• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

~The Boundary~ aka RX's Sprite Thread

BBHazamaAnifull.gif

Welcome to the Boundary. My name is Hazama; and this is a little slice of the forum RX has deigned to loan to me so that I can show you guys his shitty pieces of Spritework. Ah...I suppose I'm one myself. Pay no heed to that flashing shadow, it's nothing, I assure you. So, while you're touring the premises, I should make it clear that sprite theft of any sort will not be tolerated. Fail to comply and you'll earn yourself a knife in the gut from yours truly. Now then...

BBRagnaBloodedge.png
BBCarlAda.png
BBTaokaka.png
BBArakune.png

Ehhhhh?! How the hell did these losers get here?! Pfft, there just gonna ruin this thread with all their stupid whining. Who are they you ask? Bah, just some pricks from my side of the Boundary. That guy there on the left most is little Rags, Ragna the Bloodedge to most people. He looks all tough with that sword of his, but he's just a whiny little brat with a sister complex, I tell you. Speaking of sister complexes, thare's that brat vigilante that's following him around. Carl Clover and his...sister? Give me a break. That piece of junk is nothing but a weapon: Nox Nyctores Kishin:Nirvana. Now then, who else do we have here? Some freaking cat?! Pfft, to think this Taokaka kid is supposed to be a pretty good fighter. Yeah right. And last and least of all, the pitiful black sludge everyone in town's calling Arakune. Pay it no heed, it's bound to get thrown in the garbage sooner or later.

Blues.png

H-Hazama-san, don't you think you're being a little mean to the people from your own world? Oh? Hello there! My name's Bluez I'm sure you've heard of me. I'm a Buizel belonging to RX...in a manner of speaking anyway. I might not look like much, really. Save for my hat. I quite like my hat, you know. Rx made it for me.

Hazama: Oh shut yer trap, you little weasel...thing. Wait, you Pokemon normally shouldn't talk.
Bluez: I'm typing, so it's different. Also, RX is helping me.
Hazama: Fine, whatever.

Deuchina.png

Bluez: A-anyway, here's a sprite I'd really like to show here. It's a Pokemon RX designed for a contest by AmethystDragon. I think it's called...Deuchina! Right, that's what its name was! It's really cool how RX managed to make this sprite from scratch.

Ravenbust.png

Bluez: Ah! And speaking of sprites from scratch, here's a nice lady from the Arpein region, RX's own fanmade Pokemon region. Hmmm, I wonder if there are Buizels living in that place, too? Anyway, from what RX told me, she's a gym leader. Her name is Raven and she likes training Dark Type Pokemon. Dark types are the kind like Saya, right?

Hazama: I've had enough of this. Time for some real fun...
Bluez: E-eh?!
Hazama: Now...Murakamo...Activate!
Bluez: W-what's gonna happen?!
Hazama: This whole world is nothing; nothing but lies! That's why I'm gonna show you all a little something I like to call the truth! A truth called 'despair!' In the name of Susano'o, I command you Murakamo...AWAKEN! Behold the sword of the God-slayer, KUSANAGI! Let all lies fall before your divine blade!

Mew12.png

Hazama: Nyahahahahahaha! It may not be the true succesor, but it'll do!
Bluez: A Mewtwo?!
Hazama: Correction, a Mew-rakamo unit! Fused with the power hidden in the 12th experimental unit, they have formed into a new, unstoppable weapon. Smite everything in your path, Mew-12!!

*Punts Mew-12 out of the way* Glad to see all your sprites again RX/Bluez/Hazama! I like the animated sprite, and the satellite pokemon looks like a real pokemon sprite. Your sprites are amazing! Keep up the good work. *Grabs Mew-12 and starts using it as a punching bag.*

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
you're sprites are fantastic I adore Raven the way she's done is stunning. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hazama: Well, thanks for the entertainment there, kid. That was a pretty good warm-up there. But there's no stopping the truth!
Bluez: ...

NM001.png
NM004.png
NM007.png

Bluez: Ah.....?! W-what are those things? Are they Pokemon? No, something feels different about them...

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
... what on Earth, RX? D:

Those... things are giving me the creeps. Like, seriously.

Also, I swear you took the dialogue idea from Snaps or something.

And I'm still jealous of your spriting skeelz. Because they be so beastly~

RX you're such a good spriter! I really like the nightmare ones, they're nifty :3

I really, really like the smoke monster thing on the Charmander. It's a nifty idea, and you pull it off so well ^^

and Mew 12 made me laugh my pants off.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Egads man, these are amazing. The character sprites are very nicely done, and I can only pick out very few things that you used as a basis for them. They're very nicely put together and I applaud you on them.

Bluez's little hat is awesome and oh so adorable. :3

That scratched sprite amazes me every single time that I see it. It's so intricate and well sprited. It's just beyond my comprehension.

The demonic Kanto starters look frelling awesome as well, and they remind me of something out of Nightmare Before Christmas. :3

Can't wait to see what you sprite next.

NM010-1.png
NM013.png
NM016.png
NM019-1.png

Bluez: Aah..! There's more of them now! What's going on... My attacks are working, but their not Super Effective or anything...
Hazama: You Pokemon deal more damage on types weak to you right? Hmmm...in that case these creatures must be of a different Type altogether...
Bluez: Eh?!

Yay! Zombie Types! Glad to see more sprites Hazama/Bluez/RX! *Claps giddily about more pokemon to beat up*

NM021.png
NM023.png
NM025.png

Hazama: ....you know...
Bluez: ...?
Hazama: These things don't give off much of a presence, do they?
Bluez: ....Now that you mention it, they don't.
Hazama: I don't think they're Pokeymans at all.
Bluez: But if that's the case, what are they?
Hazama: hmmm...If they're not from your world, and they are certainly as hell not from mine...
Bluez: Could they be from the Boundary? Ahhhhhh, what's going on?! This is a complete Nightmare...
Hazama: Heh, that's a pretty good term for these things. Nightmare Pokemon. Tsk...for now we should figure out how to get rid of these rejects. They're totally cramping my style.

I really like your sprites RX :>

The Arakune thing is vurreh interesting with its blobbiness and whatnot. If it does get thrown in the garbage I call dibs on it ♥

The Nightmare Pokemon are my faaaavorite things in here. Even if they are terrible scary monsters, I still lurve them. I like the three starters, Rattata, Ekans and Weedle the most ♥

I'm very curious to see what other nightmare Pokemon there will be :}

Well, looks like I'm not sleeping tonight. Those Nightmare Pokemons scare me. Although, I like them and more to see would be nice... Keep it up! *Noms the Nightmare Pikachu.*

Those Zombie Pokemon are fabulous. Keep up the good work, I'll be back to see your profress soon. :)

HZ003.png

Hazama: Well, that's interesting. It seems like these...whaddya call them...Charmsians? They seem pretty interested in these crappy rejects. Personally, I don't mind them, but I don't think they'd make good little tools.

BL001.png
Bluez: Tools? Eh? B-but isn't it dangerous to keep these things around? I'm not really one to fight, but we should really learn more about these things before we let them run around Pokecharms.

HZ003.png

Hazama: Hnnnn...look at that, someone's asking for a favor. I wonder what it could be?

BL001.png

Bluez: Huh? Oh....Um, well, RX told me that he wasn't really planning on taking requests. But lemme ask him later, he might be willing to do something for you guys. What requests did you have in mind? Please tell me and I can ask him right away about it.

NOTE: Hazama is a sprite rip from Blazblue c/o ARC System Works. RX takes no credit for the sprite and is used solely for entertainment purposes. Bluez is c/o RX

Bluez is really nice, RX. Although there is no way you took the pixel tool and did that, it's still good spritework nonetheless.

(@ZoroArK RX isn't taking requests right now. Which he said. >>;)

Database2.gif
Tangrow.gif

ZA WEERU OF FATE IS TURNING

REEBERU ONE

ACTION!​

I take no credit for these sprites. All I did was recolor them and string the frames together into an animation. So why is this here? Because it was a tedious job and I made a lot of effort doing it >:0 That and it was a fun concept in my head~ Database and Tangrow/Tenshi Hinanai as λ-11 and Taokaka from Blazblue:Continuum Shift. Yes, I know Petey is a dude but still >:0

Wow,all i can say is wow! The best sprites ive seen in a while Robo (not that you've done bad sprites) I'm very impressed! those animations should be an a video game! Anyways keep up the good work!
:D
-Pokecomic

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
Oh my God those aminations kick some serious ass robo ky! they are so well put together and they are just so brilliant! ;D

@the two posts above me: RX-chansirmanpersonthing clearly stated that he didn't sprite the individual frames, 'kay~? (Not to sound rude D: )

The Nightmare PokeMon look so cool and scary at the same time~ They remind me of the Undead from LoZ~ :3

The colours on the two latest creations are really niiiice~ 'Specially the second one. That colourscheme makes me squeeeee so muuuchhhctkifhkjjg589h ♥

All round, your sprites are so gooood and I envy your works. srsface. >:|

It's not enough to look at the artz, dudes. You have to read the details as well; just saying. Still, the comments are much appreciated, even if I only deserve a little of it for all the work I did with the sprites xD.

Jenova2.gif
KatiePaletteSwap.gif

REEBERU TWO
ACTION!​

Even more custom recolors, even more tedious animations :0 This time it's Jenova and Linkachu as Rachel Alucard and Tsubaki Yayoi. The kitty, it's a trap btw >:0

RX I'm loving these recolors, they're so awesome, especially the fact that you are taking inspiration from Charms members for the colorization that you are using. I also like the fact that you're willing to do the tedious recoloring AND go so far as to make them full on animations.

*huggles* :'D

I'm with Chad on this one~! You can really tell who the different people represent by their colour schemes~ :3 Which, might I add, are very well thought-out~! I especially like the Link-esque colours on Tsubaki and the Tangrowth colours on Taokaka~! ♥

I wouldn't have the patience to recolour each individual frame and string them together like so ; u ; I salute to you, mister RX~! :3

Those Zombiemahns look like they could appear in Nightmare Before Christmas O.O; The Pikachu was awesome. Kinda reminds me of a Kingdom hearts Heartless...

Hazama, Bluez and Database are runner-ups for most win. I swear I'm going to steal Bluez's hat some day.

LIES D:<

I mean, oh joy your project thingie :'D How lovely it must be :> And you better go through with it or I'll remove your elbows from their elbows, RX D:< Or not. Not my problem.

Anywho, the eye shield sigil thingie looks very well done~! The symmetry of the thing draws attention to the focus of the eye, letting it pop out a bit in such a lovely manner ♥ I just noticed how the shield has one half in a lighter color and the other in a darker shade, which makes it look a bit more pupping outwards ♥ The gold rings on the side make it lovingly complete :>

Hoohoo, do your best with it then :>

SOMETHING IS COMING....FOR REALS THIS TIME.

FOR REALS!?

Yaaaaaay~ But yeah, in all seriousness RX you've done a really good job on the Blazblue animated recolours, RX. Considering you recoloured each slide and animated them, I'm very impressed. Aaaalsoo, the symbol you've done looks really cool~ The gradient like shadings really make the whole sprite stand out and jump out of the screen. Can't wait to see the rest of this project of yours! Keep on spriting bro! :3 (Also if you haven't figured it out yet I'm Toru xD)