• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Rise of Team Neos

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I have a nice long 10pager for ya :D! And let me just say, this was a very fun chapter to write/type. I hope you guys enjoy it!

Chapter 13: Eve of Destruction

Pokémon fully healed and ready to go: Check.
Lunch break: Check.
Bathroom break: Check.
Ready to kick some ass: Check, check, check, and check!

"Ladies and gentlemen! The final battle of the evening has arrived! Who ever wins this will be participating in the quarter-finals tomorrow! Will it be Brian Nosurname or Eve Illuminati? We'll find out tonight!" rambled the Ref. That guy is way too excited about this. Then again, who am I to argue? Quarter-finals means I only have to deal with three more opponents and I get to use all six of my Pokémon.

"Hey Hotshot!" Eve called over to me flirtatiously. I have to admit, she wasn't half bad looking. She had long whitish blond hair, piercing green eyes, and a Lolita goth outfit consisting of the ridiculously frilly dress and the platform knee high boots.

"Ya?" I responded interestedly.

"I just wanted to warn you ahead of time not to cry when I defeat you wittle baby." she taunted.

"Keke!" I verbally ticked in annoyance.

"She owned you." Axel mocked.

"Sh- shut up!" I stammered. No one has EVER called me a little baby and not gotten their asses kicked. Come to think of it, this s the first time I actually have been called baby.

"Begin!" the Referee shouted. Must focus!

"I'll show you a real baby! Come Espeon!" I called summoning the daughter of my Vaporeon. Fine smooth purple fur covered the Sun Pokémon's body with a thick patch of whiskers under her ears. The red jewel on Espeon's forehead between her large purple eyes and her long forked tail only amplified her psychic powers. Even though Espeon is no longer a baby, she was the first Pokémon I ever hatched making her my first baby.

"Show him playtime is over Luxray!" Eve shouted sending out a lion Pokémon covered in thick black fur with blue fur on its face, hind legs, and part of its torso. Its long tail ended in a yellow star that matched its menacing gold eyes which glared at Espeon threateningly. "Oh? Let me guess, your Espeon is female right?" inquired Eve.

"Yeah, so?" I asked. It took no more than a second to realize what was going on here. Eve's Luxray must also be female with the Rivalry ability. "Crap." I sighed unhappily.

"Tee hee! You figured it out huh? Guess you're not as dumb as you look." my opponent mocked.

"Geh! *Ahem* Right then." I said regaining my composure. If I let her get in my head I'm done for. "Espeon! Swift!" I called. The Sun Pokémon created multiple white energy stars in the fork of her tail, followed by wiping her appendage side to side throwing the stars like homing shurikens that struck Luxray no matter where she tried to dodge to.

"Looks like you're not as predictable as I thought you were." Eve admit. "Charge your power Luxray!" she instructed. The Gleaming Eye Pokémon never took her sinister gaze off of Espeon as yellow and blue sparks began flying off her glowing body.

"Ms. Eve, I am predictably unpredictable." I bragged. "Allow me to demonstrate. Psybeam Espeon!" I shouted. Espeon lowered her head and fired off a rainbow colored beam at her adversary.

"Counter with Charge Beam!" commanded Eve. Luxray opened her mouth wide and began concentrating electrical power into a ball between her jaws. Then with a forceful roar, the Gleaming Eye Pokémon blasted the electricity into a long bright yellow stream that tore through Espeon's Psybeam like a rock through wet paper and struck the Sun Pokémon head on.

"Shit Espeon!" I yelled when she didn't get up. I heard Eve laughing mockingly.

"Don't tell me she's already done after only one attack." she ridiculed playfully. At that second Espeon rose back up after catching her second wind. I didn't think she would have lost so easily.

"Underestimating an opponent is a careless mistake, one that could cost you a battle." I warned. "Let me just show you how wrong you are! Use Quick Attack!" I called. A purple blur streaked down the field ramming head first into Luxray's left flank.

"Awww how cute. The wittle baby thinks he knows phiwosophy." Eve said as if she were talking to a small child. I think I felt an anger vein growing on my forehead as another ‘Ke!' escaped my mouth. "Luxray! Show our toy how he's the one underestimating us with your Bite!" she said more seriously. The lioness flipped around and chomped her maw around the Espeon's shoulders causing the smaller Pokémon to howl in pain. "Continue with Thunder Fang!" Eve ordered sadistically. The Sun Pokémon cried out again at lighting was shot into her wound. As Luxray released her grip her face contorted in pain. By the way the two Pokémon were shaking, I would say Thunder Fang paralyzed the Eeveeloution then Synchronize took care of Luxray.

"That's what happens when you underestimate your enemies." I said in an I-told-you-so way. "Even better, Espeon's attacks are all mental based meaning she can attack so long as her body isn't in too much pain. Espeon! Psychic!" I commanded. Espeon's purple eyes took on a glow of the same color which then surrounded her entire body. Luxray was then surrounded in the violet aura and lifted into the air before being smashed back to the ground.

"Don't let him do this to you Luxray! Use Spark!" shouted Eve. The Gleaming Eye Pokémon's movements were stiff and sluggish as her body began crackling with electricity while she attempted to run at Espeon. It was a pretty pathetic sight; like watching a three legged Poochyena hobbling after a bone.

"You won't get any closer that that. Use Shadow Ball Espeon!" I yelled. The stadium's flood lights made the arena as bright as day. It also left numerous shadows in the corners of the stands and under the competitors themselves, all of which were now being lifted up into a swirling ball of darkness in front of the Sun Pokémon. Espeon pulled her head back dragging the Shadow Ball with her then threw her head forward launching the attack at her vulnerable foe. Luxray instinctively turned her head to the side to protect her face from the incoming attack which exploded into a cloud of darkness on impact.

"Well you're not playing very nice." Eve pouted sadly. Bipolar much?

"You haven't been playing nice since before the battle even started!" I defended.

"But I always play nice with my toys." she said innocently.

"See!?" I shouted pointing at her.

"Pointing is so rude. Didn't your mother teach you anything?" mocked Eve. *Anger vein* "If Luxray is going to have trouble moving, then she'll just have to use Charge to unleash stronger attacks!" she said confidently. Sparks began flying off the lioness as she gathered more power for her next attack.

"If she wants to buy time, then so will we! Future Sight!" I called. Espeon's eyes took on their purple glow again as she called upon mystic forces to summon an attack from the future. Seriously though, how the hell does that work?

"You silly boy, you should know better. Take your advantages while you can! Use Discharge Luxray!" commanded Eve. Luxray roared threateningly as blue lightning began shooting off her body. Then it was almost as if the Pokémon exploded with bright blue bolts flying indiscriminately in every direction.

"Protect!" I shouted urgently. A violet bubble was emitted from the crimson gem on Espeon's forehead until her whole body was enveloped. Just in time too as a random bolt of lightning struck at the Eeveelution's location.

"I hate attacks like this!" cried Axel dodging a stray bolt. When the assault ended, Espeon dropped her barrier. She received a furious glare from Luxray for not taking any damage.

"Did you know Espeon evolve from Eevee by being completely happy with their trainer?" I asked rhetorically. "Well I decided to put that bond to good use. Espeon, show everyone how much you love me with Return!" I said very cutesy like.

"You scare me sometimes." commented the golden monkey by my side. Meanwhile, the Sun Pokémon had lifted her limp body into the air with her psychic powers and thrown herself into Luxray.

"Hee hee." I giggled triumphantly when Luxray didn't get back up.

"Oh how mature." Eve said sarcastically. "You're such a child."

"I was just trying to communicate with you in the only language you seem to understand." I said playfully.

"Goo goo gaa gaa?" were the next sounds to come out of Eve's mouth.

"What?" I questioned.

"Sorry, I was just trying to communicate with you in the only language you seem to understand." teased Eve. Now who's being mature? "Try not to wet yourself now! You're next Steelix!" A giant thirty foot silver serpent with a spiked tail and a giant head carrying massive jaws materialized from its Ultra Ball. One, two fangs, it's a boy. Every other turning metal segment on the Iron Snake's body had two long rods poking out.

"Sorry to disappoint, but I took a bathroom break before the battle." I replied. "Anyway, use Psybeam Espeon!" Espeon fired a rainbow colored ray from the jewel on her head at the giant snake. The psychic attack simply bounced off Steelix's body like it was nothing. Curse steel for being the most durable type!

"*taunting laughter* Is that all your Pokémon can do? Poor baby." Eve mocked. "Steelix! Crunch!" Steelix roared lunging face first to the ground and scooped up my immobile Espeon in its monstrous mouth. He then carried the Sun Pokémon at least 25ft into the air, tossed his head his throwing Espeon higher, caught her again in his mouth, then spit her to the ground. I quickly readied Espeon's Pokeball and returned her as she fell.

"You God damn sociopath, what the hell was that!?" I asked furiously. "You could have killed her!"

"It's not my fault Steelix likes to play rough." Eve said flatly like she was blameless. "Besides, this is the big leagues. If it's too much for you, go home and suck your thumb." I began growling angrily deep within my throat.

"Let me handle this." Axel offered stepping forward. I threw my arm out in font of him.

"Not yet. We don't know what her third Pokémon is, and you don't do so well against Rock and Ground-Type attacks." I pulled a Pokeball from my side. "Let you're student handle this one." I held out the sphere releasing Riolu into the battle. The young Emanation Pokémon got a nervous look on his face after seeing Steelix, a Pokémon that's head was bigger than he was. "You'll be fine Rio!" I encouraged. Sensing my determination, he shook away his doubts and got ready to battle.

"Awww how cute! Another wittle baby for me to pway with!" cheered my opponent.

"And how old are you to think me so young?" I inquired.

"You never ask a woman her age or her weight!" she said offendedly. "But if you want to know my measurements…" she blushed putting her thumb to her lip.

"What? No! Have some decency woman!" I denied. "Riolu! Force Palm!" I commanded. Riolu concentrated his aura into his hand then thrust his blue-glowing palm into one of Steelix's pointed segments sending a burst of energy through the Iron Snake's body. Steelix roared in irritation.

"Fooey. Must be gay." said Eve disappointedly. "Why else would you not want this?" she taunted feeling herself. *anger vein* I don't think I've ever wanted to hit a female this badly in my life. "Bind up that Riolu!" Riolu was quickly surrounded by a thick metal tail and lifted into the air. Steelix held the Emanation Pokémon at eye level just for the sadistic pleasure of watching him squirm. Riolu let out a weak yelp as the snake tightened his grip on him.

"Use Rock Smash on him Rio!" I yelled. As Riolu struggled to get free a purple meteor fell from the sky smashing into Steelix's head. That would be Espeon's revenge. That was just the distraction Riolu needed to free his arms and slam his elbows into the serpent's tail with all of his strength. Steelix subsequently released his captive, letting Riolu fall back to the ground where he landed on his feet.

"Steelix! Drag Riolu underground with Dig!" called Eve. The Iron Snake dove at Riolu head first with an open mouth. Riolu naturally new to avoid the attack and jumped back as Steelix penetrated the arena floor sending a mountain of dirt and debris up around him as the giant serpent went who knows how deep.

"He'll be back up soon Riolu. Detect where he'll be." I advised. The young fighter nodded and closed his red eyes so he could concentrate on locking on to his foe's aura. The second his eyes shot open he quickly turned to his left and jumped backward just as the monstrous Steelix burst back to the surface with his massive maw wide open. Riolu put his arms over his head to block the rain of earth that fell from the sky in the Iron Snake's wake.

"Why do you bother delaying the inevitable?" questioned Eve sarcastically. "You will loose, plain and simple."

"Because by delaying your victory, I can still pull off the win." I retorted. "Observe! Low Kick Riolu!" I shouted. Riolu ran at Steelix, followed by throwing his foot out in front of himself so that he dropped to the ground sliding into the giant serpent foot first. Riolu kicked Steelix in the segment the Iron Snake Pokémon had been using as his center of balance causing the metal monster to collapse. A tremor was created as his body came crashing down.

"Hm. Predictable response. Trying to deny fate when you learn it isn't in your favor. I thought you said you were predictably unpredictable, not predictably childish." Eve said disappointedly. "Steelix! Use Dragonbreath!" she commanded. After lifting himself off the ground, the Steel-type blasted an intense blue flame from his huge mouth at Riolu. The Emanation Pokémon ran to avoid the attack, but the Steelix lived up to his cruel nature by actually turning his head and adjusting how much of his body was up so that he could follow Riolu around the field with his blast until finally striking the young Pokémon.

"Riolu!" I shouted. Riolu weakly got up, rubbed his paws together, and got combat ready again. "I'm glad you're ok Rio." I said relieved. "Now, use Reversal!" I commanded. The young Emanation Pokémon ran around Steelix twice to confuse him before stopping behind the serpent. Riolu grabbed the Iron Snake Pokémon's tail and pulled it causing the Steel-type to fall on his face again.

"Crap. I wasn't expecting this. Your Riolu is stronger than I gave him credit for." Eve admit irritably.

"What did I tell you about underestimating your opponents? Even a youngling like Riolu has untapped potential." I reminded cockily.

"Why do you have to be that way cutie? I just wanted to have some fun, but I'm done playing now. Show no mercy Steelix! Use Stone Edge!" called Eve getting a bit more serious. Steelix slammed his body to the ground causing four huge spears of rock to shoot up around Riolu. "Now Crunch!" she ordered before I could even think of a counter measure. The monstrous snake dived at the trapped Riolu with his jaws opened wide.

"Defense!" was all I could yell before Steelix shattered through his own rock formation picking up Riolu in his giant head and taking him 25ft up like he did with Espeon. I could see the Emanation Pokémon holding the metal serpent's mouth open with his hands on the roof of the mouth between two white square teeth and his feet on the jaw in front of another square tooth. Unfortunately I could tell Rio was loosing the struggle as his limbs began shaking and Steelix's mouth got that much closer to closing shut.

"Push out!" I shouted. Riolu did as told managing to escape the serpent's mouth as it clamped shut sending a metallic ring throughout the stadium. As Riolu fell, I could see him maneuvering in free fall so that he would land safely with minimal damage.

"Finish him with Iron Tail!" I heard Eve shout victoriously. She wouldn't dare! Steelix got a sadistic grin as he lifted his pointed tail, now shimmering in the floodlight with a fresh coat of metal. Riolu yelped as the sharp tail was smashed into his already falling body making his plummet that much faster. I pulled out Riolu's Pokeball and quickly summoned him back before impact. I stared at the ball for awhile to confirm that Riolu had been fainted by that attack.

"This is all a game for you isn't it?" I asked venomously.

"Pretty much. You're just my toy. But don't worry, I'm not going to break you because then you won't be as fun to play with." Eve responded carelessly.

"Axel." I said darkly. "Combo One."

"As you wish. For Riolu!" cried Axel surrounding his right fist in fire. In a single leap he became a gold blur landing his fiery Mach Punch to Steelix's jaw. The Infernape finished his combo with a flurry of close range Embers to the Steel-type's face. The Iron Snake Pokémon let out a cry of defeat as he was finally brought down with Axel landing gracefully on his fallen foe's head.

"Axel huh? He's the only one of your Pokémon to have a name isn't he? I'm guessing that he's your first and undoubtedly strongest. You two probably share an unbreakable bond forged over hard training and good times." analyzed Eve.

"Quit your rambling and send out your last Pokémon!" I ordered. The way she said all that was beginning to put me on edge.

"With pleasure! Allow me to introduce my Axel, although her color isn't nearly as unique, Diva!" Eve threw down a Dusk Ball which released an ominous shadow upon opening. The shadow materialized itself into a small black doll with three horns, long black ‘hair', evil glowing red eyes with vertical pupils, a yellow zipper for a mouth, and a star shaped yellow tail. The Banette gave an otherworldly cry upon emerging. It may just be me, but it feels like it just got a few degrees colder in here.

"Diva! Take care of wittle Axel with your Attract!" Eve called. Diva stared at Axel amorously, even going so far as to put her hands together under her chin and wink.

"*snicker* Good luck with that. I've got eyes only for other Infernape." Axel said proudly. Eve looked completely confused.

"Your Infernape's gay too?" she asked in disbelief.

"No, and neither am I. We both just happen to be asexual." I corrected.

"Boooooooriiiiiiiiing!" Eve chastised shaking her hand at us.

"It keeps us from getting seduced by our female opponents so it works." I replied. "But enough talk! Ghost-types have very dangerous move sets so I think a little precaution is in order. Don't you agree Axel?" I didn't need to say anymore. Axel kissed his palm, turned around, and began smacking his monkey ass. He got down on all fours and began shaking in the Banette's general direction. Being a Pokémon that likes to hold grudges, Diva was powerless to resist.

"Diva, teach that vile little monkey a lesson! Spite! Wait, no. Curse! Dammit!" complained my opponent.

"Having trouble?" I taunted.

"Shut up! Diva! Shadow Sneak!" Eve commanded. Diva dived into the nearest shadow completely disappearing from view. The Marionette Pokémon reappeared jumping out of Axel's shadow before shoving her arm through the monkey's back and out his chest. Axel and I both screamed in horror before realizing that it was just an optical illusion as Diva was incorporeal.

"*hysterical laughter* Oh you are just too much! I wish you both could have seen the looks on your faces! Priceless!" cheered Eve still laughing.

"While you have Diva close like this, use Flamethrower!" I yelled.

"Sucker Punch!" Eve countered quickly. The Banette punched Axel in the face before he had a chance to breath.

"Bitch!" he shouted spitting fire from his mouth that turned into a raging fireball at the close range the two Pokémon were in. When the flames subsided, Diva had a swirling black mass of dark energy between her hands and looked like she was ready to use it.

"Alright, fine Diva. You can use Dark Pulse." Eve said giving in to her Pokémon's already irreversible demand. The zippered mouth curled up into an evil grin. Axel's eyes widened as the Marionette Pokémon thrust her arms forward unleashing a burst of pure darkness. The Infernape was thrown down the field by the force of the blow until the shadows dissipated.

"Get up Axel! It's Fire Spin time!" I called. The Flame Pokémon jumped up then fired a long spiraling tongue of flame that quickly surrounded Diva on impact. She shouldn't be too much trouble in there.

"Ooooo! Pretty fire!" Eve admired. "Unfortunatewy your wittle baby mind couldn't compwehend that a weak wittle attack like that would be usewess against Diva." Grrr I hate that baby talk. "Show them your Hidden Power Diva!" she said being serious again. Dirt and sand exploded from the field completely putting out the Fire Spin and leaving a circle of freshly upturned soil around the Banette. Then the sand began to rise and form roughly ten orbs of earth.

"Use your Hidden Power too Axel!" I commanded. Axel's blue eyes took on a paler blue color as he held his arms out in front of himself with pale blue spheres in each hand. The monkey then turned both arms in a clockwise direction reproducing the orbs until there were twelve and his arms were opposite from where they started. As soon as the orbs became ice balls, Axel quickly uncrossed his arms sending his Ice-type HP at Diva's Ground-type HP. The two attacks collided midair and cancelled eachother out in a beautiful shattering of the ice and earth spheres. However, Axel had two more than Diva which were heading right for the ghost.

"Diva! Throw those back with Psychic!" shouted Eve. The Banette surrounded herself in an ominous purple aura while holding out her hands stopping the ice balls dead in their tracks. With a flick of her wrists, Diva sent the remnants of Axel's Hidden Power right back at him.

"Axel! Flare Blitz!" I yelled. The monkey's flaming mane went wild as he got down on all fours and charged at Diva melting the two ice orbs in the process. The flaming torpedo that was Axel sped down the arena bashing into the Marionette Pokémon's stomach head first.

"For a ghost, that kinda hurt." complained the Infernape rubbing his head.

"Awww. Did monkey get a boo boo?" mocked Eve. "They say you get better when you sleep so why not take a nap? Diva! Show them why this next move is called Faint Attack!" commanded Eve laughing at her own joke. Diva disappeared in yet another shadow, then coming out in Axel's blind spot, kicked the Flame Pokémon across the field.

"Damn you!" cried the monkey rising in his Blaze state. His body was surrounded in a golden aura coming to a tip around his flaming mane which was like a raging inferno. "I'll break you!" he threatened.

"Axel!" I shouted authoritatively. "Calm down! Eve has been messing with us all battle, but don't let her get to you. Anger can either give you focus or blind you. I've been working to keep mine in check while trying to ignore her mindless taunts. We're a team so you need to control yours too. Use Calm Mind, that's an order." I said.

"Right. Thanks." Axel thanked. He sat down cross legged, crossed his arms in front of himself, and closed his eyes. His twitching face slowly began to relax as his labored breathing became more controlled.

"Wow. You used so many big words. I'm very impressed." Eve congratulated sarcastically. I didn't even bother to dignify that with a response. I can play mind games too. "Nothing? You are unpredictable." she said in amazement. "Diva! Try and get a response with Night Shade!" The Banette's presence quickly got stronger as if it was taking up the entire arena. Two giant Banette hands emerged suddenly from the ground under Axel and wrapped around the Flame Pokémon's neck.

"*cough* Can't *ahk* brea-" Axel choked.

"Wench!" I yelled.

"What, so now we're reduced to name calling? How very mature." Eve said in a disappointed sarcastic tone.

"You damn succubus, you let him go right now or I'm coming over there!" I threatened.

Eve looked at me seriously "Let Axel go Diva." she said broadly. I gave a slightly relieved smile. At least she wasn't obnoxious about it. Axel was coughing and panting.

"Wh- what ever happened to calm?" he asked ironically.

"Time and place, time and place." I answered. "Now, use Flame Wheel!" I commanded. The Infernape curled into a ball and began rolling at Diva at such speed that his mane looked like one continuous loop. The Marionette Pokémon quickly recovered from the attack. Not a good sign.

"Hit him with Shadow Ball now!" shouted Eve back in her peppy voice. Diva gathered the darkness and shadows around us creating a black sphere with the darkest shades of blue and purple swirling around its center. Diva then tossed the ball carelessly at Axel but with enough force that it sent the monkey to the ground. As Axel started getting back up, the Banette stood above him with a sinister look in her eyes.

"Now finish him with Shadow Claw Diva!" Eve said knowing the match was hers while still rubbing it in for me. Diva thrust her hand all the way through Axel's skull. The Marionette Pokémon seemed to be getting a sadistic pleasure by the look of pure terror on Axel's face. My whole body was shaking at the sight. All at once everything that had happened this match became clear to me. I never stood a chance from the beginning.

"Be nice Diva." Eve scolded. Diva frowned giving a disappointed sigh as she pulled her hand from Axel's head with out using her attack. If she had used her attack I wouldn't have been able to say what I was about to say.

"Axel. Come here." I said somberly.

"Have you finally given up?" questioned Eve.

"Yes." I admit. "I realized why you played with me all this time. It wasn't to throw me off my game. You wanted to push me to my limits."

"That's right. This whole time when I said I was just playing and that this was a game, I really meant it. All my Pokémon were holding back." Eve said.

"Then Espeon, Riolu, and Axel could have…" I began to ask.

"That's right. I could have ended their lives at any moment. Of course tournament regulations and all forbid that. I myself rather not kill if it isn't necessary though."

"Will any amount of training be enough to beat you next time?" I asked.

"I cannot be defeated by anyone who doesn't have the intent to kill. You're a good person Brian and a marvelous trainer, you just don't have that capacity." she said. "I'm sorry it was me you had to fight."

"So does that mean…" started Axel.

"Yes. We lost."

Depressing ending no? To be honest, I didn't expect it to take such a dark turn until I was actually writing it and it just came out that way.

I chose the name Eve Illuminati because sounded pretty cool, but when I realized the first two syllabols were Eve Il, it just felt right to make her character a sociopath equal in skill to Brian but willing to go that extra step.

What happens next? Something interesting ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, surprise ending! Well, it was another great chapter ^^ I love how you describe battles and this one was excellent. It was just as much a mental battle as it was a Pokemon battle.

That was highly unexpected.

Good job! It would have been boring should Brian have made it al the way to the finals and won, though now I do wonder how the two pieces of your story will meet. You'd better continue, or else Eve's comments about your character being gay are coming back to haunt you.

Also you used one of favourite Pokemon to great effect. Extra points for the malicious Banette ;D

Must... not... go... back... into... shock... must... not... go... back... into... shock... must... not... go... back... into... shock... x1000000000000000000000000000000

Oh and I second Tatile's comment about both Brian and Axel being gay. If you stop, I will make the rest of your life not worth living, got that?!

Psycho Monkey

Ladies, please! Why would I stop now when the best part has yet to come? I intend on taking this all the way to the end.

It would have been boring should Brian have made it al the way to the finals and won, though now I do wonder how the two pieces of your story will meet.

Just wait until the next chapter. Even if Brian had won, things would have only gotten more interesting. ;)

I love how you describe battles and this one was excellent.

As you all have probably noticed, I have a pretty vivid imagination. I want my readers to see exactly what I see in my head as I come up with it.

*Fi howls a howl so frightening it would only be scarier if it came out of a hungry wolf*

*I steam*

Eve gives females a horrible name! My feminine pride is angry at the way she stereotypes herself on purpose! Raaaarggh! :p

By the way, she's an awesome character otherwise. I love how she taunts Brian. The Espeon vs. Luxray battle was my favorite.

Maybe Team Neo will come next...please?

Whoooooo! Go Banette! *ahem* I mean, darn! Brian and Axel lost! Jeez, I'm not sure if I'm the only one who wants to punch Eve in the face right now.

Buuuuuut, *thumbs up* ^^

Psycho Monkey

I've waited a long time to write this chapter >:D

Chapter 14: Truth Revealed

"Ow! That stings!" whined Axel as I sprayed his wounds with a Super Potion.

"Stop your whining! Be glad you're still alive." I reminded. We were currently in the trainer's lounge in the stadium resting up from our last match. I had slipped Espeon and Riolu a Revive each, but they both will still need medical attention.

"Are you Brian Nosurname?" asked a man walking in the room. He had styled back brown hair with four strands hanging over his eyes which were hidden behind red tinted sunglasses. He had an uninterested look on his face like he had something better to do. The noticeable scar on his left cheek was a direct contrast from his outfit consisting of a black suit and tie with a red dress shirt underneath the jacket.

"I am." I answered warily. The man gave a creepy smile.

"I am Arthias. My boss, Mr. Strife Maxwell, would like to see you." he answered.

"What for?" I questioned.

"I'm not sure, but I believe he's taken an interest in you. Now come with me." Arthias said beckoning me forward.

"Sorry, but not tonight. My Pokémon and I are tired, all we want is to go to bed." I responded. I didn't know who this Strife guy was, nor did I feel like dealing with him at the moment.

"Mr. Maxwell doesn't like being made to wait. If you don't like what he has to say you may leave." Arthias persisted.

"Fine! I'll go with you only to tell this boss of yours to shove what ever he has to say up his no doubt rich ass. I am not some item to be chosen and bought." I spat. "Come along Axel."

"And I was looking forward to going to bed too." the Infernape complained.

"Follow me then." Arthias said forcefully.

Arthias led us out of the trainer's lounge to the nearest elevator. Once we got inside he pressed four. The entire walk and elevator ride were silent. Not that I was complaining, anything Arthias said would have probably pissed my off. I just wanted to meet Strife Maxwell to find out what he wanted with me.

"I'm getting a bad feeling about this." Axel mentioned breaking the silence as well as practically reading my mind. Something about this situation had put me on edge.

When the elevator opened, we walked out on a very fancy level, obviously the suites. We turned a corner where the wall was replaced by a railing. Below us was the club level where the middle class was still clearing out after today's matches. When we arrived at Room number 465, Arthias knocked on the door. I heard someone on the other side call out "Enter."

"I've brought him Sir." Arthias said bowing after walking inside. Directly across from the door was a desk in front of a tall leather chair with its occupant facing away from us looking out at the field through wall sized windows.

"Welcome Brian." a voice in the chair addressed me. "I am glad you could make it. I am Strife Maxwell." As that last sentence was spoken the chair turned around to face me and Axel. I was only slightly stunned. It was the political… er politician from the other day. He even has the same white pimp suit and blue dress shirt as before. Then again, he could be like me and own multiples of the same outfit.

"I remember you." I recalled.

"Well that is nice to hear. I would hate to have made so little of an impression on you that you would not remember me only a few days later." Strife said coolly.

"So what did you want with me Strife?" I asked hastily.

"That's Mr. Maxwell to you!" interrupted Arthias. Strife waved his hand up and down at Arthias to ease him.

"That's enough Arthias. Our guest has no etiquette, how is he supposed to know common courtesy or formalities." said Strife softly. The guy defends me by owning me? What the hell? Arthias grumbled and leaned against the wall by the door crossing his arms.

"I apologize on behalf of Arthias. Your question was perfectly justified, and to be honest, hearing my name out of your mouth in such a manner was not unusual to me." He reached under the desk, pulled out a manila folder, and threw it on the table. "This should answer all of your questions Brian. Open it."

I actually hesitated for moment before reaching for the folder. Axel stood over my shoulder as I opened the file. My hands began trembling when I saw what was inside. It was a picture of me! At least it looked like me. The man in the picture looked older with shades of grey in his black hair and a few other differing characteristics.

"Holy shit!" cried Axel in disbelief.

"Wh- who… who is this man?" I stammered in a shaken voice with the folder vibrating in my hand with how much I was quaking. I felt very pale.

"That is Nathan Xelbu. By the difference in your ages and the uncanny resemblance between the two of you, I can only surmise that Xelbu is your father." Strife said calmly. I on the other hand nearly fainted from those words. Luckily Axel was still behind me to catch me.

"Arthias, could you fetch our guest a chair and some water? He looks like he is about to pass out." I felt a chair pushed into me as Axel helped lower me down. Then Arthias gave me a glass of water which I took a few sips from.

"This can't be right." I said. "I know my father. I've known him and my mom for almost twenty years." I told them.

"Is it possible that your parents were married after you were born?" asked Strife unconvinced.

"I… I've seen the wedding certificate. They were married at least a year before I was born." I protested.

"Then could your mother have committed adultery?" Strife continued. I jumped out of the chair and grabbed Strife by his tie and pulled him close to my face. There was a thump behind me.

"You don't know them! Neither one would cheat on the other. Don't ever make a comment like that again!" I said angrily. "I would sooner believe I was adopted."

"You have my sincerest apologies Brian. I did not mean to insult you or your family." Strife said apologetically. I pushed him back into his chair as I let go of his tie. Strife readjusted his tie making it strait and neat again. I turned around to pick up my chair which had fallen only to see Axel on top of Arthias.

"He was about to attack you." said the monkey defensively. I put my hand on his shoulder silently telling him to get up as I sat back in my chair. Axel rose, followed by Arthias who gave us both an unforgiving glare as he went back to the door.

"This is why you recognized me isn't it?" I realized as I started to regain myself.

"Indeed. Xelbu was twenty years my senior, but he and I knew eachother well. We both had ties to an organization known as the Non Existent Ones. Xelbu was the organization's chief scientist while I was the son of its leader, Atimus Maxwell. When I turned eighteen I was made head captain and heir to the Non Existent Ones, but that is beside the point. The point is Xelbu was a friend and mentor to me as I grew up." explained Strife.

"Based on what you said earlier, you probably don't know who my biological mother is." I suspected. Strife's face turned grim as he lowered his head closing his eyes.

"Unfortunately I do not. Although Xelbu had numerous honorable traits, he was still human and had his share of disreputable ones as well. One of which was… well… he liked to bring women to his bed and… fornicate." Strife said distastefully.

"So he was a sex fiend." I said bluntly. Strife sighed and shook his head.

"To put it so callously, yes, Xelbu was a… sex fiend." My words he said with even more dislike as if he were choking on them.

"You keep saying his name in the past tense. You mean he's…" I was almost afraid to ask the question.

"Yes. I regret to say, Nathan Xelbu is deceased." Strife lamented. "I already mentioned that Xelbu was a brilliant scientist. About ten years ago, he was involved in an experiment on Cinnabar Island with a freelance research team titled ‘Project Myu2'. Unfortunately, the experiment went horribly wrong. The mansion the research was conducted in was utterly destroyed along with the lives of everyone inside at the time. Nathan Xelbu died at the age of 41. Fate had been especially cruel that terrible day as my father, Artimus Maxwell, had gone to the mansion to get a progress report on the experiment. He too died. That fateful day I had to assume the role as leader of the Non Existent Ones as its heir at the age of 21."

"You brought me here to say all of that? I think I would have been happier not knowing the truth." I confessed. My mind was in complete disarray. If dealing with Eve earlier hadn't been bad enough, now I have all this on my mind too! I don't think I can handle anymore.

"Sometimes ignorance truly is bliss." Strife empathized. "I am sorry I called you here for this. I believed you deserved to know the truth, but I see now I was mistaken."

"Are you ok?" asked Axel worriedly.

"I'm fine." I said despite everything that happened. "I have one more question before I go. You've mentioned this a few times, so who are the Non Existent Ones?" I inquired. It was only for a brief second, but I could have sworn I saw Strife flash an evil grin as if he had hoped I would ask. Then again it has been a long night. Must have just been my imagination.

"If you must know, make an acronym of the first letter in each word in Non Existent One." told Strife.

"Sir, no!" shouted Arthias desperately extending his hand.

"N-E-O." I spelled out. "Neo." Then I felt like a ton of bricks had been smashed into my face. "Neos. Team Neos." I said in an almost whispered voice.

"Allow me to formally introduce myself. I am Strife Maxwell, Leader of Team Neos." Strife said calmly as he practically stared through me.

Time felt like it had completely stopped. I think my heart missed a beat or two when he said those words. A cold sweat ran down my forehead. Why would he reveal himself like that? Especially to someone like me and- Oh no! Arthias! He must be a member, a high ranking one no doubt. And he's been standing at the door this whole time. I have no way out! I am completely surrounded by the enemy. Arthias looked about as nervous as I did. He must not have known his boss would out himself either. He reached into the side of his suit jacket and never took his eyes off of me.

"Why? Why would you tell me all that?" I asked nervously. "You could have just lied!" I shouted jumping out of my chair and slamming my hands on Strife's desk. At that very second Arthias pulled an Ultra Ball from his jacket and pointed it at me. I was completely frozen solid. I didn't know what was in that sphere, but something told me I didn't want to find out. Not with my Pokémon still so exhausted. Axel was staring daggers at the two men. He was just as anxious as I was and knew he was just as vulnerable.

"Put you ball away my Captain." said Strife standing up. "You do not want to frighten our guest now or give him the wrong impression of us."

"Frightened?" I said in a low voice. "I'm fucking terrified right now! What the hell is with you!?" I yelled. This whole situation had me completely freaked out.

"Brian, to answer your first questioned ‘Why did I not lie?' the answer is quite simple. I wanted you to know. You are correct; I could have completely left out all traces of the Non Existent Ones when I spoke of Xelbu. Better yet, I could have never invited you in the first place. But I did call upon you, and I told the truth. The other day when we met, you told me you were participating in the White City Tournament. I made sure to watch your matches to see how you performed in battle. I was most impressed, particularly your most recent one with Eve Illuminati. Though you lost, you demonstrated finesse and good judgment. You recognized that you would loose, so you did the honorable thing by cutting your losses before it was too late. You are just the kind of trainer Team Neos needs." Strife said as he walked around the room.

"No way!" I shouted when I realized what he had just asked. "I will never join a criminal organization like Team Neos!" With that Strife stopped walking, never taking his eyes off of me for a second.

"Criminals? What an ugly word." he said hurtfully. "The Neos are visionary activists. The world is in a deplorable state of chaos and discord. Teams Rocket, Galactic, Aqua, and Magma have been terrorizing the world for years. Someone needed to step up to the task. I have a vision of a utopia where people and Pokémon live in peace. No more will there be war or dissension. Team Neos acts on this goal by any means necessary. Now I will admit, I have heard stories of members who take things too far, but can you really chastise an entire organization based on the sins of a few? Is the police force evil because of the actions of a few bad cops? Can the student body of a school be called fractious because one delinquent always makes trouble for others? They say that it takes 100 good deeds to make up for one bad. You see Brian; the media takes that one instance of misjudgment, blows it out of proportion, and slanders us relentlessly for it. Never do they so much as mention all the positive things Neos does for the world." Strife continued, making hand gestures when appropriate and never loosing his cool for a second.

"If what you say is true, then you owe me 200 good deeds for when I saw your people kill a man, then attempt to kill me." I said vehemently.

"Then join us Brian. You can be the one who makes up those 200 actions." Strife encouraged holding out his hand bidding me to accept.

"The answer is no!" I rejected fiercely. I took a deep breath. "This may just be me being naïve, but I won't tell anyone who you really are. They probably wouldn't believe me anyway, but it may be enough to start an investigation. But I won't say anything." I said more calmly.

"Are you sure?" Axel asked nervously.

"Yeah, let's go." I said turning to the door.

"I would appreciate that Brian. Team Neos is still in its infancy. The world isn't ready to know my identity yet. When order is restored to this corrupt society I will come forward, but not yet." said Strife thankfully. He reached into his jacket and pulled out a Pokeball. "Here. A gift for all of your troubles so that there is no ill will between us." he said throwing the ball to me. "It is a Beldum, a very rare breed that evolves into one of the most powerful Pokémon known to man. Train it well. Good night Brian and Axel."

I slowly staggered with Beldum's Pokeball in hand and Axel at my side holding me steady. As I neared the door, Arthias slammed his arm against it blocking my exit.

"Sir, with all due respect, what are you thinking letting him go like this?" he asked angrily. For the first time I saw a change in Strife's demeanor. He looked aggressive.

"Be quiet!" he roared angrily. After everything that happened tonight, this was by far the most terrifying moment. "I need not explain myself to the likes of you my Captain! Now kindly remove your hand from the door so that Brian and Axel may leave. They have had a long night." His tone subsided to its usual calm as he spoke. Arthias reluctantly did as instructed and even opened the door for me.

"My apologies, Sir." Arthias said as I walked out. "I just wanted to know the purpose of this meeting." Athias got no answer, at least none while I was still within hearing range. The door closed behind me as I walked back to the elevator. The only life remaining in the stadium were employees cleaning up after today's events.

I was both physically and mentally drained. So much had happened in such a short time. Eve, Strife, Neos, Beldum… It's just too much! Axel must have sensed my torment as he didn't say a word the whole time. Once we were outside I couldn't contain myself any longer. I let out a sad scream of defeat.

Secad, you wanted Team Neos action? You got it!

I think after Brian recovers from his little mind fuck, I'll be done torturing him for a while.

Hehe... Hehe... HAHAHAAA!!!

Poor, poor Brian... first getting his ass kicked by Eve, than having this dropped on him...

I LOVE IT!!!

Luke, I am your father. Um, I mean Brian.

This chappie just screams it.

Monkey, this chapter was great! I am so glad Neo is back.

However, I wonder if that Beldum has some sort of tracking or survaillence technology in or on it, somehow, to keep track of Brian.

I'm sorry, but I have to laugh at this chapter. I'm that kind of person who sees the humor in everything. It's quite expected that a member of Team Neo is Brian's father.

So thaaaaaat's how Brian got Metang.....Poor him, so many things happening at once...

Btw, GO ARTHIAS!!! "Are you Brain Nosurname?" That right there is kinda cheesy...for some reason.

That was amazing. This story has it all. Humor, suspense,and action. I can't wait until the next one! I have a question, will Prof. Himee be appearing again? That guy is awesome!

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
This is a terrific fic man. Although I'm interested to see how Brian goes from hating Neos to joining them. Or perhaps they kidnap him and expirement on him. Well that's just pointless speculation.

Psycho Monkey

Btw, GO ARTHIAS!!! "Are you Brain Nosurname?" That right there is kinda cheesy...for some reason.

Which part was cheesy, the line or the fact that the last name literally means it doesn't exist?

Also, I have a nice three in one deal for ye!

Chapter 15 pt1: Emo Loneliness

I was completely shaken to the core. I didn't go back to the hotel, I didn't even go back to Himee's lab. I wandered White City in my sorry state all night. My entire existence went through my mind. The night's events were still fresh but were faded like a bad dream. No, not a dream, an all out nightmare.

"Brian…" whispered Axel worriedly.

"Don't talk. Your words can't help this empty shell." I said in a monotone of sorrow. There was nothing he could do for me now, maybe not ever again. Then all thoughts vanished.

When my mind began functioning again, I was in the residential district a few blocks from my hotel. Axel was ever faithfully standing by my side with a disheartened look on his face. Still clutched in my hand was Beldum's Pokeball. I felt the warm light of the rising sun on my hollow back. What time was it anyway? Hmph. It doesn't matter. Time means nothing to those who have nothing left but darkness. I continued dragging myself until I got to my room. I have this big luxurious room when all I need is a small hole.

"Axel." I said vacantly. I threw him Beldum's ball and the remaining five Pokeballs I carried. "You know my username and password for the PC Storage System. Put them away." I don't need to drag my Pokémon down with me. They'll be safe in the PC; data doesn't need to eat for survival.

"Don't do this! Just talk to me!" Axel begged. I ignored him as I turned off all the lights and locked myself in the master bedroom. It was too late for talk and I wasn't going to condemn my best friend to darkness with me.

I slept for I don't know how long, but when I woke up it was completely dark. Was it cloudy or was it night already. Doesn't matter. The light doesn't suit me, I'm better off in darkness. For hours more I sat in darkness keeping my mind blank. I focused completely on darkness. I had no need for my thoughts or imagination to run wild.

I was broken from my trace by a knock at the door. "You've been in there all day. Are you hungry?" came Axel's protective voice. I made no effort to move or speak. All I wanted was to be left alone in darkness without interference. "*sigh* Still playing the quiet game? I won't break down the door because you'll only be pissed when you get the bill, but don't think I've given up on you. Send me in Alakazam." The room was suddenly illuminated in orange as Axel was brought in by Alakazam's Teleport. I lifted my arm over my eyes from the sudden light.

"Axel, please leave. Your flame gives off too much light." I said.

"I'm not going without you." said the monkey holding out his hand.

"I'm not in the mood for this so just go." I said coldly waving my free arm to the door.

"Then get in the mood!" he ordered pulling out a Pokeball. "Vaporeon, this is for the good of our trainer! Water Gun!" The Bubble Jet Pokémon spayed me with a light stream of water the second he materialized from the ball's red light. "Hopefully that woke you up a bit. We'll be waiting outside." Axel unlocked the door and walked out with the other Pokémon, then closed the door behind him leaving me completely soaked.

After I changed out of my wet clothes into a dry set, I tried to fade back into darkness. I'm not sure if I did or not though, I haven't seen any clocks in awhile as I unplugged the one in my room, nor could I recall any time lapse. Plus it was still dark outside. Unfortunately the darkness didn't last very long as Axel once again opened the door flooding the room with light.

"Don't you ever quit?" I asked uncaringly.

"No, and neither do you. Now get your ass moving!" he commanded. Suddenly I heard a familiar tapping sound on the window. It would be my salvation.

"I'll move, but to a place you can't follow. It's raining and I'm in the mood for a walk." I said. Hopefully that will be enough to ease my troubled mind. I walked unfeelingly past Axel, out of the room, and out of the hotel. Once outside I realized this was not just rain; it was a downpour. That's a relief. Will any luck it will drown out my thoughts and wash away my existence. Unconsciously I began walking into the dark skied world.

Chapter 15 pt2: Fight in the Rain

The rain became heavier and the winds stronger. It was the most intense rain I ever had the privilege of existing in. I didn't know where I was going nor did I care. Where ever my legs wanted to take me would be fine with me. When I had found my way to a grassy hill in the park, I heard another set of footsteps behind me.

"Going somewhere?" asked that persistent Infernape. And here I thought he wouldn't dare step foot in the elements.

"You hate the rain Axel. So why?" I inquired.

"I hate the rain, but it is my curse as a Pokémon to be eternally loyal to my trainer." Axel said placing his hand over his chest.

"Then as your trainer, I order you to be gone." I commanded sternly.

"I can't do that. I live for battle, just like you, and without you I won't see any action. I can't get a new trainer because no one knows me like you and you're the only human I have any sort of respect for." the monkey defended.

"Leave me in peace." I said emotionlessly.

"You idiot! I overheard someone outside our room saying how this isn't an ordinary rainstorm. Why do you think it's so intense? It's a hurricane!" the Flame Pokémon said urgently.

"I've always wanted to be outside during a hurricane. Maybe this is the answer I seek." I said with anticipation.

"Come on! It's too dangerous out here!" begged Axel.

"I'm not going back! If you're so worried then save yourself!" I said coldly. Axel got a sorrowful look on his face as his shoulders sank.

"Fine. I get it. I'll go." he said hurtfully as if he were about to cry. Axel turned around and began walking. Suprisingly, the monkey then jumped in the air and spun, punching me in the face. The sudden impact sent me to the ground with a loud splash. Yes, the ground was so wet by now that it actually splashed. "But I'm dragging you back with me, conscious or not!" declared Axel.

I got up and wiped the blood off of my lip. "You will try!" I threatened. I had to almost yell as the wind was beginning to pick up.

I threw a punch at the monkey with my right hand which Axel side stepped. He then grabbed my arm, pulled me in, and kneed me in the stomach knocking the wind out of me. I quickly recovered grabbing Axel's still extended leg and flipped him on his back. The Infernape put his palms on the ground behind his head while curling in his legs and pushed himself back to his feet.

"Stupid monkey!" I yelled pulling my fist back.

"Naked ape!" Axel retorted doing the same. We both ran at eachother and punched our respective opponent in the face. Both of us realized this was going nowhere, so we jumped back to put some distance between us.

"Come!" I challenged taking the Repulse the Monkey stance. Axel must have finally learned his lesson as he didn't charge at me. "Fine!" I declared making the next move. Before I could land the kick I had planned, the Flame Pokémon jumped in the air. As he landed, he grabbed my wrists in his opposable feet and my ankles in his hands.

"Can't attack now can you?" Axel mocked. "But I can." The monkey then began smacking my face with his tail. Not letting an opportunity to regain the offensive pass, I opened my mouth and bit Axel's tail as hard as I could causing the Infernape to scream in pain like the monkey he is, as well as loosen his grip on my limbs. I pulled my wrists free before grabbing Axel by the ankles and tearing him off me. I then spun around and tossed the Flame Pokémon into a puddle. The rain was now beginning to get heavier.

I was already running at Axel as he was getting up. In the art of combat one must always take an opening or exploit a weakness whenever possible if victory is to be attained. No sooner was Axel on his feet, I was already close enough to strike. I first punched him in the stomach causing him to keel over. I then slammed my elbow into his back making him fall. I caught his head between my hands and kneed him in the face. I finished my combo by kicking his now exposed torso which sent him back a few feet before falling to his back.

Axel spat blood from his mouth as he slowly got up. "Damn human. You made me bite my lip." complained the Infernape.

"And you made me bite your tail." I said finally spitting out the golden hairs that had been in my mouth for the last two minutes. "We're even."

"Not yet we're not!" shouted Axel running at me. I quickly took Repulse the Monkey to prepare for what ever this monkey had planned. Regrettably, I hadn't expected Axel to duck at the last minute and knock my legs out from under me with a well place karate chop behind my knees. Axel then paid me back for earlier by lifting me off the ground by my shins and flinging me into a nearby hill. I couldn't exactly tell what was going on in my dizzied state, but it felt like I actually bounced.

When I started to regain focus, Axel was standing over me with his hand extended to help me up. I smiled and accepted his hand. My smile then turned devious as I pulled Axel to the ground and got up myself.

"Didn't I ever teach you not to let your guard down?" I taunted. Before I knew it, I was on the ground again with Axel's tail wrapped around my leg.

"Like you just did there?" teased the monkey. I yelled and jumped at Axel only to land face first in a puddle with a splash. I struggled to get up because the weather was now at an all time high with wind so strong that it was blowing the rain at horizontal angles which tried pushing back to the ground.

I pushed through, throwing another punch at Axel, this time with my left. Axel caught my fist in his palm, then lobbed a punch of his own which I caught. I shifted my fist into a grip allowing me to pull Axel in closer for a headbutt. The monkey recoiled with a scream as our foreheads collided. I then took the opportunity to land a kick to Axel's chest. While he recovered from that, I went in for another attack. Axel looked up at the last second and pulled his head to the side avoiding my palm strike. He then took a bite out of my hand causing me to scream in pain as his sharp monkey teeth pierced both my glove and my flesh. I pulled my hand back and examined blood trickling out of the puncture wounds on either side of my hand.

"Damn you A-" I started before the Infernape tackled me to the ground finally taking an opening when it presented itself. I pushed him off of me and rolled over on top of him pinning his arms to wet ground.

"Check mate." I declared.

"For me." Axel corrected kicking me in the gut. I fell off of him clutching my abs while trying to catch my breath. "Had enough yet?" he taunted. I glared at the monkey. Not out of anger or hate, but out of determination to win. I don't know when it happened, but I had stopped fighting out of the desire to be left alone and began to actually enjoy the fight. I fought Axel for the thrill and fun of it. I think Axel noticed that too which means that we have absolutely no reason to end this.

In the end we were both lying in the wet grass completely exhausted and covered in cuts, bruises, and other injuries. The rain and wind had finally subsided into a light drizzle and a calm breeze. I stopped panting and turned my head to look at Axel.

"Thanks Axel. I really needed that." I said appreciatively.

"Sure. I loved beating the emo out of you." said Axel happily.

"Not that, I meant about saving me. I owe you one." I said gratefully.

"Nah, we're even. You saved my life five years ago. I was just repaying my debt." Axel acknowledged. "I'm just sorry I had to kick your ass to do it."

"Excuse me, but won that fight." I reminded. "What I owe you is for coming out into the rain to get me." Axel gave me a ‘Yeah right' look.

"If it makes you feel any better about loosing then fine, it was a tie." the monkey said playfully. Then both of us started laughing.

Chapter 15 pt3: Back to Normal

When the two of us finally had the strength to move again, we dragged ourselves to Prof. Himee's lab both because it was closer than the hotel, and we wanted to say goodbye. We had every intention of leaving White City as soon as possible.

"Could someone bring me a towel?" I called when I walked through the double glass door. From head to toe I was completely soaked. My usual spiky hair was actually laying flat for once due to the weight of the water with only a few odd strands sticking up from the wind force.

Almost as soon as I called for a towel I began peeling off my shirt which was practically sticking to my back and was heavy with water. Once I got my shirt over my head, gravity did the rest by pulling it to the ground. I rubbed my aching shoulders. Just a minor injury from Axel. Next were my gloves which also took some effort to pull off. I investigated my right hand which still had Axel's teeth marks in it, but it wasn't as bad as it originally seemed. When I took off my boots I had to step back outside to dump the water out of them. I decided to just leave them there for now. The sun was starting to come out and there was the roof above to protect them if the rain came back. My socks soon joined the rest of my outfit being the only trace of white in a pile of black.

"Where the hell is that towel?" I called dropping my pants.

"Woah!!" cried Asuna walking in the front door. "What do you think you are doing?" she questioned turning her head to the side.

"Striping." I said nonchalantly kicking my pants off my ankles.

"I can see that. I'd rather not, but why at the front door where everyone can see you? Have you no shame?" interrogated Asuna.

"Nope." I said proudly.

"Your towel." said one of the other aides giving me a green towel.

"Why thank you Bernard." I said taking it. I dried my body as best I could before wrapping the towel around my waist and shedding the boxers underneath. Asuna rolled her eyes and walked past me trying not to look.

"Good morning Brian." Himee shouted coming down from his loft. He then got a curious look on his face. "Vhy are you vhering a towel? And vhy do you look so beat up?"

"Axel and I had a sparring match in the hurricane." I answered casually. "Can I use a PC to withdraw my Alakazam to Teleport back to my hotel where all my clothes are?"

"Sure. Right up zhe staircase on your left. Or vas it right?" the professor stated.

"Hey Asuna. If you don't want a view, don't look up." I warned. "And Axel, grab my wet clothes will ya?" I requested.

"Why me?" he asked.

"Cause if I carry them and this towel comes loose, everyone gets a free show." I said flatly while typing various keys on the computer to take out Alakazam. Once I had his Pokeball in hand, Axel and I were instantly taken back to the hotel room.

No matter how many times I've done it, teleporting is still the weirdest sensation I have ever felt. One minute you're standing in a lab, then you get this tingling sensation all over your body as you're blinded by a whitish blue light. When the light fades you are in a completely new location like a hotel room. The only way I can figure Alakazam gets us to the right place every time is his psychic powers to see where we'll end up.

Before getting dressed even crossed my mind, I had to take a piss. The last time I went was before my match with Eve which had to be at least 24 hours ago if not more. Himee said it was morning and according to my Poketch it was 8:15a which means I lost a day. After taking care of that business, I was forced to put on my bathing suit as I only own two pairs of pants, both black, which were wet thanks to Axel's stunt with Vaporeon and the downpour. A direct contrast to what I usually where, my trunks were a bright orange with white flowers outlined in a blue flame pattern.

"Axel you are so lucky these are stylish." I said threateningly. He is also lucky that unlike pants, I own three black T-shirts so I sill had one of those left. I had Alakazam Teleport me and Axel back to Prof. Himee's lab because I left my only footwear there and they were still wet anyway.

"Oh Brian! I'm glad you returned. I vanted- Nice trunks! Very stylish!" the Professor complemented.

"Thanks. So what were you about to say?" I inquired.

"I vas about to say somezhing? Oh yes. Zhere is anozhere tournament coming up in three days if you are interested." he proposed.

"Thanks for letting me know, but I don't think I want to enter this time. Axel and I could use a vacation." I answered after thinking about it for a second.

"Agreed." Axel said nodding.

But before we can do that, those parents of mine have a lot to answer for.

I only combined the three chapters like this because they would have been rediculously short otherwise. This also concludes the White City Arc meaning Brian and Axel's crazy adventures will be taken to other locations now.

And to all my Prof. Himee fans, he'll be back. He is just way to fun to be written out of the story so soon. ^_^

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Terrific stuff Monkey. The fight in the hurricane was well written, and as always the there were some funny moments. Although I have a weird feeling of who Prof. Himee really is... ::)

Who ever heard of bashing the emo out of anyone?

Oh well!

*the sound of insanity is heard*

And I completely agree with combining the chapters. Three painfully short chapters... Ugh...

It's good to see that Axel and Brian are so close. Their friendship must be wonderful, but incredibly odd and violent when viewed by outsiders. I can only imagine what PLEB would say about that outdoor hurricane fisty-cuffs match.

Also, you need to cover their history more. I want to see how Axel and Brian met now, or at least the incident of five years ago.

I Agree with Tatile, I also want to see what happened five years ago. And Redrising24, if your suggesting Prof. Himee is in Team Neos, I highly doubt it. Or if he is, being an old senile man maybe he doesn't know it.

Psycho Monkey

It's good to see that Axel and Brian are so close. Their friendship must be wonderful, but incredibly odd and violent when viewed by outsiders. I can only imagine what PLEB would say about that outdoor hurricane fisty-cuffs match.

Also, you need to cover their history more. I want to see how Axel and Brian met now, or at least the incident of five years ago.

Aw man, if PLEB ever came after these two they'd be toast. Combining the insanity and unconventional behavior that defines Brian and Axel would leave those crazy hippies dazed and confused, possibly even mentally scarred.

As for their past, next chapter will be Brian and Axel's aniversary so expect a little backstory there.

And Redrising24, if your suggesting Prof. Himee is in Team Neos, I highly doubt it.

And you would be right. An eccentric mad scientist Prof. Himee is, but a Neos he is not.

The ‘Repulse the Monkey' stance? Lol.

I love the little bits of humor you stick in even when the chapter is supposed to be depressing.

The fight was well written, almost movie-like in my mind.

Emo Brian is awesome, for some reason.

*dances and sings*

Bashing emo, bashing emo, bashing emo out of you!

This is definitely an awesome fanficiton - I've been sitting at the computer for two hours straight to read the whole thing (and I just finished your current chapter). ^_^

Psycho Monkey

If this chapter doesn't make you 'Aw' atleast once you have no heart.

Chapter 16: That Clichéd Little Village

As soon as everything was packed, Axel and I took the first ship to Kanto we could. Fortunately, said ship was bound for the Pallet Town Wharf which is exactly where we wanted to be. The moment I stepped off the boat I caught the sent of nostalgia mixed in with the salty air.

---------------------
August 11, 1999
"Why couldn't we have stayed in Sinnoh a little longer mom? I wanted a Chimchar and my 10th birthday is only six months away!" I had complained ten years ago when my family and I first moved to Pallet Town from Sandgem Town.

"Because I needed to take this job transfer and you're still too young to be off on your own, especially with your impulsive behavior that always gets you into fights." my mom had countered leaving a dejected nine-year-old in her wake.

"Don't worry Brian, you could always get a Charmander from Prof. Oak if you want a Fire-type so badly. Or there are always Bulbasaur or Squirtle to choose from." my dad had attempted to consol with no luck.
---------------------

"Hey are you awake in there?" asked Axel shaking me. I blinked a few times to bring myself back to present day.

"Yeah I'm conscious. Just remembering when I first came to Kanto." I reminisced. I had to know the truth, was I related to Mom and Dad on the genetic level and if not, I had to find out why they never told me.

Pallet Town was mostly rural farmland covered in lush green fields and dirt roads. A ridiculously boring place if you ask me. I couldn't wait to leave when the time finally came. Life is way too short to be able to predict everything that will happen the next day and be completely right every time.

It took roughly an hour to walk from the wharf to my house, or rather my parent's house, which was a simple brick structure with a triangular shaped roof that flatted out on the top. Needless to say, I took advantage of the flat roof by sitting on it when ever I needed to think or just sleep out in the sun on a nice summer afternoon or evening.

"Knock knock!" I called knocking on the door. No response. So says my watch it was 1:58p meaning they were both at work and I, of course, didn't have a key. "To the roof!" I shouted without a second thought. I have nothing better to do than wait for one of them to get home other than take a nap anyway. Axel and I scaled some moss on the wall left of the door like the monkeys we are until we were on the roof.

"Nap time!" Axel cheered as we both picked our spot to sleep.

---------------------
July 7, 2003
"Prof. Rowan is inviting you to Sinnoh to catch a Chimchar." said Prof. Oak to me when I was fourteen.

"So what made him finally call for me after all these years?" I asked with a mix of excitement and sarcasm. It only took him five years to answer all the letters I've sent him since I turned ten.

"He said that there is a population spike in the Coronet Mountain range. After how persistent you have been about getting a Chimchar, Rowan believes you should be allowed to pick your own." Oak responded.

"So when do we leave?" I asked.
---------------------

I sprung awake when I heard the sound of jingling keys and the front door opening. I kicked Axel to wake him up as I walked over to the edge and looked down. A short brown haired woman was crouched picking up the groceries she had obviously put down to open the door.

"Yo!" I called down to her waving like a nutcase. She looked to the roof with a startled expression.

"Hi Mommy!" Axel called joining me in a frantic wave.

"Brian and Axel!" she greeted in surprise to see us. "I didn't expect to see you two. What are you guys doing here?"

"What? Can't we just…" I cut off there as I jumped off the roof, crouching as I landed to absorb the impact, "… drop in when ever we feel like it?" I asked as I rose. Axel soon landed by my side.

"Not when you do dangerous stunts that could give your mother a heart attack!" she scolded.

"Dangerous? That's what, a twenty foot drop? Axel and I have been through worse." I bragged looking at my partner. We both began chuckling sneakily.

"No don't tell me that! I worry enough about you without trying to think of the trouble you two are getting in." Mom cried. "Now you boys behave yourselves and carry in those groceries, I want to hear all about your adventure in Sinnoh." she invited walking in ahead of us. We did as told and followed Mom to the kitchen.

"So what time is Dad getting home tonight?" I asked putting the grocery bags on the table. "I kinda have something I want to ask you two and I'd rather both of you be around when I do so I only have to say it once." I said gathering the courage I would need for this situation. Mom got a grave look on her face. Oh no. Not more bad news.

"He got arrested for assault." she said disappointedly rolling her eyes. I almost started laughing in relief but was able to contain myself. What I could not hide was the smile I had. I could hardly believe that the mail man who wouldn't even raise his voice to anyone actually got in a fight. It was stupendous! And completely out of character. I had to know all the details.

"So what happened? Did Dad win? Did the other guy deserve it? And how long is he in for?" I asked proudly running off every possible question I could think of in my excitement.

"You wouldn't be so thrilled to know that there was a break-in." my mom started with a serious tone. My grin quickly faded.

"Here?" I asked in disbelief pointing to the table the three of us were sitting at which referred to the entire house. I couldn't believe it. Pallet Town had a .01% crime rate a year and the one that occurs once a decade just happened to be on my doorstep. Oh how fucking fantastic! (sarcasm)

"Mm hmm." she nodded. "Last month someone tried robbing us and your father went and broke the guy's arm trying to fend him off. Well the burglar then decided to exploit the legal system and sue us for a hundred grand. At first we thought it was a joke until we were called into court, but even then we didn't think anything would happen. However, it soon became obvious that despite the fact that this guy broke into our house and tried to rob us, he was going to win because you father "caused him excessive trauma and he couldn't pay his medical bills or go back to work". That's when your dad volunteered to do one month of jail time on assault charges rather than pay the guy, which the judge agreed to so the criminal wouldn't win." Mom explained. "He'll be out next week."

"WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH THIS!!" I roared in outrage. "Shouldn't the burglar have been the one arrested? Shouldn't Dad have gotten off because it was self defense? That case shouldn't have even gone to court!" I protested angrily.

"I completely agree. Unfortunately, that is the way the legal system goes." Mom said sharing my disapproval.

"Well the system's flawed!" I spat. "It should either be fixed or eliminated entirely!"

"Just like a body's systems. If the heart doesn't function properly, the creature dies." Axel put in completely understanding what I was getting at.

"Well don't do anything you'd be ashamed to tell me about." Mom warned worrying about me as usual. I guess she figured I was talking about tearing down the establishments.

"By the way," I said calming down now. "is there anything you're ashamed to tell me about?" I asked. It would be now or never.

"W-what do you mean?" she questioned completely clueless.

"I wanted to wait for Dad, but since he isn't coming and I really need to know, was I adopted?" Mentally I was both relieved to get that out there, but still a bit worried about what I would find out.

"When did you find out?" Mom asked dejectedly looking to the floor. So it is true.

"Four days ago. I was participating in a tournament in White City where I met a man who instantly recognized me because I am the spitting image of my biological father." I said. "So why didn't you tell me?"

"Would that have made a difference in our relationship?" inquired my mom.

"At least I would have heard it from someone I trust and not some stranger who I hold nothing but hatred for." I admit. In such few words I understood that I was still her son and she my mother and nothing would ever change that. "Now stop brooding and tell me what's for dinner. I'm hungry!" I said with disregard for our previous conversation. Mom sensed that the uncomfortable talk was over and smiled at me.

"Well I was just going to make egg salad, but with you home I think I'll let you decide." said Mom just to humor me.

"Well, I did win $10,000 for coming in second in the Sinnoh League, so why don't I treat you to that sea food restaurant down by the wharf that I like so much?" I asked without giving her much of a choice. "Then I'll tell you what we monkeys have been up to for the past year."

"Well let me change then." Mom said happily.
---------------------

Between bites of an all-you-can-eat shrimp platter, I discussed everthing Axel and I have been up to lately with the exception of the moments that would only make her worry about us, namely our encounters with Team Neos, Axel nearly getting killed by Diva, and our epic battle just the other day. I also inquired if I had a little sister that no one told me about given that Madison insisted I was her Onii-chan and persistently followed me for six months until I finally escaped to White City. Mom denied, but said how cute it was that I had taken Madison under my wing like that.

"Not cute. I took her with me out of pity for how pathetic she was." I responded. I reached down to pick up more grilled shrimp, but my plate was missing. I looked over to Axel already expecting to see his mouth full of my shrimp.

"It's all you can eat! You can get more." he defended after swallowing. "And get more Cajon shrimp while you're at it." I lifted my hand which to Axel meant I was going to slap him for stealing my food as I've been doing ever since he was a conniving little Chimchar. He looked at me in surprise when all I did was tap his shoulder.

"Axel, you know the only reason you're getting away with this right now is because today is July 8th, better known as our anniversary." I reminded.

"I'm glad you remembered because I don't know the human calendar. I only know that the night before you caught me it was a New Moon." Axel stated.

"Is that why you wanted to go out to dinner?" Mom asked suspiciously.

"Maybe." I said misceivously as I turned my head to the side scratching a non existent itch behind my ear. "Actually I just wanted an excuse to get some shrimp. More shrimp alfredo pasta please!" I called politely as the waiter past our table. My mom just shook her head in delight and went back to her Remoraid filet as Axel yelled at me for not getting the Cajon shrimp.

---------------------
July 8, 2003
"And where is this Chimchar population again?" I asked impatiently. I had been following Prof. Rowan in a forest at the base of the Coronet Mountains for the past hour and still had yet to see any signs of the Chimp Pokémon.

"Be patient Brian. I found them right up this ridge, so we should be arriving very soon." the old man reassured. I'd believe that when I had a Chimchar. Suddenly something hard hit my head.

"Ow! Dammit that hurt!" I yelled putting my hands on the top of my head.

"Are you alright?" asked Rowan with concern.

"What was that?" I asked no one in particular as I looked up. There was a tree branch sticking out of the side of the mountain and hanging on it was a small gold colored Pokémon hanging on for dear life as the cliff around the tree began crumbling sending rocks and pebbles to the ground. Then without warning, the gold creature lost its grip and came plummeting to its death. At least it would have if I hadn't instinctively thrown out my arms to catch it.

"Ah!" I cried recoiling my arms dropping the small Pokémon harmlessly to the ground. I tightly gripped my left arm which felt like it had just been burned. I looked down at the Pokémon I dropped and, to my surprise, I saw that it was in fact a Chimchar who was rubbing his butt which was probably sore from getting dropped. "But Chimchar have brown fur. Is that a shiny?" I asked in confusion.

"No. Shiny Chimchar have maroon fur." Prof. Rowan confirmed.

"Then it's a freak of nature just like me! Get a Pokeball out Rowan, this one's mine!" I said in excitement. The Chimchar growled at me as it reached under its fiery tail. It then tossed a fire ball at me which I narrowly dodged causing it to splatter on the cliff wall behind me. Wait, a splatter? An unpleasant odor filled the air.

"Oh poo! That's flaming poo!" I realized. I better be careful, that stuff will mess me up. "So it's a fight you want, eh?" I challenged. Chimchar launched another flaming poo which I ducked to avoid. "Stop that!" I yelled kicking it. It actually went pretty far considering I'm nearly three times Chimchar's size.

"Now Brian! That was uncalled for!" reprimanded Rowan.

"Chimchar started- Ah!" I screamed as the little monkey came back and bit my arm. I lifted my arm up and bit the small primate's head causing it to let go of my arm as it screamed. I released Chimchar's head and spat out a few gold hairs. Chimchar retaliated by scratching my other arm. Before the young monkey could pull its hand away, I grabbed it by the arm and threw it into Prof. Rowan.

"My word!" Rowan cried out as he fell to the ground with Chimchar. I walked over, pulled a Pokeball from the Professor's bag, and dropped it on the dazed Chimchar. The Pokeball shook violently as the Chimp Pokémon struggled to get free, but it ultimately locked. A smirk of satisfaction went across my face as I crouched over to pick up my first Pokémon. "An unorthodox way of catching Pokémon, but it seemed to work this time. Next time use him." Rowan commanded pointing to the Pokeball.

"A boy huh?" I mused sending out the young monkey. Once released from the ball Chimchar stared at me in defiance as he reached under his tail but quickly thought better of it and instead crossed his arms in front of himself.

"Would you like to give him a nickname?" asked Prof. Rowan. A nickname? Hmmm… I'm not very good at coming up with names, but this golden Chimchar definitely needs one being as special as he is. Let's see…

"I can't name you Sun Wukong after the Monkey King because you already seem like the proud type and that name would just go strait to your head. I know! I used to know a pyromaniac named Axel, so that's what I think I'll call you. Do you like it?" Chimchar looked like he was thinking about it before smiling with a satisfied cheer.

"Alright, Axel it is. I'm Brian." I said extending my hand. Axel sniffed my palm but quickly caught on and gave me his hand too. As we shook, I got an unsettling feeling. "That's the hand you threw the poo with isn't it?" Axel laughed in embarrassment that I called him out on it. I slowly pulled my hand away and held it to the side in discuss. "Make sure you wash your hands before eating anything. As for me, I think I'll start wearing gloves. Fingerless of course because those are more badass."

After that, I had Prof. Rowan take me back to Kanto so my parents could meet Axel and give me a proper farewell.
---------------------

"What's on your mind Psycho Monkey?" inquired Axel. When we got home from dinner Axel and I had gone back to the roof to watch the sunset and stars come out.

"Just reminiscing about when our two paths crossed and merged into one." I said. "The Road of Life is a strange one. Twists and turns exist at every point and you can never turn around to see what could have been. You can't stay in one place either because the road is long and unpredictable, because then you'll never get anywhere. You're only hope is to follow the road to the end and hope you had fun doing it."

"Since when did you become a philosopher?" Axel asked jokingly.

"Since I thought about how your road could have ended when you fell and how mine could have ended when I met Strife Maxwell, but because a chance encounter occurred five years ago today, we were both able to be led down a path we didn't know existed." I went on.

"You have a point there Brian. In order to survive we need eachother." acknowledged Axel understandingly.

"That's right, so let's promise that we see the Road of Life to the end." I said extending my hand.

"And we continue getting stronger so that we can survive any bumps in the road." Axel added taking my hand. "By the way, this is the hand I throw poo with."

"You stopped throwing poo when you evolved into Monferno because it didn't catch on fire anymore. Besides, I'm wearing gloves, even if the right one still has holes in it from when you bit me." I responded. After a good laugh, we laid back and watched the summer night sky until falling asleep.

I'll be going on vacation this coming Sunday so don't expect any updates for another week or so. By all means continue commenting though, I love the feed back 8)

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Nice chapter, as always. The flaming poo is an interisting attack.

Enjoy your vacation and come back ready to right alot, cuz I'll be eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

Hm...I finally decided to sit down and read this. It's awesome! ^^ I just finished the whole thing so far and Aww.... isn't it adorable the way Axel and Brian met up? XD.

Ahahaha, flaming poo. That definitely made me laugh. Enjoy your vacation, 'cause when you get back, I'll be wanting more.

Aww...

Happy? I said ‘awww' once, like you said.

I loved how Brian caught Axel. It was just pure win. The flaming poo, the break-in at the almost-zero crime rate town of Pallet…this was cool.

Have a great vacation!

Psycho Monkey

Thanks to all the talk about Caramelldansen on the forums lately, I actually had a dream that all the important named characters in this fic were dancing to it. Is that wierd?

Chapter 17: A Relaxing Vacation (Maybe)

"Do you have everything you need?" my mom asked for the third time.

"Yes Mother dearest." I said beginning to get annoyed by the constant reminder of something I've been doing perfectly for half a decade while still trying to sound sincere. "We're off now!" I announced grabbing the worn and beaten green backpack I have been using since day one and heading out the door.

"Take care you two. Have fun, be safe, and try to stay longer than three days the next time you come and visit." Mom asserted bidding us farewell from the doorway.

"I'll try. I need more mental stimulation than this town has to offer." I said pulling a red and white orb from my side. "But I'll see if I can't fit it into my completely random schedule to visit more frequently." I added noticing a look of disappointment on her face. That comment seemed to satisfy her for now. After saying our goodbyes, I opened the Pokeball in my hand releasing a long stone grey winged beast with a large maw filled with razor sharp fangs. Aerodactyl gave a loud screech which startled several of the neighbors who were outside.

"To Vermillion City!" I instructed once Axel and I had boarded our prehistoric transport. With another loud screech the Fossil Pokémon beat his powerful wings to attain lift off. When we were high enough, he curled in his clawed legs and simply glided on the thermals.

It had been one tournament after another, battle after battle for so long that Axel and I had decided we needed a break from it all. It has been awhile since we were in Johto, so that's where we decided we would take our vacation. We had originally planned to take the Magnet Train to Goldenrod City as it would be quicker than the S.S. Aqua, but I hear the Whirl Islands are nice this time of year, and it would save us a trip if we were to start in Olivine City.

Beneath us Pallet Town gradually went from houses and farmland to open grassy fields, then the scenery changed to lush green forested wilderness followed by crystal blue open water, all before we passed over Vermillion City half an hour after our departure from Pallet Town. Aerodactyl turned 45 degrees into a nosedive taking his passenger plummeting to the ground. Just as we were only a couple of feet from the surface, the ancient flier pulled up again and flapped his wings three times to maintain balance making for a badass yet elegant landing.

"Thanks Aerodactyl, you deserve a break." I said appreciatively as I hopped off of the Fossil Pokémon's back. After patting him on the head, I rewarded Aerodactyl's efforts by returning him to his Pokeball to rest.

"What time does the S.S. Aqua leave?" inquired Axel eagerly.

"Patience my young monkey. We're on vacation, we can afford to wait and be as lazy as we damn well please. But to answer your question: four o'clock. That gives us roughly fifty minutes to get on board." I answered. That did remind me though. I pulled off my backpack and rummaged through it until I found a rectangular sea blue ticket with a white boat drawn on it. Like my backpack, this ticket has seen some action as was noticeable in the bends in it and slight tears on the ends. This was a lifetime Aqua Pass I had won off of some rich guy who thought he could beat me in a Pokémon battle. Rich people never learn, they always think they're better than us commoners.

We took the opportunity now to go down to the harbor so that we wouldn't risk missing the ship. As would be expected of Vermillion Harbor, sailors and their Machokes, Poliwraths, Blastoises, and Primapes were everywhere loading and unloading the cargo of all the sea going vessels in the water. I wouldn't expect anything less than to see this place bustling with activity and the scent of industry mixed in with the sea breeze. One of the sailors began yelling and cursing at a Wingull that unknowingly and uncaringly took a dump on his bald head. Both Axel and I had to withhold our laughter unless we wanted a fight on our hands. We would make jokes about it when we got aboard the S.S. Aqua.

"Here you go." I said handing my pass to the sailor guarding the ramp to the ship. After inspecting it he handed it back to me and stepped aside.

"Right this way sir. Enjoy your trip." he said with genuine courtesy. I smiled politely and walked up the ramp onto the ship where my expression changed to one of confusion. Never before have I encountered a well mannered sailor. Either he's a new guy and hasn't gotten as irritable as his coworkers, or he really likes his job. Then again, maybe he thought I was rich due to my lifetime pass and was hoping for a nice tip. Damn the privileged.

"That was different." Axel affirmed. I nodded in agreement and began looking for the room that I would call my own for the next eighteen hours.
----------------------------

The next morning the S.S. Aqua arrived safely in Olivine Port without anything exciting happening during the voyage. I descended the ramp with my tattered backpack on my shoulders and Axel by my side as always, while surrounded by the other passengers. I stretched my arms in the air with a satisfied sigh.

"Let the relaxation begin." I declared in a mellow tone. I suddenly heard a tear and felt the weight on my back shift to my right shoulder. "Oh don't tell me…" I groaned. I pulled off my backpack and sure enough the left strap had ripped. "Crap. Hold this while I get out the duct tape." I told Axel passing the pack to him. This was the second time I had to actually repair my pack with duct tape. The first was when it got caught on a torn bush and the pocket I keep all the Pokémon medicine ripped open.

"Why not put it in an Item Ball like you do with the stuff that doesn't fit in it?" the Infernape suggested.

"Because then it would be a pain in the ass getting stuff out." I countered as I dug through the bag. "Ah! Found it!" I said pulling out the silver roll of tape. While I repaired the strap by wrapping tape all around it, Axel was quietly giggling to himself at all the trouble I was going through. He looked at me like he was going to make fun of me, but he suddenly got a terrified look on his face.

"Forget the backpack for now, we have to go!" he said desperately.

"Why? What's wrong?" I said getting ready to turn around.

"Don't look! Just run! I'll explain everything when we get to safety!" he pleaded urgently. Before I could react to what he had told me I understood why the monkey was so panicked. And I wish I had had listened.

"Onii-chan!!!" came a loud high pitched excited girly voice.

"Oh no…" I whispered in complete terror. Not her.

"Why didn't you run?" Axel mourned in defeat.

"I didn't know!" I sobbed regretfully. I had already been spotted so there was no use in fleeing now. All I could do was stand my ground and take this like a man. Without warning, ninety pounds of girl was thrown onto my back causing me to lean forward. I'm glad I did stand my ground; otherwise I would have been knocked to the ground. Madison had her legs wrapped tightly around my waist and her arms just as tightly around my neck.

"Onii-chan! I really, really, really, [Oh kill me], missed you!" she squealed just as enthusiastically as ever. The feeling isn't mutually. Especially when I can't breathe! Her grip was like an Ekans around my throat. I desperately pulled on her arms while trying to choke out the words ‘Can't breathe!'

"Oh! Sorry!" she said loosening her grip. I began sucking in as much air as I could to fill my oxygen starved body. "Is Onii-chan ok?" she asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I said gasping heavily as if I had just run a mile with Madison on my back. I let out one big sigh having finally caught my second wind. "Now get of my back." I said sternly while straightening up so she'd be able to reach the ground easier. No sooner had I gotten her off of me was she already glomping Axel.

"I missed you too Axel-kun!" she cheered snuggling him. Now here we have the weirdest size comparison imaginable. Axel is tall for an Infernape, standing at four and a half feet. Madison is a sixteen-year-old human female and is barely the same height. I guess some things never change. She still dresses like she belongs in an anime convention rather than on the road as a trainer, this latest outfit being very Lucky Star-ish, not to mention her everlasting pink bangs.

"Brian, she won't let me go!" whined the golden monkey trying vainly to pry his way from Madison's death grip.

"Alright, that's enough Madison. Axel needs to breathe too." I said lightly tugging her shirt collar. Madison tilted her head back looking up at me then back down to Axel.

"Sorry Axel-kun." she apologized releasing him.

"So Madison, what brings you to Johto?" I inquired. Her brown eyes grew huge followed by a pathetic whimper from her mouth. I could tell by the shocked look on her face that I was in for a ridiculous story.

"You mean this isn't Hoenn?" she asked distraughtly as if hoping I would contradict myself. Instead, I face palmed and sighed. I knew it. "No-o! I got on the wrong boat again! I wanted to go to Hoenn for all the contests! Are there any contests in Johto?" I shook my head in the negative. Madison put her hands to her chin and began crying twin waterfalls while looking at me for guidance.

"You can't do anything right with out me can you?" I asked already knowing the answer. Madison shook her head with the same chibiish expression.

"Can I go with you?" Madison asked hopefully giving me puppy eyes.

"Me and Axel are supposed to be on vacation." I stated trying to deter her. All I succeeded in doing was make Madison give me a cuter face. I can't believe I'm about to say this. "Fine." I conceded. "It would be heartless of me to leave such a pathetic creature as you to roam on your own."

"YAY!" Madison cheered completely changing her disposition while jumping up and down. "I love you Onii-chan!" she cried happily as she hugged me again. I put my hand on the bridge of my nose between my eyes. So much for a relaxing vacation.

"You go too easy on her." Axel pointed out. I groaned knowing that much to be true. I slipped my arms between myself and Madison trying to free myself from her powerful clutch.

"We're going to the Whirl Islands. Any objections?" I asked without giving her much choice. Not that she would object. Knowing Madison, she would probably follow me to Hell and back.

"*squee* The Whirl Islands sound like so much fun! Thank you so much for inviting me!" she said gratefully.

"Now remember Madison, this is a vacation. That means we get to be as lazy as we damn well please, all schedules are out the window, and we just sit back, relax, play and have fun. Maybe chill by da poolside if we find one. Kay?" I went over just to make sure she understood.

"Why did you throw your schedule out of a window?" she asked blankly. *eye twitch* I should have taken the Magnet Train.

She's ba-ack. Still a simple little creature, but that's what we love about her right?

"Brian, she won't let me go!" whined the golden monkey trying vainly to pry his way from Madison's death grip.

Poor Axel. ;D

Looks like Brian is in for a spin now that Madison is back (another words, his sanity is). Can't wait until the next chapter. ^_^

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Well Monkey, it was well worth the wait. Pure, and utter hilarious. And not just for the obvious reasons, I often find myself laughing harder at your wording in descriptions then any other time.

The Whirl Islands a fun place? Me thinks that could be a bit of fore-shadowing.

*blissful sigh* Will I ever stop loving the torment your dishing out on Brian and Axel?

A: Never. EVER.

*gives Madison idea's to torment Brian*

Psycho Monkey

I love the fact that you all love this fic. I find your comments amusing and inspiring. ;D

Looks like Brian is in for a spin now that Madison is back (another words, his sanity is). Can't wait until the next chapter. ^_^

Brian actually lost most of his sanity a long time ago. Madison is probably the only one capable of driving him to the "They're Coming to Take Me Away Ha Ha!" stage.

The Whirl Islands a fun place? Me thinks that could be a bit of fore-shadowing.

_>
Maybe

*gives Madison idea's to torment Brian*

She doesn't torment Brian on purpose. Madison is more like what a little sister would be like if I had one.

Thanks for reading guys! Next chapter will be up whenever I get around to it.

Ah, yes, the naïve being known as Madison is back.

Thank you! *hugs P_M* She's hilarious!

I could totally imagine a chibi happy face on her as she strang- I mean hugged Brian to dea- I mean, to greet him.

Yep, duct tape will fix anything. I can agree with Brian that it's always good to have a roll on you.

:D Madison's back! Yay! *hugs P_M like Madison hugs Brian* Secad's right, I can imagine her chibi face too. It's so cute. Brian and Axel aren't going to get much of a vacation with Madison around are they. xD I want MORE!

Psycho Monkey

I do apologize for the month long wait, but after reading this thirteen page chapter you'll thank me for my meticulous attention to detail. This is perfection!

Chapter 18: The Unthinkable

I held a long sturdy black fishing rod in my hands as far out as my arms would allow with a big chunk of meat dangling from the string. This was to serve as motivation for the giant rotund bear with midnight blue fur and a cream colored belly to Surf myself, Axel, and Madison down to the Whirl Islands. No ships would dare make the trip because of all of the whirlpools so I had to resort to my usual brilliance in unconventional means and use my Snorlax. The food would always be there, but he wouldn't be able to reach it with his short arms until the task at hand was complete no matter how hard he swam. Sometimes it's a good thing hunger and instinct out weigh good judgment and reason.

"Are we there yet Onii-chan?" asked Madison. My eye started twitching at the dreaded question. I have to take care of this now before it gets out of hand.

"No Madison, and if you ask again I'm throwing you off the Snorlax." I answered trying to hide my annoyance.

"But I only asked once." she said giving me a confused look. "It's not like I was saying Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" she rambled on. I quickly felt what little sanity I had fading into nothingness.

"Gah! Axel! Shut her up!" I yelled trying to keep the fishing rod steady and hold my ears at the same time. I found it was an impossible move.

"Way ahead of ya." Axel said pulling the duct tape from my backpack. Madison let out a frightened squeal as she put her hands on her mouth and curled into a ball.

"Don't you think that's a little harsh? It would be funny as hell, but then I'd have to deal with her crying when we finally took the tape off." I said indifferently. The Infernape grunted in annoyance that he couldn't have his fun in making Madison a silver mummy.

"Thanks Onii-chan." said Madison gratefully. She crawled up Snorlax's back and joined me near the shoulders where I was sitting with the fishing rod.

"What are you thanking me for? Silence is golden, duct tape is silver. If you get duct taped, I'll never have silence again." I said straightforwardly.
----------------

We could go no further. Whirlpools and rocks were everywhere blocking every possible route except the one we had come from. To keep Snorlax from killing us, I pulled in the meat and let him have at it.

"What now Onii-chan?" Madison asked hoping I'd have an answer. As always, I did.

"Give me a minute to put away this rod." I said pulling out a grey orb that resembled a Pokéball but was used for an entirely different purpose. I held the Item Ball to the fishing rod and pulled back the latter item like how a Pokémon would be called back to its Pokéball. You got to hand it to the Devon Corporation; Item Balls sure make a trainer's life easier. It is possible to carry large items like fishing rods and bikes in a backpack along with tons of smaller items with these balls. After putting away the fishing rod, I pulled a Pokéball from my waist.

"Now to get to the islands." I said sending out Aerodactyl. "All aboard!" The Fossil Pokémon swooped in low so that everyone could climb on his back. By the time everyone had gotten on the flier, Snorlax had finished his meal. I took out the Sleeping Pokémon's Ultra Ball and called him back in a flash of red light for his nap.

We flew on Aerodactyl until reaching four rocky islands arranged in a spiral pattern, each one covered in rocks with some vegetation and surrounded by white sandy beaches. "Take the lower right one!" I called out pointing to the one I meant. The prehistoric beast pulled in his wings while tilting down into a dive. Madison screamed while I grinned in excitement from the adrenaline rush.

"That was scawy." Madison sobbed as she clung to my torso for dear life even after we had already landed.

"Wuss." I mocked. With a good bit of effort, I managed to peel the girl's arms off of me. I then unmounted my noble stead with Axel following me. Madison got off less gracefully, first getting caught on one of Aerodactyl's spikes causing her to slide before falling face first into the sand. Axel and I burst into laughter at the scene.

"It's not funny!" she whined getting up while trying her hardest to brush the sand off of her clothes and out of her hair.

"Ha ha ha aha… *sigh* You're right, it's not funny." I said catching my breath. "It's hilarious!" I began laughing hysterically again. Axel held out his hand trying desperately to say something over his laughter so I gave him the high five he was looking for. All the while our female companion glared at us angrily for getting so much amusement at her expense.

"Hmph!" she pouted turning her head away from us.

"Aw. Don't get mad. It's vacation, you have to unwind." I encouraged. "Besides, you should already know that me and Axel are easily entertained. Now get yer bathing suit on! We're going swimming!" I declared already taking my shirt off.

"But where do I change?" asked Madison nervously as she began looking around.

"Well, you could be ridiculously prepared like me," I dropped my pants to reveal that I already had my suit on, "or you can duck behind those bushes over there." I said pointing to a small patch of green foliage roughly fifty feet up the beach. The brush was actually closer to the rocky part of the island than the sand.

"But-"

"Look. I'm the only boy on the island and all I care about is seeing how far out I can swim. Use your Pokémon for protection if you're scared." I pointed out, now fully undressed save my swimwear. Madison nodded and ran up the beach to her hiding place.

"Enjoy yourself. I'm not going past the high tide mark." Axel said bitterly. Such is my one disadvantage of having a Fire-type. He'll join me in all of my crazy endeavors except the ones that will get him wet.

"Then let me give you some company." I said picking up my other Pokémon's balls. Snorlax, Piloswine, Riolu, and Beldum joined Aerodactyl and Axel on the beach. "It's everyone's vacation so have fun doing as you please." I encouraged.

With that, I turned toward Kyogre's realm and ran headlong down the sand to the sea. My speed was gradually diminished the further out I got starting with kicking water everywhere at the tide line to hopping on the bottom until I could no longer feel it. Once I could no longer feel anything but cold water under my feet, I leaned forward into prone position and began breast stroking out further. The water was not as rough as one might think from all the whirlpools everywhere. But it was also not what I would call calm either. Something in the middle I would say.

"Onii-chan!" Madison called from the shoreline waving at me. I turned around bobbing in the water. From what I could see from my location, she was wearing a pinkish purple one piece and standing about ankle deep. I waved back at her and Riolu who was doggy paddling just a few feet from Madison. Aerodactyl was perched on one of the many rocks that littered the shore, Snorlax was sleeping lazily on the beach with Axel leaning against his bulk, Piloswine looked like he was digging a hole in the sand with his tusks, and Beldum just floated around aimlessly. Mimi, Maki, Chuchu, Fluffy, Ichi, and Cherim were also out and about with Maki swimming along side Riolu.

Suddenly, Riolu stopped his leisurely swim and looked toward me with a startled bark. Axel also got up off of Snorlax and ran to the tide line. "Brian! Get back here now!" the monkey shouted urgently.

"Onii-chan!" Madison screamed frantically. I didn't even need to guess why they were so worked up, I already knew. No sooner had Riolu's head perked up, I felt the water around me recede. I quickly turned my head around to see a huge tidal wave looming over head.

"Oh shi-!" was all I could scream before all that water came crashing down on me. I felt like I was in a whirlwind of madness. I couldn't tell which direction was up, down, left, right, forward, or behind as I spiraled through the water. The answer only came when I bounced on my back against the sandy bottom, then again when I was lifted back up, spun around, and dropped on my left shoulder.

When the currents seemed to calm down, I was finally able to pick myself up and get the much needed air that my lungs burned for. I tried wiping the salty water from my eyes to see where I was, but that only made things worse as my hands were also dripping wet. I finally got my eyes open enough to see that I was about knee deep facing the ocean and another wave was heading my way. This one, however, broke just before hitting me, but sent gallons of water hitting me below the waist like a punch to the balls. I fell on my ass from the impact with the wind knocked out of me.

I got up again and staggered back to the beach completely dizzy from the shellshock. I couldn't even walk in a straight line and almost fell twice. My nose and eyes burned from the salt water and my mouth felt dry. Despite it all, I was laughing maniacally. I have never been thrashed so badly before and I liked it. If I could, I would love to go through that all over again without any changes.

"Onii-chan! Are you ok!? You're bleeding!" Madison cried. Bleeding? I looked at my left shoulder, the one I had landed on. It had a few scrapes on it but other than that it was nothing serious. My back was probably the same way. Axel walked up next to me when I got out of the water incase I needed anything or fell from dizziness.

"Grab me a bottle of water." I told the Infernape as I sat down with my legs up for balance. I started spitting to get all the salt out of my mouth. Not exactly an easy task. Axel came back and handed me the bottle I always keep in my front pocket. I accepted and began chugging to rehydrate myself. After my drink, I used what was left in the bottle to wash out my mouth by rinsing and spitting the mixture into the sand.

"Onii-cha~an!" Madison called obnoxiously trying to get my attention.

"I'm fine Madison." I said with a sigh. I started sniffing inward until I finally forced out a sneeze that had been bothering me for the last couple of minutes. It was a very phlegmy sneeze as it was taking all of the ocean's dissolved particles with it. "Very fine."
--------------

That night after my epic experience, we had a bonfire complement of Axel. For dinner we had hotdogs, followed by s'mores for dessert. While we ate, we told random stories of past endeavors and complete fantasy. By this time, Madison had changed into a pair of beige shorts and a pink hoodie. All I did was put my shirt back on.

"Then when it looked like I was about to loose, Axel let out a furious roar. He was consumed by his Blaze aura and began growing and changing. When the glow dissipated, my Monferno was gone, replaced by the badass Infernape you see here. Whitney's Miltank didn't stand a chance." I said telling Madison about my last trip to Johto.

"True story. Afterward we had burgers." Axel added. I began chuckling evilly remembering how we called our lunch that day Whitney's Miltank.

"Wow." Madison said in amazement. "Onii-chan and Axel had lotsa fun huh?"

"We still are. You can too." I looked at my Poketch. It read 11:29p. "Tis getting late. Have Maki put out this fire so we can go to bed. Tomorrow will be another day of unplanned fun."

Even with the light of the fire completely gone so that even sparks didn't remain, the beach was still bathed in the light of the almost full moon and stars. I was slowly lulled to sleep by the peaceful sound of the waves which was all that could be heard in the silence of the night.
--------------

Was it humming? No. It sounded more like singing. It was so calm… soothing… and peaceful. It sounded like a happy song. Or was it sad? I guess melancholy would be the right word to describe it. What ever it was, it was relaxing. Like every worry or problem I had was gone. It was just me and the song.

"Onii-chan wake up!" I lazily opened one eye to see Madison crouching over me. I wish it was just me and the song. Wait! The song. It was gone. Had I just been dreaming it?

"What do you want?" I said groggily. The sky was still dark with the only sign of morning being a thin azure glow on the Eastern horizon.

"I saw a big silver bird." she whispered. I was slightly intrigued, but not enough to get up. I took a quick look at my Poketch which read 5:38a.

"You're dreaming. Go back to sleep." I advised as I rolled back over.

"It wasn't a dream. I really saw it. It came out of the ocean and flew to one of the other islands." Madison went on. It is way too early for this.

"Alright, fine. Show me where you saw this ‘silver bird' of yours." I said drowsily getting up. "Let me just get dressed first." When I had at least gotten some pants on I kicked Axel to wake him up too.

"Man. I was having such a nice dream too. That was a beautiful song." the monkey groaned at being woken up so early.

As Madison dragged us to the north most part of the island, I began hearing screeches and fluttering. It definitely sounded like a bird, or rather multiple birds. The sound was coming from behind one of the tallest of the many rock formations. When we rounded the corner, we were greeted by a sight like no other. The North side of the beach was littered with dozens of Tentacool, Shellder, and Mantine carcasses. Above them were dozens, maybe even hundreds more Wingulls having a feeding frenzy on the all-you-can-eat-buffet that covered the sand. One of the bird Pokémon was picking the eye out of a deceased Tentacool while another ripped out the soft insides of a Shellder. There was more going on than I could possibly describe. I was left awe struck. How did so many Pokémon wash up on the beach like this? What could have done this? As bizarre as this situation was, it did answer one question.

"There's your silver bird Madison." I said pointing to the flock of Wingull. "The morning light, or lack there of, must have reflected off of their white feathers making them look silver. And because there are so many, they looked like one giant bird." I explained.

"That's not it!" Madison responded adamantly. "It wasn't Wingull. It was ginormous and it flew over to that island!" she said pointing in the distance to a rock peak. "We have to go!" Persistent as always.

"Madison, the sun isn't even up yet. I'm on vacation, I'm tired, I'm going back to bed." I said leaving no room for argument. "However, you have aroused my curiosity. When I wake up for real we can investigate this silver bird of yours after breakfast. Until then, don't wake me."
-----------------

True to my word, the three of us flew on Aerodactyl to the specified island four hours later. It took some work getting around the Wingull, but after that it was a smooth flight. Between the two islands in the ocean were several violent whirlpools grouped together in one area. The strange thing about them was the way they were spiraling. It was as if they were pulling water from the surface to fill a void left below, like a giant mass rose from the sea at a very high velocity. I suddenly remembered something Axel said earlier that I was too tired to process at the time.

"Axel, you said you had a dream about singing earlier. What was it like?" I questioned.

"I don't know. It sounded kinda lonely but at the same time reassuring." Axel tried explaining.

"I also had a dream about singing." Madison added with excitement.

"You too?" I inquired in disbelief. "Do you remember how it went?"

"Mhm. It was something like-" she closed her eyes and began humming. That was it! That was exactly what I heard in my dream. Axel had the same surprised look as I did.

"This is no coincidence. There is no way all of us had the same dream about a song none of us have ever heard before." I acknowledged. "No, it wasn't a dream. We must have been hearing the song at the exact same time."

"Do you think it was the silver bird?" asked Madison. Aerodactyl landed on the island's mountain near a cave.

"Maybe." I said hopping off. This time I helped Madison off so she wouldn't hurt herself on the jagged rocks in the area. I recalled Aerodactyl to his Pokéball before walking into the cave. Axel walked in front as our light while I brought up the rear with Madison in the middle so she wouldn't get lost. Most caves I have found are very treacherous and can be deadly if you don't know where you're going or you don't take proper precaution ahead of time.

Rather than seek out the silver bird itself, we decided to look for traces it had been here: feathers, bird poo, footprints, or anything else relevant to the search. The next best thing would be if we heard it, with the best being actually seeing it. I debated on whether or not I should try to catch it or not. I guess it would depend on the situation.

"WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!" Madison suddenly screamed as she jumped back into me. I caught her in my arms and helped her regain her balance.

"What's wrong?" I asked in concern.

"Sa-sa-something touched my leg!" she wailed hysterically. I wordlessly directed Axel to turn his head to where Madison had been standing. Running away from the light was a decent sized red crab with its pinchers elevated above its body.

"It's just a Krabby silly." I reassured. "I'm sure there are many more wild Pokémon in here. Now come. We have a silver bird to seek." Madison whined as I pushed her forward to keep going.

The deeper we went, the colder it got. It was no where near as cold as the Ice Path where I could see my breath, but it was enough to make my exposed arms tingly. Some paths were open, allowing us to go anywhere. Others were narrow, forcing us in one specific direction without the option of turning around. Inside the cave there were also hills, some so steep we had to go one at a time so we wouldn't fall into eachother while using the wall in an attempt to maintain balance. Others were flat enough that it didn't even feel like a hill. There were also random tunnels in various places leading to different "rooms" inside the cave. More than once Madison let out a pathetic whimper from something that scared her, usually the occasional Zubat.

"Can we go now Onii-chan?" she asked nervously. I stopped in my tracks which told Axel to do the same when he looked back and saw we weren't moving.

"Go? You're the one who wanted to find the silver bird!" I reminded. "Where be ye sense of adventarre?" I asked pirate like. "You commented last night how Axel and I had a lot of fun. Now's your chance! Even if this search is a bust, you can still brag later that you explored the deep, dank, and dark caverns of the Whirl Islands in search of a rare silver bird! No go forth! See this to the end!"

With my encouraging speech, Axel moved forward again. Madison reluctantly followed, with me behind them. I noticed the small child was shaking despite hugging herself for warmth. I walked closer and leaned forward to talk in her ear. "If you're cold, get closer to Axel's fire. If you're scared, don't be. We'll protect you from any harm. Kay?"

"Okay!" Madison said happily. "I know I can trust Onii-chan!"

As we walked down one particular tunnel, the floor started getting damper, most likely from the water dripping from the ceiling. Every step we took caused the floor to splash. Every drop that fell did nothing to me, but made Madison jump and Axel grumble. A new scent slowly filled the cavern. It was the smell of water. When we exited the tunnel, we were on a subterranean island possibly big enough to fit me, Madison, and all twelve of our Pokémon with only a little bit of room to spare. The smell of water came from the water surrounding the island. I slowly walked across the slippery damp surface to the edge. I got on my knees, stuck my face in the water, and sucked in, something I immediately regret doing. I quickly pulled my head out and started spitting.

"Don't drink that! It's brackish." I warned.

"What does brackish mean?" asked Madison putting her index finger to her mouth cluelessly. I informed her three times that it meant it was salt water, but not as salty as the ocean as she didn't quite get it the first two times. My theory was that the water was once fresh ground water, but being surrounded by the ocean, salt water gradually seeped in as well. I decided not to voice that theory out loud as I really don't feel like explaining it five different times.

"Looks like we can go no further. Time to turn around and go back." I said dejectedly.

"Why can't we get on Snorlax and see where the water goes?" Madison inquired.

"You don't hear it?" I asked. Madison looked around obliviously before shaking her head. "That is the sound of crashing water meaning there's a waterfall nearby." I informed. "If we go down that waterfall, we're screwed. It's better to cut our losses now and say we tried, than to do something stupid and end up dead."

"Why not try a different corridor and see where it leads?" asked Axel.

"Simply put, we've been in here for almost five hours. In another five hours it will be almost dusk. That's providing we take the exact path back that we took getting here. One wrong move and we may not be getting out of here until midnight." I ranted.

After sending my charges back the way we came, I noted that it was just as difficult to get around if not more. Just like getting to this point, we had to deal with treacherous terrain and maze-like structures. What made it more difficult was remembering which way we had come from; exactly as I predicted. It got to the point that I had to carry Madison on my back because she was too tired to keep going.

"We'll rest here for a little while." I declared after climbing up a particularly steep hill. Even I had reached my limits, plus with Madison now asleep, she was dead weight and wouldn't be able to hold on to me if I needed to use my hands for any reason. Axel sighed with relief. Obviously he only kept going for me. I had the Flame Pokémon take the sleeping girl off of my back and lay her on a flatter surface of the bumpy ground. I sat down and started rubbing my shoulders.

"So what do you think it was? The silver bird I mean." the golden monkey inquired taking a seat next to me.

"Honestly, I'm thinking Lugia." I admit as I leaned forward to stretch my back muscles.

"Lugia huh?"

"Mhm." I nodded. "Johto legend speaks of a Great Silver Guardian that used to reside atop the Brass Tower before fleeing when a lightning bolt burned the tower to the ground. Over the last couple of centuries sailors and fishermen have been spreading rumors of a silver beast that causes storms near the Whirl Islands. I think they are one and the same and that the silver bird Madison saw is in fact Lugia. The song that we all heard was my first hint that what we were looking for is actually real. But there are other clues that I think all go together. The tidal wave that hit me yesterday was the only one that hit all day leading me to believe some unusual force caused it. A bigger one must have struck last night while we were sleeping to wash all of those Pokémon onto the beach. Adding that to those violent whirlpools that we saw in the ocean between the islands has led me to the conclusion that something big and powerful rose from the depths in the last 24 hours. My tidal wave was just the first ripple of Lugia's rising. The other came when it emerged. Madison must have woken up and seen it before it flew over to this island. Whether or not it actually landed here, I'm stumped given that we have found no further evidence, but at least we know what it is we're dealing with." I explained.

"It makes perfect sense. You've been think about that a lot haven't you?"

"What else would I have been doing all this time? I can't not think." I confessed. I looked over at Madison who was sleeping so peacefully. "We might as well get some rest too. She doesn't look like she'll be getting up anytime soon."

"You rest. I'll take the first watch." Axel offered.

"No, you sleep too. You're our light source." I said releasing Riolu from his Pokéball. "He'll watch. Rio. If you sense anything, wake us up before it gets here." I instructed. Riolu nodded in compliance before closing his eyes to survey the area. I laid back and threw my hands behind my head as a pillow. Axel curled up next me and closed his eyes. It didn't take long for me to join him.
---------------

I was the first to wake up, followed by Axel a few minutes later. Madison could probably out sleep Snorlax with how long she's been out. I'll give her ten minutes, after that I'm waking her up in the most interesting way I can think of.

"3… 2… 1. Time's up." I said after the allotted ten minutes unleashing Aerodactyl.

"What's he for?" Axel asked warily.

"Watch. Roar Aerodactyl!" I commanded. The Fossil Pokémon inhaled deeply prior to releasing a frightening ear shattering shriek that echoed off of the cavern walls giving it a more ominous and sinister sound. Madison awoke with a terrified scream while I laughed my ass off at how evil I can be.

"It's not funny Onii-chan!!" my victim yelled. My amusement ceased when Riolu tugging at my pants leg with a nervous look on his face. Answering Aerodactyl's call was a loud cry that echoed from deep in the cave. The howl was like nothing I had ever heard in my life. It was one of power that commanded respect.

"You're right Madison. Perhaps I did go too far this time." I admit with an uneasy tone. "But we can talk about that later. Right now I think I just pissed off Lugia. Run!" I ordered. The sound of multiple beating wings could be heard as a swarm of Zubat flooded the corridor we were in. They were most likely startled by Aerodactyl's and that other creature's roars.

"You've really done it now, haven't you?" Axel chastised.

"You can tell me off later! Right now move it!" I yelled after returning Riolu and Aerodactyl to their respective balls. We kept the same pecking order to ensure that no one got left behind. That made life rather difficult for me as I was the one who was harassed the most by those bloodsucking fiends.

"That's enough!" I proclaimed. "Come back out Aerodactyl!" I summoned releasing the stone grey winged terror. "Scatter these Zubat with Supersonic and Roar!" I threw my hands over my ears as I expected the Supersonic to vibrate off of the walls just like Roar did, and confusion at a time like this would be pretty bad. "Cover your ears everyone!" I shouted. The ancient Pokémon opened his mouth releasing a shrill screech that sent the Zubat into disarray. Once they started swarming aimlessly, Aerodactyl let out another fearsome roar sending the Bat Pokémon back into the depths of the cave they came from.

"Is it over?" Madison asked hopefully. Before I could say yes, another wild bat dropped from the ceiling, this one with a huge gapping mouth lined with sharp fangs. In a sense it was a flying mouth as the feet came out of the jaw and the wings were attached to the cheeks. Jeez, it's one thing after another here. The Golbat spit out its long saliva covered tongue as it screeched a cry rivaling Aerodactyl's.

"I've had enough of this!" I said angrily. I called Aerodactyl back to his Pokéball while readying a Great Ball. "Finish this Piloswine!" I called sending out a large pig Pokémon covered in coarse brown fur with two large tusks protruding from his mouth. "Icy Wind!" The wooly boar blew a freezing breath at the evolved Bat Pokémon that crystallized the cave's water vapor into an icy white mist. The Golbat shrieked with displeasure from the Super-effective hit as it flew into the abyss.

"I say we get the hell out before a Crobat decides it wants to join the party as well." I said sarcastically. I will be willing to admit this was my fault after we get out of the cave.
------------

Hours passed until we finally reached the mouth of the cavern, recognizable only for the moonlight shining in. According to my watch it was 1:11a. We would have made better time had we not taken that rest or been attacked by deranged Zubat, but I digress. We found Lugia, even if we only heard its cry, so the trip wasn't a total waste. Plus it is always fun to explore new places just to see what can be found.

"It's late, so I say we sleep here tonight." I said taking a seat followed by a yawn.

"*Yawn* Ok. Good night Onii-chan." Madison said rubbing her eyes.

"Night ya lazy monkeys." Axel said tiredly.
-------------

"I'm going for an early morning walk. You wanna come with?" I asked Madison the following morning.

"No thanks Onii-chan. I'm making us breakfast today." she said confidently.

"You!?" I questioned in shock. "O~ok. Axel my friend, I have a feeling one of us is going to die today." I joked.

"That's why you're eating first." the monkey replied.

"Bye Onii-chan! Bye Axel-kun!" Madison called to us as we began our trip from the rocky ridge near the mouth of the cave down to the beach.

For this vacation, Axel and I decided that we would do no training or battling unless in self defense like yesterday. However, that doesn't mean a leisurely walk along the beach on a beautiful sunny morning was out of the question. The salty breeze was crisp and fresh, the sound of the waves was relaxing, and the shining sun was warm. While we walked, Axel and I lamented that we didn't get to at least see Lugia like Madison did. Lucky girl.

I suddenly stopped cold in my tracks. I don't know what it was, but I sensed something. Something felt horribly wrong. My heart began racing and my body began shaking.

"Brian. What's wrong?" Axel asked in a serious, apprehensive voice. I looked out into the ocean. In the distance there was a gun metal black ship. There was some marking on the hull, but I couldn't tell what it was from this angle at this distance. The sight of the ship only made this foreboding feeling stronger.

"We need to go back!" I yelled breaking into a run back the way we had come. I don't know how I knew, but my instincts were telling me that that ship in the distance was dangerous. An agonizing scream could be heard as we neared the campsite. "Madison!" I shouted desperately as I picked up the pace.

A horrifying sight greeted me when I returned. Two men dressed in black with a red ‘R' plastered on each of their shirts, white gloves and boots, and black hats stood behind two Houndoom, each spewing streams of orange fire from their maws onto their poor unsuspecting victim. My entire body quivered with rage.

"Axel! Destroy those Houndoom!" I roared my voice shaken with furry. The Infernape screamed as he ran to the demon dogs, tackling one into the other. The Dark Pokémon yelped in surprise as they were knocked away from their burning prey. In a singly motion I grabbed Piloswine's Great Ball and released the boar. "Powder Snow!" I commanded. Piloswine blew a cold snowflake filled breath over the burning corpses putting out the fires. I collapsed to my knees over the two sets of remains. On was of a charred shriveled plant. A Cherim! The other… No… the other was of a human girl! On parts of the body the flesh had been burned clean off the bone while in other parts only the skin was gone revealing the muscle tissue below. The most horrific part was how unrecognizable the body was, yet I could still identify the blackened remains by the remnants of pink hair on the front of the scalp, the single remaining brown eye, and what was left of the clothes. It was sickening!

"Oh Madison… What did they do to you?" I asked mournfully starting to cry.

"Was that girl a friend of yours?" one of the murderous Rockets asked in a mocking tone. I looked up at the two criminals with an unforgiving gaze. I could barely see them as my eyes were blinded with tears. My entire being burned inside with a violent anger. They had just taken a life, no, two lives and they were making jokes.

"Friend?" I said shakily. "I was Madison's Onii-chan. At first I hated the nickname, but more and more it grew on me until she finally did become like my little sister. Though we were not related by blood, I was as much her brother as I am my parent's son." My voice sounded calm, but it was seething with malice. "But you bastards took all that away! Madison was just a child, she had her whole life ahead of her! A little naïve, sure, but she would have over come that! I will never forgive you for this! I'll make you pay! I'll make you hurt! I'll destroy you!" I roared vengefully. My voice no longer sounded human.

"I've heard enough of this guy." said the other Rocket pulling a knife from the belt his waist. "I'll send you to hell to reunite with your sister!" he yelled lunging at me. I ran at the Rocket head on, the adrenaline rush from my bloodlust giving me deadly accuracy. As he stabbed at me, I grabbed his wrist in my right hand and thrust my left palm into his elbow causing it to shatter and his arm bend the opposite way it was supposed to. The Rocket let out a painful scream from the damage done to his arm. But I wasn't done with this one, not yet. I picked up the knife he dropped when I destroyed his arm and slashed it across his throat before stabbing him between the eyes. The murderer fell to the ground dead himself.

"Madison was too sweet to go to hell, which is a good thing as she'll never have to see you again." I said without remorse or regret.

"Shit! You're fucking insane!" the other killer screamed turning to run away.

"And you're fucking dead! Don't kill unless you are prepared to be killed!" I screamed giving chase. I was on him in a second. My body was powered by anger and hate; there was nothing I couldn't catch. I pounced on my victim like a Persian on a Rattata. I flipped him around to face me, then punched him in the face causing his nose to shatter. I stood up, lifted the Rocket by his collar, and punched him back to the ground. I then sat on top of him planting my feet on his wrists so he couldn't fight back. I furiously punched his face where every time I pulled a fist back the other one was already coming down on him again. I continued my relentless assault until my prey's face no longer looked like a face, just a distorted mound of bleeding flesh. Yet he still managed to live.

"Monstah! Monstah!" he choked spitting teeth and blood at me.

"Monster? Me?" I asked hatefully. "You're the one who killed a child! She did nothing wrong! Just in the wrong place at the wrong time! You didn't need to kill her, you just did! I'm not the monster here, YOU are!" I wrapped both of my hand around the Rocket's neck and began pressing down on his Adam 's apple as hard as I could with my thumbs. "And now you will never speak again!" With every gasp of air the murderer made, I squeezed tighter and tighter until his trachea collapsed under the pressure and he breathed no more.

I sighed heavily as I began to regain my composure. Everything had happened so fast, so it took awhile for it all to sink in, and when it did I screamed in horror. "Wh-what have I done!?" I sobbed. I threw my blood soaked hands around my head and began griping trying to comprehend everything. "I- I killed them… I just killed two people! I'm no better than they are! I'm a murderer! There's no forgiveness for this, I'll go to jail for sure!" I looked around the area at the two people whose live I had taken. Then I saw Madison's and Cherim's corpses.

"No. What am I saying? I'm not the murderer here, they are!" I realized. "They killed an innocent girl, they deserved to die! I was simply avenging the death of someone close to me. They killed for the fun of it! I'm right, they're wrong! Strife Maxwell was right, this world is corrupt. The police are obviously not enough to set things right, hell, they're part of the problem! This whole system is flawed. Only Team Neos can set this world straight, and to do that they'll need all the help they can get, right Axel?" I asked the golden Infernape who had come up behind me during my rambling. "Right!?" I pressed.

"Yeah." he said solemnly with a nod.

"That's right." I said with a dark grin. "Hmhmhmhmhm Hehehehehehe Ahahahahahaha AHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!"

And so I fell into maniacal laughter…

*maniacal laughter continued* Surprised? Shocked? Horrified? THAT is what it takes to give birth to a villain protagonist! >:D