• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Hidden Intent

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
"You have been sent to a hidden military base to test AI (Artificial intelligence). This wasn't regular AI, you were testing to see why the AI can't break the law. If it could OHHOHO-"
"Nicolas shut up, it's not like they can hear you then the Soul Translator has already started."
"If the AI could break the laws we would use it to enhance our CPUs and weapons. Although it's a 50/50 this will work cause we used a baby's fluctight to create the underground."
"NICK ITS ALREADY WORKING STOP YOUR MONOLOGUE!"
"Yes I can see that Jake, nice observation. I'm worried on the people we sent in though, with time being sped up thousands of times fasterthan it should be and not having there realworld memories at the moment. Hopefully they will gain info on the cardinal and administrator."
"Nick, are you done now?"
"They'll probably appear in the middle of theforest, with a set mini goal to begin. Just togive them that heads up about the game but also give them some experience."
"NOW, are you done?"
"Yeah, let's go grab lunch..."
"You said it pal."
System: Booting Up
Year: 362
Sending them into random forest...
NOW!
(Discussion Here https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-hidden-intent.20802/#post-745752)

Akuma had appeared in a random forest, very deep into the forest too. Only remembering few things such as his name, goal, and how to get into the village. Seeing as his goal was simple and could help him figure out thing he decided to start with that.
He walked aimlessly trying to see where people were. To help his case decided to speak louder and ask questions to see if anyone would respond. "Hello? Anyone here?"

"I say we leave him and keep moving. It's probably a trap or something."
"But he doesn't even have anything on him!"
"Maybe some goblins raided him and left him here, or something."
"He's not injured, so that can't be it."
"Rose, what do you think?"
"Well, if none of you are going to do anything, I'll try something."
"Clover, hold up-!"

The boy stirred as someone gently shook his shoulder. Opening his eyes, the boy found a rather young girl, no older than 13, smiling down on him. She had light blonde hair pulled back into pigtails that went down to her knees, and was wearing some sort of light armor. The girl turned to her companions.
"See! He's not dead!" She said proudly. The boy looked over at the group. There were four overall, including the blonde girl. Among the party was a person wearing a thick cloak, and bandages were wrapped tightly around all shown skin. The only thing that was showing with the bandaged man was his red left eye. Next to the bandaged man was a tall, muscular man carrying a staff. This man had a tattoo of some sort of pattern on his right cheek, and was also clothed in a cloak. The buff man was bald, and had a staff. And finally, a woman with red hair in armor was standing towards the back of the group, a sword sheathed on her belt and a shield on her back.

Blinking, the boy slowly sat up and got a look at his surroundings. He was on a hill, in the middle of a plane of grass. In the distance, he could see a forest with a road leading out of it.
"You've picked a perilous place to take a nap, friend." The muscular man said, offering the boy a hand. The teen accepted, and was pulled to his feet. He looked around in confusion. This... something was wrong? But the teen could not seem to remember. "I'm surprised that a slime or goblin didn't get you."
"So, who are you? You're pretty far from a town, that's for sure! I'm Clover!" The blonde girl said happily. "The big guy that helped you up is Roarke!"
"Hello." The muscular man said.
"Then those two are Blade and Rose!" Clover said, pointing at the bandaged man and red-haired woman respectively. She then turned to the teen excitedly. "Who are you?"

The teen looked down at the girl blankly. Who was he.... he should probably know that...
"Uh... I... uh..." The teen stammered. Clover tilted her head in confusion.
"You don't know your own name?" Clover asked.
"Blade?" Rose asked. The teen looked up to see the bandaged man holding out an arm towards the teen. The arm seemed to have some sort of aura around it, and Blade's eye was closed in concentration.
"No sign of magic. The kid's clean." Blade rasped in a grating voice. Clover looked back at the teen.
"Where are you from? Any family?" Clover asked. The teen could do nothing but to shrug helplessly. He had... no idea? "Nothing?"

"We need to get moving. Slimes." Rose said, pointing. Towards the bottom of the hill, the teen looked and could see a group of green blobs slowly advancing up the hill.
"But we can't just leave him!" Clover exclaimed, grabbing the teens arm. "Can we keep him? Pleeeeease?"
With a sigh, Rose nodded.
"Fine. He can stick with us until we make it to the next town. Let's go." Rose said, and the group began to make it's way towards the forest. Not really sure what was happening, but still feeling that something was very wrong, the teen followed along with the group.

Isak woke with a jolt. First thing he did was to freak out. "Where the hell am i? And what am i doing here? I... i should remember... but i don't. Wait, who am i!?" He thought to himself as he was hyperventilating.

After he had managed to calm down, he had figured out that he was in a forest. And he was wearing his normal clothes. How he knew it was his normal clothes was beyond him. He shrugged it off and started walking instinctively towards the city. He tried to do it as quietly as possible, also out of instinct, because he didn't know what kind of creatures were out in that forest. As he walked, he tried to remember why he was here and who he was. He had found a paper in his pocket where one name was written; "Isak". He had no idea whether that was his name or not but it was what he was gonna go with if he was asked about it.

Before he reached the end of the forest, he quickly put on a face that he somehow knew he normally made, just adding a crooked smile to his face, as if to hide his emotions for anyone who could see him. He didn't know why, it was like that was another thing he did out of instinct. He walked out of the forest and was at first blinded by the daylight. He knew he had to go that way though so he just covered his eyes with his hand until it was over. He could still feel like he should go towards something but he had walked for hours and needed a break so he sat down in the grass and rested his legs

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Ember woke up laying against a tree, no idea who she was or where she was and with a rogue of some kind searching her, she jolted upright and without thinking put the rogue in a headlock, squeezing tight, until he went limp. She took the rogue's outfit and daggers, she wasn't sure why, she just assumed she would need protection. She test threw one of the daggers into a tree with trained precision, she stared in disbelief before pulling it out and slipping it into her belt and slinking off in the direction of the village.

JPSomeone

Akuma wandered a while only to see a few different people in different directions. One person exiting the forest. Another seemingly trying to exit the forest. Then theres that one person who puts survival above everything.
Due to his very faint memory of knowing his goal he decided to go after the group of people (I mean @Captain Cardboard 's characters.) Running towards the people he saw a group of five, three guys, and 2 girls. Nothing seemed suspicious at all so he kept going. Once he got to them, he had decided to help them get to the next town but also ask about it at the same time. "Hi! My name is Akuma (I think), do you people need help getting to the next town?" He said with a stutter at some parts.

"I could drop him from here." Blade said to Rose quietly when the two noticed Akuma in the distance. Rose simply shook her head.
"No, we'll wait to see what he wants. It looks like he's unarmed, anyway." Rose said. She looked at Blade with a raised eyebrow. "Do you sense something off with him or something?"
"No. But then again, I can't sense everything." Blade replied. The nameless teen also watched as Akuma approached, and Clover perked up.
"Huh... Another unarmed lone wanderer." Roarke said.

Akuma reached the group and introduced himself, and Clover couldn't help but to smile.
"Hello! I'm Clover!" The girl said, running over to Akuma. "That's a pretty strange name you got there, Akuma-I-think!"
"No, thanks. We know our way to the next town." Rose said to Akuma. She looked him up and down and frowned, then looked suspiciously from Akuma to the nameless teen. "The woods are pretty dangerous, and even the road isn't safe. What are you doing out here?"
The unnamed teen looked at Akuma closely. He wasn't sure why, but something felt... familiar about Akuma, at least to the teen. But he just couldn't remember.

Isak looked around him to see if there was anyone there. He did see people in the distance but they were quite far away. The thought of new people made him cautious but he thought that it might be a good thing to get to know them. He decided to do his best at sneaking up on them though. He didn't want to be seen just yet so sneaking was the way to go.

He snuck from his end of the forest over to just a few feet away from the group of people, making sure to not step on anything that could make a sound. Some of them seemed wary of another person that had just approached the group. Isak climbed up in a tree to get a better look from from there. He was perfectly hidden by leaves but he could still see and hear the group perfectly. They were exchanging names. Nothing that seemed suspiscious right now but he was still worried that things could go wrong. And that's when the branch he was on made a big cracking noise and he fell to the ground right next to the group. He looked up quickly and said; "Ouch. Hi, i'm Isak" with a grin as if nothing happened.

JPSomeone

"It's just Akuma!" He said to Clover. As he thought of a response to the other lady, he finally figured out he didn't know the reason. As he picked up on that thought his mouth started moving words didn't come out. So he looked around for an answer.
Looking at the other kid directly in the eyes he could feel a presence of familiarity. Still not clear on the answer, he had a feeling the person might have an answer. "Do you know why I'm here?"

The unnamed teen looked quite startled when Akuma asked him if he knew why he was here. The unnamed teen had no idea, while Clover and Roarke gave both of the teens a confused look. Rose and Blade, however, were occupied by something else. When Isak fell from the tree, the two had quickly drawn their weapons and pointed them at him. Upon seeing the teen, Rose sighed and sheathed her sword. Blade, however, kept his knives pointed at Isak.
"Just another guy." Rose muttered.
"They could be bandits." Blade said, glancing back at Akuma and the nameless teen.
"Well, if they're bandits then they're the worst bandits I've ever scene." Rose said.

"I... uh... I don't know. I can't remember if we've met... I can't remember anything, really." The nameless teen said quietly. "Not even my name."
"Oh jeez. Amnesia?" Clover asked. The unnamed teen just shrugged, then looked over at Isak.
"Put away your knives, Blade. The kid's harmless." Rose said. Slowly, the bandaged man put away his knives but continued to look at Isak with a suspicious glare.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Ember was keeping to the shadows and moving through the trees, she spotted a group of teens and hung upside down from the tree, "Hey my name is...um..my name...is..." she then remembered the name that had been on the clothes she had woken up wearing before she had ditched them, "Ember! My name is Ember, what's going on around her and..where are we" she stared at the group, one hand going to the daggers, attached to the back of her belt, she had to be ready if she was attacked.

Isak got up. He jokingly put a hand to his chest as if he was offended.
"Me? A bad bandit? I'm offended. I'm not a bandit. I just woke up in this forest... some time ago. I have no idea how long ago. But if i was a bandit, you'd already lost all your things!" He said, still jokingly. "Okay, why did i say that? I should get them to trust me. Now they'll distrust me even more" he thought to himself
"Okay. I'm sorry. That was just a joke. I have no idea why i'm here or how i got here. But uh... my name is Isak! I think..." he said. That's when a girl emerged from a tree upside down right next to him.
"Holy shit!" He shouted. "Jeez, don't scare me like that! I don't know who you are but don't scare me like that!". He noticed she had daggers on her and motioned away from her so he'd be outside of swinging distance.

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
Nemi woke up in a forest completely unaware of where she was. “Huh? Where am I?” She thought to herself. “Okay I am dressed that’s a good sign at least” she thought as she looked around and at herself. “First thing first information. I need to find a town or a village where I can find that.. I could also need a weapon of sorts. I have no idea how I ended up here and if some dragged me out here they could still be waiting for me or I can stumble upon someone else who wants to kill me.” She thought to herself again. She looked around once more to see a branch lying on the ground. Not to thick but not to small either. She picked it up and gave it a few swings. It just felt natural to hold it and use it as a weapon. Next thing she did was move a direction to what looked like light coming through houses. When she arrives there it looked like she was in a town of sorts. She asked a few people where she was, what year it. She also found out that a few of the towns people had heard strange noises from the woods and offered some money to anyone who could figure out what that noise was. This was exactly what she needed right now money. She started moving out in to the woods with her “bo staff” as she dubbed her branch. When she came close enough she could here people talking and someone making an awful joke about if he were a bandit he would already have stolen things of them. She face palmed and walked forward to see the people talking and asked aloud “what is going on here? The town people have been hearing weird noises out here and sent me to find out what was going on here.” Nemi asked

"Weird noises? I didn't hear any. The weirdest noise i heard was the branch breaking. And i don't consider that to be much of a weird noise. Have you guys heard any weird noises? Maybe you did, weird upside-down-girl?" Isak said with a clearly fake thinking-face. He noticed this new girl was holding a stick and shot a questioning look at it.
"Oh no! The girl has a stick! She'll most definitely kill us all with it! We all need to run or we'll all die!" he said with fake fear. He seemed like he was confident but had no idea of what was going on but in reality he... had no idea of what was going on and was freaking out. But his normal reaction to trouble was to joke it all off. What was going on inside his head was a mystery even to himself at this point. He wanted to be polite and just play it cool right now and maybe scam these people off a few weapons later on. The big group there was probably the only people he could scam weapons off. Everyone else seemed to have just woken up like he did so they probably didn't have any more weapons than the one's that was shown.

At the appearance of two more people, Rose and Blade looked very, very suspicious. To them, something was very off.
"Mercinaries, huddle up." Rose called out. The four people moved a little ways away huddled together, talking quietly and looking back at the now 5 person group of strangers. The nameless teen wasn't invited into the huddle, so he looked over at the two new girls that had arrived.
"We haven't heard anything strange..." The nameless teen said to the girl with the staff. He looked over at the girl hanging upside down and approached her. "Uh... Do you need some help getting down?"

JPSomeone

Akuma not paying attention to what was happening was confused by people being huddled. "Why can't we just go to the next to town and get settled there? Maybe figure things out?" He asked. He simply stood our in the open waiting for an answer.

Clover glanced back at Akuma when he spoke up, but the mercenaries for the most part seemed to just ignore him. Seeing that, the nameless teen decided to turn his attention to Akuma.
"W... well... How close is the next town?" The nameless teen asked Akuma.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Ember flipped out of the tree and turned to Akuma, "hey that's not a bad idea, and just to clarify no one here knows what's going on or where we are." She looked to the mercenaries "except you lot, who are you guys exactly" she asked tensing up for some unknown reason, she eyes the mercenaries and before turning her head back to the group, "oh my name is Ember, for those who just got here".

"This girl is a Pokémon move. Anyway, yeah. Please show us the way to the nearest town if you know where it is. Because i sure don't" Isak said. He thought that if he got into the town, he might not have to risk it with these mercenaries and take their stuff. He could go around and take money from the villagers pockets. Something he already was experienced with. "Wait, how did i know that?" He thought to himself but shrugged it off almost immediately.

JPSomeone

Akuma simply pointed to left the of where they were. "If we take this direction we'll be there before the sunset." He said bluntly. He didn't really know how he knew the direction but this was surely helpful. Quickly he brushed off the question then started walking left. "You guys coming?"

Gonna Die. Gonna Die. Gonna Die. As Elijah crashed through branches of trees and stumbled over bushes and pebbles, one would assume he had a bear on his tail. Quite, the contrary however, nothing was chasing him. Still, the boy felt so vulnerable. Since waking up with no knowledge or familiarity of the situation he was in; he couldn't do anything but run, as if by stopping he gave the monsters, all around him, the opportunity to strike. Well, he did cry for a little bit. Sat down to scream for help, to no avail. But otherwise, he's just been running around crazily for the last hour. When his foot hooked onto a root, Eli let out a squeal and hit the ground face first. With a sniffle, the young male rubbed his head and sat upright; eyebrows furrowed in a concerned expression. He felt so helpless. He didn't know where he was or what to do. What if he starved to death? Or froze in the night? With a whimper, the boy pushed himself to his feet and sighed. His legs were sore, he couldn't run any more. Then suddenly, a near by rustle caused the boy to freeze. His body stiffened, but he couldn't convince himself to move. Slowly, something approached, only making it'self known by the occasional snap of a branch or crunch of a leaf
Then suddenly, something jumped from the greenery. It was so abrupt, it's shadow covering the sun as it attacked form above, Eli only reacting by releasing a blood-curdling scream and flinching away from the creature. Eli, who took a solid minute imaging a horrific death, soon realized he felt no pain. "I didn't mean to scare you that bad." a high pitched voice caused the boy to open his eye's only to find himself face to face with a female. She was rather small and sported a wide, child-like smile. "He-Hey, don't cry." the girl quickly said as Eli, who was all to overwhelmed, let out a slight whimper. "I promise I won't do it again. I'm sorry. I need help, see" The girl spoke fast, her words almost jumbling together as she took a step back and smiled. "What's your name?" the girl asked, which caught Elijah off guard. What was his name? Should he make something up? The boy just gave a sort of bashful shrug, causing the girl's grin to grow even large. "You lost your memory too, huh?" the female cheered to herself, jumping up and down and nodding.
The pair paused as the sound of nearby talking grew louder. Kit smiled to herself, before looking back at Eli. "Come on scaredy cat!" The girl gestured as she grabbed his wrist and dragged him towards the crowd. Eli protested and sunk his heels into the ground, but was no match form the females surprising strength. The pair burst through the bushes suddenly, Kit pushing Eli towards the crowd of people who seemed to be going somewhere. Eli, instinctively, covered his face in a defensive stance and closed his eye tightly- expected these faces to be the last he would ever see. But Kit's voice behind him assured the boy that he was very well alive, "Are you a mummy?" the first thing Kit asked caused Eli to whimper as the girl pointed at Blade- though Kit was soon distracted when her eyes fell upon Roarke "And a wizard too!" Kit gasped.

"Alight." Rose said, finally breaking the huddle that the four mercenaries had been in. The four turned to face the group of teens, but right as Rose was about to speak two more kids suddenly appeared from the bushes! Blade and Roarke looked visibly surprised at the girl's questions, but the boy looked quite nervous.
"What in the name of all that is good is going on?" Blade snarled. He turned and glared at Kit and Eli. "I'm an assassin. An assassin!"
"This is really weird..." Clover said. Roarke gave Kit and Eli a confused smile as he put his hand on Blade's shoulder.
"You must forgive my friend. He's not used to random unarmed teens suddenly emerging out of the woods." Roarke said. Blade nudged Roarke's hand off of him and turned away, throwing up his arms.
"It's like they're just appearing out of thin air or something!" Blade exclaimed.

"Listen up, everyone." Rose said, trying to regain a sense of order. "As our new friend here said, it's quite a walk to the nearest town. And unfortunately for most of you, there's been rumors of Kobold gangs running around this stretch of woods. I have no clue how so many of you managed to make it all the way out here with practically no weapons, armor, or items and not have been killed, but if you're going to make it back to town unharmed you're going to need some help. So my group and I will escort you all back to town. Understand?"

The unnamed teen nodded, glancing over at the two new people that showed up. That brought up the total to 7 strangers that looked quite out of place here, including himself. The new girl looked rather confident and fearless, while the boy looked like he was shaking in his boots.

Isak put his hands in his pockets. What the mercenary said about them making it into the woods without gear bothered him.
"What if... we didn't make it into the woods...?" He said without thinking. It took a second before he realized what that would mean; that they just magically appeared in the forest. And that would just not make sense. And yet, there was that feeling that he was on to something. But it couldn't be true so he just smiled and joked it off.
"Just kidding with you all. That's just a crazy thought" he said, grinning. But if you looked closely into his eyes you could see the doubt inside them

At the word Assassin, Kit's face lit up with excitement while Eli's soul seemed to have left his body. Why was he the only one not comfortable with traveling with an assassin? Appearing out of thin air. It did seem that way. Kit looked around at the group of other young people, were they all like her? It didn't make sense. Where exactly were they anyhow? Although the girl's memory was foggy, something told her that roaming assassins were not exactly a common thing in her place of origin.
"I have a question!" Kit exclaimed to the group, as if she had to announce it. Eli looked back with a worried expression, she would get them killed for sure. The boy sort of slunk to the back of the crowd and crossed his arms nervously, eyes flickering between each person. "And who exactly are you all supposed to be?" the girl asked as her eyes grew wide and expectant for an answer. She stood on her tiptoes and rocked back and forth, adding "Why are you going to the next town, anyways? Do you have stuff to do there? Are you just gonna leave us?" Kit's questions began to stack on top of one another as she barely gave time to answer between them. Stopped in her tracks, the young female's eyes fell open Rose's large sword. "Whoa! Sweet! Where can I get one?" Kit gasped as she walked up and squatted next to the girls thigh, attempting to get a better look at the sheathed weapon.
When another boy began speaking, Kit and Eli's eyes turned towards him. The girl smiled widely, "I like crazy! Besides, we better make up something stupid now. People might not believe that we're just popping up like dandelions." Kit added. Elijah blinked at Isak, he furrowed his brows and gulped. Why didn't it make sense? Why couldn't it just be simple? With a sigh, Eli dropped his gaze to the floor.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Ember was leaning against the tree, "god this is so confusing, so what, none of us know how we got here and we're just gonna go to the village and do what?"she sighed pulling out one of the dagger she had stolen off the rogue earlier, she spun it between her fingers and round her hand with skill, "oh and does anyone else seem to be able to do things, but not know why?" she asked the group glancing around.

Rose looked down at Kit, then rolled her eyes and gently pushed the girl's head away from her with an exasperated sigh. Clover approached Kit with a smile. The young girl seemed to be excited by the amount of energy Kit had.
"Who we are is easy! I'm Clover, and the grumpy lady is Rose. The grumpy mummy guy is Blade, and the wizard is Roarke!" Clover said.
"I'm not a mummy!" Blade exclaimed.
"Clover, you shouldn't spread misinformation like that." Roarke said, laughing sheepishly. Clover shrugged, then turned back to Kit.
"We're just passing through, to be honest." Clover said. "We're on our way to a large meeting with a bunch of mercenary guilds in Highfall. Redford's just a stop on the way. But the real question is, what are you all doing out here? Do you all know each other or something?"

"Let's get moving. Blade, Roarke, you two take up the rear." Rose directed. "Clover, you'll be up with me in the front."
With that, Rose started to make her way down the road. Blade and Roarke went to the back of the group, and the unnamed teen approached Ember.
"So... you don't know how you got here either?" The unnamed teen asked, watching her twirl the knives. "I don't really know what I'm able to do. I haven't been here long... Do you remember anything?"
The unnamed teen looked kinda hopeful. Maybe she knew something, but if she didn't then it would be another person in the same boat he was in.

"I don't know if i know anyone here. I don't think so atleast. But uh... shouldn't we start going? Which way are we supposed to go?" Isak said, getting a little annoyed that they were just standing around talking to each other. He needed to know why he was here and how he could survive.
"When i get to the village i'm gonna do whatever i can to survive around here. Like getting money to buy food and stuff. Cause that's important" he said partly to himself