• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Secret of the Aura Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
New RP of doom, set in scenic Aldoran Palace. If some of you bothered to watch the 8th movie in its original Japanese glory, you'll know this place is where the said movie takes place. HOWEVER this is NOT an RP about Mew or The Tree of Origins, and has very little reference to the movie.

In order to ensure that you're willing to play along with the storyline and not wander off into another about Regis, Mew and you being the incarnate of Lucario/Sir Aaron/Mewtwo etc., I must ask you to PM me your first post here. You will be sent a PM from me if I decide your post is good enough to be placed here, and if need be, a potential number of people to join. (barring-the-gate iow)

So please join, I'm hoping this will be an awesem (:D) adventure...

Today was going to be busy day for the many workers of Aldoran Palace. They, and their ancestors before them have served to take care of the palace for countless generations. And they all certainly recognized the importance of this particular day. Several workers hurriedly ran about the castle's now populated courtyard, mixing themselves with the several hundred visitors who flocked to the castle, equally aware of the event that was going to take place. And while they were chatting excitedly and admiring its inner sanctum, the Palace's trusted employees oversaw the decorations in even the smallest aspects of the castle. No Alley was left darkened, no house was left plain and severely lacking in color. Within the Castle, dozens of Cooks scrambled through the kitchen, bringin out steaming pots of food, and bringing in ingredients by the sack load. Over at the Palace's empty hallways and hundred or so rooms, maids would run in and out of countless doors, making sure everything was in place, and that they were all dazzling clean. For today was a day recently marked as History, and what a magnificent tale it was.

Fortunately for the Castle's guardians, it did not take much to make Aldoran Palace any more beautiful than it could already be. This landmark has survived Centuries of change, retaining its elegant towers reaching into the sky, and the many, beautifully crafted structures that surrounded them. There had been several renovations in an effort to retain its majesty, and thankfully they did nothing to misplace its historical value nor its natural wonder. The mysterious crystals that littered the castle grounds had also made it to this century, and were possibly even larger and more lustrous then they were so long ago. Like the palace, these crystals were very important in Aldoran's history, playing a part in the legendary tale of how a lone man was able to stop an epic war that would have surely led the palace to disaster. For that, in the eyes of its denizens, that lone man was no ordinary man. He was a Hero, a Protector, a Guardian of the Aura.

"The Aura Guardians were a select few. As far as Historians know, there were only a few accounts that spoke of them. One could call them a secret organization of sorts, possibly a specialized Order of Knights. They were people whose courage and righteousness somehow allowed them to control Aura," explained a young man to his companion. "I wonder what that means?" his companion said thoughtfully. The two were slowly making their way towards the castle. At the moment they were atop a bridge full of people eagerly making their way towards festivitie. The two decided to stop and admire the crystal blue lake several feet below them, as they continued their conversation. "Maybe its something along the lines of Psychic power," the young lady theorized whilest looking at the sparkling waves splash against the bridge's base with surreal wonder. "Perhaps," replied the young man. "But then, there's also that account." The girl blinked back at him, showing what little idea she had of what he was referring to. "The account I'm speaking of would be the very reason why we're here at Aldoran palace," he continued as he watched the waves with her. His companion turned her head towards the castle, and the colorful ocean of people making their way up its teps and into its courtyard. The people chattede xcitedly, and several of them were even singing and had brought along musical instruments, probably to complement the extravagant costumes they wore.

At that moment, Minnow looked down upon her own clothes, with its multitude of zippers and buckles, she and her friend certainly didn't fit in with the crowd. "We should probably head inside," she told him excitedly. "The Tournament will be starting soon, and we need to get in costume," with a spring in her step she skipped away from the bridge's railings, grasping Jay's hand and pulling him in the same direction as the crowd. "The Tournament will be starting in an hour, who takes that long ti find a costume?" he asked exasperatedly, trying to subtlely escape from her grip. "Well excuse me, I happen to be a girl, and we're naturally inclined to sample at least five dresses before actually picking on," she replied humorously. Jay had given up on this argument and was hurriedly dragged across the bridge and towards the castle. As they made their way up the stairs, they slowed down to a steady walk as several more people behind them attempted to push the people up front up the stairs and into the Castle's interior. Minnow wrapped her arm around Jay's, giving him a wink at the sign of his blushing. "So what Pokemon are you planning to use?" she asked him. "I think it would be nice if you battled with Riolu," the redness in Jay's cheeks faded as he looked at her indignantly. "Riolu's too young, I'm sure there'll be people pulling out all the stops for this tournament. I might be going with Rio in this case." Minnow was disappointed by this, since she was planning to use her newest team member for the tournament. Jay knew this, and decided to ask her about it. "Think Gallade will be up for this?" She looked back with a degree of mischief in her eye. "If all else fails, I can always give Gardevoir pom-poms and let her cheer form the sidelines." A slight chuckle came from both of them as they finally made their way up the stairs and past the gate.

What I awaited them was an astounding view of the Tower's base, which was a small village brimming with life. People of all ages ran about, happy and excited, eager to try out all the games and other things that celebrated the age-old traditions of the palace. Minnow made her way towards a man dressed ina shingin suit of armor, and inquired as to where the changing rooms. After a short conversation for directions, Minnow took Jay by the hand once more and the two made their was into the heart of the crowded streets and towards the Castle's main hall.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
OOC: Righto, joining, because this sounds interesting and I've been wanting to RP with Fida before the fic even existed. xP As a note, for those of you who are reading Sem's fic, which can be found in my sig, this RP will have, and even this post has, Fida-spoilers. So... yeah... ^^;

BIC:
People were all around Fida as she, along with the rest of them, crossed a large bridge. In her hands she clutched a flyer that was only hours old, advertising a grand tournament of sorts. The twelve year old was only passing through the area, but when she came across the flyer she had to check it out.

Progress across the large bridge was slow, and Fida was too short to see past the people and look at the scenery, she she opted for looking at her shoes instead. They were purple, with black soles and laces. She wore a pair of black jeans and her top was dark violet with lavender flower petal stitching. A black messenger bag was slung over her should, it had a purple pok

HAI GUIZ! IMA POSTIN' MAH RPNESS.

I post this with the understanding that there are no more knights. OCC? Xavier lives in lala land. He wants to be the valiant knight, and ride in on his rapidash and save the princess. This is his one day a year to live out his dreams. My understanding is that only the nobelest of the bravest got to have anything to do with Auras. So I made him a wanna-be knight. :D Because I'm cool like that. And he's an awkward 15 year old. Cheers.

And he has pokemon now, Thanks Sem! Now can we get this RP started proper? ^^

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
OOC: Let the fun begin! Thanx for allowing my entrance Rocket.

BIC:

With so many people walking around Aldoran Palace, each holding there own conversation, it would be pretty hard hearing a Pokemon gasping for air. Of course if they knew the reason behind it, they wouldn't lift a finger to help anyway. There were a few people in the dressing room, but they payed no attention to Brian looking down at Axel with an annoyed expression.

"Are you done yet?" he asked the golden Infernape who was lying on the ground dying of laughter.

"No." said Axel trying to catch his breath before busting out laughing again. Most people would have just heard monkey talk, but Brian knew what Axel was telling him. Back when Axel was a Chimchar he became Brian's first Pokemon. Two freaks of nature brought together by fate, and having been together for almost 5 years they had learned to understand each other and even acted like each other at times.

"I really don't see what the big deal is." said the trainer crossing his arms.

"Lo-look at what y-you're wearing." responded Axel finally beginning to calm down. It was what Brian always wore, a solid black outfit consisting of boots, long pants, gloves, and his usual T-shirt replaced by a long sleeved shirt to fit the occasion. But what had sent the Infernape into a comedic frenzy was the cape Brian wore made out of a black trash bag and duct tape.

"This costume is completely original, and it fits the theme. Can't a guy have a little fun?" questioned Brian holding the cape out to the side. Axel put his hands to his mouth as he started snickering again.

"It's funny as hell! That's why I want one!" laughed Axel. Brian smiled and got another trash bag out of his backpack. After cutting it the appropriate length, he brought it over Axel's shoulders and taped the ends together. Axel checked out his new look in a mirror. The black cape was an interesting contrast to his gold fur. It was now Brian's turn to laugh as Axel began making ridiculous Dracula like poses such as pulling the cape over the bottom of his face.

"Just make sure you take it off before you fight in the tournament. You don't want it to get in the way." Brian warned.

"Yea, Yea, I know. Shall we get going then?" The two walked out of the dressing room and started walking to the designated area for the tournament, their unusual attire drawing attention from everyone they passed. Not that it mattered, they never cared what others thought of them anyway.

OCC: thanks for letting me join Rocket X!!

Wish forced herself through the mob of endless people. Their outfits seemed out of place for the twenty-first century, but today a celebration of the hero, Sir Aaron, was being held. Knights in shining armor, princesses in flowing dresses, noble princes, and peasants of sorts flooded the extravagant Aldoran Palace. It was almost as if there was a time warp into medieval times.

Wish admired the magnificent scenery with delight. She had never been to a castle. For what seemed hours, she wondered aimlessly through the palace. She allowed the crowd to sweep her in whatever direction they were heading. As Wish was determining what pokemon to use for the tournament a knight stepped in front of her, disrupting her pleasant fantasies.

"It would be wise to get yourself an outfit to blend in, am I right?" He pointed towards her attire. Wish nodded as she examined her clothes. A lavender t-shirt, blue-jeans, a grey-white skirt, a sky blue beanie, and purple shoes did not quite fit the medieval theme. The knight quickly gave directions to the changing rooms. She thanked him and sped off towards the room. After running up a few flights of stairs she arrived to her destination.

The many antique outfits filled the room with many bright colors. Wish was about to begin her search for something to wear, when something caught her eye. A charming lavender dress hung silently, layered with a coating of dust. It wasn't very fancy. In fact, it was actually quite simplistic. But those sort of things were Wish's style. She swiftly changed into the dress. It was a bit big on her, but it fit nonetheless.

Wish grabbed a pokeball from her light blue backpack, she had decided what pokemon to use in the tournament. With the flick of her wrist the pokeball flew into the air, it let out a bright flash of light as a dark blue snake-like pokemon, dragonair, materialized.
"Let's go Hinata." Wish briskly headed out of the room, the dragonair quickly followed.

Thanks Rocket X!

The sun was shining bright at Aldoran Castle. Yet nobody had time to look at the beauty of the scenery. Everybody was headed to the big pokemon tournament at the castle. But one kid was the most excited of all. His name was Jack, and he was going to enter the pokemon tournament. He ran through the crowds and to the castle with his best friend and starter pokemon, Typhlosion.

Jack had been with him since he had found Typhlosion as a Cyndaquil injured in the forest. He cared for it until it got better. The two quickly became friends. When Jack went on his pokemon journey, Cyndaquil followed him. They won many battles together and gained much experience. Now they were ready to face one of their biggest challenges yet-this tournament.

They finally reached the castle. Jack and Typhlosion hurried up the steps so Jack could find a costume. He found a feathered hat, a silver cape, and long green pants and tried them on."How does it look?"Jack asked Typhlosion. But he didn't even wait for an answer. He hurried back down the steps, Typhlosion trying to keep up. Both of them had a feeling this was going to be a very interesting tournament.

OOC: I felt like adding.....

The tournament was just beginning. People of all sorts flocked to the stadiums to watch the the exciting event. The place was crowded and packed even two hours before the designated time to start. Wish observed silently from the skies, she was continuously looking for something interesting to catch her eye. She sat proudly on Hinata's back. Hinata didn't really mind the extra weight, Wish normally traveled in this fashion. She looked at her lavender wrist watch, the tournament was going to start in a brief ten minutes.

"Hinata, let's go ahead and check when our first battle is." Hinata quietly nodded as she glided towards the ground. As she was a few feet above ground level, Wish hopped off and held down her dress. She landed gracefully on her feet as she sped off towards the room where the battle order was decided. Wish knocked gently on the door of the room as Hinata floated behind her. A loud manly voice answered.

"Come in." Wish pushed open the door as she walked to the knight she had seen earlier. He sat behind a counter overflowing with various books and papers.

"I'd like to know what battle I'm in." The knight nodded as he began to tear through the papers, searching for the list.

"And your name is....?"

"Wish Sureno..." He furiously flipped through a thick packet that he had found. His eyes followed his index finger through the list. He suddenly looked up at Wish.

"Lucky you, you're are in the second battle." She blinked.

"Could you tell me who my opponent is....?" He smiled as he set down the packet and began to organize the papers.

"That wouldn't be any fun. It'll be a surprise." Wish sighed and recalled Hinata into her pokeball, there was no reason for her to be out at the moment.

"Well....thanks anyway." She headed out the door to go to where all the the competitors were waiting. There were five minutes left until the first battle.

Locking Topic to do some major edits to the story.

Previous RPers shall be notified of the premiere of Secret of the Aura Guardians- Second Mix.

lock'd

Status
Not open for further replies.