• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

skill swap duration?

This doesn't involve a kecleon perchance?

Anyway, I believe that it's permanent at least as long as your foe is alive. I can't really help on what happens hen the opponent switches or faints though because I never could figure that one myself.

well, originally this relied on a dusknoir, shedinja, and spiritomb. but, as i've found, skill swap does not affect wonderguard, much to my dismay. it would have gone....

dusknoir, shedinja sent out.
dusknoir: skill swap w/ shedinja
shedinja: sand attack, or something >_>
shedinja dies!
send out spiritomb
dusknoir: skill swap w/ spiritomb
spiritomb: sweep, sweep, sweep, sweep, sweep.

(in doubles)

i don't like kecleons much, and i believe that skill swap is their only use. however, i may end up using a dusknoir/slaking skill swap combo.

well, originally this relied on a dusknoir, shedinja, and spiritomb. but, as i've found, skill swap does not affect wonderguard, much to my dismay.
(in doubles)

Ah, a good thought none the less. I was fooled by the inability of the two Ghost/Dark pokemon to learn skill-swap, never thought to use an intermediate. I rather approve of highly complicated and unusual setups like this, they may not be practical but they sure are fun.

A point to note though is that it wouldn't have been full god-mode either. A fighting attack with the appropriate focussing move beforehand (I forget which) would get a super off the dark type by being able to hit the ghost. I thought Mewtwo and other psychics could have also used Miracle eye to remove the Dark's psychic immunity but I guess I was kinda wrong there too as it's not super-effective.

Meangreen is on the right track; Foresight became a much more useful move as it negates all evasion bonuses made by the foe, prevents the foe from making more evasion bonuses, and allows Normal-and-Fighting types to hit Ghosts.

My No-Guard Machamp, who has Foresight, Dynamicpunch, and Cross Chop, is a Dark/Ghosts worst nightmare, for example.