• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join School Of The Half-Bloods

No, I don't mean the Harry Potter half-bloods. Mudbloods and Purebloods together? Nope!

Jokes aside, yes this is inspired by the famous series, 'Heroes of Olympus' and 'Descendants of the Sun'. It was my childhood favourite and I'd like to explore more about the different mythologies. It can be anything, Greek, Roman, Norse, Celtic, Chinese, etc.

I hope that y'all would come up with more diverse with your godly parent/descent. In this RP, you can choose two different paths, be a descendant, or a demigod.

Demigods are more potent in power, having their roots be closer to their godly parent. However, they can lack diversity in their powers. They start of adept with their demigod powers and have a closer bond to their godly parent.

Descendants can be pure or mixed, either way, they have more options, but less control over their powers as they are further away from their roots. They have a weaker bond with their godly ancestors compared to the demigods. However, once trained enough, they can reach the power scale of a demigod; they just take more effort and time to reach their pinnacle. They start off as a novice.

Despite having to distinct types of students, the school mixes the two bloods in one class, only separating them when it comes to training period. Bear in mind that there are multiple schools that focuses on Demigods and Descendants.

Of course there aren't many descendants as most have already forgotten their legends and roots, perhaps some didn't even have any legends. Therefore, the descendants spots are limited, I'm only allowing 3 or 4, depending on the amount of effort put into the character bios(not including my character) It's not a first come first serve basis, so please put a little more effort in your bios.

This takes place in a Highschool, therefore, no character should be under the age of 14. I recommend everyone being in the same age group, that way, it's more easier to interact. There are a total of four classes;

Class A(Consists of mostly demigods, very little descendants)
Class B(Demigods>Descendants)
Class C(Demigods>Descendants)
Class D(Descendants>Demigods)(Last Class, a grand total of 10 people)

Before your bios, I'd like to ask you this question, do we want to start as freshmen, or sophomore and establish the different popularity rankings? It'd make things a lot easier as the characters would have established a few relationships and their status in school in their sophomore years.

Bios:

Name:
Appearance(I accept pictures if you want to add them):
Class:
Descent? Or Demigod?:
Godly Parent/Ancestor(s):
Power(be descriptive and creative):
Personality(At least a paragraph):
Likes(Optional):
Dislikes(Optional):
School Status(Only if we collectively agree on starting out in the Sophomore year):
Other(s):

I expect proper grammar in posts, I don't mind the small mistakes and the misspells, just don't make your posts impossible to understand.

Paragraphs are preferred, but I understand we all have those days when we just don't feel like it. Don't force yourself to type out paragraphs, do what you can.

I'll edit the post and add my character in later, I'm just posting this to see if it'll interest anyone. The focus of this RP would be the interhigh competitions between the other schools(yeah, I got motivated by Keijo too)

Happy role-playing!

My character(s):

Name: Raegan Nightingale

Appearance: Raegan possesses long dark hair that is cut choppy and unevenly, with thin strands braided down on the side. She never spends too much time on her appearance like most other teenagers of her age do, in fact she doesn't even care about her appearance. Her eyes are of a darker shade of green, sometimes brightening under the sun. Raegan normally dons a hoodie wherever she goes. She has a strange array of dark coloured jeans and leather pants. Her shirts mostly have words printed on it. Raegan's favourite t-shirt is a white tee with the words "Parental Advisory, Explicit Content" printed on the front of the shirt. She carries around her guitar case, absolutely refusing to leave it somewhere else like the music room or her locker. She usually wears a beanie or a cap worn backwards. Raegan's complexion is slightly tanned, owing to her Egyptian blood.

Class: C

Descent? Or demigod?: Descent
Godly Parent/Ancestor(s): A mix-blood of Ullr, God of Winter, Hunts and Duels, and Sekhmet, Goddess of Lions, Fire and Vengeance.

Power: Cyrokinesis, she can create frost from thin air and decrease the temperature on a whim. At more advanced levels, her range increases and her attacks are more potent, this is the same with her pyrokineses, except she could already shoot out jets of flames in her novice levels. Utilizing the two elements at the same time, she can generate wind through convection currents. Mixed with her creative mind, she's flexible with her abilities. All she needs is the right push into that direction.

Personality: Raegan is competitive to the core. She strives and works hard to achieve the best position to beat the rest, therefore she often feels threatened when someone strong crosses her path. This would often lead to bickering and Raegan would not stop until she's proved herself to be stronger. That was her main drive. After finding out that her results were so bad and could only put her in the 3rd class, she was devastated. She felt that she had failed herself and disappointed her parents. Determined not to feel the same way ever again, Raegan forced herself to remain passive, locking away her competitive spirit. She's now left without her fiery personality and opted for a more laid-back and controlled attitude.

Raegan does give off a rather serious aura when it comes to work but she's able to joke around and taunt, sometimes taking it a little to far. She isn't the best with words, opting to let her actions speak for herself.

Other(s):

-A pistol is hidden in her guitar case
-She doesn't have a sexual preference

Last edited:
Mind if I join this one? I'm choosing the be the son of one of my favorite gods to play as in SMITE.

Name: Bruce Ortiz
Appearance(I accept pictures if you want to add them): Bruce stands at a mere inch above five feet and weights one hundred and forty-two pounds. His skin is relatively tan, and his hair is very dark brown. He wears a Boston Red Sox baseball cap, and black T-Shirt with the Batman logo on it. His jeans are a bit torn around the knees, and he prefers to wears white Nike sneakers over his beige dress socks.
Class: A
Descent? Or Demigod?: Demigod
Godly Parent/Ancestor(s): Camazotz, the Mayan god of bats
Power(be descriptive and creative): Bruce can see perfectly fine in total darkness, has the ability to consume any type of blood without getting even remotely sick, can talk to bats of all species, can glide in the air, and can hang upside down from any surface. He also can go up to 168 hours (an entire week) without getting any sleep whatsoever.

Personality(At least a paragraph): Bruce is far from squeamish, being the son of a blood-sucking bat god and all. He is prone to getting angry, but if you avoid driving him "batty", he'll be your friend. Bruce is smart for his age, and is above average in athletics. Bruce is honestly a bit of a weirdo even by demigod standards. He is more of a night owl than anybody else he has ever met. His sense of humor is naturally dark and twisted, but otherwise good. And last but not least, Bruce has a soft spot for all creatures of the night (especially bats), and happens to be a bit of an insomniac (yet this doesn't affect him much at all).

Likes(Optional): The Boston Red Sox, old vampire movies, dark caves, anything having to do with Batman
Dislikes(Optional): The New York Yankees, the Twilight books, gratuitous amounts of light
School Status(Only if we collectively agree on starting out in the Sophomore year):
Other(s): Obviously from somewhere near the Boston area. Doesn't have the typical Bostonian accent though.

Mind if I join this one? I'm choosing the be the son of one of my favorite gods to play as in SMITE.

Name: Bruce Ortiz
Appearance(I accept pictures if you want to add them): Bruce stands at a mere inch above five feet and weights one hundred and forty-two pounds. His skin is relatively tan, and his hair is very dark brown. He wears a Boston Red Sox baseball cap, and black T-Shirt with the Batman logo on it. His jeans are a bit torn around the knees, and he prefers to wears white Nike sneakers over his beige dress socks.
Godly Parent/Ancestor(s): Camazotz, the Mayan god of bats
Power(be descriptive and creative): Bruce can see perfectly fine in total darkness, has the ability to consume any type of blood without getting even remotely sick, can talk to bats of all species, can glide in the air, and can hang upside down from any surface. He also can go up to 168 hours (an entire week) without getting any sleep whatsoever.

Personality(At least a paragraph): Bruce is far from squeamish, being the son of a blood-sucking bat god and all. He is prone to getting angry, but if you avoid driving him "batty", he'll be your friend. Bruce is smart for his age, and is above average in athletics. Bruce is honestly a bit of a weirdo even by demigod standards. He is more of a night owl than anybody else he has ever met. His sense of humor is naturally dark and twisted, but otherwise good. And last but not least, Bruce has a soft spot for all creatures of the night (especially bats), and happens to be a bit of an insomniac (yet this doesn't affect him much at all).

Likes(Optional): The Boston Red Sox, old vampire movies, dark caves, anything having to do with Batman
Dislikes(Optional): The New York Yankees, the Twilight books, gratuitous amounts of light
Other(s): Obviously from somewhere near the Boston area. Doesn't have the typical Bostonian accent though.
Accepted!

Name - Lena Reverie

Age - 14

Appearance - Appearance - Lena has very pale skin which doesn't really make sense considering she's outside a lot she also has "heavenly" light grey eyes that seem like they could stare right through your soul. Her pixie cut hair is jet black with many pure blonde streaks randomly scattered throughout it, she is normally seen wearing a white hoodie with the words "Doom" written in black on the front of it. She wears black skinny jeans that look fairly normal besides the fact that they seem a bit faded, on her feet she sports matching black combat boots with white soles. Lastly on her left hand she has a black and white fingerless glove and most of the time she'll have her shackle around her shoulder. Also she's a relatively normal sized girl for her age, as she stands at 5'5.

Class - A

Descent Or Demigod? - Demigod

Godly Parent - Moros ( Greek God of Impending Doom )

Power - She has the ability to make others feel overwhelming fear, it can range from loosing focus, to straight up making someone go insane. But their are limits, when used she could become colder almost emotionless for a while, normally though she will just become extremely pale and dizzy.

Personality - Apathetic, Normally chill, Never gives up on a friend, Introverted, Somewhat fearless, Can be joyful at times, doesn't do well with new people, Would do anything to restore balance to the Olympus, She has a tendency not to listen to people in higher authority, A little manipulative, Always a bit hesitant when going into battle,

Likes - Proving people wrong, Studying Anceint Ruins, Reading about wars and battles, Taking cold baths, The feeling when you finally get to punch that person you've been wanting to punch, Calm and collected people,

Dislikes - Any weather over 70 Degrees, Overly complicated instructions, Any type of prank, People who think their superior to everyone else, Pointless passtimes, Extremely crowded places, Obnoxious and idiotic people,

School Status - Freshmen

Other(s) - She has a slight Canadian accent mostly because of her grandfather. She is also Pansexual which just means she's attracted to someone no matter their gender or sexual orientation.

Last edited:
Name - Lena Reverie

Age - 16

Appearance - Appearance - Lena has very pale skin which doesn't really make sense considering she's outside a lot she also has "heavenly" light grey eyes that seem like they could stare right through your soul. Her pixie cut hair is jet black with many pure blonde streaks randomly scattered throughout it, she is normally seen wearing a white hoodie with the words "Doom" written in black on the front of it. She wears black skinny jeans that look fairly normal besides the fact that they seem a bit faded, on her feet she sports matching black combat boots with white soles. Lastly on her left hand she has a black and white fingerless glove and most of the time she'll have her shackle around her shoulder. Also she's a relatively normal sized girl for her age, as she stands at 5'6.

Class - A

Descent Or Demigod? - Demigod

Godly Parent - Moros ( Greek God of Impending Doom )

Power - She has the ability to make others feel overwhelming fear, it can range from loosing focus, to straight up making someone go insane. But their are limits, when used she could become colder almost emotionless for a while, normally though she will just become extremely pale and dizzy.

Personality - Apathetic, Normally chill, Never gives up on a friend, Introverted, Somewhat fearless, Can be joyful at times, doesn't do well with new people, Would do anything to restore balance to the Olympus, She has a tendency not to listen to people in higher authority, A little manipulative, Always a bit hesitant when going into battle,

Likes - Proving people wrong, Studying Anceint Ruins, Reading about wars and battles, Taking cold baths, The feeling when you finally get to punch that person you've been wanting to punch, Calm and collected people,

Dislikes - Any weather over 70 Degrees, Overly complicated instructions, Any type of prank, People who think their superior to everyone else, Pointless passtimes, Extremely crowded places, Obnoxious and idiotic people,

School Status - Sophomore

Other(s) - She has a slight Canadian accent mostly because of her grandfather. She is also Pansexual which just means she's attracted to someone no matter their gender or sexual orientation.
Sophomore is 15, not 16.

Yay! I can finally use my username for something! Alright if I'm a Titaness? And if I bend the rules as much as possible?

Name: Sakiya Tasari Sabishi

Appearance: Long green hair let loose and pale skin, Sakiya in her Pure Form is a wonder to behold. She has a wolf tail, deer antlers, and dragon wings, but the rest of her features are human, bright blue eyes with a curious touch to them.

Godly Parent/Ancestor(s): Anchiale, who is mother of the Dactyls and a Titaness of metal-working, highly suspected to be Rhea. Her father is a nokken, a shape-shifting water spirit in mythology and folklore who usually appeared in forms of other creatures.

It could also be said that Sakiya's father is Seker the smithy from Egyptian mythology and her mother is a nokken.

Power(be descriptive and creative): She can i shape shift into anything alive, such as plants or animal. She cannot control when she shifts, nor is she conscious when it happens. She can also take on the abilities of any types of metal she touches, such as strength or magnetic properties. This happens as soon as she makes contact with the metal, and isn't a choice. She is reverted to normal after drinking or eating anything. However, having touched so much metal in her lifetime has made Sakiya quiet and secluded from the world.

Personality: A whole paragraph? Well, she is, as mentioned, quiet and secluded. She is also cruel and merciless to most, not caring to people's emotions. However, she is creative and overjoyed when it comes to smithing, often messing up her hands until unrecognizable. While sociable when people are into her ideals, she tends to turn away anybody aside from that. She believes in what Confucius said about an eye for an eye, and strongly justifies vengeance. Doesn't like to show off her powers most of the time.

Likes(Optional): In a bit!

Dislikes(Optional): In a bit!

School Status: Same as everybody else.

Other(s): I'll do it later!

Last edited:
Thanks! Also, if you want to you can place me into any class because I feel like theirs going to be a lot of people in A.
Actually, I don't mind if A class is going to be packed, there's definitely a limit, but the first plot arc focuses on how the students react about the hierarchy between the classes. Having more A classed people means there's more opportunities to see the 'elites' face the consequences :D

Are you fine with having your character as a sophomore, though? Majority(well, for now. Because no one really answered my question in the original post), have chosen to be freshmen.

Ah, she's a demigod, sorry for making it weird and confusing. Anchiale actually re-marries a long time after the Dactyls, and has birth just before the Gods take over, one of them stopping the baby from progressing in time since 16/14 years ago. That should help out the 'My mom is a Titan' situation.

Ah, she's a demigod, sorry for making it weird and confusing. Anchiale actually re-marries a long time after the Dactyls, and has birth just before the Gods take over, one of them stopping the baby from progressing in time since 16/14 years ago. That should help out the 'My mom is a Titan' situation.
Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up

Actually, I don't mind if A class is going to be packed, there's definitely a limit, but the first plot arc focuses on how the students react about the hierarchy between the classes. Having more A classed people means there's more opportunities to see the 'elites' face the consequences :D

Are you fine with having your character as a sophomore, though? Majority(well, for now. Because no one really answered my question in the original post), have chosen to be freshmen.

I'm fine with anything as long as I get to roleplay. ;)

Name: Hugo Karabell
Appearance: Although nearly completely human in his appearance, his serpentine features are his defining characteristic. He has chin-length black hair the consistency of straw and an oblong face, which quickly gives away his Hispanic roots. He wears bland clothing overlapping his scrawny frame, although his preferred style includes shirts with snarky sayings and cargo pants. He has feet and hands like a crocodile's, each finger and toe tipped with an elongated nail. Dark green scales dot his face like freckles and surround his golden, slit eyes. His mouth holds both fanged teeth and a forked tongue.
Vipera.png

(I couldn't fix the sizing. Sorry.)
Descendant or Demigod?: Technically descendant
Godly Parent/Ancestor: Loki, Norse god of mischief and fire (Son of the Midgard Serpent's, Jormungandr's, human manifestation)
Power: Telepathy, heat sensitivity, heightened sense of taste, heightened sense of smell. On more advanced levels, he'll be able to project an image of himself into others' minds and manipulate their thoughts.
Personality: Aside from a sarcastic or degrading remark, Hugo will hardly speak unless prompted and has a hard time speaking in English, as he and his younger brother were both raised in Kristiansund, Norway. He’s uncomfortable around large groups of people and has to spend a couple hours each day locked away in his room or wandering the estate alone to unwind. He holds a great deal of anger and bitterness that he uses to fuel himself and can sometimes gets lost in his own emotions if he focuses on them too long. He has a very “shoot first, ask questions later” mindset. He’s analytical, but only to an extent, and can also be seen as controlling and easily flustered. He seems rather sadistic and acerbic in his mannerisms, but is greatly willing to take on other people's pain without seeking anything in return.
Likes: Poetry, analogies and metaphors, puzzles, peace and silence
Dislikes: Prolonged socialization, cheer, being doted on or cared for
School Status: Sophomore
Other(s):
-Is regularly attracted to those who dislike or even hate him
-His birth mom died shortly after giving birth to his younger, half-brother, so he was mostly raised by his brother's father and step-mom

Last edited:
Name: Hugo Karabell
Appearance: Although nearly completely human in his appearance, his serpentine features are his defining characteristic. He has chin-length black hair the consistency of straw and an oblong face, which quickly gives away his Hispanic roots. He wears bland clothing overlapping his scrawny frame, although his preferred style includes shirts with snarky sayings and cargo pants. He has feet and hands like a crocodile's, each finger and toe tipped with an elongated nail. Dark green scales dot his face like freckles and surround his golden, slit eyes. His mouth holds both fanged teeth and a forked tongue.
Vipera.png

(I couldn't fix the sizing. Sorry.)
Descendant or Demigod?: Technically descendant
Godly Parent/Ancestor: Loki, Norse god of mischief and fire (Son of the Midgard Serpent's, Jormungandr's, human manifestation)
Power: Telepathy, heat sensitivity, heightened sense of taste, heightened sense of smell. On more advanced levels, he'll be able to project an image of himself into others' minds and manipulate their thoughts.
Personality: Aside from a sarcastic or degrading remark, Hugo will hardly speak unless prompted and has a hard time speaking in English, as he and his younger brother were both raised in Kristiansund, Norway. He’s uncomfortable around large groups of people and has to spend a couple hours each day locked away in his room or wandering the estate alone to unwind. He holds a great deal of anger and bitterness that he uses to fuel himself and can sometimes gets lost in his own emotions if he focuses on them too long. He has a very “shoot first, ask questions later” mindset. He’s analytical, but only to an extent, and can also be seen as controlling and easily flustered. He seems rather sadistic and acerbic in his mannerisms, but is greatly willing to take on other people's pain without seeking anything in return.
Likes: Poetry, analogies and metaphors, puzzles, peace and silence
Dislikes: Prolonged socialization, cheer, being doted on or cared for
School Status: Sophomore
Other(s):
-Is regularly attracted to those who dislike or even hate him
-His birth mom died shortly after giving birth to his younger, half-brother, so he was mostly raised by his brother's father and step-mom
Accepted!

I'll post the starter post later on today. Keep an eye out!

@SpectersSong @Anchiale @Kung Fu Ferret

Name: Sephré 'Seph' Naákt
Appearance: Dirty Blond hair, green eyes, tan skin, 6'0", 140 pounds, slender, modestly ripped, wears a black button up shirt, grey slacks, and black leather shoes, leather satchel, all of which is fire proof
Godly Parent/Ancestor(s): Sekhmet, Egyptian goddess of the sun, war, destruction, plagues and healing
Power: Can summon and control fire, has expansive knowledge and ability in multiple Egyptian weapons, specifically Khopeshes, ability to summon or cure minor illnesses, ability to cure minor injuries by touch, expansive knowledge in medical procedures, can summon his weapon of choice- a Khopesh that lights on fire given by his mother, can transform into a lion (Sekhmet's Animal), immune to fire and light
Personality: Seph is generally known to be intelligent and outgoing. Definitely not shy, and will hold a grudge against enemies. Believes in honor and honesty, generally loyal. Very sarcastic at times, but knows how to control it. When encountered with a problem, he generally waits for input from others before rushing into action. Very unselfish, he would rather help someone in need than himself.
Dislikes: N/A
School Status: New Kid
Other(s): N/A

Last edited:
Name: Sephré 'Seph' Naákt
Appearance: Dirty Blond hair, green eyes, tan skin, 6'0", 140 pounds, slender, modestly ripped, wears a black button up shirt, grey slacks, and black leather shoes, leather satchel, all of which is fire proof
Godly Parent/Ancestor(s): Sekhmet, Egyptian goddess of the sun, war, destruction, plagues and healing
Power: Can summon and control fire, has expansive knowledge and ability in multiple Egyptian weapons, specifically Khopeshes, ability to summon or cure minor illnesses, ability to cure minor injuries by touch, expansive knowledge in medical procedures, can summon his weapon of choice- a Khopesh that lights on fire given by his mother, can transform into a lion (Sekhmet's Animal), immune to fire and light
Personality: Seph is generally known to be intelligent and outgoing. Definitely not shy, but will hold a grudge against enemies.
Dislikes: N/A
School Status: New Kid
Other(s): N/A
Sorry, I'm afraid you'd have to put a little more depth for this character's personality. Otherwise he will not be accepted. I've started that the bare minimum would be a paragraph(easily 6 sentences)

Name: Gabriel Guedes

Appearance: Black hair, tanned skin, 5'8 feet. He is usually seen wearing sleeveless shirts and jeans. His uncommun traits include flaming eyes (his father characteristics) and marks in his arms and chest, the marks shiny in red when he use his powers.

Demigod

Godly Parent: Anhangá( Brazillian God of the Underworld, Hunt and Animals.)

Power: Gabriel is able to morph and transform into any person, animal or animal fusion(chimeras) that weighs less than 5 tons, but he need practice as he will return to his original form if he lose his concetration . Since his father is the god of the hunt, Gabriel posses an incredible aim and instincts. He doesn't seems to have inherited the demonic part of his father's powers.

Personality: Gabriel is intelligent and a he can be pretty manipulative. Despite being loyal with his friends, Gabriel will lie to them if he thinks he need to. Flirty and outgoing, he likes to meet nice people, but will become bored if forced to chat with unknown people for too long. He is kinda selfish and cruel towards anyone he doesn't like.

Likes: Hot weather, flying in animal form, chatting with friends and reading.

Dislikes: Having to chat with unknown people.

School Status: Freshman.