• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Rolly's Sprites!

This is some sprites I've made. Some of 'em are kinda old and some are all new. Still learning.

Here are some sprites i made:

(They are not transparent, sorry)

Trainer Sprites!

Trainer_Sprites_by_Printscrp.png

Jonah Galvani

jonah_casual_by_printscrp-d31d5vs.png

Jonah, in more casual clothes

Random:

Trainer_Sprite___Rick_by_Printscrp.png

Rick

Trainer_Sprite___Rival_Girl_by_Printscrp.png

Mia

Trainer_Sprite___Girl_Hero_by_Printscrp.png

Annie

gardenias_littlesister_by_printscrp-d31d5uq.png

An attempt of making a little sister for Gardenia, her name is Lily

didric_by_printscrp-d31d5r8.png

Didric

didric_themed_by_printscrp-d31d5t0.png

Recolored Didric (looks a little like Oliver Twist to me)

Mugshots!

Hero_Mugshot_by_Printscrp.png

Jonah

Hero_Mugshot_Backgrounded_by_Printscrp.png

Jonah, but with background.

Hero_Mugshot__Girl_by_Printscrp.png

Annie

Hero_Girl_Mugshot_Backgrounded_by_Printscrp.png

Annie, but with background

Revamps

revamped_dratini_by_printscrp-d36kztf.png

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
Re: My first sprites...

your trainer sprites are very good I like how they are put together :)

Last edited by a moderator:

They look very well made and very custom. Don't worry about the transparency, I have the same problem. But overall, they look excellent for you first sprites. Keep on going

Wow thank you! ;D Those comments really made my day :) Gonna upload some more in a short amount of time

Gosh, these are really good! They're very well put together, and I like Annie's sprite best, it's very nice. Keep spriting, I'd like to see more. ;)

These are VERY impressive. Way better than I could do! Great job! I love them all, wonderful put-togethers!

Here is some Mugshots I made:
(more is to come)+

Hero_Mugshot_by_Printscrp.png

Jonah

Hero_Mugshot_Backgrounded_by_Printscrp.png

Jonah, but with background.

Hero_Mugshot__Girl_by_Printscrp.png

Annie

Hero_Girl_Mugshot_Backgrounded_by_Printscrp.png

Annie, but with background

Unfortunatley they look really evil, but they are actually good guys

Once again they are not transparent.

You're doing very well ^^

My favorite, by far, is Mia. She looks great ^^

If I may say, though, Jonah's mugshot, great as it is, does look a biiiiiit like Morty still. But it's still great! Fantastic job :)

It is made from the Morty Mugshot ;) I'll try and fix it so it look less Morty:ish

I really like Mia. You're really good at splicing the poses together. You've got a really good eye for this. :) I can't wait to see more.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Not bad for a first time. ^^ Though it seems like you just copy/paste parts of one trainer to another, you somehow seem to be able to make each part flow together rather nicely.

I'm probably going to stalk this thread to see how much you improve in the future ;)

Shiny Eevee said:
Not bad for a first time. ^^ Though it seems like you just copy/paste parts of one trainer to another, you somehow seem to be able to make each part flow together rather nicely.

The thing is, that's exactly what I'm doing, but I keep on trying parts until they look like something from the game... I also change colors and tries to make the most impossible combinations work out together. Thanks :)

Oh my god. ;u;

Those sprites are even better than mine right now. One thing, though. Rick's face seems a little...off, you know? He looks a little cross-eyed, and I can't see his chin. I'd suggest trying to make the eye on our left a little smaller than the right. As for the transparency, GIMP is a free program that can let use make images transparent.

These are some pretty good sprites, although a few sprites seem a little messy (i.e. the edges of some are lacking pixels, etc.) and the mugshots are very similar to their originals.

Nevertheless, your sprites are pretty great already for someone starting off. The more you sprite, the more you improve so I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on in the future.

Wow, it's been a while!

Here are some new sprites!
jonah_casual_by_printscrp-d31d5vs.png

Jonah, in more casual clothes

gardenias_littlesister_by_printscrp-d31d5uq.png

An attempt of making a little sister for Gardenia, her name is Lily

didric_by_printscrp-d31d5r8.png

Didric, a little rascal that likes to do pranks with his Ratata Ratson

didric_themed_by_printscrp-d31d5t0.png

Recolored Didric (looks a little Oliver Twist to me)

That's all for now! I'm gonna update more from now on, hopefully...

This work is really good! I like Jonah, because he looks cool, and Didric's second costume does look like Oliver Twist. Great spritework, please start to make requests! :D

Stamgalaki: Thanks ;D
Louie: Thinking of, but need a bit more experience first :)

vladimir_by_printscrp-d31rl3f.png

Vladimir

NEW SPRITE!

A little vampire/halloween inspired... He loves his Zubats!

I goota tell you, I'm very impressed. These being your first sprites, it makes the whole gallery that more impressive. Those are some serious sprites, honestly. You're much, mjuch better than I was when I started, and modest too. Give yourself a round of applause.

Nice Halloween sprite by the way!

Oh my gosh!!! These are the best I have ever seen for someone who is new at this!!! Lily is sooo cute!!!! Will you take requests soon??? ;D

Perhaps, I think i need more practice on this. Just know how to splice by now (can do some scrtaching and editing but nothing good ) :D

And thx :D

Kazuki-dono said:
Perhaps, I think i need more practice on this. Just know how to splice by now (can do some scrtaching and editing but nothing good ) :D

And thx :D

No way!!! You are a lot better than a lot of people!!! Keep up the good work!

Wow thanks :D

Well, gotta learn to scratch new parts and stuff so.. :) But in a nearby fututre I might take splicing requests.

Sort of, I spliced it using School Boy and Camper sprites from Pearl/Diamond, and then I recoulored it and took away some old lines and stuff :)

Oh...ok. Vladimir looks a little too much like the dragon tamer and the ace trainer from diamond and pearl. Maybe you could make it look less diamond and pearl trainer-ish? That's just a suggestion. You don't have to actually do that if you don't want to.

I thought I'd try something new, and this is the result:

revamped_dratini_by_printscrp-d36kztf.png

Have never made a revamp before so this is my first. I simply revamped the Silver sprite of Dratini (took about 40min).

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Ghosty, while it's nice to comment positively on people's work, posts like that are very spammy. Why are the sprites epic and awesome? Please just keep that in mind next time.

Also, Rolly - again, while it's nice to say thanks for comments, one word posts are most definitely SPAM. You can wait until you next post some work, and then say thank you~

Well, bumping this thread (it has been long dead, but if I'm not completely wrong the author can start it again?)

Anyhow, I've made some sprites.

kimberlee_by_printscrp-d3a8zoz.png

This is Allan, pretty much my new main OC.

kimberlee_by_printscrp-d3a8zr0.png

This is Kimberlee, Allan's rival.

conway_by_printscrp-d3a8zso.png

And Conway, his other rival.

ian_by_printscrp-d3a8zrp.png

Also, there is Allan's brother Ian. He's a rocket, since this OC's are from the Kanto region.

kenneth_by_printscrp-d3kztul.png

I found this sprite just laying around, I can't even remember doing it. Oh well, apparently his name is Kenneth.

That is all. (And still no transparacy)

Bumping again.

Wait, what? Rolly made some Fakemon?

01___jowack_by_printscrp-d40eldq.png

02___boxeroo_by_printscrp-d40elpz.png

03___kanglant_by_printscrp-d40em6d.png

Well, thanks to some more inspiration from Double, I've given them names.

Jowack, the Joey Pokémon (Grass)
Boxeroo, the Boxing Pokémon (Grass/Fighting)
Kanglant, the Kicking Pokémon (Grass/Fighting)

These are the Grass starters for my (might be, at least) Fakedex. Added transparacy. They look kinda blurry to me.

EDIT: Edited the typings.

Wow, those look epic! You even made shinies! :D

As for names.... I was thinking of kangaroos myself at one point XP But I'll let you have the names.

1. Joewac? Like Joey and whack?

2. Thwacaroo, or Kickaroo.

3. Kanglant, like Kangaroo and plant.

I hope you find people with better names than mine XD But I also like your other sprites too. Might I suggest looking for a photo editor, though, as if you have a transparent background it makes things much neater, IMO.

Well, to be honest, your fakemon kind of inspired me to do some for myself.

And, as for the names; I really like Kickaroo (and kinda thought about it myself).

Also, any ideas for some other fakémon, mostly water satrter and fire starter for now. Been thinking about fire/ground and water/flying.