• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Rules for the Spriters and Artworks Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Never figured these needed to be laid out, but here they are for your reading pleasure. If I'm missing any that people would like to see, PM me and I'll make the needed edits:

1. Important: Always read the topic creator's posts - particularly their first post - when replying to their thread about requests and the like. If they have specific rules on requests, commissions, art trades, etc., pay attention to them and follow them. If they do not state to be taking any requests, don't ask them if they are (it's annoying). Finally, don't whine if they turn down your request - they have every right to do so.

2. This falls in line with the global rules on SPAM. Don't post freakishly short posts to pictures such as "I like it", "You're awesome", etc. At least try to make the effort to give them some constructive feedback.

3. Don't bash art. The way people become better is through feedback on what they're doing wrong and how they could improve. Simply saying "I don't like this. It's ugly" isn't doing the artist any good aside from pissing them off or smiting their self-esteem. Say something helpful, or just don't reply.

4. Never post/claim/steal/use any sprites or artwork from other spriters/artists that aren't yours unless permission has been given in advance. If you can't figure out why, you deserve more than a warning.

5. You are expected to have at least two pieces of art to showcase if you intend to start a topic to show off your art. Any offending topics will be locked.

These rules will be enforced the same as the global. You break 'em, you're warned. You CAN post your own request topic asking for a specific picture, just don't post requests in threads that state to be taking none. In the end, the creator of a thread sets the rules of it.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Right.

As with the Sprite forum, you are expected to have at least two pieces of art to showcase if you intend to start a topic to show off your art.

Any offending topics will be locked.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Since the other "new rule" sticky is no longer new, I merged it and added it into the general Artworks Board rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.