• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Alola Region!

Miriam Austor walked along a sandy beach, up to ankle depth in water. It was high tide, and also the day when Miriam would get her first Pokemon. She looked out to the ocean and grinned. Ever since she was a child she'd wanted to become a water type trainer, the best water type trainer ever. She knew which starter she'd pick, and it was only a matter of time before the clock would strike twelve and Kukui's lab would be open for trainers. She splashed around in the water and then dunked her head under it, she'd learnt how to swim when she was a tiny baby. Going underwater was magical, she opened her eyes and saw all kinds of Pokemon. She came back up and shook her head, then ran up the beach onto to dry land. She walked into the small Iki Town and looked up at the large church clock. 11:59... 12:00! She saw many kids gasp and jump up and down before they started running in the direction of Kukui's lab. Miriam smiled, and ran with them.

Huang walked on the sandy shores of the beach with the Dolqian held securely in his arms. A plush toy that was about six inches tall sat on Huang's right shoulder, as its appearance corresponded to that of a Dragonite that primarily had the features of an infant. The plushie scanned around the area while making a small map of the area they explored in its concealed memory chip deep in its body. It grasped the shirt when the waves rolled by, as Huang gave a slight chuckle and patted it on its soft head that was rather big in proportion to its body. The plushie nodded at him, as it continued to closely analyze the area while taking note of the Laboratory that a nearby girl was headed for.

Huang checked his watch, as it was the time of the highest noon of all during the day. A brief thought of the wild west popped up in his head from his favorite movie he saw when he was a kid, as he walked over to the Laboratory after the plushie gave him the signal. The Dolqian quietly dozed off in his arms while the plushie gave his best attempt at being just a simple plush toy that was inanimate and meant to be played with by a cute little Pokémon.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake's face was glued to the plane window as they were coming down over the beautiful Melemele island. "Take a look at that Cubone. When we land we're gonna let everyone know exactly who we are." he said with a large smile. Cubone smirked and grunted in agreement with his trainer. It was Blake's first time in Alola and he had his sights on becoming the champion along with Cubone and whoever else might join his team along the way. The plane touched down and Blake shuffled along in the line of people, anxious to get off the aircraft. Upon reaching the doors he took a huge step out into absolutely nothing. He completely forgot that there was a staircase that led down towards the ground and ended up falling. He was thankful for the tons of sand on Alola or he would've been done for before his adventure even began. Blake groggily stood to his feet and shook his head. "Man that hurt." he said. The boy walked into Iki town at the suggestion of the flight attendant where he spotted a crowd of kids running through the streets. "Where the heck are they all going?" he asked, slightly curious to find out. "What do you think it is Cubone?" he asked his partner. When the boy didn't get a response he looked back and forth for his partner. He looked at the crowd and saw his Pokemon running down the street with everyone else. "Hey wait up Cubone!" Blake shouted as he took off after his Pokemon.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Jason looked at Melemele Island below him. When he was on the plane he noted a few places he wanted to visit. "Wow there are so many new Pokemon, too," Jason said while looking at the ground full of Pokemon. When he got off airplane he decided to visit the places near Iki Town. He saw a bunch of Pokemon running around but there was something special that caught his eye. Jason noticed a Gray and Black spotted egg. "Maybe it'll hatch into a new Pokemon I've never seen before," he thought. He picked it up and saw a bunch of people rushing to a Lab. "I wonder what they're going there for," Jason said. His curiosity peaked and he went to the Lab along with everybody else.

Professor Kukui opened the door to the lab and smiled. About 10 trainers waited at the door, eagerly awaiting the starter Pokemon. Kukui led them all over to a flat grassy area and then threw three pokeballs into the air. Out came a Litten, Rowlet and Popplio. Miriam's eyes widened at sight of the Popplio, it was cute and it looked like it'd be strong as well.

Kukui let the children choose, one by one. Whenever one Pokemon was chosen, he'd bring out another one, depending on which Pokemon the child chose. Finally, it was Miriam's turn. She walked out the front and looked at all of the Pokemon. She then turned to Popplio, "Popplio. Will you be my partner?" She asked softly.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
When Jason walked into the laboratory he saw a professor looking at the trainers. "What's happening?" Jason wondered. The professor released three starter Pokemon and the trainers each chose one of them. The professor kept on giving more and more of the same Pokemon. "So he just gives free Pokemon to trainers? Seems like something Professor Oak would do," Jason muttered under his breath. Eventually, everybody but Jason and someone else was in the lab. The professor moves his hand, telling them it was their turn. "Hey, who are you? And who are the Pokemon you're giving away?" Jason asked. "I'm Professor Kukui, and these guys are Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio. Rowlet is the grass owl Pokemon, Litten is the fire kitten Pokemon, and Popplio is the sea lion Pokemon. I'm letting trainers get free Pokemon to begin their journeys," Professor Kukui explained with a smile. "Oh, that's quite kind of you. Alright, I choose Rowlet," Jason said. Rowlet cooed and rubbed his soft head against Jason. "Thanks for liking me Rowlet. How about I name you Roothoot?" Jason asked. Roothoot nodded and continue to rub against Jason. Jason began petting Roothoot and returned his new Pokemon. "Thanks for the Pokemon, Professor. I think I'll start a journey, too if you don't mind," Jason said to the Professor. "Not at all. Good luck on your journey, farewell!" the Professor said to Jason. "Bye!" Jason replies while leaving the lab. He released Roothoot, which flew up and perched himself on Jason's shoulder. "Well let's go!" Jason exclaimed.

Huang got over to the laboratory after some brisk walking along the path, as he opened the glossy doors and noticed that several other trainers already beated him there. He noticed that there were some Pokémon that the Professor released, as he silently analyzed all of them while the Dolqian continued to sleep in his arms. The little plushie took careful notes of all of the Pokémon in its concealed memory chip, as its body stood perfectly still to give off the impression of the inanimate toy it was meant to be.

In the interim, there was a small, mysterious Pokémon near the Laboratory that appeared to look like a neonate at first glance. His babyish, black body was covered by gray armor in most areas; while saving for the underside since it did not get hit as much in battle. Several openings were on his body to ventilate the air that checked in and out, as there was a single, but blunt spike that protruded from his back.

He had on a crimson red shirt that seemed to be far too big for a little Pokémon like him to wear, as the front side had an imprint of a picture of an adult human with who seemed to be affectionately hugging the Pokémon of his final evolution with a careful scan. He was carrying a small bag that seemed to contain some items, including what seemed to be a card of identification with a star-shaped diamond pinned on the upper right hand corner and a stack of a hundred of the highest value of paperbacks.

"Psst... you're going the wrong way there small fry! How about you come here so I can hug you in this nice, cozy web now?" A mysterious voice said. The Pokémon's pulse dramatically increased from the peculiar voice, as his breathing escalated to the point where he could hear his own heartbeats like a stethoscope could. His urge to panic and flee the area gradually accumulated like a lit fuse, as sweat began to rush down his face like the waves of the nearby beach. His movements became rapid and trembling like a pile of cascading dominoes, as he concealed himself in a bush next to the Laboratory and thought, "W- who's there... p- ple- please do- don't h- hu- hurt... m- m- me..."

The other nearby Pokémon only heard the uttering cries of the babyish Pokémon that quickly revealed his fright, as it said, "Come on now, don't you want to play with me? We can have all the fun we want in my home!" A few incomprehensible babbles were heard in the baby Pokémon's reply, as he quickly backed away from the spider-like Pokémon and made a run towards the Laboratory's entrance.

The sound of rushing footsteps and infantile cries caught the attention of Huang, as he turned towards the doors and said, "Hey, are you okay there? Do you need any help or anything?" There was no immediate response, as the doors were pushed opened with vigorous force!

The baby Pokémon breached in the laboratory loudly wailing while covering his underside, as the mature, spider-like Pokémon followed along and attempted to push the doors with a futile effort. Not seeming to realize that its lack of physical strength was not enough to open such an entrance barrier, it attempted to push even harder on the doors in a desperate effort to chase down the baby Pokémon.

Huang saw the baby Pokémon whimpering and hiding behind his leg, as he turned around and knelt down to his small height to not make himself appear as intimidating to his small size. He said to the baby Pokémon, "Look, I know you're a bit scared, but is there anything that's bothering you?"

The baby Pokémon pointed towards the spider Pokémon that was kicking the door with its stubby frontal legs, as Huang nodded and replied, "Okay, I suppose that I'd better go a little back and find you a safe area for you to calm down first then... but first I better put my other Pokémon in her ball so that I can hold you up since you seem tired already."

The Dolqian was recalled into her Poké Ball, as Huang held up the baby Pokémon and quietly walked towards the Professor with concerned footsteps that made the floor quietly creak with the Pokémon's continuous sobbing. He calmly said to the Professor, "Well, I'm not sure if I want to have your starters here yet, since there's more of a concern I have to take care of first. You see, this strange Pokémon that I'm holding is crying quite a lot, and I can't seem to find the precise reason for it... other than that weird big spider Pokémon that's banging on the door over there."

The baby Pokémon curled in a ball at the sight of the Professor, as he took out his small notebook and pen and hastily wrote:

Please help me Professor, I might not look like it... but I ain't the little Aron you think I am! I'll give you something if you help me get rid of that spider Pokémon over there... it ain't an ordinary one; it's the one that's sent by those skull freaks trying to destroy me! Save the introductions and questions for later please!

He tore off the page with his stubby arms after wiping his falling tears, as he gave it to Huang and signaled him with his arms to give it to the Professor. Huang nodded and said to the Professor, "Well, the Pokémon told me to give you this, I think that you should read it since it looks rather important from how fast he wrote it..."

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Blake followed the trainers all the way down to some sort of beach shack. "What the heck is this place?" he asked, looking around the beach. Whoever was inside of that shack seemed to be very important to all the trainers around this area. He could hear the man's voice when he spoke, energetic and excited. Blake was certain that whoever this guy was he sure did love his job. He could see children leaving the shack with Pokemon that he'd never seen before. "There's a blue one. Probably a water type. There someone has a red and black cat. That one might be the fire type. Which would have to mean that the green owl is the grass type. These aren't just any old Pokemon...they are the starter Pokemon for the Alola Region!" he exclaimed after putting the puzzle together. "That must mean that the man inside the shack is the Professor! That means he's Professor Kukkui the move expert!" he said, even more excited than before. As the line moved, Blake couldn't wait to get his turn to pick a Pokemon. Maybe he would go with the water type...or maybe the fire type...but the grass type seemed cool too. There were too many options for the boy to make a decision at the moment and he was way to excited to think straight anyways.