• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Scizor help

G

Ghastly

My Scizor is Pwning everything in sight, but the thing she lacks badly is speed.
I need a moveset that goes with High attack and low speed.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Scizor
-X-Scissor
-Iron Head
-Aerial Ace/Night Slash
-Agility/Aerial Ace/Night Slash

Yeah, I've never noticed how Scizor's Speed stat is so low. But this moveset should serve her well.

X-Scissor and Iron Head, both are powerful Physical moves and will recieve STAB.

Aerial Ace or Night Slash. Either is fine, but I'm more biased towards Aerial Ace for some reason. Your choice though.

And I guess there's a reason why Scizor can learn Agility. :p If your speed problem is bugging you too much then I suggest Agility. Scizor has nice Defense and decent Special Defense, and so taking a turn or two to use Agility may be attractive.

If you're not a fan of moves like Agility, then just go with what you didn't chose for the third move. Like if you chose Aerial Ace as the third but don't want Agility as the fourth then just stick Night Slash on there.

If it really bugs you and you want the speed to be higher just feed it Carbos XP (Speed is the carbos right?) Also you should learn Agility, for awhile, and just use it alot and the EV will go up for Agility when she levels. (EV=Effort Value) That way she gets faster and you dont need to have Agility on there forever, thats how I got most of mine super strong anyway. Also giving them speed/power/whatever raising items like iron and stuff makes them like you more, so if your a rich trainer, I suggest that! Or do both and I bet she'll be as fast as a rapidash in about ten levels lol^^

Also you should learn Agility, for awhile, and just use it alot and the EV will go up for Agility when she levels. (EV=Effort Value) That way she gets faster and you dont need to have Agility on there forever

That, um, is not how EVs work. EVs go up based on which Pokemon you're fighting, not what attack you use. If, for example, you're fighting a Pokemon who excels mainly in Speed, like Dugtrio, then you will get Speed EVs.

i'd actually recommend raising the scyther to at least 50 and then evolving it; i've never heard of a pokemon LOSING a stat upon evo.

that is to say, a stat that was already counted for.

G

Ghastly

scizor.jpg

Is that a good scizor?