• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Sonic: On The Run

(Discussion Thread: https://pokecharms.com/threads/sonic-rp.16898/)

Cue To A Blue Blur, Running Faster than The Speed Of Sound, Through The Green Hill zone, It was The Hero, Sonic the hedgehog! Just Going For A Casual 100,000,000,000 Metre Jog. Y'know, Casual.

Meanwhile, A Strange Hedgehog Was Hanging From A Wall, In The Local Museum That Had Just Opened A New Exhibit, A Shiny Emerald The Colour Of Gold, This Hedgehog Knew this As One Of The Seven Lightning Emeralds, The Hedgehog, Called Theifneik, Saw the Emerald, And Used His Powers To Pull It, As Soon As It Reached His Hand, An Alarm Rang, But Theifneik Was Gone.

Sonic Did Not Hear The Alarm, He Just Kept Running.

Meanwhile, Tails was in his laboratory. He was working on an updated version of the Tornado, not knowing of the recent news of the theft of the Lightning Emerald. After some work, he still hadn't gotten a message from Shadow. It had been a while since he last heard of him. "Phew! The Tornado is back on track. Got the new updates ready, and we can take this one for a test flight!" He spoke.

Vector was sitting in his office, reading a newspaper when a phone call interrupted him. He took the phone: "Hello, this is the Chaotix Detective Agency" He stood silent as the voice of the phone started to talk. "Well, yeah, so somebody stole a Gem, right..." He took again the newspaper and continued reading it. "Yeah, we'll help you kindly as long as you can pay our honoraries, and I can assure you that they are not cheap. We offer a great quality service and if you hire our services..." Vector dropped the newspaper when he heard the quantity that they offered him. "What?! Really?! Say no more, we got a deal." The crocodile quickly got up from his chair and went to the Museum, leaving first a note for Charmy and Espio telling them about their new case.

It wasn't every day that you would hear that an emerald had been stolen. Sure, it was the lightning emerald, or one of them at least, who knew how many there were at this point. It wasn't like Noah knew. Most of the information that she had heard about the robbery was word of mouth, at best, from her other friends. She could only wonder why someone would steal an emerald in the first place.

Only a select few could use them, anyways, at least from what Noah knew about them. She had gone to the museum itself in an attempt to see the exhibit that had been burglarized, but it had already had a police presence. Noah groaned quietly, slipping past the group that had formed up at the front in order to actually enter the museum.

Wow, was the place a mess. Well, the entire area was in disarray, police officers talking with various patrons, other Mobians wandering around, mostly gathering to the exhibit that had been robbed. It was a bit dumb to have an emerald of any kind right there on display for anyone to steal, but the fact no one had noticed it being stolen was just strongly suspicious.

Noah had gotten into a few shady deals before, but the fact that they were this negligent made it feel like there was other reasons for this to have happened, but that was just her own opinion. She slid through the crowd, much unlike the species she had come from, eventually arriving to the platform the emerald supposedly once stood.

It had probably gotten more attention when stolen than it had when it was not, as ironic as that was. Now to just wait for some type of announcement to be made by the police on a suspect, to which she would launch her own investigation to find whoever did it, because it was pretty damn impressive to steal an emerald in any circumstance, and she kinda wanted to congratulate whoever did it.

Espio was tossing his kunai into a wanted poster for Doctor Eggman when Vector charged in. "What's the job?" the chameleon said, seeing the look in Vector's eye. "And how much is the pay, to get you that excited?"

Mighty the Armadillo was walking through Station Square, alongside his best pal Ray. They were looking into leads on a special project, alongside another friend of theirs. Ray was tinkering with a communicator he had picked up, trying to find some sort of wavelength to talk to someone. Mighty walked by, when he saw a television.
"This just in. A mysterious hedgehog-like figure just stole a gem from the Topaz Museum for Gemstones. The thief was captured on film very briefly, in a blurry shot. GUN Commander Abraham Tower has stated that this thief is not Sonic the Hedgehog, nor the GUN agent Shadow the Hedgehog. The investigation continues, attempting to find any possible clues."
"I guess Metallix can wait for a bit. You want to check that out instead?" Mighty said, nodding to the TV.
"Why not? It'll be a fun call-back to our old Chaotix days!" Ray replied. The two dashed off towards the museum.

Vector laughed a little. "You know me, so trust me, it's a good offer. Probably, it is going to be a difficult case, but the reward worths it... It's the case of the month... No... Of the year! And all of us will get a piece of that reward once the case is finished. I'll just say that it will be enough to spend three months without any other case. So you can imagine..." Then, the crocodile took the newspaper and showed him one of the frontal news. "Look. It looks like someone has stolen a Lightning Emerald from the local museum, and the owner wants us to return it intact. I am sure that it won't be easy, but we'll have, as I said, more than a deserved reward." Then, he opened the door of the Agency and went out. "Come on, Espio! We have no time to loose! To the Local Museum, now! We have to find out who is the responsible and where is the responsible of it."

"Huh..." Noah couldn't help but stare at the empty display now. It was surreal, to see the museum packed up like this. Noah hadn't been to it in a year, solely because the idea of a museum bored the living hell out of her. She looked around, her gaze at least resting upon nearly every single Mobian in the room.

Shouldn't the heroes of this world at least show up in some manner? Such as perhaps at least checking to make sure it was fine where they were? An emerald was important, after all, wasn't it? Sure as hell didn't seem like it, especially if it was this easy to steal. Anyone who was anyone knew that an appearance by them for this situation was long overdo.

She didn't know them personally, by no means, but man, it'd be kinda cool to meet them in person. Now that Noah thought about it, that's probably why the crowd was here.

Back at the city, Shadow was keeping an eye on things from afar. He had taken a break from GUN after a while, though he didn't really care about the theft of the Lightning Emerald. The only thing he was searching for was the Black Comet, despite defeating it a long time ago, he had gotten word from GUN that it had been spotten far off in the Solar System. He then Chaos Controlled away.

Vector finally reached the museum. "Alright, alright. Time to earn the pay." He said. Then, he approached the door of the museum, but a few cops and museum staff got in his way. After several minutes explaining that they were hired for helping in the case, the people there allowed the entrance to the Crocodile and the rest of his team. "We'll do this, I'll talk with the security staff and I'll ask for the recordings of the cameras, so we can know the people that we are looking for. You can inspect the scene of the theft; I'm sure that you'll be more careful and patient than me..." The Crocodile said to Espio.

Omega was in the GUN Headquarters. He recently heard about the theft of one of the Lightning Emeralds, but he really didn't mind. He only knew that the GUN was starting to investigate it. At this moment, he couldn't do too much: His specialty was attacking and not investigating. He was going to leave all that boring work to whoever wanted to do it.

Her ears pricked back in apprehension, and Noah had slowly backed out of the room. There was too many people for her liking now, so she would go back to the main room. It wasn't that crowded in a certain corridor, so she would hide there. Sure, there was a crocodile--...you didn't see those around here often. Noah poked their head up above the small crowd she had seen the crocodile in and gave up after a short while.

Chaos, this was a disappointing find. Just a crocodile that she had glanced at for a brief moment. Her friends wouldn't believe her.

Espio nodded. "Hope the pay's enough to pay for rent this week." The chameleon began to jump around, analyzing the area. Hmm.. the vents have a small electric discharge. Seems like this was created about at the time of the theft. Probably the thief. Espio began walking on the ceiling, following the charge. It went in many directions, until Espio finally found its source. So the thief entered from the vent cover on the south wall... interesting. It feels like they didn't create the charge on purpose. In that case, there's a high likelihood they generate it unconsciously. Espio dashed back over to Vector. "Vector. My analysis so far tells me we're looking for someone who generates an electromagnetic field."
Mighty and Ray arrived at the museum then, surprised to see Vector and Espio. "Oh. Hey, guys." Mighty said, waving.
"Wait, Mighty?!" Espio replied, shocked at the armadillo's appearance.

"Generates electromagnetic fields?!" Asked Vector, amazed, but still confused. "You mean... A robot? Or something like that?" Well, wait a moment. He continued asking the security guards. They couldn't add more information about the responsible of it. Vector took a small notebook and a pen and started writing what they knew at that moment. Then, he asked the guards to see the recordings that really showed the culprit. Despite being just some seconds of videos, he analyzed them for several minutes. He could see that the thief was wearing something... A custome, maybe of a Ninja, and that one of his fists was strangely different, though he couldn't tell what.

He returned to the place where he had been talking with Espio before, still writing the new discoveries about the thief. "Well, I don't have all the pieces of evidence I expected to have. A Certain Museum should improve the quality of his cameras... It may be one of the Eggman Robots, but I can't still..." He looked up from his notebook and saw Ray and Mighty. "Hey! I didn't expect you seeing you two around here! What's up?"

"Nothing much, Vector. We were looking into a case of our own, and decided to come help out here as a small distraction." Mighty replied, walking over.
"Well, I'm glad you're here." Espio said. "Any help we can get is welcome, especially with Charmy gone to meet with Saffron. Vector, I noticed something else. The only thing hit in this museum was the one gem. Perhaps if we stake out other similar gems, we can catch the thief red-handed."
"Yeah! A classic Chaotix case!" Ray replied. "We'll help however we can. Wish Charmy and Knux were with us, though. Then we'd have the whole gang!"

Tails, after taking the Tornado for a test spin, entered the museum, hearing of the crime from his Miles Electric. "Oh! Everyone!" He spoke, once he spotted everyone. "It's been a pretty long time. Are you investigating the crime of the Lightning Emerald?"

"Well, who knows... Maybe they'll join us later." Vector laughed, though he was thinking about the money. With more people in the case, working with them, he would win less money, but he didn't mind at all. Then, he saw a new face. "Oh, hi Tails. Yeah, we should meet more often. Not too much here, the museum staff has hired us for the case. I've been suspecting of Eggman, though I'm not very sure of it. I believe that he is using one of his new robots for stealing the Lightning Emeralds."

(Well, back from my ten day holiday!)
Sonic finished his run at the city, as he stopped, he saw a large crowd surrounding the museum, he said
"Huh, that's weird." He spotted everyone, he ran over, and when there in 0.0001 seconds, he said "hey guys! What's up!?"

Vector saw Sonic entering the scene. "Oh, hi Sonic. Don't you know it? I supposed that you would know by now. A mysterious figure has stolen a Lightning Emerald in the museum. I personally suspect of Eggman, yet still, I am not completely sure about that, but due to his antecedents and the clues we have..." Vector showed him the notes he had taken in the museum. "... It is quite probable that this theft is all one of his ideas. My team is going to make him a visit, or maybe we can try to find another one of those Emeralds and try to make that thing that is stealing them fall into a trap. You know him better than us, Sonic, so maybe it would be a good idea if you visit him instead of us. Personally, I don't even have a clue of where to find him."

"Perhaps he's returned to Metropolis Zone?" Mighty proposed, walking over. "Ray and I were there with a friend just a few weeks ago, working on a personal case. We found activity there, but not all of it was because of our target's appearance. I wouldn't be surprised if Eggman had set up a hidden bunker there."