• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Superpower High School Roleplay: Karma High

I'm just gonna make another OC bio because my last ones are kinda shitty in my opinion. Of course gonna wait for this to be accepted.
@Cryronn the Mudkip

Name: Ryo Hoshi
Gender/Pronouns: Male (he/him)
Sexuality: (he's not picky)
Height: 5'7"
Appearance: He has bright red eyes and brown hair with cyan, pink and yellow highlights. He's pretty average looking for his age, only very slightly more muscular than the average human. Surprisingly, he has no scars.
Personality: Ryo is a fun guy to be around. He's generally pretty accepting of others, and he's also brave to the point of recklessness. He's really surprised by his lack of scars.
Backstory/History: Ryo has been reckless all his life. He runs instead of walking, he never watched where he's going, he jumps into fights when someone needs help... yet somehow he has no scars. His lack of scars proved him lucky, but most of it owes to his abilities involving time.
Powers:
-Timerunner: Ryo can manipulate time for himself and others. He can send himself or others forward in time, and do the same thing with time reversal and time freezing. Of course, it has limits, as stopping time drains his energy a LOT and he can only reverse and fast forward by 5 seconds (with a 10 second cooldown).
Likes: Danger, screwing with time, his siblings (even Kaio), running around for no reason
Dislikes: Boring stuff
Relationships: His parents, 2 brothers and 1 sister.
Other: He's about as serious as a sleeping dog (specifically a chihuahua), which is the exact opposite of serious. On average.
House: Pegasus

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Decided to make another character
Name: Grayson Kreel
Gender/Pronouns: Male (He/Him)
Sexuality: Bisexual
Height: 6'2"
Appearance:
695783_0y02dZKM.png
Personality: Grayson is pretty laid back with a very camp speech pattern and maneurisms. He enjoys matchmaking and giving fashion tips alost as much as he enjoys a good nap. He is gentle and kind to most people unless you interrupt his nap or piss him off.
Backstory/History: Grayson's parents died in an accident when he was very young and he was taken in by a scientist who used Grayson as a guinea pig for his experiments, one of these experiments activated a latent Gene within him and brought his powers to fruition. He was taught how to control his newly discovered ability and was eventually taken in by a regular couple when the scientist was done with him, he grew up with them until the present.
Powers: Adaptoid - When Greayson touches any substance, he can consciously alter his molecules to transform his body into that substance. The effect lasts until Grayson changes back but he then has to touch the substance again. He has to be conscious to activate his ability meaning if he is knocked out he goes back to normal. He adopts the properties of the substances he mimics which is both a good and bad thing as he gains the benefits and negatives of those substances.
Dislikes: Studying, loud people, raccoons and mimicking sand
Relationships: None currently
Other: Sleeping Dog
House: Gryphon (Dorm 4)

Asuna's Burnout has Through the Fire and Flames as its theme. And Fuyuko's Spirit Dragon Takeover has Decisive battle (FFVI)

"What mom has identical...quadruplets? That's gotta be stressful."

Also, this line got me because I have a character who @=Nightshade= has encountered before. Her future from when she encountered her was that she had almost identical Quintuplets (4 girls, one boy) with her husband to be.

Asuna's Burnout has Through the Fire and Flames as its theme. And Fuyuko's Spirit Dragon Takeover has Decisive battle (FFVI)

Also, this line got me because I have a character who @=Nightshade= has encountered before. Her future from when she encountered her was that she had almost identical Quintuplets (4 girls, one boy) with her husband to be.
@Cmeriwether including links is helpful!
For Asuna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s (DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames (Official Video))
For Fuyuko: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAwLz4Nkoc4 (Decisive Battle (Final Fantasy VI) - GaMetal Remix (2021)) (This is the Remix I thought it sounded cooler)

And also Isolde: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8vQPSNvQb4 (OMORI - White space (ambient remix))

PLUS Pamela on the outside: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT91CrPPAqc (ポジティブ☆ダンスタイム/キノシタ(kinoshita) feat.音街ウナ・鏡音リン/Positive☆Dance Time)

A “new” character approacheth-!

Name:
Nera Vasquez
Gender/Pronouns: Female (she/her)
Sexuality: Bisexual
Height: 5’2”
Appearance: Nera is a rather unassuming Hispanic girl, with shaggy brown hair, and pure red eyes. She has a slender build- and a more impressive body than it might seem- given she usually wears baggy clothes that hide her figure. She has a bit of a slouched posture as well, and a constant bored look on her face.
Personality: Nera likes to think of herself as rational, reasonable, and down to earth. She is definitely that- unfortunately that makes her a bit of a dick. She’s not directly antagonistic on purpose- she just is incredibly blunt, and doesn’t mince her words. Nera has a longing for meaningful human connection, like most, but doesn’t express it as outwardly as her pragmatism.

Mind Seer:
If Nera looks someone in the eyes, she can form a link and see into their surface thoughts- able to hear their internal dialogue and an active feed of their planned actions as they form. With more sustained eye contact, she can push through to access deeper thoughts- like memories and core aspects of the human in question- though Nera is very thoughtful about privacy, thankfully.

Active Copy:
A side-evolution to her main power she developed in her early teens- allowing her to copy a baseline, untrained version of a person’s powers after she uses her Mind Seer ability on them. The deeper her Mind Seer is on that person, the stronger and more refined their power becomes when she uses it. The window for her to use Active Copy remains even after the link is severed- though only for about 5 minutes.
Isolde: "...If I hung out with her....People would stay away from me because she looks so scary!"
Nera, from this day on, saw a lot of Isolde. Jaime also see's way too much of her.

But I just wanna talk about how much of a power couple these two would be???
They would know everything between the two of them. If this was a Steven Universe roleplay instead, their fusion would be an eldritch God capable of seeing and knowing everything around them. Plus, Isolde benefits from her...disagreeable personality. Like that one Webtoon; 'Your Smile is a Trap' except neither of them are incredibly hot.

Last edited:
What’s currently happening and where is everybody? I’m a bit lost.

Also these songs fit Edric’s vibe, casual chaos:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qO3nwXtZ1mA (Duck Shuffler Battle Theme (EXTENDED) - Toontown Corporate Clash)

This is for truly serious situations:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BRPaPEF-H1o (Corporate Clash: BONUS ROUND)

Both of these fit at 1.25X speed, because he’s fast paced.
Everybody is just interacting in the cafeteria I think, but Pamela, who kinda needed to leave before Kim became at risk of heart attack.

Also, @Cryronn the Mudkip we should all probably solidify some teacher roles, y'know? We still only have one actual teacher named, one Principal, and nothing else. I have some ideas if you need them.

Potential Teacher Powers:
Eyedrop: Anybody who maintains eye contact for five seconds with this person falls into a deep sleep with increased health benefits
Parrot: They can emit any noise they've heard in the last month. They're vocal cords are also so developed that they can emit noises twice as loud as the typical human.
Vibration Suppression: They can absorb sound vibrations in the air to prevent them from being heard, thus creating silence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Y'all had me really studying and drawing diagrams trying to figure out what would be good theme for this Orion dude!

I settled on this banger here because I think, like everyone else's, it does a good job describing what Orion's like:

0:00 - 0:52 is really somber and melancholic, which symbolizes his episodes of low self-esteem, feeling inferior, overthinking and general self-consciousness.

BUT 0:54 onwards is just a straight party and I think it depicts what Orion can be like when he leaves his anxiousness and reliance on plans behind, trusts in his ability, simply goes with the flow!

(also please give ALI a listen; they're so underrated it's criminal. You're bound to find at least one track from them you won't be able to get out of your head, promise!)

Banan-chan

Previously QueOne
I discovered ALI thru Jujutsu Kaisen, and I've never looked back- ugh, what a great pick, Desperado is INCREEEDIBLE dude.

Also, let me just hold a fast poll! After my next post, who would be okay with simply moving to the last moments of the day to wrap everything up, and then move to the next day..?
I’m down for a time skip

I discovered ALI thru Jujutsu Kaisen, and I've never looked back- ugh, what a great pick, Desperado is INCREEEDIBLE dude.

Also, let me just hold a fast poll! After my next post, who would be okay with simply moving to the last moments of the day to wrap everything up, and then move to the next day..?

So long as Kim gets her question addressed, I am cool with a skip.

House Siren Head, bio Updated.

@Cryronn the Mudkip

Name: Keith Reginald "Reggie" Ironfist

Gender/Pronouns: Masculine (He/Him)

Sexuality: Straight/Taken

Height: 6'2"

Appearance (pictures can also be used): A tall young man with semi-long black and Grey hair, he has a scar running down his right eye, which is blind, his left is a bright blue. His frame is average for a man of his height and age. He wears gloves that are highly fire resistant due to part of his power.

Personality; Reggie is a fun loving, energetic person that has a cruel streak. In normal conditions, Reggie would Have fun or keep himself, and Riley entertained, however he despises Riley getting pranked. You will see that cruel side if she gets pranked.

Backstory/History: TBD (Will be revealed In RP)

Powers:

The Forgemaster: The Power of the Forgemaster is Three fold with abilities relating to a forge of a blacksmith.

Item crafting: Reggie Ironfist can use his power to create various items of varying usefulness. This power can craft the item as someone requests it, but the item must be a support item, such as The Necklace of Blindsight. He can maintain the properties on ten of these items for thirty days at a time, and one that has permanent duration. The current item with Permanent Duration is the Necklace of Blindsight that Riley Hathaway owns.

The Flames of the Forge: Reggie can light his hands on fire, and can imbue objects he is holding in his hand with the fire as well. The fire lasts one hour currently, and is resistant to water (Which means it takes either thirty minutes of steady rain, or getting hit by a large amount of water at once). This ability can also choose not to hurt the target, albeit this property is used rarely.

Metal Touched Form: Reggie can temporarily shut off access to his Flames of the Forge to become hardened Metal. The metal is non ferrous, non radioactive, and non precious as well as highly Enduring. His weight multipies by the Density of Samarium (7.52 g/cm³) while in this form. When this form wears off, he loses Maintenance on one non permanent support item, this item restores its properties in 12 hours. The metal is also resistant to Magical effects, such as a Spirit Dragon's Physical Barrage. The metal can take 7 hits from Godspeed at 100% before it has difficulty holding up.

Dislikes: Getting Pranked, Riley Hathaway getting Pranked, People poking fun at his blind eye.

Relationships: Riley Hathaway (Girlfriend), Reginald Ironfist (Father), His mother is Estranged, and has no siblings.

Other: Sleeping Dog. His Item Crafting power is the main reason he ended up in Siren.

Sounds like a plan. I'll post tomorrow, sorry for dying a bunch, right now is really turbulent- I also failed my first attempt at a driving test so I was admmitedly feeling Not Great™
No problem, take it easy. As for driving, don't let it bother you. Come success or failure, what choice do we ever have but to keep moving forward?

I trust you'll do just that and everything will come together in its own time

Last edited: