• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Snapdragon fails at metagame. XD

Yeah. I suck at EV training and I keep changing my mind about which Pokemon to use. XD Save me, Pokecharms-people.

dpffa424.png

Gacky @ King's Rock
Jolly
Technician
252 Atk/252 Spd/6 or whatever in HP.

Fake Out
Fling
Double Hit
U-Turn

Guerrilla warfare. Fake Out then Fling for two flinches in a row, then either finish with Double Hit or, in the event of Ghost/Rock/Steel Pokemon, U-Turn the crap on outta there.

dpffb105.png

Leysa @ Thick Club
Adamant
Rock Head
I have no idea for EVs. XD Attack for sure.

Iron Head
Bonemerang
Stone Edge
Double-Edge

Not a lot to say here. Iron Head for Ice-types, Stone Edge for flying.

dpmfsa470.png

Amaryll @ _____?
Adamant
Leaf Guard
Again, I dunno about EVs. Attack, defense, maybe speed.

Leaf Blade
Synthesis
Roar/Dig/X-Scissor/Bite?
Toxic/Aerial Ace/Iron Tail?

I really don't know with this guy. XD Help.

dpmfa461.png

Thierry @ Focus Sash
Naughty (Yeah, I know. :/)
Pressure
252 Attack/252 Speed/6 Sp. Def

Brick Break
Night Slash
Aerial Ace
Ice Punch

He just does what Weaviles are meant to do. Wrecks the crap outta stuff until he dies. XD Aerial Ace for fighting types, though it's admittedly not enough to one-shot most of them. Brick Break for Steel and Rock types.

dpffa094.png

Currently Nonexistant Gengar @ Wise Glasses?
Timid
Levitate
Sp. Atk and Speed, probably also HP.

Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Hypnosis/Confuse Ray/hell if I know.

I tend to like physical attackers a lot more than special ones. XD This is my attempt to bring balance.

dpmfa134.png

Aonyx @ Leftovers
Calm
Water Absorb
252 HP/252 Sp. Atk/6 Sp. Def
Wish
Substitute
Shadow Ball
Surf

More special attacking, whee. I know he's better suited for defense than offense, but I think he makes a pretty good sweeper.

Well, for Leafeon, try this:
Nature: Adamant
Item: Heat Rock/ The Physical counterpart of the Wise Glasses
Evs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
- Leaf Blade
- Synthesis/Body Slam?
- HP Rock/Roar
- Aerial Ace/Sunny Day

Leaf Blade for STAB.
Synthesis for Healing with Sunny Day to increase how much it heals.
Body Slam to deal heavy damage?
HP Rock to deal with Leafeon's Weaknesses.
Roar to force the opponent to switch if unfavourable.
Aerial Ace for reliablity and Bug Types.
Sunny Day to help Synthesis and activate its ability.

This set probably won't be to great, but it's a start.

BTW: I like your Marowack and Ambipom movesets.

Sunny Day is a double edged sword for a grass type to use.

Can't fault you, that's some kind of awesome team you have there. Liking the flinch idea on Ambipom; seen other guys use it before, annoys like hell. Only input I could give is perhaps use return over double hit.

I sure hope I don't have to battle you anytime soon..

So do I. XD Anywho, maybe you should replace the Leafion with a fire type because your Leafeon and Wevile are weak to it. You should consider a Spiritomb a good investment to add to your team.

I'll Challenge you to a Single battle to see who fails at metagme most when you have your team.

Plapti: ??? Leafeon can't learn Body Slam. Amaryll's Hidden Power is Dragon, but it has a base power of like... 30, so I won't be using it. I'd also rather not use Sunny Day, since it only actually benefits Amaryll. In fact, it hinders Aonyx and Thierry.

Dreampirate: I planned on using Double Hit for STAB + Technician power boosts, though I guess it doesn't have the same punch that it would with a Silk Scarf. Guess I'll have to do some number crunching before I'm battle-ready. XD

Nachoman: It's a King's Rock for a reason. Gacky's moveset revolves entirely around speed. With an iron ball slowing her down, she wouldn't last too long. Besides, flinging a King's Rock makes the foe flinch (if you attack first, mind.) Two turns of flinching means that she gets in a lot of free damage before she runs. (Unless facing a Steadfast/Inner Focus Pokemon. >_>;; But ssh.)

ShadoPikachu: .... >:3

Actually, Eevee can learn Body Slam via Move Tutor from FireRed on Four Island, so Ha!
On the other hand I do see your point about not using Sunny Day, so that's gone.
Return could work too.

You could always migrate and Eevee and get with Body Slam, though I'm guessing it took a long time to get Leafeon to learn Leaf Blade right?

Plapti: I have my heart set on Amaryll, sorry. If I could use any other Eevee, I'd have one set up with Endure/Flail. XD
(And Amaryll is technically still an Eevee. I'm waiting until I'm certain of his moveset to evolve him.)

Dreampirate: Yeah, you do that. >:3

Nachoman: It's called a LIGHT ORB, say it with me. LIGHT, ORB!

Otherwise, your team looks pretty good move-wise, I can't help in EV's though, seeing as I don't care much bout them.

If Gacky works like she's intended to, paralysis will be entirely unnecessary because she should be able to outrun most critters anyway. I do have a Light Orb, but I'd rather go for the surefire one-turn flinch instead of the 25% paralysis. Gacky isn't intended to stay in play for very long. I dunno, we'll see. The moveset looks nice on paper, but it has yet to be tested. XD