• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Snorlax Revamp

Can you suggest a moveset for a Snorlax? He's going to be used as a wall, so EV's will be focused in HP and Defense. He needs moves that will take out Physical attackers quickly, to keep them from preying on his tiny Def. stat, as well as a recovery or Defense boosting move.

Thanks!

You seem to know your stuff so im surprised you cant come up with anything.

Snorlax Tank is traditionaly a curse tank. I like Curse, rest and 2 attacks personaly. I think that is what most people run. Status help from your other team mates is always a plus when stalling so having some toxic spikes up would be best. Attacks I use are usually Body Slam/Return and an elemental punch.

170 HP / 120 Def / 220 SpD typical spread, tailor to your needs on the team. Item is Leftovers, nature is Careful and trait I would go for thick fat since rest gets rid of poison anyway.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Doing things quickly is not something Snorlax is the best at - It will nearly always move slower and won't be able to withstand too many physical attacks without curse to back it up [including full HP and Defense EVs]. If you want Snorlax to be a great wall, I would suggest shifting Defense EVs into special defense and running a set around substitute.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Careful Nature [Adamant can work as well, for a bit more power]
Thick Fat recommended, Immunity will work though
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Crunch
-Body Slam
EVs: HP + Sp. Defense or Attack + Sp. Defense.
Send in against a special attacker [especially one with Fire/Ice STAB in the case of Thick Fat] use substitute to scout for a switch. From there use whatever you see fit. Body Slam anything you suspect is going to try and use Whirlwind/Roar, as it's your only chance of stopping them.

If you're absolutely certain you want defense EVs, then running a standard Curse set is going to be your best bet as Jeydis said.. and Snorlax won't really be fulfilling the role of 'wall' at this point.

The problem with snorlax, even with hp and def investment, he's still not the big defensive force, as he has a weakness that is pretty common: fighting.

What Ruko said is totally true, I play a similiar Snorlax, but instead of Substitute I use Choice band, and just predict what will come in next, and try to hit it hard.
So Im kind of trading rukos safe Snorlax set for one that works on prediction. Which has some downsides, but I like it.
I also run pursuit on it, because I think that a Snorlax that pursuits others is a funny thought, and to trap psychic types/ghosts.

When you know that the opponent has no ghosts with him you can just Bodyslam and hope for the paralyze hax, that alone is fun.

Snorlax is a good special wall with offensive features, so I would use it as that.

Jeydis said:
You seem to know your stuff so im surprised you cant come up with anything.

Snorlax Tank is traditionaly a curse tank. I like Curse, rest and 2 attacks personaly. I think that is what most people run. Status help from your other team mates is always a plus when stalling so having some toxic spikes up would be best. Attacks I use are usually Body Slam/Return and an elemental punch.

170 HP / 120 Def / 220 SpD typical spread, tailor to your needs on the team. Item is Leftovers, nature is Careful and trait I would go for thick fat since rest gets rid of poison anyway.

I think I'll use this one. I've never seriously used a Pokemon that utilizes curse, so I guess it's worth a shot.