1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

skill swap duration?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Games Discussion' started by tpl2000, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Basically, i'd like to know how long skill swap lasts; i have a strategy that's....well, god-mode, and it all relies on skill swap.

2. This doesn't involve a kecleon perchance?

Anyway, I believe that it's permanent at least as long as your foe is alive. I can't really help on what happens hen the opponent switches or faints though because I never could figure that one myself.

3. If it involves Wonder Guard, it won't work. Skill Swap will fail on it.

4. well, originally this relied on a dusknoir, shedinja, and spiritomb. but, as i've found, skill swap does not affect wonderguard, much to my dismay. it would have gone....

dusknoir, shedinja sent out.
    dusknoir: skill swap w/ shedinja
    shedinja: sand attack, or something >_>
    shedinja dies!
    send out spiritomb
    dusknoir: skill swap w/ spiritomb
    spiritomb: sweep, sweep, sweep, sweep, sweep.

(in doubles)

i don't like kecleons much, and i believe that skill swap is their only use. however, i may end up using a dusknoir/slaking skill swap combo.

5. Ah, a good thought none the less. I was fooled by the inability of the two Ghost/Dark pokemon to learn skill-swap, never thought to use an intermediate. I rather approve of highly complicated and unusual setups like this, they may not be practical but they sure are fun.

A point to note though is that it wouldn't have been full god-mode either. A fighting attack with the appropriate focussing move beforehand (I forget which) would get a super off the dark type by being able to hit the ghost. I thought Mewtwo and other psychics could have also used Miracle eye to remove the Dark's psychic immunity but I guess I was kinda wrong there too as it's not super-effective.

6. Meangreen is on the right track; Foresight became a much more useful move as it negates all evasion bonuses made by the foe, prevents the foe from making more evasion bonuses, and allows Normal-and-Fighting types to hit Ghosts.

My No-Guard Machamp, who has Foresight, Dynamicpunch, and Cross Chop, is a Dark/Ghosts worst nightmare, for example.

7. I forget. I think its as long as the victim of the attack is still in play.