• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open ☆ The Arena ☆ [Chat + Bios]

Hello yello peeps! This is my first attempt to start a roleplay on this site and I'm going to be very dedicated to this one.

(!) Before you read on, PLEASE read the Pokémon Roleplay Rules!! I do not want the admins to have to keep posting on this and the roleplay thread so behave my children ._.

Recent disruption has been caused by a mysterious and dangerous group known as Kasai. This group is made entirely up of Pokémon, mostly fire, dark and fighting types. Their purpose is to free all Pokémon from the hands of humans and will stop at nothing to achieve their objectives. They originate from Terminus Cave and lurk in many areas - especially in Lumiose City.

This is set in the lovely region known as Kalos and is set some time after the XY/XYZ anime (although the anime itself does not contribute to the plot).

Code:
[Spoiler= NAME]
[B]Username[/B]:
[B]Name[/B]:
[B]Age[/B]:
[B]Gender[/B]:
[B]Appearance[/B]:
[B]Clothing[/B]:
[B]Personality[/B](You may keep this brief):
[B]Pokémon[/B]:

[Spoiler= POKEMON]
[B]Name[/B]:
[B]Species[/B]:
[B]Gender[/B]:
[B]Ability[/B]:
[B]Moveset[/B]:
[B]Unique Features[/B]:
[B]Other[/B]:
[/Spoiler]

[B]Other[/B]:
[/Spoiler]

Code:
[Spoiler= NAME]
[B]Username[/B]:
[B]Name[/B]:
[B]Species[/B]:
[B]Gender[/B]:
[B]Ability[/B]:
[B]Moveset[/B]:
[B]Unique Features[/B]:
[B]Other[/B]:
[/spoiler]

Please make sure your form is inside a spoiler so scrolling up and down will be made easier ;D

Before asking a question, please look at this to see if your question was already asked:
Do the rules of the video games apply?
No, this is more based on the anime. Pokémon may be able to use more than 4 moves but please list the main 4 your Pokémon would usually use in your forms.
Can trainers have more than one starter?
2 maximum, there has to be a plausible reason for having another.
[/Spoiler]ķ

Last edited:
@Senrova
View attachment 606251
Username: @Senrova
Name: Dakota
Appearance:
• 5"5
• 124Ibs
• Slightly stocky build
• Her hair is tied up most of the time
Clothing:
^^ See above image (to add - she has a black hoodie w/ a feather logo, she rarely wears it)
Personality(You may keep this brief):
Dakota hates being told what to do and likes to remain independant. She often refuses help from others but is sometimes willing to help others.
Pokémon:

Name: Theophilus
Species: Delphox
Ability: Blaze
Moveset: Fire Pledge • Psychic • Shadow Ball • Calm Mind
Unique Features: He wears a pair of specs (makes him look smart ;D)
Other: Dakota's first Pokémon

Name: Ryka
Species: Raichu
Ability: Static
Moveset: Thunderbolt • Double Team • Iron Tail • Brick Break
Unique Features: Darker fur
Other: The first Pokémon Dakota caught

Name: Drewton
Species: Eevee
Ability: Adaptability
Moveset: Bite • Curse • Sand Attack • Last Resort
Unique Features: Lighter undefur
Other: Planning on having him evolve later in the roleplay ;D

Name: Odi
Species: Rufflet
Ability: Sheer Force
Moveset: Superpower • Aerial Ace • Slash • Bulk Up
Unique Features: Wears a black bowtie (sNaZzY)
Other: He will evolve soon

Name: Noel
Species: Buizel
Ability: Swift Swim
Moveset: Focus Punch • Aqua Jet • Quick Attack • Agility
Unique Features: Spiky fur on the head
Other: He will also evolve soon

Other: N/A
Username: @Senrova
Name: Grutt
Species: Houndoom
Ability: Flash Fire
Moveset: Overheat • Flamethrower • Sludge Bomb • Destiny Bond
Unique Features: Muscular, Thicker horns, Darker fur, Yellow outer eyes
Other: Leader of the Kasai

@*that* guy
Username: @*that* guy
Name: Donkey
Species: Darmanitan
Ability: Zen mode
Moveset: Hammer Arm • Incinerate • Over Heat • Super Power • Physic (zen mode) • Telekenis (zen mode)
Unique Features: Because of his ability, Zen Mode, upon dropping below half health, he goes into Zen Mode and become fire/physic and stats are changed.

@JosieLovesYou
Username: @JosieLovesYou
Name: Zaria
Species: Zoroark
Ability: Illusion
Moveset: Flamethrower • Dark Pulse • Low Sweep • Focus Blast
Unique Features: One of her eyes is blue, the other a bright yellow. Zaria's red fur is a bit darker then normal Zoroarks, as well.
Other: Zaria, due to being in multiple fights, has a half-torn ear, along with multiple scars and a few burns.

@Mo6
Username: @Mo6
Name: Seraphina (Seraph«- this is what I'm going to call her and its also her nickname)
Appearance:
• 4'11"
• 112Ibs
• Petite and ghostly pale due to her anemia
• Her eyes are deep sapphire blue
• Her hair is cut into a chin length bob which looked fluffy and messy (hair color: Ginger/auburn)
Clothing:
She wore a white sleeveless blouse with a black collar, a deep blue double waist side buttons pleated skirt, black stocking and racing flats. Underneath she wore a black and blue, and what seems to be, bulletproof wetsuit which she stole from a foreign kid. In her skirt pocket is a olive green hoodie which were folded to fit in her pocket. She carries a messenger bag.
Seraph is reserved, passive and a bit insane. She have a lot of moral values that is quite questionable by others but she is loyal and knew when she cross a line. She's blunt and lazy... and swears... A lot. Beware
Pokémon:
Name: Robbie
Species: Decidueye
Ability: Overgrow
Moveset:
Unique Features: A/N (he likes to be 'original')
Other: Obviously the first Pokémon Seraph have

Roleplay Thread

Last edited:
Username: @*that* guy
Name: donkey
Species: Darmanitan
Ability: zen mode (if that's ok?)
Moveset: hammer arm, incinerate, over heat, super power, physic (zen mode), telekenis (zen mode)
Unique Features: because of his ability, zen mode, upon dropping below half health, he goes into zen mode and become fire/ physics and stats are changed

Does that look ok?

Username: @Mo6
Name: Seraphina (Seraph«- this is what I'm going to call her and its also her nickname)
Appearance:
• 4'11"
• 112Ibs
• Petite and ghostly pale due to her anemia
• Her eyes are deep sapphire blue
• Her hair is cut into a chin length bob which looked fluffy and messy (hair color: Ginger/auburn)
Clothing:
She wore a white sleeveless blouse with a black collar, a deep blue double waist side buttons pleated skirt, black stocking and racing flats. Underneath she wore a black and blue, and what seems to be, bulletproof wetsuit which she stole from a foreign kid. In her skirt pocket is a olive green hoodie which were folded to fit in her pocket. She carries a messenger bag.
Seraph is reserved, passive and a bit insane. She have a lot of moral values that is quite questionable by others but she is loyal and knew when she cross a line. She's blunt and lazy... and swears... A lot. Beware
Pokémon:

Name: Robbie
Species: Decidueye
Ability: Overgrow
Moveset: Spirit Shackle, Ominous Wind, Leafage, Leaf Blade
Unique Features: A/N (he likes to be 'original')
Other: Obviously the first Pokémon Seraph have

--------
I have a few more Pokémon to add but if your wondering why I have left the Moveset blank its because I wanted to asked if the rules of the videogames apply here because it sucks to be stuck on four move limit when a Pokémon can clearly retain it's knowledge of other moves.

And also can there be two starter Pokémon? Or can some of us have the same starter Pokémon?

Last edited:
It's good to see some familiar peeps here, all forms are accepted!
Regarding questions:
@*that* guy looks great, zen mode is fine as long as it doesn't get too out of hand ;D
@Mo6 the rules from the games don't necessarily apply, it's more anime based so more than 4 moves is OK (I'd prefer to have 4 'main moves' listed in forms) More than one starter may be OK as long as there is a good reason for it ;D
EDIT: Also swearing CAN be allowed but make sure to censor it and don't go over the top ;D

Last edited:
Alright, so the RP Creator gave me permission to use a lovely fan made Pokémon of mine. (Note that this Pokémon is also separated from his trainer because of what had happened in a previous RP he was in.)

*casually shoves a lot of information*

Username: @Kibago
Name: His name is Todd, though not a lot of people aside from his trainer know his name however.
Species: Todoclor / Medicon Pokémon
Native Region: His native region is Camtonia, a region based off of a mix of Cambodia's traditional past and more relevant events in the present time.
Type: [type]Normal[/type] [type]Steel[/type]
Age: He appears to look like a newborn, though his wits say otherwise.
Unique Features: He does not seem to have any special features to have him stand out unfortunately.
Appearance: Todoclor is a small, bipedal, robotic Pokémon that resembles a human toddler. He stands at short height of roughly twenty inches and seems to only weigh close to about thirty pounds as a result of the somewhat dense, but lighter made metal his body has. He has a primarily gray body that is somewhat hard to see when in areas of darkness. His head is somewhat big in proportion to his body and it is perfectly round. He has a single, thin filament of gray metal protruding from the center area on top of his head that gives off the impression of a tiny hair. He has blue beady eyes, a small nose composed of two small dots and has one steel white tooth that can be seen on the top row in the middle area when he opens his mouth. He has a small headlight on his forehead that is often used for navigating around dark areas. His right arm has a small screen that can be unfolded upwards to reveal a small keyboard used for various inputs. His black hands and feet each have five small fingers and five tiny toes.
Personality: Todd is described from his trainer to be a quiet, reticent Pokémon. He tends to not trust others as much at first, since he is accustomed to being alone. He tends to hide his injuries by attempting to heal them the best he can in a discreet manner since he hates going to the Pokémon Center due to the fact that he has an extreme fear of needles. He usually lets out his emotions when no one is around, or at least when he think no one is. He has some silly habits that he tends to do if no one is looking, such as putting his hand in his mouth. (Though it helps to calm him sometimes.)
Skills: Todd is able to keep all friendly Pokémon including himself strong and healthy in the midst of combat. He also does not require food and water like most Pokémon do since his body obtains energy through the use of solar cells hidden near his heart area and through sleep.
Ability: Mutualistic Bond (Todoclor and all nearby allied Pokémon gain temporary damage absorption, up to a rate of 50% + 100. Damage absorption cannot stack past the limit and resets every three turn cycles. Damage absorption gained scales with how much damage was dealt by Todoclor and all allied Pokémon in a turn cycle.)
Primary Moves: Bashing Blow, Stim Shot, Guard Shot, Flash Volley
Other Info: He is able to communicate with his trainer and the Camtonian military transmission channel through the use of a transceiver located next to the keyboard. The small computer screen is holographic and it serves numerous purposes, from a Pokédex to having a map that reveals more about unknown areas if explored.
Fakemon Creator: Me
Poké Browser Entry A: "It has been said that this Pokémon was made for the sole purpose of deterring trainers with its adorable appearance. Trainers beware, for this Pokémon is easily startled by loud noise and has difficulty with changes in its routines."
Poké Browser Entry B: "Todoclor utilizes its vast healing properties to keep all friendly Pokémon healthy and strong in the midst of battle. Care should be taken when Todoclor is in combat, as it tends to struggle without assistance from other Pokémon."
Vulnerable to: Fighting - 4x
Weak to: Fire, Ground - 2x
Resistant to: Bug, Dark, Dragon, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Steel - 0.5x
Resilent to: N/A - 0.25x
Immune to: Poison, Ghost - 0x
Type Effects: Immune to the effects of sandstorms and cannot be poisoned. (Exception: If enemy Pokémon has the ability Corrosion.)
Moves Information:
Type: [type]Normal[/type]
Condition: Tough
Category: Physical
Power: 30
Accuracy: 100%
Power Points: 20
Target: Single Enemy
Range: Close Quarters Combat
Description: The user strikes the target with a quick blow, which may cause the target to flinch, interrupting the target's action and not allowing the target to execute any moves if the target has not acted yet.
Effects: May inflict Flinch, canceling all actions and disabling all attacks if the Pokémon has not performed any actions yet. (Pokémon cannot be flinched continuously however.)
Condition: Clever
Category: Status
Power: N/A
Accuracy: 50% (Hip-fire) / Sure Shot (Locked on, must be aiming for at least one second)
Power Points: 30
Target: Self / Single Ally
Range: 20 Meters
Description: The user fires a shot of invigorating energy at themselves or at an allied Pokémon to restore a slight amount of HP and temporarily increase their attack and special attack by one stage. This move can be used multiple times in succession for added effects, at the cost of more power being used.
Effects: Restores 15 HP to the target initially and 20% HP over five seconds and increases the target's attack and special attack by 50% for three turns.
Condition: Cute
Category: Status
Power: N/A
Accuracy: 50% (Hip-fire) / Sure Shot (Locked on, must be aiming for at least one second)
Power Points: 30
Target: Self / Single Ally
Range: 20 Meters
Description: The user fires a shot of protective energy at themselves or at an allied Pokémon to restore a slight amount of HP and temporarily increase their defense and special defense by one stage. This move can be used multiple times in succession for added effects, at the cost of more power being used.
Effects: Restores 15 HP to the target initially and 20% HP over five seconds and increases the target's defense and special defense by 50% for three turns.
Type: [type]Steel[/type]
Condition: Beautiful
Category: Special
Power: 10 x 15
Accuracy: 75%
Power Points: 15
Target: Single Enemy / Multiple Enemies
Range: 1 Meter (Effective range before power scales down)
Description: The user assaults the target with a barrage of light beams at the target. This may inflict Pierce, halving the target's resistance to special-based attacks for five turns.
Effects: May inflict pierce, increasing damage vulnerability to special-based attacks by 50% for five turns. Stacks with other stat debuffs.

Hey, I just got a idea, would it be possible to have my fighting moves on donkey (super power and hammer arm) to be replaced by my phycic moves upon changing to zen mode?

Well I was just informed that:

rules from the games don't necessarily apply, it's more anime based so more than 4 moves is OK (I'd prefer to have 4 'main moves' listed in forms) More than one starter may be OK as long as there is a good reason for it ;D

each our previous interaction which is a bit over above this.

So are we gonna involved mega actions, not mega evolved sort of action, the fist fight and James Bond sort of action?

Hi! I was looking for an RP to join and I stumbled across this one haha. I hope this is ok! I had another character in mind as well, but it's still a work in progress.

Username: @htmyooo
Name: Rowan
Appearance:
5'8"
160 lbs
Long brown hair
Very dark brown (near-black) eyes
Slightly tanned
Broad shoulders
Clothing:
(I included a quick sprite-thing of her just in case)
She wears a long dark blue coat with a pastel yellow-ish sweater underneath and has a scarf that fades from the same sort of color in the middle to red at the edges.
She has good control over her temper but is easily annoyed. She also has a strong sense of justice and won't hesitate to put people in their place. She is rather open-minded and free-spirited, and despite her intimidating demeanor, she actually quite enjoys hugs and being affectionate towards people she knows well.
Pokémon:
Quilava, Charmander (she gets a Charmander from Sycamore after arriving in Kalos), Espurr

Name: Cendre
Species: Quilava
Ability: Flash Fire
Moveset: Flame Charge, Ember, Hidden Power Ice, Swift
Unique Features: Incredibly agile
Other: Rowan's first Pokémon (she was exploring Johto, but a fiasco in the Whirl Islands forced her to leave and come to Kalos with only this Pokémon in tow)

Name: Flare
Species: Charmander
Ability: Blaze
Moveset: Ember, Dragon Dance, Dragon Rage, Scratch
Unique Features: Knows Dragon Dance as a result of being a bred Charmander rather than a caught one
Other: Given to Rowan by Professor Sycamore upon arriving in Kalos

Name: ??? (hasn't named him yet!)
Species: Espurr
Ability: Own Tempo
Moveset: Confusion, Light Screen, Psybeam, Fake Out
Unique Features: A bit more expressive than your average Espurr
Other: First Pokémon caught by Rowan in Kalos

Other:
Rowan has an obsession with speed, due to having pursued Latios (unsuccessfully) for a few years. Due to this, her Pokémon are trained first and foremost to be as fast as possible, and she shies away from catching slower Pokémon. She doesn't consider any other aspect of battling as important, which could prove problematic.

Attachments

• rowan sprite.png
    rowan sprite.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 28
I'm up for a RP like this
Name: Frostbite
Species: Froslass
Ability: Snow Cloak
Moveset: Blizzard, Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball, Hail
Unique Features: During a hail storm her accuracy boosts thanks to her ability Snow Cloak

Last edited: