• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Darkening Dark 2.0 (Kirby RP)

(If you want to join, the OC thread is here. There are two spots still open. People that con post on this IC thread (not including me) are @Mr Fishykarp, @Fraseandchico, @StevenUniverseDiamond, and @Manu456Alola.)

"Gentlemen, we must discuss the matter at hand. Please pay attention! Now, how can we restore the fading light to this land? Yes, you have an idea?"

"We could make a giiiant lightbulb and throw it into the sky!"

"No. That's not possible."

"Well, it was worth a suggestion, if I do say so myself!"

The conversation in the castle went on like this for a very long time. Blue puffball trying to keep order, Southern-accented penguin being a tad too imaginative, masked warrior telling him so. The others didn't talk very much, mainly because they thought this sight was amusing, but they really wanted to solve the problem that was upon them. The castle, located in a small town consisting of only two shops and an apartment complex, stood tall in the limited light that shone from the sky. Many large monsters, including a couple dragons, an octopus, and a... squash magician?... occupied its dining room, talking about a rather strange occurrence: the disappearance of natural light. As of right now, the light was only dim- it was still easy to see, but not as easy as it had been mere days before.

"Well, what if we made a giiiant fireball and hurled it into the air?" suggested the Southern penguin, plate in front of him empty.

"Again," started the masked warrior, "impossible."

"A better idea would be finding the source of the light loss," said the green dragon, eyeing the penguin, annoyed.

The blue puffball slammed his hands on the table, plate bouncing, eyes wide, before pointing at the dragon with a tiny stub-of-a-hand. "Excellent idea, Fangora! Absolutely brilliant! But who would go? We wouldn't, I'm sure?"

"I'm sure we could find someone," the octopus chimed in.

"Well, I for one know of someone who I'm sure would lend us a hand!" said the squash magician, a wicked grin spread across his face.

"Do you?" asked Prince Fluff to Squashini. "Well, then I know just what we can do! Why don't we all choose a person or two to help find the culprit responsible and send them a letter asking them to come here tonight to discuss the matter and form a plan?"

"I'm in. I know who my letter is going to be sent to," assured Capamari, thoughtfully.

"Same with me! I can just picture our savior from Snow Land now!" added King Dedede, smiling widely.

"Good. I will write the letters and call you all back here once they are done. Does that work with you all?" asked Prince Fluff.

The rulers of the lands all nodded in agreement before Prince Fluff dismissed them all from the room and the castle. Quickly, he collected a feather pen, some ink, and many pieces of paper, and began to write all the letters, unsure to whom they were going. Once they were all completed, he recalled the generals, handed them the letters, and sent them on their merry way, knowing that they were putting the faith of the land's light in the hands of a group he did not know. This made him think back to his personal friend, a puffball much like himself named Kirby, who helped him a long time ago rid this place of an evil sorcerer. The thought made him mentally reassure himself of his choice, and he spent the rest of the day thinking of whom he might choose to send his letter to.

~~~~~

"Where's the sun been, huh?" asked a voice to nobody in particular, shades-covered eyes squinting into the dim air. From atop a sugar-coated mountain sat a ghost, who glowed in the lacking light. "Ugh! And I bet Ravi will still make me stay inside!" Wrinkling the spot on her face where her nose would be, if she had one, the Cool Spook was ripped from her complaining when a voice called out to her.

"'Ay, Sahara, there's a letta 'ere fo' youe! It seems impotant!" cried an accented voice from the manor she sat outside of.

Huffing, the girl instantly recognized the voice as that of her brother's best friend and fellow Stogue, and hesitantly turned to look to him, although she was genuinely interested in the letter and its contents. "It's Zahra," she mumbled under her breath, floating over to one of the castle's many windows, where the Stogue looked down on her. "Gimme that, Landon! Keep your grubby mitts off my letter, will ya!?" Snatching the letter from the other ghost's grasp, Zahra easily tore it open and ignored the disappearance of her company as she pulled a paper out of the envelope and scanned it over, shutter shades propped on her forehead as she did so.

Citizen,

As you may have noticed, this land of patches has begun to grow unimaginably dark. We, the counselors of the Brotherhood, have come to a conclusion on how to solve this matter. We will each choose someone who will aid us with this task. If you are receiving this letter, that means you are one of the seven chosen ones. For more information about the problem at hand, come to Patch Castle tonight after dinnertime to discuss the matter with the other chosen ones and us, the Brotherhood. Please make whatever necessary adjustments to your schedule to be sure you attend.

Sincerely

Prince Fluff
Head of the Brotherhood

Pitch-black eyes wide, Zahra ended up reading and re-reading the letter once, twice, thrice, in order to make sure this letter was a legitimate letter from Prince Fluff himself. "They want me to help them!?" she asked nobody, quietly, re-folding the letter and placing it back into the envelope. "Wow... Well, the good news is that there's nothing I need to clear away to make it to this meeting, I guess..." As mean and selfish as the Cool Spook first came off as to others, she really did want to make an impact on others' lives, and this was the perfect way to do it. Also, she looked up to the Brotherhood, admired their work in keeping Patch Land sociable and friendly, and had to admit that she had a soft spot for a certain masked warrior. The others didn't seem to stick out as much to her. Well, except for the king of Snow Land, but not in a good way. He was just about as annoying as Ravi was!

That night, after a dinner of microwaved instant noodles was consumed, Zahra headed out the door, not telling anyone where she was going. But, if anyone was to question her absence, they could always turn to the note she left on the inside of the front door, which read:

I'm off to do some good. Bye!

Floating her way through the lands of Water, Snow, and Space, since she had decided to see if any other chosen characters would show up to her, Zahra did not waste her time in getting to the castle. Although she had taken the long way around, she still wanted to arrive at a reasonable time, so she sped through the lands almost as quickly as she could, a pulse in her chest that acted like her heart thumping rapidly as she went.

Last edited:
Undye Was Training.
She Hated Being Interrupted UNLESS It Was Important, Her Comrade, Joey, Had Given Her A Letter, Giving Her Fright(HE SNUCK UP BEHIND HER!),And Almost Made Her Loop His head Off, After Being Explained That The Letter Was Linked To The Missing light, She, Hesitantly, Opened it, It Said
Citizen,

As you may have noticed, this land of patches has begun to grow unimaginably dark. We, the counsellors of the Brotherhood, have come to a conclusion on how to solve this matter. We will each choose someone who will aid us with this task. If you are receiving this letter, that means you are one of the seven chosen ones. For more information about the problem at hand, come to Patch Castle tonight after dinnertime to discuss the matter with the other chosen ones and us, the Brotherhood. Please make whatever necessary adjustments to your schedule to be sure you attend.

Sincerely

Prince Fluff
Head of the Brotherhood

After Reading It, Undye Almost Fainted, She Said
"OMGOMGOMG! This Is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cool! Please Say This Isn't A Prank!"
"its Not A Prank, Undye." Joey Replied, To Which Undye Said
"I Have To Go This! I'm off To Get My Stuff Ready, Since I Am The Leader, Joey, While I Am Away, You Are In Charge!"

Zool was picking up Snow. He was getting smaller, and he needed more snow. As the Chilly picked up snow, he stuffed a letter inside him. "Wait, what's this?" He asked himself. He took the letter. This is what it read:

Citizen,

As you may have noticed, this land of patches has begun to grow unimaginably dark. We, the counselors of the Brotherhood, have come to a conclusion on how to solve this matter. We will each choose someone who will aid us with this task. If you are receiving this letter, that means you are one of the seven chosen ones. For more information about the problem at hand, come to Patch Castle tonight after dinnertime to discuss the matter with the other chosen ones and us, the Brotherhood. Please make whatever necessary adjustments to your schedule to be sure you attend.

Sincerely

Prince Fluff
Head of the Brotherhood

"Wha-?! Prince Fluff wants ME too help? I can barely remember to fill myself with snow! I think I should get to Patch Castle after dinner if I leave now," Zool said. He raced towards the direction of Patch Castle.

Wally D, resident of Quilty Square, was buying some items for his apartment. "Hmm..." he said "I need a rug... maybe some wallpaper" Then one item caught his eye "Is that?" he asked the shopkeeper "A Waddle Dee doll?" Wally quickly bought the doll and brought everything he got to his apartment. When he checked his mailbox he got a letter. As he opened it he wondered who it might me from. Maybe his brothers in dream land? or his old boss King Dedede wanting him back?

Citizen,

Sincerely

Prince Fluff
Head of the Brotherhood

"This must be a mistake!" said Wally to himself "Me? Help them?". He quickly ran into his apartment and dropped off his shopping. Then he reread the envelope to make sure that it was addressed to him. Once he was sure that it was addressed to him, he began preparing for the meeting. He had around half an hour until dinnertime, and he was wanted just after then. He had dinner early and then made sure he looked the best that he could. There were five minutes left until he was meant to arrive. He decided to not risk anything and blew up a balloon and tied it to himself. He flew towards patch castle and landed right at the entrance

Zool had finally arrived at the castle. He looked at the doors looming overhead. "They're so big!" Zool squeaked. He looked to his side. He saw a Waddle Dee. "And when did Waddle Dees get so big!?" Zool exclaimed. Zool had shrunk because of his lack of snow. "Wait... I'm low on snow! Great!" Zool cried out. He (Slowly) walked over to the store. He came out with snow. Zool dumped it all over him. Zool walked over to the Waddle Dee. "Hey! I'm Zool! What's your name? And what brings you to the castle. I got a letter saying that I was a chosen one!" Zool said.

Undye Finally Arrived, She had To Swim To make It, Due To Her Style, She Got Up, And Checked what She Had Brought, Her Weapon, A Sword, And A Few Provisions, She Started Towards The Castle, She Was Interested in WHY The Brotherhood had Chosen Her, She Muttered
"I Wonder Why I Was Chosen? Oh! There's Someone!" She Had Seen A Chilly And A Waddle Dee. She Walked Up To them, And Asked "Hiya! You Two Got The Letters To? Or Are You Here For Another Reason?"

"Uh-huh!" Zool exclaimed. "I'm Zool, nice too meet you!" Zool tried to tip his hat, but dropped it in the process. "Oops.." Zool mumbled. He picked it back up. Zool put it on his head. He chuckled. "I don't I was even chosen. I just found this letter out in the snow..." Zool muttered. "Well, it WAS in front of my house. And I have no mailbox," Zool said, looking down.

"Uh, Okay. My Name's Undye, Leader Of the Sword Soldiers Of Water land." Undye Said, A Large Grin On her Face, She Thought This Chilly was Kinda Funny, She Turned To The Waddle Dee, And Asked "So What's Your name, Then?"

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Flare was gathering rocks for a shelter, when he saw a letter stuck in one of them. "What's this?" He asked to himself, and opened it. Then he read it, noticing it was important.

Citizen,
As you may have noticed, this land of patches has begun to grow unimaginably dark. We, the counselors of the Brotherhood, have come to a conclusion on how to solve this matter. We will each choose someone who will aid us with this task. If you are receiving this letter, that means you are one of the seven chosen ones. For more information about the problem at hand, come to Patch Castle tonight after dinner time to discuss the matter with the other chosen ones and us, the Brotherhood. Please make whatever necessary adjustments to your schedule to be sure you attend.

Sincerely

Prince Fluff
Head of the Brotherhood

Flare looked amazed at the letter. "They want me to help?! Oh, boy... what time is it?" He said, looking at the watch he had in his wrist. "I'm late!" He said, and ran quickly to Patch Castle.

A while later, Flare finally arrived at Patch Castle, and saw the other chosen ones talking. "Heya! Are you here for those letters too?" He asked, stopping in front of them. "The name's Flare." He said kindly.

Last edited:
Zahra's trip had taken longer than she liked, and she paused as she entered Patch Castle so she could get a good view of its entire exterior. A few others could be seen, but the Cool Spook had to squint in order to see anything except for colorful blobs behind her shutter shades, since she was so far away. Those must be the others who were chosen to help the Brotherhood, she concluded, floating up to the castle's entrance with ease. The group was smaller than she expected it to be, but Zahra didn't ask about this- merely, she floated a few inches above the ground, waiting for the doors to open and their mission to be explained.

A Hot Head seemed to be introducing himself to the others, so the Cool Spook's sheet folded up in a smile as she replied to his question. "My name's Zahra. I'm assuming you're all here because you got one of these?" She held up the envelope that held her letter for the others to see, continuing. "I don't see why they had to choose their representatives like this- or why they had to choose representatives at all- but I'm one of them, I guess. Well, I suppose this mission is pretty risky, too... maybe they know we'll be alright or something? I'm rambling, aren't I? Sorry." Zahra stopped herself from talking any more than she already had, putting her letter back under her sheet once the others got a good look at it and turning to look at the large front doors for a moment.

"Nice to meet you, Zhara!" Cool exclaimed. I'm Zool! Nice to meet ya!" Zool realized what he did. "And, I said nice to meet you twice..." Zool was slipping away from the Hot Head because he didn't have the greatest confrontations with them.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
"Heya!" Flare said to the Cool Spook floating above them. "I'm Flare. Nice to meet ya!" He said, and then glared at the castle. "I'm kinda nervous about this mision... I don't even know if I'm exactly one of these chosen ones, but I'll do my best." Flare said.

Zool gave the Hot Head a thumbs up. He was about 5 or six feet away from him now. "It's gonna be fine!" Zool exclaimed. It seemed as he was sweating. In reality, he was melting.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
"Yeah, you're right." He said, while taking a step away, not wanting to make the Chilly melt. "I wonder when we're going in..." Flare thought.

Zool nodded Flare a thank you. Drops of water rushed down the Chilly's face and body. "At this rate, I'll be a puddle, bucket, and buttons by the time we go in," Zool muttered. His voice was getting sqeakier and harder to hear. His hat fell off and on the the ground. Zool was standing in a puddle.