasn't as if Team Rocket could be active in such a faraway region. But, if the professors said so, it must be.

Matthew was distracted from his grim thoughts by Blitz trying to pull away from him, horns sparking. "Hey, what's wrong? We'll get you something to eat soon, I promise." The Elekid took no notice of him, instead focused on an approaching trainer. A trainer with a strange sort of Pokémon resting on his head-- one Matthew only recognized in appearance from his brief studies on baby Pokémon, when he'd first gotten Blitz. He had no clue what it was called. The stranger greeted him, and his attention was drawn back to the boy.

"Oh... hey." The trainer held out a hand, and Matthew shook awkwardly. A performer? It seemed to suit Lucien's appearance, what with the vibrant shirt. Blitz tugged on his other hand, and he was glad to let go of the handshake quickly before the Elekid had the bright idea of zapping this new acquaintance by using his own trainer as a conduit. He wasn't really interested in making friends here, but he was even less interested in enemies. "I'm Matthew. This is Blitz, my partner."

Travelling together? He felt a twinge of contriteness at the thought-- he didn't know when he would leave, exactly, but he definitely didn't want to stay here longer than he had to. Lucien looked like a confident sort of guy, and local based on how good his Kalosian was, but if the routes were as dangerous as the professors had warned then having to abandon him after a couple of gyms felt... wrong. And while he'd sworn to himself to leave Kalos with no attachments as soon as possible, the professors' speech had really spooked him, too, though he wouldn't admit it. It was true that there was safety in numbers.

Blitz looked up at him and gave a crackling whine, as if sensing his uncertainty. After a few tense moments and the promise of Poképuffs (whatever those were), Matthew finally nodded. With all the trainers around, Lucien would have no trouble eventually picking another partner when the time came for him to leave. "Sure, I think that'd be for the best. As for what I can do..." He hefted his backpack off the ground. "Uh... I've got spare batteries?" And a bunch of miscellaneous screwdrivers and other tools, but Matthew had never heard of a Pokédex ever breaking. Well, if one of their group was going to be dead weight, he'd rather it be him.

Victoria proceeded to look up to see a shadowed figure flying over the town. "What is that?" She asked herself. As it blew a gust of wind to clear the fog, Victoria held onto her fedora to make sure it wouldn't fly out of her head. Once the gust of wind stopped, she saw that the shadowed figure was in fact a Noivern along with two scientists. Her attention was focused on the Noivern and the scientists that she didn't notice the person who was sitting in the same bench as her.

After listening to the speech, Victoria thought about the warning they had given. 'Travel in groups to lower your chances of being in danger?' She thought to herself. She proceeded to look around and saw that many trainers have already gotten into groups. 'Well, technically it isn't mandatory. Plus if I need to group up with anyone, I could always meet someone down the.... assuming anyone is left to group up that is,' she then thought.

Victoria went up to get her Pokédex and proceeded to make her way to Route 1

Crimson was new to the customs Kalos had. He was always a little shy when it came to people so when he heard he had to be in a group with people he froze. His Bulbasaur nuzzled his trainers leg as a way of comfort and Crimson rubbed the little guy's forehead. He picked up his pokemon and held it in his arms as he grabbed his PokeDex. He nods and slowly makes his way to Route 1.

On his way, he saw many pokemon. Fletchling and Ducklett greeted him with loud chirps. He nods and giggles as he found a spot near the bridge. "Come on Saur! Let's take a photo." The Bulbasaur jumped onto his trainer's shoulder and Crimson held the phone up and took the photo of them.

"This is going to be a fun adventure!"

"What? Breaks never brought anything good for anyone!" Eli's voice rose above the chirping of the birds, luckily there was nobody around to exchange judgmental stares about the boy. "Don't tell me you're tired, we're already late." Elijah let out an exaggerated sigh as his companion slumped onto the woodland floor; a soft groan turned into a full out yell as Eli shifted his gaze from the direction he knew Vaniville town was located and towards his exasperated pokemon. Eli's pink gaze was shrouded with determination as he stomped towards Dwebble and scooped the rock-type up with a grunt. Though clearly struggling, Elijah marched forward with his friend in his arms- he wasn't going to wait another minute for his journey to begin! Dwebble, despite the obvious pain he put his trainer in, smiled giddily and waved his claw-like limbs in the air to motion towards the small buildings.
"Yeah, yeah... stop squirming." Eli groaned at his pokemon's excited cries. With a pant, Eli rose his gaze from the ground only to discover that they had arrived. While Dwebbles observation went unnoticed, Eli just about had a panic attack when he realized the long journey was over... well technically it was just beginning. "YES!" Eli pumped his fists into the air, dropping Dwebble in the process- unaware that they were midway through a speech, Eli grinned sheepishly at the looks he got from the commotion he had caused. Eli stood at the edge of the crowd, he could easily see above the heads of most the other trainers, despite them being older than him. He sort of listened to the speech, but really just couldn't wait to get his pokedex.
"Sorry! Excuse me. Coming through!" Elijah pushed through the crowd, his apologizes were hallow but well-intended as he impatiently made his way towards the front of the crowd. "Thanks so much. Oh yeah!" Eli took his pokedex with an excited grin, showing it off to the uninterested few who surrounded him. He looked down at Dwebble, although the rock type wasn't afraid to be stepped on, and lead his quickly through the crowd. The small creature was low to the ground, and with Elijah's absent mind, it was easy to lose his new best friend. Eli assumed that everyone was grouping up, the speech mentioned something about that. Of course, Eli had no problem inviting himself into a group! The first group, of rather spiffy looking men- cleanly rejected the clumsy Elijah, stating that he would ruin their image. Elijah didn't think much of it, the second group he asked- closer to his age- kindly dismissed him by claiming their group was already too big. "Oh..." Eli grinned, "Have fun, then." Eli waved them off, imagining that they were technically his friends after that conversation.
Eli sighed as he looked down at Dwebble. "I guess everyone really is taken. Don't worry, someone will be lucky to have us on their team, you're pretty strong, ya know!" Eli smiled at the description of his pokemon. Elijah gave the pokemon a thumbs up... "We'll find some one..." Elijah muttered as he narrowed his gaze on the herd of trainers. Watching for an open trainer as he walked, Elijah didn't see the other figure in front of him and they completely collided! Stumbling backwards, but not quite falling, Eli rubbed the shoulder he had pumped the other person with and huffed. "I-I'm so sorry." Elijah quickly apologized; rather loudly at that. "Are you alright?" The young male asked, sure he was concerned for them; but more importantly, he wondered if they already had a group.

(Anyone can be the person Eli bumped into, just respond accordingly. Sorry I didn't want to choose anyone because I'm too lazy to decide)

And then Crimson fell, Bulbasaur rolling onto his feet and looking up at the man who bumped into his trainer. "Bulba!" The tiny pokemon exclaimed. Crimson looked up at Eli and sighed as he slowly got back to his feet. "Bulbasaur, don't do anything alright..." He said softly. "I'm fine...I promise..." Crimson's brown hair was a little messy as he pushed it back into place.

"I'm Crimson. This is Saur, my Bulbasaur." The plant dinosaur hybrid waved his paw. "Bulba Bulba Bulbasaur." Crimson scowled at his pokemon. "He called you a jerk." He patted his own clothes before looking at Eli then looked around him. He was awfully confused so he asked,

"Where's your group?"

Eli watched as the male before him hit the floor. The feisty bulbasaur at the boy's feet caused Elijah to take a step backwards, not that the small creature was all that threatening. Elijah sort of blinked at the pokemon-trainer pair, he couldn't read them at all. Bulbasaur seemed about ready to rip his face off, but the other trainer didn't give much emotion at all. As Dwebble shrunk into his shell, taking the moment of conversation to rest, Eli tilted his head slightly. I mean, this guy wasn't the nicest person on earth; but he was one of the few trianers who didn't seem occupied by a group. The boy weighed his options before shrugging, maybe he was just upset because he was pushed over- maybe this guy wasn't so bad after all. With a hopeful smile, Elijah's rosy gaze lit up- "Oh yeah, my name's Elijah. You can call me Eli. My partner is Dwebble, see?" Eli introduced himself accordingly, gesturing to Dwebble as if it wasn't obvious enough.
Crimson's translation of his pokemon's insult seemed to actually hurt Eli, as he frowned and slumped his shoulders. "I said sorry." the young male whispered to himself before hearing Crimson's question. "I don't have a group!" Elijah nodded as a large, suggestive smile curled onto his lips. A moment of awkward nodding by Elijah was followed by him leaning in closer to the other trainer, "So, Crimson, Do you have a group?" Eli asked, knowing the answer all too well. "Because if not... I think it would be awesome for you to join me. I mean, It'd make my day!' Eli explained with a soft smile. The male could barely contain himself, he fidgeted slightly while waiting for the other boy's response. A real friend; a necessity to any great trainer's journey.

Crimson smiled at him. "Yeah no joke! I'd love to be apart of your group. Me and Bulbasaur were on our lonesome. That was until you bumped into me." He had such an adorable smile across his face that he couldn't contain the fact that he doesn't have many friends in this region so he was hoping that this Eli would make a good ally.

Bulbasaur walked circles around Dwebble. "..." He stared at him, jumping up and down. Crimson picked up his little pokemon. "Saur don't do that. That's kinda rude." He said softly. "Sorry about Saur...he still is mad at you." He wrapped his arms around his small pokemon.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Cane was walking with Orion when he saw the Eli and Crimson, he decided to wander over, "Hello there, I was walking nearby and thought I'd introduce myself". He then pointed to Orion "this is my partner Orion, and my name is Canis-Lupus Arctos, but call me Cane, I'm in Kalos to spread my music, I'm a performer from Alola" he thought for a second before asking, "so why are you to fine gentleman in Kalos".

Crimson looked over at Canis. "Ah. I'm Crimson. A trainer from Pallet Town. I brought my newly hatched Bulbasaur from that region here." He held up the small seed pokemon to Lycanroc-Dusk and Cane. "He's still learning." Bulbasaur sat on the orange wolf like pokemon and cooed. "He likes her." He giggled. Crimson pushed his hair back.

(OOC: like a good neighbor, statefarm is there: https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-kalos-chronicles-discussion-thread.20741/) "LOUDRED-LOUDRED!!!" screamed Namine's alarm clock. "wuh-WHAT!? Today's that day?" Namine looked at her diary. "It is." "Honey, I told you not to stay up all night." Namine quickly got dressed. "You're right! I didn't even pack." Namine ran downstairs in a stressed state and nearly tripped. Her aunt helped her calm down. "You're lucky I packed for you." "Thanks Auntie, you're a life saver." Said Namine as she grabbed the backpack her mom was holding. "Bye Mom, I promise I'll call once I get to Santalune!" She said and she grabbed an incubator with a dark red colored egg.

She sprinted outside and through route 1 past some other trainers. She ran to Professer Sycamore who was about to leave.

"I knew I was missing soneone. You're Namine right? You almost missed us." "I'm sorry professor." Said Namine with a quick bow. "No worries. Anyway, here's your pokedex and you also requested a pokemon over the phone right?" Said Professor Sycamore as she handed Namine a small box with the pokedex and a pokeball. "Thank you professor." She said grabbing the box. She put the incubator in her backpack. "Since you missed my speech, I'll just sum it up. I recommended trainers to try to travel in groups. Why don't you talk to those trainers over there." "Alright, thank you professor!" Namine said happily turning around. She put her pokedex (The top is black and the bottom is white.)

She turned to the group of three that contained a Bulbasaur and a Dwebble. "Hi my name is Namine, and this is Carmen!" She said as she pressed the button on her pokeball. A blue light spewed out of the pokeball and formed into a Fenniken.

Last edited:
Soon, Crimson's unsure expression was replaced with that of a smile. "Oh yeah!" Elijah let out an instinctive cheer. Eli looked down at Dwebble, who was pinching groggily at the Bulbasaur. "That's fine; it's good to see that he's so protective. I'm sorry buddy, I hope I can make it up to you." Elijah smiled at the grass-type pokemon. The newly hatched seed-pokemon seemed to be a lot more motivated than Dwebble by now, it was almost embarrassing. Eli tapped his toes in excitement, he looked up at the sun... it was still midday, they were going to have plenty of time to travel. The young male swung his arms up and above his head, making a relaxed gesture as he watched some groups start to head out. as the town grew less and less crowded, it started to become rather pretty.
Another voice caused Eli to spin on his heels. Eli's expression lit up at the sight of the large rock-type pokemon, "Wow!" the boy's mouth dropped open. He was used to seeing the new trainers and their pokemon, but not even Grant's team looked that cool. "He's so cool. He must be, like, really strong too, huh?" Elijah gawked over the strangers pokemon for a moment before shaking his head and looking up at Cane with a wide grin. The trainer was huge too... so cool looking. He doubted any bad guys would want to mess with a guy like that. "Oh yeah, my names Eli!" Elijah decided to start giving out his nickname, it's what he preferred to be called anyways. "I'm a new trainer, I'm from Cyllage City. And this is my pal, Dwebble." Eli gestured towards his companion, who had nestled between his feet. Before anymore introductions could bore Eli, the boy bursted upright in a sort of jump-like fashion. "Hey! Wanna join our team. It's just me and Crim now," Eli gave Crimson the nickname, and whether the other trainer liked it or not- it was going to stick, "But we'd love for you to join us!" Eli exclaimed as he stood on his tippy-toes and threw his arms into the air.
Before Cane could give a response to Eli's enthusiastic request, another trainer joined the scene. A female this time, and a rather small mouse among the giants of men. "Nice to meet you Namine!" it was amazing to see that the boy had yet to run out of breath. "Can I call you Nami? I'm gonna call you Nami." Elijah stated- "Oh yeah, I'm Eli- and this is my partner Dwebble" by then, the rock type was asleep. Eli waved a hello to the Fennekin, but soon grew very impatient. He was ready to leave, but he didn't want to seem childish or rash by leaving the town to quickly. With a sigh, Eli looked over the group before him, not bad. So many new friends on his first day, the young male couldn't wait to see what else his adventure would bring him.

Cece and Ace were walking along Route 1, enjoying the sights of Kalos. The route was so short she could see Aquacorde calling for her, a crowd already gathering on the main square. Even though she was hellbent on going to the next town by herself, the words of the two Noivern-riding scientists still lingered in her head. Dangerous people and Pokémon? Muggings? What if Ace... She couldn't help but overthink it all.

Coincidentally, two interesting looking trainers walked by her. Both had Pokémon Cece had never seen before. Might as well. Cece lifted up her Pokédex, scanning and registering the two Pokémon.

Elekid. The Electric Pokémon. It generates electricity by whirling its arms. However, it can’t store the energy it makes.
Chingling. The Bell Pokémon. There is an orb inside its mouth. When it hops, the orb bounces all over and makes a ringing sound.

The two Pokémon were added to the Pokédex, and Cece saw a chance to introduce herself and group with them.

"H-hi." she interrupted quietly, approaching the two trainers. Ace tried hiding behind her hair a little, seemingly just as nervous as she was. "I'm new around here, and the scientists' speech was kind of unnerving." She began, opening up to the two trainers. "I was wondering if I could tag along with you guys? I'm Cece, by the way." She enquired, holding out her hand to them.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Cane turned from Orion and the Bulbasaur, he responded to Eli with "yeah sure, sounds great" before turning to the newcomer, "oh hi Namine, my name is Canis-Lupus, but it's Cane for short, and that Lycanroc there is mine, her name is Orion." He smiled politely before opening his bag and pulling out his custom Pokédex, it was completely white with a wolf symbol on the back, he registered the Fennikin, Bulbasaur and Dwebble. He then looked through his bag, checking for his food it was there, he had knocked his wolf mask out of his bag while searching, so he picked it up and placed it back inside.

Namine saw Cane pulling out his pokedex. "Oh, guess I should too." Said Namine. She pulled it out of the box and put the box in her backpack that was a little too full. She pulled her backpack back on her back but the top flap wasn't fully on. She put Carmen and scaned the Bulbasaur and the Dwebble. She scanned the Dwebble first because she has never seen one before.While she was distracted, she didn't notice the incubator in the process of falling out of her bag. She turned when she felt the shift in weight but she was to slow and the egg was already in the process of falling out. Luckily, Carmen caught it and the egg was unharned. Not so luckily, Carmen didn't exactly "catch it". "Oops, sorry Carmen." Said Namine to the now kinda crushed Carmen. She picked up the egg, took out her pokeball and returned Carmen. "I forgot to introduce you guys to a friend of mine. Their name is Sunnyside". She finnaly noticed the orange wolf pokemon behind Cane. "I was about to ask, what's that pokemon?" She said pointing at it. "It had no data when I used the pokedex."

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Cane finished putting his things neatly in his bag, he had grabbed something for Orion and gave it to him as he straightened up. He heard Namine ask him about Orion and turned to her, "Oh Orion here is a Dusk Form Lycanroc, she is from the Alola region where I'm from, so that might be why your Pokédex doesn't have the data. He decided to move the conversation on and asked "so, what kind of music do you guys listen to, I listen to a lot of stuff from Alola, but I've never really heard any music from other regions." He said this smiling at Namine and the guys.

As Victoria walked through Route 1, a lot of questions were going through her mind in regards to what's to come in her journey. Is she going to travel Kalos alone? Or with a group? How long would this journey last? What would she do if she ran into her parents during her journey? Where would she go once she finished her journey in Kalos? These questions caused Victoria sigh. "I wish Furfrou were here to comfort me...." She said to herself as she looked down.

With Victoria deep in her thoughts, a gust of wind was able to catch her by surprise and cause her fedora to fly off of her head. Victoria was startled a bit and proceeded to chase after her fedora, which landed beside three trainers that are accompanied by an Elekid, Chingling, and Rufflet. As she was about to pick it up, Victoria looked up at the three trainers with a light blush out of embarrassment.

Victoria cleared her throat to brush off her embarrassment and picked up her fedora. "My apologies," she said as she dusts it off, "I hope I wasn't interrupting anything." She then proceeds to put on her fedora after dusting it off.

"I don't really listen to music all that much ,but I don't mind listening to songs from Idols back in Sinnoh like constest star Keira and I often see Idol grace on TV but mostly I just listen to anime openings and game soundtracks." said Namine kind of embarassed. "Besides that, I believe we've all formally introduced ourselves. I would like to ask you, will you all plaase go on your adventures with me. I'm not sure how useful I can be, but I will try my best. If so, please follow me to Aquarode town." She turned around and started walking towards Route 1.