• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Reynald's Art

I draw a lot and I'd like to know people's opinions of them so lemme know ^ ^.

I have a sheezy art http://reynald.sheezyart.com/

and a deviant art http://shingenisen.deviantart.com/

I am working on a comic but I have not gotten much done and so far not many people have found it very interesting but the pages are on those sites if anyone would like to view them.

Here are some examples of my art, they aren't the best but oh well I like them:

Suki.jpg

1427890.jpg

1554797.jpg

Those are some wonderful works, especially the magic circle on the third one. Is the 2nd one a Biochemist from Ragnarok Online? It resembles it....

Anyway, excellent work, the coloring is nicely done and the lineart is awesomely clean. I hope to see some more of your concepts.

Yea the second one is based on that character sprite I was just having fun and decided to make one. Most of my concepts are for my comic Magus. Its about the guy in the third picture Reynald. Like i said its not really off the ground yet only around 15 pages are done and the story is taking awhile to get out so idk if i will continue it or not. The first picture is Reynald's half sister Suki. there are like 7 other characters including a few dragons I have drawn up. The whole story took me a year to put together and now i don't know if i actually want to do it lol

any other concepts i draw are either things that people bring up that i find funny to draw or just happen to be bored and think of something on the spot lol

Thanks for all the compliments ^ ^

I like that your poses all have a degree of flexibility to them -- personally, I'm haunted by static-looking poses whenever I pick up a pencil. xD I don't think I'm qualified to comment on the bodily anatomy, since I only have a pretty basic grasp of that, but the facial anatomy's a bit strange to me.
You have situations where the eyes are too far apart, the mouth is too low on the jaw, and the nose and lips blend into one big lump. xD I understand that some animes and whatnot will do that sort of thing, but it looks odd to me. Taking that extra minute or so to draw out guidelines will make it seem that much more polished. If you don't understand what I mean, let me know and I'll provide a visual aid. :V

I can tell your bottom picture involved a whole lot of effort. The red lines coming out of that magic circle thingy really serve to make the whole thing more dynamic. The scribbles coming from his hands, however, seem a little bit too busy, and make his pose seem a bit... unbalanced, somehow. The circle itself... I dunno how they're supposed to work, but I feel like it should be bending to conform to the rocky cliff he's on, instead of being perfectly level. It just confuses the perspective for me a little, that's all.

The rest of the picture, however, seems a bit half-assed when compared to the sleek look that Reynald's sporting. All the flying enemies are just copy/pasted and you can tell, and the sea of enemies(?) on the ground looks like a purple cake with a slice cut out of it. The individual red-eyed lumps don't change in size as we recede to the horizon, implying that they're a few miles tall in the back of the army. xD I'm not saying you have to go out and individually draw 7500 purple dudes, but a bit more definition would go a long way in making the baddies match the effort put into Reynald's appearance.

(You might also want to consider color theory a little. The ones you have may be a bit too vivid and juvenile-seeming for the seriousness you intended for this picture.)

Whew... I got a bit carried away, didn't I? XD Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're a terrible artist or attacking your work or anything. If you've put a year into the story for your comic, though, that gives me the impression you're serious about this project. I just want to give some constructive criticism in hopes that it helps you along. :]

Haha I know what you mean. Whenever I have to take notes or I'm just bored I tend to draw the same pose over and over again It just happens. Yea sometimes I find my faces strange to myself but I could never do the guidelines thing. I learned from a friend and then just ran with it and modified his style like 8 billion times and I'm still not happy with it ^ ^'''. I just got into drawing a basic figure to get poses right and looking at other pictures help alot. And I still mess up on them on the first picture her right foot looks too flat to me and her left hand kinda disappears behind the boot but that was cause when I was sketching it during math class I could not get the hand right so I just kinda caved. But yea any help is appreciated.

Yea I am never happy with that picture all the way. I loved the pose I got Reynald in (even though I messed up on it.) The background was kinda hastily drawn In to match his pose so I can see how it looks off. The circle was a brush I had found at Deviant art, same for the magic auras coming from his hands. I tried to tone them down and it was my first time messing with the circle. I could have moved it a little and added outer glow and inner glow to make it seem more like energy.

The rest is more or less half assed. Like I said most of my concepts come from taking boring notes and doodling until I find something I like. This picture I based off the song from Simple Plan called Me Against the World. I felt the song kinda represented Reynald perfectly cause in my comic almost everyone wants him dead for some reason or another. The actual sketch only had a blob for the sea and one drawn guy when I scanned it so yea copy and paste was all I could think up as I was photo shopping it. The sea....yea I could never get it right. Or any other attempts at a sea of enemies.......But I see what you mean I think I was finishing the whole see last at like 4 in the morning I had a spree where I just could not stop working on it.

Shading and Coloring were always a big problem. I only get basic shading concepts and can never get all the shading in.

Nah it's fine I like this kinda of criticism, most people point out obvious things that I know and can't seem to fix. I understand. Yea I did and I am serious but I'm not the best writer (my rps are sucking major right now T T. I can't get more than a paragraph in cause of how little everyone else posts but oh well.) and I don't think my drawing is up to the level I want to draw it but I started anyways cause the person that had helped me (she actually has a charie it's Reynald's Sis the first pic) wanted to see it and so did like one or two others but they never commented on the look or anything.

It really does help I mean I always need help to make sure I'm getting it right but I just keep trying and trying and soo far people like my pics, wish I could lol. Thanks for the help and any future help you give will be greatly appreciated.

what the ish? i had to look at your first picture for like 10 minutes to find out what it was. it was the unique posing. which was good. you want people to double-take cuz it makes it stand out more than other drawings. noice gawb wit awl uv em! i like the third one best. the red part was mad cool.

You are a great drawer! *glomps*
Can I have your autograph?

Hahaha ...WAH!! *falls*

I dont think I'm great enough to give out autographs but thanks ^ ^

[quote author=halls link=topic=3293.msg41635#msg41635 date=1198373690]
what the ish? i had to look at your first picture for like 10 minutes to find out what it was. it was the unique posing. which was good. you want people to double-take cuz it makes it stand out more than other drawings. noice gawb wit awl uv em! i like the third one best. the red part was mad cool.
[/quote]

thanks i messed up a ton on that pic but i really wanted the pose to be right and i found a bunch of brushes that were like O o must have. thanks

Sorry ahead of time for the double post!! ^ ^'''

I just got this one finished late Xmas Eve

It is my RP character for Pokecharms. Reynald and Fenrir ^ ^!!
I'm not sure if I got Fenrir's size right. Growlithe is supposedly a dog type so I just guessed *shrugs*

Growlithe.jpg

I like the shading I did on Fenrir. I messed up a little on the poke balls but oh well right? lol

I'm surprised it came out so well I suck with animals and I figured that would apply to Pokemon but I guess not ^ ^

For some reason most of my concepts don't have backgrounds for a few reasons:

1) I suck at BGs
2) I put too much of my small attention on the main part, mainly the main character of the pic.
4) I cant do scenery lol

Oh if anyone wants me to draw anything dont hesitate to ask I love drawing and draw pretty much 24/7.

That Growlithe is soooo cute :3

You have quite a talent here, nice coloring job too.

Take requests?

thankya for the compliment

and yea if you want me to draw something just ask ^ ^. little detail as to what you exactly want would help otherwise it'll be kinda boring heh. So yea if you want something ask away ^ ^

Well as long as you can draw girls :p

Female human trainer, short black hair (something similar to the one in my trainer card) with either  a psyduck or a kecleon as partner (im guessing psyduck will be easier to draw) clothes would be in beige to red tones and partner pokemon either close to the leg like your growlithe or on head :p

If you cant draw girls (like I know so many artists say then cant) just a cool Kecleon art would be awesome too. (Something like him preparing a shadowball or him looking wierd/odd)

Well as long as you can draw girls :p

Female human trainer, short black hair (something similar to the one in my trainer card) with either a psyduck or a kecleon as partner (im guessing psyduck will be easier to draw) clothes would be in beige to red tones and partner pokemon either close to the leg like your growlithe or on head :p

If you cant draw girls (like I know so many artists say then cant) just a cool Kecleon art would be awesome too. (Something like him preparing a shadowball or him looking wierd/odd)

Can i draw girls????? did you look at the first pick of the post? yea i can draw them ^ ^ I already have an idea so ill get to work on that right away!!....After Xmas of course lol

Hair and clothes are fine from the trainer card. As for eyes, Green for the trainer and blue for the psyduck (although his are usually just dots :p)

[glow=red,2,300][/glow]2 be frank... i can't use photoshop XP!!! any work done here on cpu has to be better than my attempts...
but that DOES NOT mean that my hand drawn images suk ( i WILL get an a* for art gcse XD ). the images here are REALLY good.
but try drawing the same guy from different angles... that'll really test your limits :p ( if i sound nub then sorry ).

[glow=red,2,300][/glow]2 be frank... i can't use photoshop XP!!! any work done here on cpu has to be better than my attempts...
but that DOES NOT mean that my hand drawn images suk ( i WILL get an a* for art gcse XD ). the images here are REALLY good.
but try drawing the same guy from different angles... that'll really test your limits :p ( if i sound nub then sorry ).

Then you should put some of your pictures up ^ ^i would not mind seeing them. I usually draw Reynald in many different poses. Ill spend endless amounts of time when i should be taking notes to draw lol. its alright your advice is still sound

Again sorry for the double post ^ ^'''

I got the request done for Jeydis:

casey.jpg

is this alright? if there are any problems lemme know ^ ^''' I could not figure out what to do for the hands so they probably dont look that good

O.o wow you surprised me lol, wasnt expecting it this fast.

Its perfect, cant get over how cute the psyduck and the kecleon look.

*glomps* I owe you one!

Sadly I only do Photomanips now *sniff*

well if ever you want something more like a forum signature done come see me :D

[size=8pt]I think double-posting is okay as long as it's on your own thread, and it includes an update of sorts :3

But I really like your stuff Reynald- the girl's pose in the first picture looks kind of awkward to me, like her spine is hyper-extensive x;
Owwww*
My suggestion is to take a look at the poses other people make, and maybe check out some of the anatomy tutorials on DA to experiment with the limits you can contort the human body into.
Other than that, I really like how clean your coloring and lines are, and the shading seems good too.
Sometimes if you're having trouble remembering where to put the shading (I know I make this mistake A LOT) try making a doodle somewhere on the page that will represent the light source. Being able to see it usually helps me to remember where the shades go and where they don't, so it might help you too :3

O.o wow you surprised me lol, wasnt expecting it this fast.

Its perfect, cant get over how cute the psyduck and the kecleon look.

*glomps* I owe you one!

Sadly I only do Photomanips now *sniff*

well if ever you want something more like a forum signature done come see me :D

Your welcome I didn't think i got it the way you wanted I'm glad you liked it ^ ^

[quote author=Belle link=topic=3293.msg42095#msg42095 date=1198647132]
[size=8pt]I think double-posting is okay as long as it's on your own thread, and it includes an update of sorts :3

But I really like your stuff Reynald- the girl's pose in the first picture looks kind of awkward to me, like her spine is hyper-extensive x;
Owwww*
My suggestion is to take a look at the poses other people make, and maybe check out some of the anatomy tutorials on DA to experiment with the limits you can contort the human body into.
Other than that, I really like how clean your coloring and lines are, and the shading seems good too.
Sometimes if you're having trouble remembering where to put the shading (I know I make this mistake A LOT) try making a doodle somewhere on the page that will represent the light source. Being able to see it usually helps me to remember where the shades go and where they don't, so it might help you too :3
[/quote]
I know what you mean when I am having trouble with a position i do tend to look at other pictures. Also i use stick figures to convey what I want. That first pic is just a doodle i did in Math class in college and I like the way it turned out so viola there it is ^ ^ there are a ton of other things wrong with it the right foot looks flat among other things ^ ^. Yea shading has always been a big issue for me I can never seem to get it right. If i do a box or a sphere i can do it right, otherwise......no XP

Thanks for the Advice ^ ^

hey can i make a reguest

can you draw my sprite i have a drawing of it but the skin color and a few other things are wrong with it

please and thanks i would love if you did this and i dont care how long you take please and thanks (also if you want to put a mighytena in the pic next to him that would be cool but you dont have to)

hey can i make a reguest

can you draw my sprite i have a drawing of it but the skin color and a few other things are wrong with it

please and thanks i would love if you did this and i dont care how long you take please and thanks (also if you want to put a mighytena in the pic next to him that would be cool but you dont have to)

Course I could any pictures that will help me get an idea on your character would be great. and letting me know almost exactly what you want (poses,whatnot) would help so I know im getting it right ^ ^

Course I could any pictures that will help me get an idea on your character would be great. and letting me know almost exactly what you want (poses,whatnot) would help so I know im getting it right ^ ^
Pose i guess standing with a pokeball (just like in my id card) put as for other pics my avi and the stuff in my sig is all i have (the pic i said in the post with my request got deleted by my bro lol so thats all i have (thats mainly why am asking for one lol)

Pose i guess standing with a pokeball (just like in my id card) put as for other pics my avi and the stuff in my sig is all i have (the pic i said in the post with my request got deleted by my bro lol so thats all i have (thats mainly why am asking for one lol)

Alllll righty then ill get right to work hopefully I'll be able to get it done in two days or so depending ^ ^

Anything you want different?

Alllll righty then ill get right to work hopefully I'll be able to get it done in two days or so depending ^ ^
ok thanks i cant wait to see it

edit: all you art is good (took a look at you website with all the pics of art and pics of you, also its funny that someone thought you were a girl you look like a boy to me lol)

edit2:if you could have espeon instead of mightyena that would be great

ok thanks i cant wait to see it

edit: all you art is good (took a look at you website with all the pics of art and pics of you, also its funny that someone thought you were a girl you look like a boy to me lol)

edit2:if you could have espeon instead of mightyena that would be great

^ ^

thanks for the compliment and visiting my art pages ^ ^. yea i get that a few times mainly if someone approaches me from behind XD. I just hate short hair lol

yup yup duly noted no problem ^ ^

^ ^

thanks for the compliment and visiting my art pages ^ ^. yea i get that a few times mainly if someone approaches me from behind XD. I just hate short hair lol

yup yup duly noted no problem ^ ^

lol but you look good with long hair so i say keep it

also i love the comic you made its cool

Well Here you go Flame. after 12+ hours of work....three cans of coke, one bottle of Bawls, two cups of Ramen and some steak here it is
^ ^ hope you like it tell me if anything wrong

FlameOriginal.jpg

still taking requests im fairly fast at them you can ask the two ppl ive done them for ^ ^

Well Here you go Flame. after 12+ hours of work....three cans of coke, one bottle of Bawls, two cups of Ramen and some steak here it is
^ ^ hope you like it tell me if anything wrong

Flame.jpg

still taking requests im fairly fast at them you can ask the two ppl ive done them for ^ ^
if i ask you to change 2 things can you change them (other then the 2 thing is looks great)

thing one:there is a pin (that looks like the badge in my sig one his right side of his jacket
thing two:the pouch thing on his right side by his hand(right) is like a olive green)

if you cant change this because it is to late or you dont want to it find i can live with out them

ALSO OMG I LOVE IT YOU ARE SOOOOOOO COOL I LOVE IT AND YOU I AM GOING CRAZY I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

if i ask you to change 2 things can you change them (other then the 2 thing is looks great)

thing one:there is a pin (that looks like the badge in my sig one his right side of his jacket
thing two:the pouch thing on his right side by his hand(right) is like a olive green)

if you cant change this because it is to late or you dont want to it find i can live with out them

ALSO OMG I LOVE IT YOU ARE SOOOOOOO COOL I LOVE IT AND YOU I AM GOING CRAZY I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

can do it the pouch looked blueish in the sprite and I couldnt tell what the badge looked like if you can give me a hint on that i can add it in no problem

edit: oh the eye thing? I can try and is it on the left or the right (right: pokeball hand. left: open hand) might be a bit tough but ill give it a shot. I can at least do the bag thats easy

can do it the pouch looked blueish in the sprite and I couldnt tell what the badge looked like if you can give me a hint on that i can add it in no problem

edit: oh the eye thing? I can try and is it on the left or the right (right: pokeball hand. left: open hand) might be a bit tough but ill give it a shot. I can at least do the bag thats easy
its one the side with the open hand and and srry if i looked blue i should have told you it was not thanks

its one the side with the open hand and and srry if i looked blue i should have told you it was not thanks

There all the changes have been made ^ ^. dont worry about it like i said its a simple color fix no biggie. Howd i do on the badge though? took me longer than i thought it would and i put alot of time into it so lemme know ^ ^

If you're still taking requests, can you do a picture of me? The general design is like Seto Kaiba wearing a Gardevoir helmet. The cane (from my sprite at Rocket X's art) is optional.

If you're still taking requests, can you do a picture of me? The general design is like Seto Kaiba wearing a Gardevoir helmet. The cane (from my sprite at Rocket X's art) is optional.

sure can do ^ ^ some pictures would help and anything else you want in the pic? and any pose?

Hm... A pose? Maybe a broad, sweeping gesture, with PokeBalls hovering in my arm's path? As for details, I don't really know what I want, except that it should look Gardevoir-inspired.

uh...alright ill see what i can do it wint be up for awhile cause i wont be able to get to my scanner anytime soon ^ ^''