• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

T-awh-Mi's Trainer Card Spritedom -- Requests are Open!! (*Read 1st Post*)

So i'll take trainer card requests, but in your request i do need specific details on how you want the card to look included Such as;
-i need to know your trainer's name,
-a sprite for your trainer (I can attempt a custom if i have a good enough idea of what you want),
-which Pokemon will be in your party,
-which League the badges are from (if badges),
-and lastly a background for your card (a medium-sized image would be great & something easy to work with).
[glow=blue,2,300]*NOTE:* Do check out examples below for good ideas!!
;D[br]
[glow=orange,2,300]*Special Thanks to DayU for making backgrounds transparent* Thanks! ;D[br]
[glow=pink,2,300]*I do NOT claim to own any of the backgrounds used in my cards*[br]
[glow=purple,2,300]*I reserve the right to decline any request made [although i have yet to do so]*[br]
Trainer Card(s):[br]
mewmewtwotrainercard.png
gymleadercard.png
scythertrainercard.png
austintrainercard.png
bry.png
neptunecard.png
jack.png
guitaristtrainercard.png
yurashicard.png
tehpurplecard.png
zackcard.png
kalseng.png
[br]
Odd-Sized Cards:[br]
minicard.jpg
mecard.png

Trainer Sprites:[br]
TeamELeaderTommitrans.png
gymleadertrans.png
austintrans.png
brytrans.png
neptunetrans.png
guitaristtrans.png
Saturntrans.png
[br]
Overworld(s):[br]
gymleaderoverworld.jpg
AustinOverTrans.png
[br]​
Sprite Recolor(s):[br]
blueflareon.jpg
[br]
Towns:
SilverkatVillage.png

Silverkat Village
Fakemon:[br]
Fakemontrans.png
-lvl36->
Fakemon2trans.png
[br]​
Revamps:[br]
RevampIvyTrans.png
RevampRaiTrans.png
RevampMewTrans.png
Digimon:[br]
terriermonandlopmon.png

I think the recolor is really nice, I like fire pokemon when they are blue (many in my fan region have blue manes rather that red).

I LOVE the mini-card, does the maker let anyone use the template? If so, could you post a link to it? I'd like to give it a shot.

I think the recolor is really nice, I like fire pokemon when they are blue (many in my fan region have blue manes rather that red).

I LOVE the mini-card, does the maker let anyone use the template? If so, could you post a link to it? I'd like to give it a shot.

I'm glad you like it. Blue fire Pokemon are pretty cool, I like blue flames (even though Flareon doesn't have flames).

And as for the mini-card, http://koalas-march.livejournal.com/4079.html , they're about 3/4 down the page.

Ooh, thanks, might I ask which font you used?

And I hadn't commented on it before, but I think that the overworld is really good, do you only do the fromt of them?

Ooh, thanks, might I ask which font you used?

And I hadn't commented on it before, but I think that the overworld is really good, do you only do the fromt of them?

The font was probably Arial. Wait no, it was custom. I had to custom draw them in.

Thanks, i tried to do more than just the front, but it didn't turn out how i wanted it to. So maybe some other day.

I love that blue flareon sheet O.O looks awesome.

The trainers look pretty good just dont forget what I told you: .png > .jpg!

I love that blue flareon sheet O.O looks awesome.

The trainers look pretty good just dont forget what I told you: .png > .jpg!

Yes i am definitely going to have to remember that for the next time i do sprite work. And thanks again!! ;D

Looking through some of my older files on my computer i stumbled upon some sprite comics. So here they are. These happened to be pretty popular on my deviantART account, T-awh-Mi, so enjoy!! *Note: The content in a couple of these may be ideologically wrong to certain fans/people, i don't think in these ways, this was just for fun.

DestroyLarxene.jpg

FunnyStory.jpg

SavePeach.jpg

realsailorscouts.png

[size=8pt]Kingdom Hearts, and its chracters, props, sets belong to Square Enix

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Flareon, props, and sets belong to Nintendo

Sailor Senshi belong to Naoko Takeuchi[/size]​

I'm not sure I get the first and third strips, and all but the third are a little too minimalist in my opinion. I think they need more backgrounds. The third strip, while it has a background, is way too zoomed out for my taste, making it seem unfocused to me, and the Mario and Luigi sprites are too static. I think you could've found and used actual action sprites rather than standing ones.

Sailor Moon Fun Fact! Uranus' gender was so ambiguous in the manga that she switched between masculine and feminine body shapes depending on what she was wearing, so you're really not that far off. o_0

I'm not sure I get the first and third strips, and all but the third are a little too minimalist in my opinion. I think they need more backgrounds. The third strip, while it has a background, is way too zoomed out for my taste, making it seem unfocused to me, and the Mario and Luigi sprites are too static. I think you could've found and used actual action sprites rather than standing ones.

Sailor Moon Fun Fact! Uranus' gender was so ambiguous in the manga that she switched between masculine and feminine body shapes depending on what she was wearing, so you're really not that far off. o_0

The Mario one is too far zoomed out, i'm not sure why but that isn't its full size. It should've been bigger. The fact that they look static could also be the file type. Sorry about that.

Haha, i didn't know that. That was just something i put together one night, i had some friends over and we were loaded up on caffiene haha.

nice comics they made me LOLZ. But i have to say you should save them as a .png and not a .jpg. May i ask where you got the KH2 sprites? I have been looking all over for them but i cant find any.

nice comics they made me LOLZ. But i have to say you should save them as a .png and not a .jpg. May i ask where you got the KH2 sprites? I have been looking all over for them but i cant find any.
Yeah i know about the whole PNG thing. I went through and changed my trainer cards but that's all i've changed so far, so maybe i'll get to the other things soon.

As for the KH2 Sprites, most of them were off of Photobucket(search KH2 Sprites, Kingdom Hearts 2 Sprites, stuff along those lines). If you want particular ones(that you don't find there but see in my comics) just quote this message back, or send a personal message.

Also, i have some new sprite work done.

bryoverworld.png

First we have an Overworld, and of course is goes with the sprite i made for Bryan and his card.(above).

SilverkatVillage.png

Second is this layout for Silverkat Town. I'm working, with the help of a couple friends, on a region. This happens to be the starting town, where my friends and i live. I live in the orange roofed house, Bryan lives in the purple roofed house, and Austin lives in the brown roofed house. In our region you start off with two Pokemon instead of just one, and the ones we're standing with are the ones we have. The town includes our houses, a PokeMart, and a beach. Although it is small, it happens to be the starting place of our journey, and it is also the gateway to the Elite 4.

Your Feedback is Appreciated!! ;D

*EDIT!!(again):*

So i've been working pretty hard on a sprite this weekend, and (you guessed it!) it's finished!!

neptune.png

I went through and added some shading and what-not in areas i thought it needed.

neptunecard.png

I just added the new sprite to this one haha.

An overworld may be coming soon (still undecided)!! ;D​

Good job on Silverkat. Isn't a Dratini for a starter a bit much? Sailor neptue doesn't have an outline in places(At least, to me), and her legs look out of proportion. ... hmmm.

Good job on Silverkat. Isn't a Dratini for a starter a bit much? Sailor neptue doesn't have an outline in places(At least, to me), and her legs look out of proportion. ... hmmm.

Thanks, and Dratini was my friends idea. He's a little younger than Bryan and I, so it figures something way out of whack was chosen.
No outline? Where exactly is this to you so i can possibly make repairs. Also how do you mean her legs are out of proportion??

I think ShadoPikachu just means that in the places where you used lighter colors, you should make it darker to give it more definition.

Hey T, I know that you posted mini ID's here first, so I wanted to ask you first on whether or not I could put requests up for them. If you want to do the requests, then that's fine too.

I think ShadoPikachu just means that in the places where you used lighter colors, you should make it darker to give it more definition.

Hey T, I know that you posted mini ID's here first, so I wanted to ask you first on whether or not I could put requests up for them. If you want to do the requests, then that's fine too.

Ah, yes that makes sense. I'll have to go back and fix it sometime. And if you want to take requests for them go ahead. I mean they aren't really mine, i just happened to stumble across them haha.

Can I request a gym leader's trainer card? I would like you to use the dragonair background.
Name: Jack
Sprite: The one in my avatar
Pokemon: Dragonair, Flygon, Salamence, Milotic, Garchomp and Giratina.
Non- Gym Pokemon: Shiny Pidgeot, Blissey, Ninetales, Venusaur, Gallade, Ambipom, Ditto, Leafeon

Thanks so much!

Can I request a gym leader's trainer card? I would like you to use the dragonair background.
Name: Jack
Sprite: The one in my avatar
Pokemon: Dragonair, Flygon, Salamence, Milotic, Garchomp and Giratina.
Non- Gym Pokemon: Shiny Pidgeot, Blissey, Ninetales, Venusaur, Gallade, Ambipom, Ditto, Leafeon

Thanks so much!

Of course, i already have started on it and i will finish it and post soon.

By the way everyone keep in mind the cards in the first post are not the only kind i do, requests for special backgrounds are welcome. As well as combinations of cards above.

Of course, i already have started on it and i will finish it and post soon.

By the way everyone keep in mind the cards in the first post are not the only kind i do, requests for special backgrounds are welcome. As well as combinations of cards above.

Great! and I would have requested another background, but dragonair is my mascot!

Name: Kruk

Background: Tyranitar, if you want me to find a specific one, let me know.

Pokemon:T-tar, Mewtwo, Blaziken, Salamence, Weavile, and Skarmory(look at my sig)

Badges:(in order):The numbers are the badges not the order. Sinnoh-2nd, then 3rd. Hoenn - Forth, then last. Kanto-last, then second to last. Sinnoh - Last. Johto - Last. If you understood all that. (So the 'Sinnoh-2nd' is the second badge in the Sinnoh line, not the second badge that I want one there.) If I can only pick a set, then I'll take Kanto.

For neatness:
Sinnoh-2nd
Sinnoh-3rd
Hoenn-4th
Hoenn-Last(8th)
Kanto-8th
Kanto-7th
Sinnoh-8th
Johto-8th

Sorry for the details. :-\

Name: Kruk

Background: Tyranitar, if you want me to find a specific one, let me know.

Pokemon:T-tar, Mewtwo, Blaziken, Salamence, Weavile, and Skarmory(look at my sig)

Badges:(in order):The numbers are the badges not the order. Sinnoh-2nd, then 3rd. Hoenn - Forth, then last. Kanto-last, then second to last. Sinnoh - Last. Johto - Last. If you understood all that. (So the 'Sinnoh-2nd' is the second badge in the Sinnoh line, not the second badge that I want one there.) If I can only pick a set, then I'll take Kanto.

For neatness:
Sinnoh-2nd
Sinnoh-3rd
Hoenn-4th
Hoenn-Last(8th)
Kanto-8th
Kanto-7th
Sinnoh-8th
Johto-8th

Sorry for the details. :-\

Do you have a trainer sprite for me to use??

And for the background will this one work?:
tyranitar.jpg

Yes, that background is perfect.
And, would you be able to just use the 'Sir Aaron' one? (the one in my sig)

For everyone's viewing pleasure:
mecard.png

This was an experimental trainer card, and i think it turned out pretty well. I know that background isnt all too clear but still. What do you guys think??

Looks pretty good :p I might consider doing one like that for myself soon. Maybe try something more like a landscape for the bg, or well just the clouds without the dragonair to make the bad quality of the image show less.

That's awesome, you managed to choose my two most loved companions. ;D

Well then, i made an amazingly lucky guess.

[quote author=Jeydis link=topic=4144.msg58407#msg58407 date=1209952211]
Looks pretty good :p I might consider doing one like that for myself soon. Maybe try something more like a landscape for the bg, or well just the clouds without the dragonair to make the bad quality of the image show less.
[/quote]

Thanks, yeah i know the image wasn't the greatest. I wish i could've found the image i wanted, with better quality of course.

Can I request a new type of card?

Coordinator Card. It will work. Trust Teh Purple One.

Sorry it took me so long to reply, i haven't been able to get on lately. But yes i can do that, just give me all the details; how you want it set up, name, badges, those kind of things and i'll start on it as soon as i can.

*UPDATE!:* So i finally got my internet back!! so people start posting requests again and that'd be great!! =D

*EDIT!:* New Trainer Sprite along with a new trainer card!! Woot woot!!
guitarist-1.png
[br]
guitaristtrainercard.png

Last edited by a moderator:
can i get a trainer card with this sprite
mello-1.jpg

this as the backround

and make my sprite be with zangoose
party: Zangoose,Charizard,Houndoom,mightyana,absol,shiny meganium
name:yurashi
bages:Sinnoh

Wow...you're not half bad! Although you do seem to need to widen your range a bit and work continuously. And take all praising to heart. It's the best motivation ever to hear you've created something amazing, which brings me to say your cards and trainers are very improvise. You just seem to have one problem, you're transparently challenged. If you'd like, I'm willing to help. But only if you really need it and think it'd help.

Wow...you're not half bad! Although you do seem to need to widen your range a bit and work continuously. And take all praising to heart. It's the best motivation ever to hear you've created something amazing, which brings me to say your cards and trainers are very improvise. You just seem to have one problem, you're transparently challenged. If you'd like, I'm willing to help. But only if you really need it and think it'd help.

DayU: Thank you so very much. It's always nice to hear that someone likes my work. If you'd like to help with that, that'd be great. They would look so much better with a transparent background, but i just don't have a program to do it, and the tutorial for GIMP is for an older version and for some reason doesn't work with my newer version. So like i said if you want to help, that'd be great. Thanks again!! ;D

Teh Purple One: Your request is done, and here is your card!! ;D
tehpurplecard.png
I hope you like, and if you want a change made just reply to this post and i'll get it done as soon as i get the chance. ;D

And as an added bonus for everyone's viewing pleasure i did a couple revamps!!
revamps.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Teh Purple One: Your request is done, and here is your card!! ;D
tehpurplecard.png
I hope you like, and if you want a change made just reply to this post and i'll get it done as soon as i get the chance. ;D

I don't "like". I LOVE! That is so swickedly awesome, better than I pictures it! Thanks a couple of bunches!

DayU: Thank you so very much. It's always nice to hear that someone likes my work. If you'd like to help with that, that'd be great. They would look so much better with a transparent background, but i just don't have a program to do it, and the tutorial for GIMP is for an older version and for some reason doesn't work with my newer version. So like i said if you want to help, that'd be great. Thanks again!! ;D
Actually, I use GIMP 2.4 to do it, so maybe you're doing a different process that didn't explain it right. As long as you have Select by Color and Layer: Transparency: Add Alpha Channel, you should be able to do it. What version are you using? I also did it on GIMP 1.

Actually, I use GIMP 2.4 to do it, so maybe you're doing a different process that didn't explain it right. As long as you have Select by Color and Layer: Transparency: Add Alpha Channel, you should be able to do it. What version are you using? I also did it on GIMP 1.

Well it says GIMP 2.4.6, but i just got it and its not a program i'm farmiliar with...

[quote author=Teh Purple One link=topic=4144.msg65310#msg65310 date=1214916128]
I don't "like". I LOVE! That is so swickedly awesome, better than I pictures it! Thanks a couple of bunches!
[/quote]

I'm glad you like it. I wasn't too sure how it would turn out because i've never done one like that before but i thought it looked pretty good. I thought the background fit your description well, and again i'm glad you like it. ;D