• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The isle of shadows (Mature content!)

... Oh my Arceus, this is happening...

A trainer just died... A trainer was just attacked by a Pokemon... and they died...

Lucien's mind was racing a mile a minute - no, a mile a second - until he realized that he was in pain. Vera might as well be a Corphish at this point, the way she had a Vice Grip on him. Her nails were digging into him a bit, and his side was still bugging him from the night before, so the combination of pain and the terror felt was enough to put Lucien on edge - rather, it was enough to have Lucien connect a rope to the edge, put himself in a harness, and dangle off of the edge, thousands and thousands of meters above the endless ever-expanding field of sharp spiked of instability and insanity.

Lucien's hand slowly moved to his neck, checking his own pulse. His heartbeat was quickening, his breaths were shortening, he was shivering, and though he was already immensely pale, he could feel that the blood was leaving his head. He wanted to stay with Vera, to calm her down, but something in his mind was screaming now, begging, pleading, ordering, demanding, mandating, shrieking for him to hide, to get as far away as he could and stay hidden until the tournament was over - or worse, his inevitable death came knocking.

Someone just died... someone just died in front of me... someone just died in front of me, and if I try to get out of this mess, that'll be me... I-I'm gonna die here... They're gonna kill me... They're gonna get me...

His fear turned to paranoia in waves. His heartbeat went up further, he shivered more, his near white skin grew more pallid, his breathing was picking up speed... He darted his head around to look at everyone over, and over, and over... he was going to die here. If a Pokemon didn't get him first, they would. He could just feel it, they were going to get him. It didn't matter whether he fought back or not, he was going to die. Would it be by fire? By drowning? Would he be eaten? Would he simply be left to fend for himself, caught in the wilderness until a Pokemon found him? Would he die by the hands of another? Would Vera maliciously tear him apart, right here and now?

Would he be the first to go?

Chevron knew Lucien was having a relapse, he's seen it before, but none have been this bad. Something was really wrong, more than what was literally dead in front of them. He went to nudge Lucien, but noticed his shivering and stopped. After letting out a pitiful low huff, he looked pleadingly at the other trainers. Someone had to be able to do something to help him!

The idea of inevitable death and sheer hopelessness kept eating away at Lucien's psyche as he stood, a shivering mess of paranoia and fear of a series of hypotheticals that could not be prevented should they start to happen. The pain he felt from being held tightly by Vera washed away, as did nearly the rest of the world in his eyes, replacing itself with utmost dread of what was to come.

It's the end...

Vera realized her tight grip on Lucien and let go, slowly pulling away from him and wiping away her tears. She gasped softly when she noticed that the boy was every bit as horrified as she was, if not moreso. Vera wondered if he was freaked out from the dead trainer lying not too far away or from her intense grip on him. Or perhaps her grip had only worsened his condition...?

Whatever the case may be, Vera decided that it was her turn to help Lucien. She took his hands and squeezed them gently once...twice...three times. She tried her best to smile up at him. "Hey..." Her voice was shaky and croaky. She cleared her throat and tried again. "Hey...Lucien, listen to me..." She moved his head so they were looking in each others' eyes. "I know you're scared...I'm scared too..."

"...So...if you want...we can be scared together..." She bit her lip and mentally scolded herself. Lucien was taller and probably insanely strong. If he wanted to, he could off her right here. This was stupid. Looking at him again though, he seemed to be as vulnerable as she felt in that moment. She had needed him, and now he needed her. They needed each other. "...My dad used to tell me that no matter what, I'd make it through..." She smiled as best she could. "So...no matter what, we'll make it through. Just trust me, ok?" She bit her lip a bit. "...We can stick together, Lucien...We'll be ok..."

Niko watched with concern as the remaining trainers around him began to drop into various states of hopelessness and despair, he could feel himself beginning to go the same way. No, not yet. He could push those feelings aside for a now, just like he would before any other Pokémon tournament, going in thinking your going to lose is the quickest way to actually lose. This was just going to be a.....very special case. As selfish as it may seem distancing himself from this group would probably be the best way to keep himself and Ronin alive, he knew he could probably trust Harper at least, her and Spirit hardly seemed like a threat honestly. The rest of these people, as much as he hated to say it, could actually be a threat. Who knows what they might do in a crazy situation like this? For now at least he would rather face the jungle than other humans. And with that he slipped away out of the closest gate without a sound and vanished into the green as if he had never been there at all.

Meanwhile in the pen the Magnezone was beginning to get agitated. Clearly it wasn't happy that some people were still in the pen beneath it and was making distressed buzzing noises to make sure they knew it. It watched as one trainer split away from the group with its three eyes, but one wasn't enough. Bolts of lightening began to fly from the creature and peppered the ground around the cluster of remaining trainers, sparks flying in every direction. Looks like it was time for everybody to venture into the jungle.

"I told you, Z's fine okay. Anyways don't make bold statements saying you won't die today, you'll only be disappointed at yourself when you're in the face of death."

"Look honey, one thing you should know about me is that when I say I'm doing something, then I am doing it, I will NOT die today." Aileen then started thinking to herself, they would need water, so maybe camping near a lake or a river would be the best idea, but others could have this idea and camp near a lake or a river as well, so that was a no go, they needed food but was hunting the right thing to do? She never killed an animal in her life. And was killing others right? That would just put them in more danger. She looked up and saw the friends she had just met the last day, Niko, Harper, Vera, they were all threats, they could kill her at any moment, and so could Z, she had to stay at guard one hundred percent at all times.

The Maganazone however started to become agitated and started to send bolts of lightning in direction of the pen, Aileen however was lost in thoughts, and a lightning was headed in her direction, she realized that when the lightning was almost hitting her, but she quickly dodged, it was at that moment that she realized, it was time to go.

"I will NOT die today!"

"Well suit yourself." Z watched as a lightning headed for Vera and to his disappointment, she dodged it. "Opal out now. Let's get out of here. Ciao!" Z headed for the Jungle as his Sableye used Protect to shield them from incoming lightning.

Z and Opal wandered around the Jungle keeping their heads low and their feet ready to run just in case. "Seem safe enough?" Z said as he pointed at the cave. "Whatever, be on alert just in case." Z and Opal headed for the cave with the Sableye ready to shoot it's Will-o-Wisp and it's trainer holding a rather thick piece of wood. As they approached the opening of the cave, a roar was heard then came out an Ursaring. "Go!" Opal used Will-o-Wisp on the Ursaring although it didn't look like it did much damage but the effect of the burn was enough. Angered by the previous attack, the Ursaring charged at the Sableye but with all his focus on Opal, Z took this opportunity to hit the Ursaring on the head. "Uh-oh." Realising that he only worsened the Ursaring's temper, he quickly jumped away from the Ursaring as it charged a Hyper Beam. "Well Fuck me."

Flashes of green and brown were all that Niko could see as he hurtled through the undergrowth as fast he could, determined to put some distance between himself and the area he had woken up in. And so he ran. And ran. And only actually came to a stop when he tripped over something at knee height, probably a root or something, and was sent sprawling in the dirt. "Bloody jungle.." He muttered as he patted some dust from his bare chest and shoulders which were now slightly grazed. Not a great start and he hadn't even met a potential enemy. It was only upon turning around that he noticed what had caused his fall, a corpse that had been completely beheaded. The head was nowhere to be seen, presumably what ever had removed it from the poor soul's body had already taken and....eaten it...Niko almost vomited at the sight of it, he hadn't even seen a corpse before let alone a headless one.

"No, no, no..." He muttered to himself in shock as he stumbled away from the gory sight and into a particularly thick cluster of trees and straight into an open cave. The air was damper and cooler here, it immediately washed against Niko's face and helped soothe him a little, a pleasant change from the humidity of the jungle. Looking back the mouth of the cave was so concealed it would probably be impossible to found unless you stumbled into it by accident like Niko. It wasn't huge, it must have barely been a metre and a half tall and it narrowed towards the back as the light faded and the walls became more gloomy, their moss colonies hidden by shadows. A small stream even ran through the place, presumably fresh water....Damn he had actually really lucked out here. A distant roar caused Niko to flinch and turn towards the jungle again. Well, relatively speaking.

Seeing the magezone start to shoot off electricity, Vera paled. Her mimikyu, Hex, popped out of his pokeball looking worried. "Hex, can you take us away from here?" The little pokemon nodded as it floated towards the two trainers and the gogoat. Vera felt a familiar twinge in her stomach as they were teleported elsewhere. ... But where exactly was 'elsewhere' was the question.

Looking around, they seemed to be in somewhat of an open clearing, which was strange compared to the rest of the jungle. There were several bushes and trees with low-hanging branches around the vicinity, and she could hear water running nearby. Turning her head, she saw a lake with a small waterfall not too far away. "So water isn't a problem...and we could use the bushes and trees for shelter..." she thought, getting a better look at the bushes. She perked up, recovering a bit from her 'doom and gloom' attitude when she saw familiar blue berries on a few bushes. "Oran berries!"

She looked around quickly. This was both good and bad. Good because they had at least some food. Bad because the area would be targeted heavily by both others and pokemon. "We'll just have to be on guard, then..." She turned to Lucien and his gogoat partner. "Ok, so Hex really helped us out here, but we need to work fast and make some kinda shelter before something goes screwy, mmkay?" Vera looked Lucien in the eyes worriedly, then slapped him across the face, Hex wincing at the sound.

"Lucien, if you don't wake up from this then we will die! I'm scared too, remember? I'm just channeling it so that I can keep us and our pokemon alive!" Hex nodded in affirmation, floating over to the gogoat and nodding towards Vera, as if to say, "Listen to her too, ya know."