• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Should they Make Pokemon pets

Sound like fun :D. They most certaily should (in 3D), but its hard to decide wich one I would whant. :-\ I say ,just like nintendogs you should be able to have three with you others stored away. ;D

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I agree with Geo. I would miss the battling, which to me is the fundamental appeal behind Pokemon. It's the pride in gaining experience and strength that interests me in the game, making them into pets to feed/clean/play with etc would undermine them in my opinion. Training a Dratini into a Dragonite back in the days of red made me feel great and proud that I'd trained something that won battles with ease... I can't see cleaning up after a Dragonite giving me the same feeling :p

It might appeal to some people, and maybe it would be better if only cute/baby Pokemon were used. I wouldn't mind it if the concept was more along the lines of a Pokemon breeding game - like you played the role of the Daycare man/woman and raised Pokemon from babies. The idea of raising great contest or battle Pokemon would be quite cool.
However, just making them into another Nintendogs sort of game lacks appeal for me, and more importantly lack what makes Pokemon so great - Battling! ^^

You know, I really liked Chao in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (those who played it will know exactly what I'm talking about), and I think it would be more fun if they gave Pokemon that kind of system. I'd like to control my Mii, give my Charizard a fruit, petting my Pokemon, seeing my Pokemon walk around a forest-like area, or a beach like area, seeing my pokemon hatch from a egg, watching them race, seeing the- errrr, I'll stop now. Anyway, Chao could do all that stuff, I would really like to see Pokemon take that sort of approach, thier could still be a battling feature, but we'ed be more, interactive with them.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'd be happy with the game just letting me have the Pokemon out of their Pokeballs, like Pikachu in yellow. Charizard walking with me would look cool 8)

If they were out like that, maybe some of the stuff you mentioned Curtkid could be possible, like feeding them berries and petting them. I don't see why they haven't included it yet for all Pokemon, they must have the technology.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I'd like to control my Mii, give my Charizard a fruit, petting my Pokemon, seeing my Pokemon walk around a forest-like area, or a beach like area, seeing my pokemon hatch from a egg, watching them race, seeing the- errrr, I'll stop now.

Seeing them rub their faces together in a vague attempt at appearing to reproduce?

ummm my pokemon ranch for the wii(downloading game) is kinda like that exept it was built as extra storge for d/p but you can play with the pokemon you put in there and sometimes they start fights! ;D

YES! I would love my pet Ralts, I would love him, feed him, wash him, train him and punt him across the room for pissing on my carpet.

Of Course I would take of my Ralts, only problem I see with it if you don't take care of it, they might die... :'( But I like death so bring it on.

But it would be interseting to see it happening.