• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Revolutions Of Pokemon

Pokemon Has Been Known For Oh So Long - Every Trainer Has Learned How To Train Their Pokemon, How To Level Themselves To The Highest - But What If It Didn't Work Like That Anymore?

Presenting, Revolutions Of Pokemon!
Welcome trainers to Revolutions of Pokemon. This is a concept RP: Meaning it's a 'What If' sort of thing. And my What If is... What if their were no longer any gyms? No badges to earn? No rules to follow? What if your Pokemon simply followed you into a different working realm? This is where the Revolutions begin...

What Is Revolutions Of Pokemon?
Revolutions Of Pokemon is where natural Pokemon we all know are introduced to a new world. A long landscape of mountains, rivers, forests, and much more different biomes. There are new ways to work around here, and you must learn how they work.

Well, how DOES it work?
Let's explain:
Your Pokemon have the same stats, breeds, names, types, and moves - but everything else changes.
We begin at the different regions. Each region is a different biome, simple, right? Just choose a region to live in!
Mountain Region
Beach Region

Woods Region
Jungle Region
Grasslands Region
Riverside Region
Swamp Region

Each region has different material, for example, you could find lots of sand and shells in a beach region, but you couldn't find them in a jungle region - instead, you'll find lots of growth, vines, and wildlife.
What happens is you try to find loot to build a home, protect yourself, and survive. For now, it's every trainer for themselves - in a much wilder world.
You do NOT get to choose what loot you get. To get more loot, be more active and go on more adventures!
You get to create a trainer card with the closest you would imagine to your trainer's looks, choose a name, ect. You can begin with one chosen badge (The first one in any of the different badge types) and one chosen Pokemon. As you progress, you can earn more and edit your card.
Warning: Pokemon CAN die in this world, rather than just faint! If a Pokemon dies, you know two things - you have to find a new Pokemon by exploring, and you have to level them up better.
How do you level them up? Simple. Be active. Challenge enemies. Find loot. The more work your Pokemon does, the higher in level you can get.
Levels also work differently in this RP. All Pokemon have HP. Your HP increases by 2 each time you level up. You begin with 20 HP. It depends what level you are on to determine how much damage you inflict.
If your level is 1, you can inflict 2 damage on your opponent. If 2, you can inflict 4, in so on. Certain types can inflict more damage onto those who are weak to them. If your opponent is weak to one of your types, your damage inflicted increases by 1.
Does it makes sense? Tell me if you need help!

I Love The Idea! How do I begin?
Simple. All you have to do is tell me you'd like to join (THROUGH PRIVATE MESSAGE), then go and make your card.
Remember:
You can begin with 1 pokemon, any species.
You can begin with 1 badge, the first one in any category.
Then let me see your badge, an RP sample, and if your approved, you can begin your quest! If not, better luck next time, you can try again at ANY time!

Quick Rules:
1. No inappropriate language.
2. Anytime you are speaking out of character during an RP, use ( and )
3. No claiming the concept as your own
4. No faking what loot your levels you have.
5. Enjoy!

Chatacters:
Silvania - Level 2 Fennekin; Spyro, Level 1 Shiny Ekans; Torret (Mimi9911)
Ben - Level 2 Deino; Bruce, Level 1 Pikipek; Elevar (DeltaFlame61)
Nia - Level 1 Togedemaru; Spike (Pokeshay)

Revolutions Of Pokemon Created By (c) Mimi9911
Enjoy!

Last edited:
NEW!
Evolution Specifics.
For this realm of RP, your Pokemon can only Evolve to the next stage at a certain level. They can go to stage two at level 10, and stage three at level 25. Then you go to your card and update it, by replacing the previous stage with the new one.

Farewell!
~ Mimi

RP THREAD WITH DELTAFLAME61! (I'm in the process of making a trainers card for my character.)

Silvania was in the Woods Region - a lush forest, though much less dense than a jungle. There were many orange and red leaved trees around her as she walked, and two times as many leaves on the green grass below. It was fall season - getting slightly colder by the minute, but for now, they could enjoy a cool, relaxing breeze. And, in her opinion, the leaves were quite beautiful this season. Her First Pokemon, Fennekin, bounded happily behind her as she walked, pausing to sniff each leaf that he found on the path. Until turning to hear a rustle in one of the orange bushes...

Ben looked around as he trekked through the Woods Region, observing the scenery. The breeze felt amazing, chilling him to the bone. His partner, a Deino named Bruce, walked along beside him. Bruce had been injured when Ben found him in a cave in Victory Road. Since then, Ben had been traveling everywhere with Bruce. Suddenly, he noticed a young girl walking along the forest with a Fennekin. He decided not to grab her attention just yet in fear that he might frighten her, so Ben decided to keep quiet. However, his motive proved in vain as Bruce lost his balance and tumbled into a bush. Oh, right: Deino was blind.

The Fennekin, or as Silvania called him, Spyro, leaped into the bushes and tackled whatever was there playfully. He licked the face of Bruce several times before catching the attention of Silvania. When making it to the bush, she noticed Ben on the other side. "Oh! I didn't see you there." She smiled a bit shyly before opening the bush to find Spyro sitting atop a Deino. "Get off of him." She laughed and push Spyro towards her, who parked in a high pitched way at bruce.

"I'm Ben," he replied. "I was feeling a little lonely just traveling with only Bruce. How'd you like to come with me? Well, I actually don't know where I'm actually going, but you want to travel together?"

"Sure! I'm sure Spyro would love a partner - he's quite the handful." She bent over to scratch his head, and his feet seemed to wiggle as if he just couldn't keep still.

"Great!" Ben said, smiling. "So, to make things interesting, how about a battle? That should give Spyro and Bruce some training practice and a way to let off steam."

Spyro barked at the idea. No one could tell if it was a bad bark, a good bark, or just a bark. "Spyro absolutely needs to let off some steam." She giggled. "Anyway, sure." She looked at Spyro. "How does that sound, boy? A nice, short battle?" He barked again. Just assume it was a yes.

Ben leaned over to Bruce. "So, how about it, buddy? You wanna battle?" Bruce nodded excitedly. "Alright! Let's go!" Bruce leaped into the field to face Spyro. "Alright, Silvania, you can have the first move!"

(A quick note - in tutorial battle, such as this, half of the damage inflicted will be immediately replaced when the battle has ended.)

Spyro jumped forward and did a quick, simple scratch, inflicting two damage upon Bruce's 20 HP.

(One last note. Very skilled moves, such as moves at the top of the list, get an extra 1 attack point upon it. And types of moves that increase attack have the same effect. .3.)

Silvania smiled and made a gesture with her hands that she'd taught to Spyro, and he immediately understood it, doing a quick flame charge with two damage.

Bruce tumbled to the ground. "Bruce! You alright?" Bruce snorted up dirt, clearly angry. "Ok, use Dig!" Bruce tunneled into the earth, then popped out right underneath Spyro, dealing two damage.

Spyro yelped and fumbled backwards. "Howl!" Silvania said quickly. He then took a long inhale, and let out a bark-like howl into the air, puffing out his chest and giving him energy for 1 more attack point for the next three turns.

"Spryo! Psyshock!" Silvania blurted. Spyro groaned from where he was and got up, then send a purple wave in Bruce's direction. The impact of the move caused 4 damage and a slight decrease of defense - Bruce was now down to 9 HP.

(It actually dealt 3 damage from the howl. ;)) Spyro, falling, coughed up a little dirt and shook himself, getting up. He was now down to 10 HP. He did a quick defending move, holding his ground. The next attack he threw would be lowered by 1 point.

Spryo growled but took the chance of doing a tail slash, although it only dealt 1 damage, Bruce was down to 8HP, and he was winning by two.

(Sorry for the late reply)

Spyro jumped back and did one last scratch, dealing two damage before deciding to bark and give a little ending to their battle.

(It's fine; you don't have to apologize.)

"Good battle!" Ben said as he walked up to Silvania. "Spyro's really strong. No doubt he'll turn out to be a powerful one in the future."

He barked and jumped over, as if completely forgetting about the battle. She bent down to pet him, resting on her knees. "I sure hope so. We'll have to break him from his habit of getting distracted, though."

"Don't worry!" Ben smiled encouragingly. "I'm sure he'll be able to get over it soon." Ben looked around. "It's getting dark. We should make camp for the night."

She nodded and stood up, carrying Spyro with her. He was getting tired himself. "So, do you leave in the Woods Region, or are you more of a nomad?"

She shrugged. And began to walk. "I suppose I do call this Region home, though I do love traveling to the others." Her shoes crunched in the leaves as she walked.

"Cool. I've been wanting to do that for a while now, but traveling gets a little hard when it's just you and your partner." Ben and Silvania walked a little bit more until Ben noticed his tent. "There it is. I'll get the campfire set up. You brought your own tent, right?"

She smiled at the sight of the little camp. Silvania patted her backpack that was strapped tightly to her back. "Got everything in here." A couple Pokeballs clinked together, hanging from little clips on the side. She sighed. "You never see any wild Pokemon willing to join your team anymore. Little Spyro here has been with me from the start - hatched him from an egg."

"That's true," Ben agreed as he lit the fire. "Come make yourself warm. Even I can't bear 6 hours of chilly wind." Ben took out some marshmallows from his backpack. "Why don't we relive some of our childhood memories?" he asked as he stuck one on a stick and offered it to Silvania.

She sat down on a log near the fire, and accepted the marshmallow happily, taking a small piece of chocolate and a couple crackers from her backpack and making a makeshift smore. "Well, I honestly don't remember much, but Spyro and I did do a lot of things together." She said, muffled eating through her smore. "When I was really small, I always tied some markers to his tail and we'd make abstract art." Silvania giggled.

Ben laughed, picturing the scene in his mind. "Bruce and I had fun together too. I would usually wrestle with him. Every time I brought up wrestling, he seemed to brighten up instantly." Ben smiled. "I can't imagine living without Bruce. You probably feel the same about Spyro." Ben saw how dark it was. "Hey, I'm gonna go to my tent and sleep. But first, I'll help you set up your own tent. Can't just leave you to struggle with this load while I snore through the night!" Ben chuckled.

"Thanks so much." She laughed before opening up her bag and yanking out a long, wrinkled blue tent that was folded up. She snatched some poles from the bag and began setting up with Ben. "Yeah, life wouldn't have been the same without Spyro." She blurted after getting busy. "I was depressed a lot as a kid, but he knew just how to cheer me up."

//

Meanwhile, while Silvania and Ben were setting up, Spyro pranced over to Bruce, wagging his tail. He began making small barks, that were nonsense to a human, but make perfect sense to another Pokemon. {Hey thereeeeee! Bruce? Yea, Bruce. I'm Spyro! I like Ben. He seems nice. Silvania is nice too. Do you like her?} Spyro's words came at a rapid fire pace, much like his personality.