• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Arena (Redo)

Helloooooo!!
So, this is a remake of my (extremely) old roleplay.
So, yeah, with that in mind, let's go!
You will need to fill this character form out.
Full name:
Your six pokemon:
Appearance (not really important, and optional):
Age (um, try to keep it within 12-17):

Here's mine:

Name: Kayenne Ross
City you were last in: Snowbelle city (*Flashback to when I thought that Unova was a city* *Shudders* That was a really long time ago.)
Your pokemon (At least four, at most 7. And, yes, I know that you're strictly speaking only supposed to have 6 with you at the same time, but I changed it a little. Sorry.): Glaceon, Alolan Vulpix, Fennekin, Altaria, Aurorus
Personality: Kayenne is a loyal person who would never betray her friends. She is very honest about everything and tries not to lie, which sometimes makes her seem rude. She dislikes all things girly and is very creative, which leads to her imagining or thinking about crazy things all the time.
Appearance (not really important, and optional): Green eyes, curly waist-length brown hair, baggy white jumper, sports shoes, dark green backpack (Yes, her design's changed, and I now have multiple OC's instead of just a slightly different Kayenne all the time.)
Age (Try to keep it within 10-17): 12
Ability (unknown): Mind reading
---

So you're a Pokemon trainer. One day, you fall asleep, and when you wake up, you're in a small, dark room with seven other trainers and no idea how you got there. There is a message scrawled on the wall, saying that the trainers in this room are contestants in some sort of death game (well, more of a survival contest), and you (and the other trainers) were picked because of their special abilities, which is strange but kind of sad at the same time, considering that you no longer know what that ability is. However, the moment someone remembers what their talent is, then they can immediately use it again.
The first challenge is to get out of the room, into the forest the room is located in.
The game starts now!
---
Rules:
1. This is a SURVIVAL game. Not a killing game like Danganronpa. Survival. Teamwork. That kind of stuff. Not killing.
2. No extremely graphic violence. I'm fine with it, but some people may not be.
3. Your character might die. Just bear that in mind.
4. You can use your pokemon.
5. Well, just have fun. Also, no OP abilities. Please.

---
Kayenne woke up on the floor, facing the ceiling. Wait, what? She clearly hadn't fallen asleep on the floor the night before. She sat up, examining her surroundings. Holy cow. There were seven other people on the floor near her, which she assumed to be trainers as well. She walked over to the nearest trainer and tried to wake them by shaking them and yelling in their ear, which seemed quite effective.

Full name: Lucy Jackson
City you were last in: Vaniville Town
Your six pokemon: Braixen (Outside PokeBall), Eevee (Outside PokeBall), Ninetales, Arcanine, Mightyena, Absol
Appearance: Black long straight hair, black T-shirt, white shorts, silver sneakers, red shoulder bag
Ability (unknown): Can transform into animal

Lucy was sleeping on a floor in a dark room when someone shook her and yelled in her ear. "OWWW! I'm awake! I'm awake! W-where are we?" Lucy looked at her Braixen and Eevee who woke up when Lucy screamed. "Braixen, Eevee are you okay?" Lucy asked her Pokemon
"Xen?" Braixen nodded uncertainetly
"Vee." Eevee nodded and looked at Lucy with fear in her eyes
Soon realized that she is not alone in the dark room. There were few trainers who were sleeping and one who was awake. "Oh...hi?" Lucy said to trainer who woke her up.

"Umm...hi. Sorry for screaming in your ear. I thought you were dead. I'm sorry. So, uh, hi. My name is Kayenne Ross. Nice to meet you." She awkwardly extended her right arm. "Uh, are you supposed to use your left arm or right arm? I'm confused. Sorry." She grinned slightly.

"Uhm...hi...I'm...I'm...Braixen,Eevee, what's my name?" Lucy looked at her Pokemon confusedly."Braixen pulled her stick from her tail and wrote Lucy's name on the ground.
"Oh, yeah...I'm Lucy." Lucy said and extended her left arm. "Nice to meet you too."

“Oh. Okay. It's the left arm. Sorry." She shook Lucy's hand. "So, um, do we wake everyone else up using the same method I used? I mean, it seemed pretty effective, but it could startle them a bit. Should we?"

Full name: Melissa Villegas
City you were last in: Pallet town
Your six pokemon: Charizard, espeon, lucario, pikachu, dragonite, buneary
Appearance (not really important, and optional): A girl in a dark purple cloak covering her face and the rest of her body.
Age (um, try to keep it within 12-17): 15
Ability: Able to understand pokemon

Melissa lay on the floor and started to make up from her deep sleep. "Uhh... What happened?" She blinked her eyes open and stood up. She put the hood of her cloak back on over her head and looked at the other trainers in the room. "Ugh." She rubbed her head.

Last edited:
Full name: Fox Mason
City you were last in: Viridian City, Kanto Region
Your six pokemon: Water Hazard the Blastoise, Mirage the Umbreon, Draak the Noivern, Sledge the Golem, Juno the Nidoqueen
Appearance (not really important, and optional): Tall (6'0"), dark-skinned with brown eyes. Short, jet-black hair. Black tank-top under a white track jacket, with dark blue jeans and black tennis shoes.
Age (um, try to keep it within 12-17): 15
Ability: Quick thinking. (Not really a 'special ability,' but it's close enough.)

Fox's eyes - finally - fluttered open. He groaned, as he pushed himself off the floor. "Ugh, Arceus, how the heck did I end up here?" Fox muttered, as he felt around his belt for his Pokeballs. They were there. Good. He grabbed Juno's Pokeball and held it in his hand. He then took a quick survey around the room. Several other people. Three were awake, and three others were still unconscious. The three awake were all girls, he also noted. Two of them looked around his age, the other a bit younger. "Hey. Any of you know why we're here?"

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Full name: Manuel Stone
City you were last in: Snowbelle town.
Pokemon: Alolan Raichu, Incineroar, Serperior, Pidgeot, Greninja.
Appearance: Short, Wears a blue shirt, covered by a black jacket. Short, pointy hair. Blue pants.
Abillity: Controlling technology.

Manuel slowly woke up. He looked at the ceiling, then at himself. For some reason, he was laying on the floor. Weird. He searched for his Pokeballs, and took out an Ultra Ball, just in case. He noticed several other people, and started pondering about what had happened. "Where am I?" He asked to himself. The others were older than him, except for a girl. He rubbed his head and sighed.

Last edited:
She looked over to Lucy "Hello..." She said and then looked around the room for a exit. "Hmm....." She tried to remember how she got here but all she could remember was going to sleep at her home in pallet town.

"Oh. Hey. So, uh, to answer your question, I have no idea. I guess we're in a dark room. In the middle of nowhere. Yeah, that works." She looked around the room. "Okay. Two of them are still unconscious. There's something on the wall. Someone should go check that out, and the others should stay and wake the others up. I'll go check the wall. Maybe it'll help us somehow."

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
"Ok then." He said, and got up, then walked over to one of the unconscious trainers. "This is strange... I hope we get out soon." Manuel thought. He grabbed the trainer's head and shook it a little. "Hey, wake up!" He said in the trainer's ear, hoping it would work.

(I'm kinda curious about how they will get out of the room now. In my old RP, someone had either a Diglett or a Dugtrio, which helped a lot. Here, I don't know.)
Kayenne walked towards the wall, nearly tripping over the uneven floor. She mildly wondered how she had slept on the ground for the entire night, then dismissed it. That wasn't important right now. What was important was that she, along with a few other good people, were trapped in a room. And that there was a message scrawled on the wall that appeared to have been written in a hurry. She could barely read it. The fact that the room was nearly completely dark didn't help much either.
"Um. Okay. Fennekin, come out." Her Fennekin materialized in front of her. It stretched and yawned slightly, having been stuck in a Pokeball for at least ten hours by now. "Use flamethrower? Wait, no, don't. We're all going to burn to death if you do that. Uh, try Will-O-Wisp?" The room lit up slightly, but it was enough for her to read some parts of the writing. Something about a death contest/survival game, and something about forgotten special abilities. Special abilities? Me? Yeah, right. Well, Whatever. She would still tell the others about it, though. Maybe they had some sort of hidden powers.
She made her way back to the small group, where Manuel was still trying to wake one of the still-unconscious trainers up. "Okay, so the message said something about a survival contest and something about us being picked for having special powers we don't remember. I don't really think I have any abilities at all, but maybe you guys do. That might help us. A lot. Right now, though, after we wake the others up, we have to get out of here somehow. Any ideas? Also, I think you should yell a bit, Manuel/ That should work slightly better."

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
"A way to get out... Let me think." Manuel said, while sitting down and trying to come up with a plan. "I don't know about any special abilities either." He said. "Maybe... Making a hole in the ground, or maybe in a wall?" Manuel suggested. "A couple of strong attacks should do the trick." He said, while digging his his bag, looking for a Pokeball. He took a Pokeball and opened it. "Come on out, Incineroar!" He called, and his Pokemon materialized in front of him.

Full name: Cale Joel
Last Place in: Hoenn, Fallarbor Town
Pokemon: Growlithe (Outside Pokeball), Sceptile, Gallade, Luxray, Noivern, Weavile
Appearence: Look at my avatar
Ability: Brains

Cale was fast asleep in a dark area, not his bed. Growlithe, the Pokemon he keeps out of his pokeball, was at his feet asleep. Cale woke up, Growlithe was alert as well. "Wh-what?!" He yelled looking around him. Cale was confused, and scared, yet he stayed calm. Him and Growlithe got up and walked around. "What is this place?" He said to himself, looking all around. Then he noticed writing on the back of his right hand. "ENTRY NO.6" It read. Growlithe sniffed people ahead, and Cale followed him. Around the corner were 5 other Pokemon trainers. "H-hello?" He said to them.

Last edited:
(Guys, no legendaries.)
"Oh. Hey! Looks like another one's up. Great! Now we only have one more trainer unconscious. Well, I don't think we've introduced ourselves yet. I'm Kayenne. Nice to meet you."

Cale seemed to think Kayenne knew what was going on, he shook her hand. "Uh, I'm Cale. Do you know what this strange place is, and why I'm here?" He asked, Cale then noticed something on Kayenne's hand. "ENTRY NO.1" It read. By looking at the others Cale saw that everyone was trying to find a way out, then he knew what to do. "Hey guys, my Growlithe knows dig, maybe he can help." He told them.

Full name: Kene Royal
City you were last in: Slateport City (Hoenn)
Your six pokemon: Meowth (alolan), Popplio, Donphan, Roselia, Electrike, Torkoal,
Appearance: 6"3, jeans, black jacket, white shirt, black cap, black trainers

Kene's eyes flickered as they opened up and Kene started to wake up from his unconsciousness, he could hear unfamiliar voices as he started to make out what was in front of him, it was a white wall and a hard ground. He lifted his head but felt a ringing pain start to appear as he sat up. He grunted as the light seemed too bright for his eyes and he tried to shield it with his arms. After a minute he could make out a few people conversing. "Where are we?" Kene asked.

"Okay! Seems like we're all up now! Great! Okay, so, uh, we're in a room. A very dark room. I think we all have some sort of number on our hand? Mine is number 1. And there's this message on the wall over there." She pointed at the wall. "You can go read it if you want, but basically it says that we're in this survival game, and we were picked because we had some kind of special ability. I probably don't have any, or at least I can't remember having any, but maybe one of you guys do? At any rate, I'm guessing we have to get out of this room. If anyone has any pokemon that can dig or something, that would help a lot."

Cale looked at his Growlithe. "He knows dig, Growlithe dig down at an acute angle about 2 feet down, then head straight about 15 feet, come back when you're done, and we will start from that." He said, Growlithe nodded and started digging.

"Umm...okay," Kene replied hesitantly as he tried to process the information he had just been given. He glanced at his hand and noticed the number "72" Kene squinted his eyes with confusion as it was a rather random number compared to others that had 1 and 6. He kept it to himself for the time being.

He stood and and checked his belt to see if all his Pokemon were still with him. He sighed in relief as he realised they were still with them.

"Well...my names Kene," He said aloud just to put it out there, despite not knowing any other people's name.

Melissa's cloak hid her face. "I'm Melissa..." She said. All she wanted was to go back home to her family. "But why are they making us do this survival thing, and how do they even know who we are?" She asked.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
"I guess we'll find out later." Manuel said, and glanced at his hand. He had the number" 5". Manuel returned Incineroar to its Pokeball, and started walking around the room, waiting for Cale's Growlithe to come back so they could escape. "By the way, my name's Manuel. Just saying." He said.