• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Ruko's Battle thread

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
So, this is my battle thread. I'll accept battle from people who are willing to follow my rules.
One thing I hate above all else, are unoriginal teams when I'm battling, so I'm going to use a slightly different set of rules that the Standard Pokécharms set. If you would prefer to battle with the standard rules here, just tell me and I'll -probably- still battle you.
My friend code is under my avatar or in my profile.

First all of these rules are the same as the Standard set of Pokécharms:

• No more than one of each item
  • No Soul Dew
  • A tie is equivalent to a loss for both players
  • No Hax'd Pokemon. Pokemon with attacks that they simply cannot learn, or abilities that they cannot have, or with hax'd stats will see you disqualified

The Following Pokemon are completely banned and should not be used at all:

• All forms of Deoxys
  • Groudon
  • Kyogre
  • Rayquaza
  • Ho-Oh
  • Lugia
  • Mew
  • Mewtwo
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Regigigas
  • Giratina
  • Cresselia
  • Heatran
  • Manaphy
  • Darkrai
  • Arceus

Out of the following Pokemon, you are allowed only one of these on your team:

• Articuno
  • Zapdos
  • Moltres
  • Entei
  • Suicune
  • Raikou
  • Regirock
  • Regice
  • Registeel
  • Latias
  • Latios
  • Azelf
  • Uxie
  • Mespirit
  • Celebi
  • Phione
  • Shaymin
  • Jirachi
  • Snorlax
  • Dragonite
  • Tyranitar
  • Metagross
  • Salamence
  • Garchomp
spiritomb and blissey removed from this list

Those are the rules I'm leaving as is, but the following ones I'd like to change ;)

No more than one Pokemon of each species on a team
I'm changing this so that, you can have a Scyther and Scizor on the same team.
or make a team of Eevee evolutions. such teams would be illegal under the standard Pokécharms rules.

of the 12 Fully evolved starters, you may only use two.
This restricts the use of starters, but in a more balanced way. You can use as many of the pre-evos as you want, so long as you don't use the same evo twice.

Blissey and Skarmory ARE allowed on the same team
I won't be doing it, but I disagree with this rule as a standard.

of the following list, in addition to the one above, you are only allowed one pokemon
  • Weavile
  • Electivire
  • Magmortar
  • Togekiss
  • PorygonZ
  • Gallade
  • Lucario
  • Magnezone*
  • Probopass*
  • Yanmega*
you can use one pokemon from this list, and one from the list farther above, but you can't have two from the first list, or two from this list.

I realize some of these are debatable, PM me if you have a problem with any of these on the list... I just decided to take everything in the 'Dex from Weavile to Froslass and throw it on, because those pokemon are way overused and overpowered. Some of them I assume are overpowered, just because of their placement. THIS LIST IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE [though I'll probably only be removing pokemon from it].

[LOG OF CHANGES]
Lucario added for having an immense moveset, being way overused, and amazing stats

*Probopass, Yanmega, and Magnezone under speculation as is, and may be removed... PM me if you have any reason to remove or keep them in particular.

As of now, the pokemon I use for battle are as follows:
  • Latias [very rarely anymore]
  • Tyranitar
  • Gengar
  • Aerodactyl
  • Ninjask
  • Shedinja [be ready for it ;)]
  • Umbreon
  • Nidoking
  • Swellow
  • Ninetales
  • Breloom
  • Kingdra
  • Kangaskhan
  • Staraptor
  • Muk
  • Cloyster

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I didn't want it to be too complicated... but it came out that way >>;
and I know a bunch of people aren't going to battle under these rules

You can use Lucario, but nobody else on the same list as Lucario. You can use Lucario and one other pokemon on the other restricted list. Use who you want from there. I'll be away for the rest of today, though... battle tomorrow, Jewlost?

LoN, I'm not sure how to interpret your post...

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
it seems to happen to me a lot lately... it should get better once I'm done moving.
chances are it was my router that disconnected.

[edit]
good game ;)

Why did you ban Heatran and Regigigas? The only thing Heatran can do is Fire Choice Scarf Overheats at people and switch out once it's done. And Regigigas could easily get pwned in a few turns before Slow Start is finished.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
A Regigigas with protect only needs to live for one turn
Heatran has 130 base special attack, and both defense bases over 100, and half decent speed. It can do plenty if you ask me

on top of that, the first list is just carried over from the standard pokecharms rules ;p
typically I don't like fighting -any- legends.

[edit]

I did some looking up on Regigigas, and it turns out the thing can't learn Protect, as well as slow start lasting two more turns than I thought. I was going to move it down until I noticed its base defense stats; it has 110 in all three making for a really nice means of stalling for five turns. Throw a confuse Ray or Thunderwave into the moveset and you can delay without problem.