• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Super Smash Bros.: War Under Lock and Key (Discussion/Sign-Ups)

@Godjacob @Rohan Kishibe @GreninjaTrainer013 @Comic @DopeLeafeon470 @StormingCobra55 @BurbleBurble @Pro Hero Dekiru @Ratbag the Coward

Yes I got the idea for this from Super Dragon Ball Heroes, shshsh.

What would happen if some of the greatest fighters from across the multiverse were gathered in a battle to the end?
The musings of a man with multiversal power are intriguing, and sometimes boredom leads to lapses in judgement. For the sake of pure entertainment, strong warriors have been gathered into this chained, fusion world to do battle.
The rules are simple - allied or alone, the fighters must earn a certain number of battle points to cross between four chained-together worlds. They must visit all four - the World of Fire, World of Water, World of Earth and World of Air - before they are allowed to enter the World of Aether, and return to their own worlds.
Let the games begin.

The idea for this RP is the same as the monologue above says - the Smash characters are all thrown together on a fusion world and have to earn points by defeating others. Alliances will be made and broken, but in the end it's really an excuse to have a bunch of Smash characters fight each other. What? It's what Smash is about.
The list of characters comprises of Smash Ultimate's entire roster as well as a few newcomers. If you want to take a newcomer, feel free to suggest them for my approval. I'll also need to be assured of the quality of your writing before you're allowed in.
01/18: Mario/Dr. Mario -
02: Donkey Kong - @Comic
03: Link (Breath of the Wild) -
04/29: Samus Aran/Zero Suit Samus - @Godjacob
04E: Dark Samus -
05: Yoshi -
06: Kirby -
07: Fox McCloud -
08: Pikachu -
09: Luigi - @Comic
10: Ness -
11: Captain Douglas Jay Falcon - @StormingCobra55
12: Jigglypuff -
13: Princess Peach Toadstool -
13E: Princess Daisy Toadstool -
14: King Bowser Koopa Sr. - @Godjacob
15: Popo and Nana/Ice Climbers -
16: Sheik (Ocarina of Time) -
17: Princess Zelda Hyrule (Breath of the Wild) -
19: Pichu -
20: Falco Lombardi -
21: Prince Marth -
21E: Princess Lucina - @Eeveechu151
22: Young Link (Majora's Mask) -
23: Ganondorf Dragmire (Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess) -
24: Mewtwo - @Fraseandchico
25: Roy -
25E: Exalt Chrom - @Eeveechu151
26: Mr. Game and Watch -
27: Meta Knight -
27E: Galacta Knight -
28: Pit -
28E: Dark Pit -
30: Wario - @Eeveechu151
31: Solid Snake - @Comic
32: Ike - @StormingCobra55
33/34/35: Red - @Eeveechu151
33: Squirtle - @Eeveechu151
34: Ivysaur -
35: Charizard -
33E/34E/35E: Blue -
33E: Blastoise -
34E: Bulbasaur -
35E: Charmelion -
36: Diddy Kong -
36E: Dixie Kong -
37: Lucas -
37E: Claus -
38: Sonic the Hedgehog - @Eeveechu151
38E: Shadow the Hedgehog -
39: King Dedede -
40: Olimar -
40E: Louie -
41: Lucario - @StormingCobra55
42: Robotic Operating Buddy -
43: Toon Link (Phantom Hourglass) -
44: Wolf O'Donnell -
45: Villager -
46: DLN-001 Rock/Mega Man - @Eeveechu151
46E: DLN-000 Blues/Proto Man -
47: Wii Fit Trainer -
48: Rosalina and Luma -
49: Little Mac - @StormingCobra55
50: Greninja - @Godjacob
51/52/53: Miis (The non-combatants)-
54: Palutena -
54E: Viridi - @Eeveechu151
55: Pac-Man -
56: Robin (M) - @Fraseandchico
57: Shulk - @Eeveechu151
57E: Jin - @Eeveechu151
58: Prince Bowser Koopa Jr. -
58E: Literally all of the Koopalings -
59: Dog and Duck/Duck Hunt Duo -
60: Ryu -
60E: Ken Masters -
61: Cloud Strife -
62: Corrin (F) - @Godjacob
63: Bayonetta -
64: Agent 3 -
64E: Agent 8 - @Fraseandchico
65: Ridley -
66: Simon Belmont -
66E: Richter Belmont -
67: King K.Rool -
68: Isabelle -
69: Shantae - @Eeveechu151
69E: Risky Boots -
70: Skull Kid (Majora's Mask):
71: Bandana Waddle Dee - @Eeveechu151
72: Geno -
73: Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik - @Eeveechu151
74: Decidueye -
75: Rex and Pyra - @Eeveechu151
76: Banjo and Kazooie -
77: Shovel Knight -
77E: Black Knight -
78: Sora - @Godjacob
79: Bomberman -
80: Phoenix Wright and Maya Fey - @Eeveechu151
80E: Miles Edgeworth and Dick Gumshoe -
Sorry if this isn't the best explanation, I can answer any questions you might have about the plot as long as you ask.

Last edited:
That doesn't really cement a connection, though. Characters like Cloud and Ryu may have similar lacks of connections, but they're some of the most iconic and recognizable characters in gaming... I'm gonna say no to Ragna. Sorry.

Alright, I shouldn't do more freakin RPs cause I will literally kill myself at this pace, but screw it. I'll take my girl Samus & Bowser (So that somebody plays a villain XD)

Also for recs. Banjo Kazooie, Bomberman, Shovel Knight & Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

For the record, I've already taken Dr. Eggman as a character. They're yours!
Banjo seems like he'd work. Shovel Knight probably would as well. I'm on the fence about Bomberman and Sora, though...

For the record, I've already taken Dr. Eggman as a character. They're yours!
Banjo seems like he'd work. Shovel Knight probably would as well. I'm on the fence about Bomberman and Sora, though...

Super Bomberman R is on the Nintendo Switch. Kingdom Hearts games have been on Nintendo consuls for a fair while. And Sora makes as much sense as Cloud does. If not more, given his design "fits" Smash better and he's more unique as a swordsmen.

Fair, Sora is a pretty iconic character, definitely Square's second-most famous. And he does have wide moveset potential, as seen in Smash Flash 2. But Bomberman...?

Eh, I guess he works. He's certainly iconic and helps with classic-era representation. With the new newcomers added in, Godjacob, do you want to take any of them?
Also, I think I'll be adding Phoenix Wright and Maya Fey in as more newcomers. They're iconic, Nintendo-exclusive and have already worked well in a fighting game.

Eh, I guess he works. He's certainly iconic and helps with classic-era representation. With the new newcomers added in, Godjacob, do you want to take any of them?
Also, I think I'll be adding Phoenix Wright and Maya Fey in as more newcomers. They're iconic, Nintendo-exclusive and have already worked well in a fighting game.

I'll take my boy Sora~! Gotta represent my Avatar after all XD

Also one final recommendation. Isaac from Golden Sun. Pretty much the only major Nintendo first-party to never make it in as a Smash Game rep.

Ehhhhhhhhhh I've heard a lot about Isaac but unless more people want him in I'm going to keep him out. Most people don't even know what a Golden Sun is.

I mean, if Smash went with "it's obscure we don't use them" then you'd never have gotten Ness, Captain Falcon or Marth in a Smash Game to begin with.

I support Isaac being in!

I know who Imma suggest now! Goku, Nope! just kidding! I suggest Tethu from Ever Oasis! He may seem like an odd choice, but there a lot of things that work. First. Ever Oasis was published by Nintendo(Also, the creators worked on Majoras' Mask 3D). 2. Tethu has access to all kinds of weapons and he has his Green Gale(which could act as his neutral(Can be charged), or his up special to push him up, and his smash attacks.), His sword can act as most of his attacks, and his some of his companions can be used!

And by an agenda, I mean getting Fire Emblem released in the west.

I mean, Ness & Captain Falcon were probably just as much of an agenda. To promote their series as well.

It's just Nintento really wanted Fire Emblem to work in the West, given it was the bigger series back home.

I was just making a point Marth is not the only agenda pick.

Also can Mario have Cappy?

And I'll probably need tips on how to portray Corrin's personality/how she reacts to the other Fire Emblem characters given I only know she has a chain sword and can turn into a dragon.

I feel like giving Mario Cappy would be pretty OP given the scenario, as he can possess foes and make them take themselves down.
And uh, if that's all you know about Corrin, mmmmmmmaybe someone else should take her...

I feel like giving Mario Cappy would be pretty OP given the scenario, as he can possess foes and make them take themselves down.
And uh, if that's all you know about Corrin, mmmmmmmaybe someone else should take her...

Eh, it's not like I know nothing. Corrin is royalty and more importantly someone caught between two royal families. I get her backstory, I just wanted tips on specific character interactions.

What I got from Corrin in the amount of fates I played(as well as Warriors), Corrin is peace-loving, and is nowhere near as good as a tactician as say, Robin. So she leaves that to her siblings. She is extremely protective of her friends and families. Eeveechu knows more than me.(I haven't beat ALL of fates, ok.)

What I got from Corrin in the amount of fates I played(as well as Warriors), Corrin is peace-loving, and is nowhere near as good as a tactician as say, Robin. So she leaves that to her siblings. She is extremely protective of her friends and families. Eeveechu knows more than me.(I haven't beat ALL of fates, ok.)

Alright this works for me. Got the sense she'd pick the peaceful route of the three options. Thanks.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
alright, now that i've established my hold on Snake, i'm just gonna subtly claim a couple more characters.
i want... Luigi and...
hm...
Donkey Kong.