• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Searching for a onexone (Plot inside!)

Hey everybody,

While I'm new to this site, I'm not new to roleplaying by any means. It's been a few years since I've participated in one (life suddenly got busy after graduating college - imagine that), and I think I'm finally ready to hop back in.

I'm looking for someone who is an advanced roleplayer with good (not necessarily perfect - mine isn't either) grammar and sentence structure who will help build onto this plot and story with me.

My heart is with the first 3 generations of Pokemon, so that's where my comfort lies but I don't mind if you have Pokemon from the later gens. I just might have to do some googling to figure out which one you're talking about (:

---

My character, Null, was born to parents who are devout members of Team Rocket. When he was 10 years old they gave him his first Pokemon, a Cyndaquil, they had stolen during a raid of Professor Elm's Lab. When he was 15 his parents found out that Rocket Labs was looking for live human test subjects. Their devotion in giving their only child over to the Labs earned them the promotion they had always desired. For two years Null participated in small, uneventful tests until one fateful day when he was caught up in so much more.

Dexter's Eye - a piece of machinery that closely resembles a human eye but has all the power of an intensely upgraded Pokedex. For years Team Rocket had been developing this data-crunching tool and now by installing it into a human host they can immediately determine the strength of a Pokemon (be it wild or trainer-owned) and decide if it is worth "acquiring".

A few months after the surgery to remove his own eye and implant Dexter's, Null has finally had enough. He is gentle at heart, but is realizing more and more just how much he values his freedom. Now he's ready to fight for it. One night he manages to escape with his Pokemon at his side: Hanzer, his over-protective, stubborn, and constantly hangry Typhlosion; Lambo, his developmentally slow but sympathetic, fun-loving, and overly powerful Flaafy; Scaller, his loner-type Haunter with questionable loyalties; and the newest addition to his team, the yet-unamed Rhyhorn, who unfortunately considers himself quite the lapdog.

Null's only hope for staying on the lam is to keep Dexter's Eye deactivated. When activated, it sends his direct coordinates to Rocket HQ and with as many grunts as they have, he would be dragged back in seconds. Unfortunately, the Eye is programmed to boot itself up when it recognizes a potential strong or rare Pokemon. With the whole of Team Rocket trying to recover the unique piece of machinery in his head, and his own eye fighting against him, will he be able to survive?

---

Options for your character:

- A trainer trying to help Null avoid being captured
- A Rocket member trying to track him down and bring him back
- Anything else you can think of!

Let me know if you're interested (:

@rawheight this sounds like a lot of fun, I may be interested o:

i'll most likely forget that this thread exists by ten minutes from now though so if you need to get in touch with me i'd suggest messaging me somewhere else ;u;'

tumblr: gruntsmom, discord: krogan queen tabby#8860, Flight Rising: Noivurn#75525, toyhou.se: Noivurn, dA: Noivurn

I don't know if you're still looking for a partner, if so, I'd be interested to join in on this. It seems like an unique setup with potential.

@Keybored

Hey there! I already have a couple variations of this RP going, but after reading about your 'oodles of creativity' on your profile, perhaps we can come up with a unique twist or a new and interesting plot?? I've been toying around with various Pokemon-themed crossovers... Medieval Ages, Star Wars, Pirates... do any of these pique your interest by chance?