• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Slateport Tournament (open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacob nodded along to Curt halfheartedly. He was distracted by the shouting of the merchants that were lined up through the Bazaar. Jacob could tell Nero(Blaziken) was feeling a bit nervous, with all the eyes staring at him. Jacob gave him a look to make sure the pokemon knew he was aware, and Nero calmed down, as if to spite Jacob’s concern. Jacob sighed, blocking out the sound of the Bazaar for a moment, and then turned back to the group.

“Hey,” he said, trying to get Curt’s attention. He reached into his pocket as he said this, feeling for his money and finding nothing. “We should probably follow Embertail,” he suggested. Martha placed her hand on his arm knowingly. Jacob was still a student, and since he had left Team Rocket, he didn’t really have any source of income. Martha knew, and she would buy him what he wanted, but Jacob didn’t want her to.

So he agreed to follow Curt and his pokemon wherever they liked.

The fudge looked delectable, that was to be expected, Embertail was already on his toes, nose pressed against the glass, and mouth drooling. Even Whips seemed to be somewhat taken by the thick, decadent treats. What Curt didn't expect was the insane prices, it was going to cost almost all the money he bought with him just to buy a little over two pounds of fudge.

"Maybe I should have bought a just little more money....", Curt muttered to himself as he shifted through his wallet,"well, I can''t just walk away now, well I could, but Embertail wouldn't let me hear the end of it for the rest of the night". Granted, that was a cheap excuse he gave himself to buy the fudge, in actuality Curt wanted the fudge just as much as his fire-tailed friend. Curt practically emptied his wallet paying for the fudge, which he then carefully placed in his backpack.

"Well, I'm spent, what about you Jac-oh", Curt said as he watched Jacob turn out his empty pockets, "you're not exactly weighed down with spending money either, huh?"

"(Curt, as much as I'd love to look around the Bazaar, if both of you are out of money, then maybe we should head back. We do have a tournament to fight in tomorrow and need our rest, besides, Nero seems a bit, unsettled by all the attention)", Flare told him while tilting her head towards the Blaziken. Curt didn't think Nero seemed THAT bothered, but then again, he wasn't Curt's Pokemon, so Curt wasn't exactly in tune with Nero's feelings. Besides, Flare was right, they should get their rest.

"(You have a point Flare) Hey Jacob, Martha, you want to head back to the hotel", Curt said turning his attention from the fox Pokemon to his fellow trainers, "it's going to be a big day tomorrow, so we should get our rest, right?"

"Awwwwww, arreo, rawrew", Embertail growled, looking slightly crestfallen.

"Don't worry bro, we can visit the Bazaar again after we get some prize money from winning the tournament", Curt told the Lizard Pokemon, causing his friend to immediately perk up.

"Well, what do you guy's say, ready to call it a night?", Curt asked his companions.

Jacob smiled, but didn’t reply to Curt. He quickly placed his pockets back in his pants, realizing Curt had probably seen them. Martha, however, immediately stepped forward. Here ever present, calming smile bright on her face.

“That would be great,” she said, speaking for Jacob. Since Jacob had spent so much time with her as a child, Martha was always doing things like this, even though he hadn’t been a child for some time. It was quite irritating to Jacob. He would have responded, if she hadn’t said anything. But she did, so he walked over to Nero, and tapped him on the shoulder. It was time to leave.

Meanwhile, Martha walked over to Whips. She wanted to take another good look at the menacing dragon type that had stared her down earlier. The pokemon was large, but all Dragonite’s were. She had assumed Curt was a good trainer from his Embertail, but the Dragonite could be a different story. It was true Dragonites were naturally very rare, and so generally few trainers had them. However, Martha had become aware of a few pokemon “mills,” institutions created for the sole purpose of pumping out pokemon. Conditions in these mills were not good, and the pokemon they created rarely were able to grow the same way as those caught in the wild. Dratinis had been one of the populations that saw a significant increase, possibly the biggest. One of the qualities of these pokemon, Martha had read, was that they were often quick to anger.

This had led her earlier to suspect Whips, but, the more she observed him, the less she thought he was a “mill” pokemon. His movements were too fluid, and his body looked too full. She continued to analyze him, however, all the way back to the hotel.

Ben walked near Jacob and curt to introduce himself "hi I'm Ben nice to meet ya oh by the way who are you guys" Ben asked and then said. " ha just kidding I know who you two are Jacob and curt here's my Pokemon companion" Ben calls out an emboar "this is my Pokemon I named him Roshambo"

Last edited:
"O-oh, uh, hello there", Curt said to the newly arrived trainer, which Embertail wasted no time in greeting,"yes, I'm Curt and he's Jacob, this friendly Charmander is Embertail, the Dragonite is Whips (don't worry, he doesn't bite), and this mystical Ninetails is Flare.

"Errrow!", Growled Embertail with a cheery grin.

"Charmed", Flare replied with a small smile, where as Whips just gave a grunt of acknowledgement.

"So how did you know who we-wait, were you at the tournament?" Curt paused for a moment to think, yes, just before he left, just caught the later half of this boy's match.

"Yeah, yeah, I saw the end of Emboar's, er, Roshambo's fight, good job, if you don't mind me saying, looked like you two scored a clean win to me", Curt told him. As Jacob and Martha finished their introductions they finally made it to Curts hotel room.

"Oh, here's our room, listen, I'd really like to get know you and Roshambo a bit more, but we got to rest up for the tournament, but I'll tell you what, what do you all say to meeting up at the entrance, first thing in the morning before we head in, sounds like a plan?", Curt asked his fellow trainers and their Pokemon. From the sounds coming outside his hotel room, Curt could tell that his T.V was still on, which meant his team were able to keep themselves entertained.

"Well, I probably shouldn't keep Lockjaw, Jasper, and Raviel, eh, a Croconaw, Cuebone, and Jolteon, waiting much longer. I'm sure even The Adventures of Ledinman can only keep them entertained for so long", Curt said with a small smile.

"Um, Curt, are you saying you left the rest of your Pokemon in your room, outside of their Pokeballs? Are you sure they'll behave their selves?", Martha said with an inquisitive smile on her face.

"Awww, don't worry, you saw how Embertail, Whips, and Flare were at the Bazaar, my guy's are really well behaved, heck, on time Embertail actually filled in for my towns postman for a week while he was on vacation..but, uh, that's another story", Curt said, realizing he was trailing of again, " I''ll see you all tomorrow bright and early!" And with that, the trio of Pokemon and their trainer entered their hotel room.

"Hey, we're back! And we bought fud-DID YOU GUY'S EMPTY THE MINI-FRIDGE!?!?! YOU KNOW WE HAVE TO PAY EXTRA FOR THAT, RIGHT!?!?!!?"

Last edited:
It has been a long day, after nick caught up with his pokemons he headed to the training area to pick up the rest of his team, "thanks Nat, I owe you one" said nick, "no problem, anything for a friend" replied Nat.
After a long walk he headed to his hotel room, he placed his pokeballs into his case, got a good shower and went to bed.
Before he fell asleep he was thinking "I wonder who will be my next challenger?".

“See you tomorrow,” Jacob replied as Curt and his pokemon left the group. Jacob quickly turned to Martha. “I think it’s about time for me to go to sleep as well. I’ll see you tomorrow at my match!”

“I’m sure you’ll do great,” Martha replied, giving Jacob a hug. Jacob felt a bit awkward, but Martha obviously didn’t care. She turned around and waved at him as she headed out. Her hotel was in town a few blocks away. As Jacob watched her disappear, he turned to Nero. The Blaziken was focused on Curt’s door; he had been staring down Whips as the Dragonite disappeared. Jacob grabbed his pokemon by the shoulder and pulled him towards their cabin. Nero swung his neck around, and heading to the door. Jacob opened it, and the two of them entered. Jacob closed the door behind them, and turned to see Nero, tensed up, staring ahead. Jacob looked to see what the Blaziken was looking at.

There was a shadow on his bed; a black figure. It surprised and scared Jacob, and he stumbled backwards, touching his back against his door. He reached over to the light switch, and flipped it up, revealing the figure inside. It was a young woman wearing black clothes and a black hat with a big, red “R” stitched on the front. Jacob recognized the woman.

“Hello, Hera,” Jacob said, placing his hand on Nero’s back to reassure the pokemon everything was alright. “It’s been a while.”

“I guess it has,” she replied, smiling in her cunningly annoying old way. “You’ve got a nice room here. Playing pretend with our friends are we?” She asked, nodding her head out the window. She had been watching. “It’s always fun to see old friends, isn’t it? I wonder why I wasn’t invited to come see you compete?”

“What do you think you’re doing here?!?!” Jacob sneered.

“Well, the Boss misses you, Jacob. He has… a nostalgia for the old days, and he wants you to come back to headquarters. It’s been long enough; don’t you think? Don’t you want to get back to doing something real, instead of playing around with children in this tournament?” Hera stood as she continued speaking. “After all, we could really use your help for this mission.”

“I don’t know what you expected to happen, but I’m not coming back. I thought you of all people would understand.” Hera had been one of the agents Jacob worked most closely with when he was part of Team Rocket. He had thought of her as an annoying loudmouth at the time, but she was definitely one of the better agents, with seriously powerful pokemon. But what was she thinking, facing him down here? A battle would wake all the other trainers, and would definitely get her caught. It would also destroy Jacob’s cabin. “I have a lot to do before tomorrow, so if you don’t mind,” Jacob said, motioning to the door.

“Yea, yea…” She said, walking towards Jacob and Nero who stood in front of the door. “I guess I’ll just tell the Boss you’re not interested. What a shame!” She passed Jacob and Nero, looking away. Jacob stepped aside to let her through. When she reached the door, however, she stopped. “Don’t stay away too long now.” With that, she opened the door and left. Jacob locked the door, and let out a deep sigh. Team Rocket had a funky way of showing their interest, and they definitely were not going to tread lightly. Jacob had left Team Rocket on some of the best terms someone his age could leave the group, but they were still a terrorist organization. Standing in the way of their plans was foolish and dangerous, and Jacob hoped he wasn’t too in the way.

He dropped himself onto his bed and closed his eyes, letting out another sigh and rubbing his eyes. He had to put this out of his head for now and focus on his plan for the next day’s battle. He could only use two pokemon this time, and he still hadn’t decided who he’d be using. Jacob remained deep in thought as he drifted off to sleep.

Hours Later

The next morning, Jacob was shaken awake by Nero, who had slept on a futon next to bed. The sun was already up, which meant that Jacob hadn’t woken up too early. He checked his phone for the time. He wasn’t late, but he had to get moving. Without even thinking about the events of the night before, Jacob showered and got dressed. He recalled Nero, and left his cabin, heading towards the stadiums. He looked down at his phone to see his ticket. “Stadium 3,” it said at “9:30 AM.” Jacob nodded to himself, and yawned again as he made his way down the road.

Nick woke up at 4:30 to make sure that his pokemons where ready, "I wonder who are we going to battle" said nick to himself as he got dressed and headed of to the stadium.
"Stadium 3 - 9:30, I still got time, maybe I should look around" said nick as he started to wander around.

---------3 hours later----------

Nick has arrived at the stadium, although it was still early, he was hoping to see who was he fighting, loki and thor where with him as usual, thor was getting impatient and loki was getting bored so nick had to tell them to do something fun, but it was a big mistake as loki at one point tied his shoes together, causing him to fall, "dammit loki, did you really had to do that?" He asked, obviously annoyed, the little trickster just laughed as nick tried to stand.

Curt yawned as he rubbed the sleep from his eye's as he made his way down to the stadium. Embertail walked besides him, in a chipper mood as always, the rest of his team in their balls to catch as much rest as they could before the tournament. he checked his ticket once again, Stadium number two, 10:30 A.M it said, for once in their lives, they were early for something.

They decided to meet up with Jacob and Ben first before they moved to their section, maybe they would have enough time to watch his match before they moved on to their own.

"Well Embertail, are you ready to whoop some ass?" Curt asked his buddy.

"ARROUGH", Embertail shouted loudly, while giving a quick jump in the air in excitement.

"That's the spirit, I just hope we get to see-, well speak of Giratina", Curt said as he saw Jacob further down the road.

"Hey Jacob!"

"Arrough!"

The trainer and Charmander called out to their friend they saw down the road as they ran to catch up with them.

Jacob spun around to see Curt and Embertail running down the road towards him. He smiled and waved to them, motioning for them to come closer. He enjoyed Curt, and he didn’t enjoy many people. It was nice to have him around, and Jacob hoped he didn’t have to battle him soon; they’d both be around longer. Embertail was a relaxing sight as well; he reminded Jacob of the time when Nero was just a Torchic. Those were good times.

“Hey guys!” Jacob said as they approached within talking distance. Embertail’s little legs didn’t seem to slow him down at all, and both he and Curt arrived at about the same time. “Looks like my battle’s in stadium 3 in about…” Jacob looked at his phone for the time. It was 9:10. “…about 20 minutes. Man, I’ve gotta get moving. Wanna come and watch? We’ve got to move quickly!” Jacob turned away from Curt and Embertail, preparing to run towards the stadiums.

Ben woke up and ammediatly saw curt and Jacob " hi guys I forgot to introduce you to the rest of my team sorry about that but" Ben calls out a Frosslass and a houndoom " these two are Frostie and Magmutt"

"Hey curt wanna see another one of my Pokemon" Ben calls out a shiny watchog "this shiny watchog you see here is Watchbotch I caught him recently so it will take a while for him to warm up to me" and Ben then shows all his badges " right now I only have 7 badges but I'm going to the kanto reigion to get my 8th badge from the cerulean gym leader after the tournament is over"

Last edited:
Jacob yawned as he entered the stadium. He arrived at 9:31, a little bit late, but Jacob knew that the battles always began late. Despite looking very tired, he was very much awake. He had spent a lot of time making a decision about his the first pokemon he would use. He didn’t have much of a choice for his second pokemon; it would depend on how the match was going. But the first pokemon… he wouldn’t know what his opponent would choose until it was too late. For that reason, it was important to choose a dependable pokemon, but also one that was likely to have an advantage against a variety of enemies. Unfortunately for Jacob, among his team, these two virtues conflicted.

As he stepped out of the elevator and onto the stadium battleground, he reached for his pokeball. He had made his choice, and he was ready to battle. All the while holding the pokeball in his hands, he walked over to his small rectangle, and stood there. He looked out at the crowd; it was still too early for the larger crowds, and the people were dispersed throughout the stadium. This put Jacob at ease. If he lost, it would not be too embarrassing. But he wouldn’t lose, he reminded himself. He looked across the stadium to see his opponent. Who would it be?

"Yes I'm here hmm I wonder who I'm gonna go up against but I know which Pokemon I'm gonna use" Ben reaches out for one of his pokeballs and glares at Jacob "Jacob promise me to get to the finals of the tournament with me ok?"

Rikan walked up to his position and waited for the battle announcer to confirm his arrival. He nonchalantly picked up his ultra ball with a Banette inside. "Lets do this" he said to Jacob with a giant grin on his face. He released his Banette and felt the despair flow in like an avalanche.

(Oh I wanted to do it)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hey who are you" Ben asked Rikan "and I won't lose this tournament just look" Ben throws his pokeball up into the air and suddenly Roshambo pops out

"Heh Roshambo and i so far have beaten 7 Pokemon gym leaders and fought Red in the Pokemon World Tournament over in Driftveil City back in Unova" Ben then showed that he has two badges from Unova one from Kanto one from johto one from Kalos one from hoenn and one from Sinnoh "see 7 badges in all how many badges do you have

Last edited:
Nick sees Jacob and smirks, "this will be easy" he said looking at his pokeballs, "I hope you are ready to lose, go loki!" He said sending his sableye, Jacob's only reply was "not today, go reuniclus!".
Nick was shocked, his sableye ran a very common set, with status moves, so he hoped that this reuniclus was not a synchronise one,
Usually nick is able to choose a move with ease, but this was different, he tried to think of all the different possibilities, he looked at loki, who had an equally nervous look in his sky blue eyes, "what to do, what to do!" He thought, finally deciding to risk it he said "ok loki, use will-o-whisp!" And looked, waiting to see what will happen, hoping it hits, hoping it's not a synchronise reuniclus.

"I have all eight badges from Johto" Rikan said as he pulled out his badge case and showed him his badges. "I just won the Johto league and I came here for the home stretch." he replied. "Now time to get to business".

Jacob’s Reuniclus, Joker, floated in the air in the center of the stadium. Jacob looked over to see Nick’s Sableye. Of course it was a Sableye, one of the only pokemon that was completely immune to almost every one of Joker’s attacks. Psychic attacks would be ineffective, as would Joker’s few normal attacks. Jacob would really have to think in order to land any hits on his opponent. He watched as Nick’s Sableye released a will-o-wisp attach, several purple balls of fire were sent flying towards Joker.

“Joker,” Jacob replied. “Use reflect!” A yellow spherical shield appeared around Joker, and the flames harmlessly dissipated as the hit the shield. In terms of a counter attack, Jacob didn’t really have any ideas. Joker had only one non-psychic, non-normal type move: rollout. But a basic approach wouldn’t do much of anything. Sableyes were too small and nimble. For now, he’d have to defend. “Joker, use calm mind!” Joker’s shields disappeared as his eyes glowed. His body followed soon after, as his special defense was raised to maximum.

Nick sighed in relief, it was either his opponent didn't know what ability his pokemon had or his reuniclus doesn't have synchronise, he saw Nat among the audience and said to himself "I won't disappoint you".
It took him a while to decide but then said "loki use confuse ray", loki being the trickster he is, did the unexpected, instead of charging the beam he ran at a great speed, in no time he was already on the other side of the field, and shot a yellow beam at the reuniclus from behind only to run back to the other side in case of a counterattack, "loki has got the advantage thanks to prankster" thought nick to himself.

"What you have 8 badges that is awsome but anyways if i battle you in the semi-finals I will not hold back at all but anyways I wonder why Curt's ninetails can talk in real words hmm and I excactly know my finishing Pokemon for my battle against curt" Ben Pulls out a Timer Ball from his bag and rolls it on the floor and a machamp comes out "Zekie you ready" Zekie Replies with "Cham-Cham Ma-Cham-Champ" "Good I Will need you a lot in this tournament So be ready Zekie our first opponent is Curt"

Jacob watched Joker closely. The Reuniclus was definitely in trouble. Fighting an opponent immune to all attacks, there was little he could do but defend. But defend he could, and very well at that. He had a host of defensive and recuperative attacks, all of which would be bolstered by the pokemon’s psychic abilities. While he could not use them to determine where the Sableye was at any given time, he could use it to pinpoint footsteps, and more importantly, he could use his powers to determine where the Sableye was not. Joker followed the dark/ghost pokemon in this way as he dashed around the stadium, reaching behind Joker. As he released the confuse ray, Jacob spoke.

“Joker, reflect again!” He said. Once again, the spherical shield surrounded Joker, protecting him from the attack. As Loki began to dash back to his starting position, Jacob quickly gave his next order. There wasn’t a lot of time, but in running back to the other side, there would be a period where the Sableye was close enough to Joker for a close up attack to be effective; he would be too close for the attack to be easily dodged. “Joker, use rollout!” The one move the Reuniclus knew that could hit Loki would be put to good use. As the Sableye passed Joker, and the reflect defense disappeared, the Reuniclus was engulfed in a small white sphere that hurdled towards Loki. Jacob hoped it would hit; if not, Jacob would have another challenge finding such an opportunity again.

Loki was running and was too busy to notice until it was too late, Nick didn't know how to deal with this situation, he knew that role out would be stronger next time but Loki's low defence was a problem, Nick called out to Loki "Loki, use recover and follow with code prankster!", with that order Loki gave a smirk showing his sharp teeth, he used recover and will-o-whisp, only to be followed with confuse ray, "I do bleave that you are now stuck into role out" said Nick, his confidence coming back.

Curt and Embertail took their seat's alongside Ben and his team just as the battle began, and almost instantly the battle began as a game of cat and mouse. Jacob was put on the defensive, as Joker had a serious disadvantage against Loki and Nick, but both trainers were playing it smart, no one could say they weren't. Jacob had kept up good defense and managed to maximize his special defense with Calm Mind, and Nick was cleverly trying to inflict his opponent with status aliments, rather then just directly go in for the K.O.

Curt's focus on the battle, however, was momentary broken by Ben's question about Flare, his Ninetales.

"Uh, oh, yeah, Flare can speak through telepathy, most Psychic type or Psychic-capable Pokemon can after a lot of practice", Curt replied to the fellow trainer," granted, I didn't teach her how to do that, but...WOAH!" Curt and Embertail's attention where momentary stolen away by Joker managing to land a Rollout, but Loki was already back on it's feet with the help of recover, and was following up with a Will-O-Wisp and Confuse Ray combo.

"Teh, always hated recover, just when you think you got your opponent down, BAM!, they're back on their feet, granted, I'd probably be singing a different tune if I were the one using it, hehe", Curt said giving a sheepish smile. Curt and Embertail heard a "POP" and saw a flash of light out of the corner of their eye's, it appeared that Ben had revealed Zekie, his Machamp.

"Errow!", Embertail said, leaning over to greet the muscular Pokemon with a friendly wave.

"Wow, nice to meet you Zekie! A Machamp, that's impressive, you defiantly don't see one of you guy's everyday, seems like you're in great shape too", Curt said while admiring the powerful Pokemon before returning his attention to Ben,"well, seeing as you told me what Pokemon you're using, I'll return the favor, hmmm." Curt pondered for a moment as to what Pokemon he'd choose, he briefly though about using Whips, the only Pokemon that could possible best a Machamp in physical combat, but opening up with a psudeo-legendary just felt like cheating.

Curt heard a quick pop and flash of light coming from one of his own Pokeballs as Flare herself popped out.

"I wanted to see the fight", she told his via telepathy. Flare never seemed to need much sleep, so naturally she was more awake then the rest of his Pokemon.

"Fair enough, well, seeing as you took such an interest in her, I would say Flare, but I just used her last match, pull I did just mention her Psychic abilities, so I'd look like I'm choosing her just for that, eh, I'll just go with Embertail", Curt finished with a shrug, causing the Lizard Pokemon to give out a cry of excitement. It was kind of funny, Embertail, a tiny fire lizard, actually seemed happy with the fact that Curt paired him up with Zekie, a four-armed, muscle covered, Mr. Olympia-shaped Pokemon that was twice his sized and could probably lift an M1 Abrams Tank over his head.

"Dont underestimate Embertail just because he's a Charamnder though", Curt said with a friendly, if not slightly competitive smile, "we've been together practically since before we could walk, and we know how to- Holy Arceus!", Curt yelled, his attention once again being pulled by a sudden development in the battle.

Last edited:
Not if I can plan properly, Rikan said in his mind. He gave a slight wave to Ben and walked off to transfer his Pokémon from Johto to his competitive team. "This needs to be decided carefully" He said to himself. He contacted Professor Elm soon later and replaced most of his team. He then lets them all out in a field to pair them up and let them train. "I better register my new team" he said. He then typed this up in the tournaments computer:

252049_trainercard-Rikan.png

On the way back he headed through the bazaar. He left his tyranitar out so maybe it could get an increased friendship. "Hey, you, young man!" an old salesman called out to me, "I might have something to give to your tyranitar!" He then opened a small basket which contained a hard stone. Rikan bought it for 5500 Poke-Dollars. He gave it to his tyranitar, Rawr, and walked to the arena with a grin on his face, thinking about getting to the finals after defeating ben and his Emboar and Machamp. He returned and watched the battle between Jacob and Nick, where he sat next to ben, wondering if he could actually beat him.

(OOC: Well, we actually don’t go by the game standards for moves, usually the shows or a realistic interpretation of the move. In rollout’s case, the show does not mandate that you use it multiple times in a row :p)

BIC:

The Sableye was fast, using recover, move which usually took some time, and firing off another move before Jacob could follow up his attack. His only option was another defense.

“Joker, use light screen!” The Reuniclus was barely able to lift his arms before the will-o-wisp smacked against the barrier. Light screen was generally a stronger barrier than reflect was, as it only covered the front of the pokemon, rather than surrounding him in a sphere. However, Jacob could tell that this barrier was particularly weak. Joker had already used a lot of energy, and Jacob could tell that he was trying to conserve. That was good, because it looked like this might be a long battle. “Take a step back,” Jacob called out, as Joker rose into the sky and closer to Jacob’s side of the field. He would eventually have to get close again to hit the Sableye, but for now he could more easily protect and dodge at a range.

Meanwhile in the other stadium the battle between jake and flint was just beginning
"Go scar!" Yelled jake as he released his Pokemon "lets not waste any time and mega evolve

"Hah I really miss Scone and Mart they were such good Pokemon they even helped me win 5 gym battles I really wish I could be able to see them again" Ben took a picture of a vanillite and a solosis with him out of his bag "Curt if you are wondering who Scone and Mart are well Scone was this vanillite right here but a few days after she evolved into a vanilluxe I released her so she could live with her family again and right now Mart is training at Nacrane city

Ben walked to the tournament's computer switched out Shamala for a weavile "Snooker come on out" Ben says as he throws a Dusk ball and a weavile pops out "ok Snooker for my battle against curt you will be my 2nd Pokèmon that I'm gonna use in battle"

"So curt's gonna use embertail first huh?" Ben said in his mind "since both flare and embertail are fire-type Pokèmon it would be wise to use Zekie or Watchbotch First but as for Whips I might wanna use Snooker but I don't know about his other three Pokemon but I'll need to be careful if I fight Rikan in the next round" Ben mumbled in his head

Ben and Snooker walked towards embertail and flare "meet Snooker" Snooker then tried fllirting with flare "he I think Snooker likes you flare oh man this is funny but I need to think hmm maybe I Could have Zekie use Close Combat but then again it might miss or I could send out Roshambo and have him use Bulldoze?"

Nick got disappointed that his attack failed, loki had recover wich was good but wouldn't save him forever.
Nick's strategies seemed new to everyone but Nat, he has trained with Nick for years so he knew that was coming next.
Nick sat there thinking and thinking, he said to Jacob "your a tough battler, more of a challenge than the kanto elite 4 and champion" he eventually decided on an action and said "stand still loki, and don't move!" He looked at Jacob and said "I am open for attacks, what are you waiting for?"

Jacob clenched his teeth. He had secretly hoped that Nick would have his Sableye attack again and again, wearing himself out to the point that Joker could just push Loki over. But it appeared as though Nick figured it out. Now, Jacob needed a way to attack; one that could still protect Joker from Sableye's confuse ray, but also that could do damage to Sableye. He thought for just a second, before coming up with a plan.

"Alright, Joker, let's try something new! Use reflect!" Joker nodded, and again a transparent yellow sphere surrounded the pokemon. "Now, use rollout!" Within the reflective barrier, Joker glowed white, spinning himself into another sphere. All at once, the attack conglomerate rushed forwards, flying towards Loki. Jacob knew that the reflect would only protect Joker from Sableye's attacks; the pokemon itself would be unaffected by the psychic defense, and would meld through the shield harmlessly. But he thought this was a clever way of getting his pokemon close enough to Loki without risking easy damage. Of course, every move was a risk.

Nick waited and waited, the reflect rollout combo was new to him, though his moves would be blocked loki himself can pass through the sphere, but rollout was to definitely get him, "come on loki just a little more.....NOW!" Said Nick, joker was a few inches away from loki, who jumped to the side, avoiding the attack and charging at him.
Loki managed to get through the sphere and got a punishment ready, there was no way the reuniclus could have avoided the attack in time.

There was no doubt, the Sableye was incredibly fast, possibly the fastest pokemon Jacob had ever faced. Loki was able to enter the sphere, and in less than a second, the pokemon had prepared and executed an attack strong enough to block Joker's. The two attacks collided, propelling both pokemon backwards. Joker took decidedly more damage, but Jacob hoped that in executing a move requiring such speed, the Sableye had expelled more energy. In this battle, damage mattered less than normal.

"Joker, recover" The psychic pokemon glowed white as he healed himself. the scratches on his body disappeared as the light faded, and he let out a loud:

"Reuni!" Jacob nodded. He suspected that Nick would have a counter attack, and Joker needed to be ready.

"Sab...sable" muttered Loki as he stood weakly, "good job Loki, now use recover" said Nick as white light covered Loki, soon he was in a better condition, "I need to stop him from blocking" thought Nick to himself.
"Use taunt!" Said Nick as Loki started taunting joker, "now use punishment " said Nick again, Loki charged his arm in dark energy as he ran towards joker, with a big leap he got in range and was able to strike with the attack, it would be a super effective attack with a boost from joker's calm mind, it should be able to take him out.

"Heh, despite being an older gal, Flare sure is popular with younger guy's", Curt thought as he saw the Weavile try to make a move on Flare. He didn't say that out loud, lest he wanted to wake up in dumpster again, yet it was always humorous to see Flare put in these awkward situations. She still hasn't had that much experience with the modern world since she left the forest, and if the awkward smile on her face was any indication, she was still rusty on things like dating.

Rarowwor rehro", Embertail growled in between his chuckling.

"Embertails right, looks like Nine has some competition, eh Flare?", Curt said, agreeing with his fiery pal, causing the Fox Pokemon to throw them both a dirty look. Giving her a soft grin, they returned their attention towards the fight, which seemed to have turned in to a battle of attrition through heavy use of Recover.

"Seems like this had become a battle of endurance, Recover may heal a Pokemons wounds, but it drains their stamina incredibly fast, a Pokemon could be completely free of wounds but still on the verge of exhaustion if they over use it", Curt observed as he watched the battle, he recalled that was how Embertail (just barely) beat Sabrina's Hypno. Still, both Pokemon were well-trained and no doubt has stamina to spare. But Curt was sure of one thing, Joker and Loki's fight was nearing an end.

Last edited:
The Sableye danced around, tauntingly, which was the perfect move to use against Joker. The pokemon was always a bit more aggressive than Jacob's others, and he looked back at Jacob asking for approval. Jacob thought for a moment. As the Sableye prepared another attack, Jacob made his decision. He needed to weaken Loki as much as possible, even if he didn't necessarily win.

"Alright, Joker, use rollout!" Again, the Psychic type began to spin, creating a glowing white sphere and rushing towards the attacking Sableye. The attacks collided once again, creating a mini-explosion and propelling both pokemon backwards. Joker was breathing heavily now; this battle had taken a lot of energy. Joker, angry now, put his hands together and released a psyshock attack, three purple spheres, flying towards Loki. "What are you doing!?!" Jacob shouted. "Joker, relax! You need to stay calm!"

Loki was weak, the attack drained him and despite the ×4 resistance, the psyshock did drain him even more, nick looked at joker, rage has taken over him, nick knew this was his chance, he could not have went for recover, he looked at loki who had a look of worries on his face, "ok loki use shadow sneak" said nick knowing that if he gets hit by another move then it's over, so nick had to go with shadow sneak.
The sableye instantly unmaterialized into dark energy and dashed at the reuniclus.

Among the audience, Nat noticed that curt was sitting close to him, "Hey aren't you the kid called curt?" He asked as he looked at him, he remembered seeing him along side Jacob as they came back from the bazaar, for he was training 3 of nick's pokemons nearby.

Joker was calming down when the Sableye attacked. Jacob barely had time to warn his pokemon before the ghost/dark type launched his assault. Reemerging from the shadows, the Sableye struck forwards with a dark strike. The attack hit Jacob's Reuniclus from behind, and the psychic pokemon fell to the ground. This battle was over. Jacob took out a pokeball.

"Alright, Joker, come on back." In a flash of red, the pokemon disappeared. "It's not your fault," Jacob continued. "We just got unlucky. Nothing anyone could have done about it." Jacob sighed. He was always unlucky. What were the odds Nick would choose the perfect pokemon to take down his Reuniclus? Jacob put the thought out of his mind. He knew what he had to do; his strongest pokemon would give him the best shot. He released a pokeball, and in a flash his Blaziken, Nero, appeared. The pokemon threw his arms to his side, and roared.

"Blaaaaa!" The announcer's went insane.

"It looks like Jacob's second pokemon will be his Blaziken! What a choice! Let's see how he does now that the type disadvantage is gone!"

"Alright, Nero, let's do this. Use Flare Blitz!" The Blaziken lit up in blue flames before shooting forward at a great speed, heading towards Loki.

Status
Not open for further replies.