• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

~Sprites de naanny~

Okay, since Pokecarms was down I've gotten much better at spriting; I am only going ot post recent stuff. Well, here ish mah work. ^^
HarleyRyan.png
Request
KirisSprite.png
Request
MunchlaxCosplayer.png
Munchlax cosplay
LexiCaf.png
One of my charries for roleplaying. (I don't RP here, though.)
FormalLexi.png
Same charrie, in a dress.
OceanTrainerCard.png
Random card I made for another roleplaying site.
Ami.png
Another OC with matching overworld.
I believe that is it~^^.I do take requests, just explain what you would like me to make. I can do just about anything I guess.

ooh, I like the feathers on it =D

I like the idea you made it like an outfit based on the person instead of the person looking like they're in a costume. Some of the sprites in the first post could use some more shading though.

Also, I've seen the character in the last sprite in a lot of places, are you sure it's your OC?

I admit the shading could use some work. When I work with the color black it isn't always easy for me to shade, sometimes I may choose a color too dark and then the shading would be too dark and blend in with the outlining.

Thanks for the compliment. ^^

Did you see the acutal sprite or a drawing? I based it off of a drawing (I don't like/am not an art thief) because I really don't like using other people's pictures with just giving credit instead of permission.

Now, I will show/attempt things such as walking and mugshots. Basically every type of sprite I didn't do yet.
LexiMugShot.png
Mugshot for one of my OCs
Walking.png
Walkie for Lexi, hair down.
Umporeon.png
Mixes of Umbreon and Vaporeon, and the Hoenn starters.
NidoqueenRevamp.png
Nidoqueen revamp
GHDeVMP.png
Gorebyss and Huntail Devamps

Naany, the only comment I have about your mugshot in the last post was that the pigtails look rather stiff and pixelated. Maybe you could soften them by adding some pixels around the edges to 'soften' it.

In the second (walkie is the word you are searching for), the head is a little small, and the shading in the knees is a little off.

Ooooh, nice. I like these two splices. Vaporeon now looks quite demonic. I like it. On the other, OMG, fishy chicken!

On the last two, those devamps and revamps are nicely done. However, the Nidoqueen looks a little off.

I'd say your critique is fair. I can't really change the head to make it bigger without deleting it, so my improvement list looks like this:
1. Less stiff ponytails; add light grey pixels
2. Fix knee shading
Also, what you you mean by "off"? Like, I should've kept the black outline of the spikes instead of making it lighter at the bright tips?

And don't forget, those are my first attempts at those types of sprites.

Oh, sorry! Naany, I apologize for forgetting to define 'off.' In my opinion, in reference to this, it means not horribly wrong, but wrong enough to make it look odd. In relation to the legs of the walkie, it looks like half the leg is darker than the other with no gradient in between.

I don't mean to butt in and be rude, but, I think what Secad is trying to say is that the shading sort of makes the legs look more like sticks.

Also, nice work ^^

Thanks. ^^ The Huntail sprite was kind of hard, blue and orange are completely different colors. I'm pretty proud of it, something just looks cool about it.

Back.png
Backsprite of my favorite OC
Element.png
Request... I think.

Bump!
Snowe.png
Fakemon that my friend, Shell, made.
Meh.png
Sprited version of me in a dress.
Beach.png
Sprited version of me in a... bathing suit. xD
PoisonGymLeader.png
Random kimono old lady.
Contestshipping.png
I'm really into contestshipping, so I made this. Inspired by StellarWindElsydeon's avatar.
ToriWinter.png
Random person, couldn't decide on which color for the coat.
TicketCashier.png
Another random person.
VBCosplayers.png
Volbeat and Illumise cosplayers.
ActualTrainerCard.png
An old trainer card I believe I submitted awhile ago. I think the Mew ruins it (lol pun).
DeoxyxBall.png
Deoxys themed pokeball.
Something is wrong with photobucket and it wouldn't upload the saved image, so I have to upload it from my computer. I moved the shells and improved the outline on the tails.

For some reason, the sprites in this post get better and better.
I like the bag the 'Random Person' has, althought the person's width is a bit odd.
The deoxys themed pokeball is wonderful, as is the trainer card.
I don't think the Mew ruins it.
The mermaids are wonderful, especially the shading on the tails (I counted 5 different colours on them) and I could imagine those sprites in a pokemon game.
Keep up the good work!!

I think the 'another random person' is really good, except the lime green does not go well. Maybe try a different shade of green?

The mermaids are amazing. I love the blue tail.

I agree, the mermaid's tails are beautiful. If you were to move the boobs over to the right just a smidge, it would help them follow the rest of the body better, 'cuz yeah, they do look a little out of place right now.

The thing with the "another random person" is that I tried to make her look like she was in a uniform, and she was inspired by visits to the arcade. The bright green was basically the point, to make it look like a uniform. Notice the tickets in her hand. The sun stone was sort of like a "prize".

I will fix the mermaids, I didn't spend too much time on the posistioning of the shells, so I'll fix that. While I'm at it, I'll get rid of that pixel that creates an odd indent in the tail.

Meh, can't do those cosplayers. >_< I might finish them eventually though, but don't get your hopes up. But, I bring you a witch, a strawberry shortcake person, and two clowns!
todolist.png

Cute! I love the Candy Corn Cleffa. (Oooh, alliteration XD) I want to huggle it and eat it, maybe at the same time! D:

Nice trainer. However, on the mugshot, something is amiss with the cheeks. Are those freckles, or rogue pixels?

Yep, freckles!
I've started a spriting service on another site, and have been doing a bunch of requests there.
Gijinka.png

Driftloon.png

PR.png

BlueButton.png
And, a little button~! ^^

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
hi naanny can you do a trainer sprite of my avatar her bottom half is black jeans with chain belt and dark brown boots plz

Lots of new sprites... No explanation for you :p
oie_oie_animation.gif

OWanimate.gif

Karen.png

Newbutton.png

Adventure.png

I've got a new OC, and I had lots of fun doing the overworld sprite for her.
Annie.png

Izzy.png

NPC.png

The animation is well done, but I noticed something: it seems that her wand gets swapped over in the last 'casting' pose, from (what I think, I need tea) right to left. Not to mention that the last pose the legs don't seem to 'flow' with the dynamic poses of the first two - I should think that a more feet-spread stance might work better.

Your OC sprites are silly nice, espcially the flower headband.

(Why so many short skirts?)

Basically just a test of OIE animation, it was the first trainer sprite animation I tried, so it would have some flaws.
I never noticed that I sprited so many short skirts. :p
EDIT:Felt like doing some mapping, credit for thia tileset goes to ~KageNoSensei on Deviantart.
LaluanIslands.png

Island2.png

Island3.png

Bump and more stuffs.
Sheena.png
I tried out a new style of shading... I really like it. =]
Milotic.png
Milotic mermaid thing~
I really like to animate overworlds now.
Walk.gif

Tropius.gif

Mantine.gif

hi :) if you're taking requests can i ask for a chingling cosplayer please? and i think the sprite is the little girl, if thats actually the name ^_^"

lol if you can message me thanx ;D

Chingling.png

Sorry it took so long! With winter break I had a million tests to study for and forgot about this a little...
Miki1.png

Also, I'm obsessed with new Vocaloid Miki now. I knwo there are lines on her elbows and knees; those are supposed to be there.

Thanks!
By hand? Well... I put all the tiles together by myself, but I didn't make the tiles.

New sprites, I tried to focus more on the character design than the actual spriting. The best I could think of is a bow with hair streak... Then I decided to make her into a non-ranger.
iCasual.png

Thanks!
By hand? Well... I put all the tiles together by myself, but I didn't make the tiles.
Yeah, that's what I meant. I do believe there are programs where you can simply put in the tiles and it generates maps for you, or something. or at least makes it easier. >>

I have an OC that looks a lot like the first trainer with the grey bow! o.o lmao you make me wanna sprite her, too bad i suck T_T and the one with the yellow bow looks great! nice work, keep it up (:

Yeah, that's what I meant. I do believe there are programs where you can simply put in the tiles and it generates maps for you, or something. or at least makes it easier. >>
Oh, it really isn't /that/ hard, but when you have to put the grass to beach tiles in, it gets monotonous. I found a guide on dA:
http://kagenosensei.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-mapping-tutorial-139507244