• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Raticate Moveset? [edit] whole team now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I caught a shiny Raticate yesterday in LG.
I transferred it over to Diamond and I want to use it for a team.
Its level 34 with a calm nature.
Impetuous and silly, it likes bitter food.
Its current moveset is:
Quick Attack
Hyper Fang
Scary Face
Pursuit
guts

Magnezone
Level 31 with a Bold nature
Somewhat of a clown, Likes sour food
Thunderbolt
Tri Attack
Magnet Rise
Explosion
Sturdy

Weepinbell (will be victreebel)
Level 52 with a Quirky nature
Mischievous and happily eats anything
Gastro Acid
Razor Leaf
Slam
Wring Out
Chlorophyll

Grumpig
Level 32 with a Lonely nature
Strong willed and likes spicy food
Psybeam
Zen Headbutt
Rest
Snore
Own Tempo

Vulpix (will be ninetails)
Level 30 with a Jolly nature
Likes to relax and likes sweet food
Will-o-wisp
Confuse Ray
Imprison
Flamethrower
Flash Fire

All of the have the PkRS
should I replace any of the pokemon on my team?
Would this be considered a UU pokemon team (well, besides the ninetails and magnezone)?
suggestions?

Magnezone@Wise Glasses/Shed Shell
Modest/Mild Nature
84 Spd (+4 from every one point away from an IV of 31) / 252 S.Atk / (88 Atk / Rest into HP) or (Rest into Atk)
-Discharge/Thunderbolt/Charge Beam
-HP Ice/Tri Attack/Explosion/Flash Cannon
-See Below
-See Below

For the last two spots, Thunder Wave, Flash Cannon, Substitute, Metal Sound, Screech, Magnet Rise, Signal Beam, Explosion

Between the three core Electric Attacks, each does something notable.

Thunderbolt is the most powerful and has a 10% chance to paralyze.
Discharge is slightly weaker, but holds a 30% chance to paralyze.
Charge Beam can't paralyze, has a lower Base Attack, but has a 70% chance of increasing the Special Attack by a stage.

For the second attack HP Ice is ideal, but highly unlikely.
Tri Attack is a nice second move since it has a 20% chance to Burn / Freeze / Paralyze.
Flash Cannon gives it another STAB attack.
Explosion can take out Blissey (Or almost).

The last two slots are all other options.

Flash Cannon and Explosion were mentioned already.
Magnet Rise to avoid the Earthquake from lots of Pokemon.
Thunder Wave is a good move, but shouldn't be used when using Discharge. Discharge attacks and holds a moderate chance of paralyzing as is.
Screech and Metal Sound lower the Def and S.Def stat respectively. Either you run or take a huge hit.
Substitute scouts for moves.
Signal Beam gives it another Special Attack to run off of its High base stat.

As for the item. the sole reason I list Shed Shell is for Dugtrio. Escaping from that things is a blessing.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Right, I was supposed to come back here and post again XD
Sorry about that ^^;

Raticate @ Burn Orb
-Facade
-Crunch/Sucker Punch
-U-Turn/Dig
-Protect/Swords Dance

Facade gets 210 base power with the Burn Orb, and Guts cancels out the attack-lowering effect of the burn.
Crunch gives you ghost coverage while Sucker Punch gives you ghost coverage with priority... with the catch that they have to be attacking. This could be handy for the many things that outspeed Raticate.
U-turn lets you flee from any Rocks/Steels that come out, and still get a bit of damage off of them in the process.
Protect Ensures the burn orb activates so you can begin sweeping
Swords Dance will double your attack as it's activating, letting you do more damage but leaving you wide open to attack... not good with Raticate's defenses.

Iron tail could effectively deal with rocks, but you'd still be walled by Steels.. Iron tail isn't exactly accurate either.

EVs for Protect:
Full Speed and attack
Attack will be 303-351 after Guts activates, and you'll be at full health

EVs for Swords Dance:
Full Speed and Special Defense
Attack will be 450-543 after Guts activates, but you're likely to have taken an attack. After switching back from U-turn, your attack will be 225-271, considerably low for a sweeper... That's why you see dig in the set.
These EVs make the best of your Calm Nature as it is, should be sent out against a lower class special attacker... not something like Alakazam XD

Dig for the Swords Dance set. You're opponent is likely to start playing switching games with you, if they don't Earthquake on the turn you dig down anyway. They'll either switch or try to take the hit. If they switch you can either likely KO what they switched in, or do at least a chunk to the rock/steel as it switches back in. 

Quite honestly, I still like U-turn more, since facade is still overpowered even with your attack barely reaching 300 at best. Just wanted to throw dig as a possible option.

Another option consists of:

Raticate@Salac Berry
-Endure
-Endeavor
-U-turn
-Taunt

If you're faster without the berry:
Taunt if you think a non-attack is coming, then Endure.
Endeavor now, or U-turn away and keep the Endeavor as Ammo when needed.
U-turn can catch some people off-guard if they think you're going to endeavor immediately

If you're slower
Endure a hit, and then endeavor them after the Salac boosts you faster.

EVs in speed and attack.

Final option consists of the ever wonderful FEAR

Raticate @ Focus Sash
-Endeavor
-Quick Attack
-Pursuit
-Protect

This set requires raticate to be slower to -FULLY- work, so no speed EVs this time, Just attack

Send out Raticate on something you know it's slower than, Endeavor on the first turn, quick attack on the next. If your opponent is dumb enough to send out a pokemon that's slower than Raticate, Endeavor that too. For this reason, FEAR Raticate can be easily used as a trump card when your opponent only has two pokemon left. If you're lucky, the last pokemon will be slower.

Pursuit lets you catch them on the switch, but should only be used if you know for sure they'll switch. If you use this moveset on a team with Stealth rock support, Pursuit isn't even remotely neccessary.
Protect will allow you to check if an attack is coming, provided you're unsure whether an attack or a status is coming... generally you should only use Raticate if you're sure an attack is coming XD

Status
Not open for further replies.