• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS team troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
firstly, im not new to team building. just have no idea what the last pokemon in my party should be.

you can rate these if you want
Mewtwo:

psychic
aura sphere
barrier
calm mind

empoleon:
surf
ice beam
brine
hydro cannon

zapdos:

thunder
charge
shock wave
fly

articuno:

mind reader
ice beam
sheer cold
roost

veanasaur:
petal dance
solarbeam
leech seed
sleep powder

lastly...

either a:

latias

mist ball
hyper beam
dragon claw
dive

b:

dialga

dragon claw
roar of time
draco meteor
blizzard

or c

azelf

nasty plot
extrasensory
explosion
u turn

You say your not new yet I see alot of new player mistakes here...

http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/smf/index.php?topic=3017.0
http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/smf/index.php?topic=1600.0

Read those 2 links and modify your team accordingly.

PS: mods, sorry for the mini modding but the topic bugged the crap out of me >_>

You say your not new yet I see alot of new player mistakes here...

http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/smf/index.php?topic=1600.0

Read those 2 links and modify your team accordingly.

PS: mods, sorry for the mini modding but the topic bugged the crap out of me >_>

Jeydis, is it legal to have those many legendaries and ubers? :-\

well my articuno can work miracles with mind reader and sheer cold. unfortunitly that seems like my only strength

oh god your right. so now I have to scrap most of my team?

Jeydis, is it legal to have those many legendaries and ubers?
Depends who you play with. The pokecharms rules for standard play with other members of 'charms state that Ubers are completly banned (So Mewtwo, Latias and Dialga are gone) and only one of any other legendary. Standard rules of online gaming by smogon (The big kahunas of standard pokemon competitions) state no Ubers unless its an all ubers match but appart from that you can have the rest of the legendaries.

And now for my frustration outlet:

well my articuno can work miracles with mind reader and sheer cold. unfortunitly that seems like my only strength
PLEASE READ MY PREVIOUS POST TO THIS TOPIC

... geez youd think this guy is blind or something...

Depends who you play with. The pokecharms rules for standard play with other members of 'charms state that Ubers are completly banned (So Mewtwo, Latias and Dialga are gone) and only one of any other legendary. Standard rules of online gaming by smogon (The big kahunas of standard pokemon competitions) state no Ubers unless its an all ubers match but appart from that you can have the rest of the legendaries.

And now for my frustration outlet:
PLEASE READ MY PREVIOUS POST TO THIS TOPIC

... geez youd think this guy is blind or something...

jee, do you even know what mind reader does? it insures a hit. that hit is sheer cold.

and yes, i did read it.

^ Click.. Scroll down until you see 'grass'..

It will give you a list of good grass moves to use. :p

Yes I know what mind reader does and that cheap (and illegal in standard online play) combo has been around for a long time.

Here are some important things to know about making topics in this section and should apply to your First post:

1) Is it in-game or competitive? They're both really different aspects, in-game is generally more lax, while competitive will require harder training such as EVs. And a note for anyone helping out, don't just dismiss in-game teams. Help them out rather than just saying "You can just level up and win". They have posted for help for a reason, so actually give it to them.

2 ) Never have two attacks of the same type on one Pokemon. The only exception is if you're using a CB Pokemon. Even then, only have two attacks of the same type, One special, One Physical.

3) Never use two turn attacks like Hyper Beam and Fly, One hit KO attacks and most HM moves. Most people will switch into an approprite counter for the two turn moves. The only exception is for Slaking with Giga Impact because it would lose the turn anyways because of Traunt. The HM moves are weak and have better uses elseware (Only Surf and Waterfall are exceptions). People will be laughing in your face when you try to use a One Hit KO move. They'll have an easy time hitting you while you're missing your attack.

Since you missed that the first time here it is in pretty purple boxes.

So no Hyper Beams/Dive/Fly/Non-Sunny Day Solar beams, no Sheercold comboes, No petal dancing Venusaurs (ugh), no double water moves on Empoleon.

EDIT: Darn you guys beat me to posting... I took too long :S

For moves for Venusaur id consider Sludge Bomb as a nice replacement for Solar Beam (If you have no Sunny Day plans) and ditch Petal dance for Leaf Storm or Grass Knot at least.

Yeah Sludge Bomb & Grass Knot would be excellent alternatives.. I know Sludge Bomb is great.. I have it on my Crobat & it works wonders ;D

I don't think leaf storm comes as a TM.. :-X

still how do i teach venasaur leaf storm

also i taught it petal dance, because it was replacing frenzy plant.

and leach seed replaced giga drain.

i dont want sunny day, as that makes my weakness to fire 2.5, and that would hurt if i was up agaisnt a blaziken. infact, now i dont have a counter for blaziken, as mewtwo is out >_<

OH GREAT. MY ONLY BACKUP PLAN IS A LINNONE MY FREIND GAVE ME, AND A FLAREON.

why did he raise the linnone to level 78?

Leafstorm is taught to the Bulbasaur line by Breeding so get Leafstorm on either one of these )dont forget for them to be males and the Bulba/Ivy/Venu to be female:
- victreebell
- exeggutor
- Bellossom
- Sunflora
- Grovyle
- Sceptile
- Shiftry
- Tropius
- Turtwig
- Grotle
- Torterra
- Wormadam (grass)

If you cant manage that you can use Energy Ball, that works too.

OH GREAT. MY ONLY BACKUP PLAN IS A LINNONE MY FREIND GAVE ME, AND A FLAREON.

why did he raise the linnone to level 78?
I have a lvl 100 one on my Ruby because of my abuse of Pick Up :p

Flareon can be pretty cool though.

Empoleon can go 2 ways depending on the EV training you give it (given your reaction to rebreeding im guessing you dont EV train) so here is a basic Build for empoleon to cover major threats:

Item held: Life Orb ro anything else that can help boost its Sp. damage.
- Agility
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot / Stealth Rock

Since Empoleon has mediocre speed I gave it Agility to even things out. The choice between Surf and Hydro goes by your personal tastes, wether you like having More PP or more Power. For Grass Knot and Stealth Rock it goes by the availability for you with the TM. That last slot can be any normal filler move I suppose, like Protect or Yawn or Roar etc.

If you are going for a Sp Atk Empoleon, it wouldn't be amiss to throw Flash Cannon on there too, might as well get all the STAB you can. my personal one atm is

Surf
Flash Cannon
Ice Beam
Drill Peck - will be exchanged for Agility when I get around to rebreeding for a better nature

still, my team has 2 empty spots. if suicune isnt a uber, shove a pkrs one in. now....

Zangoose, I have seen go well, or Skarmory.

so....

empoleon
venasaur
suicune
linnone
flareon
zangoose/skarmory

unless latias isnt a uber (its alowed in the battle tower?)

Status
Not open for further replies.