• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Road to the Johto leauge tournament.

For plot ideas and character bios go here https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-journey-to-the-johto-league-tournament.17999/

Drew breathed heavily as he saw the miltank go down. 'Guess the warnings about her were correct.' he thought. ' Even with ten badges I could barley stand up to that beast.' He smiled as he received the plain badge. He nodded at the gym leader before walking out.

When he exited the gym the crisp air of Golden Rod. He looked at the luscious city with it's high buildings and lights that filled the night sky. He headed towards his hotel when his phone dinged. He looked at it and read the bulletin

Team Neo Rocket strikes again. Do to the increased attacks prime minister Gabriel Satigo has issued martial law. Everyone traveling across the country must be accompanied by five other trainers for their own safety.

Drew let out a curse before going to a steak joint near by. He ordered his food and sat in one of the outside tables. He thought of who might have to join him. He let out a breath wondering what this year might lead to.

"H!" said Katie running towards him. Katie started Panting when she got there. "I'm guessing you got the plain badge seeing how you're treating yourself this much" said Katie as she sat down. "How on earth did you afford to eat at a place like this?" said Katie. "Working at a maid cafe pays 20$ an hour and I still rarely eat at a place like this. Did you beat whitney? Was it that much of an accomplishment, 'cause if so I think I need to start training a little more" said Katie. "Are you mad about the news report?"

Last edited:
" Simple." He said to the stranger who somehow knew his name. " I buy the cheapest thing on the menu. Plus my grandfarther's pretty rich." He said. " I'm sorry do I know you?" He asked trying to be as polite as possible.

"We where in the same pokemon school in Johto" said Katie. "We where neighborhood friends" said Katie. "I thought you would remember me" said Katie. "I know, why dont we battle? I have been itching for one. Maybe you might even remember me?"

"Right." He said remembering. He remembered that the one year his farther was assigned to the Johto International Police force. " It's good to see you Kat." He said as he stood up. " So how would you like to do this?" He said as he kept his eyes on her. " One on one, three on three, or a full six v six." He asked.

"2v2, No switch outs!" said Katie. Katie ran over to the other side of the battle field. "All right, come on out partner!" Katie shouted. She threw up her pokeball and a blue flash came out and a phanpy emerged from it. "You got this Rono!"

Drew scratched his chin. 'A phampy.' He thought as he looked at the blue elephant. ' Poli and Nightmare would just desimate it.' He grabbed one of his balls and twirled it into the air before throwing it. " Echo." He said as a golbat flew out of the ball. Both of them made eye contact and nodded. " Super sonic." He said. Echo flew close to Rono as sound waves left's it's big mouth.

"Rollout Now!" said Katie. Using Rollout on the ground made so much noise and the ears moved so much Phanpy didn't hear the Supersonic. "Now use a combination move of Hidden Power (Rock) and Ice Shard" said Katie. A frozen wave of energy flew fast at the golbat.

Echo crashed into the ground. " Echo." Drew said. Echo stood up and simply nodded at him. He nodded back at her. " Bite fallowed by wing attack." He said. Echo pushed forwards as it's teeth grew a couple of inches as she quickly made her way to the phampy. As she did her wings started to glow white.

"Rono!" Katie shouted. Phanpy got hit by both attacks. Rono stumbled back and fainted. "Nice one" Katie yelled to drew. "This one won't be so easy though." Said Katie. She threw up a dive ball and a Politoed Came out. "Use Hydro Pump, Drink Up" said Katie. Politoed used hydro pump directly aiming for the golbats mouth.

Gol bat crashed back into the ground water dirpped from it's mouth as she fainted. " Return." He said. ' Alright.' He thought 'A politoed I could send out Poli but more than likely the battle will just stall. Nightmare.' He thought as he smiled a little bit. " Go nightmare." He said as the a ginger came out of the ball. He smiled like a Cheshire cat as he danced around the politoed. " Shadow ball." He said. A ball of dark energy appeared in the ghosts hand as he fired it at Politoed.

"Spin and use blizzard!" Shouted Katie. The blizzard pushed the shadowball away. The blizzard created an ice wall. "Scald!". Boiling water shot at the ice and made a field of steam.

Nightmare did a little spin and dodged the attack. " Hypnosis." He said as he looked at Nightmare. Nightmare nodded as he braced the blizzard and stood in front of the politoed. His eyes glowed blue as he looked at the little toad.

Politoed fell asleep. "Sleep Talk!" Sahouted Katie. Politoed used hydro pump on the battle field and the gengar started to sink into the mud. "Sleep talk one more time." Said Katie. Next Scald came out.

Gengar quickly dogged the second attack. " Dream eater." Drew said. nightmare got behind the politoed as he pressed his hand against it's skull.

The next attack politoed fell down. "Aww, I lost" said Katie returned her Fogger. "That was amazing! How does your gengar move so fast? My jolteon in my pc doesn't even have that good reflexes. Not to mention I'll pay for whatever you got at the restaurant." Said Katie. "You can't get anything extra though."

" Well." He said as he tried to put a hand around Gengar. " Him and Poli are both seasoned pokemon. " He said. " Both of them helped me make it to the semi finals in the Kanto league tournament. " He said. " So I've been training since he was a Gastley that tried to pull a prank on me all those months ago.

"That was that Gastly?" Said Kat as she started to chuckle. "I remember when you first met him. You looked like a statue!" Said Katie while laughing. "It was Halloween at town! We were taking a field trip to the cave near the village!"