• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Rise of Team Neos

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
If you give a monkey a typewriter can it write Shakespeare? I wouldn't know, I don't own a typewriter. What I do know is that if you give a monkey a laptop he can spit out a pretty decent fanfic.

[size=14pt]The Rise of Team Neos[/size]

Preface

When Team Neos first appeared, they received mixed reviews. Some saw them as saviors because they directly interfered with the major criminal organizations around the world, Teams Rocket, Galactic, Aqua, and Magma. Others, however, were a bit more skeptical given that the Neos's doings were criminal in there own right. In the end the members of Team Neos were written off as vigilantes and allowed to exist, and over time their numbers rose to over a million members.

March 14, 2010 marked the fall of Team Rocket, the last of the criminal organizations to fall. Not long after that Team Neos revealed their true colors, they were merely exterminating the competition. With no one to stop them, crime rates soared. There were so many members of so many factions spread all over the world the police couldn't keep up.

What made matters worse were the creations by Neos scientists. The first was the DarkMasterBall, the 100% catch rate of a normal MasterBall with special mechanics to make any Pokémon caught in it obey the one who caught it. Legendaries were no exception. The second creation was a sin against all creation, the Akatsuki, named such because they were the "dawn of a new era and breed." The Akatsuki were humans genetically engineered with the Pokémon gene that determines type. Of the 17 types of Pokémon discovered, only 15 Akatsuki were successfully created. There was no Normal-Type because Pokémon reflect the Normal-Type only with the absence of this gene or if the gene is inactive. The second missing type was Dragon because the power of a Dragon-Type Pokémon was too great for any human to handle. All specimens with this gene died when their bodies deteriorated from the stress the uncontrollable power put on them. The scientists believed there was a way around this problem by breeding someone with the Dragon gene with a normal human to neutralize the stress on the body but the result of this experiment remains unknown.

A complex mission performed by the Stealth Division of Team Neos was able to instigate a world war. On July 1, 2011 the plane carrying the Kanto president, who was going to a conference with the other world leaders in Goldenrod City, was high jacked and crashed into the building they were supposed to meet in. The Hoenn President had been conveniently held up in traffic and was instantly blamed for this. Simultaneously people dressed in Sinnoh military uniforms attacked the Johto, Hoenn, and Kanto embassies in Hearthome City and mercilessly slaughtered everyone inside the buildings. Outraged by the atrocity, all nations involved declared war on one another despite denials from either side. While the nations suffered from this turmoil, Team Neos profited by becoming weapons merchants for anyone who would buy from them.

The confusion and chaos also allowed Team Neos to move about unhindered and unnoticed as they travelled the world collecting all the Legendaries that would be necessary for their ultimate plan. December 21, 2012 marked the end of the world when Team Neos finally revealed their plan to the people. Sinnoh legend spoke of a Colossal Pokémon that could move the continents with ropes. Neos used the power of Regigigas to their advantage by merging all the continents into one single giant land mass. The powers of Kyogre and Groudon radically altered the climates of the super continent. Cinnabar Island was submerged completely underwater while the Lake of Rage became a barren crater. The final assault came with Palkia, who was used to warp the space around the continent completely mixing the former nations of the world together like a smoothie. Team Neos's take over was absolute. The old nations, already torn apart by war, were utterly destroyed plus the Neos had the Legendaries and the Akatsuki.

Refugees of the war fled into the densest woods on the planet, the merged Viridian Forest, Petalburg Woods, and Eterna Forest. At the furthest edge of the now called Dark Forest was a small clearing with the forest surrounding it on the North, East, and South sides and a tall cliff to the West. The refugees built a town in this isolated part of the ruined world as the last glimmer of hope and light the world had, appropriately naming the settlement Glimmer Town.

Last edited by a moderator:

Psycho Monkey

[size=12pt]Warning:[/size] The following contains scenes of blood, gore, language, material that may be offensive, and may not be suitable for some readers. You have been warned >:D

Prologue

Two figures made their way through the Dark Forest to the unsuspecting Glimmer Town. The taller one stood an even six feet and wore a long black leather trench coat ending at his ankles. The coat had a hood which obscured the wearers face. The shorter on was roughly four and a half feet tall and was dressed the same as his partner right down to the black gloves and boots the former had. The duo was completely hidden in the black moonless night, while their steps were drowned out by the hard falling summer rain. The people of Glimmer Town were completely oblivious when the two strangers emerged from the woods. Naturally by the weather and time of day no one roamed the streets. Several houses still had lights on, but it was the local diner that seemed to be where all the excitement was.

"Care for some drinks?" the taller one asked. The second nodded in agreement with a grunt. They walked up to the wooden door of the diner and pushed it open. The second they walked in, everyone inside turned their heads and stared at them. The people were a bit wary of the strangers who seemed to come out of nowhere, having never had any visitors for as long as the town existed. They had good reason too, this town had been hidden from the world for so long, and now two strangely dressed figures had arrived. Were the friend or foe? Were they wanderers who had just stumbled upon the town or were they spies of Team Neos? These were the questions running through the minds of the town's people. The outlanders paid them no mind and chose an empty table in the back to sit at.

After ten minutes of waiting in silence a beautiful young waitress possibly in her early 20's walked over to their table. She were a white button-up shirt, short sleeved given the season, a navy blue skirt, matching navy blue socks, and black tennis shoes. Her long brown hair flowed down her back to the base of her spine with two strands hanging down the sides of her face ending at her collar bone. The most attractive and unique thing about this young woman was her heterochromatic eyes, the left eye was blue and the right eye green. "C-can I get you a-anything?" she stuttered nervously.

"Don't be nervous. We don't bite. There are a lot of scary people in this world, but we're not them. Unless you get on our bad side that is. But you can relax." said the tall one. "As for me, I'll have tea."

"One tea." said the waitress more calmly. "And you sir?" she asked the other.

"He'll also have tea." The tall one again.

"Can't he talk?" the waitress inquired.

"Only to me." he responded. The waitress went back to the counter to pick up the drinks.

"Be careful of them Relena. I don't trust those guys as far as I can throw them." said the male bartender who looked to be in his 40's.

"Don't say that Mr. Pete. They don't seem that bad." Relena defended picking up a tray carrying two empty cups and a pot of hot tea with steam coming from the spout. She walked back to the new comer's table and set the tray down. "Here is your tea. If you need anything else, my name is Relena so just give me a call." The speaker of the group nodded as Relena walked away to other tables.

Before either one could even pour themselves a cup the diner door was kicked open breaking one of the hinges. Three more out of towners walked in the doorless opening. There was no second guessing that this trio had malicious intent. Aside from their entrance, the three of them were clad in grey. From their mid-shin high boots, to their hakama esque pants, to their gloves, and their long sleeved shirt with a hood on it emblazoned with a silver X with red dots in the upper cross, grey dots in the lower cross and blue dots between the two crosses. There was no mistake; these three were members of Team Neos.

"What a fucking dump!" said the one in the middle. "Aren't hidden paradises supposed to be beautiful and full of treasures?" he asked his partners holding his arms out to the sides. The other two laughed. The middle one, who was obviously the squad leader, led his comrades to a table where an old couple was sitting. "Move it!" he said venomously.

"We're not scared of you!" said the old man defiantly.

"Don't try and be a hero now." said another member, this one female.

"Why throw away what little lifespan you have left?" said the third, another male. He picked the old man up by the shirt collar and threw him to the ground. The old woman got up and kneeled over her husband.

"Are you alright?" she asked worriedly.

"I'm fine." he responded pulling himself to his feet. Meanwhile the Neos's crowded around the table, the leader resting his feet on the table. The people in the diner looked disgustedly at the Neos, then turned their heads to the cloaked ones who were sipping tea completely ignoring the situation.

"You! Waitress! Get over here!" commanded the second male. Relena unhappily turned to the table and walked over.

"*whistles* I don't need a menu, I already know what I want." the leader said wrapping his arm around Relena's waist and pulling her closer.

"Sorry, but I'm not on the menu!" she said forcefully pulling away. Though she was scared, she wasn't about to give these guys the satisfaction.

"I like ‘em feisty!" he cheered, this time grabbing at her chest. This earned the leader a slap to the face.

"BITCH!" he shouted preparing a punch. Relena winced at the incoming attack, but it never came. She slowly opened her blue eye and saw the taller cloaked guy gripping the Neos's fist in his hand.

"They lady's not interested, so why not back off." he said calmly while tightening his grip causing the Neos to scream in pain. He pulled away and held his fist in his other hand close to his chest.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" asked the female angrily.

"I don't think I'm anyone. I know I'm me." he said nonchalantly.

"Smart ass! Do you have any idea who we are? We're members of Team Neos. We make the rules, you follow them. We can do what ever the hell we want." spat the leader.

"Uh… no. You must be mistaken. See, Neo, Leader, and all the other higher-ups, they make the rules and can do what ever the hell the want. You, well, you're just a puppet." said the cloaked one.

"How dare you!" roared the leader grapping a Pokeball. "I'll fucking kill you!"

"Uh uh uhah." said the stranger wagging his finger side to side. "This is a nice place. Let's take this outside so we don't make a mess."

"Fine by me. Let's teach this guy a lesson in respect." With that the members of Team Neos walked out along with the two cloaked ones followed by everyone else in the diner. It had been a long time since anyone had seen a Pokémon battle and they were eager to see how this one turned out. Outside the rain had stopped, leaving damp earth in its wake.

"Let's make a wager." the stranger declared. "If you win, I'll leave and this town is yours to have your way with." This earned complaints from the town's folk. The outlander raised his hand silencing them. "But if I win, all three of you leave this place, never return, and never reveal what you found. Deal?"

"I'll make you regret what you just said." the leader said scornfully, throwing his Pokeball to the ground releasing a long purple serpent Pokémon with a wide hood at its neck marked with a pattern that resembled the face of a demon. Beneath the snake's jaw was a downward pointing black arrow. On either side was a pointed black ring filled with red and a yellow heart shape. At the base of the hood was a black blotch resembling a cruel smile. The Arbok stuck out its thin forked tongue between two long venom secreting fangs with a malevolent hiss.

"You're a member of Team Neos, let me know if you recognize this one." said the cloaked one sending out his own Pokémon. The metallic blue creature levitated over the ground near its trainers shoulder height. The only limbs on its disc shaped body were two long arms which ended in silver claws and pointed outward at the elbow. Lining its shoulders were two silver spikes. Another silver spike lay between the creature's hollow red eyes marking a nose.

"What is that thing?" asked the leader stupidly. The stranger rolled his eyes at such a dumb question.

"Yup, you're definitely a puppet if you don't even recognize your organization's signature Pokémon." he said. "Take a good look at the X on your chest. It is the exact same shape and color of the cross on the face of Metagross, the fully evolved form of my Metang here. All the higher-ups of Team Neos have a member of this line in one of its evolutionary stages."

"Then why do you have one?" inquired the male grunt.

"Oh my! I have a Pokémon that could associate me with Team Neos! Where ever did I get it?" the stranger mocked sarcastically. "Figure it out for yourselves." said this time more seriously. "Now I'm a fair man, you get first move."

"Big mistake! Use Acid Arbok!" commanded the leader. The Cobra Pokémon turned its head to the sky and forced a huge lump up its throat into its mouth. It then flung its head forward simultaneously opening its mouth to fling a purplish black blob at Metang. The Iron Claw Pokémon effortlessly moved to the side letting the acid land on the ground where it started sizzling.

"Pathetic. Metang! Bullet Punch!" called the outlander. Metang floated over to Arbok and began a rapid fire assault all across the snake's hood. The final punch was aimed at the jaw.

"Now Arbok! Crunch!" ordered its trainer.

"Iron Defense!" called the other trainer. Arbok did as told but its fangs were unable to penetrate Metang's hardened body, now sheening with a fresh coat of metal. "And Metal Claw." Metang's claws became harder and it swiped them across Arbok's face. The cobra hissed in pain at the bleeding slash marks going down its head. The Pokémon was lucky Metang had missed its eyes or it wuldn't have them anymore.

"You fucking bastard! Look what you did to my Arbok!" barked the grunt leader.

"Wah wah." mocked the stranger. "Get over it and show me a goods fight. I'm bored."

"How dare you! I'll make you pay! Arbok! Use Poison Fang on the trainer!" commanded the leader. Typical of the Neos, attack the trainer, the one giving the commands. Without them the Pokémon fighting won't have anyone to tell them what to do, they'd be lost. But not this time.

"Metang! Psychic!" he called at the last possible second. Before the serpent could clamp down, it was enveloped in a blue glow and flung through the air, landing hard on the ground knocking it unconscious. "Next."

"Bastard! I'm out." the leader said angrily.

"Don't worry, we'll take it from here." said the male coming forward with the female at his side. They both sent out their respective Pokémon. From the male came a pile of purple sludge with small white eyes and a large gapping mouth. The female produced siamese purple balls covered in vents releasing toxic fumes. On the larger orb was a skull and cross bone and two large tusks. The smaller orb had just a circle on it and small fangs.

"Don't you think two against one is a little unfair?" commented the outlander. He didn't care about the odds one bit, he just felt like throwing it out there.

"Then team up with your friend." said the female pointing to the shorter of the two, who had been sitting on the sidelines this whole time.

"Him!? You want to fight him? *sigh* Your funeral. Axel! Time to play!" With that the shorter one grabbed the sides of his hood and pulled it back releasing a long flaming mane. He threw off the gloves, kicked off the boots, and unzipped his coat letting it fall to the ground revealing a torso covered in white fur and gold armor on the shoulder chest knees and hands. Unusual for his species, the Infernape had gold fur instead of brown or even red like the shiny variation. Axel unwrapped his tail from around his waist and stretched out his limbs.

"You're so lucky it stopped raining." said the Pokémon, though only his trainer understood him. The townspeople stared in awe at the discolored Infernape.

"That's not possible! Why did that Infernape have to be gold?" said the male grunt in terror.

"Who cares! We'll kill the trainer and steal it!" declared the leader in excitement at the potential rewards he could get for such a rare Pokémon.

"No! You don't understand! I've heard rumors about a trainer with a golden Infernape. They say he's a demon! We have to cut our losses now and leave while we're still alive!" pleaded the grunt. This earned him a punch to the face by his leader.

"Ass! You have him out numbered. Gang up on him, kill the trainer, do whatever it takes to win!" demanded the leader.

"Except you're wrong." said the stranger returning his Metang to its Pokeball in flash of red light. "Those rumors are true. Axel here can hold his own against the best. Against low class grunts like yourselves he could beat all three of you blindfolded without me giving a single command." boasted the trainer.

"You lie!" challenged the female grunt. "Use Sludge Weezing!"

"You too Muk!" ordered the male. Muk flicked a piece of its own body at Axel, while Weezing spit a glob of the thick purple poison. Axel avoided the attacks with a double back flip.

"Axel, show them Combo 17." suggested the cloaked one.

"With pleasure." the Flame Pokémon agreed. He rushed toward his poison type opponents and jumped it the air delivering a Fire Punch to Muk's head, then spinning a Blaze kick into Weezing's larger face. The monkey then pushed back and fired a Flamethrower turning his head from side to side enveloping both his opponents. The flames mixed with Weezing's combustible gases causing the Poison Gas Pokémon to violently explode. The resulting explosion combined with Axel's previous assault also left Muk out of commission. The three Neos grunts were at a loss for words at this brutal display of power.

"I knew it! You're him!" said the male grunt. The cloaked one pulled back his hood revealing his spiky black hair. However his most startling trait was his crimson red eyes with vertical pupils instead of the normal round.

"That's right. I am Brian." he said with a grin revealing his fangs. "Now make good on your promise. You lost so be gone." Brian said waving his right arm in the direction of the Dark Forest.

"No chance!" shouted the leader pulling a gun from his belt. In an instant Brian was standing next to the leader with his hand on the grunt's wrist. He thrust his free palm into the grunts elbow causing it to shatter and bend the arm in an unnatural direction causing the leader to cry out in agony. Brian took the gun from him, emptied the bullets, and with some effort broke the fire arm in half.

"What the hell are you?" asked the female grunt in horror. Brian shifted on of his red eyes in her direction causing her to take a step back in fear.

"I believe your ally said this earlier. I'm a demon." He said with a malicious grin and licking his fangs. "Now get the fuck out of this town before I have to break every bone in your body, rip you limb from limb, or have Axel burn you alive. And remember, not a word to anyone. If I find out you squealed, well…" he squeezed the fallen grunt's arm causing him to cry out again. "You get the idea. Now go!" The male and female nodded and helped their leader to his feet before fleeing back into the forest. Brian shot Axel a glance telling the Infernape something. The monkey nodded in compliance and fired three Embers at the grunts, just enough to scare them a bit.

"I've heard about you too. You're one of them aren't you?" inquired on of the townsfolk.

"If you mean an Akatsuki, then yes, I was. But I dropped out, I left Team Neos." Brian said bitterly.

"Why would Neos scum get a sudden case of morality?" asked another.

"It's complex. Perhaps I should start at the beginning." he responded.

And so begins my tale…

This is amazing!!!
The plot sounds interesting and your writing style is really good! :D
I hope you continue to write more to feed my curiosity ^^

Psycho Monkey

I'm glad you guys like it so far. I intend to keep writing, it would be cruel just to leave you with this :p.

As for plot details you'll just have to wait ;).

Oh wow, that was god damn amazing, I can't wait for more! I want more! This is so amazing, I wouldve never guessed he was an Akatsuki, youve got me hooked!

I knew you'd write a fic sooner or later, P_M. It is INCREDIBLE.

KEEP UP GOOD WORK...[size=1pt]or die![/size]

That was very fun, though I have to ask, were you influenced by Naruto a bit?
The background information in the first post was quite useful as well, it's good to know that the evil corporations have a plan that goes beyond just capturing Legendaries (though I would find it incredibly amusing if the myths surrounding the Lengendaries turned out to be just that).

P.S. Everyone loves heterochromia :)

Psycho Monkey

Heterochromia is definately the sexiest trait an individual can posses. But to answer your question, I was not influenced by Naruto. Akatsuki is Japanese for dawn so I figured this group of hybrids would be the "dawn of a new era" as I said.

But enough about that, here's more.

[size=14pt]Volume 1: Remembrance[/size]

Chapter 1: When It All Began

I could probably describe the chain of events leading to my involvement with Team Neos beginning in December 2007. Back then I still had blue eyes and could still be considered human. I don't remember the exact date, but I was in Snowpoint City, Sinnoh at the time waiting for a boat. It was freezing cold outside so Axel and I did what we do best to keep warm…

"Prepare yourself!" I shouted lunging at my Infernape with my hands pointed so that I would jab him with my fingertips. Axel dodged my first two strikes but I was able to get him with a surprise kick. Before I could pull my leg away, Axel grabbed my shin in both arms and threw me to the ground where I made a crunch in the newly fallen snow. The Flame Pokémon lifted his leg for a stomp but I rolled to the side and got back up to my feet. After wiping some snow off my black long-sleeved shirt, I took the Repulse the Monkey stance with my left arm outward and my right arm closer to my body. My legs were spread so that my left foot was in front and my right leg in the back. Although Axel knows this stance, he still came at me with a punch. Fool. I grabbed his punching arm in my outstretched left hand, took a step back on my left foot while pulling the monkey in, and did a palm strike to his chest with my free hand. To my surprise Axel used the momentum to lift his legs off the ground and kick me in the chest with both causing us both to land in the snow.

"Not bad." I said at last. "You really surprised me with that last move." I complemented.

"Well I had to do something to counter Repulse the Monkey. Why do you insist on that move anyway?" he asked.

"Because you're a monkey." I said straightforwardly.

"Touché." Axel responded.

"Come. We have a boat to catch." I said getting up. It wasn't a long walk back to Snowpoint City from Acuity Lakefront where we had been sparring, but I didn't want to miss the boat. It was a lot faster and safer getting to Veilstone City in this manner than travelling through Mt. Coronet in the dead of winter. I didn't want to find out the hard way that the legend ‘Articuno appears to doomed people in the frozen mountains' is true. I got to the dock and presented my ticket to the sailor standing guard at the ramp.

"Have a nice trip." was all he had to say. I stood on the deck and leaned against a railing to watch the shore. After about ten minutes the ramp was pulled away and the ship started moving. There was a crackle at the speaker.

"This is your captain speaking." came an old but strong voice. "We will be arriving in Veilstone City in about a week so make yourselves comfortable. I hope you enjoy your stay." The speakers went silent after another crackle.

"WAAAAAHHHH!!!!" cried a little girl. Based on her small height, my guess is she's age 12 or 13. "This isn't the boat to the Resort Area!? I wanted to go to the Ribbon Syndicate!" she wailed.

"Pipe down!" bellowed a brawny sailor. "It's too late to turn around now, so you'll have to make due with what you've got. I think we should battle if you got Pokémon." The girl stuck her tongue out at the sailor with a childish ‘mmnn' sound.

"My Pokémon are only for show, not battle." she said. If she won't then I will. I love the thrill of battle.

"I'll battle you." I said stepping forward. The sailor turned his thick head to me. He looked me and Axel over to see if we were worth his time before getting a sly grin on his face. I guess we passed.

"Sure, I'll take you on. I think I could have some fun with you boy." he said pulling out a red and white sphere. From it came a tall pink Pokémon with a scaly tan belly, a stupid look on its tan face, and a large grey spiked shell for a tail.

"Uhuh! No way am I fighting a Slowbro. Pick someone else." declared Axel. I couldn't really blame him. Slowbro can best both Fire and Fighting Types one way or another. No matter, I had a better idea on who I was using. I readied a GreatBall and sent out the Snover I caught last week. The Pokémon looked like a snow covered evergreen with its legs a wood brown color, tree green hands and tail, and a bright white head. The moment he appeared, the clear sky was covered in white clouds. At the same time clumps of ice began falling from the sky.

"Start us off with Mist Snover!" I called. The Frost Tree Pokémon stretched out his hands pulling together the water vapor in the already cold air to create a fine mist around himself and Slowbro.

"Dammit, I can't see anything!" complained the sailor. "Slowbro! Hit it with Water Gun!" Slowbro looked to the side like it was distracted; then a gear must have turned in its head because it decided to comply with its trainer's command. Slowbro opened its mouth wide shooting a powerful stream of water at Snover, who just shook the attack off as a refreshing bath. A golf ball sized chunk of ice fell from the sky and hit Slowbro in the head. The Hermit Crab Pokémon didn't even seem to notice.

"Never mind that. Snover! Razor Leaf!" Several blade edged leaves fell from the cone on Snover's head and made their way toward Slowbro. Slowbro put its hands over its head crying out in pain having finally noticed the strike from hail. It then crossed its arms infront of itself to block the leaves that were no longer coming. I couldn't help but to laugh at this situation. Another chunk of hail hit Slowbro, this one smaller than before.

"He's makin' a fool of you Slowbro! Teach ‘im a lesson with Headbutt!" ordered the sailor. Slowbro lumbered over to Snover and smashed his head into the Frost Tree Pokémon's. Once again Slowbro had a delayed reaction to the hail strike.

"Now Snover! Powder Snow!" I called. Snover waved his arms and summoned the hail storm into a steady blast at the Hermit Crab Pokémon freezing it solid. "Looks like the battle's over. If you don't have an Ice Heal for Slowbro, you can use one of mine." I offered.

"No thank you. I'll take care of this myself. I don't need your pity." he said bitterly. The sailor called back his popsicle Pokémon and went inside the ship. I hope Slowbro'll be alright. Suddenly I heard clapping and cheering all around me. I guess our battle drew some attention. As usual I was too focused to notice the crowd.

"Yeah Onii-chan!" cheered the little girl from earlier. What the hell? Onii-chan?
----------------------------

Yes, Volume 1 will be a bit of flashback. A little backstory on the protagonist never hurt right?

Well that is what you get from challanging a-to-be-Akatsuki! Better luck next time (loser)!

Nice chapter! I wanna know how he became an Akatsuki!

Psycho Monkey, I am so sorry I haven't had the time to read this fic! It is good, and the whole concept of Akatsuki is amazing! Like Pokemorphs, but better.

Awesome Psycho. I knew Brian and Axel were in this somewhere, but never an Akatsuki. Anyways, I love all of your writing so far. Moar!

Psycho Monkey

Sorry for the delay
I've just had a busy day
Not without further adue
I give you chapter two
(This is why I don't write poetry :p)

Chapter 2: Onii-chan

"You were great Onii-chan!" the girl squealed glomping me. Ok, why is this girl calling me Onii-chan? I don't know her, she doesn't know me, I'm getting hugged, this is weird, I'm gonna stop ranting now…

I pried my arms free of this kid's grip and pulled her off of me. "Why are you hugging me and calling me Onii-chan?" I inquired. The girl looked up at me with her enormous brown eyes. The top of head only came half way up my chest.

"Wow! You're so much taller up close." she said getting on her tippy-toes and stretching her arm to the tip of my spiky hair. "*squee* And look at your Infernape! I've never seen this color before, and I've lived in Sinnoh my whole life!"

"Yeah, he's a freak of nature like me. Now could you please answer my question?" I begged even putting my hands together.

"Oh, sorry. It's because I'm a really, really, really, [about 10 more reallys later] big fan of yours. Your battle just now was really, really, [not this again] amazing!" she said excitedly. I raised an eyebrow at this comment. I think I'm confused, but I'm too confused to notice.

"Brian's got a stalker! Brian's got a stalker!" Axel taunted while dancing around like a fool with his hands on his hips and his legs going every which way.

"She's not a stalker." I told him. Then I turned to her. "You're not a stalker are you?" I asked in a worried tone. She gave me a strange look.

"Did Onii-chan just talk to his Infernape?" she asked. Does this girl have ADD or something? "And how can I be a stalker if I just met Onii-chan?"

"That's what I thought. And yes, I did just talk to Axel. He and I understand eachother perfectly after travelling together for so long. Back on the more pressing issue, how are you a fangirl if you don't even know me?"

"Because Onii-chan defended me from the meany sailor and I really, really, [definitely ADD] appreciate it!" she said in almost one breath. I shook my head.

"You realize that sailors are grumpy 90% of the time and always looking for a fight with anyone that rubs them the wrong way? All I did was give the guy what he wanted; helping a youngling just happened to be a coincidence." I explained.

"I'm not a youngling! I'll have Onii-chan know that I'm fifteen!" she shouted. No way! Someone this small is actually three years younger than me? I know girls are usually shorter than guys, but damn! She's totally puny!

"First off, quit calling me Onii-chan, it's annoying. The name's Brian, and as I already said, that crazy monkey over there is Axel." I introduced. "Yo!" Axel interrupted waving. "Secondly, I'm eighteen so you're still a youngling in my book."

"I'm Madison, but Onii-chan can call me Madi-kun." she said cheerfully with complete disregard with what I just said. I closed my eyes and reached my right hand to my left waist and drew an invisible nonexistent katana. I swerved my wrist so that the would-be blade faced my chest followed by me slamming my fist into myself. Note to self: obtain a real sword.

I took a deep breath to prepare for what had to be done. "Madison, I'm only going to say this once so clean out your ears and pay attention." I said calmly. "Enough with the Onii-crap! B-R-I-A-N! Pronounced Bry-en! If you must address me, call me by that name! No fancy titles or nicknames, got it?" I said not so calmly. More like boarder line rip your throat out. Dammit all, she's starting to cry.

"You don't have to be so mean about it!" she cried before running off. I sighed. Maybe I was a bit over the top, but I can only be pushed so far with annoyance. Great, now I have to apologize. I hate apologizing. Worst part is now I have to find her. Let's see, if I was a pissed off teenage girl, where would I be?

"I've got it!" I said out loud snapping my fingers. "In my room eating a tub of ice cream while watching a chick flick." I refuse to acknowledge where that information came from. "Come Axel. We must find Madison and *shudders* apologize."

Finding her room was probably the hardest part. It's like finding a needle in a haystack or as Axel said that was rather creepy, "A Skitty on a Wailord." I went down to the kitchen to ask if they had given any ice cream to a small girl with pink bangs in the past half hour, but alas. If this search keeps up, I'll probably loose what little sanity I actually posses. Well I do have a week before the ship gets to Veilstone, I'm sure I'll run into her by then. If not, meh, I'm sure I've pissed off other people in my years as a trainer.

Now my search shifted to finding my room. A hell of a lot easier considering the room number was written on my ticket. On my way I saw two guys dressed in grey wearing mid-shin high boots, hakama pants, gloves, and long sleeved shirt with a hood on it. On their chest was a silver X with red dots in the upper cross, grey dots in the lower cross and blue dots between the two crosses. They had some random guy pinned against a wall.

"We know you're with Team Galactic, so why don't you spill it already. What are you doing on this ship?" one of them asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I've never done anything wrong. I'm innocent, I swear." the guy pleaded in a shaky voice. "Hey! You! You've gotta help me, please!" he begged when he saw me walk by.

"You'd best keep walking, boy." warned the other hooded figure. I turned to look him in the eye.

"I can't do that." I said defiantly. "You're blocking my room. Take it somewhere else."

"Hmph. Smart move. Allow us to get out of your way then." said the first one. He grabbed the so called Galactic and dragged him down the hall kicking and screaming. Whether the guy was with Team Galactic or not, it wasn't my place to get involved. Before I could swipe the ticket through the card slot on the door handle, the door across the hall opened. Coming out was none other than Madison.

"Madison, Brian has something he wants to say to you!" blurted Axel.

"She can't understand a word you're saying nimrod!" I scolded. Our bickering did manage to get her attention.

"Onii- I mean Brian. What are you doing here?" she asked indifferently looking away.

"Dis is my room." I responded stupidly pointing behind me.

"Well if that's all, then I'm getting more ice cream." she said turning down the hall.

"Wait!" I called. "I'm s-s-si-ar-ar-eeeeeee." Madison looked at me in confusion. Ok, let's try this again. "We're sorry!" I said quick enough to get it out of my mouth but tangible enough to be understood. I drove the point across by bowing.

"I'll forgive you on one condition." Madison said sternly while pointing at me. "Please train me!" she said almost as quickly as I apologized if not quicker while putting her hands together. "What?" I asked. "You are such an amazing and powerful trainer. I completely suck. I want to participate in contests and win ribbons, but because my Pokémon are so weak, they don't know many moves. As they get stronger they'll learn more moves giving me more variety and combinations to pick from." Madison explained.

"Fine. It's not like I have anything better to do for the next seven days. We start first thing tomorrow." I said.

"Yes Onii-sensei!" she cheered saluting me. *sigh* What have I gotten myself into now?
-----------------------

You've got questions, I've got answers. When those questions get answered is up to me though ;)

Before the questions come the quotes
"I've got it!" I said out loud snapping my fingers. "In my room eating a tub of ice cream while watching a chick flick." I refuse to acknowledge where that information came from. "Come Axel. We must find Madison and *shudders* apologize."
AND
Finding her room was probably the hardest part. It's like finding a needle in a haystack or as Axel said that was rather creepy, "A Skitty on a Wailord."
XD that's all I can say for that...other than HSOWA!!

questions....hmm....I'll let others ask first. I'm still thinkin :p

Wow. I was laughing so hard through this thing my spine cracked. Thanks Psycho! :) Honestly, if someone said "Really" to Chibi that many times she'd either a.) Flee or b.) Turn to her Vulpix and plead her to use a Flamethrower to put her out of her misery

And question: How does Axel know about HSOWA?

Haven't you seen the posters all 'round Sinnoh? (well... ah...)?

Nice, just what Brian needs. Uber annoying girl wanting someone to train her. OR IS SHE WORKING FOR TEAM NEOS? *wonders*

Psycho Monkey

Nah, she's not with Neos. Just a girl with a serious case of ADD and sugar over-dose.

As for Axel he once found the Pokemon version of Playboy and HSOWA was in it. The centerfold was a Loppunny ::)

*died of laughter*

Dude, this is awesome xD. I rofl'd to death with Brian's Chick-Flick knowledge.

I came into this fic thinking it'd be corny (what with the Team Neos thing) but it's not, at all.

Psycho Monkey

The magizine was called PlayPoke. The December issue almost tramatized me because it showed what is really under a Jynx's 'dress' 0_o

Chapter 3: Those Who Can't Teach

"Madison. Oh Madison. Wakey, wakey." I cooed over her sleeping body the following morning. She made no response, not even a yawn. An evil grin came across my face. "This is going to amuse me a lot more than it will amuse you." I said pulling a Pokeball from my side. Coming out of the ball was an orange furred otter Pokémon with two tails and a flotation ring around its neck.

"Buizel. Water Gun." I said pointing to the sleeping girl. Buizel did as told spewing a stream of water at Madison.

"WAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!" she screamed when the cold water hit her. I put my left hand to my mouth trying to contain my laughter. Ah, sweet revenge. Madison looked around in a panic trying to figure out what just happened. She saw me, Axel, and Buizel, then realizing she was soaked, and put 2 and 2 together. "Did you do this Onii-sensei?" she asked angrily while water dripped from her short brown hair and pink bangs.

"Yup!" I said proudly. "You wanted me to train you, so we're doing it on my terms. I wasn't about to let you sleep away your first day." Madison looked over at the clock sitting on the stand next to her wet bed.

"WAAAAAHH!!!" she screamed noticing it read 6:10am. "Are you serious? The sun isn't even awake yet." she complained.

"Six is a good time to wake up. It gives you a good two hours for each Pokémon, along with ample time for rest and food." I said pacing across the floor with my arms crossed. Then I turned to face my trainee. "Now unless you want hypothermia, I suggest you get changed and dried off. No use going back to sleep in that wet bed. Meet me outside your door in five minutes. I'm sending Axel in if you're late." I called back Buizel and walked out of the room with Axel. Once the door was closed, I started laughing unable to contain it any more.

Exactly five minutes later Madison came out wearing what could easily be considered a purple Sailor Moon cosplay. The skirt was short enough that I could see the black (or maybe just a dark color) bike shorts underneath. At least she has some decency. I led her to the deck of the ship to take advantage of the open space. "Now, show me what I'm working with." I told her when we got outside. Immediately I regretted coming out because of how cold it was.

"Yes Onii-sensei!" Madison said enthusiastically pulling out six Pokeballs covered in stickers. Released from them came a Mime Jr., a Mantyke, a Pachirisu, a Buneary, a Cherubi, and a Cherim. I scanned the new comers with my Pokedex to gage their strength. Madison was right, they are pretty weak, and yet they all have diverse and higher leveled move sets already. All except Cherim that is. So says she, her parents are breeders and that Cherim was theirs as well as the mother of Cherubi. All her other Pokémon are the result of breeding, hence their already decent move sets.

"Ok, this is how we're going to work this." I pulled a piece of paper conveniently located in my pocket along with a conveniently found pen. I began doodling up a little chart and passed it to Madison. "This is today's schedule and sparring matches." I said.

"What do you mean no breakfast until 8:00!? And what are all these names?" she complained. I snatched the paper back and overlooked it again.

"These are the names of your Pokémon, Fool." I said giving the list back.

"No they're not." Madison insisted.

I pointed to the pink clown looking Pokémon. "Mime Jr."

"Mimi." she said like she was correcting me. I cocked my eyebrow.

"Mantyke." I said moving my finger down the line.

"Maki."

"Pachirisu."

"Chuchu."

"Buneary."

"Fluffy."

"Cherubi."

"Ichi."

"Cherim." I said almost out of breath. What nickname did see give this one I wonder?

"Well ok, that's what Mommy and Daddy named her." she admit. *face palm*

"Holy shit, she's stupid." Axel said in complete disbelief. I shook my head with my hand over my eyes.

"Are you feeling alright Onii-sensei?" Madison inquired bending sideways looking up at me with her arms crossed behind her back.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said regaining my composure. "I just didn't realize how much of a pain this would be." Emphasis on ‘pain'. I revised the names on the schedule so my seemingly brain-dead apprentice could understand it. "First sparring match will be against Fluffy and Chuchu. Begin!" I declared.

"Question!" Madison shouted raising her hand. "Why do my Pokémon have to fight eachother?"

"Because mine are too strong, they'd rape the shit out of yours." I said bluntly.

"Aaaahhhhhhh!! Naughty words!" she screamed holding her ears. Shameful.

"Are you sure you're fifteen? Regardless, if your Pokémon spar with eachother, then you can get more accomplished in a shorter period of time. What you do is have one act like a wild Pokémon to build independence, while you give commands to the other like you normally would. After awhile, you'd switch off to give each Pokémon equal time." I explained. "And go!"

"Chuchu! A- Umm… Use… hmmm…" Madison stared at her Pokémon like she was thinking.

"Too slow! Use Pound Fluffy!" I commanded. The Buneary reluctantly did as told by smacking its fist into Chuchu.

"Hey! I wasn't ready! And besides, you said Fluffy was going to be wild! Why did you take command?" Madison complained.

"Because you were slow. You must be able to make split second decisions in combat, no time to think. A Pokémon is only as strong as its trainer, and you are weak." I said lowering my voice. "Those words I have lived by since I first became a trainer, and it will be those words that you will live by. You, Madison, must become stronger. Only then will your Pokémon be able to reach their full potential. Understood?"

"Yes Onii-sensei!" Madison said saluting me.

"Enough with the Onii-crap already. Anyway, get back to training." I said leaning back against the wall next to the door leading to the inner ship. Watching Madison battle I've got to say, she's a pretty smart fighter and a good listener to what I tell her.

"Onii-sensei! What happened to Fluffy?" she cried. Did I say good listener? I meant selective hearing. >_>

"Relax, she's only fainted. Consider it a nap when Pokémon can't battle anymore." I explained. "Take a break, now is time to feed."

Psycho Monkey said:
"Because mine are too strong, they'd rape the shit out of yours." I said bluntly.

Ah, wonderful to see real life and the PokeWorld mixing. I can imagine the characters from the anime doing something similar.

A nice, short little chapter. However, I must comment on one thing: you used a smilie. Simile's in stories out of quoting context (e.g. texts) makes me want to hurt emos. Please no more smilies, emos are becoming surprisingly hard to come by.

I totally agree with Tatile and Secad XD
One more thing
I pointed to the pink clown looking Pokémon. "Mime Jr."

"Mimi." she said like she was correcting me. I cocked my eyebrow.

"Mantyke." I said moving my finger down the line.

"Maki."

"Pachirisu."

"Chuchu."

"Buneary."

"Fluffy."

"Cherubi."

"Ichi."

"Cherim." I said almost out of breath. What nickname did see give this one I wonder?

"Well ok, that's what Mommy and Daddy named her." she admit. *face palm*
ichi? Fluffy? I feel sorry for the pokemon. I'm sure they'd rather be called by their species name XD
keep up the awesome work ;D

Hey! My spine popped again! :D

Honestly, Madison id DUMB. I wonder how Brian puts up with it. Go on with more awesomeness and hilariousness.

Psycho Monkey

A nice, short little chapter. However, I must comment on one thing: you used a smilie. Simile's in stories out of quoting context (e.g. texts) makes me want to hurt emos. Please no more smilies, emos are becoming surprisingly hard to come by.

Sorry about that. There just aren't enough words in the English language (that I'm aware of anyway) that can convey the rediculous faces these people make in my head.

ichi? Fluffy? I feel sorry for the pokemon. I'm sure they'd rather be called by their species name XD
keep up the awesome work ;D

I know. Ichi was originally going to be Ichigo, but that means Strawberry, not cherry :p. Then again, that could have made for an awesome joke.

Hey! My spine popped again! :D

Honestly, Madison id DUMB. I wonder how Brian puts up with it.

The only reason he puts up with it is because he hates making little girls cry and telling her to leave him alone would do just that.

Go on with more awesomeness and hilariousness.

If next chapter doesn't break your back nothing will. :D

My back is very durable obviously. Besdes, its popping. Now get on with it before I get angry. And you don't like Chibi angry. >:D

Psycho Monkey

Then I won't anger Chibi. I was hoping to finish this mini-arc by now, but meh. Character developement works too. Enjoy!

Chapter 4: One Week of Stupidity

I kicked back and laid in my bed with my hands behind my head. The first day with Madison was finally over. Despite being her first time, she did exactly as I told her and her performance was spectacular. Aw I hope no one takes that sentence out of context. I meant her training.

Before I had a chance to settle in for bed there was a knock at my door. What now? I jumped out of bed and walked over to the door. There in the doorway stood the girl who has potentially shaved a year or two off my life with her annoyance wearing fuchsia pajamas.

"Onii-chan can I sleep with you?" Madison asked. My eyes were wide and twitching at the same time if that's even possible. I think I even swallowed my tongue.

"What!?" I questioned in a deep throaty voice, the result of having just swallowed my tongue and my throat collapsing.

"My bed is still wet from this morning, so can I?" she persisted. I sighed and backed away from the doorway inviting her in. It was my fault her bed was wet after all.

"Aside from teaching you the ways of Pokémon training it seems I must also teach you the ways of men as well." I said. "Never, I'll repeat, never knock on a man's door and ask to sleep with him. It doesn't matter who it is, don't do it. In the world of adults that could be taken the wrong way. That goes double if it's night or the guy's birthday. Just… no." I explained. "You're lucky on two counts, my birthday is February 6th, and you're too young for me."

"I don't understand." Madison said in confusion.

"Well I ain't going in any more detail. Just don't do that again m'kay." I said grabbing my backpack and tapping the sleeping Axel with my foot to get his attention. "You can have my bed, we'll sleep on the floor of your room. Sharing a room is where I draw the line." I walked down the hall and claimed the floor under the alarm clock.
--------------------

"It's time for your training Madison." I said standing over her bed again the next morning. Like yesterday she wasn't getting up. I wasn't about to soak this bed, but I'm a monkey with many tricks. "Axel, you grab the top I'll grab the bottom." I said. We stood at our ends of the bed and put out hands under the mattress. "On three. THREE!" Together we flipped the mattress and Madison, on the floor.

"Onii-sensei that isn't funny!" Madison screamed crawling out from under the mattress.

"Then stop sleeping in and wake up when I tell you to." I scolded. Actually I hope she sleeps in everyday, this is fun. "Anyway, I was doing some thinking last night after we traded rooms and I decided your Pokémon aren't the only ones who need some training." I said pulling out a Pokeball. "Meet Riolu!" A small blue Pokémon with a dog like face, black legs, a black stripe going across his red eyes ending off in weird ear-like appendages, and metal plates on the back of his hands appeared in a red flash of light.

Madison's face immediately lit up. "He's so cute!" she squealed running over to Riolu to give him a hug.

"NO!" Axel and I shouted in unison. I wrapped my hands tightly around Madison's waist while Axel picked up the small Pokémon. "Riolu is only a few weeks old and is still very defensive. When Riolu first hatched, I went over to introduce myself to him. I almost lost the ability to have offspring after a single punch. Axel hit him with a Mach Punch and Riolu was able to endure the hit. Right now Axel and I are the only one Riolu respects or trusts because we defeated him. Let him get used to you before you get yourself hurt." I explained.

"Umm Onii-chan. Can you put me down?" Madison asked. I hadn't noticed before, but the girl's feet were several inches off the ground. "Damn you're light." I said lowering her. Axel did the same with Riolu who looked more confused than pissed off.

Training commenced as it did the day before, only this time Riolu was added to the mix so that he could get some combat experience as well. Although the youngest one in the group, Riolu managed to hold his own surprisingly well. His exceptional speed and strength allowed him to defeat Maki, but Mimi was able to take out the Emanation Pokémon. I had to explain to the disappointed little warrior that losing is all part of getting stronger. Plus being so young his abilities weren't fully developed yet.
----------------------

I was woken up with a violent kick to the ribs. "Onii-sensei! Oni-sensei! Come on, after all those times of meanly waking me up, here you are sleeping!" Madison whined crouching next to my sleeping bag. I opened my right eye and glared at her.

"Do you realize we'll be in Veilstone Harbor in-" I sat up and looked at the clock. It read 6:22am. "six or seven hours." I continued. "I told you last night, your training's over. Take today off or continue what I taught you it's up to you. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going back to sleep." I said laying back down on my pillow on the floor. I never bothered seeing if the bed ever dried, nor did Madison and I switch our rooms back.

"I know that, I know that! But Onii-sensei needs to come outside! Quickly, quickly!" she cheered like a kid on Christmas. I grumbled and sat up again.

"Fine, but you're going to have to step outside. You may have noticed I'm not wearing a shirt right now. I'm not wearing anything else under this sleeping bag either, so unless you want your virgin mind scarred for life, get the hell out." I said pointing to the door. Madison's brown eyes widened to a larger size than they already were and her face turned bright red. She quickly ran outside and closed the door behind her.

"You liar. You've still got your boxers on." Axel laughed before I even crawled out of my sleeping bag. He knew me too well. "Meh." was all I responded with as I starting to get dressed.

"What did you want Madison?" I inquired walking out of the room with my Infenape.

"Outside! Outside! Quickly Onii-sensei!" she said in excitement grabbing me by the arm and dragging me on the deck which was covered in a thin layer of white. Snowflakes fell from the sky melting on contact with my warm body. "It's snowing!" the young girl squealed gleefully. I've gotta admit, it was pretty cool. I hate the cold with a passion, but snow was something I could tolerate. It actually felt warmer when it snowed because the light reflected off the white substance. I started laughing when Madison laid on the deck and began making snow angels. Sweet relaxation.
-----------------------

Madison seemed to disappear after breakfast. She was kind of acting funny, I wonder what was up.

"Onii-chan!" Well so much for peace and quiet. She came walking up to me with her arms behind her back like she was hiding something. How suspicious.

"Watch out, it's a wedding ring!" Axel teased.

"If it is, burn me alive. Then run like hell." I told. Now my apprentice stood in front of me with her hands still behind her back.

"Whacha hiding?" I asked innocently.

"Well I wanted to thank you for training me so please take this as a token of my appreciation." she said producing a grey disc. She held it in front of her waiting for me to take it. I reached out and took it. The disc was inscribed with the number 10. "That's TM10 Hidden Power." said Madison. Wait a minute! She had TMs all this time that she could have used to supplement her Pokémon's moves with? You know what, I'm not even going to ask. If I knew the answer I'd probably throw myself off the side of the ship.

"You look concerned Onii-chan. Don't worry, you can have it. I have fifty TMs anyway, one less isn't going to hurt." she said completely unaware of what she had just done. I am a man of my word.

"If you need me, I'm jumping overboard." I said flatly turning to go outside. I walked over the snow covered deck and leaned against a railing.

"You wouldn't!" Axel yelled in disbelief. I turned to the golden monkey with a ‘you have got to be kidding me' look.

"How long have you known me, Axel? I'm not emo, I just wanted some fresh air and to enjoy the view." I said. I looked back over the edge and saw what looked like a human body float past. "SHIT!" I screamed falling on my ass.

"Brian! You ok?" my Infernape asked pulling me back to my feet. I looked down the side of the boat where the body had presumable come from. Standing over the edge were the guys dressed in grey from before. It didn't take long for me to piece together that the body that just floated past was the "Galactic" they were harassing that day. My heart felt like it was about to pop out of my chest. Then came the worst part, they saw me and came running over.

When Riolu first hatched, I went over to introduce myself to him. I almost lost the ability to have offspring after a single punch

"Fine, but you're going to have to step outside. You may have noticed I'm not wearing a shirt right now. I'm not wearing anything else under this sleeping bag either, so unless you want your virgin mind scarred for life, get the hell out."

"Watch out, it's a wedding ring!" Axel teased.

"If it is, burn me alive. Then run like hell." I told. Now my apprentice stood in front of me with her hands still behind her back.

"If you need me, I'm jumping overboard." I said flatly turning to go outside.

My parents must think I'm crazy, for each time I read those I covered my mouth and laughed so hard that I got a brief 10 second headache. Moarmoarmoarlet'sseethosetwoguysgettheirasseskickedmoarmoar.

Yay for totally freaking Madision with the phrases that Chibi has already shown! I almost died at the second one from laughing!

Yes! Income Neos! Kick their ass Brian!

one more quote to add
"Onii-chan can I sleep with you?" Madison asked. My eyes were wide and twitching at the same time if that's even possible. I think I even swallowed my tongue.
I swear I fell outta my chair when I read that XD
one question for Brian, when's the wedding? :p

Psycho Monkey

one more quote to addI swear I fell outta my chair when I read that XD
one question for Brian, when's the wedding? :p

Wedding? When Brian's paralyzed from the neck down and has lost the ability to speak so there is no hope of fighting back ;)

Now then, let's darken this comedy a bit.

Chapter 5: Team Neos

"What did you see? What did you see!?" one of the hooded men interrogated. I was unable to answer, still in shock from the dead body I had seen float past. "Answer dammit!" he barked punching me in the face sending me to the ground.

"You'll pay for that!" Axel said furiously getting in fight position.

"Stand down Axel." I ordered calmly. I got back on my feet wiping my mouth with the back of my gloved hand. There wasn't any noticeable blood on the black fabric. Yet anyway. I turned to face my attackers. "The correct answer to your question, the one you want to hear, is ‘Nothing. Nothing at all.' Or if you guys are more into scare tactics ‘N-nu-nothin' suh.' But I find the truth to be the more interesting route, so I'm gonna have to say that I saw the dead body of the guy you were using as a punching bag the other day float by the ship just now." I said in spiteful sarcasm.

"You should have just lied." The other guy said venomously. "Then we wouldn't have to kill you. Break his bones Tauros!" he commanded sending out a 200lb bull covered in unkempt brown hair with three whip-like tails and horns that could pierce bone. The bull gave an angry moo, the air coming out of his nostrils and mouth turned to steam in the cold winter's air.

"Rip his flesh Feraligatr!" the other joined in releasing a hulking blue reptile with plates running up its arms, knees, and tail. Three giant three pronged spikes ran down the crocodilian's back. The beast opened its mouth with a roar showing off row upon row of sharp jagged teeth that could tear flesh from bone. Its savage yellow eyes stared us down like we were prey.

"What lovely commands you give when you summon your Pokémon." I said sarcastically. "Now let me try. Kick there asses Axel." The Infernape walked between me and the enemy Pokémon cracking his knuckles. And to back Axel up I'll use-

"Onii-chan!" No, not Onii-chan. Wait! Woah! I turned around to see you know who coming at me.

"Madison, get the hell out of here! NOW!" I yelled. A battlefield is no place for her, especially against dangerous people like these guys.

"You should know not to get distracted during a fight boy! As punishment, Feraligatr! Use Crunch on the trainer!" the trainer ordered.

"Tauros! Keep the Infernape busy with Take Down!" the other commanded. Tauros snorted as it began kicking snow back with his front right hoof. He then charged at Axel at an incredible speed. Before I knew it the Big Jaw Pokémon was practically on top of me with its mouth gaping wide. Well shit. For such a large Pokémon, Feraligatr move faster than I thought and Axel was having enough problems dealing with the Wild Bull Pokémon to help me.

"Magical Leaf Cherim!" Out of nowhere rainbow colored leaves flew past my head striking the giant reptile before it could clamp its massive jaws on my body. The sound of that command and the one who issued it filled me with anger.

"You shouldn't have gotten involved. I had this covered. You should have run away like I told you to Madison!" I scolded angrily looking back and forth between her and Cherim.

"But I wanted to help Onii-chan!" she defended, tears starting to well up in her eyes. I took a deep breath. There was just no getting threw to this kid.

"Fine. However, if you dare hinder me or things get too intense, get the hell out. Understood?" Madison nodded with her smile returning to her face. "Good. Just do as you did in combat practice."

"This isn't the sewing club! Now if you two are done kissing let's get back to this!" Feraligatr's trainer mocked.

"Me? Kiss her? *pff* I don't know about you, but I'm not a pedophile. Now the real fun begins!" A dramatic wind blew past. "Axel! Mach Punch Tauros!" I called. The monkey clenched a fist and sped off into a golden blur.

"Cherim! Leech Seed… uhh…" Madison stuttered.

"Feraligatr! Do it!" I interrupted. "Right! Feraligatr!" she continued. The Cherryblossom Pokémon shot several seeds from her purple flower at the crocodilian.

"Not so fast! Dodge with Agility Feraligatr!" the trainer commanded. With even greater speed than before, Feraligatr dashed out of the way as the seeds fell harmlessly on the ship deck. Meanwhile, Axel landed his Mach Punch to Tauros's left side causing the bull to cry out in pain.

"Retaliate with Zen Headbutt Tauros!" ordered Tauros (trainer). The horns on the bull's head began glowing a strange blue color. With an angry moo, Tauros pulled his head back then slammed it into Axel's chest.

"Damn that hurt!" Axel complained rubbing his ribs.

"Help Axel Cherim! Use Magical Leaf on Tauros!" called Madison. From underneath Cherim's flower came several more rainbow colored leaves, all on a direct course for Tauros. The Wild Bull Pokémon mooed in annoyance at the attack and began whipping himself with his tails.

"Don't forget about me now! Use Ice Fang on Cherim Feraligatr!" Feraligatr (trainer) ordered. Feraligatr opened its massive jaws where frost began surrounding its giant teeth. The brute then charged strait for the Cherryblossom Pokémon. "And Feraligatr, don't think it unnecessary to swallow." he added cynically.

"You won't eat Cherim as long as I'm around! Axel! Flame Wheel Feraligatr!" I called. The flame on the Infernape's head flared up as if lighter fluid had been splashed in it. He then jumped in the air and began spinning around into a ball shape rolling into the Big Jaw Pokémon before it could hit Cherim. Feraligatr may be fast, but Axel's faster.

"You'll pay for that! Feraligatr! Aqua Tail!" Feraligatr (trainer) barked. It was almost like the reptile secreted water from its skin on how fast the Pokémon's tail was covered in the liquid. The crocodilian swung its massive appendage into Axel sending the Flame Pokémon flying.

"Now get the Infernape with Horn Attack Tauros!" Tauros (trainer) commanded excitedly. Just before Axel hit the floor, the bull came charging with his head down and rammed his horns into the monkey's side. It was absolutely brutal to watch. Axel staggered back to his feet tightly gripping his left side where Tauros had hit. Axel pulled his hand away revealing a patch of red fur on what should have been white.

Madison put her hands to her mouth in shock. "Axel's hurt!"

"Don't worry about me. Tis but a scratch." the monkey said bravely.

"He'll be fine, Axel's been through worse." I said. Even though I knew he'd be ok, I couldn't help but feel some concern for my friend and Pokémon. That's when I came up with one of my unusually brilliant strategies. "Madison, have Cherim use Sunny Day."

"Um ok." she agreed nodding. "You heard Onii-chan Cherim!" Cherim temporarily turned upside down shooting a white ball of energy into the sky. The attack seemed to explode in the atmosphere scattering all the clouds in the area while causing the sunlight to intensify. It began to slowly feel like a summer day outside. The extra light caused Cherim to burst from its flower revealing a small yellow pixie covered in sakura petals with cherries on her head.

"You people are up to something." Tauros (trainer) accused bluntly.

"Gee, I had no idea we were up to something." I said sarcastically. I turned to Madison. "Did you?"

"I don't know, what are you planning Onii-chan?" she asked. I should have known better.

"Enough of this pussyfooting! Feraligatr! Thrash them!" Feraligatr (trainer) commanded. The Big Jaw Pokémon's eyes narrowed as it became more feral. It let out a beastly roar and attacked the closest target, Cherim.

"Cherim has to survive if my plan is to work! Axel! Close Combat Feraligatr!" I called.

"You're not going anywhere Infernape! Use Thrash as well Tauros!" Tauros (trainer) ordered. The Wild Bull Pokémon began whipping itself again becoming more pissed off. Being closest to Axel, that's who it went after. Axel instead initiated Close Combat with Tauros.

"Don't worry Onii-chan, I can take care of myself. Use SolarBeam Cherim!" With the sun as intense as it is, Cherim had no problem absorbing sunlight then sending the golden beam of solar radiation at Feraligatr. In an agonizing roar the crocodilian was sent half way down the deck before the SolarBeam faded leaving the beast unconscious. Now that's one down, and one to go.

"A little help here Brian!" Axel called desperately. He was surrounded in a flaming gold aura. It had been quite awhile since I had seen Axel in this state.

"So you've been pushed so far that your Blaze is activated. Very well, this ends now." I said silently. "Madison! Have Cherim use Helping Hand on Axel!"

"Right! Do as Onii-chan says Cherim!" she called in her usual cheerful manner. Cherim extended a tiny little hand to Axel. He accepted and she began sharing her power with the monkey. His Blaze aura got slightly more intense. The sunlight, the Blaze, and the power boost from Helping Hand. Now for the last part of my plan.

"Axel! Finish Tauros with Flare Blitz!" I commanded. Axel got down on all fours then lunged at the Wild Bull Pokémon. There was a reason his species was called the Flame Pokémon, Axel had become a speeding fireball by the time he collided with Tauros. The bull mooed in pain as it fell to the ground fainted. Even Axel fell to his knees heavily panting from the double edged sword attack.

"You bastards think we're finished here?" Tauros (trainer) said pulling out another Pokeball. Feraligatr (trainer) did the same. Shit, just when I thought we were done with these clowns. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Veilstone Harbor, and on the shoreline were several cop cars waiting. I began laughing triumphantly.

"You fools. We have won, just look down there!" I said pointing to the harbor. Feraligatr's eyes widened at the sight of the police.

"Who called them?" he demanded in a mix of fear and anger. He looked between me and Madison before looking Madison dead on. "It must have been you! You came into the battle late! That's enough time to have called the police!" he accused.

"Little bitch!" Tauros yelled angrily charging at her like his bull Pokémon with his fists clenched. When he was close enough I punched him in the face so hard he fell to the ground causing his hood to fall down. He was probably in his 30's with buzz cut blond hair. As he got up, he wiped blood from his mouth. "You'll… pay for-" I kicked him in the ribs to shut him up. The man looked up at me getting a fearful look on his face at the fierce glare I was giving him.

"Don't ever touch my Nee-chan again, got it!" I said intensely. Madison's eyes lit up at the comment. I turned to her and smiled. "What can I say, you've grown on me. (Like a fungus)" the last part said quietly. "So you called the cops?" I asked her in an impressed tone.

"No." she said shaking her head.

"It was me." came a deep voice. I turned around to see the sailor I battled on the first day. "I saw these guys dump a body over the side and called Veilstone City Harbor Patrol to look out for two guys in grey." The sailor explained.

I stepped forward to the guys who were now looking to the ground in defeat. "Who the hell are you people anyway?" I asked. Feraligatr looked up at me with a sinister grin.

"Team Neos. Remember that name!" he said.
-----------

Feraligatr and Tauros were confiscated along with the other two Pokémon and their trainers put in separate cop cars. Madison and I both gave our testaments to the police on what we saw and our involvement in fighting them.

"Well this is it." I said to Madison. "You should find yourself a boat that will take you where ever it was you said you wanted to go."

"No!" she responded defiantly. "There are a few towns in Western Sinnoh that hold contests and I want to win the ribbons there. Those towns just happen to be on the same road you were going to take to collect the badges you need to enter the Sinnoh conference." I put my hand over my eyes with a sigh. Axel started laughing but was cut off when his side started hurting again.

"You can come with me only if you agree to these conditions. We go at my pace, you slow me down I'm leaving you behind. You pay for your own stuff, food, lodgings, and whatever else. You hunt for your own food, what you find is what you get." I explained. "This way we aren't exactly travelling companions, more like two people going in the same direction at the same time who happen to travel together."

"Whatever works for you Onii-chan." she said laughing at me. *sigh* This is going to be a long winter.

Wow! I love it! Hee hee, in a weird sorta way Madison reminds me of... Me. It's sad really... Oh well. Please continue! It's amazing and I want to see what happens next!

Psycho Monkey

Chapter 6 has finally arrived. Sorry for the wait.

Chapter 6: Partaé

Over time I began to live up more and more to that annoying nickname Madison had given me. As an only child, I never knew what it was like caring for a younger sibling until now. I had friends who said how annoying their little sisters were, and I sure as hell can empathize with them now. Madison and I travelled together all the way to the Sinnoh Conference. I made it all the way to finals that year, and let me tell you, that was a pretty close match…

"Infernape and Torterra are staring eachother down." The announcer spoke into his microphone to lay even more suspense on the audience. They were probably on the edge of their seats right now, I know I was. This final match had been intense from the word ‘Go!' In the last 52 minutes my opponent Paul and I had completely decimated one another's teams. Axel was my last Pokémon, just as Torterra was his.

"Axel! Flare Blitz!" I commanded breaking the stalemate. The Infernape let out a battle cry as he surrounded his body in flames, then charged at Torterra like a comet. Torterra turned its head crying out as Axel landed a direct hit.

"Don't just stand there Torterra! Use Earthquake!" Paul shouted. The massive tortoise lifted one of its giant feet and stomped the ground with enough force to cause the whole field to shake. I even felt the vibrations from where I stood so I know Axel was feeling it.

"You're still close enough! Close Combat!" I called. With a single jump, Axel began beating on Torterra with a high speed melee assault.

"Get some distance! Leaf Storm!" my opponent commanded. A strong wind began to blow. The leaves on the tree on the Continent Pokémon's back began rustling as the whole tree started shaking. Axel crossed his arms in front of himself to keep from getting picked up by the wind, but that didn't help when the blade like leaves were ripped from Torterra's back and sent on a direct course for the monkey.

"Destroy those leaves with Ember!" I shouted over the loud hum of the wind. The Flame Pokémon began spitting out a flurry of small flames. While a lot of the in coming foliage was destroyed, there was still too many for Ember to counter. "In that case, turn it up a notch! Flamethrower!" Axel inhaled launching a long stream of fire into the Leaf Storm burning every last one until only ash remained of the onslaught.

"Now Torterra! Giga Drain!" Paul commanded. The giant tortoise shot three green tendrils of energy at Axel, two wrapping around his arms and the last one around his torso. The monkey looked at the energy whips disappointedly as they began sucking away his energy.

"Even your strongest Grass attacks are pitiful against me!" the Infernape taunted as he surrounded his fists in fire and slashed the vines of energy, breaking them apart like they were real vines. The green energy slowly dissipated into nothingness.

"Let's turn this up with Sunny Day Axel!" I called. After the battle on the ship with those Neos guys, Madison graced me with another TM so that I could make use of Sunny Day without her. And so I am. Axel concentrated a white ball of energy into his hand then threw it into the sky where it reacted with the atmosphere to absorb more sunlight making it feel hotter. In the heat things will dry out from the increased evaporation of water making them easier to burn.

"You fool!" Paul laughed, most likely at me. "Now I don't have to waste time charging! Torterra! Solar Beam!" Torterra opened its mouth and made use of the plentiful solar energy by drawing it in faster than usual then shot a golden beam of sunlight at Axel. The monkey gave me a look that said ‘dumbass!' before firing a Flamethrower to hold the beam back. No matter how much fire the Infernape breathed into the attack the Solar Beam kept coming. Finally Axel decided there was no stopping it and attempted to dodge it instead. However the speed of light proved faster catching his foot as he cartwheeled to the left. Axel grumbled as he stood up albeit a little wobbly from his foot hurting.

"Quit complaining! You know you're having fun!" I said. It had been quite awhile since we faced an opponent this skilled. "Now Axel, what say ye for Combo Two?" I suggested, although we both knew I was telling him to do it.

"Combo Two?" Paul repeated in confusion. The Flame Pokémon balled his fist before disappearing in a golden blur. Axel landed his Mach Punch on Torterra's jaw, then opening his fist, began Furry Swipes. It's amazing what can be accomplished by combining attacks.

"Torterra! Solar Beam!" called my opponent. Shit! There wasn't time to avoid this one! The Continent Pokémon rapidly drew in the sunlight before blasting Axel away with the attack. The way Axel bounced down the field there was no way that attack was anything less than a critical hit.

"Hey! You ok?" I asked him. The first thing to rise was his right hand with the middle finger up. Oh yeah, he's fine. Axel once again picked himself up of the ground. Some things never change, even as a Chimchar he refused to give up. It's just not in Axel's nature to quit unless he's unconscious. "As long as Torterra can use instant Solar Beam, I say we play the distance game. Flamethrower!" Axel nodded in agreement not wanting another face full of solar energy, then spit a long stream of fire at the tortoise. The sun had been strong for at least five or ten minutes by now as was obvious by the grass igniting under the Flamethrower serving as fuel making the attack stronger. Torterra roared in agony as the flames licked all over its body. When Axel ceased fire (pun intended), there was a long black streak still lit with small scattered embers leading all the way to my opponent who was almost completely surrounded by charred grass and smoke. Barely noticeable was a burn on top of Torterra's shell.

"Enough of this! Torterra! End this with Frenzy Plant!" Paul commanded confidently. Frenzy Plant? Never heard of that move before. I wonder what it's like. I didn't have to wait long, Torterra was quickly surrounded in a green aura as it charged the attack. I don't like the feel of this. The Continent Pokémon stomped its massive foot to the ground, only this time, instead of an earthquake, four giant earth-green thorned roots emerged from the ground. The giant roots lunged at Axel like snakes. In his attempt to evade one of them, Axel was struck by another landing on his back. The third root loomed above him thrusting downward like a spear, which he narrowly avoided by rolling to the side and back on his feet. The fourth one came for a frontal attack forcing Axel to jump backward. This had apparently been Torterra's intention as the giant roots then spiraled around themselves like a drill before spinning into Axel's chest. The Infernape screamed in pain as the roots continues twisting as if they would pierce him. Instead, he was picked up off his feet and thrown into the wall of the stadium behind me. The roots of the Frenzy Plant retracted and went back underground threw the gaping hole in the ground they left behind.

The Flame Pokémon got up as always and staggered forward. As he walked past me, Axel turned his head to look me in the eye as an apologetic smile crossed his face. "S-sorry… I… can't go on…" he said before collapsing.

"Infernape is defeated! The winner of this match and the Sinnoh Conference is Paul Shinji and his Torterra!" the Referee declared.

"Don't worry about it Axel." I said gently. "You did your best and that's all I could ever ask for. Besides, we had fun and that's all that matters." I picked Axel up and threw him over my shoulder to carry him to the stadium's Pokémon Center.

"Brian." came Paul's voice. "Good match. You are a very strong opponent and I respect you for your skill." he said extending his hand. I accepted the hand shake.

"Thanks. You are also a worthy opponent. I had a lot of fun fighting you." I said.

"*hmph* Whatever." Paul said retracting his hand. Did I say something wrong? I wanted to ask him about Frenzy Plant. Oh well, maybe I'll see him at the after party. But first things first, I don't plan on having an unconscious monkey on my back until he decides nap time is over.
--------------------------

After getting my Pokémon healed at the Pokémon Center, I attended the Award Ceremony where I was given the $10,000 second place prize inside a silver trophy that read 2nd Place on it. All in all this was a fun tournament. So what if I didn't win, I haven't won a League Tournament yet. I didn't even place in Kanto or Johto, and I got 3rd in Hoenn. As far as I'm concerned, I'm getting better.
------------------

"I'm sorry you lost Onii-chan." Madison consoled as if I were upset when we met up after the ceremony.

"Why? I'm not." I said matter of factly beginning to walk back to the hotel we were staying at.

"But you lost. Aren't you sad?" she asked in confusion following me.

"Disappointed, yes. Sad, no. Winning isn't everything Madison. I live to test the limits of my abilities, so I actively seek strong opponents to give me the thrill of a challenge. If I always won I'd get bored. Knowing that there are still people in the world who can beat me is what keeps me going. Combat is a learning experience, remember that." I explained. "Besides, you saw how close that battle was. If Axel could have held on just a little longer, his next attack coupled with Torterra's burn would have won me the battle."

"Well escuuuuse me!" Axel said pretending to be offended.

"So you're saying loosing is a good thing?" Madison questioned.

"Indeed." I nodded walking up to the door of the two-roomed sweet. All the competitors were given one. There was still half an hour before the after party so I figured I'd take a rest before leaving, plus I still needed to drop off my goodies.

"Onii-chan, what should I wear to the party?" Madison asked as soon as we walked in the sweet.

"What you have on is good enough. I'm wearing what I have one." I answered tediously sprawling myself out on the sofa.

"You wear the same thing every day!" she retorted frustratedly.

"No, I own two pairs of pants and three T-shirts. Not my fault if they're identical in every possible way." I defended. "One warning though, don't drink the punch." I warned changing the subject.

"Why?" she asked stopping midway to her room.

"Because the last party I went to someone spiked it." I responded flipping over into a semi-sitting position.

"What does that mean?"

"It means someone did something to the punch so that anyone who drinks it would do ‘funny' things. For example, thanks to drinking some, I had my first kiss with Axel." Madison's eyes widened to the size of her face in shock. I was trying my hardest not to laugh, it's no fun having an annoying sibling if you can't mess with them once in awhile. Axel caught on to my prank and started staring at Madison with an amorous look. He then puckered his lips and made a quick kissing sound. With that Madison ran to her room.

"You're bad." I said laughing.

"I learned from the best." Axel replied.

"Aye, that ye did." I agreed. I stood up and stretched. "Shall we be off then?" I offered.
---------------

"I like to move it, move it! I like to move it, move it! I like to move it, move it! Ya like to… Move it!" Axel and I sang into our respective microphones while dancing around like maniacs. It was our tradition for any party we went to, go up to the DJ, request ‘Move it Move it', obtain microphones, and karaoke! Naturally we became the center of attention. "All girls all over da world! Original Psycho Monkey pon ya case mon!" we continued shamelessly.

When the song ended, we took our bow to the cheering audience then walked off to get a drink. Just not of punch. I threw Axel a water bottle from the food table and grabbed one for myself. I pulled off the cap and took a long refreshing chug of ice cold water. "Ahhhhh…" I sighed pulling the bottle away from my face.

"Excuse me, Mr. Brian?" someone asked catching me off guard. I turned around to see a pudgy balding man with glasses in a red suit with some sort of envelope in his hand. I recognized the man as the oficial that handled the award ceremony.

"Don't call me Mister, I hate that." I responded. I wiped some sweat from my forehead with my thumb as I felt it about to drip in my eyes.

"The Champion was supposed to get this letter, but Paul Shinji turned it down saying he'd rather train for the Elite Four. Therefore as the runner-up you get this." he said passing the envelope to me.

"What is it?" I inquired accepting it.

"I have no idea." The man admitted. "I was just told to give this to the Champion." I tore it open and pulled out the letter inside along with a boat ticket.

Dear Sinnoh League Champion,

It is my honor to invite you to the White City Tournament on White Island, south west of Johto. You have been recognized for your exceptional skill and will participate against one hundred twenty seven other powerful trainers from all over the world. The tournament will begin on July 1, 2008. If any of the one hundred twenty eight competitors does not show up on this date or for their scheduled matches then they will forfeit. Included is a ticket for a special transport that will take you to White City. Further details will be disclosed at the Opening Ceremony. Good luck.

Sincerely,
The White City Committee

"Hm, interesting." I said. Excitement began pulsing through my veins as I laughed quietly to myself. "I hope you've had adequate rest, we're about to enter another tournament Axel."